Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Shipping Frozen Semen

Why don't you call the storage facility and ask them?

From Ohio to Alabama two years ago was $200-$300. From vet to vet.

Thanks, that is the kind of info I was looking for.

I always told people that for the storage facility fees, shipping fee (tank has to go and be returned) and insemination that they could tie up $1000 on top of stud fees. It usually covered that and sometimes the progesterone series too.

Just shipped OH to GA, $227- just came through from FedEx. About $1000 total with surgical AI and several progesterone tests.

So is that about ? $1,000 on top of the $1,200 stud fee. And what else if anyone has just done this. Just examples. I had wondered also.

Yes that's in addition to the stud fee. I handle all those costs; contact the semen storage facility and give them my credit card number to pay their fees and shipping fees. The only thing the stud owner does is sign a release at the storage facility after receiving stud fee or service fee from me. Of course I cover the AI procedure and progesterone tests too. So about $2000 invested in the breeding and you hope it takes, or it's $2000 down the toilet. And invest in surgical AI for frozen semen- better success rate because of the quality and life span of frozen semen.