Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Dilute coat colors

shut up
Finally
..... we all have the same right to breed under the law

You think so? What about the law or rules for a purebred pedigree?

Glad to hear the LRC is moving forward on behalf of the breed.
I was skipping around my backyard with 3 Labs when I heard it A step in the right direction and about time. Thanks Jack.

Great news!! Good for LRC, Inc. finally taking a stand on this.

dilution
EXCITING NEWS:
http://thelabradorclub.com/subpages/show_detail_news.php?nid=1

I have not seen one silver that looked like a Lab. They are all mixed and if a dumb family want to pay way to much for an ugly mix pup then just let them. And we all have a great list of silver breeders and NO am not testing. I don't have a Wiem in my pedigree, so no wierd colors there. Such a sad sham. Who has made so much of this. Mean nothing to me. Just sad for poor pups and moms. Like those wild Doodle dogs. WILD, have never seen one of those nice and calm. Mixed dogs.

Responsibility
Yes, we all have rights. We also have a responsibility to be ethical and honest by not selling mutts as purebreds.

As far as the "no one size fits all" statement, a Labrador is a Labrador is a Labrador. If you want a silver dog, get a Weimaraner. If you want a Labrador, get a black, yellow, or chocolate one.

Fine if you don't care, but I do care about my favorite dog and have a right to uphold the integrity of the breed.

We certainly do have responsibilities as well as rights. As ethical breeders we have the responsibility to protect the integrity of the breed. Educating dilute breeders is one way to protect the breed. If that means they are offended by the fact that they have mixed breeds, then what of it? We are not causing problems by doing this, we are trying to protect and defend the breed we love. I disagree that we must accept dilutes as one poster stated. Don't let this thread go off topic. It is about having the dilute test done and then submitted to the OFA database in accordance with the LRC position.

This test will have to be done by the Vet and microchip verified by them with a blood test like the old Optigen tests. Maybe they will allow swabs. That was expensive back then! The Vets and testing facilities will be happy.

I don't know how dilute breeders could cheat on this test if it's done properly. The Vet or technician would have to lie.

The lines that are pure DD can be kept pure this way.