Start a New Topic 
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Food allergies revisited
A friend has a dog (non lab) that she suspects may have a food allergy. She is on a chicken based food (with corn) now. Her vet suggested she switch to a different protein with no corn, and see if that helps. She asked me what I could recommend. I told her that I thi...
Views: 315   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 22, 2011 9:06pm
by mom of allergic ...
Supported Entries
This is just a gentle reminder that if you wish to combined the chance of getting at major at a small New England show- come to the Carroll County Kennel dog shows/obedience trials on September 10-11 in North Conway, NH. Also there is lots of tax free shopping. On...
Views: 233   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 22, 2011 8:51pm
by Jeanne M. Chares...
t
Tari
Elk Antlers
Anyone have a good source for bulk antlers. We have a couple of rescues that are hard chewers. So far these are a hit but cost me $22.00 for one 6 inch piece. Obviously worth their weight in gold if they stop the destructive chewing but they will probably leave wi...
Views: 373   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 22, 2011 12:28pm
by Deer Hunter
Parting too soon !
In having chocolates over the years I have seen and learned one thing that is good. The eyes that someone sees on a choc dog at 6 mos. is not the eyes they will see at a year and surely not what they will have at two years. Some are darker the whole time. Some change...
Views: 611   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 22, 2011 12:15pm
by BDR
Animal activist rallies showcase continued pressure on agriculture
August 18, 2011 Each summer, animal activists travel across the country to meet and discuss the latest topics of the animal rights movement. This year, animal agriculture was once again the focus. The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) hosted its annual T...
Views: 197   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 22, 2011 9:50am
by Another Heads up...
h
Help
Want to Build Majors in Rochester MN & Des Moines IA?
If anyone wants to help build majors in Des Moines IA shows...dates are Sept 10-11 onofrio is the super. If anyone is interested in the Rochester,MN shows. Dates are Sept 17th and 18th. Onofrio link is below. http://www.onofrio.com/execpgm/wbshwpg?SHOW=R...
Views: 722   Replies: 34
Last Post: Aug 22, 2011 9:37am
by Still Time
TPO Surgery
Does anyone know of a vet or orth vet that does TPO surgery in the Rochester, NY area? Thanks
Views: 181   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 22, 2011 9:08am
by Fil
Locusts
Any bug pros on the list? What is it about locusts that the dogs go nuts for them? They hear them, then hone in on where they are and the chase is on.... Even my papillons will chase one down and devour it.~ It can't just be the noise that makes them go after them...
Views: 363   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 22, 2011 9:02am
by Lab Breeder
LQ Stud Issue
Has anyone received their LQ stud issue yet?
Views: 714   Replies: 9
Last Post: Aug 21, 2011 8:52pm
by Labbylover19732
Help please: strangles
2 wk old litter born very healthy and bloomy and all always thriving. A quiet content litter. Birth weight more than doubled now. Today noticed one baby girl acting off and found her jaw and neck very hard and swollen! Felt all puppies and all fine. A few hours...
Views: 651   Replies: 17
Last Post: Aug 21, 2011 8:30pm
by little bit of ev...
HUGE Congrats
I just have to congratulate Wendy Gai for her back to back 5 point majors with her 15 month old girl Olivia (Trillium's I Know a Secret). Winning both days at the Reno shows from the Bred-By class. She needs 1 more point to finish. Way to go Wendy, you must be floating!
Views: 422   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 21, 2011 6:09pm
by cindy ellis
TOP Surgery
Does anyone know of a good vet that does TPO Surgery in the Rochester, NY area? Perhaps a University Vet School in that area that might do that surgery?
Views: 227   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 21, 2011 12:04pm
by Question!!
SVLRC counts
Just curious if anyone has the counts for SVLRC for the back to back specialty and also sweeps?? Looked on the superintendents website but didn't see it. Does she post it there or do you have to wait for conformation in the mail? TIA
Views: 330   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 21, 2011 10:10am
by Sheila Fruge
Baycox for Adult Dogs?
I have used Baycox for piglets on a litter of puppies and found it unbelievably effective For those of you who use it, have you used it with adult dogs? I found on the web that the dosage given by Dr. Kilmer from Bayer Canada of the 5% for dogs would be .18ml per po...
Views: 366   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 21, 2011 9:32am
by does this help?
cooling coats
Has anyone used the cooling coats made with chamois? I saw them at a show and thought they were a bit expensive. A friend uses one on her Boxer and likes it. Feedback from lab owners would be appreciated. This summer has been exceptionally hot. Thanks.
Views: 248   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 21, 2011 7:28am
by work'n dogs
Adoption
Does anyone have retired dogs that need placement in wonderful forever homes ? I have 3 families that have lost their dogs recently (2 due to old age and 1 to bone cancer) that would offer such homes. If you have anything available , please email me privately with de...
Views: 490   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 21, 2011 7:18am
by Gladys Rogers
List of Am/Eng Sh Champions?
Does anyone know of a list of Am/Eng Sh champions? Congratulations to Tom and Gail Shearer and Liz Martin on their bitch becoming the most recent dog to achieve both titles. Would love to see a list if there is one. Maybe Jill could add a list to one of her resour...
Views: 542   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 20, 2011 11:19pm
by Liz Martin
Huron River LRC Specialty - Catalog Ad Deadline 8/24/11
Hi All, Reminder .... HRLRC Catalog Deadline is this week - 8/24/2011. Cost is only $35 per page or get 2 facing pages for $60! Other sizes: $25 half page; $12 business card listing. Deadline for receipt of catalog ads is Wednesday, August 24th NO SETUP CHAR...
Views: 172   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 20, 2011 1:12pm
by Michelle@Infinit...
HOTELS FOR JERSEY SKYLANDS?
Would appreciate feedback on what hotels people are using for Jersey Skylands. I'm about three hours away, so don't want to drive back and forth. I'll probably only stay over on Thursday night. Of course I'll have dogs, but they can stay in the van. Lookin...
Views: 245   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 20, 2011 1:01pm
by Susan @ Weymouth
LRC Inc Catalog Ads
Hi All, Attached are the guidelines for submitting catalog ads for the national. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me! Specifically, please note - electronic ads should be submitted on disk or thumb (usb) drive! Thanks, Ruth LRC Nationa...
Views: 191   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 20, 2011 12:47pm
by Lab Breeder
Quality over time (open minded discussion)
I hear a lot of breeders say that their lines take longer to mature and their dogs do not look good at all until they are 3-4 years old. I wonder if lines that mature earlier are just plain better (with better bone structure)than the ones that need longer time to m...
Views: 987   Replies: 31
Last Post: Aug 20, 2011 9:49am
by great thread
Majors
A show makes a 3 pt major, JUST. But if one of the dogs is excused does the major still hold?
Views: 342   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 20, 2011 12:29am
by Labs2
field training
I am having trouble getting my girl to deliver to hand. Always ends up about a foot short and I am doing the "Junior Dive"! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! All advise is appreciated.
Views: 316   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 19, 2011 11:33pm
by Debbie Darche
Quality..
The subject of quality in Labs has risen in a few conversations I have had recently and it got me thinking...what does quality mean to you in a dog or bitch? I suspect this will differ with us all at certain points and thought it would be a neat topic to discuss....
Views: 469   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 19, 2011 10:14pm
by BBE
U-Ship for dogs?
I ran across this link this morning and am just wondering if anyone has ever heard of it: http://www.uship.com/pets As I understand this, freight transporters bid on shipping your pet in their trucks alongside boxes and other 'stuff'. People actually think thi...
Views: 407   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 19, 2011 9:20pm
by Cathy Montgomery
Age of puppy ACVO exam
What is the ages puppies can have an ACVO exam for folds? Youngest to oldest ages please. TIA.
Views: 210   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 19, 2011 9:05pm
by BDR2
2012 Specialties
Hey guys, I'm trying to plan my vacation time for spring of next year and I can't find any dates for Dallas or Potomac. Can anyone point me to the right place for that? The Specialty Calendar here only goes through Dec 2011. Based on previous years, I'm a...
Views: 261   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 19, 2011 5:32pm
by Lab Breeder
Supplement for pregnant bitches?
When do you start giving supplement for pregnant bitches? And what are you giving as supplement? I am thinking about giving her fresh veggies, boiled eggs... anything else?
Views: 460   Replies: 18
Last Post: Aug 19, 2011 1:04pm
by Hildur@Draumalan...
Mucus from a pregnant girl?
My girl is 6 weeks pregnant and I noticed today that her hair on her hocks/ "pants" where a bit sticky... I haven't noticed any discharge from her so it can't be much, but enough to get the hair on her back legs sticky... is this normal at this stage? TIA
Views: 330   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 19, 2011 10:39am
by Hildur@Draumalan...
s
Studs
Proving Your Stud
I have a young stud dog who is producing nicely. I would like to get opinions on which puppies are the best to keep to prove a stud. For example, if there is a very nice boy and a very nice girl which would you keep and show to intrigue the interest of other breeders...
Views: 522   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 19, 2011 10:17am
by Kay
New Champion for the history books!
I don't very often feel the need to brag on this forum but today I'm going to do so. Tom & Gail Shearer, Margaret,Andrew & Mairi Brown and myself are all on cloud 9! Today at the Bournemouth Canine Association show our "Windy" received her 3rd CC and was offi...
Views: 1199   Replies: 32
Last Post: Aug 19, 2011 7:44am
by Chablais
Wendy McNaughton
So many of you have been asking for information about Wendy's condition that I though it easier to post here. Wendy had surgery to remove a brain tumor at the Beth Israel Hospital in Boston late yesterday. She came through the surgery very well. She is in ICU an...
Views: 875   Replies: 10
Last Post: Aug 18, 2011 8:19pm
by Judy
Replacement judge
As many of you probably know, Wendy Mcnaughton has taken seriously ill. She has asked to be relieved of her judging assignment at our supported entries at our all breed show. Before you throw up your arms in despair and cancel your trip, know that at this very mo...
Views: 694   Replies: 8
Last Post: Aug 18, 2011 7:56pm
by Melody Losea
Wendy McNaughton update/address
Wendy is continuing to improve, sitting up & talking. If anyone would like to send a card, the hospital address is: Wendy McNaughton, #CC676 Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center 330 Brookline Avenue Boston, MA 02215
Views: 487   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 18, 2011 7:35pm
by Beth Henry
Jersey Skylands entry
Friday: 116 Retrievers (Labrador) 43-56(9-3)5 30 Retrievers (Labrador) SWEEPS 11-19(0-0)0 7 Retrievers (Labrador) Veteran Sweeps 3-4(0-0)0 Saturday: 115 Retrievers (Labrador) 40-57(10-3)5 29 Retrievers (Labrador) SWEEPS 10-19(0-0)0 7 Retriev...
Views: 254   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 18, 2011 5:13pm
by Breeder
Breed Judges
Is there someway to look up which judges own which breeds? I know of a few lab breeder that are lab judges. I am looking into entering shows on my own and was wondering what to look for and who to avoid. Any help would be great! TIA
Views: 469   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 18, 2011 11:58am
by Starting to pay ...
n
potomac
I was trying to find a list of all the dogs entered at the potomac 2011. I was able to find the winners but I want to look at all the dogs in each class. Can anyone give me a link. Thanks
Views: 532   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 17, 2011 9:53pm
by Yes you are :)
Diabetes in Dogs - BOOK?
Can anyone recommend a good read? TIA
Views: 164   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 17, 2011 9:03pm
by A good read...
Medic alert - Pet tags
Anyone recommend a good site to buy medic alert dog tags? TIA
Views: 229   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 17, 2011 5:44pm
by Shalane
WCI
It doesn't appear that the LRC in Oct is having a WCI. Are there any clubs around that are?
Views: 259   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 17, 2011 4:46pm
by breeder
m
me 2
Puppy passing urine in her sleep
Has anyone ever had this happen to an eight to nine week old puppy. The Vet said he thinks the spincter muscles aren't developed. This is a Lab and the other puppies aren't doing this.
Views: 393   Replies: 10
Last Post: Aug 17, 2011 3:38pm
by Julie E.
Epilepsy research - updated 8/17/11
I talked to the folks at the University of Missouri and we now have 28 sibling pairs. They have blood from 75 seizing dogs, but 47 are without siblings. Most of those loners came from one of the guide dog organizations. Jess stressed once again, that the more...
Views: 320   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 17, 2011 2:30pm
by Joan McInnis
Scupper and his jaw cancer
Hello all: I want to give all of our new friends an update on my boy, Scupper. As you know, he was diagnosed with a squamous cell tumor on his jaw about a month ago. My wife and I agonized over what to do: removal of a portion of his jaw, cryosurgery, or perhap...
Views: 461   Replies: 16
Last Post: Aug 17, 2011 12:29pm
by Patty/Snowco
j
JSLRC
2 Match Shows Aug 21st!
JSLRC Upcoming match shows! Just a reminder that our Specialty Match and Encore Match are coming up on Sunday, August 21st. We hope you can come out for a fun day and get some practice in with your puppies for our upcoming Specialty shows on Sept 2nd and 3rd....
Views: 264   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 17, 2011 12:12pm
by JSLRC
l
Linda
Ivermec ratio
What is the ratio of ivermectin injection 1 %. to proplylene glycol. For heart worm prevention? Thank you
Views: 417   Replies: 9
Last Post: Aug 16, 2011 10:09pm
by labbies
Jersey Skylands LRC Specialty 9/2 & 9/3 ENTRIES CLOSE TOMORROW 8/17!
Jersey Skylands LRC will be having our back-to-back Specialties on Friday & Saturday, Sept. 2nd & 3rd. We have a beautiful location held away from the All-Breed show with plenty of parking. Location: Sussex County Fairgrounds Plains Rd.,Augusta, New Jersey Enter...
Views: 249   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 16, 2011 10:00pm
by Donna Forte
Arkansas Kennel Club Labrador Retriever Show
Arkansas Kennel Club Labrador Retriever Show Congratulations to all the winners, there were a lot of nice dogs shown. The cookout was a blast everyone had a great time. Thanks to all the Arkansas Breeders that contributed to the food and breed prizes , no...
Views: 358   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 16, 2011 7:39pm
by Mike and Lenore ...
Yet another question on progesterone and AI
My friends bitch was 1.06ng on Friday and on Monday she was 9.7ng... we did AI today, and we are planning on doing another one tomorrow and on Wed... Shouldn't she be covered by than? TIA
Views: 340   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 16, 2011 3:00pm
by Yet another bree...
EIC Testing
Testing for EIC... Can it be done on pups as young as 4 weeks old? Would swabbing the mouth at that age be sufficient for the testing? No flames please, I'm just asking a question. Thanks
Views: 559   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 16, 2011 2:20pm
by Tracy
GPLRC Website
The GPLRC website is back up from a hiatus of being down for a few weeks, due to a lapse from transferring administration of the domain to my name. We have a Fall Hunt Test coming up Septmeber 3-5, and the dates and entry information are on the home page. Thank...
Views: 261   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 16, 2011 1:14pm
by Mary Ann Hart
Penn-hip vs. OFA
Just curious if a dog has an upper percentile on Penn-hip has anyone had them fail OFA? Would you breed a dog that has a high percentile yet has failed OFA (if that has happened)? Thanks!
Views: 656   Replies: 32
Last Post: Aug 16, 2011 9:48am
by Kate Fulkerson, ...
Alex Graff
I'm sure that many of you have already seen this email. It originally came from a Jennifer Heathcote and then came as the following email. Like I would send a puppy I did not interview. -----Original Message----- From: Jennifer Heathcote Subject: Re: L...
Views: 524   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 16, 2011 6:58am
by Breeder also
d
DebiR
So Little Rock Results for Sunday?
All I have heard is WB & BOB yesterday. Would like to know more on both days. Onofrio will post but in a few days....
Views: 357   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 15, 2011 11:55pm
by Stacey Green
m
Marsha
Microchipping puppies
What is the youngest age that is safe to microchip a puppy? I have heard that the earlier you implant a microchip the higher risk of chip migration? We are thinking of microchipping a litter at 7 weeks and our vet recommended that may be a little early as the large b...
Views: 380   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 15, 2011 9:41am
by MWK
Refusing temperature taking
She will not let me take temp! Due to whelp in 5 days. I do not want to get her too upset. What to do?
Views: 482   Replies: 12
Last Post: Aug 15, 2011 6:45am
by Breeder
too d*** hot!
Saw this link posted on another list serve and had to share. http://www.wimp.com/swimoutside/ It reminds me of a story of a Campbellcroft puppy who dragged the hose that was watering the garden into the house and filled up the sunken living room!
Views: 357   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 15, 2011 5:42am
by Melody Losea
Is this a MISMARK?
I have a 5 week old chocolate that appears to be structurally beautiful, great head, great bone, etc until we took the litter outside for the first time yesterday. There I noticed a patch on the puppies hip area about the size of a large postage stamp of very dark ch...
Views: 590   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 15, 2011 12:47am
by me 2
Handlers Again
Thought I would throw this question out here. My dog was with a handler and besides the dog doing nothing for the few months the handler had him, got 1 pt and charged mucho money. Then got my dog back in good condition, except, his tail looks like a Irish Setter, not...
Views: 807   Replies: 13
Last Post: Aug 14, 2011 10:31pm
by Agree
puppy resale
Hi; I have a question about guarantees. I gave a puppy to a breeder in lieu of the bitch's lease fee. The breeder has decided to sell the puppy now. Is the guarantee still covered by me, or the breeder that is now selling the puppy (pet home). Thanks!
Views: 568   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 14, 2011 9:24pm
by labbies
n
Chipped tooth
One of our keeper puppies is now 10 weeks old and 3-4 days ago he jumped up on the hutch and smacked his mouth off one of the metal knobs. When he walked away his mouth looked like it was locked open and he was fighting it so I went over and saw what was wrong, it ap...
Views: 302   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 14, 2011 12:47pm
by Newbie
First season/ age?
I am just wondering something. At what age is the oldest that you had a female have her first season? We have a 20 month old female here who has not had her first season. Her dam was 14 months old when she had her first season, her 2nd season was 12 months later. We...
Views: 478   Replies: 12
Last Post: Aug 14, 2011 9:04am
by Question
just info about 2000 recently rescued meat dogs in thailand...no fotos etc here
i had a face book message that recently 2000 dogs (dogs with collars as well, not that it makes any difference every dog is man´s best friend, but...) rescued from dinner table in thailand, THAILAND, on their way to vietmnam...900 were allready shipped prior to...
Views: 283   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 14, 2011 6:46am
by ritva juutilaine...
d
DebiR
Little Rock Results??
I keep checking here and Facebook!!
Views: 319   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 14, 2011 12:15am
by Leeda
s
Spots
How Much?
How much white on the chest of Chocolates and Blacks is too much for most of you?
Views: 379   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 13, 2011 10:26pm
by labs
Any one have experience with "Palladia" by Pfizer for mast cell tumor
Rose will be 13 in November. She had 3 Grade II mast cell tumors surgically removed during her 3 year old year. Because of locations, clean margins were not possible. She has done well all these years. Earlier this year she had one surgically removed form her fla...
Views: 453   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 13, 2011 9:25pm
by valwhalen
Supportedc entries
It is that time of year and apparently some of you who come have not received a premium-- YIKES Carroll County Kennel Club in No. Conway NH ( land of outlets with tax free shopping) will be holding its back to back shows/trials on September 10th and 11th. Pawcat...
Views: 268   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 13, 2011 9:06pm
by Jeanne Charest
Puppy Deposits
I am wondering what you all do for deposits on an upcoming litter? How much do you collect, in what form, and why? When do you collect/cash checks and why? Is your deposit refundable or not and your reasoning behind that? And are there any circumstances in w...
Views: 636   Replies: 19
Last Post: Aug 13, 2011 9:02pm
by Yes on Deposits ...
Anyone heard from Harrisburg PA today?
Labs were in at 8 and sadly it is RauDogs whose responsible for the results. TIA
Views: 525   Replies: 13
Last Post: Aug 13, 2011 7:56pm
by Not so much!
f
furry
Blowing coat
I have a nice young pup about 7 months of age. First lab that actually has a really nice coat. First time I ever had one start to blow so early though. Since he's young, I thought he's keep this coat for a while longer before blowing it. I am imagining it will...
Views: 320   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 13, 2011 5:57pm
by El
b
Bitten
Mosquito's in herds
My word, never have I seen Mosquitoes like this. They are swarming and thick. The recent heavy rains we had in July are the cause no doubt. It's as if we live in the rain forest. I have a net for my head but my poor dogs. I am using Skin So Soft by Avon which helps a...
Views: 398   Replies: 15
Last Post: Aug 13, 2011 2:24pm
by Good idea
NLR - Chessie question
Not sure if we have any Chessie knowledgable folks out there, but if so I have a question. 6 month old male Chessie that tires out in the heat very fast. My 2 1/2 year old lab runs circles around him. He gets tired fast and looks for a place to lay down and rest. Ye...
Views: 368   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 13, 2011 1:40pm
by Annmarie
Not eating well.
What do you do with a 7 mos. old female just not eating ? Just sits and looks at bowl sometimes. Just picked it up this morning and offered once more and still no. She is in air but very hot when out. But first thing in the morning when cool she does not eat. Help !
Views: 418   Replies: 10
Last Post: Aug 12, 2011 10:13pm
by picky Lab???
LRCLI First AKC Sanctioned B Match
Hi Everyone, Just want to let you know that the club received approval today to hold our first B Match. It will be Saturday, Sept. 17th., at the Suffolk County Farm in Yaphank, NY. It will be outdoors. We will have a Conformation double header and morning o...
Views: 225   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 12, 2011 6:42pm
by Michele McGroart...
LRCPV 2011 Health Clinic
Hi all, The 2011 Flyer for our Health Clinic is now available on our website, under the Upcoming Events page. We are offering: OFA, DNA, CERF, EIC, Cardiac (ausc and echo), Thyroid, Optigen, and Microchips. Questions? Email: welldogclinic@gmail.com http://www.lr...
Views: 342   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 12, 2011 4:41pm
by Annmarie
BALLSTON SPA NEW YORK
Greetings!!! Any results yet? Please and Thanks
Views: 430   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 12, 2011 4:04pm
by results
Mid-Jersey's Hunt Test -August 27 and 28 - Little Falls, NY
August 27 and 28 - Hunt Test Location: Grasse's "Secret Ponds" Farm, 273 Burrell Rd., Little Falls, NY Stakes: Double Junior, Double Senior, Master Enter at : www.entryexpress.net FMI: Jenny Grasse 908-246-2902, Event Chair; Cathy Zambito, Secy. 908-295-7843
Views: 410   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 12, 2011 1:14pm
by Susan @ Weymouth
Jersey Skylands LRC Specialty (9/2 & 9/3) Closing August 17th!
Jersey Skylands LRC will be having our back-to-back Specialties on Friday & Saturday, Sept. 2nd & 3rd. We have a beautiful location held away from the All-Breed show with plenty of parking. Location: Sussex County Fairgrounds Plains Rd.,Augusta, New Jersey Enter...
Views: 261   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 12, 2011 12:19pm
by Sharon Celentano...
Ballston Spa - Thursday results?
Inquiring minds want to know!
Views: 626   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 12, 2011 6:44am
by Jill
EIC spottings
How many have had a dog have an EIC episode and not a heat stroke during this very hot summer. How many have seen any dog anywhere have an episode of EIC--not heat exhaustion. We need to see some of these dogs falling over. Lets be honest and just see how many the...
Views: 1956   Replies: 76
Last Post: Aug 11, 2011 8:20pm
by JanisG
Anyone Know?
I can't find any judging history on Infodog for Judge Pierrette McLean. Can anyone suggest other sources to see what she's put up? Or know what she likes/dislikes?
Views: 392   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 11, 2011 6:35pm
by Michelle
OT: Lost Dog, Zionsville, IN, red and white Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
A P B - LOST BLENHEIM (Red and white) CAVALIER pup- ZIONSVILLE, IN Long red ears, long tail with white and patches of color Only with his new family for 1 week so does not know his name. He is only 6 months old, blenheim, approx 15 lbs and very very timid & scar...
Views: 301   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 11, 2011 4:26pm
by Charlotte K.
A Microchip happy ending
A great story about a dog and his family. http://www.detnews.com/article/20110811/METRO/108110420/Dog-missing-for-year-after-car-crash-heading-home-to-Michigan
Views: 296   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 11, 2011 4:24pm
by Charlotte K.
Anyone Know?
I can't find any judging history on Infodog or the AKC Judges Directory for Judge Pierrette McLean. Can anyone suggest other sources to see what she's put up? Or know what she likes/dislikes?
Views: 437   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 11, 2011 2:01pm
by Breeder
l
Lisa
Potomac 2012
Does anyone know the dates for 2012? Thank you.
Views: 544   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 11, 2011 1:52pm
by LRCP says...
NAIA November 12-13, 2011 Conference - Purebred Dogs: The Next Endangered Species? Harrisburg, PA
http://naiaonline.org/ found this this morning...thought it worth sharing.
Views: 258   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 11, 2011 1:44pm
by Midwest
Mosquitoes are ferocious in Michigan this summer!
This last round of hot weather and downpours of rain have made the mosquitoes horrendous in mid-Michigan. What products are people using to keep mosquitoes off your dogs? (they are on Frontline already, but that doesn't repel mosquitoes obviously)
Views: 256   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 11, 2011 11:45am
by CM
Ballston Spa
I know it's early but many of us are anxiously awaiting results!
Views: 502   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 11, 2011 8:06am
by Jan@Dunrobin
Line Breeding
Haven't had an opportunity to ask my mentors yet a line breeding question, so thought I'd throw it out here. Male I want to breed to is out of a brother of my girl's mom, is that too close? Main issue in line is EIC but my girl is clear. Is there a book or oth...
Views: 606   Replies: 15
Last Post: Aug 11, 2011 7:14am
by Learning
After Neopar
If you give Neopar at 4-5 weeks, what do you use as a booster? is there a Neopar puppy combo shot that includes distemper, hepatitis and parainfluenza? or you just use regular puppy shot.
Views: 355   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 11, 2011 12:32am
by Liz Martin
Puppies and Ivomec
What age to you start puppies on Ivomec?
Views: 319   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 10, 2011 6:24pm
by Breeder
stud collection/management
I have been in the breed less then 10 years so I am still learning. I am looking for the advice and wisdom of those who are more experienced then I. I have a young stud dog (under 16 months) that I have collected on several occasions. However unlike my older boy who...
Views: 385   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 10, 2011 5:30pm
by trying to learn
Where do people buy their dog collars??
I have been searching everywhere for the fabric rolled choke collars for my dogs. I have 2 already but cannot find any for the life of me! The only kind I can find are chain which is bad for their fur because it breaks it. Where does everyone find their collars???
Views: 381   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 10, 2011 1:27pm
by oh where oh wher...
Congratulations Carol Jones
Congratulations to Carol Jones of Oceanspray Labradors for finishing Chinook's championship! He is now Can CH Oceanspray Belgairn Chinook! Nook was bred by Carol Jones, sired by CH Beechcroft's Study In Black out of Belgairn Dream Baby. Thank you, Carol!
Views: 429   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 10, 2011 1:26am
by Colebear
AKC Weekly Winners Gallery
Have any of you used the AKC Weekly Winners Gallery? They seem to do a really nice job. I never noticed it before. http://www.akc.org/events/conformation/weekly_wins/gallery.cfm http://images.akc.org/press/weekly_wins_gallery.pdf The photography and...
Views: 322   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 9, 2011 8:31pm
by Subscriber since...
b
BBE
Crossfield's Cobham
I am trying to find a picture of CH Crossfield's Cobham. Anyone know of a resource, link or who to contact? TIA!
Views: 798   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 9, 2011 8:26pm
by V. Saalman
need help/advice on dog
I have a 20 month old female Lab that has recently had 3, not close together spells of not being able to get up. I find her in the yard, on her side, thrashing to get up. Her head and chest are up, eyes not dialated, some saliva on lower jaw only. Once she is up, sh...
Views: 677   Replies: 14
Last Post: Aug 9, 2011 4:16pm
by Robin
Huron River LRC - Specialty - Catalog Ads Deadline 8/24/11
Be a Part of History!! Here‛s your chance to show off! Brag about your latest leg, recent title, big win, couch potato or yard ornament,in a breed publication that attendees keep on hand for years. Cost is only $35 per page or get 2 facing pages for $60! O...
Views: 180   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 9, 2011 2:24pm
by Michelle@Infinit...
What is the procedure?
Showing my dog in conformation this weekend. She injured a front tooth which had to be removed a few months ago. I have a vet statement verifying same. Not cosmetic and the tooth could not be saved. What do I do with the statement? I know I can't give it to the judg...
Views: 333   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 9, 2011 2:19pm
by Tooth question
Elbow Dysplasia guarantee
After serious consideration, I've decided to remove ED from my guarantee. I've had 3 cases in the last 10 years, and the 3 of them have been from multiple Lab's homes. They've always said in their first e-mail that Fido is limping, but it is probably nothing, just an...
Views: 537   Replies: 10
Last Post: Aug 9, 2011 12:22pm
by Breeder Op
PSLRA sat/sun?
PSLRA results sat/sun?
Views: 367   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 9, 2011 12:00pm
by Pinkie
Show attire
Preparing for my first show in October, and was curious as to what attire is appropriate to wear? Is a casual shirt underneath a vest proper or is it a must to wear a suit and tie? Also, which colors should I wear while showing a yellow dog? TIA!
Views: 537   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 9, 2011 10:31am
by Experienced Bare...
?
???
Specialty in Newfoundland
Does anyone have the results from the Specialty Show in Newfoundland? Where do we find them?
Views: 222   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 9, 2011 10:10am
by Kim/Pirate
At what age do you all start vaccinating puppies. I have always started at 7 weeks with the puppy combo. I am hearing more and more folks start at 6. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks!
Views: 295   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 9, 2011 3:46am
by new protocol
conflict or okay?
Is it okay to show a dog you own to a sweeps judge that you co own other dogs with?????
Views: 870   Replies: 11
Last Post: Aug 8, 2011 9:20pm
by Keep in mind
Doggy Conga Line!
I thought that this was pretty funny! I think it's a lab in the conga line! I know I needed a smile about now. If you've seen it...sorry! http://video.aol.com/video/cutewinfail-pets-doggy-disco/1538403388?icid=BTFimage2_main5-video
Views: 311   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 8, 2011 5:42pm
by NewbieABC
Nasal hyperkeratosis
At what age can you tell if your pup has nasal hyperkeratosis? Wha is the youngest that anyone has seen signs?
Views: 365   Replies: 8
Last Post: Aug 8, 2011 4:06pm
by ??????
Help with blind dog
I have a 12 year old bitch that developed a cataract in one eye about 2 years ago. From start to finish the cataract took about 2 weeks to fully mature. In the past month, she had developed another one in the other eye and is now blind - she also has glacouma (sp?) Y...
Views: 345   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 7, 2011 10:40pm
by Betsy
Salem, VA results???
Please post results when available.
Views: 603   Replies: 19
Last Post: Aug 7, 2011 4:29pm
by Interested too!
Heart and/or Seizures
I know the heart problems are out there. I hear of offsprings and would not touch certain dogs. My question is does heart problems in Labs seem to skip one generation, two or still there to pop up later ? I know it is hard when a stud can have pups or not with a pro...
Views: 355   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 7, 2011 11:47am
by Not quite
Age to Neuter/Spay
I didn't want to hijack the dysplasia thread but what are breeders recommending regarding age to neuter or spay their pet puppies? I think 6 months is early.
Views: 485   Replies: 9
Last Post: Aug 7, 2011 11:09am
by Ellie
a
Anon
After Care for ACL Surgery
Hello, I recently had to have surgery on a dog with a complete cruciate ligament tear. What recommendations can you give me for supplements? Also, how long would you do crate rest? The dog is placing weight on all four legs with the morning being the hardest as fa...
Views: 400   Replies: 10
Last Post: Aug 6, 2011 10:29pm
by Excellent inform...
Canfield Winners for Saturday!
Just got off the phone. Breed is going in the ring now. But, here are the Winners from the regular classes so far: WD: MORGAN'S HARVEST RESERVE. SR 63130001. 04-24-10 By Ch Windfall's New England Patriot - Ambleside Dilys. Owner: Sally Cockey., West Union, WV...
Views: 590   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 6, 2011 1:51pm
by Mary Ann Hart
Lab turned completely grey in just 8 weeks
HAS ANYONE SEEN THIS BEFORE? I would appreciate any feedback. Please follow link and look at pics. http://www.cygnet-labs.com/folklaur/Riley.htm This graying happened just 6 months after the first picture. I received this from a pet puppy buyer: "Our friend...
Views: 1203   Replies: 16
Last Post: Aug 6, 2011 11:21am
by Laura Dedering
PSLRA
Want to wish all who are at PSLRA Specialty- Good Luck to all, wish I could be there and keep us posted!
Views: 404   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 5, 2011 10:46pm
by Results
Facebook for clubs
As an offshoot of the recent thread about facebook, what do readers think about the +/- of a Lab club setting up a facebook page? It's a subject that's come up with my club (Miami Valley), and one I've asked a few people about recently. If the club maintains an up-...
Views: 497   Replies: 8
Last Post: Aug 5, 2011 5:33pm
by labbies
Non Regular Classes
Can you just enter a non-regular class (hunting retriever) or does it need to be in addition to a regular class? TIA!
Views: 224   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 5, 2011 3:10pm
by Susan ~ Fenwyck
m
me
Disappointed by EIC results
Remind me that a nice dog will still be considered for stud even with a Carrier result. I guess it's a blessing he didn't end up a CNM carrier too.
Views: 803   Replies: 28
Last Post: Aug 5, 2011 2:45pm
by huh?
p
Pete
order of classes at shows
I found this on the AKC site in the rules and regulations for dog shows. My question is, do the classes always go in this order at AKC sanctioned shows? (My puppy grew up and I'm still new at this.) SECTION 3. The regular classes of The American Kennel Club shall...
Views: 419   Replies: 8
Last Post: Aug 5, 2011 2:28pm
by Breeder
Canfield
Anybody knows who won in Canfield today? Thanks!
Views: 555   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 5, 2011 1:36pm
by Friday results
new england stud dogs
new to the area and looking for suggestions for stud dogs in New England. Really appreciate any information you can give. private message or email me. thanks!
Views: 652   Replies: 11
Last Post: Aug 5, 2011 1:20pm
by N. E. LABS
Missing dogs....more like stolen dogs.
the truth that surrounded missing Cam few weeks ago is so much deeper. Three men (if you can call them that) had a racquet of stealing dogs and waiting for a reward or selling them on craigslist or facebook. Sheri-lyn and Scott pressed charges and there was mo...
Views: 519   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 5, 2011 11:50am
by Marjorie
Facebook
Does everyone love FB? I must confess it is addictive and I think it's probably great for many breeders who are in outlaying rural areas and feel out of touch with friends. But the endless competitive brags and mundane reporting on everyday things is a bore. O...
Views: 1540   Replies: 56
Last Post: Aug 5, 2011 9:46am
by my bitch
dysplasia in six month old
Puppy buyer says vet did x rays prior to spay. States "her surgery went well and she is fully recovered . However we did find that she has mild hip displacia , my vet did xray prior to surgery and it clearly shows displacia . i was advised that she will not be able...
Views: 575   Replies: 14
Last Post: Aug 5, 2011 7:59am
by CONCERNING WRITT...
s
seeker
FCP? Puppy family (long)
I need some advice on handling a matter concerning a puppy family who purchased a puppy from me early last winter. This family was sent to me by a mutual friend, that is a closer friend to them than me. A few days ago the friend emailed me asking if the family had...
Views: 747   Replies: 16
Last Post: Aug 5, 2011 3:30am
by Seeker
How often should I breed?
My bitch prog.# where 0.54 ng last Tue July 5th. On Thursday July 7th she was 4.0 ng. I bred her yesterday (side by side AI) and also today and will probably do it again on Monday. The reason I have been doing it every day is that I have only been able to get very l...
Views: 841   Replies: 34
Last Post: Aug 4, 2011 4:15pm
by Definitely NOT a...
Hip question for International Breeders
Hi, Just wondering if anyone overseas is having Pennhip eval's done? And what your thoughts are. TIA
Views: 221   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 4, 2011 10:38pm
by Breeder
Cancer of the jaw
Hello all: The breeder of my wonderful 8 yr old yellow lab recommended that I post a message on this forum in order to gain some insight into the ramifications of a surgical procedure that has been recommended by our vet. About 4 weeks ago, my wife noticed...
Views: 593   Replies: 22
Last Post: Aug 4, 2011 7:58pm
by Melody Losea
What is the age ED shows up in Labs?
Can you have a 13 month old with previous sound movement and no issues have ED? Youngster plays rough , always has and was playing 2 days ago and I heard a yelp. Not sure who it was as he is kenneled with other Labs. Today slight limp rt front... Leg is weight...
Views: 370   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 4, 2011 6:07pm
by Lab Breeder
Dark blood 2 weeks after breeding
I am concerned about my girl. She was bred 2 weeks ago and today I noticed she is having a dark bloody discharge. It does have a weird odor. She does not have a fever. She is eating and acting normal. I have a call into my vet but while waiting I thought I would ask...
Views: 266   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 4, 2011 5:58pm
by Implantation
b
Bald
Stud Dog Tail
I need some recommendations on what I think might be stud tail on one of my boys. For awhile I thought he was rubbing his fur off because he insisted in napping in a small crate. So the crate was removed over a year ago. Lately the spot has gone SO bald that I...
Views: 498   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 4, 2011 1:57pm
by Bald
Sandra Lex
Does anyone have any experience with this judge and what she might like? dislike? TIA!
Views: 660   Replies: 8
Last Post: Aug 3, 2011 8:00pm
by I like her!
Shawnee Mission LRC JUDGING CHANGE
In accordance with Chapter 7, Section 8 of the Rules Applying to Dog Shows, the following change has been made to the September 25, 2011 Judging Panel: All Regular/Non-Regular & Intersex: Mrs. Susan Willumsen If you have any questions please don't hesitate to...
Views: 458   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 3, 2011 5:42pm
by Michelle Lewis
Pregnant?
We bred our bitch about 3.5 weeks ago. We have been in a vacation with our girls and this bitch has been very much unlike her self. Very very calm, sleeps allot, and she just thrives for cuddle and hug and kisses... she has never been like this before and people who...
Views: 472   Replies: 10
Last Post: Aug 3, 2011 5:12pm
by Hildur@Draumalan...
Jersey Skylands LRC Specialties Sept. 2 & Sept. 3 2011
Views: 269   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 3, 2011 4:49pm
by Sharon Celentano...
What kind of puppy is this in the video
Pups are very cute! Very cute video! http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/03/puppy-vs-ducks-video_n_917063.html
Views: 447   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 3, 2011 2:32pm
by NewbieABC
Symposium
http://www.ivis.org/newsletter/archives/aug11/aug0311iscfr.htm
Views: 217   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 3, 2011 1:12pm
by Oldtimer
Canadian National & Regional Specialties & NEW CHAMPION brags
I am pleased to announce that Hampton Labradors has a NEW CHAMPION...Hiflight Hampton's Daisy is now a Canadian Champion finishing at the Ontario Regional Specialty under well respected breeder judge Lisa Weiss!!! She went in style, going BOW and Best Veteran in Spe...
Views: 418   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 3, 2011 11:24am
by El
Puppy with hock over angulation
This is a new one for me. I have a 6 weeks old Lab puppy with German shepherd like rear legs. He is kind of lazy and one of the biggest puppies at 9 pounds. He almost plants his whole feet (Hocks) when standing but not all the time. No clacks and no pain. He runs...
Views: 441   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 2, 2011 10:02pm
by Lab Mom
New MH
Jake (Linamia Thanks forthe Memories CD RE SH finished his Master Hunter title today, owner handled and without handling on a mark. Jake has had minimal training this year because of injuries to him and to his trainer. He titled in five straight tests and also ear...
Views: 544   Replies: 19
Last Post: Aug 2, 2011 8:56pm
by Leslie@Gorsebroo...
Laryngeal Paralysis?
I have a young male Lab who is almost 3 years old. He's always been a heavy panter and if he continues to exercise, he'll develop a "harky" sound to the pant. He's a pretty energetic boy and at times appears to develop anxiety. This is always been fairly normal fo...
Views: 407   Replies: 10
Last Post: Aug 2, 2011 6:12pm
by Breeder 2
c
Cindy
broken K-9 puppy tooth
I sold a puppy to a family and was just notified that the puppy 13 weeks broke an upper K9 tooth. The vet said it should be removed so that an infection doesn't get in there.. The puppy family is leary of putting a puppy under anesthesia at such a young age (I agree)...
Views: 325   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 2, 2011 5:32pm
by peggy Stevens
Waukesha results please?
If anyone has results from Waukesha today could you please post them? Thank you!
Views: 376   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 2, 2011 5:27pm
by peggy Stevens
I have a nursing mom that is very itchy..
Is there anything I can do or give to help my bitch that is nursing and very very itchy ?? I feel so sorry for her..
Views: 410   Replies: 11
Last Post: Aug 2, 2011 3:12pm
by Worried
Anyone from Skylands club coming to Harrisburg shows?
If anyone from the Jersey-Skylands club is coming to the Harrisburg shows that would be willing to carry back raffle items for their specialty please contact us? Traci and Ellie Stintzcum
Views: 275   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 2, 2011 1:25pm
by Traci Stintzcum
I am pleased to announce
A new U-OCH! (UKC OTCH) My sweet little Kodi earned her U-OCH yesterday, my very first Obedience Championship! Done in relative style, and in just one year of limited competition (4 weekends of competition), 3 HC's and 2 HIT Kodi has made me very proud! NOW, Ko...
Views: 714   Replies: 16
Last Post: Aug 1, 2011 10:26pm
by BBI Labs
Puppy on Payments (Need to reclaim)
I sold a puppy to a man. He had a daughter who also wanted a littermate. As it was the man's daughter I agreed to sell her a puppy on payments at reduced cost. Two of the cheques have bounced. The dog is registered in my name. I was going to transfer the pup whe...
Views: 790   Replies: 20
Last Post: Aug 1, 2011 1:22pm
by Lesson learned
Ivomec
Do you pour on Ivomec or give it orally?
Views: 434   Replies: 16
Last Post: Aug 1, 2011 10:51am
by Ivomec Use
Greg Keller, D.V.M., Webinar 8/7
This might be interesting: Greg Keller, D.V.M., M.S. "The Orthopedic Foundation for Animals Databases & an Introduction to Canine Genetics" LIVE WEBINAR® BRING A FRIEND SPECIAL OFFER! Sunday, August 7, 2011 4:00-5:30 PM PDT; 6:00-7:30 PM CDT;7:...
Views: 350   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 1, 2011 9:49am
by Seminar
LRCTC closes Aug 10
Just a reminder that the LRC of the Twin Cities Specialty closes August 10th. This years judges are: Mrs. Gail Shearer - all conformation classes Dr. Karen Helmers - all sweeps classes Sat supported entry - Michael Faulkner Sun supported entry -...
Views: 192   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 31, 2011 8:38pm
by Midwest
n
New
JR handlers
I was wondering if anyone could could explain how the JR handlers work. We let my daughter keep her own pup out of our last litter. We plan in the near future when the pup is old enough to let my daughter show her. I have been told by a breeder that the dog can't acq...
Views: 251   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 31, 2011 7:26pm
by Breeder
Greenville, SC shows
Any news about todays results? TIA
Views: 380   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 31, 2011 5:39pm
by Sunday Results
First Time Attending Canfield Show
Going to the Steel Valley Cluster Show in Canfield for the first time. Any tips on how to keep my two guys cool since it is the first week in Aug? Have only been to shows close to home where I went and then headed home. This time I will be staying at a hotel close...
Views: 584   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jul 31, 2011 2:53pm
by Breeder
Hunt Test Training
I woke up this morning to find a picture on FB of a beautiful dog, retrieving a LIVE bird (who was zip-tied)! and still alive. I realize I am very new to hunt test training, only just putting the WC on my first dog last month, but my husband and son are avid sports...
Views: 776   Replies: 28
Last Post: Jul 31, 2011 1:21pm
by windycanyon
For Cat People - Purina ONE Vibrant Maturity 7+ Dry Cat Food Recall
Contact: Consumer: Nestlé Purina PetCare Office of Consumer Affairs: 1-800-982-6559 Media: Keith Schopp 314-982-2577 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - July 29, 2011 - Nestlé Purina PetCare Company (NPPC) is voluntarily recalling a limited number...
Views: 198   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 31, 2011 10:07am
by Marjorie
j
Jill
Oh Canada
Ok, so here we are, my friend Heidi and I, up somewhere in the bowels of Canada to attend the Canadian National . Trip starts out at 5:19, by 6 pm Jack had already pooped in his crate. We had to pull over in one of the very worst parts of Buffalo to clean up Jack and...
Views: 723   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 31, 2011 9:03am
by Linda@Staghorn
Canadian National results - Anyone??
Anyone have any results from the Canadian National today? TIA!
Views: 321   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 30, 2011 9:45pm
by Susan
Singleton Litter Symptoms ??
I'm not sure but we have what I suspect could be a dam who could be carrying a singlton pup. This would be our first accidental breeding if she is pregnant. About 2 weeks ago, our girl stopped eating her breakfast at her usual time. I didn't think much about it as I...
Views: 570   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 30, 2011 8:01pm
by Breeder of singl...
Pawcatuck River LRC September Specialties
September 22 and 23 in North Stonington, CT The premium is available online at http://www.raudogshows.com/html/upcoming-shows.html Of special interest on Thursday is the Big Green Pizza Truck dinner, made-to-order wood fired pizza, and a presentation by Marion Ho...
Views: 229   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 30, 2011 3:08pm
by Kathy Cipriani
Want to be a Star??
Got this e-mail today. Good Day, My name is Quinn Fegan, I'm a Casting Director with True Entertainment, a television production company based in New York City. I came across your information and wanted to reach out with an extremely unique and exciting oppo...
Views: 628   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 30, 2011 2:47pm
by Martha Stewart
d
DebiR
Thought for the day
You have the choice to be offended!
Views: 750   Replies: 30
Last Post: Jul 30, 2011 1:29pm
by Groucho
Kennel question
Would love to see pictures of folks' kennels. I am in the process of building mine. It's framed in nd roofed over. Looking for ideas and do's and don'ts. Thanks.
Views: 342   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 29, 2011 10:25pm
by sampsonlabs
Curious about Canadian terminology
I was just looking at the EOLBA results and noticed the CKC apparently doesn't use the words "dog" for a male, and "bitch" for a female - they simply use "male" and "female". Has it always been that way? Was it changed for PC reasons if not? Just sounds weird as I...
Views: 285   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 29, 2011 6:22pm
by Leslie K.
hot weather
Starting a new thread on stud dogs, semen quality issues to with HOT /HIGH temps
Views: 515   Replies: 18
Last Post: Jul 29, 2011 3:27pm
by Boxers or Briefs...
need stud that produces small
Looking for a stud dog that produces short back and legs...know it might sound odd but my bitch is at the very top of size on body and doggie head. She is clear on all genetics so all males suggested would be grateful...very hard to look at just pics...with economy...
Views: 938   Replies: 17
Last Post: Jul 29, 2011 11:36am
by Stud Owner
g
Galen
Rock vs. hard place
It seems that sooner or later in every discussion about selecting to avoid problems in breeding, some group brings up the either/or argument. It looks something like this: I would rather breed/have/show a dog with missing teeth/EIC/PRA/etc. than one with a poor tem...
Views: 1046   Replies: 35
Last Post: Jul 29, 2011 11:08am
by Breeding Respons...
Update on Ginger Kinlaw's recovery
I wanted to give everyone an update on Ginger’s progress. Some of you may not know she has had three prior run ins with cancer and has overcome them all (breast, bone & liver). That was almost 15 years ago. She now has a bone marrow disorder that, untreated,...
Views: 507   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 29, 2011 8:13am
by Marion
Dobe teeth: a cautionary tale for Labs?
A great deal of my concern about breeding Labs who have missing teeth has come from my friendship with a Dobe breeder. She has shared a lot of her heartache about producing Dobes both with missing and with extra teeth. My friend has described to me a dog who was mi...
Views: 999   Replies: 39
Last Post: Jul 29, 2011 3:21am
by breeder181
Kennel question
Would love to see pictures of folks' kennels. I am in the process of building mine. It's framed in nd roofed over. Lokking for ideas and do's and don'ts. Thanks.
Views: 193   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 29, 2011 2:25am
by Lynette
OK ... Who threw me into the oven?!?!?!
Can someone please turn off the oven!!! I feel like I am a cake in the oven or a woman who is in menopause. I am puffy all over! I hope you all are surviving this incredible heat wave back here in the East; well really throughout the country. I envy those with...
Views: 1165   Replies: 44
Last Post: Jul 28, 2011 4:05pm
by Breeder 2.0
At what age do those of you in areas that are lepto suseptible do your lepto vaccinations on a litter going to their homes at 9 weeks? Do you use a combination vaccine or give the lepto separately? TIA for your comments.
Views: 439   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 28, 2011 11:39am
by Lepto & vaccines...
E.O.L.B.A. Thanks
Greetings from a much cooler Ontario Canada! First and foremost I’d like to thank everyone who entered our show this past weekend. Thank you for your entry. Congratulations to all! Full results and critiques will be added to our club website in the near...
Views: 407   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 27, 2011 9:24pm
by Joanne Fernall
missing senior lab
a 9 yr old chocolate, female Labrador went missing July 18th from Sunset Beach, FL, near Gulf port, St Pete area. It is believe her and a second lab were taken out of the yard. The other lab was found wandering the streets 10 miles away the next morning. I kno...
Views: 781   Replies: 18
Last Post: Jul 27, 2011 9:16pm
by sampsonlabs
Progesterone rise >5ng
I've been told that once a bitch hits 5ng, she *normally* will rise 4-5 ng per day. For those who have done implants where the vet is targeting a higher number (14-17 or whatever), is this what you've seen? I have a friend w/ a golden (almost 6 yo) who is very d...
Views: 1119   Replies: 26
Last Post: Jul 27, 2011 11:20am
by windycanyon
JH Training
Anyone belong to a club in Houston that does JH training? I'd like to train myself. I'm going to call the different clubs but thought I'd post anyway. email attached Thanks
Views: 357   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 27, 2011 9:24am
by NewbieABC
Warning about blue green algae during drought and extreme heat......
This message came from the state in my area... The issue reported by the cattle network below references the excellent resources of the Kansas Department of Health and Environment and are discussed below and at http://www.cattlenetwork.com/cattle-news/latest/Lives...
Views: 373   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 26, 2011 11:26pm
by Breeder
Shipping boxes in heat.
Which box are you using for shipping in this extreme heat ? Don't want to go back to the "big" box. But do want to breed.
Views: 484   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jul 26, 2011 9:57pm
by Xperienced
s
Sarah
hunting brag follow up :-)
I just wanted to follow up with some great news about out old gal. At the ripe age of 11 years 3 months she passed her JH in two weekends of trialing! To top it all off she did her final run without me around at all (anniversary trumped the trial...) and had a hand...
Views: 346   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 26, 2011 6:24pm
by Leslee Pope
m
MWK
Anyone use radiant heat in your kennels?
Wondering if anyone has used radiant floor heat in a kennel building and what you think about it? I have heard the dogs get too hot and it can dry out their coats, but I wonder if this was dogs directly on the floor (mat) rather than a raised bed? Contemplatintg...
Views: 289   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 26, 2011 4:04pm
by Hippie
New mother can't keep weight on
I have a girl, who before being bred, was a hefty solid girl with a great double coat and very healthy - actually often considered "heavy" by some. She's since had a litter (almost a year ago) and has not been the same since.... Her coat never really came back and I...
Views: 282   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 26, 2011 2:45pm
by Hildur@Draumalan...
ban the sale of pets bred in ‘mills.
On June 8, the L.A. City Council voted unanimously to ban the sale of pets bred in ‘mills.’ The legislation included the results of a 2010 survey that showed many of the retail stores in L.A. were selling mill-bred live animals. It is now up to the L.A...
Views: 862   Replies: 42
Last Post: Jul 26, 2011 9:23am
by just me
Cool ,..... but not too Cool
We in the south battle the heat almost every year. Winter not a problem , Water just freezes a few days . our plan 1) Good shade the kind where grass will not grow... 2) Fresh , cool drinking water available all the time. 3) livestock tanks or pools w...
Views: 477   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 26, 2011 9:07am
by Jan
probiotics
Could someone tell me the dosage for dogs for the probios from tractor supply in the tube for cattle? I haven't used it in many years and forgot the breakdown for dogs. Thanks
Views: 317   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 26, 2011 1:08am
by believe in it
Stud dog owner question
Stud owners, If you have a bitch owner who has contacted you and is planning 2-3 months in advance of wanting to breed to your boy, do you agree and confirm to a breeding with the bitch and breeder that far scheduled out or do you wait until it is closer to the br...
Views: 504   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 26, 2011 12:41am
by boys not home
Half Sibling Breeding
I bought a bitch from another breeder. A few months ago she had an oops breeding between her bitch and her stud dog, who happens to be a 1/2 sibling to the bitch. The pups were gorgeous, and they are growing up beautiful. By the time my bitch, a littersister to he...
Views: 632   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 25, 2011 11:09pm
by Labs2
Big boy - little girl
Absolutely everything looks perfect about this breeding. Beautiful typey dogs. Great clearances. Perfect pedigree combination. Fabulous temperaments. Just one concern. She is really small - at the bottom end of the standard if that. He is really big -...
Views: 576   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jul 25, 2011 9:10pm
by BBE
e
exp.
limp from injury
My 4 year old was body slammed by one of the other dogs and has been limping after getting up from rest for at 3 weeks. Took her to the vet a week ago-the exam showed it was probably traumatic injury-she was put on rest and Rimadyl. She was no better after the week...
Views: 327   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 25, 2011 7:17pm
by midwest
Long-term flea preventatives us- dangerous
I received this question from a friend. I couldn't help her much; neither of us live in areas where fleas and ticks are enough of a problem to require preventatives. (My one and only flea infestation occurred at least 20 years ago.) What do those of you who have t...
Views: 448   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 25, 2011 3:56pm
by MWK
Canadian National results?
Anyone have results from the shows up in Canada this past weekend?
Views: 279   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 25, 2011 1:25pm
by National is this...
?'s on Dual Breeding registration
If you have done a dual breeding and have had the puppies DNA profile done by someone other than AKC, do you still have to redo the puppies DNA through AKC to be able to register the litters as dual sired? Another ? if I may??? What if the female is yellow and th...
Views: 592   Replies: 22
Last Post: Jul 25, 2011 12:31pm
by Furrball
Arkansas Shows
Entries close Wed Jul 27 ARKANSAS KENNEL CLUB August 13 Judge Lori Bentine & August 14, 2011 Judge Linda Bernarski Air Conditioned Buildings http://www.onofrio.com/execpgm/wbshwpg?SHOW=ARKA144714
Views: 237   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 25, 2011 10:11am
by Mike Hamilton
d
Drew
Cerf Results
I was wondering what "TESTED: 11" for cerf results means as I've never seen it on ofa until yesterday. TIA Drew
Views: 568   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jul 24, 2011 9:30pm
by Ellie
Sad News - Judy Trevino
I am very sad to report that long-time Labrador Lover and Exhibitor, Judy Trevino of MI, passed away this morning from Ovarian Cancer. I believe Judy was a founding member of Huron River Lab Club. Judy adored her dogs, they were her family, and the last 5 years, sh...
Views: 831   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 24, 2011 3:55pm
by Further Informat...
Views: 259   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 24, 2011 3:43pm
by debby everett
Neopar Parvo Vaccine
I recently read that some breeders are giving the Neopar parvo only vaccine to puppies at 4 weeks, before they start their regular puppy combination shots, to give extra early protection. Would like to hear from anyone who does this and your experience with this vacc...
Views: 459   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 24, 2011 2:04pm
by Highroller
Showing to a sweeps judge
Ok. I have only been showing a couple of years. I have an honest question for all of you. (Please be nice and only respond with kind answers, I don't want to start a mean thread). I co-own a bitch with another breeder. That breeder will be judging sweeps this fall at...
Views: 1173   Replies: 30
Last Post: Jul 24, 2011 9:29am
by Welcome
Norwegian tragedy
Has anyone heard from our Norwegian breeder friends? It is a small country and nearly 100 killed, mostly teenagers. The news stories are absolutely sickening.
Views: 369   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 24, 2011 9:21am
by Breeder
s
Sport
Jane Borders
Is Jane Borders still around.
Views: 488   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 24, 2011 12:45am
by NHL
New Master Hunter
I am pleased to announce that Dutch Hollow's Charismatic finished her Master Hunter title this past weekend. Carrie loves her work and frequently draws attention as a hard driving show dog. She has finished her show career with 14 points, two broken majors, several...
Views: 415   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 23, 2011 2:04pm
by Gail Shearer
m
MWK
Stevens County, Washington
We are looking at this area as a possible seasonal retirement location, maybe eventually permanent. I have tried to find dog or kennel regulations online and haven't been very successful--only finding out info about licenses in town and vicious dog legislation. T...
Views: 445   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 23, 2011 10:17am
by MWK
Don Sullivan training system ?
Has anyone heard of the Don Sullivan training system ? How does it work ? Does it work? They show a training collar but say's it isn't a shock collar so wondered how it worked. Saw a comerical about it so was curious.
Views: 213   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 23, 2011 7:53am
by Ob exbr
Professional Designations ...
I think we should all start using them when posting to this forum .... obviously it will give more credence to our opinions as expressed here ... or we think it will.
Views: 348   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 22, 2011 3:35pm
by breeder33
Mastitis
Sugestions? Stating of mastitis, just had a c-section on friday on cephalexin 500mg 2 times a day. ended up in ER last night did blood work and xray they agree begining of mastitis. the kept over night gave fluids and 2 ampicillin injections, talked to my vet this m...
Views: 402   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jul 22, 2011 9:53am
by Dev'Sun Labrador...
j
Jan
If you are incoming for EOLBA this weekend... IT WILL BE HOT!
Hi All: To anyone traveling in for EOLBA Specialty this weekend - please be aware of the extreme temperatures and humidex values that we are currently experiencing in the Kingston area. It is going to feel like 40'C/104'F - Pack accordingly for both you and you...
Views: 367   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 22, 2011 9:03am
by CM
t
Tari
addison's disease
Looking for information on Addison's and Percorten injections specifically. Placed a rescue a couple of years ago and the dog was diagnosed with Addison's about a year later. They have been doing Florinef tablets but they are no longer working. The cost for a 4ml...
Views: 424   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 22, 2011 7:04am
by shalane
Pawcatuck River Labrador Retriever Club - Speciality Advertising - closes 7/31.
Pawcatuck River Labrador Retriever Club 7th Annual Specialties September 22nd & 23rd, 2011 CATALOG ADVERTISING (Black and White) Advertising Prices: Full Page $45* ~ Half Page $25 ~ Business Card $15 *Photos with full page ads only...
Views: 248   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 21, 2011 3:38pm
by Lori Riley
n
Progesterone Results
My bitch is in her 7th day since showing signs of heat (i.e. bleeding). This AM I took her for her progesterone test, and I just got the results of .8. Last winter, I bred her and we missed. She was 2.4 on day 5, 4.2 on day 7 and 8.4 on day 10. Day 10 was the day...
Views: 397   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 21, 2011 12:13pm
by AnnaH
Pectineus Muscle
Morning...Anyone have any knowledge about the damage of this muscle in a dog as to long term? I've got a girl who had hers damaged pretty good at 1yr. Here we are at 2yr and she's now favoring it(that leg)so it's bothering her. She is pointed but don't think I'm g...
Views: 283   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 21, 2011 12:01pm
by Sherry L. Anders...
s
Shelby
Xtra Prayers Update:
Good Morning all...Last Evening I got the call from my vet that I've been waiting for! I posted for Xtra Prayers for my boy Gauge, well thanks it worked! The tumor was a MCT but the excision went well and all borders/margins are clean!!! I will just be xtra careful a...
Views: 398   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 21, 2011 11:53am
by Kate Fulkerson P...
Outdoor recreation
Hello all. I was wondering at what age do you take your puppies outside to play. I have concrete runs that I would bleach prior to the puppies going outside. I want to take them outside because it is so nice out but I was wondering how long people wait to take their...
Views: 320   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 21, 2011 9:33am
by Looking for fun
Moldy smell?
I have 6 Labs, all predominantly house dogs. I have just one girl who smells moldy all summer. Nothing tends to help. She is not in the pool any more/less than anyone else, her coat isn't too different from anyone else, not unusually thick or oily, but she STI...
Views: 433   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 20, 2011 6:32pm
by me 2
Two new titles!!
I was at a three day trail this weekend. My Kodi earned two new titles! Despite a heat index over 100*, and some very hard scoring judges, Kodi earned her OM3 and UDX3!! nd, two ,ore OTCH points (only ay 17 right now). Lots of things learned, but best of all was t...
Views: 425   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 20, 2011 4:20pm
by Patty
Huron River LRC - 25th Annual Specialty & Celebration ~ Sept 30th
To All Labrador Enthusiasts, The Huron River LRC invites each of you to Michigan for our 25th Annual Specialty Show on Friday, September 30th. We also have supported entry shows on October 1st and 2nd (Monroe Kennel Club). In addition to our usual ring competi...
Views: 260   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 20, 2011 1:25pm
by Michelle@Infinit...
m
Marion
Champion in Windows software
I have used Champion in Windows pedigree & record keeping software for years but after the death of the owner it is no longer being supported. Has anyone used this software and if so were you able to find another vendor where you could interface all the old data. I...
Views: 249   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 20, 2011 12:28pm
by Marion
Judges that are not tooth fairies?
Would anyone be willing to name some all-breed judges who are not overly focused on full dentition? My female is missing a few and got knocked hard at a show last weekend. I'm new to labradors, so am unfamiliar with what judges to look for. I assume *most* breeder ju...
Views: 950   Replies: 35
Last Post: Jul 20, 2011 10:05am
by Oldtimer
n
Newb'
Heat cycle
How long after breeding is a bitches next heat cycle, on average, for I know that no two girls are alike. Is it 6 months from the time she had her last litter or 6 months since she was bred?
Views: 290   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 19, 2011 7:06pm
by Like clockwork
New Law L A County
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/07/19/what-makes-spot-vicious-la-county-to-seize-dogs-for-chasing-people/ FYI I am getting tired of government.
Views: 277   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 19, 2011 6:13pm
by Breeder
new email address notification service
Can anyone recommend a service that will notify individuals in your address book of a new email adress?
Views: 403   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 19, 2011 5:33pm
by Jan@Dunrobin
Results from Rose City LRC?
Anyone know results for today?
Views: 582   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 19, 2011 5:13pm
by Cindy
Innova, EVO, California Natural, HealthWise, Mother Nature, or Karma dog or cat food
If you purchased Innova, EVO, California Natural, HealthWise, Mother Nature, or Karma dog or cat food you could get a payment from a class action settlement. http://www.petproductssettlement.com/
Views: 278   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 19, 2011 5:04pm
by Laurel
l
Linda
Puppy sales
For the breeders like myself. As one breeder put it. Network, network. I moved from New York to central Virginia. We had a litter of pups 8 weeks ago, I got 3 calls. If I were in New York they would have been sold. I had previous buyers for 2, I'm keeping one....
Views: 1434   Replies: 48
Last Post: Jul 19, 2011 3:38pm
by well...
4.8 --when to breed-- chilled?
my girl hit 4.8 Friday, but i did not get the results today (Saturday) chilled is being shipped on Monday for Tuesday delivery--breeding, which is 4 days later from the 4.8 Will I be too late or
Views: 453   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jul 19, 2011 2:55pm
by stud owner
j
JRH
OFA elbows question
Just had my girl's x-rays sent to OFA - don't have results yet. The vet who did them is into curly coats. She made a comment strange to me which I am interested in your opinions about. She said, "OFA is getting much pickier about elbows and it's a good sign. El...
Views: 635   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jul 19, 2011 1:14pm
by Oldtimer
s
Shelby
Xtra Prayers
Thought it wouldn't hurt to ask for some extra prayers today..My boy is having surgery today to remove a Mast Cell Tumor I found on him last week. Soon as I found it I took him in for it to be looked at. Hopefully I found it soon enough before it spread. I need to pr...
Views: 638   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jul 19, 2011 11:20am
by Shelby
Hero Chihuahua Scares Off Two Armed Robbers
Don't know if you've seen this but I thought it was very brave of that little Chihuahua! http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/19/chihuahua-scares-off-armed-robbers_n_902236.html
Views: 216   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 19, 2011 9:31am
by NewbieABC
Judges & Teeth
Speaking of teeth. What do you think a judge should do with a dog which has an overshot or undershot bite?
Views: 572   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jul 18, 2011 4:10pm
by bite
c
CJ
Stud Question
Would you allow your Stud to be bred to a bitch whose Dam did not pass elbows? When it says Degenerative Joint Disease on OFA, does that mean they didn't pass elbows?
Views: 630   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 18, 2011 2:13pm
by peggy Stevens
Swimming after breeding?
I just bred my bitch.... did the LAST AI on Tue the 12th of July.... can she go for swimming today??
Views: 408   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 18, 2011 1:19pm
by Diane
Can progesterone fall after 5.0?
Here's the scenario- Tuesday's early afternoon progesterone was 3.4, Wednesday's 4pm progesterone was 5.2. 2.5 year old Maiden bitch was bred via AI on Friday at 3pm with chilled and extended semen, and again on Saturday at 2pm the same way. No puppies, she did not...
Views: 417   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jul 18, 2011 11:13am
by A thought
d
Drew
German Sheperd breeders
A friend of mine is looking into getting another sheperd pup but would like a pup with more german lines not so much the american stuff. He's doing his own research but i figured i'd post on here to see if any of you guys know either personally or professionally of a...
Views: 603   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jul 17, 2011 8:53pm
by just me
7 week pregnancy..slight discharge???
Bitch at 7weeks..noticed this morning she was a little depressed...no temp..eating..drinking..then noticed when I checked her a slight pinkish discharge..never saw this before...anyone??
Views: 361   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 17, 2011 3:08pm
by concerned breede...
early whelp ??
With all the talk about whelping what is considered "Early whelp'? I have heard that a breeder had puppies survive being whelped at day 51!!(a natural breeding so they knew the date) I know they say puppies need to be at least 55 days to survive.. What has been the...
Views: 276   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 17, 2011 1:28pm
by curious long tim...
Canadian National Ring Side Mentoring- Certifcate issued
Permission to crosspost: The Labrador Retriever Club of Canada is holding its National Specialty in conjunction with the Barrie Kennel and Obedience Club shows in Orillia , Ontario on Saturday, 30 July 2011. Ring Side Mentoring is being offered at no charge on...
Views: 196   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 17, 2011 8:48am
by Denise Branch
l
Laurie
Cyst on underside of tail
I have a 2 year old bitch who has had a cyst on the underside of her tail, about 1/3 of the way down. It has always seemed hard until now. It almost feels like a zit, and I can only assume that it is filled with pus. Have any of you dealt with this, and if so, what i...
Views: 457   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jul 16, 2011 4:28am
by Laurie
h
help!
diarrhea in adult dog won't go away???
Since my female gave birth the first week of June she has had diarrhea on and off. While she was nursing it was soupy stool, we assumed it was because she had ate some of the after births so the vet gave us Metronidazole 500 mg. One in the morning and at night for 10...
Views: 371   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jul 15, 2011 11:13pm
by help!
Coat Color Genetics
I found a lot of info online about B and E in Labradors, but I'm curious about C. Am I right that this is the gene that controls the shade of yellow from "white" all the way to "fox red"? Does this gene affect the other colors at all? I'm really wondering if the da...
Views: 531   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jul 15, 2011 9:37pm
by Simply wrong aga...
AI pipettes & syringe with no rubber
Can someone tell me the best place to get individual wrapped AI pipettes & the syringes with no rubber inside. Thank you,
Views: 264   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 15, 2011 4:20pm
by Breeder666
Number of Labradors in Rescues/shelters
I'm wondering from those who work directly with rescues and shelters if such organizations are flooded with Labradors needing homes. Also, if so, are there certain locations that seem to have more homeless Labs than others? The reason I'm asking is because rece...
Views: 466   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jul 15, 2011 3:17pm
by rescue volunteer
n
Anoother nice video
This is just an incredible video http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/14/humpback-whale-video_n_898859.html
Views: 266   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 15, 2011 2:21pm
by newbie
n
Not a Lab story but interesting
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/14/dalmatian-puppies-litter-dogs_n_898452.html#s308778
Views: 239   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 15, 2011 10:25am
by newbie
ssllrc
OK St. Louis, can you follow suit to SMLRC and please either update your website or post something on wiscoy regarding show dates and judges??? Thank you!
Views: 350   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 15, 2011 8:03am
by Breeder
a
Ann
Feeing puppies
When do you stop feeding puppies 3 times a day? TQ
Views: 283   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 15, 2011 7:14am
by Breeder
WC & water in ears
My chocolate boy and I will be going to our first WC Field Training Day. There will be plenty of water retrieves. I want to know what you folks use on your dogs to clean their ears that also helps prevent possible 'swimmer's ear' and other types of infections. Tha...
Views: 434   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jul 15, 2011 1:41am
by windycanyon
And narked!!
a friend and I are trying to book rooms in a pet friendly hotel for the National Specialty in CT .... NOTHING available unless we want to drive almost 2 hours .. between us we were looking at bringing 9-10 dogs to show ... most of the hotels close to the show site do...
Views: 545   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 14, 2011 8:13pm
by Breeder
any frozen available
I was wondering if anyone knew if there is any frozen semen available for "Ch Ashway Wilcare Impression MH"? If so who would I need to contact about it?
Views: 680   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 14, 2011 7:52pm
by Tiffany
Closing today LRCC & LRCO specialties
The Labrador Retriever Club of Canada and the Labrador Retriever Club of Ontario closes today at 8PM not too late to get your entries in at entry line (800)293-2935 Come and enjoy the Ontario sunshine in beautiful Orillia!
Views: 200   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 14, 2011 3:27pm
by Canadian Nationa...
s
SMLRC
SMLRC 2011 Specialty
The Shawnee Mission Labrador Retriever Club would like to extend a warm invitation to our Annual 2011 Specialty! Our website will be updated shortly to reflect the premium list, scheduling, etc., but the dates and judges are as follows: Sept. 24th & 25th, 2011...
Views: 318   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 14, 2011 2:51pm
by SMLRC
Which Puppy to Keep?
How do you decide which pup to keep when you have 2 pups who are 'show' potential? Both girls in my 3 pup litter are nice. They both have pros and cons. K pup has been my favorite from day 1 - can't really pinpoint why she just has been. A pup is maybe a little nicer...
Views: 552   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 14, 2011 11:55am
by Brdr
Do hypoallergenic dogs exist? New study
http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2011/07/study-hypoallergenic-dogs-do-not-exist/
Views: 388   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 14, 2011 8:56am
by heard that
Hyperkeratosis or Lupus?
Friend has a 13 yr old lab that has developed problems about three months ago. Nose looks cracked and bleeds at times. Nails are peeling and cracking. Twice they have broken to the point that they had to be cut at the base. Pads are hard and getting ridges on the...
Views: 374   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 14, 2011 12:45am
by Lab Owner
l
Laura
EMERGENCY: Need a couple of Labs pulled in Lowell, IN
Tracey Rithaler (RiverMyst Labs) was in a car accident near Lowell, IN. She's hurt and in the hospital. She had 2 young Lab puppies with her and they are being held by the Lowell, IN police. Is there anyone in the area that can go and get the dogs? If so, please emai...
Views: 657   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 14, 2011 12:06am
by Lab Owner
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Free Forum powered by Bravenet