Return to Website

The St. Augustine Theology Forum

"Let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God." [Jam 1:19-20]

"If he takes up rashly a meaning which the author whom he is reading did not intend, he often falls in with other statements which he cannot harmonize with this meaning. And if he admits that these statements are true and certain, then it follows that the meaning he had put upon the former passage cannot be the true one ... Faith will totter if the authority of Scripture begin to shake. And then, if faith totter, love itself will grow cold. For if a man has fallen from faith, he must necessarily also fall from love; for he cannot love what he does not believe to exist." (St. Augustine, On Christian Doctine, Book 1, Ch. 37, 397 AD)

"Since it is our duty fully to enjoy the truth which lives unchangeably, and since the triune God takes counsel in this truth for the things which He has made, the soul must be purified that it may have power to perceive that light, and to rest in it when it is perceived. And let us look upon this purification as a kind of journey or voyage to our native land. For it is not by change of place that we can come nearer to Him who is in every place, but by the cultivation of pure desires and virtuous habits." (St. Augustine, On Christian Doctine, Book 1, Ch. 10, 397 AD)

The St. Augustine Theology Forum
Start a New Topic 
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Educazione Siberiana 2013 ITALiAN BRRip XviD BLUWORLD
Educazione Siberiana 2013 ITALiAN BRRip XviD BLUWORLD > http://nutshellurl.com/424y3 b92c5eb40e Madagascar (2005) 720p 500MB sUNInstrument Engineers Handbook_Process Measurement and Analysis_4th ed_vol...
Views: 149   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 23, 2016 5:00am
by desvall
Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit Iso
Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit Iso > http://tinyurl.com/ncvlzxy 97ffa81d91 haris Dear Sir, your website is really amazing& Is this win 8 pro 64 bit trial 90days. All you need is PowerIso its free just downlo...
Views: 134   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 15, 2014 6:29pm
by brooalea
b
Beacon
Please Help! I Need a Positive Explanation of Our Faith
I'm having trouble trying to explain what our faith is to the average Christian. I could give them the link to our web page "The Separation," but I need the same explanation coming from a former Atheist instead of a former Christian; because then it will be a positiv...
Views: 205   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jun 6, 2007 12:52pm
by Little Daniel
b
Beacon
What if a spouse a couple is committing adultery against dies?
I was presented with an interesting situation not specifically covered in scripture. It involved a woman who hadn't studied scripture who enters into adultery with honest intentions (a pastor married her to a divorced man). Six years later the man's wife died. Then s...
Views: 213   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 5, 2007 6:22am
by Little Daniel
Welcome All
Welcome everybody, and may the peace of our Lord be with you. We have named this the St. Augustine forum in hopes that all will post messages with the same purity of heart and sincere quest for absolute truth that St. Augustine had in the late 4th century when he tur...
Views: 153   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 31, 2006 6:56am
by Christian Chival...
Free Forum powered by Bravenet