Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Food for bitch in whelp

Hey Patty:
Thanks!!! She is eating fine now.. But has loose stool... So does her sister... No temp.... They both eat soil and grass.... We have grubs and this time of year the dogs are horrible with their eating habits... I am wondering if she got into some of that dirt or the bird poop that seems to be all over the yard from the darn birds.... Both have been on bland diet for 2 days and fine... Gave some kibble this am and yellowish stool again.. Ugh!!!!! Why the one who could be in whelp? OK I don't want my boy getting it either , but really????
I was going to try beneficial nematodes this year and never got around to it. Plus I don't want my IBD dog eating anything but his kibble...
Praying this runs it's course and is gone fast!

Try adding pure packed pumpkin every day with each meal. Helped my girl after whelp when she had nasty poo. It was springtime and all that yucky stuff coming out of the soil and eating placentas, puppy poo...you get my drift. Anyway, the pumpkin was amazing!

Thanks El...
I gave them all acidophilus last year and that seemed to help... I just started them all on it again... and looking into Milky Spore for help getting rid of the grubs... I swear that is why they eat the soil.. It's always the clumps... Ugh!

I have grubs too. Not sure it is a bad problem, but there are some and they dig holes. Looks like a minefield. Good luck and I'd love to hear about the Milky Spore. Never heard of it. We hate to use any lawn chemicals.