school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New here

Hi SIS

Welcome to the forum and so glad you found us. Your story mirrors so many of us on here. I can hear your frustration and know exactly how you feel. And yes - no short story on this one.
I don't have a magic answer either but I know that this forum has helped save me from despair on many occasions.
We are currently at the crossroads re educational avenues and choosing somewhere (I will add a separate post).

Simon is so right about having to look after yourself as well. I have found it is essential to do things just for us - as well as keep everything in perspective and whilst it does take over our life- try to keep a balance.

Do you think going back to home schooling might be a temporary answer to the stress levels? If you can maintain links with his friends but still be home schooled - that sounds positive. But perhaps there are other reasons why he can't be home schooled. It is a huge commitment.

Hang in there and hopefully some of the posts on here and replies to your posts will help support you along the way. You are not alone - there are lots of us out here and it is such a shame it takes us so long to find what help is out there.
Come on here any time - myself or someone else is usually around to offer our support in whatever way we can. There are some good news stories which always gives us lots of hope. Each of our children are individuals so what works for one might not work for another - but they are all worth trying.
Take care and take some time out for just you - hear from you soon
Linda