Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
h
Honest
Perspective from a Novice
Having been involved in the world of Labs for a little while now, I wanted to share a few thoughts I have been pondering. I share only because I have become very enthusiastic about this breed and really had no idea how much they had to offer in terms of versatility...
Views: 757   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jan 18, 2009 1:39pm
by Breeder
f
friend
shadowboxes
does anyone know where to get one??? have some very nice ribbons(specialty wins) and thought about doing something with them, unless someone has any other ideas..thanks
Views: 437   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 18, 2009 12:27pm
by Virginia
Adding fat?
Well, it appears the Fromm's has made my dogs lose weight. It's ok for a few of them, but I have a bunch of shows coming up next weekend and one male who is just too thin. I kept increasing his food but it obviously didn't work, and now its down to the wire. Any s...
Views: 865   Replies: 30
Last Post: Jan 18, 2009 12:10pm
by MR
stud dog with enlarged prostrate
Can an enlarged prostrate affect stud dog fertility? This is a five year old dog and it seems rather soon for this problem? TIA
Views: 439   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 18, 2009 12:09pm
by Been there too
Washington Law States that you MUST sell as breeding stock or ?
A friend of mine of another breed is really getting hammered by the tax man. She does not have a offical master license in the State of Washington and has always considered herself a hobby breeder and has dogs that have done well in the ring. Well, she placed all of...
Views: 635   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jan 18, 2009 11:59am
by Really?
l
Lynne
Oxytocin use
Can any of you tell us the pros and cons of using Oxytocin during whelping please. My vets used to use it but don't now unless really necessary.
Views: 540   Replies: 24
Last Post: Jan 18, 2009 11:16am
by calcium
yeasty ear product
I finally found a NATURAL product that does what it's suppose to do to help fight that nasty yeasty ear infection our labs our so prone to. It's called Pellitol Ointment. Within two days after using it in the dogs ears they stopped pawing at them, withing 3 days the...
Views: 451   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 18, 2009 10:51am
by Xhibitor
What animal Hospital for Kathy Sneider?
What animal hospital does Kathy Sneider work at?
Views: 536   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 18, 2009 10:45am
by Breeder
Any Suggestions?
Can anyone recommend a good resource for creating dropdown menus? I have a program I really like for creating a website, but I can not make dropdown menus with it.
Views: 377   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 18, 2009 8:05am
by playing with web...
a
anon
Lab website experts
Probably an overdone topic, but I would like recommendations on who to contact to set up a new Lab website. Many thanks for any input.
Views: 462   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 18, 2009 1:37am
by anon
m
mover
San Luis Obispo County
I am thinking of moving soon to San Luis Obispo County of California. Any breeders there that can give me status on breeding/dog ownership laws and regulations in that county? I seem to remember hearing they were kind of restrictive at one point...is this true?
Views: 309   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 18, 2009 1:02am
by Liz Baird
h
hoping
Adult coat?
When do they get their true adult coat? I have a seven month old here who had a beautiful puppy coat and slowly the sides have become what I would consider "open". Is there a chance that his adult coat is still to come or is he what he is?
Views: 436   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 17, 2009 11:57pm
by breeder
Very sick dog, dying if we don't find an answer quickly - any input PLEASE???
OK, I've made myself half crazy trying to research on-line since vets, so far, can't figure out how to fix my boy. I'm hoping that these symptoms may sound familiar to someone ... someone who got a diagnosis and treatment. My Gizmo was a very happy, healthy 4-yea...
Views: 2041   Replies: 82
Last Post: Jan 17, 2009 7:34pm
by Jenny - Tealwood
Views: 264   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 17, 2009 7:32pm
by hummm
CSCLRC upcoming show- Saturday night dinner
For those of you folks who are making their way South for our show, we are hosting a Lowcountry seafood dinner on Saturday evening after the show at the site, under our tent, completly enclosed & with heaters! Dinner is fried fish & shrimp, red rice, green beans and...
Views: 428   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 17, 2009 6:39pm
by Jim & Elizabeth ...
Help! before they get here!
Hi, As some of you may or may not know I do a lil grooming on the side. Well one of my clients owns a Jack Russell female who they bred (both dogs are titled,cleared etc...so no discussions on that) Anyway they are not breeders, but did want a litter to keep a femal...
Views: 676   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jan 17, 2009 5:54pm
by Robin
SNAIL MAIL OFA'S TIMING
Sent in the 19th of Dec. Anyone else doing it the old fashion way lately and heard back. How long do you wait before you call. Christmas week and New Years in the middle of this also.
Views: 277   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 17, 2009 3:07pm
by Breeder
Kcal in Pro Plan C& R
Have switched to Costco/Kirkland brand dog food made by Diamond Foods. Chicken and Rice Kcal is 393 per cup. Did not check my ProPlan bag before getting rid of it to see how it compared in Kcal. Can someone help me out on this? Thanks so much.
Views: 417   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 17, 2009 2:45pm
by Breeder
CNM, who does this test?
Hi Can anyone please tell me where I can order the CNM test? Thank you
Views: 393   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jan 17, 2009 1:33pm
by MK
Lab Rescue
Does anyone have a name and phone number for a contact in central Florida?
Views: 389   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 17, 2009 12:38pm
by lab lover
y
Yikes!
Rear dew claw?
Have a five week old litter. Was looking at them today and noticed a rear dew claw! Yikes! I've never had a puppy with a rear dew claw before, and didn't notice before now. Of course this may be a show prospect pup. Any suggestions? Guess I'll have...
Views: 464   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 17, 2009 12:35pm
by Yikes!
Registration Coupon
Hi, Looking for a registration coupon. If anyone has one that they can not use, I would sure appreciate it if you would email me the code. Thanks in advance!
Views: 266   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 17, 2009 11:42am
by Sharon Celentano...
n
not me
prcd testing
I'm interested in the number of dogs being tested by Optigen for prcd. Does everyone test EVERY dog in their kennel and only keep clears? I'm curious why the cost of Optigen is formidable for so many people when there are ways to save money. I rarely test my f...
Views: 380   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 16, 2009 9:57pm
by I\\\'mAlsoAno...
Pastive ID test, any stud owners who won'r accept it?
If that is what a bitch owner has used to test for PRA as opposed to Optigen?
Views: 690   Replies: 28
Last Post: Jan 16, 2009 9:39pm
by we do what we ha...
OptiGen files lawsuit!
"OptiGen, LLC has filed a lawsuit arising out of the infringement of two patents related to the genetic testing of dogs for Progressive Rod-Cone Degeneration." Read more at www.optigen.com
Views: 756   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jan 16, 2009 8:42pm
by breeder2
Electronic Submission of OFA
If you had electronic submission of OFA results, how long did it take for you to get your results?
Views: 243   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 16, 2009 7:21pm
by Darcy Kane
Views: 356   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 16, 2009 6:19pm
by Breeder F
Is it in the food?
I have a one year old lab that has a great pedigree and has always had a slight wave down his back ever since he lost his puppy coat. About a month ago I changed his dry food from Wolf Cub, which is good, to only the best food available (ziwipeak, evo, natures varie...
Views: 409   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 16, 2009 2:18pm
by not sure
d
Diane
A lab gift for the humans
I recieved a very nice lab gift for christmas. That actually looks like one.This is made out solid Beeswax and then fused with Cinnamon. So if you love Cinnamon as it fills your home with it. This is not a candle. She does not have a website. I can send you a pix if...
Views: 410   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 16, 2009 2:00pm
by Diane
Never doubt a Lab
HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT THE TWO DUCK HUNTERS FROM WISCONSIN ? A TRUE STORY HEARD ON A WISCONSIN RADIO STATION REPORTING ON THE INCIDENT. A guy buys a new Lincoln Navigator for $42,500.00 (with monthly payments of $560.00). He and a friend go duck hunting in upper W...
Views: 504   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 16, 2009 1:49pm
by Peggy Stevens
OFA question
Maybe this is a dumb question, but if a dog is listed on OFA site with hips only, does that mean that elbows weren't done or did elbows not pass? I thought if elbows didn't pass it would be listed. Please set me straight on this.
Views: 576   Replies: 33
Last Post: Jan 16, 2009 1:35pm
by Diana Pintel
Morgan Line - Hips
A friend of mine in another breed sent this to me. I thought it was interesting because someone asked a question about the Morgan line on here a few days ago. http://www.biology-online.org/articles/presence_morgan-line_indicator_canine.html
Views: 351   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 16, 2009 1:20pm
by Deven Grimaldi
n
Oxytocin shelf life?
Does anyone know what the shelf life of oxytocin is if kept in a fridge?
Views: 407   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jan 16, 2009 10:56am
by hmmm
c
Carol
Help - after whelping problem - worrying
Hi My bitch whelped yesterday with no problems. She is eating fine and seems to be feeding the pups OK. However she isn't totally relaxed and the worrying part is that she is constantly pushing the pups around, and worst of all is picking them up in her mouth. She...
Views: 702   Replies: 18
Last Post: Jan 16, 2009 10:49am
by Carol
l
Laura
Yellow Lab in Gran Torino
Anyone know whose Lab it was in the movie? It was filmed in Detroit.
Views: 574   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 16, 2009 10:13am
by CM
Piedmont LRC
Does anyone know what the total number of entries for this show was last year?
Views: 354   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 16, 2009 9:45am
by Josie
d
DebiR
Conversations w/your dogs
I was talking to one of my co-workers and said something about talking to one of the dogs this morning about eating sticks...he said Ok so how many conversations do you have with your dogs each day. I never thought about it....I just do it. Its natural. When I am hom...
Views: 496   Replies: 19
Last Post: Jan 16, 2009 9:05am
by CM
Airline accident today- animals survive?
Super hero pilot. great that all folks out. Question in my mind is the dogs that may have been in luggage area. Anyone know?
Views: 681   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 16, 2009 2:33am
by ritva juutilaine...
Favorite Handlers?
Would you mind sharing the name of your preferred handler? Thank you.
Views: 1022   Replies: 38
Last Post: Jan 15, 2009 11:14pm
by Anon
Mother and Daughter
I am looking for some advice on keeping the peace while keeping a female from my litter. My current girl is an 'only child' and has had the house to herself for 4 years. With her last litter she was less than pleased with the few that stayed with me an extra month....
Views: 805   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jan 15, 2009 10:19pm
by Genesis Labrador...
Author Jon Katz's Labradors
Anyone know the breeder author Jon Katz got his yellow Labs Clementine and Pearl from? He refers to Pearl as having championships and having been a show dog so I figure she's likely from show lines.
Views: 2029   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 15, 2009 6:25pm
by Pam Leslie
a
A
long pup?
I have a girl who is about 7 months old. At 7weeks I liked her a lot. I still like her but think she may be a little long in the body. Is this too soon to tell? i know a lot of people say to not look at this age. I am going to keep her a while regardless but don...
Views: 470   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 15, 2009 6:14pm
by Jackie, Black Sa...
LRCP activities......DANCING NIGHT ????
Hey guys!! Why not make a nice FLASH BACK DANCING PARTY during the next spring show? That will be great. I´ll have the Gala Night, Auction, and,.....why not a nice DANCING NIGHT?? We have the spirit We have the people We have the space for that The club c...
Views: 424   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 15, 2009 4:42pm
by Breeder
Puppy vs cats
I have a 13 week old puppy that I am having a very hard time introducing to my 2 cats. I thought the cats would take care of the issue when he was a little younger with a good whap. They whap, he doesnt care. The puppy is insistant about chasing and barking at them....
Views: 378   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 15, 2009 4:34pm
by just me
m
Mary S
Senior Dog Food
Hello: I am asking about Eukanuba Large Breed Senior dog food. Have you tried it and how did your dogs do on it? I am not happy with Purina Pro Plan which I have fed for the last eight years. Need to find something better. TIA
Views: 265   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 15, 2009 3:51pm
by Mary S
Reminder - Piedmont entries close Friday the 16th
There's still time to get those entries in the mail, but for those of you who might be running a bit late, here are our suggestions: Running late?
Views: 300   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 15, 2009 3:35pm
by Libby Flowerree
t
testy
is anyone getting inconsistent results with PREMATE lately?
The last two boxes of Premate have been inconistent. I have tested and retested elimating all human error (and temp) to find I cannot get a clearly dark pink on standard A and a clearly light pink on standard B I've had 3 different lab techs agree with me. We've...
Views: 212   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 15, 2009 2:21pm
by testy
?
???
Thurs Results Brooksville?
Does anyone know the results for today?
Views: 419   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jan 15, 2009 1:54pm
by Bibsmom - Valeri...
j
Joy
Online Litter Registration Coupons Needed !!
Would someone by chance have a litter registration Coupon they don't need ? I dug mine out and it expired this past fall. It'd be great if I could get 2 of them since I have 2 litters born at the same time!! Thanks in Advance !!
Views: 238   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 15, 2009 1:45pm
by Joy
Doing hip xrays that don't look good right after heat cycle?
Did two of my dogs OFA's today and then I remembered after the vet told me one didn't look good she had just finished her heat cycle 3 weeks ago. Would you wait and redo them or do you think it wouldn't matter? This is my favorite bitch, her elbows looked great and...
Views: 386   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 15, 2009 12:46pm
by .
a
AC
older girl problems
I have a 8 yr old bitch that has had 3 1/2 litters and has now been retired from breeding. I plan on spaying her but she was in heat in October and I held off. Now she has a pea sized lump on one of her mammary glands so i plan to get her in as soon as possible (mo...
Views: 477   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 15, 2009 12:04pm
by AC
h
H2Opup
Weather in the Mid West
With this super cold weather, what do those of you do who have a large number of dogs? Are they outside regardless, do you have heated buildings for them or are they brought indoors? Just curious.
Views: 484   Replies: 20
Last Post: Jan 15, 2009 11:50am
by CM
Riverside meeting?
Has anyone heard the outcome of yesterday's meeting in Riverside, CA? Have not seen anything posted anywhere.
Views: 258   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 15, 2009 11:36am
by From AKC website
Things that make you go hmmmmmmm
Am I the only one that wonders where all the fabulous, drop dead gorgeous dogs and puppies are that everyone raves about??? People post that they have stunning dogs and puppies at *home* and their litters are full of stunning baby puppies but we never see them at sh...
Views: 842   Replies: 21
Last Post: Jan 15, 2009 10:40am
by Alexandra
When do you say enough is enough?
I just wanted to put the question out there on dog numbers in one household.. At what point do you say enough is enough on the number of dogs you have in your kennel? Is it 2? Is it 15? Is it 30? And in your opinion, what does this number depend on? (the amount...
Views: 835   Replies: 18
Last Post: Jan 15, 2009 10:32am
by Each day?
Results for Wed. Brooksville shows
Has anyone heard any results yet?
Views: 590   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jan 15, 2009 8:48am
by EML
l
Laurie
I took a deposit, but no longer want to sell the puppy!
What have others done when you have a litter, and take a deposit on a puppy, only to find that he is really something that you need to keep? I have a very small litter, and had planned to keep a nice yellow male if I had one. Well, unfortunately we lost the yellow ma...
Views: 1183   Replies: 34
Last Post: Jan 14, 2009 11:50pm
by Jenny - Tealwood
Progard® Puppy-DPv
Progard® Puppy-DPv, by Intervet Canine Distemper-Parvovirus Vaccine, Modified Live Virus From what I can see, this is Dr. Dodds recommendation. Anyone using this vaccine?
Views: 266   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 14, 2009 10:27pm
by Debbie Darche DV...
pregnancy & whipworms
My bitch was bred 10 days ago. Mentioned to the vet that she eats a lot and does not gain weight. He wanted a fecal. Now why didn't he do that when we were progesterone testing? Anyway, had a fecal done yesterday & vet found whipworm and wants to put her on Pa...
Views: 300   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 14, 2009 9:40pm
by Debbie Darche DV...
Article on Labradoodles by Anne Rogers Clark ~June 2006 AKC Gazette - page 67
This is an interesting look at Labradoodles, written from the other side of the cross ~ the Poodle side. Did you know this unfortunate “crossbreed fad” was initiated by the needs of just ONE person? This article is from the Poodle breed column, in the...
Views: 577   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 14, 2009 9:31pm
by Debbie Darche DV...
English KC changes the Breed Standard!
http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/2228 (changes are underlined). http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/109 (read the interim Breed Standard under review until June 2009).
Views: 983   Replies: 22
Last Post: Jan 14, 2009 7:27pm
by UK Standard
Searching for EIC CLEAR stud dogs
I went onto Labradata in search of EIC clear stud dogs and there are not that many???? I know there are more people that tested than that! For those of you that have tested and have a clear stud dog please take the time to post him on the Labradata site. People are...
Views: 1536   Replies: 89
Last Post: Jan 14, 2009 6:24pm
by Incredulous
Optigen Testing a Puppy
I've never optigen tested any of my pups so I was wondering what is the youngest age I can have blood drawn from my only male puppy whose sire is a carrier status and the dam is normal, non carrier ? I need to do his cerf exam first but how long does it take to ge...
Views: 315   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 14, 2009 5:56pm
by Peggy Stevens
m
Marci
Congratulations!
Huge congratulations to Shannon Silver for her girl's win today at Merrimac Valley KC under Judy Heim. Beautiful Nirvana's Bebiche, (Nirvana's Center of Bliss x Ch. Big Sky's Stone Cutter), took WB/BOW and BOB. Congrats to Shannon and Barry Richards the breeder of B...
Views: 597   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 14, 2009 4:19pm
by congratulations
LRC Piedmont Specialty Looking for Jr. Handlers
We need some junior entries for the Specialty. Come join us for some good southern hospitality and hopefully good weather. Closing is Friday January 16, 2009 Hope to see you there
Views: 265   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 14, 2009 3:57pm
by Becky Coss
1080p video results
Just a note of follow up, since a couple of people had contacted me to find out how my search was going. I was able to get clips of raw video from several different HD camcorders and also from a still camera that shoots video. After trying a couple of pieces of softw...
Views: 319   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 14, 2009 11:25am
by Maureen Gamble
Kennel Names
I thought this might be a fun chance for everyone to share the meanings and stories behind their kennel names. Was it created in part by a...... Family name combination? Geographic location? Local landmark? First Labrador? Or some unique concoction or inside s...
Views: 941   Replies: 39
Last Post: Jan 14, 2009 11:21am
by Tracy
another c-section (help!)
I thought I would update you on my girl. We had our x-ray today and counted 7 for sure maybe 8 pups. My vet thought we should go ahead with an elective c-section as when she had the litter with 12 pups there was a tear in the right uterine horn. Ok that sounds good t...
Views: 562   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 14, 2009 10:51am
by Diana Pintel
Any Results Monday Brooksville Shows?
Does anyone know the results yet?
Views: 740   Replies: 56
Last Post: Jan 14, 2009 10:08am
by Wake Up
President Elect: Dog choice narrowed to 2 breeds
According to what I just read, President Elect Barack Obama and family have narrowed their choice of dog down to two breeds. The LABRADOODLE and the PORTUGESE WATER DOG. Let's hope it will be the Portugese Water Dog!
Views: 666   Replies: 21
Last Post: Jan 14, 2009 6:47am
by Not my choices
h
hips
Morgan Line
Can anyone explain, or give me a link, as to what a Morgan Line is when evaluating hip x-rays for dysplasia??? thanks
Views: 561   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 14, 2009 6:40am
by hips
Height?
Speaking of standards, I know what the standard is for height & weight, but what is currently being shown in terms of hight right now? Are dogs smaller? I ask partly out of curiosity, but also because I have two Labs entered for the Wildwood shows in NJ and they are...
Views: 612   Replies: 21
Last Post: Jan 13, 2009 11:26pm
by JMO
Views: 542   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 13, 2009 10:45pm
by just me
Fox&Friends video link on Labradoodle vs PWD for the Obamas ,w/ David Frei
The Labradoodle breeder tells the camera, that PWD's are dog aggressive..... http://www.foxnews.com/foxfriends/
Views: 519   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jan 13, 2009 10:29pm
by Deven Grimaldi
l
Linda
Lost your email Cristina?
Hi, I'm sorry if I misspelled your name, getting old. I lost your email and website address. You and your husband John live in Brewster N.Y. I think. Well if I'm right email me. I have good news. Linda
Views: 316   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 13, 2009 6:49pm
by Linda
showing a dog on limited registration
can you show a dog in conformation with a limited registration?
Views: 673   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jan 13, 2009 1:36pm
by AKC Limited Regi...
Still thinking about HD video
Does anyone have a 1080p HD video camera that can send me a SHORT clip of video? I am trying to see what sort of quality I can expect on snapshots from that type of video. I have looked at video at 720p from a Sony camera and it is very clear, but would really like t...
Views: 396   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 13, 2009 1:19pm
by Maureen Gamble
k
Karen
Good Price?
I'm trying to make a web page and can anyone tell me if $9.95 per month with Website file storage 100/200 MB Data Tranfers - Bandwidth 10 GIG 5/5 Is a good price? They offer all kinds of other tools at this price too, like shopping cart, forum, blog, web mai...
Views: 752   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 13, 2009 12:21pm
by Northwest Breede...
Views: 483   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jan 13, 2009 12:08pm
by Michele
Fitchburg Results?
Anyone have full results?
Views: 235   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 13, 2009 11:40am
by anon
m
MR Fan
NLR - Golden Globes - Mickey Rourke thanked his dogs
I don't know how many of you watched the Golden Globes last night, but even though he is a strange bird, I thought Mickey Rourke gave the best speech of the night and found it particularly touching when he thanked his dogs: "I'd like to thank all my dogs, the ones...
Views: 381   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 13, 2009 10:42am
by another quote
what to do??
I have a few girls that crate fight when they are crated next to each other and fed. Aside from moving them, is there anything alse I can do to stop this??????? I think of moving them as avoiding the real issue. Do other people have this problem too? Or am I t...
Views: 803   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 13, 2009 9:37am
by Feeding 8
more recalls
http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090111/GJCOMMUNITY_01/701119891/-1/FOSLIFESTYLES
Views: 337   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 13, 2009 9:02am
by from another pos...
OFA Reports on EIC
I checked the OFA site for dogs tested. All on the site seem to be clear. This helps some but are none of the carriers or affected posted on OFA ? I know Labradata has both. But of the ones posted on OFA compared to Labradata there must be alot being done and not rep...
Views: 370   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 13, 2009 8:08am
by Breeder 30
MN show
Anyone have results from today?
Views: 277   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 12, 2009 11:40pm
by Jenny - Tealwood
To beat 'em, join 'em.
I just found this link: http://www.peta.org/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12928 It's to PETA's own forum re: Westminster. There's a discussion now about the fact that they're losing this one badly. Some are saying that the stats mean nothing because we're all too stup...
Views: 695   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 12, 2009 10:23pm
by did you send tha...
Tamiflu
I googled Tamiflu to try to learn more and read some great stuff. But since it is all second hand and anecdotal, and sinceI am having conversations with my vet, I am wondering if anyone knows of any more formal studies. thanks
Views: 326   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 12, 2009 9:54pm
by Debbie Darche DV...
Contact me if you need litter reg coupon.
I have an AKC litter reg coupon that is good until Jan 20th. I cannot use it, so the first perosn to contact me via email can have it. candyheartretrievers@yahoo.com
Views: 194   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 12, 2009 9:08pm
by Candyheart
j
Java
nervous about transporting my lab from NY to California
I'm going to be moving from NY to California and wanted to know which is the best way to do this. I would like to fly him out but I'm nervous about the flight. Also, are there any requirements that the state of California has for bringing dogs into the state?
Views: 385   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 12, 2009 8:58pm
by old breeder
swollen eyes
I have a 12 week old female that I noticed yesterday one of her eyes looked irritated. today both eyes are very irritated, bottom lids drooping and third eyelid looks inflamed. I started putting eye ointment in both eyes and noticed she also has a swollen lymph n...
Views: 304   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 12, 2009 6:02pm
by sampsonlabs
Riverside California
URGENT: January 13th Riverside County, CA to Consider Spay/Neuter and Mandatory Microchip Ordinance [Monday, January 12, 2009] The Riverside County Board of Supervisors will hold a hearing tomorrow morning at 9 am to discuss an ordinance that would require...
Views: 317   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 12, 2009 5:13pm
by Gina in PA
Some need more playtime than others...
and I am talking about some of you on this forum. Are you REALLY that nasty and full of hate??? REALLY? Goodness, I've said it before and will again...go play with your Labradors and maybe something good will rub off on you! Give the rest of us a break!
Views: 500   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 12, 2009 2:36pm
by Breeder
b
bev
pawsitive id ??? tatoo
Hi All... Am getting ready to submit, and they ask for micro-chip info, the dog we are doing now has a tatoo and no chip. Has anyone submitted like this? any problems / issues? Have called several times, no answer or machine :-( TIA private responses are fine
Views: 259   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 12, 2009 1:27pm
by wow
PETA vs Westminster
We need to let USA Network know that we support them televising Westminster. You can contact USA NETWORK. Spread the word. TO EMAIL, GO TO http://www.usanetwork.com/feedback/
Views: 313   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 12, 2009 1:12pm
by Ignorance earns ...
Premate - which tubes??
What are the best tubes to use with the premate test and a centrifuge? Do the vacutainers with the gel separator affect the results? Where is the best place to order? TIA
Views: 266   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 12, 2009 12:04pm
by Marci
p
Phil
Happy Birthday Benedict
Benedict's litter want to greet their dad,uncle and aunts a happy 4th birthday. Benedict's litter want to say thank you to their dad and their mom for giving them the extraordinare and exceptional bloodline in them. This litter is not only of excellent quality but...
Views: 344   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 12, 2009 3:34am
by Phil
JUDG notation????
When you see this marked in the results for a show, does this mean the dog was wicketed out or what other reasons could there be and does it mean the dog was officially DQ'd?? TIA!
Views: 581   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 11, 2009 9:54pm
by Breeder
l
Linda
Nervous Nellie
I bred my girl 4 weeks ago yesterday and today. In your experience are there any signs she is with puppy at this point in time? I sooo want a puppy from this sweetheart, as I'm sure you have all been there. Thank you,
Views: 599   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 11, 2009 9:45pm
by Signs
Taking care of pups
How many times or ways can you tell new puppy buyers to be careful with letting pups get over weight or rough play while growing. You tell them, they read it but you realize they must not believe it. Know some believe, what will be will be and other know environent...
Views: 416   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 11, 2009 9:44pm
by Linda Curpier
BIS
We hear that June Miller's CH Millmar's Truely High Lites took BEST IN SHOW today at the Buffalo Kennel Club show. Way to go, June!
Views: 973   Replies: 20
Last Post: Jan 11, 2009 8:24pm
by Kim F,
Calsorb question.
How do you save Calsorb after a whelping ? Does it save long ? Cold or room temp ?
Views: 344   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 11, 2009 8:05pm
by Annmarie
odd behavior in young puppy
Young puppy started eating poo when first started weaning. Box and pen kept very clean...cleaned as soon as litter pooed- before puppy could get to it. Puppy is now 12 weeks and can not be crate broke, because it seems to enjoy having the snack. Puppy is in a smal...
Views: 532   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 11, 2009 7:28pm
by RLD
a
annon
frozen shipping costs/container
Approx. cost for shipping frozen from eastern US to the mid-west, what size of containter
Views: 182   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 11, 2009 6:35pm
by Jackie, Black Sa...
b
Brdr
6 month old male - how tall??
It's been a long time since I kept a male puppy. It seems to me that my 6 month old boy is small, but I have nothing to compare him to. How tall should he be at this age? I know lines vary, just looking for a ball park idea to see if he is on track or really is...
Views: 467   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 11, 2009 6:14pm
by Brdr
this is what most of America thinks about breeding dogs for show...
96% in SUPPORT!!! YEA US!!!! http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/unleashed/2009/01/dog-show-fans-t.html
Views: 518   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 11, 2009 5:34pm
by Breeder
a
Anon
Saturday Brooksville Shows
Does anyone know the results?
Views: 477   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 11, 2009 5:28pm
by FLEX
AKC Litter Coupon...
Anyone out there have a litter registration coupon they would be willing to give me if they can't use it? Just trying to save a bit of money :o)
Views: 394   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 11, 2009 4:45pm
by tinaj
Hamburg results
Another great day for June Miller's Millmar Labradors! Millmar's Mystery Novel (Mia) took WB, Millmar's Truely High Lites (Trudy) took BOB & Group 2 out of the sporting group & Congrats to Beth Shaffer on her WD win out of the open yellow class with Cabin Creek Dies...
Views: 310   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 11, 2009 4:40pm
by trudyfan
Is the OFA site down?
Can anyone else get the OFA site up or is it my stupid computer??
Views: 183   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 11, 2009 4:36pm
by Gail R
Pawsitives coat test???
I am looking to order the Pawsitives tests for a few of my dogs. I was wondering if a coat test is included? I see a phenotype test but talks about Agouti and masks and such. DO they do a simple recessive for Labs? Thank you in advance
Views: 232   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 11, 2009 3:27pm
by Breeder
protein, again.....................................
I am wondering, without going into a dog food brand debate, which I am not interested in, what do you think is the best protein/fat ration to feed our breed as puppies and then as adults? When do you switch off puppy and onto adult?
Views: 391   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 11, 2009 3:03pm
by Sherry L. Anders...
Lymphedema In Puppies
Would Love To Hear From Breeders Who Have Seen Lymphedema In Litters(Include Pedigree Of Affecteds).We've Seen It In Two Litters(Same Sire-Unrelated Bitches)Yes,He's Being Neutered ASAP!Are There Any Genetic Studies Going On Out There?
Views: 340   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 11, 2009 3:01pm
by Cathy
Views: 211   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 11, 2009 2:39pm
by Xibitor
canine orthodontics
Hi, can anyone tell me the SOP for overshot jaws? A friend of mine seems to have to put her young male through a 3-wk. ordeal with "braces" for dogs! Has anyone had experience with this? Thanks for any input.
Views: 308   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 11, 2009 2:36pm
by Nancy Rudgers
Fresh/Chilled semen extender kits
Can anyone enlighten me on the abc´s of semen shipping kits and extenders. I need to know if there is any kits out there that will preserve fresh/chilled semen from 7 to 10 days, since Iam shipping out of the country. Thanks in advance for all the help!
Views: 207   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 11, 2009 2:35pm
by answering you mo...
d
Diane
How do you advertise
Where do all or some of you advertise.?? I see there is alot of online places.If you type in labradors. Or any breed it comes up to alot of different sites online you can advertise. Gundog breeders puppy sites. Next day pets. K9 stud etc...... For an annual fee o...
Views: 461   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 11, 2009 11:56am
by Linda
black lab on freeway
Go to www.cnn.com to see one of the top stories for today... black lab stops traffic for miles on freeway. Poor dog had to endure tazor (sp?) to be caught, but at least he is alive.
Views: 431   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 11, 2009 11:45am
by Jennifer Kelly
x
xyz
stud service
Those who do or have done their stud service on a service fee arrangment, once the puppies are whelped how soon do you usually receive the remaining stud service fee money owed to you from the bitch owner? We are no longer doing a stud service fee as we have had some...
Views: 781   Replies: 33
Last Post: Jan 11, 2009 11:05am
by please explain
heart stopping during sedation
horrible day....I took my 8 month old male show prospect into the vet today due to a limp. His heart stopped during sedation and they could not get him back. I opted not to have an autopsy, can't stand the thought of him that way but I did ask the vet to look at his...
Views: 782   Replies: 22
Last Post: Jan 11, 2009 8:22am
by bdr
Fitchburg
Any results?
Views: 349   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 11, 2009 5:27am
by Telluride
to vaccinate or not???
4 days later my one pup is still in critical care at the vets, running high temp and depressed. so far none of the others are showing any sign of sickness, could be the tamiflu or just luck. Would like some opinions on a dilema, our 6 week old litter has not had...
Views: 499   Replies: 21
Last Post: Jan 11, 2009 2:14am
by Protocols
spitz tail carriage
I have a beautiful female puppy here who is seven weeks old. She has lovely features overall --- except for a tendency to carry her tail curled over her back. Since she's the only female in the litter, there are no other options for me. Her grandsire carried his t...
Views: 413   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 11, 2009 12:34am
by breeder
s
Sue
IABCA
What breed standard do they use?
Views: 434   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 10, 2009 11:47pm
by standards
Crate Brands?
I want to buy some wire crates. Have seen some that are very flimsy. I am looking for very well made crates. Want heavy guage wire that is not spaced too far apart. Metal pan would be nice but I can deal with a plastic one. Would like to do this once and have th...
Views: 409   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 10, 2009 11:32pm
by Kinderwood
f
Fan
Congratulations ar in order!!
A little birdie told me that Heidi Kellerman's boy, Ravenhills Sir Winston, finished his championship today in FL!!!!! WTG Winston and Heidi and everyone else involved!!
Views: 523   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 10, 2009 11:31pm
by Congrats
Would You Keep Him?
Here is my scenario..gorgeous male puppy has it all (for my liking)..head,coat,tail,topline,angles, movement etc. But he is missing a bottom premolar on each side. He also maybe missing one top one, but I think this one may just have not cut through yet. I was origin...
Views: 903   Replies: 22
Last Post: Jan 10, 2009 11:19pm
by but....
jr. handlers
Just starting out, question about Jr. Handlers, my daughter 13 yrs. would like to try and show in confirmation classes. Does she have to have anything special other than a jr.number and are there amny shows that offer these classes in New England? Thanks
Views: 378   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 10, 2009 5:41pm
by Debbie
Need help with AKC name
Hello, I am stumped for an AKC name for my pup. His call name is Ozzie. His dad's name is Magician "Magic" and his mom's name is Glamour Girl "Paris". Any idea's???
Views: 478   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 10, 2009 4:33pm
by Java
NYC restaurants, the most & least expensive
Please list any/all good restaurants near the Pennsylvania Hotel and the Garden. like, within a couple of blocks, preferably. TIA!
Views: 359   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jan 10, 2009 4:16pm
by Breeder two
Suggestions
What do most use for a puppy pen? I'm looking for ideas for one I can construct by myself. I read that some use panels used for a compost bin which interlock and can be expanded as needed. It sounds good, just not sure how well it would work.
Views: 349   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 10, 2009 3:38pm
by Puppy Pens
ACVO vets in Wisconsin
I have been trying to get in touch with Animal Eye Associates in Wisconsin (Vainisi and Schmidt) for several days, have checked the number listed for them on the internet and determined that the number I'm calling seems to be up-to-date. I get an out-of-service type...
Views: 228   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jan 10, 2009 3:06pm
by Phil
great info on the subject of poop eaters
Here is some great info for all those who have poop eaters. Just thought I would share with you. http://www.pet-comfort-products.com/why-dogs-eat-poop.html
Views: 630   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 10, 2009 2:43pm
by Laura
l
Laura
Dandruff Close to Show Day
Hi all, My boy and I are off to a show this weekend and he has developed a mild case of dandruff. I am guessing it is to do with the winter weather. He has a great coat and I have never dealt with this issue before. I bet that bathing will make it worse right...
Views: 398   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 10, 2009 12:41pm
by Laura
a
AJ
Potomac-Mania
David has been updating the club web site everyday at http://www.lrcp.com with new information regarding all aspects of the upcoming show. We have finalized the education program for this year and are pleased to have Pat Hastings giving her Puppy Puzzle talk in the A...
Views: 581   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 10, 2009 9:33am
by luci
cutting tendons
Why do people cut the tendons in their Labrador's tails? Is it only done on the show dogs? I have heard of some people doing this and I just don't understand the purpose.
Views: 783   Replies: 26
Last Post: Jan 9, 2009 9:18pm
by Well
Brooksville, Florida
Anyone have today's results??
Views: 351   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 9, 2009 8:34pm
by Breeder 2
Mouthy puppies
Have a litter of mouthy puppies. They chew on me and each other. I'm curious how others deal with mouthy puppies-what are your favorite ways. Some ways I've used include: "OUCH"; ignore the pup, tire the pups out, redirect the behavior i.e. give the puppy s...
Views: 527   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 9, 2009 8:31pm
by pups don't care
k
Kay
Follow Up on Foot Care
Thank You Virginia for your respone. I did get the Golden Seal root powder and neosporin and applyed it to my males foot. The foot is totaly healed. Can not wait to tell my vet and then show her his foot. I have also shared this info with other's that have or will...
Views: 294   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 9, 2009 7:25pm
by Kay
Fitchburg, MA results
Someone asked about Fitchburg a while ago - does anyone know any of the results from the Fitchburg, MA show?
Views: 293   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 9, 2009 6:50pm
by Kathy
Dog Bloom?
I was talking to a friend on the east coast this week and she mentioned putting her puppies on "Dog Bloom" and she thought it helped even out their growth. I hadn't heard of it before and googled it and found the product: http://www.naturesfarmacy.com/store/details....
Views: 352   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 9, 2009 6:39pm
by Tiffany
puppy w/ 5 toes not dew claw
Has anyone had a puppy born w/ 5 toes. The extra toe is not a dew claw it is an extra toe on the hind foot. If so did you have it removed?
Views: 2762   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jan 9, 2009 6:29pm
by Charles Darwin
g
Gail
Who are the judges?
I cannot believe there are still club shows listed on this Specialty page that don't have their judges up. These are shows in MAY and JUNE. You must have your judges approved by now. Can you enlighten us so we can plan our vacation days accordingly? PLEASE!!!
Views: 542   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 9, 2009 6:22pm
by Brian
Any Results for the Brooksville Shows?
Anyone know the results yet? Labradors were in at 8:00 am today.
Views: 260   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 9, 2009 5:13pm
by ANON
availalbe options to us - Pawsitive ID
Dear Pawsitive I.D. ™ Customers: From all of us at InGen, we certainly hope you had a good and safe holiday season and we are looking forward to a terrific 2009. We have now been (re)operating for several weeks and the response we have received from...
Views: 250   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 9, 2009 4:49pm
by whatever it take...
j
JanisG
Bandit - sad news
BIS GMHR Am/Mex/Intl(FCI) CH Cook's Midnight Bandit MH TT (BISS Am/Mex/Intl (FCI) Ch JanWood's Secret Agent CD, WC x CH Alvgarden's Mischief Maker at JanRod JH, WC) (5/29/93 - 12/08) It is with great sadness that I announce that Jim Cook had to let Bandit go to...
Views: 756   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jan 9, 2009 4:17pm
by Michelle
Vote "No" to support airing Westminster
Vote "No" to support airing Westminster. Go to the following web site.......... http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/unleashed/2009/01/dog-show-fans-t.html
Views: 435   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 9, 2009 3:38pm
by Breeder
Turbutrol reaction?
8 years ago one of my girls was given Turbutrol(Turbugesic, Butorphanol)and was unable to walk and or move until it worked its way out of her system some 24 hours later. Last night her sister received a shot of the stuff and has been having similar symptoms. She can...
Views: 440   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 9, 2009 3:08pm
by El
Dehumidifiers
I am looking for a dehumidifier that can operate below 50 degrees without freezing up. The one we have now is supposed to do that but freezes up at 60 degrees. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Views: 341   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 9, 2009 2:08pm
by Ellie
Is it appropriate to post
show news and results (show location, class placements, photos, etc) on your website about a dog you bought if you are not the one who bred the dog, or paid to show the dog, and didn't even own the dog when it was being shown? Especially if you yourself, don't show...
Views: 956   Replies: 27
Last Post: Jan 9, 2009 12:35pm
by There are many
Fitchburg
Any results from Fitchburg?
Views: 253   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 9, 2009 10:56am
by Breeder
overshot
Hi, can anyone tell me the SOP for overshot jaws these days? A friend of mine's little male (almost 6 months) is supposed to have orthodontia for several weeks. Has anyone had experience with this? Thanks for any input.
Views: 267   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 9, 2009 7:50am
by minimom
Marley and Me ...movie
I just saw the previews of the movie Marley and Me , coming out to the theaters Christmas Eve.... Anyone know who the breeder or dogs are they used in the movie? Also, where is the kennel they went to buy their pup?
Views: 1016   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jan 9, 2009 7:18am
by ?
l
Louis
Pre Breeding Exam
Do you all do a pre-breeding exam with your vet before you breed your girls? What tests are a must to do before breeding? How far in advance of the expected cycle do you schedule the exam? Louis Brennan
Views: 400   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 9, 2009 2:08am
by Brucella- scary!
FL shows? Results?
Anyone have any results yet? Labs should be over now...
Views: 416   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 8, 2009 10:42pm
by mimi
Re-current Giardia
I am looking for advice, I have a dog that keeps becoming infected with Giardia. We tried fenbendazole, we have tried Metronidazole. The Metro works but here we are a few month later with a positive fecal. I know it has to be on my property. Any way to boost the dogs...
Views: 454   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 8, 2009 10:20pm
by 5'9"115lbs
m
Marci
Green Tripe from Pridezion(sp)?
Has anyone ordered any of the green tripe that was listed here on the forum back in November? I have a friend that ordered from them and cannot get in contact with them by email or phone. Private emails are fine. Thanks.
Views: 452   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 8, 2009 9:49pm
by Tina (Pridezion ...
Floods in Western Washington
How's everybody doing? My prayers are with everyone.
Last Post: Jan 8, 2009 9:46pm
by Tina (Pridezion ...
2labs
labs with diabetes
Has anyone had a lab diagnosed with diabetes? Have been to the vet and am scheduled for vist to learn about insulin injections but would love to hear from other lab owners.
Views: 263   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 8, 2009 8:19pm
by Been there
Stud service to rwo bitches at once
What is the best way to service two bitches on the same day with shipped semen? Is it best to collect once and split the collection, or collect in the morning and afternoon of the same day? What do the owners of the popular stud dogs do?
Views: 495   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 8, 2009 7:57pm
by BOB
VOTE NO!!!
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/unleashed/2009/01/dog-show-fans-t.html
Views: 374   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 8, 2009 5:09pm
by Jo Morris
j
Judy S
Parvo and Humans
Earlier today, I took my human son to see his pediatrician. While we were there, the ped and I got into a conversation about Tamiflu and I mentioned its use in the dog world. She was amazed. She also asked about parvo and humans since humans do get parvo (a client...
Views: 350   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 8, 2009 4:58pm
by Breeder 30
who says dog is mans best fried
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFz-FMj-9Ps
Views: 337   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 8, 2009 3:06pm
by just me
Need Calorie Count for ProPlan C&R Shredded
People are saying their dogs are losing weight on the new Pro Plan Chicken & Rice Shredded Blend. Can someone please give me the calorie count for this product. I have been unable to find it on Purina's website. Maybe someone is using it and can get it from the bag?...
Views: 562   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jan 8, 2009 2:49pm
by El
What do you do?
When sending in your OFA's, do you check the box to display results of those that fail? What are your reasons for checking or not checking this box? Curious survey and I don't care if your anonymous.
Views: 766   Replies: 24
Last Post: Jan 8, 2009 2:39pm
by Peggy Stevens
Pawsitive ID Results
Has anyone received any results back from Pawsitive ID yet with their new lab in the Bahamas? We sent in 5 samples. I know they are saying within 30 days but I was wondering are they getting faster with results now?
Views: 228   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 8, 2009 2:00pm
by Waiting...
c
cc
Ear length
Can anyone tell me how to determine correct ear length and set? If you had to choose between too long or too short, which would you take? Is one look faulted more than another?
Views: 394   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 8, 2009 12:47pm
by Lablover
PETA/Westminster Update and a quick poll
There is a follow up on PETA's attempt to get USA to stop covering Westminster. http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/unleashed/2009/01/dog-show-fans-t.html There is also a quick yes/no poll that takes only a minute to do. If you get the chance please vote. This just i...
Views: 387   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 8, 2009 12:39pm
by Breeder
Elbows?
Is it normal for pups at 12 weeks for the elbows to sort of turn out as they trot to me? Not paddle but sort of roll outwards?
Views: 511   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 8, 2009 12:19pm
by Leslie
k
Kelly
Coat and food again
Ok guys what are we saying is good for skin and coat this week ! There are so many differnet comments on many different foods, that it leaves the head spinning. I was very happy with Merrick. I did try and switch to the Merrick Befour Grain, only because we got a new...
Views: 391   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 8, 2009 11:26am
by Lab Breeder
s
stupid
date of Potomac???
I must be stupid. I went to the site for LCOP and I figured I'd find the date for Potomac there...for those not blind like me...dates??
Views: 444   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 8, 2009 10:14am
by Dates
spotlight group
What a fantastic line up of dogs, I enjoy seeing them all together as I pick my favorites. all are wonderful. looks so nice to see such aline up. enjoyed them all. was pleased to see those choclates getting in the spot light too
Views: 403   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 8, 2009 9:43am
by E-Judge
Help me find my Breeder
I am looking for someone who can help me find anyone that knows anything about Bankhead Kennels in Northern Alabama. I have lost touch with the owner and breeder and need to get ahold of them ASAP, the website data is no longer valid and has been down for about a yea...
Views: 565   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 8, 2009 8:54am
by googled
Questions, questions
Couple of questions for ya' . 1st ) At what age would you start the DNA testing of your keepers ? Holding back 2 pups and would like to do PRA/RD and Coat color. Would like to know as soon as I can (about the PRA/RD). I was thinking 3 or 4 months of age would be OK ....
Views: 454   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 8, 2009 7:09am
by AnnaH
Need a new Camera
My camera is broke and I just wanted to see what everyone is using and likes. I want something that is user friendly, but can also take nice shots like action shots.
Views: 444   Replies: 21
Last Post: Jan 8, 2009 12:26am
by Breeder31
While we are on the topic of cameras...
I have been looking at some of the HD video cameras. Several take 30 frames per second in the 1080p mode and 60 frames/sec in the next lower resolution (720?). These boast many megapixels quality and I thought one might be good for a dog camera. Since it is hard to g...
Views: 376   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 8, 2009 12:18am
by Breeder31
l
Lovely
Humane Society University of the Humane Society
New animal cruelty legislation in NJ will require training for assistant prosecutors in "consultation with the Humane Society University of the Humane Society of the United States." Great. Our tax dollars at work. How we get to support HSUS even if we don't w...
Views: 346   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 7, 2009 11:53pm
by The Devil's Advo...
n
Stud Dog
MBISS Am./Can. Ch. Beechcroft's Study In Black How Many Champions Has this handsome dog thrown off? He is handsome. Please and Thank You
Views: 576   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 7, 2009 10:53pm
by Breeder
g
Ginger
ACVO Vet
Can anyone recommend one in southeastern Virginia. Anywhere from Va. Beach to Williamsburg. I will travel if need be. TIA.
Views: 288   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 7, 2009 10:39pm
by Susan ~ Fenwyck
Help find my Breeder
I am looking for someone who can help me find anyone that knows anything about Bankhead Kennels in Northern Alabama. I have lost touch with the owner and breeder and need to get ahold of them ASAP. Anyone who might know a Casey Watts - Owner or a Charles Hallman- Bre...
Views: 562   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 7, 2009 10:27pm
by Anon for this & ...
HELP! need dosage for tamiflu
have 4 pups in a 9 week old litter that received 5 way shots at 6 weeks and 7 way at 8 weeks by vets last Thursday. One of these pups became sick two days ago, testing positive for parvo. I have 8 pups in a 6 week old litter that have had any vaccines yet. Pl...
Views: 380   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 7, 2009 10:12pm
by Breeder
n
judges
Ok, question for all you chocolate breeders out there, does any one have any judges that they like or should i say that like chocolates?
Views: 753   Replies: 18
Last Post: Jan 7, 2009 9:09pm
by ANON
PETA tries to stop Wetminster on TV
I have listed the website for the LA Times. PETA has gone to the USA Network and is "strongly" encouraging them to follow the BBC's lead and stop showing dog shows - starting with Westminster. If you have the time, please add your comments and save Westminster and o...
Views: 542   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 7, 2009 4:21pm
by Laura
what do I do ???????
Helping out a newbie..... bought a pup from me..bitch...bred her..with agreement that I would get a puppy back....not happy with pup back.....what would you do?????????? Don't want to rock the boat, as she has become a friend of mine but isn't interested in showing??...
Views: 1003   Replies: 29
Last Post: Jan 7, 2009 4:05pm
by valwhalen
Shep Smith
I'm sure someone will let him know the difference between a golden retriever and a lab, and that there is no such breed as a golden lab. Apparently a $1300 golden puppy was stolen at a pet shop in Orange Co., CA last week and they are releasing photos of the suspects.
Views: 506   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 7, 2009 3:57pm
by Saw it too
food and litter size
I did a research project over the holiday, want to bounce it off you all. Many articles I found were indicating that high protein diets in the first six weeks of pregnancy actually cause a higher percentage of abortions and fewer pups per litter. One article wa...
Views: 463   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 7, 2009 2:19pm
by Patty/Snowco
j
jen l
Looking for a ride
Hey everyone, i have a curly coated ret b*tch that needs a ride from the Syracuse, NY area to Westminster... If anyone can do this please email me privately. Thanks in advance!! Jen
Views: 446   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 7, 2009 11:29am
by jen l
How to handle shipment in Chill 10 when it gets here in 1/2 hr!
I have swimmers arriving in 1/2 hr in Chill 10. I have never used it before, so when it gets here I want to handle it correctly...bringing it up to temp, all that, so I don't screw this up. I get one shot at this since the owner of the stud can't send out a second...
Views: 269   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 7, 2009 11:24am
by Dana
tylan powder
Does anyone have the right formula for tylan powder and corn starch TIA
Views: 311   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 7, 2009 11:02am
by Jo Morris
m
mimi
Feeding
How much and how many times per day do you feed your 6-8 week old puppies. Looking to be sure I am on the right track. TIA
Views: 324   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 7, 2009 10:38am
by Christy
viagra
Can anyone tell me the best place to get viagra? Also, what is the difference in generic/original?
Views: 713   Replies: 19
Last Post: Jan 7, 2009 10:03am
by HUM?
e
Ernie
Home Again Microchip Question
I thought I read here something about registering Home Again microchips somewhere else besides with Home Again. Does the AKC keep a registry? What is CAR (came up in my search)? If there is another way to register these chips, what is the fee? $15/year seems alot...
Views: 341   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 7, 2009 9:55am
by Laura Dedering -...
Coccidiosis
I have four week old pups getting close to weaning time. I dread the worry of a Coccidiosis outbreak. I purchased a bottle of liquid Corid (amprolium) Is this used by any breeders and if so what is the recommended dosages. Are there other medications that one can r...
Views: 381   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 7, 2009 8:45am
by midwest
a
Anon
Re: Albon to nursing mom?
I'm sure my girl has coccidia (our other dogs tested positive and are currently being treated for this) but she is also nursing. what can I give her? albon? tylan, just to relieve symptons not nec. cure? thanks for any help
Views: 293   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 7, 2009 7:39am
by H2Opup
lipomas and breeding
My girl has recently developed a couple of lipomas. They are in a place where I think they could bother her. She is due in season next month and I hope to breed her. I don't want to do anything to throw that off. Do you think I should have the lipomas remov...
Views: 706   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 6, 2009 10:41pm
by Info on lipoma
Facebook
Just want it to let everyone know that lost of breeders have become facebook fans and is a lot of fun.
Views: 553   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jan 6, 2009 10:27pm
by Julie Sturman
Drifter
Does anyboday know how many Champions this Stud Dog produced? Where do you get information on Stud Dogs/Bitches and there offspring(titles)?
Views: 1033   Replies: 19
Last Post: Jan 6, 2009 10:04pm
by BRDR23
Panacur - puppies under 6 weeks of age?
My vet gave me panacur for my pups, but I read on line that it is for pups 6 weeks and up. Mine are only 5 weeks. Anyone use this under 6 weeks?
Views: 348   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 6, 2009 3:38pm
by Karen, Blackwatc...
f
foodie
e-collar training
Does anyone out there have a good resource about e-collar training? TIA
Views: 409   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jan 6, 2009 1:39pm
by CM
Amateur-Owner-Handler Class
I just got a MB-F premium list and noticed there's a new dog show classification in it -- "Amateur-Owner-Handler." When I checked the AKC web site, it lists this as a regular class, effective January 1, 2009. Out of curiousity, I looked again at the Big Apple Sport...
Views: 976   Replies: 50
Last Post: Jan 6, 2009 12:31pm
by Peggy Stevens
photo slide shows on web pages?
We are thinking about adding a slide show to our webpage. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share which software they like to work with for doing this, and how hard it is to add a photo slide show? Do I need to hire a professional?
Views: 368   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 6, 2009 9:18am
by SF lab breeder
Expenses
It's been a while since I've sent a dog off with a handler, and I'm wondering if anyone can give me an estimate of what the "daily expenses" amount to. I know the handling fees; just trying to get an idea of what the rest will cost me. Thanks.
Views: 799   Replies: 21
Last Post: Jan 6, 2009 9:10am
by About Right
Upcoming Coastal South Carolina show on Jan. 24 & 25
HI Folks- Just wanted to send a friendly reminder that the entries for the Coastal South Carolina shows close on this Wednesday, January 7th. We have a great panel of judges: Jill Ickowski & Gail Shearer are doing regular classes and Heidi Herman & Annette (Watkin...
Views: 395   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 6, 2009 9:08am
by Jim & Elizabeth ...
c
Chris
Minnesota Show Results?
Can anyone fill in the rest of the results for the Twin Cities LRC show on Friday as well as Saturday's results? Thanks in advance. Chris
Views: 412   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 6, 2009 8:40am
by Denise Babcock
California Natural Lamb Meal & Rice Dry Puppy Food??
anyone ever use this for weaning puppies or the Innova puppy food - large breed or regular puppy?
Views: 273   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 6, 2009 12:01am
by Wendy Ernst, DVM
here's one for any of you "Sherlock Holmes" of lab mystery illnesses out there
I received this email from a client, have no idea what they are talking of nor do I have any kind of response that will sound any way intelligent??? "Since I last sent you Yaz' 4 month picture, she has fallen ill. She became sick on Sat. night and was taken to an...
Views: 795   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jan 5, 2009 11:19pm
by Robin
Puppy Injury
I have a six monh old puppy that is full of beans and over did it playing in the snow. I THINK she may have slipped at some point and maybe has pulled a muscle in her rear leg/thigh. We do have a vet appointment on Wednesday but am wondering if anyone has any home r...
Views: 458   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 5, 2009 8:50pm
by Kim-Ohio
Joke of the day
For some entertainment check out this site: www.silverlabradorinfo.com
Views: 576   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 5, 2009 8:19pm
by Breeder
Match Rules?
At a local "match" today, a professional handler took a pup in for sweeps best puppy. She did win Best Of Opp. sweeps pup. However, she did not handle the pup in her puppy class. The club asked to re judge without the handler and puppy was D.Q. Should the 2nd plac...
Views: 571   Replies: 18
Last Post: Jan 5, 2009 8:00pm
by Breeder
Narrow up front?
I have a 5 month old bitch puppy who is all of a sudden quite narrow up front, she was not like this previously. Any idea if this is a growth thing? She's a lovely puppy and is otherwise holding together quite well. I've never seen this happen to a pup before....
Views: 449   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 5, 2009 7:52pm
by MikeM
color indicates temperament?
I missed this the last time I saw the show but I just heard the announcer say that all canine colors come from just 2 colors--yellow and black and that temperamentg is linked to color..red being more sensitive to stress.
Views: 549   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 5, 2009 7:30pm
by Nat'l Geographi...
c
CM
Sudden Fear of Stairs
Our almost 2.5 yr old boy has suddenly become very afraid of going up the back stairs from the ground to the deck. I'm not sure if he slipped on the snow/ice, was knocked around/over by the other dogs a few days ago but something has happened and without a LOT of co...
Views: 378   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 5, 2009 7:04pm
by CM
?
???
Twin Cities??
Didn't the Twin Cities club have a specialty yesterday? Any results?
Views: 377   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 5, 2009 5:24pm
by Cindy Schaeffer
m
MikeM
"In The Womb" special on Nat Geo
The National Geographic Channel has two "In The Womb" specials. tonight (Sun). At 8:00pm it's dogs, and it's cats at 9:00. Just thought I'd pass this info on for those who might be interested. Mike
Views: 363   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 5, 2009 3:31pm
by just me
a
Ann
Coat color
If you breed a Byc to a By, will you get all three colors in that litter? I had asked a breeder and she wasn't sure.
Views: 869   Replies: 68
Last Post: Jan 5, 2009 1:40pm
by scientist
Palm Spring
Any results yet for today? or yesterday?
Views: 425   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 5, 2009 1:14pm
by Diana
bark control
We live out in the country where most "pet folks" just let their pets wander the neighborhood, and yes, they BARK !!!! They will start at one end of the street, and gradually upset everyone else's dogs, and that's when our 2 or three will become bothered by the noi...
Views: 274   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 5, 2009 11:13am
by CM
Deland Sunday
Any Sunday results?
Views: 691   Replies: 25
Last Post: Jan 5, 2009 10:59am
by Here ya go
t
Tom
PLEASE HELP-My Dog Stinks
This message is not meant to be funny, but I have a six month old male puppy who has a bad odor. We have taken him to the vet(it wasn't anal glands, or bad ears). We then bathed him and the smell went away for about two days, and now its back. We've had labs for abou...
Views: 489   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 5, 2009 10:55am
by breeder
p
patm
Honda Element - quick questions
I need a new dog vehicle, and am seriously (and perhaps very quickly) looking at the Element. I just have 2 dogs that travel to shows, so I don't need all that much room. For those who have used the Element - how did you like the back seat windows? Did it matter that...
Views: 265   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 5, 2009 10:18am
by MK
For those feeding Sam's Club Exceed dog food
I got an email from Keith Sharp, buyer for Category 8 pets for Sam's Club. He informed me that they DO NOT intend to discontinue the Exceed dog foods. I did refer him to the forum as this is where I heard about it.
Views: 526   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 5, 2009 10:07am
by Keith
m
MR
Yeasty Bitch
I have a bitch who is cronically yeasty. It seems to be more prevalent just before going into season. Any suggestions on what to do for a yeasty Bitch? It is mainly in her paws and sometimes ears.
Views: 349   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jan 5, 2009 8:25am
by Chicken
Palm Springs Show
Any results of the show today? It was a 4pt major for dogs...Nothing posted on jbradshaw yet
Views: 373   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 5, 2009 2:22am
by J. Musella
t
Ted
FL shows
Does anyone know if Joy Q. is in FL.
Views: 333   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 4, 2009 10:17pm
by Breeder
Views: 500   Replies: 24
Last Post: Jan 4, 2009 10:06pm
by wanting enlighte...
Warning to all breeders on the east coast
I Had this woman ( ellen alfier ) come see my puppies .After a long converation talking about her family and her house. She stated she was just looking for a pet.I had one pet female left. She left me a deposit . I gave her a contract to review .She called me later s...
Views: 794   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 4, 2009 8:17pm
by Surely..
t
Ted
OFA / coat
My boy has to get his ofa hips and elbows done. Our vet will sedate him to be sure to get good positioning. My concern is he had a lousy coat all summer and is now looking very good finally. So how bad will being sedated affect his coat? thank you
Views: 427   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 4, 2009 6:57pm
by Breeder
Coat color genetics - maybe this will help
There are two pairs of genes (B and E) that tell us what color our dogs are and what they will produce. There are many genes playing a role as well but they are always the same (some turned off and some turned on) like the C and A genes that tell our dogs to have a...
Views: 629   Replies: 48
Last Post: Jan 4, 2009 6:19pm
by Beebop
LRCP Spring Specialty
For those of you who need to plan vacation, don't forget the Potomac Spring Specialty is April 8-10, 2009. The Education Seminar is the 7th. More details can be found on the lrcp.com website. As soon as the premium comes out it will be posted on the website as we...
Views: 390   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 4, 2009 6:14pm
by Anne@Kimleigh
Mycoplasma in Dogs
Re: my earlier post about progesterone timing. This is a breeding I am helping a friend with. ( his dog is a German Shepherd) The stud owner called me a few minutes ago and said that because his bitch has not been tested for Mycoplasma that it will have to be an AI...
Views: 365   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 4, 2009 4:43pm
by I Would Now
Woodhaven
Is this forum down?
Views: 660   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 4, 2009 2:12pm
by Breeder too
newborn gasping for breath
HHas anyone had this problem before? I have a litter of 2, bred too late. First pup born at 6am, second at 6:40. Both weigh 2.6 pounds, look great 2nd pup, though is laboring to breathe, gasp , then rest, gasp then rest. Wants to die, Mom takes care of other pup...
Views: 719   Replies: 26
Last Post: Jan 4, 2009 1:29pm
by Patty/Snowco
Back Up Hard Drives
Would some one please recommend a good external hard drive? I got a Seagate 5GB for Xmas and it stinks with all kinds of bugs. I live in fear of the day my PC crashes and I lose all my Lab pictures..I'd be devastated. Please help the PC challenged
Views: 294   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jan 4, 2009 12:34pm
by Laura
l
Labluv
Stilbestrol
My vet has prescribed 10mg Stilbestrol for my 7yr spayed bitch, since she wets the bed. I'm interested in any holistic remedies anyone could suggest as an alternative. Thanks in advance.
Views: 400   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 4, 2009 9:36am
by Melody Losea
Woodhaven
Is this forum down? Any new ways to get it work?
Last Post: Jan 4, 2009 9:35am
by Breeder
http://www.k9ring.com/
Anyone hear of this? Any thoughts? Just got this e-mail from them: Hi, a new website was launched for dog breeders and dog lovers. K9Ring.com is an online community of purebred dog breeders where breeders can create their own profile pages that showcase thei...
Views: 326   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 3, 2009 11:56pm
by 14+ breeder
Woodhaven
Is the Woodhaven forum still operating? Can't seem to connect today??
Views: 709   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 3, 2009 11:43pm
by justme
Talk about low entries!
Maybe misprint, but info dog is showing only one entry puppy bitch 9-12 for todays Colombiana Show in Ohio. Never saw that before!
Views: 791   Replies: 30
Last Post: Jan 3, 2009 11:09pm
by BRDR23
another c-section??
Our girl is due to have puppies on the 12th of January. She is 5 years old and this is her second litter. Her first litter was 12 puppies born via c-section as she never got to the pushing stage and was nesting and panting for 2 days straight. When our vet did the c-...
Views: 457   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jan 3, 2009 9:52pm
by Diana Pintel
CUTTER
..is doing GREAT and feeling good! He turns 15 on January 4th SO we are celebrating in Palm Springs after the labs show...under the tent. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG BOY!!!! If You are at the PS show.....come celebrate Cutter's Birthday!!!
Views: 856   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jan 3, 2009 9:50pm
by Diana Pintel
c
Cathy
Is OVC registry searchable?
I'm trying to find out about a dog that I know had her joints cleared through OVC. Is there any way to search their site for results?
Views: 374   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 3, 2009 7:56pm
by lister
Causes of staph infection? Please help
Sorry if this is long but I am at a loss. What could cause recurrent staph infections? My 19 month old lab more than likely has both food allergies and seasonal allergies. Last year at 7 months he started with patchy hair loss on the top of his feet and eventual...
Views: 446   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 3, 2009 7:45pm
by labyrinth
Joint Supplements
I have a dilema that i am looking for help with. I have always been taught by my old vet to put pups on a joint supplement for the first year of their life and i have always done this. Pups go home with this in their paperwork. My new vet says no they don't need it...
Views: 432   Replies: 20
Last Post: Jan 3, 2009 7:21pm
by Wag the Dog
Ohio show results????
any results for today ?? Infodog does not show entries at all for labs or results
Views: 207   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 3, 2009 5:31pm
by homebound
l
LOL!
ok...just when I thought I heard it all...
I've been breeding over 20 years, and I still get surprised at questions people ask me...I just got this email. What does this mean???? "Could you please tell me more about clearance puppies?" Now, I saw 'Marley and Me" and they called him "clearance puppy" af...
Views: 635   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 3, 2009 1:54pm
by Brd
Progesterone timing help please
Progesterone was 3.6 on blood drawn on Wednesday. I am thinking she should have ovulated yesterday (Thursday) so breed Sat and monday. We did another test this morning and will have the results back by tomorrow morning. This will be a natural or at the very least an...
Views: 371   Replies: 19
Last Post: Jan 3, 2009 12:49pm
by Lab Breeder
Lordy Lordy - Look who's Forty!
I want to send a quick note to all the people out there who wanting to send Happy Birthday Wishes to a fellow Lab person, breeder, exhibitor and all around great person. January 5, 2009 - Call her - send her Emails - wake her up to sing happy birthday -OFF KEY ....
Views: 503   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 3, 2009 12:44pm
by Alfredo Vallejo
progesterone timing help please/11 today's blood
Well , just got home and the message on my machine was.....this mornings blood was 11. We are going to breed tomorrow morning. Her blood draw on Wednesday was 3.6 so I am still thinking that she ovulated yesterday but 11 ( higher than I expected) is making me a bit n...
Views: 364   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 3, 2009 11:29am
by Capewood
Views: 477   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 3, 2009 8:40am
by Not a packaged s...
Worth Watching
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfXGD4hP1Ro We aren't into agility, but this one touches my heart..
Views: 448   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 3, 2009 6:30am
by valwhalen
When Placing Older Pups/Adults in your program.. what do you do??
I am placing an older pup/Adult and this is only my 2nd time of placing an older one. I was just wondering if there is anything additional I should be doing. My current protocol is to: Initially do a adoption questionnaire and then interview the family at our hom...
Views: 462   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 3, 2009 3:14am
by agree
47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56
Free Forum powered by Bravenet