Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
looking for an old bloodline my family had when I was a kid

Hi my name is Alex,
I am looking for a specific blood line lab. I will give you a bit of a back story going on 31 years ago a 4 year old boy watched his dad pick up their new dog at an airstrip on massett island. That dog stayed with the military family and had 3 litters of her own, on the farm in Ontario all three generations grew together with that little boy and his sister. No years later that little boy became a man and joined the military himself. During his career he wanted a dog but deployments at sea and in Afghanistan did not make for a stable home so he waited in turn finding a wife and having his own daughter. I am now retired from the military with a diagnosis of ptsd from some of the places I have been and sights I have seen. I am looking for the same kennel or breeders Amber (or her pedigree name pacific harvest/amber 2) her father was duke von schwarzenberg and mother was dolly. Would have picked her up early to mid 80s. If you are the breeder or perhaps know the breeder I am interested in finding a puppy from the same blood lines. thanks
Alex
croskeryalex@gmail.com

Re: looking for an old bloodline my family had when I was a kid

Alex Croskery
Hi my name is Alex,
I am looking for a specific blood line lab. I will give you a bit of a back story going on 31 years ago a 4 year old boy watched his dad pick up their new dog at an airstrip on massett island. That dog stayed with the military family and had 3 litters of her own, on the farm in Ontario all three generations grew together with that little boy and his sister. No years later that little boy became a man and joined the military himself. During his career he wanted a dog but deployments at sea and in Afghanistan did not make for a stable home so he waited in turn finding a wife and having his own daughter. I am now retired from the military with a diagnosis of ptsd from some of the places I have been and sights I have seen. I am looking for the same kennel or breeders Amber (or her pedigree name pacific harvest/amber 2) her father was duke von schwarzenberg and mother was dolly. Would have picked her up early to mid 80s. If you are the breeder or perhaps know the breeder I am interested in finding a puppy from the same blood lines. thanks
Alex
croskeryalex@gmail.com

Hi Alex,

I'm sure that even if you cannot find someone who has your original bloodlines, that you can still find a wonderful dog/puppy to share your life with. There is a dog with that name listed on the AKC site. You could get a copy of his pedigree and maybe that would help. There is nothing on the OFFA website though. it's a long time ago…I did find a Proud Chico Von Schwarzenberg and a Schwarzenberg Chicoson, and a CFC-CAFC Schwarzenberg's Lucky Dee CD, looks like owned by Dohmen, Alta. Also a CFC-CAFC Shwarzenbergs Radar on the OFFA website:
CFC-CAFC Shwarzenbergs Radar
Color: BLK
Whelp Date: 2/16/1991
Owner: Al McKean
Breeder: Ursula Dohmen

Registration No. Dog Name
SC381807 Duke Von Schwarzenberg
(Labrador Retriever)
Color: YELLOW
Sex/Whelp Date: Male / MAY-01-1974

Best of Luck to you….

Re: looking for an old bloodline my family had when I was a kid

Looks like a lot of those dogs have Sandylands Mark behind them. Mark can be found in a lot of pedigrees. Bet you can pretty much be guaranteed there will be a little of your old dog found in most of today's pedigrees.