General Forum
Start a New Topic 
34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
At last: British KC health results online!
http://www.the-kennel-club.org.uk/services/public/health/search/ This tool will allow you to search for any health results for a dog which is registered on the Kennel Club’s Breed Register either by its registered name or registration number (or stud book nu...
Views: 424   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 4, 2009 7:32am
by Breeder
Transport to PA shows??
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some assistance in getting a Lab from Albany NY area over to either the Devon or Hatboro shows this weekend. He is an intact 18 month old - that is going for extensive rehabilitation before it can ever be thought of to rehome him....
Views: 427   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 3, 2009 4:43pm
by Tina @ Tyric
n
now
Michael Vick
So Nike reinstated Michael Vick as spokesperson in ads. no more Nike for me.
Views: 711   Replies: 24
Last Post: Oct 3, 2009 3:10pm
by please
Video of Potomac or National
This link was posted on another list. I know there has been talk about possibly taking videos of Potomac - anyone looked into this company? I know nothing about them, but it certainly seems to be a possibility in the future! http://showdogvideopros.com/index.html
Views: 325   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 3, 2009 11:55am
by Breeder
Judge Patricia Gellerman
Anyone know anything about this judge? Does she know a good typey lab?
Views: 536   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 3, 2009 10:28am
by homework
2010 Potomac- Judges?
Wondering when next year's Potomac judges will be announced? It seems like we knew the judging slate by the end of summer last year.
Views: 545   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 2, 2009 9:14pm
by Anon
Coat troubles again
I know this subject has been hashed and rehashed. I have a girl who had a drop dead coat, until she was 11 months old. Born in July, so this June, her coat started to fall out and its been out and dull and lack lustre, dry and flaky, topcoat falling out, has bald...
Views: 503   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 2, 2009 8:04pm
by Ivoone
Dream Catcher
I've been looking all over for Tabathas Dream Catcher offspring and grand kids, no luck. Anybody can help me? Thanks,
Views: 670   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 2, 2009 6:57pm
by Ivy
Anyone else having trouble with Minitube extender?
I was talking to a friend of mine the other day - we had both lost litters due to uterine infections shortly before birth, plus another person who experienced the same situation as well. All litters were the produced using Minitube extender (several different stud d...
Views: 505   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 2, 2009 6:15pm
by brdr
My name change
I recently got married and am in the process of all the name changing that goes with it. Is there a way to change my name on all my AKC registrations without transferring all my dogs from me to me?
Views: 689   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 2, 2009 5:13pm
by Breedertoo
Latest update on Ohio Breeder's bill
----- Original Message ----- From: Norma Bennett Woolf To: ohiopetlaw@yahoogroups.com ; OhioAnimal@yahoogroups.com Sent: Monday, September 28, 2009 2:31 PM Subject: [ohiopetlaw] Sub bill Sub-bill HB 124 has arrived, and it has few substantive changes....
Views: 270   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 2, 2009 3:57pm
by Breeder
g
Granny
Breeding ????
There have been several threads about line-breeding with or back to the grandsire. I would like to know if it is the same result to line-breed back to the grand-mother? If she is a exceptional bitch would this be a good breeding or is it primary the grandsire that yo...
Views: 559   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 2, 2009 1:53pm
by peggy Stevens
How would a judge know if a bitch was 'intact' or not?
Someone posted this question on another thread and it did not get answered and it just got me thinking. What is someone just wanted to show but not breed so they spayed the bitch? How would a judge ever know that they were looking at a bitch that was no longer intact...
Views: 648   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 2, 2009 1:48pm
by Jackie, Black Sa...
Co-own on AKC, want to register CKC.....
If I co-own a male and he is AKC but I want to register him CKC, do I need co-owners permission, and would I have to co-own him CKC, as well? Co-owner was kind of a BYB and is not cooperating. I am going to talk to the CKC but thought this might be a good first stop....
Views: 347   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 2, 2009 1:36pm
by Bitter
a
Autumn
Have a great weekend!
Everyone have a great weekend whether it be at a Fall Show, apple picking, pumpkin picking or whatever you have planned! Enjoy!
Views: 229   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 2, 2009 1:32pm
by Autumn
Excited for no reason.....
http://www.wiscoy.com/spotlight/caffu.html Got real excited seeing Caffu, since he appears BROWN, until I looked at the pedigree and saw that that was impossible, lol! Not nice getting chocolate addicted folks hope up!
Views: 600   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 2, 2009 12:03pm
by Four Eyes
c
CM
Keep Contact Info Current
Should you move, please remember to update your contact info with the AKC/CKC and microchip company if applicable. Makes is much easier to find you should your dog or one of your dogs be lost/found. TIA!
Views: 293   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 2, 2009 10:54am
by CM
need ride for a dog to the Nationals from DC,MD, VA, NJ area
if anyone can help me out, I'd be happy to pay for gas one way. It is a one way drop off!
Views: 280   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 2, 2009 10:42am
by Kimleigh
l
Laurie
Anesthesia for c-section
I have a bitch who had a 4 pup litter naturally last year. however, one of the pups was very large, didn't present fast enough, and we could not revive him. Well, the x-ray today says 4 pups, and several of them look big. So, I am planning a c-section. My Vet does a...
Views: 394   Replies: 8
Last Post: Oct 2, 2009 1:18am
by Teva?
soft side crates
SSLLRC wants to purchase at least 2 soft side crates for raffle. Looking to buy something of quality and at a decent price. Would prefer using a company that someone is familiar with. Feel free to email me privately with your ideas! Thanks!
Views: 336   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 1, 2009 8:59pm
by Patty Wilcox
Puppy Calls
I just got another call asking for a white English block head Labrador. I tried to educate but knew I was getting nowhere. When I hung up I remembered a recording the So Cal LRC made up and played at the Specialty banquet for then President Winnie Limbourne....
Views: 521   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 1, 2009 7:35pm
by huh
Breeder Judges and Sweeps Lists are ready
I have compiled lists for labrador breeder judges, with their kennel name, email, web address, lists of other breeds they can judge, including notations for breeds they are provisional for. Additionally, I have a list of breeders who emailed me their interest in...
Views: 562   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 1, 2009 4:59pm
by godivalabs
n
Hatboro 10/1/09
Anyone have results from the Hatboro PA show today?
Views: 312   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 1, 2009 3:13pm
by Don't know
First heat
I have an 11 month old girl that hasn't had her first season yet. I'm a little concerned, because I'm new to this and she's one of 2 foundation bitches to my breeding program. I know every female is different depending on their bloodlines and whatnot, but to rest m...
Views: 301   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 1, 2009 2:53pm
by Breedertoo(hopef...
Building Coat
I have heard people state that it is better to keep your labs in cooler conditions to allow them to build more coat in response to the cold. Does anyone know how much cooler the temp needs to be (how much lower than typical house temp of 65-70 will actually make...
Views: 416   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 1, 2009 2:31pm
by Joan McInnis
b
Bdr
Pro Plan making a change......AGAIN
Tried to buy ProPlan SELECTS Chicken and Rice yesterday, and none on the shelf. The food store mananger says, oh yes, Purina has discontinued the bar code on this food. From his experience, his believes Purina is pulling a marketing stunt and may make a formula cha...
Views: 852   Replies: 22
Last Post: Oct 1, 2009 2:06pm
by Frustrated
Kuranda Beds
I've finally decided to buy some Kuranda beds. What size do you get for a Labrador? Any advice on their varieties - indoor, outdoor, all purpose, heavy duty? I have some mellow, some rambunctious, and the occasional litter. Mostly they will be used indoors but so...
Views: 612   Replies: 20
Last Post: Oct 1, 2009 1:06pm
by Breeder24
low-cost training treats
Any ideas on training treats that are low-cost. I'm taking a training class that uses a lot of treats. we use high, med and low value treats. I have great high value and I thought I would use some of her dog food, but I still need another treat. Any suggestions would...
Views: 373   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 1, 2009 11:10am
by Breedertoo
touch therapy for puppies
looking to find that article that has the touch therapy for puppies. TIA
Views: 283   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 1, 2009 9:13am
by Charlotte K.
Epilepsy research - 9/28
It is now 5 months since the original notice about epilepsy research went out. When I called Liz last week they had received 2 new blood submissions in the last 30 days, but no new sibling pairs. We are still at 11. It’s time to talk about this lack of p...
Views: 738   Replies: 49
Last Post: Oct 1, 2009 8:48am
by Marjorie
toes caught in crate wires
I've run into a problem lately that I've never seen before in many years of crating my dogs. In the belief that I'm surely not the only lucky person to have this problem, I wondering what others have done about it--or what suggestions anyone might have for a solutio...
Views: 634   Replies: 8
Last Post: Sep 30, 2009 8:33pm
by Alice
Taste Of The Wild
For those of you that feed Taste Of The Wild Wet Lands Formula, is it all right to feed to a pregnant girl. It does not have calcium in it.
Views: 494   Replies: 8
Last Post: Sep 30, 2009 7:43pm
by sorry to ask
Split Season/Cycle
I'm interested in any info that can be shared about your experience with a "split season". How long was the first season, the off-season period, then the return of the season? Did you breed on the returned season? If so, what was your litter size. Did you confirm...
Views: 266   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 30, 2009 4:29pm
by Lois Lane
Brodie son or grandson with EIC clearance
I am searching for a nice Brodie son or grandson with EIC clearance
Views: 871   Replies: 10
Last Post: Sep 30, 2009 12:40pm
by breeederr
Judges, friendship and showing. When do you draw the line?
I am not trying to stir trouble and this has nothing to do with any particular show or judge or event so please don't read it that way. I am honestly wondering what constitutes not being able to show to a certain judge? Does traveling to dog shows as exhibito...
Views: 934   Replies: 23
Last Post: Sep 30, 2009 12:17pm
by Hmm
b
Bambi
Attn RAW feeders and/or deer hunters
I have a family member that hunts and butchers his own deers. I feed a kibble based diet, but was wondering if any of the "discards" from the carcass would be good for the dogs? Should I ask for a raw femur bone to feed? Liver to make bait? Any suggestions appreciated.
Views: 532   Replies: 13
Last Post: Sep 30, 2009 11:08am
by Hunter's wife
Epilepsy Research: FREE blood draws and FREE shipping
Not only are there free blood draws, MJLRC is paying for shipping the blood from their clinic at Red Bank's physical rehab building on Sunday, November 8th. See updated information on http://www.infodog.com/showinfo/matches.htm for November 8th. This saves thos...
Views: 315   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 30, 2009 7:51am
by bdr
a
Anne
spayed bitch in veterans classes?
Just wanted to check before I made my entries about the rules on entering a spayed female in Veterans regular and sweeps classes. I went to the AKC website and I think that it's OK if it's an independent specialty. Does this sound right? Thanks!
Views: 560   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 30, 2009 7:18am
by Howie
CH. Decker
Congratulations to Kendall and Faith for new champion Dickendall Buckstone Deck the Halls SH. Decker finished with 4 specialty wins. Now maybe on to MH?
Views: 939   Replies: 10
Last Post: Sep 29, 2009 9:49pm
by SO
n
new
how to enter veterans classes?
Does a veteran need to be entered in regular to be entered in veteran sweeps or can he just enter sweeps alone?
Views: 258   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 29, 2009 8:51pm
by Jamie K
INFO re 2010 JBD (not an ad)
There seems to be some confusion about whether or not I ever said a previous edition was my last. For the record - I didn't. There have been regular editions, supplemental editions, an occasional skipped year, a foundation edition, a year or two on disk later printed...
Views: 457   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 29, 2009 8:01pm
by Julie Sturman
m
Margie
RINGWORM
Any Help please... Ringworm: A beautiful male dog that I sold is turning two in November. Last summer he was diagnosed with Ringworm. He went on an extensive course of antibiotics, had no appetite, lost fur, lost weight and finally recovered. I've just had an em...
Views: 518   Replies: 12
Last Post: Sep 29, 2009 7:59pm
by breeder
Purina Labrador EIC Article
I recently got a Purina Pro Club Labrador Retriever Update in the mail, and the main article is "Selective Breeding Can Prevent Producing EIC-Affected Dogs". This article answered pretty much all of the questions I have had or seen asked on this forum. Cleared up a...
Views: 689   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 29, 2009 7:57pm
by Cecilie
b
Bdr
Atlanta Floods
I'm wondering about the breeders in the Atlanta area with all of the rain and floods. Does anyone know if all are OK? Hope all is well....
Views: 323   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 29, 2009 7:45pm
by Linda
bladder infection
Found out some great news today, After about $2000 in stud fees, shipping, progesterone test and AI's My girl is pregnant by a sonogram at 25 days. However the vet said she looks to have a bladder infection. She was put on Simplicef for 10 days. I really hate giving...
Views: 283   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 29, 2009 2:30pm
by Simplicef
b
brdr
seizure medication research
Below is a link to a research study recruiting subjects to investigate a new seizure medication. Recruited dogs receive a complete evaluation (worth about $350), including thyroid panel. Dogs over 5 years old selected to receive one of two medications may also rece...
Views: 283   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 29, 2009 11:49am
by brdr
s
Stacey
Pictures from Denver
Here are some pictures from the Denver specialty. Sorry, I didn't get all the winners (and I missed getting pictures of some of the MANY amazing dogs there too) but at least you can get a peak at some of the winners. Congrats again to Kendall Herr and Faith Hyn...
Views: 618   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 29, 2009 11:28am
by cthelabs
Go, Team Folklaur!
Since Laura Dedering is too modest to brag on her own behalf, I'd like to brag a little for her! Laura's yellow boy, Canadian Champin Folklaur Ghostwriter (aka Casper) went WD and BOW for a five point major at the Iroquois Specialty today under breeder judge Mike La...
Views: 469   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 29, 2009 10:51am
by Mary S from Stil...
Iroquois JAMS
To all the exhibitors in the BOB ring at the Iroquois Labrador Retriever Club's Specialty in Wine Country on Saturday, Sept 26: there were two JAMS to be awarded by the judge. However, the ring steward could not find the ribbons and told the judge that there were no...
Views: 727   Replies: 13
Last Post: Sep 29, 2009 10:03am
by was not there
LRCP Bare Bones entries close next Weds. Oct. 7
you can find additional information on LRCP.com. Also infodog for the Middleburg shows following with Breeder judges.
Views: 286   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 29, 2009 7:59am
by Kimleigh
EIC & CNM tested Clear top Stud dogs
Would it be possible for top stud dog owners to get EIC & CNM Clearances for their top producing stud dogs & post them on their websites? When I find a stud dog that is the type I want, he does not have EIC or CNM Clearances. When I find a stud dog that has E...
Views: 861   Replies: 14
Last Post: Sep 29, 2009 2:12am
by Gem
Dilated Cardiomyopathy
Hopefully someone can shed some light on this situation until a cardiologist appointment is done... The dog is a 6 year old female that has never had any prior issues or symptoms etc. She is extremely active, hardly ever stops until bedtime. Current vet visit was...
Views: 339   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 28, 2009 11:50pm
by Question
New Code Entry
What am I doing wrong? My posts don't go through. I do have a problem sometime - being able to read the hidden code, but once I enter the code - is there another step before clicking on post reply?
Views: 384   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 28, 2009 7:48pm
by Breeder24
h
Help
Anal Glands
Is there any way of keeping the anal glands from becoming impacted? Or is this just natural over a period of time? Does type of food have anything to do with it?
Views: 476   Replies: 14
Last Post: Sep 28, 2009 6:54pm
by jmo
Iroquois Club
A big thank-you to the Iroquois club for organizing another great specialty. You always make us feel so welcome. Thank-you for the wonderful lunch as well, it's greatly appreciated. Congratulations to all the winners!
Views: 539   Replies: 8
Last Post: Sep 28, 2009 3:58pm
by shalane
Can dog with a CD be entered in Novice B (AKC)?
Can a dog who has earned its CD title still compete in the Novice B obedience class? The most recent AKC rulebook seems vague in this regard though I thought there used to be a rule that you couldn't continue to exhibit in that class if you had received a qualifying...
Views: 364   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 28, 2009 3:11pm
by Gail
m
MWK
Good price on Home Again chips?
Anyone ordered lately and got a good price? I think the ones I ordered this spring where about $10 each after the breeder discount. Just checking to see what others have found. MK
Views: 339   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 28, 2009 2:13pm
by MWK
2-week old puppy that is sensitive
Could a 2-week old puppy possibly have mites or something to make it quite sensitive/itchy? Mom came back (before being bred) from a trainer being a bit itchy - didn't give it much thought - never was before, nor any of her relatives. Now her singleton baby puppy i...
Views: 351   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 28, 2009 12:52pm
by Labs
Ohio breeders take note
If you're in the Columbus area or can make it there this Wednesday morning at 9:30, your support is needed as the bill described below will be open for discussion, both pros and cons. TIA to anyone who is able to get there...I, like many others, have to work and c...
Views: 330   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 28, 2009 12:22pm
by Barb@RedBirch
d
DUH Me
Fri 10-16 Springfield Show?
why does INFO-DOG say "no classes for Labradors?"
Views: 309   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 28, 2009 12:11pm
by DUH Me
m
Miguel
i want a lab
i want to buy a lab which is healthy. I dont trust any breeders around my area. I m from manila. Any suggestions?
Views: 487   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 28, 2009 10:16am
by Sure
Deeland - Florida
hello ... Any results from Deeland show? thanks
Views: 310   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 28, 2009 9:08am
by Tina @ Tyric
Wine Country Results Sunday?
Results for Sunday's wine country show? Thanks.
Views: 262   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 28, 2009 7:50am
by curious
n
interesting article
http://news.aol.com/article/smelly-glue-green-algae-kills-dogs/689236?icid=main|main|dl1|link1|http%3A%2F%2Fnews.aol.com%2Farticle%2Fsmelly-glue-green-algae-kills-dogs%2F689236
Views: 281   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 28, 2009 7:13am
by newbie
r
RFO
greenish white color in vagina
HELP! I have a pet lab. Im really new to breeding. I noticed that the vagina of the pup seems to have something greenish white color on it! I dont think it is pus . The pup is 2 and a half months and is really active. It seems nothing is wrong with her.. I just wa...
Views: 349   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 28, 2009 12:39am
by Brdr
feeding puppies question
Hey all, Just wanted some feedback on what works well for you all with litters. I'm second guessing my schedule. I used to work afternoons and the feeding was scheduled around that - giving them a late meal. before they were 8 weeks, going to their new ho...
Views: 375   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 27, 2009 11:23pm
by Tina @ Tyric
Have you use him?
Someone recommended Scott Baldwin in Georgia to train my new Lab. Any references I can get from the people in the forum?
Views: 732   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 27, 2009 11:04pm
by Breeder24
Denver????
Anyone with the results yet?
Views: 378   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 27, 2009 10:12pm
by Anon
Denver
Any news from Denver?
Views: 689   Replies: 14
Last Post: Sep 27, 2009 9:53pm
by Bournhall
puppies born at night WHY?????
WHY or WHY do all girls decide to have thier puppies in the middle of the night!! Can be in labor for two day but have to start delivery at Midnight. All went well but of course going on three days of no sleep.
Views: 580   Replies: 10
Last Post: Sep 27, 2009 7:48pm
by about
g
Gail R
Exceed
Believe it or not, I just went to my local Sam's Club, and lo and behold, they have EXCEED Lamb and Rice AND Chicken and Rice. I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't seeing things. It wasn't there 3 days ago. The store is in Vestal, NY.
Views: 478   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 27, 2009 5:54pm
by El
b
Barb
need your opinions
a family has come to me asking what should they do they don't want to seem heartless. they have a 15 yr old unspay female, hair loss unexplained , no fleas, has been wormed on flea and tick preventive and wormed monthly, is deaf, does not do well with change, has...
Views: 573   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 27, 2009 11:49am
by Dev'Sun Labrador...
Monroe KC supported entry
Could a kind person post these results pretty please
Views: 424   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 27, 2009 11:08am
by Olivia Nankivell
Huron River
Does anyone have any results from huron River specialty please?
Views: 527   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 27, 2009 10:16am
by Sue @ Kilmaurs
Great stuff at the auction!!
Not to take away from Lab Med's gorgeous quilt, but Labrador Life Line has some really great items currently offered in their Labour of Love auction! Rusty and Jen Howard, Dr. Hutch, Myra Savant, InGen, Optigen and Vet Gen have all generously donated to this year's...
Views: 285   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 27, 2009 8:51am
by Barb Roosevelt
2010 National Specialty Show
Does anyone know where the 2010 National Specialty will be held? I'm hoping it'll be somewhere in New England......
Views: 511   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 27, 2009 7:05am
by Melody Losea
MJLRC SHOW
JUST A REMINDER THAT ENTRIES FOR MJLRC CLOSE ON WEDSDAY. ITS GIONG TO BE A GREAT SHOW, SO GET THEM IN. JILL I HAVE A SURPRIZE FOR YOU
Views: 359   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 27, 2009 12:31am
by Jill
Huron River or Iroquois Results?
At home with puppies, anyone know who's in the ribbons?
Views: 453   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 26, 2009 9:19pm
by Breeder
Any results from Iriquois LRC today?
I haven't heard from my handler so I assume my girl didn't win. But I'd love to hear the results!
Views: 496   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 26, 2009 7:53pm
by Sweetbriar
Allergies
We have had a much cooler and wetter summer than usual and one of my dogs has been hit with allergy problems this year. I have tried everything I can think of to rid her of the pink feet & excessive hair loss. The vet & I have it down to grass allergies. His sugges...
Views: 316   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 26, 2009 7:22pm
by brdr
d
DebiR
"Nine" Litter Theme
My litter was born on 9.9.09 so I am going with a "Nine" theme. I have all the typical nine names (Dressed To The Nines, Ninth Inning, Agent 99) but wondered if anyone could come up with more names.
Views: 730   Replies: 34
Last Post: Sep 26, 2009 5:27pm
by Mayan
Car Sickness
Received an inquiry from my niece who has a Beagle puppy who gets car sick. What is a good remedy that will not involve medication but a more 'natural' way. Suggestions would be appreciated.
Views: 340   Replies: 10
Last Post: Sep 26, 2009 4:09pm
by Pete
? AKC Rule Change
I recieved this email from the AKC website yesterday, and I'm a bit confused. I am rather new, so pardon my ignorance please. I have a 20 month old boy I plan on using as my stud when he has all appropriate clearances, and I have shown him several times in the past...
Views: 739   Replies: 8
Last Post: Sep 26, 2009 2:09pm
by Sherry L. Anders...
Congrats to Iroqouis Sweepstakes winners
Best in Sweeps was a beautiful chocolate dog from the 15-18 class, owned by Sue Willumsen ( I don't know his name, sorry) Best Opp Sweeps was Heidi Herman's girl "Lucy", Paradigm's Start Splainin', from the 12-15 class. Way to go!!!!!!!
Views: 402   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 26, 2009 1:50pm
by Dark Side
Golden Gate LRC Specialty
Just a reminder, entries close next Wed, Sept 30, for our specialty here in northern CA, Friday & Saturday, Oct 16 & 17. Come join us for a lovely Fall weekend. Specialty judges are Arwyn Ellis (Dolwen, UK) and Dan Clark (Everwood). Supported entry at Del Valle DC...
Views: 313   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 26, 2009 10:28am
by Terri Herigstad
TCI and Surgicals
I know that a lot of shipped, chilled AI breedings are written down on the AKC Registration papers as a natural cover. How about when you do a TCI or a surgical insemination at the Veterinarian's office? Do you have the stud dog owners vet, and your vet use this AKC...
Views: 270   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 26, 2009 3:11am
by Byc
wine country show results for friday
any news for us stuck at home people ,, please
Views: 294   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 25, 2009 8:03pm
by stuck at work
wine country shows
on my lunch and wondering if any news on winners???thanks
Views: 557   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 25, 2009 7:52pm
by Ellie
From Full to Limited
Why AKC does not allow changing registration from full to limited or at least to a new non breeding status? Wouldn't it a peace of mind when we place older puppies or dogs as pets that already have full registration? I currently give only a copy of the papers until t...
Views: 548   Replies: 9
Last Post: Sep 25, 2009 5:01pm
by Breeder 30
fresh chilled semen to Canada
I haven't shipped any fresh chilled semen to Canada for awhile and wonder how easy or difficult it might be these days.My main concern is clearing customs. Please post or email me privately if you have any recent experience shipping fresh chilled semen into Canad...
Views: 414   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 25, 2009 2:39pm
by Another Canadian
Bitch in whelp What do you do to aid in process
Going to be having my first litter in six years naturally. Just wanted to get others input on any other aid in helping my girl whelp besides giving her yogurt to help her calcuim up. I do walk my girls around and they usually have thier first pup outside. Didn't k...
Views: 441   Replies: 8
Last Post: Sep 25, 2009 1:22pm
by Northwest Breede...
c
CM
1000 ANIMALS SEIZED
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7030053
Views: 539   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 25, 2009 9:13am
by newbie
a
annon
I stole your dog today...
A friend sent this to me today - I have to admit, it brought tears to my eyes and made me think of the poor dog down the street that we pass on our walks. He (or she) is tied to a dog house and looks like the dog in this letter I stole your dog today ~Jim Willis...
Views: 730   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 25, 2009 9:09am
by CM
d
Diane
Marrow Bones?
I give both my boys fresh marrow bones once every 2 weeks and they love them . This past week my 5 month old Puppy keeps stealing from them both. Is 5 months to young for her to start having her own marrow bones
Views: 407   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 24, 2009 10:50pm
by Linda Curpier
Unusual Whelping. I need your experience please.
I have a 3.5 year old bitch (correction. She is 3 years 10 months) that has had two litters previously. The first was a litter of 7 before she came to live with us and the 2nd litter was a litter of 4. Both were natural whelpings but the 2nd litter she had decent...
Views: 1035   Replies: 30
Last Post: Sep 24, 2009 8:44pm
by Linda
10 years in the sport--zero points :(
I started in obedience and after a couple of years bought a show potential from a top breeder. She was a wash out in the ring but I bred her to a top stud and kept a nice pup. We placed at specialities but no points. I bred her and kept a pup, again placing but no...
Views: 1165   Replies: 43
Last Post: Sep 24, 2009 7:49pm
by Gail
i
input
puppy buyer switching foods
Had a buyer call me-they had switched over from PP puppy to the shredded-was not pleased with it. They don't want the SS&S so they asked me about Natures Variety, Merrick or Innova. Since I have no exp. with these foods can anyone give me their experiences-which ou...
Views: 523   Replies: 15
Last Post: Sep 24, 2009 6:10pm
by Wondering
Shedding by color
Im just curious but over the years Ive noticed my black labs shed alot less than either my chocolates or yellows. Does anyone know why this is? They eat Innova and their coats look fabulous but I would say in tems of shedding yellows shed the most followed by choc...
Views: 422   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 24, 2009 1:17pm
by Northwest Breede...
Mary Roslin-Williams, "The Dual-purpose Labrador"
Great news!!! We have obtained a copy Mary Roslin-Williams’, “The Dual-purpose Labrador”. The book has its dust jacket and is in excellent condition. It will be raffled off at the Mid-Jersey specialty on October 15-16. The money will be added...
Views: 451   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 24, 2009 12:28pm
by Joan McInnis
n
Video of 1000+ animals seized
http://www.chron.com/ You have to go down the page to see where you can log onto the video - shows a dog in a cage just click on
Views: 309   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 24, 2009 10:57am
by newbie
Checking where your puppy goes.
Besides phone calls and all the question you ask, what are other ways of checking out puppy buyers ? Reading below about the AKC and dilutes made me wonder. Are there searches you can do ? Would hate for the wrong person to obtain my hard work.
Views: 575   Replies: 13
Last Post: Sep 24, 2009 8:24am
by breeder
Update from "Bitch whelping..or not? ".....any more news??
How did things turn out after the first pup was born? Hope all is well!
Views: 270   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 24, 2009 8:03am
by Breeder
b
bugs
fleas
i have found fleas on my dogs , anyone suggest a natural product that will work? as i have one bitch that i have just bred?
Views: 234   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 24, 2009 2:03am
by Jackie, Black Sa...
Please Join JSLRC For Holistic Vet Program
"They Said Nothing Else Could Be Done For My Dog." Do the Impossible Through Alternative Veterinary Medicine! Join us for an informative discussion with Dr Sheila Lounsberry DVM, CVA on Nutrition, Acupuncture, Chiropractics and Chinese Medicine to be presented at...
Views: 258   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 23, 2009 8:16pm
by Patty/Snowco Lab...
AKC Judge Judy Doniere
Cross posted with permission Dearest Family & Friends Sorry to send a mass email about this – but it is with a heavy heart that I tell you all of the passing of my mother - AKC Judge Judy Doniere. She valiantly fought her battle with cancer and she was th...
Views: 639   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 23, 2009 7:41pm
by Greg Lynch
Advertising on craigs list
I noticed an advertisement by a breeder on craigs list. I'm not being critical but isn't that a rough place to advertise pups or dogs? It seems to be more common place to do. I wouldn't feel right about it for my pups or dogs. We sold a bedroom set on there a...
Views: 555   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 23, 2009 5:56pm
by Northwest Breede...
National Club and Dilutes. Call to AKC.
Good evening board. I do not often post here but I thought I would share with you an event that recently happened to me. I am sure that many of you have either had, or know of somone that has, been taken advantage of by a dilute kennel or breeder. They have bee...
Views: 625   Replies: 10
Last Post: Sep 23, 2009 3:54pm
by Dog owner
Please take a look at this show total?
I am just perplexed. Please someone tell me how you do this or am I missing something? I sent my boy out quite a few months ago with a well known handler that has done a really great job showing him. He has gotten points steadily but it has been several months an...
Views: 1050   Replies: 30
Last Post: Sep 23, 2009 2:19pm
by breeder
n
cute video
This dog is dancing... I don't know if it's real or if it's been altered.... what do you think? http://www.pawnation.com/2009/09/21/imma-let-you-finish-but-this-dog-does-the-best-riverdance-of-a/?icid=main|main|dl4|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pawnation.com%2F2009%2F0...
Views: 227   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 23, 2009 10:02am
by newbie
a
annon
lipo suction for dogs!!!
I was sitting on a plane yesterday talking to this lady who said her dog had liposuction done at our loal vet office! Wow, poor dog...anyway, I wondered if they'd do a human...and charge a fraction of the cost! LOL!!!
Views: 323   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 23, 2009 9:09am
by CM
l
Labs
dog flu vaccine
so has anyone use>the new dog flu vaccine? there seems to be lots of talk about it hitting Florida and the North
Views: 280   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 23, 2009 7:42am
by hard to get vacc...
PC Photoshop - need help please
I got some awesome pictures from a lady that took them of my dogs but when I download them they won't open in windows viewer or in Photoshop. Says there is some sort of syntax error and can't read it. I looked at the names and they are simple things like dogrun...
Views: 312   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 22, 2009 11:49pm
by Stan
Question about Pregnancy Test
OK, here is the situation...My bitch was bred, and we did a test at 30 days from the day we felt she ovulated. Test was negative. 10 days later, she looked pregnant, so another test was run, and this time it was positive. Everything has been going fine. Took her in t...
Views: 553   Replies: 26
Last Post: Sep 22, 2009 11:37pm
by Sampson Labs
Whole Jog Journal subscriber question
I am looking for an article entitled Bleeding at Both Ends published in the July issue of The Whole Dog Journal... Can anyone help me??? TIA!
Views: 295   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 22, 2009 7:51pm
by Xhibitor
l
Linda
x-ray for pregnant girl
How old can your pregnant b*t*h be to have an x-ray done? Thank you.
Views: 418   Replies: 10
Last Post: Sep 22, 2009 7:49pm
by Debbie Darche, D...
To sedate or not to sedate
Do you guys typically see that your dogs are sedated for OFA xrays? I was just talking to my vet about it and he says that they typically DON'T sedate because sometimes they show a bit more laxity when they are out. We got a Fair reading on a prelim and when we...
Views: 434   Replies: 13
Last Post: Sep 22, 2009 4:56pm
by Kathy
s
scared
The Morning After
I brought home an empty collar and lead last night. Even having traveled this road before it's still devastating. I know it's imortant for those left behind to have their routines maintained. I knew enough to put his dish away last night. Still it was a consious e...
Views: 815   Replies: 21
Last Post: Sep 22, 2009 4:52pm
by Lost without him
sick & not eating
My dog is at the vets and has been there since yesterday morning. She turned down dinner Tuesday night and has not eaten anything since then. Her bilirubin is high. I think the number was 24,000. Her white blood count is slightly elevated. When she was home...
Views: 528   Replies: 10
Last Post: Sep 22, 2009 10:58am
by Patty/Snowco
Anne Hennessy - account set up for her son Zack
I have spoken w/ a couple of financial advisors and they all end up saying the same thing. Until we know how much money will be collected we don't know the best way to invest it. If the checks are made out to Zack than Shannon has to deposit them in some kind of an a...
Views: 411   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 22, 2009 10:22am
by Bonnie Hall
Congratulations Dauber & Laura !!!!!!
A big congratulations to Dauber and Laura. Dauber got his last leg today on his JH and will now be known as BISS.CH. Wilcare Leisure Suit Larry JH, WC. So nice to see a nice dog with titles at both ends of his name! Also today is Laura's Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!...
Views: 889   Replies: 14
Last Post: Sep 22, 2009 9:39am
by Laura
j
Jayson
Thanks to SMLRC
A special thanks to all the members of SMLRC for a wonderful show. We appreciate all of your hard work and look forward to next year. Jayson
Views: 322   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 22, 2009 8:04am
by DebiR
Knight
Hello, Where is Tabatha's Knight?, is he alive?, is he still producing or is there frozen semen? Thanks,
Views: 674   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 22, 2009 7:56am
by shalane
breeding question
Bred my girl,she continued to spot a dark red/brown for a couple weeks after breeding. Just would be starting into her 4th week after breeding and is now having the clear discharge which is usually a normal sign of conception with my other girls. Have any of you had...
Views: 348   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 22, 2009 4:58am
by Never seen it
b
brdr
Malaseb no longer available?
Has anyone heard about a recall of products made by Teva, including Malaseb?
Views: 409   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 22, 2009 1:57am
by questions
Nesting material for bitches
Wondering what you use for your bitch to nest in when she is in the first stage? I use shredded newspapers. Other ideas appreciated.
Views: 238   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 22, 2009 12:22am
by Nancy Rudgers
Animal Rights Vigilantes? New show on National Geographic
The National Geographic Channel is going to start airing a new program call Rescue Ink. From what I can tell, they are just a bunch of tough, tattooed guys that break into people's homes and take their animals if they "think" they are being abused. This should be i...
Views: 276   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 21, 2009 10:27pm
by I doubt that
Dead Puppy
Hi all, had a litter of 7 pups, 2 born dead, now 6 days old, the rest, big, healthy, doing all the right things, feeding, crawling, mom has milk to spare, went to the whelping box this morning and the biggest boy was dead. Any thoughts????? Mom is healthy and its a n...
Views: 719   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 21, 2009 7:15pm
by Kelly
m
Maria
Drying Wet Ears - How do YOU do it?
My Gab is suseptible to yeasty ears, mostly from swimming. I am more vigilant about cleaning and drying them and have added the Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar to her meals as suggested on another forum. While going through this tedious process which she hates, I was c...
Views: 491   Replies: 14
Last Post: Sep 21, 2009 7:03pm
by Ears
c
Carrie
Shawnee Mission results
WD: Sunnybrook They Call Me Sketch RWD: Big Sky's Heaven Scent From Trinity Congrats to Ryan and Mary Chambers and Linda Ciancio for Sketch's major, and to the Greens and Kirschners for Joshuas reserve! CME
Views: 745   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 21, 2009 6:55pm
by Ribbons
EXCEED dog food ...again
Just got off the phone with a Sams Club manager. This food is according to him, being phased out. When the current supplies are gone, it will not be reordered. I've called all of the Sams Clubs in a 100 mile radius, same story.
Views: 426   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 21, 2009 6:00pm
by Laurie
Pacing
Today I took my 2 year old boy to a match. The judge did not put up my dog because he was pacing. She had me take him around the ring "faster" to try to correct it but it didn't help. As it turns out she is a handler and she took the time afterwards to make some su...
Views: 520   Replies: 22
Last Post: Sep 21, 2009 5:06pm
by Jackie, Black Sa...
l
Leeda
Anyone for Atlanta Results?
I can't believe no one has posted all the results for Atlanta this weekend? All I know is I got a call today and found out my Bournhall's Black Angus got WD with the expert handling of Amy Walker. I am so proud of this boy and I am tickled pink!
Views: 435   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 21, 2009 12:06pm
by DebiR
Average weight gain of pregnant bitch
I have been trying to find without sucess the average weight gain for a Labrador bitch to term with 8 puppies. Anyone have ideas from past litters or have all your bitches been different? Thanks, Michelle
Views: 345   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 21, 2009 11:33am
by melissak
Out of room!!
You have that first Lab - he's your lesson learned and he got you into the whole "Lab Thing" and you know you can never part with him. Then you do your research get your show potential - he does well in the ring, passes all his clearances, but his ring time is sh...
Views: 705   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 21, 2009 10:18am
by Candyheart
Optigen 20/20 clinic?
Is anyone running an Optigen 20/20 clinic that we could join? If so please email me the number asap as we're drawing blood on 4 second generation dogs tomorrow. Saudjie labs@balrion.com
Views: 264   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 21, 2009 7:49am
by Saudjie Cross-Cr...
n
Love my lab
Hello, I have my first lab, he is a beauty, I have pictures of him since I got him at 8 weeks. Now he is 6 months, I know he is still a baby, but I see his tail longer than when he was 8 weeks, is this normal, the tail starts growing first?, I also see him longer a...
Views: 424   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 21, 2009 7:12am
by Breeder 30
Conformation Training Video
Someone asked in the "Pacing" thread about a video for conformation training. I am looking for the same thing and would wondering if anyone knows of anything. Something similar to Pat Hasting's "Puppy Puzzle" video would be ideal. Thanks.
Views: 267   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 21, 2009 12:26am
by Mary D
thirsty pup
just got a lab pup yesterday. I noticed she is always drinking water. Is there anything wrong with her?
Views: 316   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 21, 2009 12:21am
by Deb H.
Pawcatuck sweeps day one
Does anyone from the club have the results for the sweeps for day one? I must have missed them.
Views: 301   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 20, 2009 9:59pm
by sweeps day one
b
bdr :)
Prelims
How many of you have had Fair prelims on hips and then got Good as finals? I have an 18 month old bitch, and the vet thought everything looked fine (he's well trained on doing OFA xrays), but we got the fair. I have a call into the vet to discuss him looking at the...
Views: 510   Replies: 9
Last Post: Sep 20, 2009 7:10pm
by Kathy
Pawcatuck Results
Any results yet on day 2 of Pawcatuck? Thanks.
Views: 1012   Replies: 17
Last Post: Sep 20, 2009 7:03pm
by Patti
Smartest dog!
The smartest dog... with more will power than me! :) You will all love this..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prOzOsJpR7Q&feature=player_embedded#t=219
Views: 509   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 20, 2009 5:20pm
by hummm....
EVO feeders
For those of you who feed EVO - at what age do you start feeding it to your puppies? Some of the info on the website says not to feed it to large breed puppies until age 2, other spots on the website state that it is okay to feed to labradors after age 1. Also...
Views: 294   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 20, 2009 3:44pm
by Linda Curpier
l
L.T
How are your dogs at home?
There's a thread on pacing and i was wondering how your dogs WALKS .I know it may seem silly ,but just at a natural walk ,dogs pace right?I was looking at her walk (since she paced at the show ,i'm a little paranoid)and noticed that she has a lazy pace,if i may say t...
Views: 379   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 20, 2009 3:35pm
by slow
j
Jill
image verification
Hi Guys. I'm sure many of you have noticed that in the past couple of weeks, the forum has been being spammed . I am going to have to enable the image verification CAPSHA box for posting. Sorry for any inconvenience this change will cause. Jill
Views: 510   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 20, 2009 1:43pm
by Maria
n
Nosy
Atlanta Show
Anyone have any news from Atlanta for yesterday and today??
Views: 370   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 20, 2009 1:35pm
by Breeder2
Selling Puppies
I live in AZ and dang it I can't sell my last few pups if I walked around naked with a sign saying pups for sale! Really what is going on, no buyers or even calls or emails?? Is this universal?
Views: 1060   Replies: 38
Last Post: Sep 20, 2009 1:05pm
by So sad
Anyone going to the National in Bloomington from VA/NC/SC?
I am looking for a ride for an 8 month old pup from Indianapolis to Raleigh. If you think you might have room, please email me. Thanks!
Views: 246   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 20, 2009 12:40pm
by Jen Lydon
c
Carrie
Shawnee Mission Sweeps 9/20/09
Judge Deb Lewis (Shalane): Best in Sweeps: Wits End Jacks R Better at Blackwing (Mike & Lenore Hamilton) Best of Opposite in Sweeps: Erieandani Auguiano (shown by Delores VanSant) Congrats to the winners, owners and breeders! CME
Views: 355   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 20, 2009 10:23am
by Carrie
Books
I am looking for some reading suggestions about genetics, breeding and show handling/training. Can anyone tell me their favorites? I have Reaching for the Stars, looking for more good titles. TIA
Views: 254   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 19, 2009 10:56pm
by Want to learn
h
HM
automatic waterer
Those taking care of my dogs while I work (crazy teenagers!) are not diligent about giving them water. I really think I need one of those automatic watering gizmos. Which one is best? Also, which ones to avoid? Thanks.
Views: 232   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 19, 2009 10:56pm
by Funcouple
dumbbell update
Thanks to all who responded with your support and expertise to my dilema of getting my chocolate boy to take and hold the dumbbell. I watched the videos HOLD and FETCH by retriver trainers Jim and Phyllis Dobbs. I was training bass-ackwards. I retrained the "Hold" fi...
Views: 368   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 19, 2009 10:05pm
by just me
Prelims!
Winner's Dog - Dickendall Daveron Deck the Halls "Decker" Reserve Winner's Dog - Brooks Black Gold at Briarwood Congratulations: More results to come!
Views: 591   Replies: 10
Last Post: Sep 19, 2009 9:39pm
by Leeda
Shawnee Mission Sweeps 09/19/09
Best in Sweeps: Wits End Jacks R Better at Blackwing (Mike & Lenore Hamilton) Best of Opposite in Sweeps: Dickendall Buckstone American Graffiti (Kendall Herr) please forgive me if I left anyone off!!! Congratulations to everyone!!!
Views: 529   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 19, 2009 7:41pm
by Bigger Than Ever
r
rocky
puppy vaccines new to puppy care
Hi fellow lab lovers! I am new to dog caringdog upbringing. I just want it to be very healthy. I got it yesterday and The breeder where I got the pup told me that she already had 2 "6 in 1" vaccines and twice dewormed. Can you help me identify how many more shotsv...
Views: 277   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 19, 2009 6:43pm
by Susan ~ Fenwyck
n
Need answer, am curious
Why do people write the giberish ex: lLXKJKJO ? Is this some sort of secret code? I've seen this in the past but never thought to ask until now... Thanks in advance for your help!
Views: 579   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 19, 2009 6:29pm
by newbie
Incident at Hunt Test (crossposted)
(Jill gave permission to post this.) FYI, YGRC is Yankee Golden Retriever Club. The hunt test site is in CT, but their members live throughout southern New England. Questions may be directed Judith-her contact info is below. Permission to crosspost....
Views: 3236   Replies: 122
Last Post: Sep 19, 2009 3:07pm
by ???????
looking for articles, information on parvo immunity
Once a dog has parvo are they immune forever? I was led to believe they will carry a high titer for a year or two but it will diminish with time and if given a parvo vaccine it knocks out any natural immunities they have. would love articles, etc. thanks,
Views: 174   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 19, 2009 7:29am
by shots
Good Luck @ Shawnee Mission
Hey, good luck to all my buddies who are going to Shawnee Mission this weekend. Wish I could have flown out to join ya'll! Should be a wonderful time - keep us posted about the winner as times allows. Valerie - Bibsmom
Views: 219   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 19, 2009 11:37am
by Candice
a
anon
Microchipping
I have all of my dogs microchipped but have not registered all of them. How many who microchip actually register them? No flames please. I called the company asking if they offer a "kennel" rate and they do not.
Views: 411   Replies: 15
Last Post: Sep 19, 2009 10:48am
by Microchip brands
Update on sick dog-RIMADYL WARNING!!
Hi all, Last week I wrote about a sick dog from my breeding who was in the hospital with kidney/liver failure. I went to visit him and his owner today and it didn't look good. After a week on fluids, antibiotics and what not, he was not showing any improveme...
Views: 883   Replies: 14
Last Post: Sep 19, 2009 7:15am
by Louise
bitch owners
PLEASE bitch owners, PLEASE tell me when: the shipment arrives how the semen looked how the breeding went when to ship the second box when you send payment and when you know if she took or not and what she had Please follow up with this information ladies...
Views: 540   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 18, 2009 11:53pm
by Tina @ Tyric
bites, base narrow in puppy (question reposted in new thread)
I posted this in the other thread from the archives which was from 2006, should have started a new thread instead. Was at the vet for 3rd puppy shots in 16 week old puppy and my vet said puppy is a little base narrow (lower jaw). Of course, this is my pick puppy w...
Views: 312   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 18, 2009 11:29pm
by wait it out
The Secrets Inside Your Dog
Here is an interesting article from Time Mag. I haven't had time to read it all but it looks pretty good. There are also links to hit - one is on hunting dog field trails from a long time ago. Read and enjoy
Views: 428   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 18, 2009 3:28pm
by CM
email address for Kevin Sharp at Sam's Club
Can anybody post Kevin Sharp's email address at Sam's Club. TIA
Views: 257   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 18, 2009 2:59pm
by Jackie, Black Sa...
s
Scared
Liver Failure
My 13 yr old Male is at the Vet's with a liver ALT over 2000. All his other blood tests including liver ALP etc came back within normal limits. He started to have problems last night, so sudden onset very severe. Anybody have any experiance with this?
Views: 800   Replies: 26
Last Post: Sep 18, 2009 2:55pm
by CM
a
anono
Atlanta Shows
Any observers out there know the results for Labs today? TIA
Views: 272   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 18, 2009 2:14pm
by anono
Shawnee Mission
Can someone with a Judging Program tell me what time judging starts On Saturday and if Sweeps is first? Thanks!
Views: 405   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 18, 2009 12:34pm
by DebiR
analyzing pedigrees
When looking at pedigrees for a potential breeding, how far do you look back? Also, doubling up on dogs in a pedigree further back, does that seem to be successful or are the genes too diluted? Wondering what your experience has been, not necessary what the theory is!
Views: 897   Replies: 25
Last Post: Sep 18, 2009 10:57am
by new
question about bites
Hey everyone.... I have a question- i have a 4 1/2 week old litter here...and their razor teeth are in. If i am going to see a good bite or a bad bite (over/under) - at what age will i see it?? My last litter, I had an overbite puppy- not noticeable until 6 we...
Views: 541   Replies: 18
Last Post: Sep 18, 2009 9:03am
by CM
base narrow canine in puppy
I have a question regarding base narrow canine. I have a puppy buyer who contacted me earlier today saying that her vet had told her that the puppy I sold her has this. The vet is refering her to a "dog dentist" and says that the puppy will need extensive treatment t...
Views: 3479   Replies: 15
Last Post: Sep 18, 2009 7:47am
by hummm....
l
lisa
missin molars and premolars
how many missing molars and premolars are serious fault or it is normal and no fault
Views: 499   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 18, 2009 7:23am
by Breeder
Lost a fighter against the AR people
I received this yesterday and we have lost a great advocate and fighter against the AR people. Dear ASDA supporter: It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that I must announce that John Yates, founder and Executive Director of American Sporting Dog Allianc...
Views: 494   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 18, 2009 12:50am
by Liz Baird
Pawcatuck
I know it's a PIA, but can someone post these results when the come in? Rau is so terrible about providing results until weeks after the shows. TIA.
Views: 576   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 17, 2009 9:35pm
by Jenny
Over the Rainbow Bridge
On wensday evening our dear friend Harry the Lipman "Lip" took his walk over the bridge. Lip was our 13yr old yellow lab whom we bred.Lip was a beautiful lab who hated the show ring. He knew he was beautiful and didn't need ribbons to prove it. Equally beautiful was...
Views: 554   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 17, 2009 9:34pm
by kathy s.
Update on Jake
I was asked to post an update on Jake, my boy who had an inner ear infection. In the last two weeks or so, he seems to have finally gotten back the form he was exhibiting before he had the infection. It has been almost two months, and he NQed at the three hunt test...
Views: 522   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 17, 2009 1:24pm
by Susan Bonner
LRC of Greater Denver Judging Program CORRECTED...
The judging program for the upcoming LRCGD Specialty that was posted to our club website earlier had an error in the order of judging the color divisions in the Open classes. That's now been corrected, and the corrected program is here: http://www.kellyn.com/lrcg...
Views: 310   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 17, 2009 1:19pm
by Greg Lynch
LRC of Greater Denver - Judging Program
The judging program for the upcoming LRCGD Specialty has been released by the Show Secretary and posted to our club website, here: http://www.kellyn.com/lrcgd/2009judgpr.pdf We are anticipating another year of gorgeous weather, wonderful Colorado hospitality, a...
Views: 322   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 14, 2009 9:19pm
by Greg Lynch
Views: 332   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 17, 2009 9:51am
by marmoye@bellsout...
b
BOO!
HOWL-O-WEEN FUN STUFF
Fun pumpkin-carving LAB stencil: slide # 19. Go to: BHG.com/dogs Show your "LAB SPIRIT" at Halloween!
Views: 472   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 17, 2009 8:03am
by BOO!
w
Wendy
Progestrone testing
Just wondering if it is important to fast before testing. I usually fast but my girl got her breakfast by mistake...
Views: 251   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 17, 2009 7:32am
by labs
teeth?
does anyone with multiple dogs clean teeth? I've seen some stories of dogs being "dentally neglected" and that being used as one issue when rescue groups have "taken" dogs from breeders. I'm wondering what those of you with multiple dogs do about cleaning teeth....
Views: 301   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 17, 2009 6:23am
by wondering breede...
Anybody know what this might be?
The day before yesterday, I noticed a lump on my 20 month old boy's ear. It's on the floppy part, on the underside, and is quite strange looking. It's oval in shape, flat on top, is raised up about a quarter inch, is about the size of half a dime and is scabbed ove...
Views: 746   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 16, 2009 4:12pm
by Leave it Alone
Views: 291   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 16, 2009 2:24pm
by Jamie K
m
meg
black lab eye color
I had two black females in my last litter. One girl has a darker brown eye color and one a lighter brown eye color. Is one preferred over the other? Any feedback would be appreciated.
Views: 558   Replies: 10
Last Post: Sep 16, 2009 2:24pm
by LIL
So what's the big deal?
I wonder why this would make the news? Doesn't seem to odd to me! http://www.pawnation.com/2009/09/03/white-poodle-gives-birth-to-eight-black-puppies/?icid=main|aim|dl7|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pawnation.com%2F2009%2F09%2F03%2Fwhite-poodle-gives-birth-to-eight-black...
Views: 816   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 16, 2009 1:43pm
by Lois Lane
n
very sweet video & story
Thought that this is so sweet how the cat stays with them! Enjoy! http://www.urlesque.com/2009/09/11/young-couple-and-backpacker-cat-see-the-americas/?icid=main|main|dl7|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.urlesque.com%2F2009%2F09%2F11%2Fyoung-couple-and-backpacker-cat-see-...
Views: 275   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 16, 2009 10:39am
by newbie
Conversion Chart
Just curious if someone out there can supply me with a link to a 'human to canine' progesterone conversion chart. TIA
Views: 552   Replies: 8
Last Post: Sep 16, 2009 8:16am
by MikeM
AKC registration for imported dog
How does one go about applying for an AKC registration number for a foreign (non United States) born dog whose parents did not have AKC registration numbers? I've been searching the AKC site and can't seem to find the information and required form.
Views: 416   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 16, 2009 2:23am
by Doug
Shawnee Mission
Wondering what the dress attire is for Shawnee? Some specialties are very casual and others are a little more professional. Just want to get packing.
Views: 386   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 15, 2009 11:23pm
by Weather or not.....
b
bev
2 dogs looking for a new home
Is there a Snoops type site with an "answer" to the inter-net plea for 2 Labs seeking homes due to owners relocating? I have a friend that will NOT believe me that this is a hoax.....TIA
Views: 536   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 15, 2009 8:37pm
by anon
What is the best age to neuter a male Lab pup?
Hi, I would very much like to hear opinions on this subject. I have a nine month old male Lab - my first male - who was sold to me with a limited registration. I do plan to have him neutered, but it's a question of when! My vet says he can be neutered any time...
Views: 473   Replies: 13
Last Post: Sep 15, 2009 7:00pm
by Connie L.
b
bev
Major for Group 1
I've waited 2 wks plus to post this No advertising just a PROUD Mama braggin' On August 27th under Judge Marge Martorella at the Central Maine Kennel Club Show a male I co-own with his Breeder was Winners Dog / Best of Winners AND Best of Breed over a Special!...
Views: 780   Replies: 13
Last Post: Sep 15, 2009 7:00pm
by Leslee Pope
old poem
Lament of a Lady Who's Gone to the Dogs There was a time, there really was, When I was sweet and tender; When Show Dog meant a Disney Star, and bitch was not a gender. I went to bed at half past ten; I went to church on sunday; On Saturday I baked the...
Views: 221   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 15, 2009 6:57pm
by Sue @ Kilmaurs
Wish they came with growth curves
Out of curiosity, realizing different lines mature at different rates, what does the "average" lab shown for conformation weigh and how tall is it at six months? Dogs? Bitches? Will be interesting to see the range of answers. No agenda, just a hmmm, I wonder Sunday a...
Views: 459   Replies: 10
Last Post: Sep 15, 2009 5:09pm
by Look at the pare...
s
stinky
bedding for litter of pups??? how to keep the smell down?????
We raise our occasional litters in the house. We have tried pine shavings in the past and although they smell nice when fresh and absorb odors, they create too much of a mess in our home. We recently had a litter and are trying the shredded paper. It's nice becau...
Views: 707   Replies: 24
Last Post: Sep 15, 2009 4:34pm
by my my
c
CM
Before I was a dog Mom
Before I Was A Dog Mom Before I was a Dog Mom: I made and ate hot meals unmolested. I had unstained, unfurred clothes. I had quiet conversations on the phone, even if the doorbell rang. Before I was a Dog Mom: I slept as late as I wanted And never...
Views: 334   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 15, 2009 2:19pm
by breeder
Views: 470   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 15, 2009 10:48am
by Breeder
Poop Eaters
Does anyone know how to stop a dog/bitch from eating its own poop? I have a friend whose lab is 6 years old and eats its own poop. They gave it tablets for a while but when they ran out they never reordered. Is there anything strong they can either put in their foo...
Views: 398   Replies: 17
Last Post: Sep 15, 2009 9:35am
by Duals
g
Gail
Obama's Regulatory Czar
I remember the nomination of this animal rights person being discussed a few months ago, but I received a nice easy link from the US Sportsmen's Alliance to contact your Senators to ask them to block this nomination. You don't even have to look up your senators, the...
Views: 677   Replies: 16
Last Post: Sep 14, 2009 11:27pm
by misguided lab br...
Puppy Food
My pups are two weeks old and I still have not decided which puppy food to start them on. Everyone has a different opinion of which one is best. Suggestions I have gotten have been: Royal Canin Large Breed Puppy Blue Buffalo Puppy Eukanuba Puppy Have any of you...
Views: 509   Replies: 9
Last Post: Sep 14, 2009 11:06pm
by Connie L.
Puppy Strangles
I just recently learned of a puppy from one of my litters that is experiencing Puppy Strangles. He is 6 mos old and his owners first noticed significant swelling in his neck (my guess the lymph nodes?) and called me. I advised them to get him into the vet asap whic...
Views: 592   Replies: 14
Last Post: Sep 14, 2009 8:47pm
by 4 month-er
EIC degrees
Are there different "degrees" of EIC, like seizures? Do dogs who are going to collapse always collapse or can they just wobble,have intolerance to heat, pant etc? If a dog does collapse what are you supposed to immed do for them (before getting to a vet)? Thank you
Views: 498   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 14, 2009 12:38pm
by not a breeder
Re: Cedar Park for Pawcatuck
Just got off the phone with Cedar Park. They still have rooms available for the show and there will be NO extra charge for dogs if left in the car. I know this was a problem a few years back and many exhibitors probably have not returned for that reason but they...
Views: 372   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 14, 2009 10:20am
by Exhibitor
Surrender Indy Labs
Any new information on the surrendered Labs at the Morgan County, Indiana animal shelter? Update please.
Views: 694   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 14, 2009 9:46am
by Nancy Arbuckle
n
Sugar-Free Gum and Snacks Can be Deadly for Pets
Good read! http://www.pawnation.com/2009/09/08/sugar-free-gum-and-snacks-can-be-deadly-for-pets/?icid=main|main|dl3|link1|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pawnation.com%2F2009%2F09%2F08%2Fsugar-free-gum-and-snacks-can-be-deadly-for-pets%2F
Views: 248   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 14, 2009 9:30am
by newbie
suspect EIC test not accurate
I recently had one of my labs EIC tested from DDC, and it came back Affected. There is no way this can be true as this lab can run like the wind for long periods of time, and there has never been an incident or collapse. Also. no offspring have had EIC symptoms...
Views: 1147   Replies: 43
Last Post: Sep 14, 2009 12:50am
by have a collapser
Labrador Q
Hello, This will look like an advertisment, beleive me it isn't, I'm from Ecuador and received a post card from The Labrador Quarterly, it's like a mini order form, a picture of a black male name "ASHER" is the post card. Anybody knows who this dog is? What is...
Views: 589   Replies: 10
Last Post: Sep 13, 2009 11:54pm
by Foreign
Has anyone used this???
I found this home made solution of ear cleaner online, my vet also told me about it once. My only concern is, i read that if the dog has a scratch, anything in the ear, the boric acid can get in the scratch and do harm when it gets into the bloodstream? I would never...
Views: 682   Replies: 10
Last Post: Sep 13, 2009 11:13pm
by Remark
l
labs
Continental Air
I have used Continental Air out of Jacksonville, FL for years.(International Airport) Tried to book a flight for this week only to find out they have changed to express planes which can not accommodate animals. Only one flight out to Newark every day but it gets in...
Views: 395   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 13, 2009 11:00pm
by AA
Results from Berks
Anyone have results from the Berks County Show? Not on Infodog. TIA
Views: 269   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 13, 2009 5:09pm
by PA Results?
Lehigh valley shows
Congrats to Justin's sister Rose, Beechcroft Diva's Midnight Rose who went Winners Bitch and BOB at the Lehigh Valley Kennel Club today under Bonnie Threfall.
Views: 441   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 13, 2009 4:39pm
by Lab Lover
n
Interesting story re: cloning a labrador
Not sure if you saw this article yet... Thought it was interesting and would share... Enjoy! The labrador in the article is not a champion but thought I would ask the following: Can you clone a champion labrador and it would still be a champion? Just curious o...
Views: 402   Replies: 10
Last Post: Sep 13, 2009 3:31pm
by Cloned
Food for thought?
How many of us know dogs/bitches who have gotten their championships as puppies - but as adults don't qualify for breed standard! Ethical owners neuter the animal and keep it as a loving pet - however .....there are those who breed it - and in the crap shoot...
Views: 606   Replies: 16
Last Post: Sep 13, 2009 2:15pm
by Linda @ Staghorn
a
anon
PennHip and heat cycles
Perhaps there has been a thread on this before, but for those who have done PennHip, do you use the same caution in scheduling around a bitch's heat cycle in case of the hormonal impact relaxin might have on laxity? In talking with a PennHip vet, he said there is no...
Views: 1325   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 13, 2009 11:15am
by Anon
puppy replacement?
Not my dog but a friends. She placed a puppy to a very nice couple about a year ago. Never heard a word that puppy was having any problems. The lady seems to me like she might be a little too nice and sweet to question her vet more I guess? Says the puppy seemed to b...
Views: 626   Replies: 14
Last Post: Sep 13, 2009 10:48am
by Breeder
h
help
heartworms in spite of monthly preventative
I took my Lab to the vet today, and she was positive for heartworms. She was on monthly heart worm preventative, but still got them. Also a german shephard owned by a vet tech, was on Heartgard plus, and he was positive for heartworms, too. I do not understand...
Views: 873   Replies: 51
Last Post: Sep 13, 2009 10:44am
by Breeder
Supported entry at Carroll County Kennel Club
What wonderful weekend it was. The weather could not have been any nicer. The grounds just right. I wish I could have spent all my time at ringside but the show chair must be out and about to make sure the rings are all running as smoothly as the lab ring. Thanks...
Views: 293   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 13, 2009 10:39am
by Jeanne Charest
Shipping Semen on Weekend
I need a chilled shipment for Monday breeding - Tuesday will be too late. Does anyone know what companies do Sunday shipping? Also, what airlines do you use if your only choice is counter-to-counter? Thanks for your help!
Views: 435   Replies: 12
Last Post: Sep 13, 2009 10:37am
by Breeder
Breeding timing
I have a girl that ovulated yesterday (Thursday) so I'm doing a chilled breeding tomorrow (Saturday) 2 days after ovulation. I know they say that 2 days post ovulation is supposed to be the perfect timing, but I really wanted another breeding to make sure she's cover...
Views: 492   Replies: 13
Last Post: Sep 13, 2009 8:53am
by Just Breeder
l
Leeda
Judy DeBell (formerly Inverness Labradors)
As a follow up on the LQ Centerfold deadline that will be dedicated to Reign her love dog, does anyone know how to get in touch with her? I know she was very ill and went to live with her daughter. Surely some Florida breeders might know??? She would have so much...
Views: 731   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 13, 2009 8:23am
by Breeder57
fluid filled cyst base of tail puppy
Have a 14 week old puppy in for 3rd DHPP and exam yesterday. My vet gives a very thorough exam and found a small cyst at the base of the puppy's tail (underside) at about the 3rd vertebrae of the tail. He did a needle aspirate, drained fluid and the lump was gone....
Views: 285   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 12, 2009 8:42pm
by Lab Lady
OFA final results "what the H ?"
I bred and co-own a bitch with a great gal.......she did OFA pre-lims.....those were good / clear.......bitch recently turned 2 yrs old and finals were done............results were Good/clear.....which was what had been expected from the Ortho Vet that did the views....
Views: 1624   Replies: 63
Last Post: Sep 12, 2009 8:27pm
by Another bdr
WARNING for WI Breeders
This e-mail was forwarded to me today. These bills are coming up for a public hearing that they apparently are keeping under wraps. They sure make this hard for working people to attend these hearings. If anyone can go to speak for breeders that would be good. Sell...
Views: 374   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 12, 2009 7:00pm
by WI Breeder
Dana ONeill - need contact information
Regarding the cardiac clinic at PRLRC Thank you
Views: 216   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 12, 2009 2:33pm
by Chris Lapham
LQ needs input for "Reign" centerfold
The LQ comitted to doing the next centerfold on "Reign" (Balcroft Silonas Time To Reign), now can't get write-up info from anyone. Cammie contacted me because I bred to him, have pics on my website. I suggested maybe other breeders could submit a paragraph or two,...
Views: 658   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 11, 2009 6:20pm
by Jenny - Tealwood
SMLRC
Has anyone heard what the entry for SMLRC is yet? I know this show is typically slow getting numbers together but I hoping to hear something. Thanks to any club member who may have info.
Views: 474   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 11, 2009 3:41pm
by Michelle Lewis
The Breed Ring....
There was a discussion on this board back in August about showing as a hobby. I recently met someone who is showing "just for the fun of it". She is not a breeder and has no intention of breeding her dogs even though she got them on full registration. She is active...
Views: 952   Replies: 29
Last Post: Sep 11, 2009 1:37pm
by Perspective
OFA, PennHip and breeding stock
For the long time breeders that do clearances not to just pass but to breed better and healthier puppies. Have you switch - or complemented - from OFA to PennHip? Whatever your answer is, yes or not, Why? My point: PennHip is a quantitative and objective method,...
Views: 441   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 11, 2009 1:17pm
by Breeder
heaters for garage or kennel
What do people us to keep their kennels warm. I would like something that will keep it warm but not be harmfull to them with fumes or electicution(sp) Also with a thermastat TIA
Views: 451   Replies: 8
Last Post: Sep 11, 2009 11:57am
by Breeder Also
n
Another fun read!
Another intesesting article! Enjoy! http://news.aol.com/article/earths-priciest-dog-purchased-by-chinese/666000?icid=main|main|dl1|link5|http%3A%2F%2Fnews.aol.com%2Farticle%2Fearths-priciest-dog-purchased-by-chinese%2F666000
Views: 230   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 11, 2009 9:52am
by newbie
Dog Laws Life of Crime
You know with all of these dog laws that HSUS and PETA are passing before long all of the legitimate dog breeders (puppy mills seem to be exempt from many of these laws) will be forced into a life of crime. We'll be selling bootleg AKC registered dogs. We'll be st...
Views: 780   Replies: 17
Last Post: Sep 11, 2009 9:25am
by Michael Silva
d
DebiR
Puppies
We have puppies!! Its been 2 years since my last litter. Donut started at 8:30 last night, had her 7th at 6AM this morning,sonogram on day 30 showed 6, her waistline says more. I have been up for about 48 hours...I guess I will stay up a couple more just to make sure...
Views: 872   Replies: 19
Last Post: Sep 11, 2009 9:10am
by CM
scales to weigh puppies
what is the best scale to weigh lab puppies. Going to be having a litter soon and my old scale decided it is not going to work anymore. Please Help
Views: 319   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 11, 2009 1:04am
by Deb H.
Co-owns, Again !
Those of you that do co own, do you sell pup for the same price as the other pups ? Half price, give other breaks ? Usually ask for one or two pups back ? Pick first or more stud dogs. Would like to hear from some who have had good luck with this and have had several...
Views: 783   Replies: 17
Last Post: Sep 11, 2009 12:07am
by Nancy Rudgers
Have a question for ya'll about temperament testing [TT]
I'm noticing more and more *TT's* at the end of a dog's name on websites in the same place a title or certificate would be. It obviously means temperament tested. I have had temperament testing done numerous times at age 7 weeks on all pups in a litter by either...
Views: 343   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 10, 2009 10:47pm
by Deb H.
horners syndrome
our 12 year old was just diagnosed with horners syndrome. dr said is should resolve in time..anyone ever had it? did it resolve? thanks
Views: 367   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 10, 2009 5:45pm
by peggy Stevens
Actinomycosis...help!
I'm looking for anyone who might offer information, moral support and related outcomes of this type of bacterial infection. My friends 6 year old male is quite sick with this today. Temp. 105, fistula's draining...tomatoe soup like. Problem is mostly located in ja...
Views: 355   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 10, 2009 1:22pm
by RESEARCHER
PRLRC Judging Program
It's posted on Jim Rau!
Views: 527   Replies: 9
Last Post: Sep 10, 2009 1:12pm
by Linda@Staghorn
s
Sharon
Bravenet web sites
For those of you that use Bravenet as their web host, have you experienced any problems? I have used their "free package" for the past few years. Bravenet kind of forced us to upgrade last week as they were reducing the file storage on the free sites. As soon as our...
Views: 371   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 10, 2009 11:46am
by Sharon
New chocolate champion--shy owner
OK, I don't think any of us who know her would call Linda shy, but there is a new chocolate champion and her owner hasn't bragged. And man, oh, man did she finish with a BANG! :) Dear little Snap is now MBISS Am/Can. CH Nipntuck Snapdragon, owned and loved by Lind...
Views: 1066   Replies: 16
Last Post: Sep 9, 2009 10:03pm
by breeder Vet Tech
d
Duh
registration application
This is really stupid of me to ask, but if I have a litter and I am keeping one of the pups, which part of the back of the registration form do I fill out? I never know if I am doing this right and I find the form confusing. The top section is blue and is titled...
Views: 399   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 9, 2009 9:12pm
by Another breeder
n
Pooch Saves Boy Lost in Wilderness
Another great story with a happy ending! http://www.gnn.com/article/pooch-saves-boy-lost-in-wilderness/660171?icid=main|main|dl1|link5|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gnn.com%2Farticle%2Fpooch-saves-boy-lost-in-wilderness%2F660171
Views: 308   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 9, 2009 8:17pm
by anon
j
Jenn
Moderate Tricuspid valve dysplasia
Hello ... I recently had a puppy from clear parents , Have this problem called TVD . She was the only one from a litter of 10 with this problem . She wasn't the runt but was one of the smaller ones when she was born . Any one know or have had this problem ? Do...
Views: 1136   Replies: 25
Last Post: Sep 9, 2009 7:19pm
by Just wondering
Hyps again
I just want to learn, sorry: Father (excellent hyps) x Mother (excellent hyps), all the puppies are born with excellent hyps? Better yet: Father (fair hyps) x Mother (fair hyps), all the puppies are born with fair hyps? I have seen a lot of great producer...
Views: 593   Replies: 19
Last Post: Sep 9, 2009 12:17pm
by Breeder 30
h
HRLRC
Huron River LRC Specialty
Just a reminder that there is still time to enter the Huron River LRC Specialty (held on Friday, September 25th). Our entries don't close until 7 pm tonight. www.specialtydogshows.com Arden Shaw, Secretary See you there in our beautiful fall splendor!!!
Views: 246   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 9, 2009 11:54am
by HRLRC
b
Boomer
Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation
What is the prognosis? Our dog has this we found out Tuesday. We didnt know what was going on, he acted the same way as impacted anal glands
Views: 246   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 9, 2009 11:14am
by Anki in Sweden
Any results from the ALRC Specialty?
Any Canadians have a report from the specialty yesterday?
Views: 385   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 9, 2009 9:56am
by lab friend
what to feed pregnant bitch
What should you be feeding a girl that is going to be having puppies? I have increased her food but does anyone give any other supplements? Like Yogurt, Cottage Cheese, Chicken, liver etc? Dont' want puppies to small but not to big she can't deliver either.
Views: 304   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 9, 2009 4:48am
by Breeder
Medical Questions for a Puppy Buyer
Hi all, I am looking for any suggestions or help I can get on this subject. My friend, who has one of my dogs, called me to say her 6 year old neutered male Lab is in the Acute Critical Care Vet hospital. She is worried sick about her boy. He started vomitin...
Views: 491   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 9, 2009 3:37am
by Dianne Mullikin
34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
Free Forum powered by Bravenet