Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
National

Where is the National being held?

Re: National

Frederick Maryland next April.

Will this letter have any effect on Judges? I would guess Breeder Judges will still pot up what they like and All-Breed Judges will put up what they like. All a letter like this does is show the divide in the breed. For myself, I like a more moderate dog, so this letter does not bother me much, but I am not a Judge.

The real national
Frederick Maryland next April.

I like the way you think.

chubby
Will this letter have any effect on Judges? I would guess Breeder Judges will still pot up what they like and All-Breed Judges will put up what they like. All a letter like this does is show the divide in the breed. For myself, I like a more moderate dog, so this letter does not bother me much, but I am not a Judge.

I'm not a judge either, but if I received a letter written like that I would feel somewhat insulted. The LRC could have said, "hey, you may see a lot of too short overdone dogs in the ring, but please we aware this is a trend we do not approve of." Instead they copy selected pieces of the standard with bold and underscored parts, which is pretty darn condescending. If I got a letter like that, I would toss it in the trash.