Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Diskospondylitis

Thanks so much for you comments. I did get some feedback on antibiotic's interaction with Vitamin C and based on that, decided it was pretty complicated and risky to add anything more than what we are already doing.

We won't know for sure how things are going until we compare CAT scans in a few months but he seems to be doing well. He's jumped up on beds when given the opportunity, something he was not doing before. So, I think we're seeing some relief to the inflamation pinching the nerve running down his leg.

Re: Diskospondylitis

A good quality probiotic is beneficial when on an antibiotic. The key is to give it 2-3 hours away from the antibiotic (prevents the antib from killing it off). And then when antib. is finished to continue the probiotic for weeks or a month to keep putting good bacteria back into the system.

For instance when treating for Lyme with a month of antib. I continue with probiotic after antib. for at least a month.

No experience otherwise with what you are dealing with but prayers the treatment works for your boy.