Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tapeworm!

We are overrun with wascally wabbits...I have treated all of my dogs at least 3 times for tapeworms. They eat the scat, they don't have fleas, all have flea prevention because of the wabbits.

I don't care what anyone says, the eggs are in the rabbit scatt and they munch on the gross nuggets like peanuts

I started adding Nutramin, 1/2 tsp 2x/day to their food. It raises the Ph in the stomach and supposedly kills the eggs. So far this is working better than the food grade diatomaceous earth - I put 1 TBLSP 2x/day of that and they still ended up with the segments. I now have my 4 month pup on 1/4 tsp 2x/day on it. I'll put a link up in a separate post to this one, have to find it.

I have not had a recurrence of segments in about 6 months now - watch, I mentioned this and now I will see them - ugh.

Re: Tapeworm!

Here is some info on Nutramin http://www.healthypetnetwork.org/nutramin.htm

You can also Google the word Nutramin to get to the California Earth Minerals site.

It works for me...I started using it because it was recommended as part of a protocol for a bitch who has a resorption problem. After speaking with one of the Vets who consults with the company, he mentioned that it was better thatn DE for controlling tapeworms. That's how I got to using it on a daily basis. I use less than the recommended dose on the packaging.

I am not in any way hawking this product, I just found it to be, for my dogs, a way to control tapeworms.

I did treat them first with meds prescribed by my Vet, and use this product to just keep the nasties away.