Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cost of Showing at Potomac

Just out of curiosity, if I may ask, can anyone tell me how much they spend at LRC Potomac to show & stay at Hotel.
Has anyone done a breakdown of expenses?
I'd like to go next year ...
I can put together an estimated amount but would like to know if anyone can share their actuals.
I have never been and would like to know:
Do they have food vendors for lunch there?
Are restaurants expensive for dinner?
To stay a week do you normally bring ice chests with snacks/water/sodas? Like I said just curious as to how much I need to budget for next or even the following year.
If this is too personal sorry in advance.

Re: Cost of Showing at Potomac

Last year 4 nights at the host hotel worked out to something over $600. I am not sure what the rate is this year. There are other hotels in the area. There are restaurants nearby for every budget. I always bring some food.

Host hotel is about $150 a night. There are way better, and way cheaper hotels nearby. Restaurant prices vary. Some very cheap, others not. I always bring a cooler of food. My hotel has a fridge and microwave in the room. The host hotel does sell a lunch each day. The club provides coffee and donuts each morning. It is NOT a cheap week! But, if you can find people to share expenses, it is doable.

I share a room at the host hotel and that helps a lot. But when you add up entry fees, meals, the food you bring along, money spent at the vendors, gas and tolls, we are talking about a lot of money. It is easy to spend between $700 and $1000 for the whole week. Can you imagine what the people who come from outside the USA spend?

Thank you all for your input. I had budgeted myself $2K to cover everything for 1 week, driving to & from. 1 more question, if you want to go to the banquet, are there empty tables you can sit at or do you have to buy and table and share. I am clueless. Thanks again.

There are bleachers set up - good viewing!

Newbie99
Thank you all for your input. I had budgeted myself $2K to cover everything for 1 week, driving to & from. 1 more question, if you want to go to the banquet, are there empty tables you can sit at or do you have to buy and table and share. I am clueless. Thanks again.
Don't buy a full table. People that don't contribute to it sit down and couldn't care less someone paid for it even if you tell them it's reserved. Other thing you can do is buy a seat from a table purchaser or use the bleachers. Best case scenario is the bleachers. I contributed for tables for years and someone was always in my seat. Now I use the bleachers for several years.

$2,000 should completely cover you, gas and all the rest. You'll probably come home with leftover but better to budget high then low.

Have fun at your 1st Pmac!

$1000 including entertainment

Thanks for you input! Bleachers it is! I think I'd be pretty upset if I paid $150.00 for a table and found people sitting there that were not invited.

Newbie99
Thanks for you input! Bleachers it is! I think I'd be pretty upset if I paid $150.00 for a table and found people sitting there that were not invited.

Actually, it is a lot of fun! I always get a table with a few friends, but it is rare that everyone is sitting at the same time. Especially if you are showing veterans. I enjoy all the different people that plop down for a while to visit, and share our wine and snacks! I have never once dwelled on who paid and who didn't. Relax and enjoy the dogs and the people!

Thanks... yes you are correct!!! Sounds like fun! thanks for all the advice