Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: my dogs breeder has really high numbers

Why was the breeder good enough to buy a puppy from but not good enough to give back the pups you agreed to give her now? Did something change?

This would be my question as well.
I don't mean to sound snarky but it's really hard to be a successful show breeder with only 4-5 house dogs.
You sought out this breeder in the first place because she obviously met your criteria and now she's not good enough to have one of the puppies out of HER OWN bitch?
Hmmmm.
I believe you should probably just spay your bitch and forget about trying to be a breeder. Its a tough road.

question
Why was the breeder good enough to buy a puppy from but not good enough to give back the pups you agreed to give her now? Did something change?

The person who originally posted doesn't deserve bashing.

Once the breeder sold the pup on limited registration, it was no longer HER OWN dog; the pup now belongs to the new owner and her family. If the breeder really thought the pup was an outstanding example from the litter, she should not have let her go. And let's face it, a b**** who has been raised in a pet home where she's been a treasured part of a family is not going to be happy in a kennel situation away from said family. IMO it's not fair to the girl to breed her under these circumstances.

Also, any breeder who has the luxury of breeding twelve litters a year certainly has enough females to choose from without needing the genes of this particular b****.

FWIW, I don't see any mention of a heart clearance in the list of requirements for breeding either. Regardless of what happens, I'd add an echo.