school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: How to motivate?

Hi Linda
nearly a month later i've just logged on so how are things going?
Hopefully by now your son has found his routine and is doing some study.

I feel for those who are trying to do thier work at home. it has to be difficult to get the head down and study without a teacher standing over you encouraging every step.

i hope things are looking up for him, and you.

Take care

Virginia

Re: How to motivate?

hi Virginia

Thanks for your reply. I gather most Of UK is still in holiday?
Still struggling with my sin, unfortunately. He is now 4 weeks behind on his work and hasn't sent in any maths or Wnglish as he hasn't got to the end of the first week's work. He looks busy, he is doing work when I check but he is working very very slow and it is impossible to get him to start before lunch.
I think that he is also suffering with the anxiety and depression in different ways now that he doesn't have the distraction of trying to or attending school. He has incredible procrastination and seems to have some possible OCD tendencies, or it is the procrastination, not sure. But we are talking about procrastination and avoidance that can last hours and involves putting off going for a shower and starting the school work and going to bed.
So it is on going....always hope something is round the corner and off to the psychiatrist again next week.
How is it all going with your daughter now?
take care
Linda