Start a New Topic 
37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
heat
my girl is in heat.... she seems a little lethargic... is this usual ... it's been hot out, but I have a separate AC for their sunroom where they hang out during the day, they can go in & out.... nothing else seems wrong... seems as happy as can be ....
Views: 360   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 27, 2009 8:21pm
by no oooppsss
Mini Labradors- need some help here !
I got an e-mail from a gal looking for a..um.. mini Lab . She said they are interesting to her and she wants one. She wants to know if I know anyone breeding them. I don't know anyone nor would I forward someone to them if I knew one existed. I simply don't agree w...
Views: 605   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 27, 2009 8:04pm
by Nancy Rudgers
r
rescue
two english labs available in Philly area -
This was forwarded to me today. The photo did not transfer with the article. Both are 3 yr old females/spayed. One is yellow, the other chocolate. NOt sure if they have contacted their breeder? We are moving overseas in just 2 weeks. Unfortunately, I have sti...
Views: 632   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 27, 2009 7:44pm
by Nancy Rudgers
h
Hello
Kelp
Has anyone used KELP. IF so, what did you think?
Views: 392   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 27, 2009 7:34pm
by Nancy Rudgers
grooming
I am new to grooming my lab and i was curious about how to trim the tail correctly. i would appreciate if someone could tell me
Views: 346   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 27, 2009 5:00pm
by Breeder
Greenville shows
It does not matter whether you liked, or dislike. It was nice to see on Friday that the Labrador Bitch went group 1 and then Best In show. Labradors are usally so overlooked that whether you agree or disagree, it is nice that Labradors, have recently been getting...
Views: 841   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jul 27, 2009 1:34pm
by Br5
r
rld
Pretty is as pretty does!
Members of the HRLRC had a great weekend at the Wolverine Retriever Club Hunt test this last weekend! Dauber (CH Wilcare Leisure Suit Larry) earned his second pass toward his JH yesterday, he's not riding the "short bus" anymore! Way to go Dauber Ruddy (CH Marj...
Views: 625   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 27, 2009 1:09pm
by Breeder
collecting my boy - question about the "tie"
I have been collecting my own boys for years. I usually have no problems getting the "goods", with or without a bitch. But I have an up & coming stud dog who cries when his bulb swells (esentially the tie). If I let go for a second, then resume, I get what I'm af...
Views: 441   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 27, 2009 12:32pm
by Sherry L. Anders...
Sweet story about 5 legged puppy
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2009/07/25/dnt.5.legged.dog.surgery.wcnc Glad this had a happy ending!
Views: 403   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 27, 2009 9:47am
by newbie2
Dwarf puppy
Does anyone have a picture of a dwarf puppy? Are they very obvious compared to normal pups? Anyone raise one? What is the outcome? Thanks.
Views: 728   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jul 26, 2009 10:15pm
by hummmm
What gets sap out of a coat?
Any suggestions for getting tree sap out of a coat ( back and ears)?
Views: 302   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jul 26, 2009 6:45pm
by OP
Yippeeeeeeee for Tilly
Yippeeeeeee for Tilly!!!!Its all about her, & how special she is......You go girl!!!!!
Views: 678   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jul 26, 2009 6:08pm
by Fingers-crossed
A RAY OF SUNSHINE
Tilly is a loveing, sensitive, happy, smart and very loyal girl. I know because I own her, her father Mason and they both have lived with me since they were puppies. It made me feel so good yesterday hearing that like her father,Mason, Tilly is also a BIS winner....
Views: 944   Replies: 21
Last Post: Jul 26, 2009 5:21pm
by Clearly Canadian
Pop Up weights?
Going to a show and taking my pop up. Last show I was at it got very windy. Would like to add some weights to the legs and perhaps some longer spikes to secure it into the ground. Any suggestions as to where to get the weights and spikes? Thanks!
Views: 375   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 26, 2009 3:05pm
by Jamie K
b
Bdr
Free Standing Water Spigot - Where to find?
We have access to water out back and would like to put a decorative free standing water spigot by the kennel. Can't find what we are looking for. Kind of a vintage look with pump handle or just something attractive. Maybe someone here is familiar with farm supplies/...
Views: 259   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 26, 2009 2:58pm
by Gregg
Congrats to Headgelawn!!
Congrats To Tom And Tambra for Finishing Henry today Under Breeder Judge Tracy Stizcum of Bottomwood Labs! Way to go Guys!!An Other Chocolate Champion!!!
Views: 609   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jul 26, 2009 10:25am
by Ann H
New Champion at Cornerstone!
At the supported entry today under Breeder Judge Barb Nowak, Cornerstones Merely Mira took a 4 pt major to finish and the frosting on the cake, went on to BOB out of open yellow. Mira finished with 4 majors. Congrats Sheeree Paskert and your beautiful girl Mira. And...
Views: 647   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 26, 2009 10:20am
by Exhibitor
CH Tabathas Renegade
does anyone know who owns this boy? contact information? i like what he is producing .
Views: 625   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 26, 2009 8:51am
by think4myself
EOLBA Specialty
Anyone have any results for today's classes? TIA
Views: 263   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 26, 2009 8:40am
by online
Glen Beck Discusses New Regulatory Czar Today
Glen Beck dedicated half of his show today to discussing Obama's new Regulatory Czar, Cass Sunstein. While I obviously knew his views on the man, it was interesting to learn more about Mr. Sunstein and what we have in store for us. It will be repeated later tonight...
Views: 565   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jul 25, 2009 11:12pm
by Well said
Unequivocal dx on echo
My 5yo lab had an echo which turned up a very tiny mytral valve regurgitation with faint murmur. Previous ascultations(sp) showed no issue and got Cardiac Clear at age 2. The doc marked it "unequivocal" meaning not known inheritance. Adamant it is not TVD, wrong...
Views: 547   Replies: 21
Last Post: Jul 25, 2009 9:54pm
by Charlotte K.
Congratulations to Tilly!
I didn't see anyone else congratulate Tilly's breeders and owner for going BIS yesterday at Greenville! Congratulations to all!
Views: 510   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 25, 2009 9:34pm
by Shannon
AKC hosts "Meet The Breeds"
This October the AKC is hosting a two day event called "Meet The Breeds" at The Javits Center in NYC. 160 breeds of dogs and over 40 breeds of cats. Each breed will be represented at it's own booth decorated to show the breeds purpose and personality. I'm curious if...
Views: 240   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 25, 2009 9:20pm
by think4myself
Lick spot
I have a (maybe) pregnant girl who has two lick spots. What can I use?
Views: 286   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 25, 2009 4:33pm
by labbylover19732
Snotty Nostril
I have a 5 mo old pup who has had a snotty nostril since yesterday-ONLY one side. Does not act sick, is not coughing, etc, but it is quite snotty. He does not seem uncomfortable. Has been playing outside a lot so I suspect a foreign body like a grass seed or somethi...
Views: 186   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 25, 2009 3:54pm
by CM
placement issues, need suggestions
I have placed a 2 year old female with a wonderful family but she is having issues that we cant figure out, hoping some of you might be able to help. She was born and raised here, she has been to shows and taken locally to nursing homes. Wonderful temperament, lov...
Views: 906   Replies: 32
Last Post: Jul 25, 2009 3:21pm
by Nancy Rudgers
Looking for an AKC Litter Reg Coupon - anyone have one to spare?
I'm online at AKC and realized I don't have an AKC Litter Reg Coupon. Anyone have one to spare?
Views: 356   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 25, 2009 1:36pm
by Jessica
cruciate ligament surgery???...HELP!!!
Our 1 year old lab/mix has a torn cruciate ligament. We were told she needs surgery. The options are extracapsular ligament repair or TPLO. Has any one had any success with a 52 pound year old active lab healing on its own??? If not, any suggestions on which of the...
Views: 393   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jul 25, 2009 12:21pm
by Jennifer
Canadian Breeders HST
Two Canadian provinces have just adopted a combined HST tax instead of the standard PST and GST that we used to have. It will take effect next July. My question is for breeders in provinces that already have HST combined tax is, do you have to charge any tax if your...
Views: 601   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 25, 2009 12:20pm
by Bad News
d
Diane
cruciate ligament injury- genetic?conformational? or conditional? help!!!!!!
hi guys I am having a problem with cruciate ligament injuries.I have two dogs which are sired by different sires although they go back to the same stud line gad about.There dams are half sisters as well.Do you believe this is genetic? a conformational flaw? or a cond...
Views: 755   Replies: 24
Last Post: Jul 25, 2009 9:45am
by kim
d
Diane
Conclusion to cruciate ligament injuries
Thanks everyone for there witt and comments.I think genetic and conformation is the same thing as if your dog has straight or bowed legs its both there genetic make up and thus conformational make up.I believe in the case of my three month old puppy that she was too...
Views: 371   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 25, 2009 8:33am
by Sampson Labs
f
Friend
Winners Dog today at Greenville
Congratulations to Melanie Smith for winning WD at Greenville today for a 4 point major from the Am Bred class with Mar-Moye Over and Under. Also called Parker. Great job Melanie.
Views: 670   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 25, 2009 7:07am
by Michael Silva
CUTTER
Cutter taught us life lessons and made us all better people. He did his job well. www.gingerbredlabradors.com
Views: 1262   Replies: 25
Last Post: Jul 24, 2009 11:58pm
by Robin
Don't blame the HSUS - blame agribusiness and the USDA
The reason we're in this legislative mess today, with new regulations popping up all over the country, has as much to do with the actions of agribusiness and its influence on the USDA as it does with the animal rights community. If the USDA had reasonable standards...
Views: 354   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 24, 2009 11:54pm
by No it is not jus...
Obama's HSUS Czar
This report is archived at http://eaglerock814.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=52 WASHINGTON (July 21, 2009) – Sen. Saxby Chambliss (R-GA) has lifted his “hold” blocking the nomination of Harvard Law School scholar a...
Views: 1244   Replies: 73
Last Post: Jul 24, 2009 10:41pm
by borrow and spend
Little Rock Show Entries are IN
Saturday 45 LABRADOR 14-29- 2-0 Sunday 46 LABRADOR 14-30- 2-0 3 point majors in bitches both days!!!
Views: 242   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 24, 2009 4:38pm
by brdr
c
CM
FDA RECALL OF PROPOFOL
http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm172474.htm Teva Pharmaceuticals USA issues a voluntary user-level nationwide recall of Propofol Injectable Emulsion 10 mg/mL 100 mL vials, lot numbers 31305429B and 31305430B . Contact: Denise Bradley denise.bradle...
Views: 460   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 23, 2009 7:09pm
by judy
SMLRC Specialty Info- PLEASE READ
Premiums for our show, September 19th & 20th, have gone out so everyone should be receiving them shortly. Also, we are e-mailing them to those we have e-mail addresses for in our database. That same weekend is a home football game for the University of Kansas. A...
Views: 385   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 23, 2009 6:15pm
by Michelle Lewis
Adirondak entries are posted
Not too bad but no major in dogs unless there's a cross over if the major holds the 3 days there is one in bitches. 8/5 18-26 (3-2) 8/6 15-29 (2-1) 8/7 19-26 (1-1) 8/8 20-37 (3-1) 8/9 21/32 3-1)
Views: 272   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 23, 2009 3:24pm
by Breeder
3 year old Ch but bad mom?
I have a Ch female that has every clearance she can get. Very sweet girl and gets along great with anyone and any dog. She had a litter and lost her mind. I saw a post from a few days ago that said calcium would help. The last litter after she was beating the puppies...
Views: 601   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 23, 2009 3:15pm
by Any help please.
j
Jan
Judge Change for Limestone City
To those heading to Rideau Acres this weekend - There has been an allbreed judge change: Mr. C. Gutierrez Perez is unable to fulfill his judging assignments and therefore Ms. Wendy Paquette will be taking over for him. Good luck to Everyone! And see everyone...
Views: 271   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 23, 2009 12:30pm
by Jan
Raw diets
I know many people use various forms of raw diets. Can you tell me the pro/con of these diets. My vet is totally against it, possibly because she sells expensive dry food. If you have had great results, what are you feeding and how much?
Views: 443   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jul 23, 2009 12:19pm
by Sampson Labs
Sentry- Natural Defense Flea and Tick Control
Is there anyone that uses this product on their Labradors? I am curious if you feel it works as well as Frontline or K-9 Advantix? http://www.kvvet.com/KVVet/productr.asp?pf%5Fid=60318&gift=False&0=product%5Ffamily%2Easp%2Cfamily%5Fid%3D1729%26Tree%3D%2CSentry%...
Views: 232   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 23, 2009 10:28am
by Just Curious
Business/Tax question
Do most breeders incorporate for tax purposes? Would having an LLC or S-Corp for your hobby/business seem too businesslike? Just looking for some guidance on what most of you do. TIA!
Views: 407   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 23, 2009 7:18am
by breeder too
Re: Wanted black male puppy
I have a very nice family that lives local to us in NJ that is looking for a black male puppy (we didn't have enough in our most recent litter) that will be approx. 8 weeks and ready to go home mid Aug to mid Sept. I know several of you have puppies that are ready to...
Views: 994   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 23, 2009 6:43am
by well
d
Diana
Kobe
Kobe information
Views: 961   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jul 22, 2009 11:39pm
by What is your iss...
Heidi at Paradigm, trying to email you
Sorry to ask here. Heidi, could you email me? AOL doesn't seem to like my ISP and sends my emails to spam/trash. Ooops, just saw the other thread... no, it's not about having a puppy available! Val
Views: 417   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 22, 2009 10:00pm
by Heidi@ Paradigm
Can severe illness cause heart problems?
Can an illness such as parvo or parvo-like viruses cause heart damage in young puppies?
Views: 279   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 22, 2009 8:53pm
by Yes
n
Mushrooms
With the rain soaked spring and early summer rain we have had in the NE, the mushrooms are growing like crazy. Does anyone have links to reference of photos mushrooms that can be very harmful?
Views: 408   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jul 22, 2009 7:32pm
by cthelabs
Update on Puppy Contracts from Last Week
FYI - Here's the update. My conversation with the potential buyer stating that I just couldn't let this pup go didn't go well. Here's what I offered: I would put her name on the dog (No money involved) and she could go to the shows and be part of the experience a...
Views: 363   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 22, 2009 4:06pm
by newbie2
n
Nancy
Obama's HSUS Czar - UPDATE
UPDATE July 22, 2009: WASHINGTON (Fox News) -- President Obama's nominee for "regulatory czar" has hit a new snag in his Senate confirmation process -- a "hold" by Texas Sen. John Cornyn, who's says he's not convinced that Harvard professor Cass Sunstein won't pus...
Views: 427   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 22, 2009 2:42pm
by brdr
Congratulations "Dauber"
Just wanted to give a big congratulations to "Dauber" BISS.AM.CH. Wilcare Leisure Suit Larry WC and Laura on earning Daubers first leg towards his JH. Good luck next weekend!!!!!!! Go Dauber!!!!!!
Views: 882   Replies: 17
Last Post: Jul 22, 2009 12:32pm
by Michele
Stormville Results
Does anybody know the results from this show? Infodog is just catalog.PLEASE
Views: 543   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 22, 2009 11:37am
by Sharon Celentano...
LRCC Banquet!
Just a friendly reminder to all who are coming in for the National and would like to attend the banquet on Saturday nite, August 8, 2009! If you would like tickets, please send an email to Laurie Thomson @ redbae@canoemail.com You won't want to miss all the go...
Views: 262   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 22, 2009 11:10am
by East Coast Girl
fish based food exp.
I was reading the thread on food and allergies below and some posters say that fish based diets are not good for the dogs. After the PP shredded I switched to the SS&S-should I look to switch again. Has anyone had bad exp. with litters on this or any other fish bas...
Views: 339   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 22, 2009 9:33am
by LRB
Get your entries in
There will be 5 days of breeder judges, entries close Wed-July 22nd. Wed.- Sharon Celentano Thurs.- Andrea Robertson Fri.- Linda Oldham Sat.- MaryAnn Czerwinkski Sun.- Sue Willumsen What a nice breeder judge panel! An MB-F show on infodog.
Views: 353   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 22, 2009 8:52am
by Bump
p
Piper
Litter makes girl "crazy"
Odd subject line I know, but that is the only way to describe what I am looking at. Five year old girl had her second litter last summer, I was hoping for a daughter for myself. Before that she was the calmest, most loving, fantastic little dog you ever met - a t...
Views: 781   Replies: 22
Last Post: Jul 22, 2009 8:46am
by bdr
A couple of pool questions
This is the first year I’ve let my four Labs swim in our built- in, vinyl lined swimming pool. To placate my DH and protect the liner, I purchased a special set of steps so they could get in and out without fear of their nails tearing the vinyl, and I’ve...
Views: 530   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jul 21, 2009 9:31pm
by MikeM
b
blcb
freezin the goods
I am in the thinking stages here My boy is almost 8 now and has plenty of healthy swimmers......but really want to save some for later on. Will I need to go a special repro Vet / Center? Some experiences, details of cost and success would be appreciated.. TIA
Views: 253   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 21, 2009 8:15pm
by blcb
w
Wormed
Panacur
Wanted to know where most people get Panacur to worm thier dogs. I have quite a few that I need to do and since I take them everywhere with me I like to do a wormer every six months or so. Also how do you figure out dosage? TIA
Views: 245   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 21, 2009 8:14pm
by anon
c
CM
Poisonous Mushrooms & Dogs - That time of year again
FYI & heads up for people in Colorado and other areas with similar conditions: Denver News E-Mail News Alerts Get breaking news and daily headlines. Browse all e-mail newsletters Related To Story Video: More Dogs Sickened By Toxic Mushrooms...
Views: 284   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 21, 2009 6:22pm
by CM
e
Elissa
Thank you everyone!!!
Thank you everyone for all of your help and support yesterday. I had a post about my girls temp drop for 3 days and nesting for 2. My girl Annie had her 1st baby at 6:55p.m. last night. She has 9 total 6 boys and 3 girls. She did a terrific job and all babies a very...
Views: 425   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 21, 2009 4:58pm
by Lab Breeder
Turn of Stifle
What do you think if an 8 week old puppy does not have good turn of stifle, will the puppy develop to gain more turn of stifle or will the stifle straighten more?
Views: 570   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 21, 2009 2:37pm
by Breeder 22
Judy Chambers #
I need to get ahold of Judy Chambers quickly. Does anyone have her cell phone number, or can you let her know to call me right away? Thanks in advance. My number is 248-969-6998.
Views: 590   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 21, 2009 2:29pm
by Laura Reich
c
Canuck
Allergen panel vs food change
We have a 6 year old bitch, who has within the last six months start licking and chewing her paws intermitantly. They look yeasty to me, no interdigital cysts the skin between the toes has a "rough" tongue like look. Have been to the vet have soaked feet in epsom s...
Views: 423   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jul 21, 2009 1:49pm
by Linda@Staghorn
Best place to purchase tepeworm meds
Hello. My Vet usually prescribes Cestex for treatment of tapeworm. Fortunately, don't need it often but thought I might search for the most economical place to purchase. Can I get without prescription? Please advise. Thanks!
Views: 188   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 21, 2009 12:08pm
by Liz Baird
p
Patty
nursing puppy
Is there any harm in letting a singleton puppy nurse longer than normal. Mom and puppy have an unusual bond, seems like they both enjoy it. Puppy is eating puppy food fine. Puppy is 6 weeks today, she doesn't nurse for very long and goes all night without nursin...
Views: 423   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 21, 2009 11:16am
by Cecilie
Opinions on movement
I have a 1-year old male who is pointed in the ring and has won specialty classes. Gorgeous head, coat, rear, etc.. Problem is, I'm not thrilled with his movement in the front - he's just all over the place with his feet. Of course as a geeky 1-year old, it's usua...
Views: 457   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 21, 2009 11:16am
by Anonanon
Small
Scenario - Very nice 7 month old male but on the small side. He's growing very evenly and looks like a little adult at this point. Would I be dreaming to hope he still has an another substantial growth spurt yet to come? I expect him to get a little bigger, but si...
Views: 452   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 21, 2009 9:48am
by Mini-Me
*Start over post* girl not eating well due whelp four days
I started this post over due to response...I suppose I should have been more specific with details of my girls situation. Been breeding for a while, not new to this...not looking for flames or bashing. I have a female who has not always been a good eater...very picky...
Views: 357   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 21, 2009 8:29am
by Sharon(WigWag)
d
DebiR
Ultrasound
What is the right day to do an ultrasound. 30 days from the first or last breeding? I can't remember!
Views: 374   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 20, 2009 11:36pm
by Tina @ Tyric
a
AG
DASUQUIN
Has anyone had any experience with Dasuquin (joint remedy)? Thanx.
Views: 291   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 20, 2009 10:08pm
by Judy
Re: Transporting Raffle goods
I have some beautiful planters coming as raffle items from the midwest to Redmond, Washington for the PSLRA Specialty next weekend. I'm wondering if anyone who lives closer to that general area, and is driving to our specialty, may be willing to transport them for m...
Views: 283   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 20, 2009 9:04pm
by Diane Sullenberg...
n
newby2
4mth old roaching back
I have a 4mth old male that just started roaching back, stiff rear movement. Checked out all pads, all normal. Vet's appt on Friday.. parents both OFA cert. Crating him now, but doesn't like it . Ideas? Thanks
Views: 387   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 20, 2009 8:35pm
by newby2
b
brdr
shipping semen internationally
I am trying to ship chilled semen from the US to Amsterdam. We tried to use Fed Ex but they say they can't ship semen internationally to the Netherlands as of 1/1/2009 because semen is listed as a regulated material. We then found a freight forwarder who agre...
Views: 291   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 20, 2009 7:15pm
by LAR
e
Erin
Houston results
typing from my phone.... Wd bailiwicks comeback Shane wb/bow karousels crystal belle bob ch. Brooks flyway em spirit of Texas bos ch. Salty dog of Tampa bay congrats!!!
Views: 498   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 20, 2009 3:52pm
by Stacey
e
Elissa
temp drop for 3 days nesting for 2... no hard labor yet
Hello, Its my girls first litter and her temp dropped 3 days ago and has stayed right around the 98.3 mark this morning it was 97.9 she started nesting yesterday morning and all night long all she did was scratch and nest and dig. She will sit up and pant for a while...
Views: 338   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jul 20, 2009 1:52pm
by Jackie, Black Sa...
LabraData LINKS!
The first phase of LabraData links is now online. All the organizations and clubs that have already been entered into the database as a result of submissions/pedigrees are listed. If your club or organization is missing, please let us know so we can add it to the dat...
Views: 245   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 20, 2009 1:35pm
by Rebecca Bailey
Stormville NY results
Results are not uip with Infodog.......Please does anybody have the results for this show? Appreciate it!
Views: 286   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 20, 2009 12:06pm
by Breeder
y
Yeasty
Yeast in Ears
Have a Bitch that is 4 years old. Seems to get Yeasty ear infections quite often. Gets worse in the summer months. What meds? or foods do you have your dogs on if they are prone to Yeast Infections. I think she is loosing some hearing in that ear from years of...
Views: 572   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jul 19, 2009 11:44pm
by Patty/Snowco
Windfalls Pipe Major
FYI Majors sperm is excellent Breeding's have produced numerous healthy-beautiful litters Ron is NOT hard to reach I have NOT received one phone call or message in reference to using Major I do have a family member in the hospital but will answer any and all cal...
Views: 887   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 19, 2009 11:33pm
by .
b
Bdr 1
Ground Up Flax Seed
Has anyone fed their breeding stock Ground Up Flackseeds over thier kibble and had successful pregnancies ? I remember some talk about flaxseed in some kibbles being thought to cause bitches to not get pregnant. To me that doesn't make any sense and so many kibbles...
Last Post: Jul 19, 2009 6:49pm
by Charlotte K.
m
Mentor
Charging more for show prospects?
I am mentoring someone who has been breeding for awhile, but is now wanting to "do it right" - showing, breeding for quality, etc... I'm having a hard time getting her to break her old habits though, and find that she's charging 50% more for the puppies she's sellin...
Views: 1031   Replies: 21
Last Post: Jul 19, 2009 5:31pm
by Partially correc...
New InGen Genetic Testing
Hello Wiscoy Forum members: Well, this has been an interesting weekend for all of us at InGen. Our announcement of the InGen testing platform change has been met with many comments. Some of these comments are happy with the change but mostly we have heard from eit...
Views: 462   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 19, 2009 2:28pm
by anon
Laugh Out Loud Funny (long)
Hope you don't mind my sharing this. It's long but it reminds me of the movie "Best In Show". I think we all might recognize at least one person in each category! It might be a good idea not to be drinking anything as you read this! "This is a very tongue in che...
Views: 527   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 19, 2009 1:57pm
by Pierry@Castlegar
LRC 2008 results in Lab Quarterly
Do they post the results of the nationals in the quarterly?
Views: 424   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 19, 2009 1:29pm
by MeeToo
RJ takes #12
Congrats to Joy, Diane, Deborah, RJ and anyone interested in RJ . . . . He earned his twelfth BIS this weekend up in the Northeast. Sorry I don't have more details!
Views: 594   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jul 19, 2009 12:05pm
by Fil
AKC coupon
I am looking for a AKC coupon code...please email if you have one! Thanks!
Views: 208   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 19, 2009 8:14am
by Louise Kling
c
Cali
doing your own microchipping
Looking into to doing my own microchipping. Where is the best vet supply to order them from? Also, what is the purpose of having your own scanner? Could you insert chips and have vet scan them upon exam?
Views: 445   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jul 19, 2009 7:12am
by valwhalen
Ingen adds EIC to their testing
Dear InGen Customers: EXCITING NEWS!!! International Genetics, Inc (InGen) is proud to announce the introduction of a new line of genetic testing that finally gives breeders a cost effective method of testing dogs for some of the most dangerous inherited gene...
Views: 699   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 18, 2009 11:57pm
by Rebecca Cook
Puppy Ties?
what do other breeders put on new puppies necks? What do you call those sqiggly things used for sewing? Thank you
Views: 682   Replies: 20
Last Post: Jul 18, 2009 11:26pm
by breeder
Dry/Brittle coat
I have an indoor girl who had a wonderful puppy coat, now that she's 13 months, her coat is very dry, lack lustre and brittle. She isn't currently getting any supplements. Should I be giving something to add some oils etc to her coat? She eats ProPlan Selects T...
Views: 391   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jul 18, 2009 7:06pm
by Clearly Canadian
Any results form Houston shows yet?
I don't know when labs show today. If anyone has time to post results from yesterday and today that would be wonderful. Cannot get info from Onofio for weeks
Views: 290   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 18, 2009 4:57pm
by Carrie
Madison shows
Re: comments about the Madison shows. I was not there nor did I have an entry, I write this strictly as a listener. When you have the majority of the entry it is hard not to be noticed. You pay yoour money and take your chances. To vilify Jen Howard for winning is...
Views: 1301   Replies: 47
Last Post: Jul 18, 2009 4:10pm
by carol a
"Fillers" on a handler's truck?
No flames, please. I'm thinking about sending my dog out with a handler to pick up his final five points (needs one major and room for a few singles). I have never sent a dog out before, but I just can't take the time to make the trips this fall that I wanted to...
Views: 1329   Replies: 42
Last Post: Jul 18, 2009 11:43am
by Yes
Houston Show
Lots of nice Labradors at the Houston show! I believe Salty Dog won Winner's ....new at this ... The judge was fast.... At one point there were several labs, yellow, black & chocolate on the floor...I was looking for a name in the book and looked back up and mis...
Views: 629   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jul 18, 2009 10:02am
by Jeanne Charest
j
Judy S
Found Yellow Neutered Older Boy in NE Ohio
I thought I would get the word out - my sister-in-law and her hubby have taken in an older light yellow neutered boy with great black pigment who has been wandering around their development for a couple of days. Looks to be a combination of field/show lines - long le...
Views: 363   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 17, 2009 10:20pm
by Judy S
Congratulations, to friend, Jim Russell...
I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate Jim Russell not only on his WB, BOW, and BOB win at the Rose City LRC Specialty, but for his success and part in the HySpire program. While Vonnie, Judy and Lisa are the face of HySpire (who work so incredibly ha...
Views: 755   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jul 17, 2009 9:19pm
by Michael Silva
Windfall Pipe Major
Wanted to know if anyone is still using him. I have tried many times to get a hold of owner and no return call. Is he still available? If not does anyone know of any of his Sons that are the same quality as Major that is either a By or Byc? TIA
Views: 1379   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jul 17, 2009 9:07pm
by WOWZER!
Has anyone ever heard of this before
http://chron.kaango.com/feViewAd/14856564 Have you ever heard of anyone putting an ad in the paper for a stud dog like the one featured above? Doesn't make sense... Not trying to start anything but found it odd that someone would advertise in the paper If you...
Views: 1193   Replies: 18
Last Post: Jul 17, 2009 5:32pm
by If you don't wan...
Progesterone test in home
Can anyone give me a little input. Hearing different pros and cons on the Target Progesterone Test vs Date to Mate from Camelot Farms. Getting ready to purchase, but would would like some advice! Any opinions! Claudia Rosen
Views: 459   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 17, 2009 3:44pm
by Claudia Rosen
"Missing" Teeth
I finished a bitch before she was two under breeder judges but had a hard time with some all breed judges because of dentition. My girl was missing the lower #1 pre-molar on each side. She has had a litter and is now three. The missing teeth have erupted. She now...
Views: 577   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 17, 2009 10:00am
by Linda@Staghorn
n
( wk picky eater
My 9 wk keeper puppy is starting to pick at her food... She will eat a little and then play a little and go back for more but not finishing it all. I'm feeding her 3 times a day 1 1/4 cup at each meal. It's been a while since I had a little one and looking for advice.
Views: 353   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 17, 2009 8:07am
by newbie
Dew Claw not correctly removed
We have a pup who had it's dew claws removed but something went wrong with one of them and the pup now has one clean leg and one with a malformed dew claw. Has anyone ever had this happen and what steps did you take? Did you have the malformed dew claw removed or did...
Views: 459   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jul 17, 2009 7:52am
by Nancy Rudgers
l
Lisa
in-flight kennel
I just had a puppy buyer contact me wondering if their 8 week old puppy would fit in the in-flight kennel. It measures 17"Lx12"Wx8"H. They are willing to drive up for the puppy, but this clearly would save them time and money. My puppies generally are about 15lbs...
Views: 401   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 16, 2009 10:34pm
by Linda Curpier
Mr James Covey what type of dog does he like?
I tried search on his name here and no luck. Just wondering what he likes in a Lab? Don't recall showing to him. Thanks in advance.
Views: 593   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jul 16, 2009 5:45pm
by Type???
Small litters
I have not had my first litter yet and won't for some time. Still learning first. In speaking with breeders regarding small litters this came up: How many of you believe small litters may be hereditary? If you had a bitch that consistantly produced small litt...
Views: 546   Replies: 19
Last Post: Jul 16, 2009 5:15pm
by Jackie, Black Sa...
new pipette for A-I's
There is a new pipette available to do A-I's. It's similar to the traditional 9" long rigid pipette with the push on coupler. This new one is 10" long but it is flexible (not stiff like the old one) and it has the push on coupler. The other good thing about this n...
Views: 687   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 16, 2009 3:33pm
by Greg Lynch
Arthritis medications
I am looking for suggestions for a substitute for Metacam. I am finding the cost to be prohibitive. I have a 12 y/o senior with arthritis. Thanks in advance.
Views: 246   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 16, 2009 2:44pm
by CM
s
Sally
Lakes Region Kennel Club
I see on both Rau's and AKC's website that they have canceled both shows for July 25 an 26. Does anyone know why?
Views: 343   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 16, 2009 2:31pm
by Sally
Photos from the LRC of Greater Boston Specialty are up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The proofs from the LRC of Greater Boston Specialty (June 11 and 12th) can be seen on the following link:http://www.mattallisonphotography.com/2009Breed/LRCGB/LRCGBmain.htm
Views: 671   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 16, 2009 2:21pm
by barb
b
blcb
Canadian Forum
Is there still a Forum , with Spotlight Dogs and chat?
Views: 338   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 16, 2009 9:59am
by CM
d
DebiR
Collar Advice
My sister's sister in law has a Yorkie. She had eye surgery Monday and stopped breathing. The vet inserted a trach tube! Now the little dog is back home but they have to watch her closely. She can't scratch at her eye and she has the hole from the trach tube. The eye...
Views: 425   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 16, 2009 9:57am
by CM
h
HM
ordering vaccines
What is the best vet supply for vaccines?
Views: 307   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 16, 2009 9:16am
by Bonnie Hall
Descended/Swolen abdomen - What would you do?
Would like feedback on which way you would go with this scenerio - 11 yr old male with loss of appetite for dog food (will happily eat boiled chicken) that has gradually lost 12 pounds over several months. Stomach appears descended and x-rays show abnormal shape in...
Views: 441   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 15, 2009 8:31pm
by Wendy Ernst, DVM
j
JanisG
AKC ACE Awards
I am so proud and excited to announce that one of my grand-puppies has been nominated for the 2009 AKC Humane Fund Awards for Canine Excellence (ACE). We all call her Miss Lillie and she is owned/loved/trained by Joanne Huntley. Her full name is Nat/Int CH, U-C...
Views: 470   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 15, 2009 5:59pm
by Sharlene
tear stains on a yellow
Does anyone have any way to get tear stains off a yellow coat? Thank you!
Views: 226   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 15, 2009 4:41pm
by Kel
Definition of Type
This term is thrown around a lot. My definition of "type" is a dog who, when you look at it, you have no doubt what breed it is. To me, the Tabatha labradors are "typey". Not overdone, not underdown. I'd like to hear other breeders' definition. I'm looking...
Views: 381   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 15, 2009 3:03pm
by Sherry L. Anders...
OFA Website Issues??
I was online doing some pedigree's and I always look up OFA. I was looking up a dog I thought had clearances and it said unknown other than a parent. On the breeders website it said he has clearances so I sent a polite email to them asking if they had any idea why...
Views: 523   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jul 15, 2009 11:33am
by From the OFA Web...
WC/WCX in Wisconsin Aug. 1
Badger LRC will be holding their working certificate/WCX certification at Dale Creek Gun Dogs on August 1. The premium is available on Entryexpress (www.entryexpress.net). Just do a search on Badger, and it will take you to the link. This will be a great prep for...
Views: 232   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 15, 2009 10:41am
by peggy Stevens
blood in semen collection?
It's late and of course I will call my vet but I wanted to see if anyone has suggestions on what could have caused blood in a collection? This is a 2 year old boy who has never been collected, to the best of my knowledge. My girl is finally in season and I ha...
Views: 260   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 15, 2009 9:07am
by LAR
Shipping chilled semen for a surgical
What does your vet recommend? How should the semen be prepared, packaged and shipped for a surgical? Do they recommend spinning it, or will they want to spin it? Is there a preferred extender for a successful surgical?
Views: 237   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 15, 2009 7:10am
by Gregg
Re: Congrats Anne Maynard and Tina Barks!
Congrats ladies on your great wins back in MD today Anne (Kimleigh Labradors) took Best Opp Sweeps with her beautiful boy Newman ("hello" Newman LOL) and Tina's (Bellewether Labradors) beautiful girl Karma took WB and Best of Breed!! Good luck in group! greats wins,...
Views: 668   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 12, 2009 3:36pm
by Congratulations
English Lab blows entire undercoat, what's wrong?
My English Lab (8yro male) has blown his entire undercoat. And he HEAVILY sheds in the house, not normal. Andy has mild skin allergies. This is not related to this problem. I've never seen this in an english. A month ago Andy was running all around the Dog par...
Views: 534   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 15, 2009 12:18am
by Nancy Rudgers
j
Jill
WISCOYS MIDNIGHT TRAIN,SH
You guys know that I don't often post brags, etc...but this one I have to share... Who says these show bred dogs can't hunt?? I want to send a HUGE congratulations to owner Fred Hallet and WISCOYS MIDNIGHT TRAIN,SH for earning Diesel's first pass on his Master H...
Views: 824   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jul 14, 2009 10:28pm
by Nancy Wolston
shipping cost?
Does anyone have a rough estimate of the cost of shipping an adult dog right now? I'm fairly certain Continental is the only airline that will fly a dog with the heat restrictions right now but I *think* they are all pretty close in price.
Views: 295   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 14, 2009 7:27pm
by Sampson Labs
PRLRC supported entry at Carrol County KC
There are no Sweeps at the Carroll County KC supported entries on September 5 and 6. Heather Johnson is listed as a sweeps judge on the Wiscoy specialty site. The PRLRC is very pleased that Heather is judging Sweeps for us at our supported entry at the Providence Co...
Last Post: Jul 14, 2009 6:45pm
by Jeanne Charest
Posting to this Forum
Oh my Good Lord ! WHAT a weekend of posts, people! Can we not all just be positive and check the jealousy, negativity, sniping, rampant speculation et al at the door? Congratulations to all the owners who had dogs place at the shows this past weekend - owner h...
Views: 722   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 14, 2009 6:36pm
by Jeanne Charest
co-own terms
What have some of you done on co-owns with bitch puppies that you do not sell as in no money up front? 2 pups back or more?
Views: 561   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 14, 2009 5:42pm
by anon
Paws up: All-pet airline hits Airways!!!!
Paws up: All-pet airline hits airways! NEW YORK – One trip for their Jack Russell terrier in a plane's cargo hold was enough to convince Alysa Binder and Dan Wiesel that owners needed a better option to get their pets from one city to another. On Tuesday,...
Views: 260   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 14, 2009 5:36pm
by Wonderful
Jake and bubba guns
Several people asked me to post how Jake did in his first MH test. Remember that Jake was the guy with the inner ear infection who was falling over when we let him out to retrieve. Antibiotics have done well for Jake, but he is probably not quite 100% yet. Well, I...
Views: 524   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jul 14, 2009 4:58pm
by peggy Stevens
Views: 351   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 14, 2009 4:36pm
by southland breede...
a
anon
Tapeworm med question?
Fleas are really bad this year. Is there meds out there that I can give my girls for tapeworm that are safe if they are in whelp or nursing?? I am looking for something I can order and administer, so I don't have to take the whole clan back to the vet. What does ever...
Views: 397   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jul 14, 2009 3:54pm
by Twin Maples
b
Bdr
Pet Airways
New airlines for animals only. Saw where the first month of service completely booked. Anyone checked into this? May be good way to ship puppies??
Views: 263   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 14, 2009 3:30pm
by Mary S from Stil...
Any West Palm Beach Lab results?
Here's hoping someone has results. On vacation and would love to hear. Thanks
Views: 1085   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jul 12, 2009 11:10pm
by Carol´s Fan
LRCC NATIONAL FINAL CLOSING DATE!!
Just sending a final reminder that the LRCC National entries close tomorrow!! Wed July 15 @ 9pm CST! THE FINAL CLOSING FOR THE LRCC WC IS ALSO THIS WED JULY 15! Please go to the website for the PL'S AND ENTRY FORMS! http://www.lrccnational2009.com/ Al...
Views: 277   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 14, 2009 1:45pm
by Michelle Delalia...
My Mistake
I just wanted to clarify something that I wrote on an earlier post from last night under the "Madison, OH Shows" thread..... I talked about how this forum is "a means for gossip, lies, ignorance etc etc..." I should have said that there are good people on this foru...
Views: 1114   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jul 14, 2009 12:56pm
by Kelley
Southhaven results
Any news?
Views: 184   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 14, 2009 12:16pm
by Donna
Escape artist
I have my dogs in the yard - approximately 1/2 acre, fully fenced, 4+ feet high - and they never escape ... until now. I have one year old male that likes to leave over the gate (tubular metal with mesh bottom leaving a 10 inch gap between top of gate and top of mes...
Views: 326   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 14, 2009 8:48am
by CM
Sentinel
Has anyone used this product? Pros versus cons?
Views: 336   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 13, 2009 9:17pm
by Christine
Madison Ohio
WD Jen H RWD Jen H WB Jen H RWB Jen H BOB Jen H What a riot!
Views: 2001   Replies: 64
Last Post: Jul 13, 2009 8:51pm
by anon
Arkansas Kennel Club Show w/ Lab Judges
Good Day to all, The deadline for lab entries for the Arkansas show in Little Rock draws near ( July 22 ). We hope to have a great entry , last year we had a total entry of 43 labs . The largest entry in the show! There seems to be as much or more inter...
Views: 420   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 13, 2009 8:30pm
by Mike Hamilton
ate some ivory soap
going to call vet but .. does anyone have any experience with their lab eating some ivory soap? Your advice will help
Views: 326   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 13, 2009 8:24pm
by newbie3
%'s with Optigen
Just wondering if like the Color Genetics if Optigen has percentages of A's B's and C's from breeding 2 B's for instance? Like to know with a B and a C as well????????? TIA
Views: 455   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 13, 2009 5:05pm
by Genetic testing
a
Alayne
CA family looking for house trained adult yellow to love
I have been contacted by a family that lives in the Napa Valley just north of San Fran and they are looking for an adult yellow to love and have asked me to assist. The dog must be housebroken and crate trained. They would prefer it between the age of 1-3 years bu...
Views: 412   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 13, 2009 1:46pm
by CM
Rose City???
Any results for the 2nd day?
Views: 700   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 13, 2009 12:13pm
by Cecilie
best food for 9 week old puppy
I have been told that Evo, which I thought would be good for my puppy because it has a lot of protein and an adequate amount of fat, is in fact not good because it doesn't have enough carbohydrates so that the puppy will actually burn up her own muscle mass to create...
Views: 321   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 13, 2009 7:39am
by why
Selling pet puppy with pre-existing condition unintentionally
I had my second litter go home two weeks ago. A few of the puppies had a lot of tear stains. They were examined by my vet and no problems noted. Eyes and lids looked normal. A few days before going home one had very weepy eyes and a lot of tear stains. I let him go h...
Views: 607   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jul 12, 2009 8:37pm
by Entropion here t...
f
Fi1
Panno
Any suggestions for a 5 month old with panno?
Views: 406   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jul 12, 2009 3:20pm
by my exp.
Coccidiosis
Looking for schedule and medication from other breeders that have learned how to control coccidiosis in their pups. It seems every litter we have and outbreak around 4-5 weeks old. I use Baycox but they still seemed to get it or maybe I do not start it eary enough,...
Views: 647   Replies: 23
Last Post: Jul 12, 2009 12:08pm
by Breeder
a
Aquila
hip rating dogs for Europe
To anyone who can help. I need to have a couple dogs' hip scored in England v. OFA here. They are both 18 months. Can someone advise me how to get neeeded info and what do I have to do with my Vet to have films submitted to UK for eval. and scoring Couldn'...
Views: 237   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 12, 2009 5:01am
by Sasha
i
IN FL
Major in West Palm Beach, FL MAY Not Hold
For those attending the West Palm Beach, FL dog show next weekend, and needing only majors, it may be of interest to know that due to unforeseen circumstances, there is a bitch that is entered that WILL NOT be attending. I was advised this afternoon and asked to let...
Views: 770   Replies: 22
Last Post: Jul 12, 2009 1:02am
by Sue @ Kilmaurs
1 pup in litter eyes not open at 19 days
I am concerned about 1 pup in litter of 6. all other puppies ayes are open his are 1/2 way. i have never seen this should i be concerned
Views: 400   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 11, 2009 11:34pm
by Jackie, Black Sa...
1yr old made dies from being nuetered
Very Sad Day!!!!Had a puppy owner from my last litter just take her 13 month old male in to be nuetered before they moved out of state (wanted to use her doctor she had always had) Picked him up that night(same day as surgery) to take home. Was quite out of it stil...
Views: 1054   Replies: 34
Last Post: Jul 11, 2009 7:00pm
by Ask questions
madison Ohio show results for Sat ??
any news of winners??? thank you
Views: 390   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 11, 2009 5:18pm
by Jen L
Litter Coupon
I have a litter coupon code up for grabs. It doesn't expire until 7/20/09. I only ask that you reciprocate w/ me when you get yours.
Views: 240   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 11, 2009 3:06pm
by Breeder
Looking for Info
Does anyone have any information about Van Dalen Labradors in Canton, Georgia. I have an acquaintenance looking for a pet yellow puppy bitch and they asked me about this kennel. I am not familiar with them.
Views: 700   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 11, 2009 3:06pm
by Anon 2
Avid / Petplan pet insurance supports HSUS
From a friend: When I recently registered my AVID Chips I received a Brochure on their Pet Insurance which looked like a good deal until I read the fine print Section" Help pets less fortunate then yours - when you purchase a Petplan policy, you're not j...
Views: 249   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 11, 2009 1:26pm
by take action!
TPLO, major complications, need experienced advice please
I have not dealt with TPLO, torn cruciates, leg surgery before. I am looking for some advice on whats normal, and whats not. Without going into too much detail (please ask any questions you like for additional info) - Boy tore his cruciate several months ago....
Views: 488   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 11, 2009 12:48pm
by my exp.
Nursing mom and loose stools
We have a girl with two week old puppies. Mom has loose stools - they've been somewhat loose a few weeks before she had the pups, and things haven't gotten much better. (She had a c-section, fwiw) Anyway, we've tried chicken and rice, canned pumpkin, fastrack, D...
Views: 335   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 11, 2009 12:17pm
by Patty/Snowco
SMELLY DOG - HELP.
Without going to to enormous detail, I have a 6 yr old Yellow Male who is very stinky. A strong yeasty, almost obnoxious odor. The vet's have tried various and sundry forms of antibiotics and other meds to no avail. Using different foods as well. Shampooing...
Views: 390   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 11, 2009 9:27am
by Earthsea
m
mcs
cheaper eats
I live in Mass.and I feed Merrick B.G. to my six Labs.It is pricey,I buy it from a local feed and grain store to the tune of $200 per month.Does anyone from Mass.or anywhere, know of another way to buy high quality dog food at a more reasonable price? Thank you!
Views: 476   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 11, 2009 8:49am
by blcb
CERF
I just drove a 4 hour round trip to take 3 dogs to get CERF eye exams. My next closest choice is a 6 hour round trip. This seems crazy to me. My question is "how far do you have to go to find a Board Certified Ophthalmologists?"
Views: 427   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jul 11, 2009 12:15am
by newbie2
j
JRP
Re: Rose City Sweeps and reg
what were results today? anybody know who did what in sweeps yesterday and today?
Views: 353   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 11, 2009 12:10am
by JRP
c
Carrie
San Antonio results Friday
Judge Jim Noe, major held in dogs: WD: Maidstone Edlyn Naeco Clownfish RWD: LegaSea's Steer Clear, JH Congrats to co-breeders/co-owners Erin McClurg Webster and Diane McClurg, co-breeders Jayson and Candice Moore, and owners David and Lisa Sayler on "Nemo"s s...
Views: 538   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 10, 2009 9:25pm
by Jamie K
Fleas
Does anyone happen to know if Houston is having a flea infestation? I use Frontline Plus on my dog but it seems like it's not working or we've just got lots of fleas this summer... It's very hot here .... Does anyone have any helpful suggestions? Can I use anythin...
Views: 361   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jul 10, 2009 9:00pm
by Jackie, Black Sa...
RCLRC RESULTS
BISS ~ Can CH Nipntuck Snapdragon, owned by Linda Maffett and Buffie Gonzales. BOSS ~ Arlon HySpire Bohemian Ink, NEW CHAMPION, owned by HySpire gals. BOW ~ Can CH Nipntuck Snapdragon WD ~ Arlon HySpire Bohemian Ink RWD ~ Mainland HySpire Smarty Pants, o...
Views: 733   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 10, 2009 8:33pm
by Curious
Gonadotropin GnRH
Has anyone used this hormone? (stimulates pituitary hormone assoc. with ovulation and should produce more ripe eggs) If so what else did you use along with it to help produce a larger litter. At what point did you give it (at LH?) and how many times? Was the b...
Views: 381   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jul 10, 2009 7:20pm
by Need Info Please
j
jen l
Handlers and heatstroke
The woman (Mary) who is getting charged with 7 counts of cruelty deserves what she gets.... I do not believe that she meant to do it, but i dont feel sorry for her. As someone mentioned before, handlers work 24/7, 365 days a year. I find great offense in someo...
Views: 1172   Replies: 35
Last Post: Jul 10, 2009 7:04pm
by Potomac Exhibito...
How many
Do you think that having 3 litters in less than 9 months is too many?
Views: 1016   Replies: 44
Last Post: Jul 10, 2009 5:22pm
by Breeder two
Huge litter due
I have a 12-13 puppy litter due in a few days. I would welcome the advice of some of the pros. Would suggest allowing her to have them herself or section her? She has had 2 litters both 6 pups and very easy delivery both times. This is her last litter and...
Views: 861   Replies: 20
Last Post: Jul 10, 2009 5:09pm
by Breeder
michael - waiting patiently
Michael I would sure love to see a post from you! I really do enjoy reading them! Really puts a smile on my face!!!
Views: 584   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 10, 2009 11:05am
by newbie 3
g
Gail R
Congrats in Texas
Big congratulations to JOY Q for putting 3 point majors on littermates, Cactus Kids Golden Bear and Cactus Kids Dirty Birdie, owned by my son Michael. Birdie needs 3 singles to finish. Sorry, I don't know who took Breed.
Views: 593   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 10, 2009 9:20am
by Fil
Pro Plan Large Breed Puppy
I know this has been posted before, but I can't remember. How many use Pro Plan Large Breed Puppy food for their pups 8 weeks and older. Likes, dislikes?
Views: 449   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jul 10, 2009 8:56am
by Breeder
p
PHA
PHA members
In light of recent threads, here is a link: http://www.infodog.com/misc/pha/phamembers.htm
Views: 242   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 10, 2009 6:35am
by PHA
l
Laurie
Switching from Front Page to Dreamweaver
OK, this may sound like an incredibly stupid question, but here goes... I currently have Front Page 2002, and am having some problems with it. I never switched to Dreamweaver years ago like I was planning, but may do so now. Anyway, if I do get Dreamweaver, and downl...
Views: 381   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 9, 2009 11:36pm
by Sharlene
Ear Sucking........
Does anyone know how to stop my 5 month old pup from sucking on his littermate's ears ?? If I am watching.... he never does it........I hate to separate them completely.......but her ears are becoming all stained (she is yellow). He actually slerps her whole ear in...
Views: 419   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 9, 2009 11:18pm
by Lab Breeder
Ch. Carpenny Walpole
Yesterday the great Ch. Carpenny Walpole passed away. Our heart is now with Penny Carpanini. Walpole has been one of the most influential Labs in Europe in the last decade. He was a succesful combination of English and American bloodlines and his legacy will continue...
Views: 635   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 9, 2009 10:44pm
by Tiffany
can pups get parvo from vaccine?
I vaccinated my 6 week old litter for parvo this morning and one of the pups this afternoon has the squirts. Looks like brown water. Is it possible this could be from the vaccine? Or Coccidia by coincidence now?
Views: 467   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 9, 2009 8:22pm
by been there
Views: 237   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 9, 2009 6:31pm
by Breeder
w
Win
San Antonio
Anyone know who the winners were today? Thanks
Views: 254   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 9, 2009 3:10pm
by bob
LRCGB Win Photos
A month since the show and the show photographer still doesn't have them on his site. Is this normal for this photographer?
Views: 422   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 9, 2009 1:59pm
by Dear Disappointe...
n
Placing a boy on limited registration
I wanted to ask what most tell pet folks about spaying their puppy boy? I know vets tell folks here in the NE at about 6 to 7 months,placing on limited registration I want to offer my opinion on this, I would think waiting until 1 to 1 1/2 years of age is the way to go?
Views: 432   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 9, 2009 1:21pm
by 12 months +
l
LAR
puppy buyer from Canada
I sell all my puppies on limited registration with AKC. If I fill out the puppy registration, have the buyer fill out their section, and send it in myself to AKC, can't the buyer still register the dog elsewhere? Can't the pup be registered in Canada or CKC (Cont...
Views: 429   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 9, 2009 1:16pm
by caution!!!
c
Cathy
Long hair gene
I'm trying to figure out how I managed to be "in the breed" for 20+ years and never heard about the long hair gene until the last year or two. Since I know at least one prominent sire carried the gene I'm wondering if producing a long hair puppy is akin to a black...
Views: 1102   Replies: 26
Last Post: Jul 9, 2009 10:08am
by genetics
p
Polly
Cool Boy
Can you offer recommendations for keeping a hot-natured boy cooler while in his wire crate while traveling? This is for the guy that seeks out a cool tile floor in the air-conditioned house. Has one of the canine cooling pads worked for you and/or is there a safe...
Views: 499   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 9, 2009 8:09am
by Polly
b
Beth
Favorite judges
There's recently been threads discussing knowledgable Lab judges that don't look up the lead first & actually know type....who would be some respected favorites?
Views: 761   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 9, 2009 7:33am
by Bluesouth Labrad...
He just won't come back
I've have researched old post on this forum and have found some great suggestions for my problem but would love to hear some suggestions from all of you. I have a two year old (to smart for his own good) boy that when let out of his kennel run into the open field...
Views: 611   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jul 9, 2009 12:44am
by color blind
epilepsy, mode of inheritance and our breeding program.........
Looking for some thoughts on this subject and our personal story. Had a lovely bitch from overseas. Well known pedigree and breeder. Bred her three times in 2 1/2 year period after her show career was over. She was then spayed and went to live with a family....
Views: 754   Replies: 34
Last Post: Jul 8, 2009 11:57pm
by 2 seizural dogs
Tums for calcium
For those of you who give tums to their girls while whelping a litter for the added calcium, would the mint flavored Tums be all right. Usually I give the fruit flavored but didn't know if they could have the mint flavored.
Views: 303   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 8, 2009 10:51pm
by Sampson Labs
Shawnee Mission LRC Specialty
Hello, We invite you to the Shawnee Mission Labrador Retriever Club's back-to-back Specialties Saturday & Sunday, September 19th & 20th, at Douglas County Fairgrounds in Lawrence, Kansas. We have a new Show Secretary this year and everything should run smoothly!!...
Views: 314   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 8, 2009 10:48pm
by MeeToo
Sweepstakes?
Can someone explain what the Sweeps are in a conformation show? Is there any reason to put your dog in sweeps rather than an open class? Is the sweeps for points? Thanks for any info as I am new and will be going to my first specialty show soon. I tried google but c...
Views: 260   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 8, 2009 9:41pm
by New to Shows
1st signs of pregnancy
What is your old standby 1st sign of pregnancy and when do you expect to see it? Is it different for first time moms , then experienced?
Views: 396   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 8, 2009 9:37pm
by Laurie
j
Jen
DOES ANYONE USE: Pet Alive Skin and Coat Tonic??
Has anyone used this for allergies and had success? Most reviews I have read are positive... Please share your story! -jen
Views: 245   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 8, 2009 8:39pm
by Jen
Stolen Labrador
A 4 month old black female Labrador puppy along with 2 other dogs were stolen from a Lawton, Oklahoma home. The police will not help because it is a case for Animal Control. If anybody knows of any other incidents in this area or have any information on stolen dogs...
Views: 739   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 8, 2009 7:22pm
by Jennifer
Small Justice for 7 dogs dead from heatstroke in St. Louis
News reported today that Mary Wild will be charged with 7 counts of animal cruelty in the deaths of 7 show dogs that she handled. 7/8 dogs died of heatstroke after returning from a show and leaving in a van where they temperatures inside the van were as high as 125...
Views: 1249   Replies: 54
Last Post: Jul 8, 2009 7:14pm
by an inconvenient ...
Congratulations to Folklaur
Big congratulations to Laura Dedering for her Posey's nice win at the Sarnia KC yesterday! Posey (Folklaur the Secret Garden) went Winners Bitch, Best Of Winners, and Best of Breed for five points! But that's not all! She then went on to win Sporting Group 1st wit...
Views: 724   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jul 8, 2009 6:25pm
by Sharon Celentano...
Breeding Opt A to B
I am getting mixed feelings from other breeders on this subject. Breeding a Opt A female to an Opt B male. Any problems or opinions on the subject? Thanks
Views: 467   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 8, 2009 6:22pm
by Abe
d
DebiR
Flea/Tick Product Safe for Pregnant Bitch
I know this has been brought up before but I can't find the thread. What flea/tick product is safe to use on a pregnant bitch? I don't really like breeding this time of year but my bitch finally came back in season...everyone is due for their monthly preventative...
Views: 214   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 8, 2009 3:56pm
by Northrunner
u
UKC
the other Lab Standard used in America
http://www.ukcdogs.com/WebSite.nsf/Breeds/LabradorRetriever
Views: 900   Replies: 57
Last Post: Jul 8, 2009 1:05pm
by UKC Standard
Stud dogs to shorten length of back & loin
I would love to hear others recommendations on what stud dogs are good candidates if one wants to shorten length of back and loin on their bitch. I would ideally like to use a chocolate or Bc boy, but am not opposed to any color if it's the right dog.
Views: 1171   Replies: 25
Last Post: Jul 8, 2009 9:08am
by ANON, Again
Bitch
How much would you say a Ch Bitch, 3 years old, can be?, how do you value the price, how many litters she will have, titles, blood lines?????? Great pedigree.
Views: 752   Replies: 17
Last Post: Jul 8, 2009 7:39am
by lessons in life
Elbow Guarantee
How many of you are offering a guarantee on elbows on pet puppies? I used to until the vet that does my OFA stuff told me that elbows are easy to injure in dogs that are running, hunting, etc. and that the World Elbow Congress advises elbows be cleared at 12 months...
Views: 536   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jul 8, 2009 7:32am
by Hopbrook
Cancer "treatments"
Hi all, I have a friend whose lab mix was just diagnosed with malignant melanoma. She had a small growth removed from the dog's leg and had it tested. So far, her dog is fine, not sick at all. But she needs some information about diet, supplements, etc. that mi...
Views: 331   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 7, 2009 8:03pm
by Tiffany
HERE YE HERE YE....COME ONE COME ALL
Actually, I slitting my own throat by telling you to come...but I love lots of lab people. Greenville SC show closes tomorrow with these judges: Dr. Steven Herman Manuel Queijeiro Barbara Nowak This is an AB show!! Nice judge line up. Okay, if you come...
Views: 512   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 7, 2009 6:39pm
by Melanie
another reason for collapse
With all the interest in EIC and epilepsy, I though it might be good to describe a recent experience I had with one of my dogs. Jake was at the trainer's last week, aired in the morning- fine. When he was let out to run some marks, he scrambled wildly out of his cr...
Views: 497   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 7, 2009 3:38pm
by Judy S
n
Novice
dog got his CH..which class next day?
Say at a four day show circuit a dog or bitch receives their championship can they still enter in the regular classes? Or are they automatically bumped up to BOB?
Views: 420   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 7, 2009 1:32pm
by Godivalabs
The Kennel Club Lab Standard
http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/cgi-bin/item.cgi?id=109 This link is for the English Standard. There are a lot of threads where we argue about the AKC Standard. I was thinking it would be fun to analyze this one. My preference would be NOT to discuss the likeli...
Views: 433   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jul 7, 2009 9:41am
by UKC Standard
?
?
Martha's Vineyard--pet friendly
Anyone know of any cabins or cottages for rent in this area? I tried to google but only came up with hotel type places. Thanks!
Views: 254   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 7, 2009 8:21am
by rld
l
Lori
Security Cameras
I am interestined in purchasing a security camera system with nightvision for my outside kennel and was wondering what most people use, the cost & how reliable they are. Probably hooked up to a DVR/computer. Thanks.
Views: 431   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 6, 2009 10:39pm
by Stacy @ Beulahla...
Dallas Result
If anyone could post Dallas results this weekend-Thanks
Views: 556   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jul 6, 2009 9:38pm
by jen l
midwest majors
Now we breeder/exhibitors need to get together and build majors that hold again ( ie-- Sedalia with 2 dogs / 2 bitches getting majors with two new champions)----- 5 shows in Topeka, Ks. 8-13 thru 17 close 7/29 (onofrio) and 4 shows in Kansas City 8-20 thru 23...
Views: 316   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 6, 2009 5:49pm
by MeeToo
puppy
I wondering what everyone is charging now a days for puppies? What are you basing it on, titles, lineage?
Views: 779   Replies: 22
Last Post: Jul 6, 2009 5:26pm
by New England
feet, tail, color, height, weight, gait
Feet Good feet are essential for a working retriever. The feet are of medium size, round and compact with well-arched toes and thick, elastic pads. Dewclaws may be removed. Faults: Splayed feet; hare feet; knuckling over; feet turning in or out....
Views: 389   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 6, 2009 5:18pm
by ...done that
guarantees on pups
We offer 2 year guarantees but I was looking for information to provide to pet clients on why guarantees are not really "guarantees". Explination of our ability to do it all right and yet things do happen and how ownership plays in to so much. Any links would be ap...
Views: 356   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 6, 2009 2:02pm
by breeder
Ingen Question
For those of you who have used the INGEN/Pawsitive ID Testing, I have a question. It asks you to collect 20-30 hairs with the root ball attached. It also, leaves open a box that you can check that says you are sending swabs only. I am wondering if those of you tha...
Views: 296   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 6, 2009 1:30pm
by Judy
LRCC National Clothing!!
Hi All, Time to get your 2009 National T-Shirt, Sweatshirt or Vest!! You can view the items on our website: http://www.lrccnational2009.com/index_files/Page1691.htm We will take preorders until Friday July 17! If you are attending the National we will hav...
Views: 372   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 6, 2009 1:23pm
by Michelle Delalia...
EIC DDC Contact info/ your opinion wanted
What is the contact information for the DDC? I breed conformation labradors but my relative does American field labs. He bred 2 dogs whose lines looked clear for EIC, then tested parents after bred. Both parents carry EIC. He is ethical with selling pups, therefor...
Views: 320   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 6, 2009 11:57am
by breeder
shipping/ground shipping
I use to ship via Delta out of Grand Rapids, MI airport. Now I need to find a new way to ship. ConAir does not ship pets from GRR. Have any of you used ground shipping with success and do you have information on your shipper? United said they would hold my pup ov...
Views: 210   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 6, 2009 11:25am
by Fellow Michigand...
d
Debi R
New Champion
The major in dogs held both Friday and Sunday in Sedalia MO. My BBE yellow bitch finished her champoinship on Friday, July 3!! Apple is 21 months old. Friday WD Open Black Falling Creek's Dark Knight WB/BOW/BOS Debkens Candy Apple NEW CH!! BOB CH Ridgeview...
Views: 620   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 6, 2009 10:26am
by Cindy Sturges
Looking for contact information on these two kennels
Hi All, I'm looking for contact information on two kennels and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. Visions and Sounders labradors. Anyone? Aloha, Jackie
Views: 685   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 6, 2009 10:12am
by Mysterio
Trying to count points
Recent show, dog was WD, BOS. No specials, but there was a Veteran dog that had gone back in for BOB and was defeated for BOS. Do you count that Veteran dog in your total dog count? Can't find the answer on AKC and they're closed today :-) thanks in advance.
Views: 308   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 6, 2009 1:52am
by Actually
Major tear staining on puppies
I have an all yellow litter of nine that just turned 8 weeks old. Two puppies have major tear staining - mornings eyes look fine, throughout the day on and off I see red stains/wet. This just started in the last week. Pups were seen on Thursday and vet examined eyes...
Views: 296   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 5, 2009 11:57pm
by Breeder
Labrador Breast Cancer Decals, etc. Honoring Anne Trend
I'm posting a message that has been sent out to numerous people already, but just in case we've missed anyone, here it is: Hi Everyone, Many people have expressed an interest in collecting money to buy the Labrador breast cancer car decals in memory of Anne Trend...
Views: 550   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jul 5, 2009 9:03pm
by breeder
Tabatha boy
Who do I inquire with about Timber? I know the Tabatha girls are the best but those boys are nice also. TIA
Views: 1038   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jul 5, 2009 6:07pm
by I think....
k
Kelly
Back-to-back BIS!!
BIG Congratulations to RJ, Joy & Diane for wining back to back Best in Shows in Springfield!!
Views: 1268   Replies: 62
Last Post: Jul 5, 2009 2:33pm
by adios
Lab standard
Started a new post just to remind people of what happened at that Potomac so many years ago. Yes, the LRC had changed the standard. Yes,the way it went about changing the standard was suspect. But the wicket was not called at the show by the judges. The wicket was...
Views: 504   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 5, 2009 12:40pm
by not likely
web hosting
I read in an earlier thread someone suggested e-rice.net However, I cannot get into the site? Is this site still working? I would like to try putting something together myself Honestly, I am semi-computer literate and need something for a newbie. Can anyone d...
Views: 279   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 5, 2009 11:54am
by breeder
AKC standard on the tail???
I looked and did not see, so I wanted to find out if it was a huge problem. I have a 7 month old that everything about her is great. Her tail is great length and thick. However the last 2 to 3 inches she has a bit of a flipped up end. Not horrible but enough that I n...
Views: 332   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 5, 2009 11:36am
by tail man
This is just precious!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e8GvGXx4OI
Views: 284   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 5, 2009 10:37am
by anon
l
LabMom
Quiver in hind leg
I've noticed this before and really didn't give it a second thought, but now I'm curious. I have a 5 year old boy, he's been OFA'd at 2 (fair). I've noticed a quiver or tremble in one hind leg. It happens only occasionally, and it's after we play a game of run and re...
Views: 375   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 5, 2009 9:23am
by hmmmmm
Dog Walker
I know this may sound silly but I have horses and sold my walker. Now I have been wondering if there is a dog hot walker...for the purpose of activity and health. I know the treadmill is used and it seems like a dog could easily be trained for a hot walker.
Views: 353   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 5, 2009 7:45am
by Former Horse Per...
heart murmer
Found out that one of our pups in a recent litter has a heart murmer. (sp?) Besides the obvious sad feelings and dread of calling the buyer with bad news, I need more info on this. If anyone could help with answers to the following I'd be hugely greatful. 1) Is...
Views: 717   Replies: 27
Last Post: Jul 4, 2009 11:18pm
by breeder/RN
Cool little trick for medicating
Monthly oral Ivomec time with a syringe oh what a hassle, they hated that nasty taste and always knew what was coming. Well not anymore,Just put some peanut butter on the end of syringe they lick and open their mouths readily, then it's easy to give them a quick dos...
Views: 397   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 4, 2009 7:48pm
by pills
a
anon
suggestion for breeders
The thread below re: the vet's manipulation of a young pup's hips got me to thinking... I had an experience with a vet who pushed really hard for a simultaneous surgery - JPS procedure and spay - at the age of 17 weeks, all in the name of "preventing hip dysplasia a...
Views: 899   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jul 4, 2009 7:02pm
by Highvolt
July 4th
Happy Fourth of July to all our friends south of the border! Hope it's a good one !!
Views: 267   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 4, 2009 6:12pm
by Sue @ Kilmaurs
Happy Birthday, Jilly Bean!
Happy Birthday To You ... Happy Birthday To You ... Happy Birthday Dear Jilly Bean... Happy Birthday To You !!! ~ Love from the Silva Family ~
Views: 450   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 4, 2009 5:10pm
by 5"9"115lbs
Views: 630   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 4, 2009 3:35pm
by alert michael si...
n
Pup's hip "popped", need advice
I'm pretty new to all of this, and I'm very upset about something that happened yesterday at the vet's office. I took my 16 week old female show prospect to the vet for her final distemper of the year. My vet has always been very thorough, and all my dogs get a ful...
Views: 520   Replies: 17
Last Post: Jul 4, 2009 2:44pm
by LRM
OFA xray on prego?
Is it safe and has anyone ever xrayed a bitch for OFA clearances who MIGHT be a couple of days pregnant? I am aware that being in heat can possibly change hip readings. This girl had very nice prelims at 14 months. I also know I could wait. So, biggest concern...
Views: 298   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 4, 2009 2:31pm
by want2know
l
Linda
Gates
I'm looking for a wooden stand alone gate. Any suggestions? Thank you.
Views: 340   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 4, 2009 1:49pm
by LabMom
Head, neck, forequarters, hindquarters
Head The head is proportionate to the size of the dog, clean-cut, and without exaggeration of any sort. When viewed from the side, the skull and muzzle are approximately equal in length, and joined by a moderate stop that is defined, in part, by the moderate...
Views: 269   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 4, 2009 1:09pm
by Laura
There is no height DQ in the UKC Standard
Thought this might be of interest since there was a recent discussion on the AKC Lab standard and it's height DQ.
Views: 230   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 4, 2009 1:06pm
by Laura
General Appearance & Characteristics
General Appearance The Labrador Retriever is a medium-sized, short-coupled, powerfully-built dog with a short, dense, water-resistant coat; small, drop ears; and a short, thick otter-like tail carried level with the back or with a slight upward curve. The le...
Views: 189   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 4, 2009 11:21am
by just me
Labrador Retriever Club of Canada National Specialty
Good Day! Just a friendly reminder that the Early Bird Closing date for the Lab Club of Canada National Specialty is Wed July 8, 2009! Get your entries in early to save a few pennies! The Regular closing date is Wed July 15! Come and join us for a fun-...
Views: 267   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 4, 2009 9:27am
by Michelle Delalia...
Surgical implants
When doing a surgical, what is the best day to do the implant? I am finding much conflicting information. What should the progesterone read, and does it make a difference when you do the implant whether it is frozen, chilled, or fresh from the spigot?
Views: 436   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jul 4, 2009 7:57am
by just
i
info?
local lab rescues
Does anyone know of any lab rescues in the NJ NY area-I see the rescues listed on this site but an looking for someone local-if one exists. I am looking to adopt. Thank you for your help!
Views: 274   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jul 4, 2009 7:54am
by Lomalane
It has been my observation..
that this forum is an excellent indicator of what acemdemics have feared the most about electronic communications ... a) inferior to face to face social interactions b) email is open to blatant misinterpretation c) bullies and critics hide behind the anonymous w...
Views: 470   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 4, 2009 7:43am
by Nancy Rudgers
OFA's-digital or film?
Trying to figure out which will give you a better chance at a good OFA score. Can some of you post your results, and whether your vet sent in digital pictures electronically, or actual film xrays.
Views: 275   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 3, 2009 11:30pm
by newbie2
Rescue
We had a woman by the name of Jane Zeolla from Labs4rescue, Inc. come and speak at Mid-Jersey and I know that she spoke at Jersey Skylands. They are a rescue group out of Connecticut, but she is the contact for NJ and PA. Her email is janezeolla@msn.com. Good l...
Views: 183   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 3, 2009 10:01pm
by info?
37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
Free Forum powered by Bravenet