Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cold Laser Therapy

Looking for feedback on your experience using Cold Laser Therapy treatment. What were you treating for, duration of treatment, relief of symptoms? Would you recommend?

Thanks.

Re: Cold Laser Therapy

Used it on a dog that had a soft tissue injury. Seemed to help quite a bit actually. I did two sessions.

I've had it used on one of my dogs for a strange growth on her paw. Did three treatments and the growth went away completely. Another dog with a ligament strain didn't even want to put weight on one front leg. After a massage and one laser treatment she was completely sound and showed at a specialty the following day.

Treatments were done by a friend who is also a certified canine massage therapist. She has used the laser on many of her clients dogs and has had great success for a whole variety of issues.

My brother has a couple bulging discs in his back and uses a laser on himself. He has had dramatic improvement to the point where he has been able to avoid surgery.

I'm completely convinced that the laser is a valuable tool, and am thinking of buying one myself.

The first time I ever used it was my horse vet used I to a lick granuloma on my dogs leg, not only did it heal up after one treatment but I was able to run him in a hunt test the next weekend.
I leased one to use on a surgical leg wound and avulsion fracture .
I purchased another and it's been indispensable . Usually only a few treatments are needed for a wound and I've observed great relief after one for joints. My MinPin has a bone spur on her elbow after just 2 treatments she's moving normally.
I've personally used it on my thumb , was able to avoid surgery for over a year plus used it after surgery , it healed so much faster than my other hand and much less nerve pain .

From what I was told by people doctors, cold laser is far superior to warm laser and is not covered by most insurance companies.

We were told it can be used on any soft tissue injuries, disk hernias and spots that have stenosis or spondylosis.

If the same applies to dogs, it sounds like the best of treatments out there. Office procedures for people run $65 to $150 per treatment, it might be less for dogs.

Treatment is suppose to be 2-3 times a week to be effective. 1 time a week doesn't work well.

I hope that helps some.

I just posted a somewhat lengthy response with my experience and a website of where recently bought a Class 3B laser. Evidently, it considered the web address SPAM, and wouldn't let it post. It also deleted all that I had written, and I don't have the time or energy to go though it all again.

I'll just say, cold laser is a great thing for people and animals. Search vetrolaser. It's the best deal I could find. I have no ties to the company and no interest in advertising; just passing along a strong recommendation.

MikeM

I saw one from a website "energyhealersteve" for $195 but wonder how it compares to the one MikeM has mentioned which looks to be at the low end package about $600. They seem to run into the thousands from there

I was curious to know how much folks that have purchased one have spent and what where the characteristics to look for when considering value.

I saw one from a website "energyhealersteve" for $195 but wonder how it compares to the one MikeM has mentioned which looks to be at the low end package about $600. They seem to run into the thousands from there

I was curious to know how much folks that have purchased one have spent and what where the characteristics to look for when considering value.

I would highly recommend cold laser treatments. My dogs have had it for a CCL injury (to support healing after surgery), interdigital cysts, and hip dysplasia. The laser treatment is part of ongoing treatment for my guy with HD. His routine includes acupuncture, underwater treadmill, laser and massage and stretching.
I think it was very effective for the interdigital cyst on the other dog.
My HD dog gets it weekly, generally speaking.