Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
7 day old puppy Off-White stool, Weak, faint breathing

I currently have a 7 day old Golden Retriever puppy who is producing an off-white liquidy/pasty stool and is very weak, lethargic, and is breathing quite faint. Earlier in the day he seemed fine. He was a bit more vocal than the other pups, he would whine and growl-moan for some time but I didn't think anything of it; just thought he was being vocal. When I came home from work I noticed his behavior had changed and he is now acting weak and does not seem like he's doing very well at all. It's late at night here and don't have much that I can do till morning. He felt a little cold, so I placed him on a heating pad and filled some syringes with water in an attempt to get/keep him hydrated. He is a big puppy in comparison to some of the other ones and looks healthy, I do know that when he is touched in his chest region he yipes considerably and am wondering if the mother didn't step or roll over on him and did some damage internally. Please pray for my little guy I don't know what else I can do in the time being while I wait till morning. :(