Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Question on Whelping Boxes?

Thank you for your response. I will look into it. Anyone else with any ideas or thoughts to share?

My box is wood with about 10 coats of paint on it and I've been looking into building a new one too. My (architect) brother suggested using Azek board. Believe it is a solid PVC product. My box is 4'x6' with the ability to drop in a board to make it 4x4 while the pig rail is in it. One of the 4' sides has a hinged drop down so the mama can get in. The corners have two 4" hinges on the outside so when I take it down, I just have to pop the hinge pins, take it apart, and everything stores flat. I have pictures of it and its components if you would like me to share them with you. Just put a note in the subject line so I can grab it out of my spam filter!

Breeder 19
Thank you for your response. I will look into it. Anyone else with any ideas or thoughts to share?

Jon-Art

Saw these at Potomac and really liked them. No screws, all fit together, easy to clean. Pricey...but I think it's on my list for when my Durawhelp gives out. I really liked it. 4 pieces plus the door and pig rails. Probably still as heavy as a wood box. If I wait for my husband to make mine....I'd be waiting forever. His project list is too long!

http://www.lakesideproducts.com/Whelping-Box-MagnaBox/Whelping-Box-MagnaBox-X-Large-p41.html

Sue Puff