Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Romeo does it again ....

Honestly

My Labs are not and never have been anywhere near 120 lbs. I've never had 1 that is even 100 lbs. I prefer my girls at 70 to 80 lbs. maximum and boys at 89 to 97 lbs. in fit, muscular condition with nice double coat but not fluffy or over-coated.

So, your dogs are only approximately 10 - 15 lbs overweight as compared to the obese dogs who are 20 - 30 lbs overweight.

It wasn't necessary to be snarky with your comment. You could have just as easily paid Romeo a nice compliment by posting about his success at Crufts, and not detracting from the moment with your negativity. Brush the chip off your shoulder and enjoy a lovely dog who is getting some time in the spotlight. There are many others out there and I look forward to their time in the spotlight too.

Congrats to Romeo and his team. Well done.

Romeo Lover
Now many have criticized my love of Romeo... Perhaps I need to move to Europe. LOL

Romeo is the Labrador Retriever winner again at Crufts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY9SiMAKuUo

Eat your hearts out, this dog is shown in working condition, his owner handler is far and away a master handler as he moves so fast, and Romeo just moves so effortlessly along side.

Remember you, the handler, must fly with your dogs. it's a show, entertain everyone. Show us you have a Sporting breed who loves to move.

Lumberers stay home and get in shape.....

I have to disagree with you that Labradors should be moved at full speed. They should be moved fast enough to see their reach and drive but not like it is a race track. I see handlers moving them way too fast sometimes. The dog should be moved at the speed that is right for them individually. Too slow you cannot see thier reach and drive, too fast and they just look like a race horse.
Romeo is a lovely dog, so nicely balanced and moves so well. What I like the best about how he is presented is that it is on a loose lead. Wish more would do that.

I don't know, I have a boy who wants to move out. I have to run after him. He loves to get out to the end of lead and sometimes I feel that I don't even need to be in the ring with him. I run fast just to keep up with him!

I watched the video and I don't see that dog as moving fast or running, I see very fluid, effortless movement. Something you don't see too often. That dog looks like he could go all day, opening and closing his stride as he needs to. I think when you watch a good moving dog, you don't notice the handler. Isn't that the idea? The dog should draw your eye to him/her when judging or watching movement.

This is a sporting breed and while I don't hunt my dogs, mostly because of time and location constraints, I do appreciate a well conditioned dog with substance, good bone, good feet and proper coat. He's a lovely dog and it's a pleasure to watch him go around.

JMO

Judge's perspective
I have to disagree with you that Labradors should be moved at full speed. They should be moved fast enough to see their reach and drive but not like it is a race track. I see handlers moving them way too fast sometimes. The dog should be moved at the speed that is right for them individually. Too slow you cannot see thier reach and drive, too fast and they just look like a race horse.
Romeo is a lovely dog, so nicely balanced and moves so well. What I like the best about how he is presented is that it is on a loose lead. Wish more would do that.

Amen.

that loser pete uplander couldn't say enough about his "Arnold" three ways Satch. I doubt he likes Romeo, a classic Labrador Retriever.

He must be selling Farmina Dog Food now as I see Satch all over Facebook promoting it.. Satch looks like a scroungy mutt.

he's been eating too many kibbles no doubt. If he had fed Pro Plan he would not have ended up with a monster dog.

You can knock Pete/Uplander all you want.

But please don't knock Satch (his dog). He can't help what he looks like.

Is he an overdone Lab, yes.... but he is a sweet boy who deserves all the love he gets.

I know Pete is overkill and goes off on tangents again and again....etc.....

But don't knock the dog. He is a "pet" Labrador with a huge loveable face. :-)

Now, now

Is he an overdone Lab, yes.... but he is a sweet boy who deserves all the love he gets.

Don't knock Pete either! What did he do to you to deserve bad treatment?

just me
Now, now

Don't knock Pete either! What did he do to you to deserve bad treatment?

I am not knocking Pete (others are) Just saying its bad enough to knock humans on this board. Just don't knock the poor dog who is a well loved pet.