Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Judges Comments

Maybe we think we know what dogs will be put up by certain breeder judges because it just so happens that that's what that judge likes, not who that judge likes. If you've been in this sport long enough, you will definitely know who likes what. It stands to reason that maybe those who breed similar styles admire each others dogs and it's never a surprise when a judge happens to put up a dog that resembles what they may be breeding or a dog who has the qualities that the judge is trying to create in their own kennel. To my mind, it's only political when the judge doesn't have a clue and then looks at faces. But don't stay home. You'll never know how well you'll do, who else will be there, which dogs will be there and what the judge will have to choose from if you stay home. The only thing you'll definitely know is that your dog won't get looked at if you're not in the ring.

Re: Judges Comments

"But don't stay home. You'll never know how well you'll do, who else will be there, which dogs will be there and what the judge will have to choose from if you stay home. The only thing you'll definitely know is that your dog won't get looked at if you're not in the ring."

Mmm-hmm. The other thing you will definitely know is that you are not making points for the judge's friend for whom the fix is in.
The only way most of us can make a statement against the political judges is by withholding our entry dollars.
Sorry. At today's prices, I vote with my dollars and I am not going to waste my time and money on the outside chance that the judge's buddies who follow her from assignment to assignment aren't going to happen to show up this time.
Nice try, though.