Return to Website

Christian Sisters' Message and Prayer Request Board

Welcome to the Christian Sisters' Message Board. It is an enjoyable way to encourage and communicate with one another. Please tell your friends about the board and about http://www.christianmirror.com.

Christian Sisters' Message and Prayer Request Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Living with contentment/prayers for family

Thank you, Leah, for your kind thoughts. Our ladies class has been studying Phillipians and we are in the final few verses. Our teacher asked that we have some thoughts on living with contentment and I think you are right - there is joy when helping others. If we can look around us and see what we can do for someone else, even if it's just a smile, an encouraging email, or a hug, it can definitely brighten someone's day. I was told that even though we are going through some rough times that I still had a smile. My view is that it sure could be worse. My husband does not have cancer even thought he may have to have additional surgery. Sometimes I bake bread and give to others in our congregation who are going through hard times - maybe sickness; birthdays, or just to let them know they are special. I have been so blessed. I do fight depression, but if I help others, it helps me. Thank you again for your reply. In Him, Sharon

Re: Living with contentment/prayers for family

Sharon, I definitely feel you on this one. There's so much around us that we have to be thankful for. And we can easily see all that God's doing for us....But I too get distracted and lose sight of this at times and I'm praying for growth in that area. Because I know that Satan wants me to take my mind off of all God's blessings and get caught up in being discontent....and when I'm doing that my mind is not focused on praising Him, trusting Him and thanksgiving. You know, I also think that this world was designed in such a way to make us long even more to be with Him. There are always going to be things that leave a heart kind of full and heavy, and we look forward to being with Him one day when we can lay our burdens down. But until then, we've got a job to do. Lord, help us be faithful contented servants with our hearts and minds joyous and satisfied in just pleasing you.