Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nationals this Fall

A friend passed on something about a top 20 lab gala ? I was given the web site top20labgala.com but it doesn't work. Do I have the wrong web address ? Does anyone know anything about it ?

Re: Nationals this Fall

Not too sure I'll be supporting the LRC this year, after seeing the letter that was sent out to Labrador judges. Feels like deja vu.

What letter?

The letter is on the LRC website

This is not good. I was very new when the change in the standard came around and divided the labrador community. This is not going to help - bet anything judges will start wicketing dogs again. Why can't we just adopt the FCI standard? Love the fact that the current LRC board mostly does not breed labradors or breeds 'field' type and they are telling the labrador breeders what to do.

The interesting thing about this email that it arrived in my inbox *while* I was at Potomac. What timing our parent club has.

In addition, I did take offense to the way it was presented, with certain parts needing to be highlighted.

Seriously???

-Jill DiGesare

I don't understand why the entire Lab community has to be controlled by so few. Why can't we have an open vote to come up with a new standard?

Would you accept the FCI standard ?

I would - that standard reads what a lab SHOULD be - not a bunch of disqualifications! I believe that breeder judges won't change the way they judge. However, I'm afraid many all breed judges will be even more confused. Wickets here we come! and don't be surprised if 'skinny' is put up over type.

LOL Who wrote that letter? It reads like a ransom note.
Doesn't the LRC have anyone who passed 6th grade English who could draft a letter for them?
It needs a reference guide for how to assign importance: does a sentence in all caps get more emphasis than one underlined? What about italics? Bold type? Some combination of those? Sheesh.

And wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall when some of the experienced AKC judges open a letter counseling them to contact the LRC "judges education chair" for advice?

Thanks for all this other stuff but I am just trying to find out about this event. Do you know anything about it ?

I believe Dr. Kathy Sneider (Aquarius Labradors) would be able to give you information. Or contact Edie Castor - she's the show chair and her email is on the LRC site.

Thank you