Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Reminder - TVD Research - blood samples from affected dogs and immediate relatives still needed!

Please participate if you have dogs so that we can hopefully discover the genetic basis of this disease and to develop genetic markers that could help eliminate the disease.

http://www.offa.org/pdf/TVDOwnerConsentForm.pdf

Re: Reminder - TVD Research - blood samples from affected dogs and immediate relatives still needed!

My understanding from U of Penn is that they are not going to be doing this study.

Re: Reminder - TVD Research - blood samples from affected dogs and immediate relatives still needed!

With whom did you speak or correspond about the TVD study? There was some confusion earlier this spring over Dr Meg Sleeper going back and forth to FL when I tried to donate blood from three Laylagrove Cavaliers still heart clear at ages 9 and 10 yr for the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel MVD study. (Cavaliers clear at those ages are relatively rare.) Both she and Dr Henthorn are pursuing that genetic research after all at Penn and I sent the Cavalier blood. The parent club for Cavaliers is funding more research. Is there funding needed for the Lab TVD study to go on? Please clarify. TIA.