Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Puppy Buyer Looking for Full Registration with ability to breed and show.

I have received several emails from a man asking about a puppy. I do NOT advertise, he was on my website which has no indication of an upcoming litter. I did tell him I bred a litter but don't accept deposits until the litter is on the ground. Now he emailed back after speaking to some reputable breeders apparently.

The most recent email states;

Are your puppies are sold on AKC Limited Registration with a Mandatory Spay/Neuter Agreement at 1 year of Age. I've seen several breeders that have this requirement. Of course, It doesn't make much sense to advertise AKC bloodlines and are not able to compete in conformation events or breed the male/female puppy purchased.

He has no idea what it takes to get a nice line going apparently and how many of us are cautious of the know it all that wants to breed to his neighbor's pet shop male or whoever they want to.

His name is Charley Keuscher. I explained why reputable breeders don't give full registration (even for an extra fee) and asked him what experience he personally had with Conformation and Breeding of any breed of dog. I am sure he won't respond, good riddance. He also sent a second email asking for a yellow girl puppy, not realizing he already emailed me. He's starting to sound desperate for Full Reg. so be careful.

I told him to find a mentor and begin that way in the breed, that no one reputable with healthy, well bred show dogs are going to sell him a puppy with Full Registration. I explained we are protecting our lines and future puppies from winding up in a shelter or worse.

Anyone else on the East Coast hear from him?

Re: Puppy Buyer Looking for Full Registration with ability to breed and show.

For the heads up. have not heard from him and hopefully others will not or will see your post and be informed.