Start a New Topic 
33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Integrity
Let's talk about integrity. How we as fellow breeders treat each other, is it different in other areas of the world? Are there really that many unscrupulous Labrador breeders among us ? Do I park my van at Potomac next to someone that is not paying thei...
Views: 836   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 28, 2009 2:40pm
by Past, Present & ...
Replacement trays
Can anyone suggest a place where I can purchase replacement plastic crate trays from. The best price I have found is $19 plus shipping for a 24x34. $19 seems a ridiculous price when you consider you can buy a whole new crate for around $59.
Views: 347   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 28, 2009 2:06pm
by Sharon Hamilton
food aggression
Hello, I have aa 9 month old lab puppy that shows signs of food aggression... I have 3 labs and feed at the same time. My other two labs sit and wait till I say "free/Eat" and both eat from the same food tower. I can pat them on the back or head and they both eat a...
Views: 453   Replies: 15
Last Post: Oct 28, 2009 1:43pm
by Liz Martin
u
unsure
Frontline or Frontline Plus on pregnant girl?
We have never had any issues with fleas, then we baby sat a friends dog a few weeks ago. We now have fleas. We have tried everything we can along the natural route, but I can't get rid of all of them. My vet has advised me to use Frontline or Frontline Plus to jus...
Views: 208   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 28, 2009 12:25pm
by Yes
judging
I attended a recent dog show where there was a dog noticeably off in the front to the point that the exhibitors could plainly see. While I do not know the exact protical I do know that bestowing the dog winners dog is not correct protical, frankly I do not care that...
Views: 1181   Replies: 22
Last Post: Oct 28, 2009 12:03pm
by Gail R
We Lab Breeders are a special group
Just thought I'd share what I've been through the past 6 weeks. I have a very good friend looking for a smallish dog, active couple, no children, a dog who is cleanly and sheds minimally. After hours of sitting ringside with me at dog shows and researching, they'v...
Views: 706   Replies: 13
Last Post: Oct 28, 2009 9:25am
by Sarita
Mort and the Breeding
Hey Mort, How did that breeding work out for you? I know you were afraid to breed for some reason. How did it go with?
Views: 405   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 28, 2009 9:23am
by Breeder
a
Angie
turmeric supplement for arthritis
Has anyone used this supplement and if so, how has it worked for your dogs ?
Views: 300   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 27, 2009 11:53pm
by I use it
Mariwyl Pups
I would like to say "way to go!!!" to MaryAnn Hart and her babies, Nikki and Vera at the Bare Bones Specialty and Middleburg, for their placements, BPIS, BPSW and RWB! Nice job MaryAnn! They are pretty girls! Enjoy!
Views: 640   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 27, 2009 9:56pm
by WTG Girls
Chew proof toy
For those of you who have a toy chewer. Hope you enjoy http://drawthedog.com/
Views: 289   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 27, 2009 12:50pm
by CM
halloween treat
Happy Halloween...... http://terrisfp.com/hallo1/ghost1.swf
Views: 248   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 27, 2009 11:39am
by janice
Progesterone /Breeding Question
I have a gal who's progesterone was 2.9 Friday. Yesterday's progesterone was 15.4 Semen is due any moment to arrive for insemination. Do you think I missed her?
Views: 359   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 27, 2009 11:05am
by Thoughts
j
Judy S
COLRC Thank You
First I would like to thank all the people who congratulated Sulley and I in person, via email, and via the forum. Words cannot express the thrill that I had on Friday when Sulley took WD at COLRC. It was a day that I will never forget. Secondly, I would like to...
Views: 288   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 27, 2009 9:21am
by shalane
BISS Am./ Can. CH. Waifin's Fly Cabot to Torngat
A huge congratulations to Jill for finishing Cabot today at the COLRC shows. "Cabbie" is such a beautiful boy with such a fabulous personality. Our "GIRLS" are so lucky that Ed and Margie Miller shared him with all of us here in the states. What an accomplishment...
Views: 963   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 27, 2009 8:32am
by Stacey
recap
There is no hander,BREEDER or exhibitor that is bigger then or more important then the integrity of our sport, and when these things are comprimised it is a slap in the face to all of us.I forgot to mention this was at an all breed show.
Views: 402   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 26, 2009 11:51pm
by confused
Congratulations to Mar-Moye!
Congratulations to Marion & Moye Daniel of Mar-Moye Labradors on their impressive weekend! At the Atlanta Shows... On Saturday, their girl Smoochie (Mar-Moye Kiss Em And Leave Em), was awarded Winners Bitch and Best Of Winners for a major under breeder judge Na...
Views: 519   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 26, 2009 10:15pm
by Tina Barks
New Champion
Today at the Middleburg KC show, WD was Morgan's Peace Pipe. This finished Smoke. Congratulations to my best friend Sally Cockey and CH. Morgan's Peace Pipe. I am very happy for Sally and Smoke.
Views: 773   Replies: 13
Last Post: Oct 26, 2009 9:52pm
by Christine Buckle...
Re: Congrats on Bellwether's fantastic weekend!
Big congratulations to Tina on her terrific weekend at Bare Bones and the Middleburg show on Sat. Her lovely puppies Bellwether Trendsetter took Best In Sweeps and her boy Bellwether Thunder took RWD from the 12 - 15 mo class. Thunder then took Best In Sweeps the...
Views: 624   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 26, 2009 8:53pm
by Mar-Moye
Have to brag!
I am so proud of not only our dog, but for myself. I had this crazy idea to try our Chocolate girl in the field at the age of 3. Being a complete novice, I had a lot to learn. Today, at 4 1/2 years old, we completed our Junior Hunter Title at the Long Island Golde...
Views: 504   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 26, 2009 7:39pm
by Riff Raff Gang
Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada-like Syndrome (VKH)
Has anyone dealt with this syndrome in Labradors and is it in specific lines?
Views: 338   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 26, 2009 6:26pm
by Donna Forte
2010 Potomac
Heard that these are the judges for Potomac: Winnie Limbourne - Breed & Non-Regular Philippe Lammens - Dogs, Stud Dog & Brood Bitch Julie Bedford - Bitches Mary Roseberry - Sweepstakes, Puppy Dogs & Veteran Linda Bednarski - Sweepstakes, Puppy Bitches & Vet...
Views: 548   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 26, 2009 6:23pm
by Xhibitor
Potomac 2010 Judges
The LRCP received approval for the 2010 judging panel from AKC on Saturday, so here it goes: Winnie Limbourne (Wingmaster) - Breed, All Non-Regulars (except Stud Dog & Brood Bitch), Junior Showmanship Philippe Lammens (of Misty Dreams, France) - Dogs, Stud Dog &...
Views: 568   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 26, 2009 5:42pm
by bttt
w
Wendy
calling all vet techs
What the heck is the trick to pulling medications from the vial or bottle into a syringe? I have tried adding air to the bottle, holding it straight up, sideways, and everything I can think of and the liquid barely drips into the syringe. How do ya'll do this? What...
Views: 531   Replies: 8
Last Post: Oct 26, 2009 5:00pm
by Karen, Blackwatc...
j
Jill
Congrats to all of this weekends winners!
I wanted to thank everyone for their kind words and support regarding Cabot's finishing this past weekend. Cabot has only been with me since the beginning of Sept, and to see him finish so quickly was a thrill. I've only shown him 5 times, and the shows were all S...
Views: 660   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 26, 2009 4:24pm
by Greg Lynch - Kel...
Need proof HSUS is not our friend
I know some individuals on here will be able to help me out. Would someone PLEASE provide a link to credible articles on how the Humane Society of the United States is trying to destroy breeders and eliminate pet ownership? Members of my performance club are disagr...
Views: 339   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 26, 2009 4:15pm
by Curious
l
Linda
Puppy weight
How much do male pups weigh at 4 weeks old? Lab pups.
Views: 315   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 26, 2009 4:05pm
by breeder
Fading Puppies / Litter!
I am hoping that the board can help us. We have a litter with fading puppies and they are quite different than any other litter we have had. I will explain. The litter has been watched 24 hours a day, bottle supplimented with lactaid and gotten colistrum. They are pl...
Views: 769   Replies: 30
Last Post: Oct 26, 2009 2:00pm
by breeder
International Shipping from the US
It's been 5years since I last shipped a dog internationally. Am I forced into a situation where I have to use a shipping service? The last time I shipped a dog, I did all the requirements, got the USDA health cert, and made my reservations. Can I not ship a dog no...
Views: 237   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 26, 2009 1:38pm
by BreederMillionth
Apple cider vinegar??
Remind me what it is good for? I finally found it with the "mother", and now I can't remember what it was being recommended for.
Views: 502   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 26, 2009 1:09pm
by Mrs. Bragg Again
5 week old litter vomiting their food???
It's Sunday and I have called into my vet. My 5 week old puppies started vomiting their food right after they ingest it. This started early this morning and it's all of them. There was one puppy who didn't look well at all this morning and then seemed to turn...
Views: 524   Replies: 13
Last Post: Oct 26, 2009 12:44pm
by Joy
Results
Any results from Ohio or Bare Bones?
Views: 748   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 26, 2009 12:18pm
by JanisG
Texas
Any results from the heart of Texas?, or is too early?.
Views: 854   Replies: 23
Last Post: Oct 26, 2009 11:06am
by Diane McClurg
RDLRC numbers??
Any chance of getting numbers/counts for Raleigh?
Views: 320   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 26, 2009 8:06am
by Stephanie
Anne Hennessy
It is with a heavy heart that I am sharing the tragic news of our dear friend Annie Hennessy's passing. She left this world Sunday morning and leaves behind her wonderful husband and 7 year old son. They were the center of her universe. Annie was just 40 years old...
Views: 1253   Replies: 15
Last Post: Sep 18, 2009 12:29am
by Donna
b
Bronco
FOUND BLACK LAB BITCH AT DELAWARE, OH SHOW
A quality black bitch was found at the Delaware, OH show grounds today, Sunday, 10/25/09. She is said to have had puppies and has a bald spot on the left side. She is being held by Delaware Kennel Club members. Owner may call 740-524-0802.
Views: 694   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 26, 2009 4:32am
by O.Fernandez
HERO DOG
From today's Atlanta Journal Constitution: Yellow Lab saves jogger from attack By ANDRIA SIMMONS The Atlanta Journal-Constitution Published on: 10/23/07 Gwinnett police are investigating an attempted sexual assault on a female jogger at Tribble Mill Park i...
Views: 820   Replies: 16
Last Post: Oct 25, 2009 11:07pm
by KinseyLabs
Appetite
Any suggestions for a one year old who has never liked to eat? Would like to put a few pounds on.
Views: 224   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 25, 2009 6:43pm
by Emily Jones -- G...
UPDATE on red/brown spotting for two weeks after breeding
I had posted a few weeks ago about my girl who spotted red/brown for a full two weeks after her breeding, the third week she went to the normal clear discharge which is a sign I usually see with my girls when they conceive. The spotting for two weeks threw me though....
Views: 271   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 25, 2009 6:26pm
by Christy
Neutering a stud dog ?
I am looking for other's experiences with neutering a stud dog. I have a middle aged stud dog who has been used a couple of times. I also have several intact bitches in my home. His stress levels seemed to have gotten better over the eyars during their cycles, but fo...
Views: 542   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 25, 2009 3:46pm
by Same line of ?
Shredded paper
Where do you buy it? How much does it cost? is it plain paper with no ink on it?
Views: 274   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 25, 2009 10:43am
by MWiest
t
Terry
Baby Bella
Big Congratulations go out to Heidi Herman and Anne Maynard for taking WB at Bare Bones with their lovely girl "Kimleigh Paradigm Sitting Pretty"....Way to go girls!!!
Views: 605   Replies: 8
Last Post: Oct 25, 2009 10:12am
by Heidi@Paradigm
l
Leeda
Atlanta Show
A little Brag for me and my Bournhall's Black Angus (Out of Clark and my chocolate female Megan).He went WD and BOW yesterday and then WD today under Breeder Judge Nancy Arbuckle! He was handled by Amy Walker and a Big Congratulations goes out to her. Thats all I k...
Views: 448   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 25, 2009 9:41am
by me
Too many specialties?
Just wondering if there are too many specialties any more to make a specialty win as "special" as it used to be? Many of these specialties are tiny, and winning breed isn't as difficult as it is at Potomac or "way back when" at the bigger specialties. Just this w...
Views: 725   Replies: 13
Last Post: Oct 25, 2009 7:35am
by Clearly canadian
Puppy Poop
New litter and pups started having stinky yellow stools the consistancy of cottage cheese yesterday ... any ideas?
Views: 213   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 24, 2009 9:12pm
by Labs
:
: O )
hEAVIEST expens
Who has the heaviest gauge expens? I already have the heavy duty welded gray prescion one. I want a regular old kind but not think wire.
Views: 320   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 24, 2009 7:30pm
by Breeder OP
Iams Smart Breed Puppy
I'm looking for opinions on using Iams Proactive Health Smart Puppy for a pregnant bitch and to wean puppies on to. Anyone use this? This food does not have flaxseed. http://www.iams.com/iams/premium-pet-food/puppy-food.jsp The Large Breed version of this puppy...
Views: 302   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 24, 2009 7:11pm
by Cindy S.
F150
Hello and Thnak You We have Ford 150...and need recommendations on a divider between the front seat and back seat. We plan on taking the back seat out for our two labs..and lay down comfort bedding. please advis on where to purchase a divider for this type vehicle.
Views: 270   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 24, 2009 6:19pm
by Happy little tro...
Olympic flame
I know you probably don't care about this, but my partner is en route to Athens to bring the torch to Vancouver ..
Views: 354   Replies: 8
Last Post: Oct 24, 2009 4:57pm
by breeder
k
Karen
Puppy Buyers and Pick of litter
Series of Questions For Breeders: Do you put your pick pups out with the pet pups when your buyers come over? Mix them up? I tried separating them but the buyers always want to see them if they are here. Any suggestions? I always get talked in to it and t...
Views: 665   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 24, 2009 4:31pm
by Please Help?
Parsley in the Food
Someone told me that if I add parsley to my girls food it will help dry up her milk supply after weaning the pups. Has anyone ever heard of this?
Views: 285   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 24, 2009 3:47pm
by Lab Lover
Puppy with an over bite
I am a bit of a newbie and need some advice. I have owned Labs for years and have decided to try my hand at showing a bit. I am really excited about it. I found a reputable breeder and placed a deposit on a show quality pup. At 6-weeks the pup has started to show an...
Views: 310   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 24, 2009 3:04pm
by breader
h
H2G
Central Ohio
Any results yet?
Views: 952   Replies: 20
Last Post: Oct 24, 2009 1:02pm
by Breeder
LRCPV Supported Entry - Who is coming?
I am wondering who is coming to the LRC of the Pioneer Valley Supported Entry at the Holyoke KC show (November 19th) at the Springfield cluster before Thanksgiving. Hope to see you there!
Views: 218   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 24, 2009 12:53pm
by Tracey G
Any Bare Bones Results Available?
Anyone have any news from Va and the LRCP Bare Bones Show?
Views: 617   Replies: 8
Last Post: Oct 24, 2009 8:15am
by Still Learning
What is happening?
Just bred my bitch for the 3rd time, fresh chilled semen, all prog. tests done, viable semen, healthy bitch, all was done right. No puppies. Again. Have talked to many other breeder friends having the same thing happen. Why so many misses? What are we doing wrong?...
Views: 1384   Replies: 42
Last Post: Oct 24, 2009 7:24am
by Just Breeder
Wrong Progesterone results
Okay, I've gone through this twice now and I'm frustrated. Have any of you had this problem? My girl came into season on 10/11/09. I know this was her first day because I've been swabbing her for the previous 4 days. So, Sunday is day 1. I have her progesteron...
Views: 578   Replies: 14
Last Post: Oct 23, 2009 9:36pm
by Shelley
k
Kel
Dog Toys
I would like to ask this group which dog toys you would recommend for my Lab. She chews everything. The only toys I have found that last are nylabones and certain Kong toys. I would like to give her more variety but it is hard to find toys that last. She is over...
Views: 334   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 23, 2009 8:47pm
by this one
d
DebiR
Keeping Puppies Clean
For those of you that have to work full time: How do you keep your puppies clean? They eat standing in the food, they sleep in the litter box, they walk thru poop and pee when you are trying to pick it up before they walk in it! How do you keep them clean? My little...
Views: 566   Replies: 18
Last Post: Oct 23, 2009 3:40pm
by Joy
scratches on Mommys teats and Belly.
I would like to know if there is anything safe to put on the red teats and scratches from the puppy's nails. I clipped the nails but would like to help mommy out from the scratches. It there anything safe to use around the pups if they would get it in there mouths.I...
Views: 269   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 23, 2009 3:21pm
by Louise
Discharge after litter
Wondering what is the longest you have had a bitch have discharge after a litter? Not a lot not smelly just still some from time to time in fourth week. Thanks.
Views: 211   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 23, 2009 2:21pm
by Gregg
pancreatitis
My 13 year old girl (we are sure) has pancreatits. My country vet put her on amoxicillin but asked what the other vets out there may have prescribed. Does anyone have experience with this? Can anyone recommend another medication that may be more effective?
Views: 297   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 23, 2009 7:13am
by Breeder 30
side by side A/I
We did a fresh semen A/I tonight and usually we will rest the bitch in her crate for an hour after but as I was walking her to her crate she squatted and peed..Will this flush out the semen?? ( We did feather her for 5 minutes after the A/I)
Views: 386   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 22, 2009 11:44pm
by breeder-----
A good article on BSL
My daughter is taking a course in animal law - her professor wrote this article: http://www.abanet.org/genpractice/magazine/2009/jul_aug/pitbull.html
Views: 278   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 22, 2009 11:37pm
by Kinsey Labs
Mentoring from Debby Kay's LQ article
Debby Kay is a long-time breeder (more than 3 decades), was a founder of the Potomac Specialty, keeps only a few dogs for breeding, shows in conformation, and trains for hunting and retrieving competition. Here are a few of the mentoring pearls from her article....
Views: 431   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 22, 2009 7:45pm
by I do
Best soft crate
I am looking for a nice soft crate. There are many out there now. I would like it to be easy to assemble but sturdy. Any suggestions? Also, what size do you usually buy?
Views: 299   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 22, 2009 7:29pm
by this one
a
anon
level bite in 5 month old lab puppy
Anyone know if teeth will come out and correct a level bite with time? My female who hates having her mouth examined. {working diligently on that} appears to have a level bit. Teeth do not exactly come togther at the top of the teeth, but definitely do not go ove...
Views: 421   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 22, 2009 6:09pm
by anon
Debby Kay's Fall 2009 LQ article
Big thumbs up to Debby Kay for her recent article in the LQ.  In the age of the internet, there are more and more 'wolves in sheeps clothing' in our breed and some of these high volume breeders tout champions and specialty winners thanks to some excellent pur...
Views: 1700   Replies: 38
Last Post: Oct 22, 2009 3:58pm
by Susan Mouw
breeder not registering puppy
I bought a show prospect puppy from a well known canadian breeder and was told the ckc registration papers would come in the mail. This puppy was not sold with any sort of non breeding agreement as I have dealt with the breeder before. The puppy is now 11 months old...
Views: 783   Replies: 20
Last Post: Oct 22, 2009 3:34pm
by breeder
Scheduled C-section
What is the rule of thumb for a scheduled C-section. What day do you schedule for? Thanks in advance.
Views: 367   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 22, 2009 2:01pm
by One Answer
The Great Dane Lady
Has anyone used The Gread Dane Lady's Black Watch Feed Program? What are some opinions of the program? Also, would it be safe to use prohibotics in a pregnant girl? I looked into this after reading the thread about protein/fat causing joint issues on growing pups...
Views: 443   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 22, 2009 12:45pm
by Michelle
Ivermectin Doasage question
Just say a person was to use cattle injectable ivermectin for monthly worming in their dogs-just per say, what is the correct dosage for oral application? I have received conflicting information. Is it .1 cc per 10 lbs of body weight or .10 per adult dog? Just spe...
Views: 414   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 21, 2009 7:59pm
by Sampson Labs
s
shows
LRCP 4/10 judges?
I can't remember the rumor of judges for 2010 spring? TIA
Views: 798   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 21, 2009 9:52pm
by Diane Sullenberg...
Chicken Soup for the Pet Lovers Soul
Anyone have any experience with this food? Getting tired of Purina's changes and thinking of switching
Views: 299   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 21, 2009 7:08pm
by Kathy
e
Exhib
COLRC
Anyone have a judging schedule yet?
Views: 310   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 21, 2009 3:27pm
by Mary
EIC Question
Regarding EIC testing, a lot of breeders old and new a like are on the fence regarding this genetic test. If one had recently tested a third generation bitch which is the first EIC testing done and prior generations have NO EIC episodes, however the tested subject i...
Views: 462   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 21, 2009 2:48pm
by Olivia Nankivell
s
Sara
Pano
I have a six months old male has been limping in rear for 2 weeks. I took him to the vet Friday and everything looked great (of corse wouldn't limp for anything). He was poked, proded nothing. But x-rays looked good. Starting Sunday is now really limping in the f...
Views: 454   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 21, 2009 1:49pm
by pano
Could it REALLY be EIC?
Maybe this is what the dogs have!!! www.themenwhostareatgoatsmovie.com "FAINTING GOATS!!!"
Views: 442   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 21, 2009 12:59pm
by genetic muscle i...
b
Bdr
Remedy for soft pooh
What remedy do you use for dog with soft pooh, like soft icecream?
Views: 322   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 21, 2009 12:52pm
by Nancy Barnett
Please help our lab win the cutest dog competition!
We have entered week 12 of the cutest dog competition with our yellow lab Sydney. Please vote for her. You can vote once daily. We need lots of votes. The winner from week 8 had over 4000 votes and was on CNN I wasn't sure where to reach the most people but was...
Views: 387   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 21, 2009 10:56am
by Alice
f
foodie
Pro Plan Perf OR Pro Plan Lrg Brd Puppy??? What to do......
Puppy is 5 months old. Have been using PPP. Pup growing fast and sometimes stiff getting up in the am. Was considering switching to PP Lrg Brd Pup but there doesn't seem to be much difference in ingredients The protein is only slightly lower (from 30% to 28%)...
Views: 406   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 21, 2009 7:20am
by Nancy Rudgers
OCD in 10 Month old Labby
What is your experience with OCD surgery on the hocks ? The specialist is giving the family a 50% chance of their young boy's hocks improving after the Cartlidge is removed. She is sending the radiographs to another radiologist for a 2nd opinion per my request. Her...
Views: 620   Replies: 13
Last Post: Oct 20, 2009 11:51pm
by Worried
Re: Julie Quigley's email address
Can someone please send me Julie's email address, it is not on her website. Thanks.
Views: 351   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 20, 2009 8:14pm
by breeder
t
Traci
Entries
Has anyone gotten entries for Bare Bones back yet?
Views: 474   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 20, 2009 6:46pm
by labladyval
Color
If you breed a pure chocolate to a pure yellow. You will get all blacks that carry yellow and chocolate?
Views: 767   Replies: 23
Last Post: Oct 20, 2009 5:21pm
by maybe this will ...
Del Valle (GGLRC supported)
BOB: CH Hyspire Surshot Juz Bcuz Iam Hot BOW: Belgairn Hart Ranch Naruto BOS: CH Marstad Night Blooming Jasmine JAM: CH Delby Marstad Black Pearl WD: Belgairn Hart Ranch Naruto RWD: Blackthorn's Merry Maker WB: Elkens Saphira The Dragoness RWB: Trill...
Views: 506   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 20, 2009 3:50pm
by Eleonore
h
Help
Orijen dog food
I would like to know if any breeders are using Orijen dog food for their puppies and adult dog's? I read that it was awarded best dog food of the year. Also it is rated a top level 6 on the dog food analysis web site. I would like to know what everyone thinks of this...
Views: 738   Replies: 20
Last Post: Oct 20, 2009 1:46pm
by Jean
Del Valle 9/19
Any results from today?
Views: 261   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 20, 2009 1:31pm
by Per Infodog
:
:)
Re: Raleigh Durham Entry numbers?
Can someone please post the entry numbers? anyplace we can go to see the actual breakdown? thanks
Views: 300   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 20, 2009 1:00pm
by Stephanie
Combining threads-protein and calcium
Distilling questions brought up in the Halo and Orijen threads. In terms of the theory of protein percentages, calcium percentages in food and growth problems in puppies: can anyone point to a reliable reference, article etc? I have heard lots of anecdotes one way an...
Views: 361   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 20, 2009 12:00pm
by More Info
c
Carol
Small problem with kennel links page
When I click on the "Clubs" nav tab, I get nothing except (eventually) a message that says "no input file specified." Is anyone else having this issue? It happens on two different computers and in both IE7 and Firefox 3.5.
Views: 284   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 20, 2009 11:50am
by Carol
by Nature dog food
Just curious,I received a promo from this company .Has anyone had experience with this food ?
Views: 180   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 20, 2009 9:22am
by curious
normal pup height
I know different lines grow at different rates, but I have a 14 week old pup that looks great except appears too tall for age to me. She is 14 inches at the withers at this point. What range do you think is normal for 14 weeks?
Views: 294   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 20, 2009 12:25am
by brdr
Bare Bones
You will not want to miss out on the Raffle at Bare Bones this year. Bring xtra cash cause we have some really unique items this year. Great handmade hat and scarf, handling services, discounts on tests and JBD ads, subscriptions to the LQ, hotel room for Westminster...
Views: 428   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 19, 2009 10:21pm
by Traci Stintzcum
Golden Gate
Any results from Golden Gate?
Views: 699   Replies: 17
Last Post: Oct 19, 2009 9:43pm
by Joyce~Anceint Oa...
a
Anon
KCS in Labs??
Hi all - I have a 14month old intact bitch from very nice well known lines. She has been CERF'd twice now - most recent 2 weeks ago. Hip/ Elbow prelims excellent/ clear. Heart is clear. But she started squinting at me on the weekend and has an ulcer on one eye....
Views: 431   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 19, 2009 9:37pm
by anon 2
Round of Applause!
The labrador community should send out a huge round of applause to the group of people who created and graciously manned the Labrador booth at the AKC Meet the Breeds this weekend at the Javits Center in Manhattan. It was a great place to stop, rest and snuggle wi...
Views: 612   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 19, 2009 8:31pm
by Sarita
Puppy Inquiry
My first litter.. puppy inquiry from WAY out of state. Person provided info re living arrangements in an email enquiry via my website, but I had to press for her full name and location. Wants a "show quality" female. Looked person up on 411 and person has many alia...
Views: 631   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 19, 2009 6:49pm
by Help Please - Pu...
need your vote for my dog
Hi every one I need you to vote for my want to be lab. He thinks he is one of my dad's labs he rule the yard. thank you Michelle here is the link http://www.cutestdogcompetition.com/vote.cfm?h=B882095E31C45BBEBED9C1C33E48C92C
Views: 357   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 19, 2009 4:24pm
by Linkspaces
New Scam?
If at all possible I do my best to return the dog related emails that are sent to me. I got one this morning that left me questioning and I was wondering if anyone else has gotten it or something similar. The email also included a jpg but I am not going to take a cha...
Views: 432   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 19, 2009 3:01pm
by Anon
Halo dog food
Another dog food question (sorry). Have a VERY picky eater 7 month old. Does fine coat and stool wise on Proplan SSS and before that shreds but over past two months has become very picky (not sick, weight still okay, but will pick at food all day long). Have tried li...
Views: 305   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 19, 2009 2:53pm
by Marci
Puppy Returned with Unknown Food
We had a puppy that we bred dropped off yesterday. Won't go in specifics as not a very good story but a very good lesson on being more careful with puppy placements. Anyway, the food being fed to the puppy (now 4 mos old) was pink heart-shaped kibble. Since a small...
Views: 598   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 18, 2009 11:09pm
by This might be it...
Scammers!
I can't believe the number of scammers out there!Had a recent inquiry about a nice show prospect male pup I have for sale only to realise(quickly!!!)it's another scam!You know the one-I will gladly send a cashiers check for more than.......Do people actually fall for...
Views: 728   Replies: 13
Last Post: Oct 18, 2009 10:50pm
by Hey you!
Looking for working lines/ Stud dog B(c)
Newbie here, looking for a moderate stud B(c) with working lines behind him. thanks in advance!
Views: 712   Replies: 12
Last Post: Oct 18, 2009 10:34pm
by I might be able ...
GGLRC Sweeps
I didn't see Sweeps posted earlier ...congratulations Judy Davis for winning Best in Sweepstakes with Decoy Palmer (CH Decoys Daydream Believer x Decoys Lil Lu Lu) and Kim & Barbara Nowak for winning Best Opposite Sweepstakes with Broyhill Stella Artois (CH Wilcare l...
Views: 327   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 18, 2009 10:23pm
by Webber
g
Gail R
Thank you Mid Jersey KC
I would like to say a huge THANK YOU to the Mid Jersey Kennel club. You guys went above and beyond the call of duty to try to keep the exhibiters comfortable, especially Thursday, with the horrible weather we had. Your hospitality is second to none. You are a grea...
Views: 512   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 18, 2009 9:15pm
by Edie
Nutri Source Dog Food?
Have any of you tried or currently have your dogs on Nutri Source? I'm wondering how you like/dislike it and how your dogs have done on it. Is there one formula that is better than the other? Thanks for the info!
Views: 192   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 18, 2009 7:39pm
by Kinderwood
National Specialty
Does anyone happen to know when the National Specialty will be in New England again? I know it won't be in 2010.....I'm just curious when it will be in "my neck of the woods"
Views: 384   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 18, 2009 7:37pm
by Melody Losea
Spirit of St. Louis Labrador Retriever Club Specialty
Confirmation emails and written letters have gone out. If you haven't received your confirmation letter by Thursday or Friday please let Lois Roegge or myself know. Thanks! Spirit of St. Louis Labrador Retriever Club Judging Schedule and Assignments...
Views: 329   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 18, 2009 6:10pm
by Patty Wilcox
Mid-Jersey
If you feel a violation has occurred you should report it to the regional AKC representative and the AKC . If it is determined that rules were violated the award will be rescinded.
Views: 703   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 18, 2009 12:56pm
by mcs
OCD/Dysplasia
Is OCD of the hock and stifle the same as Hip Dysplasia?
Views: 410   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 18, 2009 11:34am
by Breeder
MidJersey
Thought I'd better start a new post, last one was starting to get ugly. Congratulations, to Ruth and Randy Hoffman, what a beautiful puppy, saw her at Huron. Big Congratulations Also Congratulations to Hyspire boy, what a nice puppy, congratulations on WD
Views: 1066   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 18, 2009 11:21am
by Sue @ Kilmaurs
b
Bdr
SynoviG3 discontinued
I rec'd an e-mail from pet suppy company indicating that SynoviG3 has been discontinued giving the impression that the product is not safe??? Has anyone heard of this or is this a marketing scheme?
Views: 512   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 18, 2009 9:37am
by Judy S
white in throw up
I have a 3 year old girl who is very active, playful and eats great. She has had no change in the way she acts. However about a month ago she was standing by me and threw up a small amount of clear with some milk looking fluid in it. Did not think much of it because...
Views: 340   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 17, 2009 8:42pm
by rn
m
MWK
Small puppies
I have a litter of nine. The last two pups born were several ounces smaller than the other pups, but otherwise healthy. I have watched them all along--no signs of illness or abnormalities, no signs of being hungry or unhappy. At three weeks they are a pound smal...
Views: 581   Replies: 12
Last Post: Oct 17, 2009 6:48pm
by Nancy Rudgers
a
Annon
Hook Tail
Could someone explain what a hoook tail is?
Views: 446   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 17, 2009 6:45pm
by Charlotte K.
AKC Nationals Online Catalog
I am getting ready to enter my boy in the AKC/Eukanuba show in December. The AKC site mentions that you can send a photo for the online show catalog. Unfortunately they do not give any details. I called the supt field office and they din't know how this is handled...
Views: 324   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 17, 2009 4:54pm
by Chantel @ Koa
Wellness OR Natural Balance
Looking for experiences with both Wellness Simple Solutions Duck and Rice, or Dick Van Patten Limited Ingredients grain free Duck & Potato. Tried Pinnacle and it's too rich. Stool was more soft... Looking to avoid GI upset if at all possible. TIA!
Views: 347   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 17, 2009 3:56pm
by judy
Westminster 2009
I've never attended Westminster Dog show in Feb. How does the schedule run on Mon and Tues for anyone who has been there?
Views: 553   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 17, 2009 12:45pm
by WKC afficionado
GREAT!!!! Website
www.drawthedog.com I just found out about a new cartoon website that is All dogs. This seems to be Lab week and all 5 cartoons made me laugh even though they were all a bit too true. Please enjoy!!!
Views: 744   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 17, 2009 10:34am
by Breeder Two
Dual-Sired litter
Where can I find the best deal for DNA testing of a Dual-Sired litter? TIA
Views: 886   Replies: 23
Last Post: Oct 16, 2009 11:25pm
by Tina @ Tyric
c
CM
OT - STRAYS TO THE RESCUE
http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1930475_1968031,00.html
Views: 285   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 16, 2009 7:27pm
by hummm...
e
EML
lab eating rocks! Help!
ok, I've had labs for 23 years, never have I had one consistently eat the gravel in the dog runs. I'm really concerned. What would cause this? Has anyone had a lab do this? He gets PLENTY of food, is not underweight, is in great health. Gets supplement, salm...
Views: 517   Replies: 20
Last Post: Oct 16, 2009 7:07pm
by Jackie, Black Sa...
Puppy Return Question
Would like some input. I sold a lovely 1-year-old trained girl to a sweet family. They called me in a week and said, “she didn’t have enough play drive” for their active family. They were concerned that she will only chase the ball about 5 ti...
Views: 683   Replies: 19
Last Post: Oct 16, 2009 6:43pm
by peggy Stevens
2009 World Show in Bratislava
Any news from that FCI 2009 world show? Thanks! Jena-Louis
Views: 567   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 16, 2009 11:00am
by O.Fernandez
Any results from Mid Jersey?
any results from Mid Jersey?
Views: 1059   Replies: 21
Last Post: Oct 16, 2009 7:58am
by Jo
Spot on flea treatment sticks dog to crate
Marjorie sent this link but it is not on the forum. Wow, who would have thought of a solvent like benzyl alcohol being in the spot on and dissolving plastic crate or crate pan and dog getting stuck? I wonder if all the spot ons are a potential problem: I use Frontli...
Last Post: Oct 16, 2009 7:52am
by Marjorie
Supplements to help coat grow back in?
I am currently fostering a 2-year-old black female lab for rescue. I've had her for a little over 2 months and for the last 3 weeks or so, she's been shedding like crazy! It's to the point now that her coat is so sparse in some areas, you can see the skin underneat...
Views: 439   Replies: 8
Last Post: Oct 16, 2009 6:17am
by Old English Reci...
how much rain tomorrow at Mid Jersey
I'm headed for Mid Jersey very early tomorrow and know it's going to rain, but are we talking buckets or light showers? Anyone know so I can pack? Barb
Views: 379   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 15, 2009 9:29pm
by Susan @ Weymouth
y
Yes
Studs one more
Looking for one that produces great rear angulations. Thanks,
Views: 923   Replies: 20
Last Post: Oct 15, 2009 7:46pm
by Brier fan
BB Stud Dogs
Can we start a list of BB Stud dogs? Thanks
Views: 1198   Replies: 28
Last Post: Oct 15, 2009 7:44pm
by Joe
?
?
Have you checked your email?
Mixed Breeds Welcome! AKC's new program for mixed-breed dogs, AKC Canine Partners, is now open for business. If you have a mixed-breed dog you'd like to enroll in this program—giving him the chance to compete in stand-alone obedience, rally, and agility events...
Views: 685   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 15, 2009 5:34pm
by ES
j
judy
H3N8
A few days ago there was a post on the dog flu is this the H3N8 Canine Influensa Virus? I just heard on another forum that there was a vet. sending out letters to people to bring in their dogs and get vaccinated.
Views: 542   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 15, 2009 11:59am
by HOGWASH!
m
Me
Do you train litters to sit, stay, lie down?
I was just reading Ian Dunbar's "Before You Get Your Puppy" and while I agree with most of what he recommends, I am a little disturbed by one of the paragraphs. For choosing a puppy from the breeder he writes, "... his housetraining program should be well underway, h...
Views: 658   Replies: 22
Last Post: Oct 15, 2009 10:54am
by from my experien...
l
labs
nude dog shows...up and coming
had the funniest thing happen this week end at a dog show out door show and grooming area under livestock barn. it was hot as H E double hockey stick with heat index at 100, very high humidity. handlers and dogs alike where dripping sweat and panting. The big hair...
Views: 1088   Replies: 15
Last Post: Oct 15, 2009 8:45am
by Labs
nursing mommy vomitting
Have a girl with a 2 week old litter. Everything text book until today when she started vomitting. Not the usual vomit to feed her pups type, this is her truly getting sick. First time was her dinner, a lot of it, all undigested. She ate breakfast after that and next...
Views: 326   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 15, 2009 6:23am
by also
National Results are Up
All the National results are up on Onofrio at http://www.onofrio.com/execpgm/WBSRSELECT?SHOW=RLBA084735
Views: 730   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 15, 2009 12:23am
by BIS (bitch in se...
Semen Extender
What is the most reliable semen extender that can be used for a transatlantic shipment? Thanks in advance for the info.
Views: 333   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 14, 2009 7:51pm
by Gregg
Ingen results
Does Ingen send back anything in paper, or is it all online?
Views: 325   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 14, 2009 7:20pm
by M
When would you breed/progesterones
I am getting ready to breed my girl for her second litter. We caught her late last time we bred her. She had a surgical the day AFTER she was prog. of 36. We had a nice litter of 8. I counted myself lucky! My query is, should I breed her the same as last or due the...
Views: 423   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 14, 2009 5:11pm
by Breeder
REMINDER Raleigh-Durham Back to Back Specialties
Raleigh-Durham Specialties close this Wednesday, October 14, 2009.
Views: 340   Replies: 8
Last Post: Oct 14, 2009 4:21pm
by Stephanie
Mid Jersey & weather
I don't remember Mid-Jersey having tents for spectators and rings. Seeing weather report for Thurs & Fri, I am wondering if there will be any cover. Thank you for the information from the more experienced.
Last Post: Oct 14, 2009 4:09pm
by Anon Today
DERMagic products for skin problems?
Does anyone have any experience with DERMagic products for dog skin issues? A girl in my obedience group has been using it for a foot problem with her BC, and she swears by it. I see it's West Coast based; anyone out there heard of it? I'm wondering if it's good f...
Views: 222   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 14, 2009 1:05pm
by Breeder 38 years
David Vollette
Hello Everyone! I wanted to start off Thanking everyone for all the calls and emails! This is the best way to return emails and THANK EVERYONE! Well here it goes! I was leaving to go to the Nationals and I had a Heart Attack! I know many of you maybe very sur...
Views: 1402   Replies: 30
Last Post: Oct 14, 2009 1:02pm
by O.Fernandez
Coats
I would like to ask you breeders why some of the labrador's coats are soft and some are rough and coarse feeling?
Views: 378   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 14, 2009 12:17pm
by Genetics
Dog Van: Ford Windstar recalls
Note that it messes up the ABS control module and can cause fire. http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_13551899 http://www.fordwindstarrecall.info/
Views: 262   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 14, 2009 10:15am
by Charlotte K.
false pregnacy
My girl is humping all the other girls here and panting like crazy--sniffing and licking all the everyone. It's like she is in standing heat. In checking my calendar had she been bred this is when she'd be due. Last spring she had a miss and a false pregnancy. Think...
Views: 178   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 14, 2009 10:13am
by Breeder
Focal Seizures
I have just been informed that a pup from my first litter (almost 2) has started focal seizures. Is this hereditary? Looking online it looks like it is usually injury or infection related. I kept a pup from her second litter and was planning on breeding her but now I...
Views: 537   Replies: 25
Last Post: Oct 14, 2009 10:01am
by seriously
l
Laurie
Infodog site is down
The Infodog site appears to be down, and entries for shows close today at noon. Does anyone have the phone number that you can call Infodog to register?
Views: 489   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 14, 2009 8:42am
by Laurie
Yet another NEW (chocolate) Champion!
We're pretty happy here today to have another lovely chocolate girl finish her Championship with her third major. She picked up her second major yesterday under Jo Fleming, Blackwater Labradors and finished up today with her 3rd major and going BOB. Diane Sullenb...
Views: 743   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 14, 2009 7:46am
by EML
Packing for Mid Jersey!
Looks like we will need our finest Potomac wear! Today Oct 14 Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy 55° 35° 20% 55°F Thu Oct 15 Rain Rain 47° 38° 80% 47°F Fri Oct 16 Rain Rain 44°...
Views: 207   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 14, 2009 7:22am
by Breeder
Those feeding Orijen....
How many cups a day is your lab getting? And how old is the dog? My female gets 1.5 cups a day right now, she's almost 10 months, but I want to bump her up to 2 for just a slight weight gain, and was just wondering what others are doing when it comes to this food.
Views: 531   Replies: 15
Last Post: Oct 14, 2009 6:23am
by Susan Bonner
puppy worming
i have always wormed my puppies at 2,4,6,8 weeks with nemex. Wormed my puppies last week and now I am dealing with really stinking poop. Ready other post and said stinky poop might be coccidia. What schedule is for that.. What is the best medicine also. So many p...
Views: 205   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 14, 2009 12:28am
by Breeder
l
Lynn
Droopy Eyes
Has anyone here ever had a few pups in a litter that have droopy eyes... really bad when they are sleepy or just wake up? They are normal when they are wide awake. They actually look like bloodhound eyes at times. Both parents are great reps of the breed. Wi...
Views: 587   Replies: 14
Last Post: Oct 13, 2009 8:32pm
by Breeder
"
")
Re; Mid Jersey WOOO WOO Start Your engines!!!!!!!!!
two more days!! can't wait!!!!!!!!
Views: 349   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 13, 2009 8:01pm
by Breeder
8 day old puppies with loose stool
Help! Have had perfectly healthy puppies for 8 days now they have all gotten loose stool over night. And boy does the poop STINK!!! Mom has not eaten anything different since the day of delivery. Still gaining weight but worried about the loose stools. Mom was wo...
Views: 473   Replies: 26
Last Post: Oct 13, 2009 2:41pm
by Joy
New mom
This is my first litter I am in Germany and all went and is well except after 4 days now mom looks and seems very very tired. Do I need to apply some suplements or will this just phase out?????
Views: 367   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 13, 2009 1:07pm
by B.Hahn
Exceed Performance C & R, your experience feeding it to puppies?
The Exceed Chicken and Rice 30/20, does anyone know how many calories per cup it is?? Don't see it on the bag and can't find it in a search (so far) of the net. Another question. I usually start the gradual switch of puppies over to a ProPlan adult formula at...
Views: 266   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 13, 2009 9:13am
by Newbie
d
DebiR
Westminster 2010 Travel Partner
OK I am going to try this. I would like to find someone interested in meeting up in NYC in Feb 2010 to share the cost of a hotel room, do some site seeing over the weekend then watch Westminster on Mon & Tues. My husband would never even consider such a trip and most...
Views: 470   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 13, 2009 5:53am
by O.Fernandez
j
jen l
mid jersey party at Houlihans....
Hey everyone.... let me rephrase my post before.... Brittany who used to work for Rusty and Jen and then left and got married is now back and divorced!! So we are going to have a get together at Houlihans on Thursday nite to celebrate Brittany being a free woman,...
Views: 411   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 12, 2009 10:16pm
by Gail R
Cancer and Chemo
One of my puppy familys called and their female has grade II Cancer. Not only is it in the chest but back leg. The vet tells them this is not good at all since it means it is already spread. Have any of you done Chemo ? Was it worth putting the dog through it ? How m...
Views: 456   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 12, 2009 10:15pm
by been there
Now and Go
My pups were started on GO and NOW... any commnets or history with this food..thanks
Views: 420   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 12, 2009 10:14pm
by Donna
Keeping in touch with pup families
How do you all keep tabs on new pups once they're home? My families send me lots of referalls so I know they are happy but I only get about 2 per litter that send pictures and updates. I like to know how pups' conformation, temperament, biddability, health, etc. is...
Views: 462   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 12, 2009 8:53pm
by LC
d
DebiR
Dog Flu Shot
I hope this hasn't been brought up before. I heard thru the grapevine at a show over the weekend that the Dog Flu was really getting bad and close to home f(or me). I was told that there is now a Dog Flu vaccine available? Has anyone heard of this? Has anyone given i...
Views: 358   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 12, 2009 6:03pm
by Laura
Spirit of St. Louis LRC back to back specialties - entries close Wednesday!
Just a reminder that the Sprit of St. Louis LRC show entries close this Wednesday, 10/14, so get those entries in! If you need an entry form, please contact me (meridux@sbcglobal.net or 314-324-5972) or download from the club website www.ssllrc.com. We are also off...
Views: 214   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 12, 2009 1:33pm
by Lois Roegge
Bald spot
Today I took my boy for a nice walk at a park, he got a small tick above his eye. I tried to carefully grasp it to pull it out, and couldn't get it. I got my tweezers so I could get a better grip. I asked my boyfriend to hold his head so I could tweeze it out. He...
Views: 418   Replies: 8
Last Post: Oct 12, 2009 1:16pm
by peggy Stevens
Stolen Labrador
A dog that I have bred two and a half years ago and did sell to Spain, was stolen on Sept.18 on route from Alicante to the Gibraltar Dogshow. So far after paying people to put flyers up, reported the theft to the police in Spain and now the Interpol, not a word about...
Views: 507   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 12, 2009 1:15pm
by Gunilla Ek
Re: Mid Jersey judging panel remains as published
The Mid Jersey Club is looking forward to seeing everyone in a few days. There is no change to our published judging panel. Thanks and hope everyone has a safe trip out and is ready for some fun.
Views: 564   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 12, 2009 12:22pm
by Heidi@Paradigm
And still another new champion!!!
Big congratulations go out to Pete and Elizabeth Mayo on finishing their black boy "Cutter" (Wildwood's A Cut Above) today in Wilmington, NC. Kim Frye did another great job handling Cutter today, and she has had a wonderful weekend...finishing 2 new champions!! Great...
Views: 504   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 12, 2009 12:15pm
by Laurie & Desi
m
Maria
Rattle Snake Bites and Anti Venom
A dog in our dog group was recently bit by a rattle snake. Their vet didn't stock anti venom and there wasn't any avaiable within an hour's drive. The emergency clinic had some, but they don't open until 6 pm and they close at 8 am. This dog needed the venom and...
Views: 431   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 12, 2009 8:00am
by Wow
keeping in touch with puppy families, epil research
After reading how many of us send out cards and ask for updates on our puppies: I'm wondering if some of us who have kept e/m addy's and sent bulk mailings to our puppy families, would it be worth a try to send the info. on the epil. research as well as attach the f...
Views: 255   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 11, 2009 10:03pm
by Maria
l
liz
What do you think of this??
I am looking for something nice to put along the fence line where the dogs wear down the grass. Do you think this would be easy on their feet? http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=10415-286-692132&lpage=none
Views: 630   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 11, 2009 7:36pm
by curious
dog door for our home for winter months?
We are remodeling our laundry/mud room. There is a dog door there already and our guys come and go through there and into the family room. In the colder months we close the door to the FR and they just stay in there and we open the big door for them to go out. Can...
Views: 273   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 11, 2009 7:22pm
by MeTwo
M.J.L.R.C. SHOW
Jill Just 5 more days. Surprize... Surprize.
Views: 419   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 11, 2009 7:11pm
by mee too!
Describe your ideal Breeder program please
If you had a magic wand - and could simply create a food/program to feed your kennel, what would it look like? Please describe as much as you care to .
Views: 562   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 11, 2009 6:42pm
by Breeder
b
bev
NLR.....GO RED SOX!!!!
Bottom of the 3rd..............we heard from the SOX!!! gooooooooooooo SOX!
Views: 183   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 11, 2009 4:07pm
by bev
g
Gail R
Another new champion
Congratulations to son Michael and Team Joy for getting Cactus Kids Golden Bear his championship, in NJ, today. I'm a proud grandma!!!!!!!!!
Views: 507   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 11, 2009 3:51pm
by EML
LRC National Conformation Results
These are the Conformation Winners as I have marked in my catalog. I don't have the information on the other venues. If I have made any mistakes or left anyone out, I apologize in advance. Congratulations to all of you! BOB - Ch. Tabatha's Pristine BOS - Ch. Gate...
Views: 978   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 11, 2009 3:39pm
by Sharon Hamilton
Tooth question
I have a 5 month old girl who is getting all her adult teeth. On the bottom jaw on one side she has a small premolar just behind the canine - on the other side that small premolar is not there. All the other teeth are there - premolars, molars, etc. Is this one no...
Views: 312   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 11, 2009 3:29pm
by Possible
i
info
MJLRC Epilepsy blood draw info??
Can someone please post a link to info about donating blood for Epilepsy research at Mid Jersey next week? TIA!
Views: 216   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 11, 2009 2:28pm
by even so
New Champion
Congratulations go out to Linda Hester and Ann Jenkins on finishing their beautiful yellow bitch, Diva (CH Sandyhills Barclay Diva) in Wilmington, NC. Kim Frye did a beautiful job handling Diva. Congratulations also go out to Christine Weisse on picking up a major on...
Views: 416   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 11, 2009 11:09am
by Christy
t
toonew
judges book
What does AJC mean when marked in judges book ???
Views: 633   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 11, 2009 11:07am
by Marjorie
Puppy kits
Do you include only the food you feed or add other companies' samples and information? Who do you find has the best kits? Thanks
Views: 290   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 11, 2009 8:01am
by Bluesouth Labrad...
Best in Sweeps!
Congratulations go out to Susan Patterson and Susan Mouw on Best in Sweeps with their gorgeous boy: Fenwyck's Never Again (Ch. Lubberline Martingale x Ch. Fenwyck's Dark Crystal) BOS sweeps: Piccadilly's Hidden Covey (Ch. Lobuff Bobwhite at Chucklebrook x UA...
Views: 778   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 11, 2009 7:50am
by Bluesouth Labrad...
d
Deb H.
LABMED QUILT RAFFLE
There are two weeks left to buy your raffle tickets for this year's LABMED quilt. View the quilt here: http://www.labmed.org/09quilt.html Gretchen Pinkel is the main designer of the blocks and she and her sister put the quilt together and quilted it. It is e...
Views: 764   Replies: 13
Last Post: Oct 10, 2009 11:53pm
by Deb H.
LRC-BOB
Just heard a rumor that BOB at the National went to Carol Heidl's girl Pristine(?) Hope it is true! Congratulations!
Views: 849   Replies: 16
Last Post: Oct 10, 2009 5:16pm
by Leeda
Eukanuba Large Breed Puppy food amount for 14 pounds (10 weeks)
I need the requirements for Eukanuba Large breed puppy food for 14 pounds (10 week) I have been on Eukanuba Website for several minutes, and cannot find this information. Thank you,
Views: 243   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 10, 2009 2:53pm
by Lab Breeder
St Louis specialty
Reminder entries close this wednesday October 14th. Entriesvan be made through entries on time premiums are available on www.ssllrc.com come to our specialty in your halloween costume!!!
Views: 336   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 10, 2009 11:03am
by Patty wilcox
Nationals
Now that the Nationals are over, I want to thank Barbara Holl, Sharon Grieves, and all the other people who worked tirelessly to make the 2009 Nationals a fun show. Who will forget the Pigeon Plop or the Lab Loot Auction? The wagon was the perfect touch and was use...
Views: 298   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 10, 2009 10:15am
by Duckndogs
m
Margie
Int. Ch.
Can someone tell me what Int. Ch. means please? I assume that it means International Champion. Is the definition written somewhere? Some people assume that an Am. Can. Championship can be recorded as Intl. Ch. .....I have a feeling that somewhere I've seen somethi...
Views: 976   Replies: 39
Last Post: Oct 10, 2009 6:48am
by O.Fernandez
WD
So it seems like there was no winners dog this year?
Views: 653   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 10, 2009 12:12am
by Patty Streufert
Tick Borne Disease??
OK I have a question: I NEED HELP! I have Labs BUT this is not my Lab, it is my poodle. On Labor Day I went camping with my horse and Rocky (the poodle). A few days later I found a tick on him. I removed the tick and didnt think that much about it. BUT 3 weeks a...
Views: 498   Replies: 22
Last Post: Oct 10, 2009 12:10am
by Breeder
j
Joan
Packing for Mid-Jersey
When you are packing for Mid-Jersey, be sure to throw in a couple of things for the "Garage Sale to Benefit Epilepsy Research". Donors will receive free raffle tickets for Mary Roslin-Williams book, "The Dual-purpose Labrador Retriever".
Views: 431   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 9, 2009 7:21pm
by Joan
l
Labs
Traveling to Ontario
I will be traveling to Ontario, more specifically to Brantford, in december for the show Dec. 4,5,6. I am feeding Chicken Soup for the Pet Lovers Soul and want to know if I can purchase this in Brantford. We are flying into Hamilton and will not be able to carry en...
Views: 248   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 9, 2009 3:09pm
by Leslie K.
10 week old puppy collaps after playing
What could be wrong with a 10 week puppy who collapes after playing, ---a few minutes later he is fine. Bloodwork shows red and white blood cells --low and so were her platelets. Protein was also low. vets suspects something wrong with bone marrow
Views: 832   Replies: 18
Last Post: Oct 9, 2009 2:10pm
by Charlotte K.
t
TYRO
Mid-Jersey Specialty
Just read judging program and see that non-regular (veterans,etc.)are up first each day. Do the winners of these non-regular classes then go into Best of Breed? Or are they just-for-exhibition entries? Thanks in advance.
Views: 445   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 9, 2009 2:10pm
by MORE
Results From the National?
Can some one please poest the results? Thanks!!!!!!!!!
Views: 259   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 9, 2009 1:32pm
by Breeder
a
ACK!!
AKC changin' the rules for profit
This is preposterous! Is AKC really so money hungry that they now have to change the very foundation of which AKC conformation showing was based on?? Obtaining a championship title that has a history of being difficult to obtain, at least in many areas of the country...
Views: 635   Replies: 15
Last Post: Oct 9, 2009 1:13pm
by B & Js Mom
Overbite at six weeks
My pick bitch has an over bite. She is six weeks old. She is from the very last litter from a great match. What have others experienced with something like this? Will it possibly correct? How long do you wait? I hate to let her go when I should have given her mo...
Views: 404   Replies: 8
Last Post: Oct 9, 2009 11:54am
by Breeder
l
Locked Registration
So check this out- If you use MY AKC to keep records, you can keep the breeding record, whelping record, and register the litter directly from those records. When the litter is registered, the puppy AKC#s will appear in the MANAGE PUPPIES tab of the breeder records f...
Views: 473   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 9, 2009 10:25am
by labs
p
PP
urine used for progesterone test
Muareen GambleProges-Check made by Endocrine Technologies. The website for the product is http://www.endocrinetech.biz on the newer test where it has been stated urine can be used in place of blood. How many drops? And any great suggestions on the easiest w...
Views: 278   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 8, 2009 11:13pm
by Olivia Nankivell
t
Toni
New Champ!
I am proud to announce that Ghoststone The Devil Wears Prada - "Prada" is now an American Champion. She finished up today by going WB/BOW on the Idaho circuit. Thanks to Judy Chambers for entrusting us with this beautiful girl and to Ellen Cottingham for doing...
Views: 584   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 8, 2009 10:58pm
by Jan
u
upset
head trauma
dog chased rabbit out to road coming back got hit, head trauma, no blood out of ears, mouth, or nose. ER vets cked x-rayed no blood in stomach, have dog sediated, wags tag, wants to get up but they will not allow for now. Has anyone experience after wards with their...
Views: 679   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 8, 2009 10:44pm
by Robin
d
DebiR
Puppy Collars
I am getting ready to go to PetSmart and have a question. My litter will be 4 weeks old tomorrow. I have my usual 5 yellow boys...in the past I have shaved spots on them to tell them apart. This time we are taking pictures to send out. Is everyone comfortable leaving...
Views: 450   Replies: 12
Last Post: Oct 8, 2009 9:55pm
by JL
w
wow
conformational disaster or what!?
worlds tallest dog, looks like an orho mess! Poor thing! http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091007/ap_on_fe_st/us_odd_biggest_dog http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Great-Dane-Guinness-World-Records/photo//091007/480/814d5aa343ab46929db3bfedd0bde5e3/#photoViewer=/091007...
Views: 687   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 8, 2009 4:15pm
by input
i
input
curious 'allergy' any experience?
I had a puppy buyer call me crying, their girl was spayed on Tuesday last week, and she apparently had some sort of horrible reaction to the suture material. After 3 surgeries to remove and replace, they finally stapled her and she is doing fine. Has anyone else h...
Views: 365   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 8, 2009 3:59pm
by Patty/Snowco
I just paid what?
I picked up a bag of dog food yesterday afternoon and paid $52.00 for Solid Gold Millenium. FIFTY TWO DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!! When we will all stand up and stop paying this ridiculous price for bagged dog food. EUKANUBA - has $13 coupon at the store; tells me they...
Views: 972   Replies: 28
Last Post: Oct 8, 2009 2:49pm
by Raw Too
News from the National?
Any results from sweeps?
Views: 665   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 8, 2009 1:29pm
by Terri Keller
LRC
Any news of any winners today at the National? I believe they had some Sweeps today. Thanks.
Views: 690   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 8, 2009 12:51pm
by Me 2
h
HELP
Hair Loss after Whelping
I really need help. I have a dog that after whelping, lost her coat. I am having trouble getting it looking good again. Does anyone have any help that they can share? I am hoping to get her in a show in december but I don't know if she will make it with her c...
Views: 482   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 8, 2009 10:56am
by Duals
The AKC Litter Registration Coupon offer has ended
I just called AKC and the $10.00 off Litter Registration Coupon program ended on July 30th. I spoke to "Richard" and he said that all the existing coupons have expired, they are not issuing any more and they don't plan to replace it with anything else. ~Bummer!
Views: 279   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 7, 2009 10:57pm
by Deven Grimaldi
Teeth Chattering in male puppy
Hi Everyone! I have a nine month old male puppy - my first male - and over the last week or so, he has started a behavior where his teeth chatter and he drools. Is this a male thing??? Also, he is excited all the time! Will this happen less as he matures and is...
Views: 427   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 7, 2009 10:04pm
by Linda Curpier
m
MWK
where to buy home again chips at good price?
I am re-posting because the original post turned into a discussion about who chips, registers, etc. I wanted to know which vendor of Home Again chips has a good price right now. Revival, someone else? Thanks. MK
Views: 238   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 7, 2009 4:48pm
by MWK
LRCP - Bare Bones Closes Wednesday, Oct. 7
Just a reminder for all of the procrastinators out there that the LRCP Bare Bones entries close on Wednesday, Oct. 7 at 6:00pm. For more info on Bare Bones go to www.lrcp.com Don't forget the two days of supported entries at Middleburg Kennel Club after Bare Bones...
Views: 306   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 7, 2009 2:18pm
by Cheryl Little
Progesterone test with urine
Kellie Sterling, DVM was kind enough to do some additional testig on the new progesterone kits I mentioned last week. She ran the test using both blood and urine and got essentially the same results. The down side is that raw urine will not soak into the membrane of...
Views: 594   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 7, 2009 11:37am
by anon
Mid Jersey Judging Program
http://www.raudogshows.com/jp/October/JERS09.htm
Views: 319   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 7, 2009 11:03am
by Breeder
Can't open spotlights
Is anyone else having trouble opening the spotlights? I can open the bottom two rows, but not the top one, except Trouble.
Views: 293   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 7, 2009 7:28am
by Jill
c
Cathy
Labrador Quarterlies
I'm thinking of selling years and years of LQ's but I'm not sure where to advertise them and how much I should ask. I looked at eBay. Do you think that would work? Thanks - any input would be good. (ps not including any contact information as I don't want...
Views: 622   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 7, 2009 3:31am
by Cathy
Another still born?
What is the longest that you have worked on a puppy that was born not breeding, and it survived? When do you give up? born with a heartbeat rate of 16-20/minute fading after 1 hour.
Views: 564   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 7, 2009 2:50am
by Diane Sullenberg...
mjlrc entry break down
we have our numbers THURSDAY 103 DOGS 200 BITCHES 45 DOG SWEEPS 80 BITCH SWEEPS 27 DOG SPECIALS 11 BITCH SPECIALS FRIDAY 105 DOGS 197 BITCHES 43 DOGS SWEEPS 79 BITCHES SAME NUMBER IN SPECIALS
Views: 540   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 6, 2009 10:52pm
by Sue @ Kilmaurs
starting raw diet
I am big on organic for my family and anything to be healthier. So I have looked here and there at the raw diet for dogs. So I have a few questions if anyone can help or send me somewhere. 1. I saw one today that said on raw you do not have to provide flea protecti...
Views: 236   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 6, 2009 5:32pm
by Just Breeder
The Stud
My girl is very nice and only need a Stud dog that can give a winner for the Potomac. Can you help?
Views: 643   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 6, 2009 5:03pm
by Nancy Rudgers
I have to brag on my Striker kids....especially Leon.
I took my Striker kids to Humble this weekend. I know it was a small show (5-7-0-0), but my babies did awesome. On Saturday, Katie was RWB and Leon was WD and BOB. I had Becca Ebarb show him in groups and he took a Group 2!!!!!! Now on Sunday, the judge didn'...
Views: 526   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 6, 2009 5:02pm
by Debbie Morton
oxygen
How many of you keep oxygen on hand (at home) while whelping? Also, does anyone have thoughts on Whelp Wise?
Views: 274   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 6, 2009 3:55pm
by Christina T
l
Linda
Litter registration
Do you still need a coupon to get a discount when you register your litter? I had the info. written down and misplaced it. Thank you
Views: 384   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 6, 2009 2:02pm
by Linda
j
jamie
Fractued leg of my lab puppy
My 4 month old lab puppy had a green stick fracture on his right hind leg( dorsal tibia) by falling of the couch four weeks back. The vet told us there was no damage on his growth plates and put him on splint for 4 weeks(changed every 2 weeks). I took him to the vet...
Views: 497   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 6, 2009 10:26am
by OtterTail
AKC/Eukanuba Invitational, Long Beach - Best Airport??
Is there any one airport easier to get in and out of??? LAX kinda scares me! lol
Views: 248   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 5, 2009 10:35pm
by Liz Martin
Exceed again
Do you know who makes exceed for Sam's?, I know Diamond makes the brand for Costco. Thanks,
Views: 285   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 5, 2009 8:06pm
by Kimleigh
MJLRC SHOW
WE HAVE SOME PREM. NUMBERS ON THE SHOW. NUMBERS ARE UP THIS YEAR. WE HAVE 364 DOGS WITH A TOTAL OF 499 ENTRIES ON THURSDAY. NUMBERS DROP BY A FEW DOGS ON FRIDAY. WILL POST WHEN WE HAVE FINAL NUMBERS.
Views: 299   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 5, 2009 6:19pm
by Attending
InGen pra-PRCD test
Does anyone know what the turn around time is for the results these days? I know a few months ago yhey were experiencing some tech difficulties and it was 6 weeks or better for results.
Views: 401   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 5, 2009 3:28pm
by old timer
Evo raw verses Taste of the Wild
Has anyone used any of the Evo varieties of dry raw dog food or any of the Taste of the Wild dry varieties? I would like to move my dog to a low carb diet, which both of these brands offer. The problem is every manufacturer keeps switching their foods' ingredients an...
Views: 284   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 5, 2009 3:25pm
by Linda Curpier
d
Diane
Electric Fencing
Living on Long Island I know nothing about Electric Fencing. Does it work like an electric collar If it is I don't think it's a good idea for a 5 month old puppy. Love to hear any experienced advice
Views: 469   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 5, 2009 3:05pm
by Patty/Snowco
l
Linda
Still born
What are reasons for still births in a healthy, first litter, three and a half year old. Sixty two days gestation, uneventful labor.
Views: 671   Replies: 22
Last Post: Oct 5, 2009 2:26pm
by Patty/Snowco
m
Me
Puppy Pack Food Samples
Looking to start litters on a different food. I would like a super premium food that puppies start on and new owners can continue feeding. Found the best way to do that is to give sample in puppy pack. Found some foods I like but they don't give samples. Cost to buy...
Views: 333   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 5, 2009 2:21pm
by Me
l
Laurie
Update on anesthesia for c-section
Just wanted to let everyone know that my girl had her c-section on Saturday. My Vet used Propofol as an induction, and then Isoflurane. We helped with the pups as they came out. I was concerned because I am use to rubbing the pups, and they get mad and scream. We onl...
Views: 264   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 5, 2009 2:13pm
by Sampson Labs
breeder judges list
I can't open the new BREEDER JUDGES LIST ? Can anyone help ?
Views: 527   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 5, 2009 11:47am
by CM
Raleigh-Durham Specialties Close Wednesday, October 14th
You can find additional information on the specialties at www.rdlrc.com. The Club looks forward to seeing everyone. Thanks, Stephanie
Views: 237   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 5, 2009 11:43am
by Stephanie Danger...
On the Subject of Vaccines
The flu vaccine thread made me wonder: Which vaccines DO you recommend? How often?
Views: 343   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 5, 2009 11:18am
by And...
m
mcs
puppy food
I do not understand why any breeder would feed their puppies Purina Pro Plan chicken and rice formula when it contains corn,wheat and corn gluten meal. These ingredients have no nutritional value for the puppies,are allergens and are fillers.Why not feed super nutrit...
Views: 585   Replies: 48
Last Post: Oct 5, 2009 10:18am
by CM Punk
How would you respond to this email?
Just curious how different breeders would handle it. Hello, I am looking for a yellow American Labrador Retriever puppy that as an adult will be over 100 lbs with big ears.
Views: 939   Replies: 30
Last Post: Oct 5, 2009 9:54am
by Candyheart
nationals
can some one tell me what the total entry for the nationals are?
Last Post: Oct 5, 2009 9:48am
by Patty Streufert
Breeding for Girls
How many of you believe that breeding a bitch early will give you more girls?
Views: 543   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 5, 2009 8:22am
by Patty Streufert
nationals 2010
Does anyone know where the national will be next year? Thanks
Views: 340   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 5, 2009 5:35am
by Melody Losea
January vs. June
In your experience, is it much more difficult to find good homes for well bred puppies in the cold winter months? I live in the great Northeast and am about to breed my girl, but I'm a bit nervous bout the timing. Feedback from personal experience would be greatly...
Views: 406   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 4, 2009 11:57pm
by An answer to the...
Difference between male and female butts?
Here's one I can't answer - I only have females: "My male dog has a weird looking anus - it looks puffed out around the hole, but not red or sore or anything, and he doesn't fuss at it. It's different than our female's anus; hers is sunken-in looking, like a belly...
Views: 480   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 4, 2009 8:45pm
by Olivia Nankivell
SMLRC Sunday photos
Just an FYI for anyone that was at the SMLRC Specialty. There was a photographer at the show on Sunday taking pictures of all dogs in every class. Here is the link in case you weren't aware of it and have a great shot of your dog. http://siriusphotography.zenfolio.c...
Views: 423   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 4, 2009 4:18pm
by I think.....
Studs for Size
Need ideas for Studs out there that throw big bone and size as well as head size. My female can carry the rest just need that improvement. Please post some names I could take a look at as this is a discussion forum and I believe these things should be discussed. Thanks
Views: 1017   Replies: 21
Last Post: Oct 4, 2009 4:02pm
by Lab Breeder
What is PTVL??
had a guy want to breed his bitch to my stud dog. CERF says "normal" but in the comments section it says PTVL, what is that? I never had that comment?
Views: 473   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 4, 2009 1:39pm
by wondering
Optigen 20/20
Does one have to attend the actual 20/20 clinic in order to participate and receive the discount for the clinic? Or can you send in a sample separately using the code for the clinic if you can't attend? I know this used to be the case, but can't find anything on t...
Views: 270   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 4, 2009 1:13pm
by Clarification
Canine Flu Vaccine has conditional approval from USDA
The first Canine Influenza Vaccine (CIV) has conditional approval from Dept of Ag, it announced today. It is a killed vaccine by Schering-Plough/Intervet. http://www.aphis.usda.gov/newsroom/content/2009/06/caninevacc.shtml Interesting.
Views: 308   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 4, 2009 10:07am
by vet story
Weight
What works well for those of you who have had a need to put weight on a dog? I have several that need weight and I can't seem to get the needed pounds on them. They are fit, but they could stand a little more fat covering their ribs. They eat a good measurement of f...
Views: 411   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 4, 2009 9:38am
by time
33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
Free Forum powered by Bravenet