Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New color in town

I've see golden retrievers advertised as English Creams as well FWIW.

I'm not afraid of competition.
The people who breed English creams sell them to puppy buyers who think they are getting something rare and upcoming. I know a woman who got a Golden cream from England. She brags how rare they are. I don't care if people breed a moose to a Lab. I get calls for "light or white" puppies. And they don't want anything else, I tell them, keep looking. I just say they are yellow Labs just varying shades of yellow. Light to honey colored. I was just tying to make conversation with this topic, you don't have to take my head off.

Joseph
I'm not afraid of competition.
The people who breed English creams sell them to puppy buyers who think they are getting something rare and upcoming. I know a woman who got a Golden cream from England. She brags how rare they are. I don't care if people breed a moose to a Lab. I get calls for "light or white" puppies. And they don't want anything else, I tell them, keep looking. I just say they are yellow Labs just varying shades of yellow. Light to honey colored. I was just tying to make conversation with this topic, you don't have to take my head off.

Most Goldens in the UK are light creams. You don't see them in the US so yes, in the US they are rare. If she wanted one and imported it, she more than likely got a well-bred dog. Educate your callers, that's all you can do.

Just remember, these people love their dogs no matter where they got them from.

Oh my gosh! It's a gimmick to sell dogs. Case closed.

Joseph
Oh my gosh! It's a gimmick to sell dogs. Case closed.

So back to my Name, So what? You're making a big deal out of something you have no control of and really doesn't matter in the big scheme of things. What you want to pass a law saying people can't use "Gimmicks" to sell dogs?

This was supposed to be just conversation, not a full blown debate. You sound like a very angry person, chill out.

Who really cares. Gimmick. and what is this competition ? I thought that was for the show ring not who could come up with the best gimmicks to sell beloved puppys. A great home is the only competition, finding the best. $$$$ that is sad.