Start a New Topic 
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Potomac Room for 2013
Anyone have an available room at the host hotel for Potomac 2013? I would love to hear from you . . . . Please contact me privately. Thank you so much, Marianne
Views: 543   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 1, 2013 11:07am
by breeder
Home treatment for mattery eye?
I am training a pup for a family. He has one eye that occasionally has some matter around it, not bad, but there once in awhile. Family will gladly come and take pup to the vet if I ask them too, but since it's so mild, I am wondering if there is a home treatment....
Views: 416   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 1, 2013 7:56am
by Lablover
intact female found near Holmes Co line in OH
Just in case this girl got loose from someone... http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/25208717
Views: 541   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 31, 2013 7:11pm
by concerned
Crate Beds For Chewers?
I need to get some crate beds that are tough! Any sites anyone can suggest for beds for chewers? Thanks!
Views: 552   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 31, 2013 2:33pm
by Primo Pad Fan!
What's your opinion....
If a well used popular stud dog became deceased at a rather young age do you think it's ethical for the owner to not disclose why? And why do you think someone wouldn't tell?
Views: 801   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 31, 2013 1:41pm
by Breeder understa...
Potomac sweeps judge
If you co-own a dog with one of the sweeps judges, can you have a handler show your dogs to them. I assume you can show your dogs in the regular classes.
Views: 2024   Replies: 32
Last Post: Jan 31, 2013 11:33am
by Buy A Ticket
Potomac Silent Auction
It's almost here! Once again we are planning an exciting silent and live auction. But to do that we need your help and donations of fabulous items. Please contact Carol Quaif at carenna@bellsouth.net and let her know what you can donate.
Views: 339   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 30, 2013 9:45pm
by Julia, Lochbuie ...
A Good Read
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2011 Breeder Bashing: A National Pasttime Breeder-bashing isn't a new concept. However, with our rights to breed dogs under constant attack from the animal rights terrorists, led by none other than The Humane Society of The United States (wh...
Views: 406   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 30, 2013 5:52pm
by Pondering
Plant mites vs ear mites?
Are plant mites the same as ear mites in dogs? I received an English Ivy for Christmas and noticed today that it's covered in mites. Should I be concerned for the dogs?
Views: 314   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 30, 2013 5:51pm
by botanist
booster breeding 4 yrs
My girl is due to be bred next week. She is in heat now- she came into heat early. Her last Distemper combo booster was 6/09, I messed up and thought she was due 5/2013, the date rabies is due. She is scheduled for a booster this week. I’m concerned about givi...
Views: 499   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 30, 2013 5:11pm
by Repo
Ride to Westminister
I'm looking for someone who is driving to Westminister from the Piedmont Show or newby who would like someone to share gas expenses going and coming back to the South. Please contact me privately at marmoye@bellsouth.net
Views: 391   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 30, 2013 6:51am
by Mar-Moye
a
Anna
Inflammatory bowel disease
Anyone have experience with moderate inflammatory bowel disease? How did you treat it (medications) and food (what type). TIA!
Views: 409   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 29, 2013 10:57pm
by Connie
help with black stud
I have a yellow bitch (OFA good, clear elbows, heart cleared by auscultation but being echoed next month, Optigen B, EIC carrier) who is a tad long, a tad large for a bitch, and who needs a better topline (not bad now, but could be better). I have been searching for...
Views: 732   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 29, 2013 8:16pm
by I think this is ...
Best place to stay for Hoosier LRC
I'm looking for suggestions for the best place to stay for the Hoosier LRC shows coming up. I've never been to these shows before and would appreciate input on the closest, safest and dog friendliest motels! Thanks in advance!
Views: 351   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 29, 2013 3:36pm
by Melissa K
m
Mary S
Requesting input or suggestions, please? Torn CCL
My 80 lb., 4 year old male has a complete tear of his CCL. We are meeting with the surgeon this afternoon. I know he routinely does TPLO. I am wondering if anyone has had experience, good or bad, with the TTA procedure? Or if the vets you know are recommending it?...
Views: 469   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 29, 2013 9:57am
by Mary S
2013 Specialties
Le Club du Labrador du Québec will be holding it's Annual Regional Specialty on Saturday, June 29th, 1013. Our judges will be Michael & Kimberlee Silva (Shadowbrook Labradors). The Labrador Retriever Club of Canada will be holding a Regional Specialty the fol...
Views: 519   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 29, 2013 7:08am
by Valerie
Toe Amputation
I have an 11 year old girl that I rescued. She is scheduled to have her #2 front toe amputated due to an aggressive infection. I'm using a sock to prevent licking but having trouble keeping it on. She does tolerate the sock. Any suggestions on preventing licking and...
Views: 536   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 28, 2013 6:38pm
by Pet Owner
PENNSYLVANIA Rabies Waiver SB 155 ACTION ALERT
PENNSYLVANIA Rabies Medical Exemption Bill SB 155 (January 2013) http://www.legis.state.pa.us/CFDOCS/Legis/PN/Public/btCheck.cfm?txtType=HTM&sessYr=2013&sessInd=0&billBody=S&billTyp=B&billNbr=0155&pn=0107 has been introduced for a 3rd time by Senator Greenleaf & ha...
Views: 437   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 28, 2013 1:43pm
by valwhalen
Charleston results anyone ?
Sure is quite with results today.
Views: 397   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 28, 2013 12:53am
by Yes
Desperately seeking room for Potomac
If anyone has a room at the host hotel and decides not to go, please PLEASE let me know! Feel free to contact me privately Cedarbay_labs@msn.com Thanks a million Marianne Rousseau
Views: 359   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 27, 2013 10:22pm
by Marianne
Shawnee Mission LRC Specialty, March 23-24
The premium is now posted on the Secretary's website: www.labtestedsecretary.com Saturday & Sunday, March 23rd & 24th. Same great location as previous years.
Views: 340   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 27, 2013 9:22pm
by Michelle Lewis
Grayslake Shows - Sat/Sun Results?
Anyone have the results from yesterday and today's shows in Grayslake, IL?
Views: 297   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 27, 2013 8:10pm
by partial
Any results supported entry Charleston show
Would like to hear any wins. Know it will last longer. Sweeps smaller so maybe win there.
Views: 474   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 27, 2013 12:25pm
by Melodie Fitts
JSLRC Winter Health Clinic
Hello All & Happy New Year! Jersey Skylands LRC will be hosting its annual All-Breed Winter Health Clinic at Blairstown Animal Hospital in Blairstown, NJ on Sunday Feb 3rd, 2013. We will be offering eye exams, heart auscultations & echoes, Optigen testing, EIC te...
Views: 330   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 25, 2013 11:42pm
by JSLRC
Grayslake, IL all-breed show results
I anyone has the results from the shows at Grayslake, could you please post? Much appreciated.
Views: 426   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 25, 2013 9:06pm
by Lab Mom
Sit stay - Not sit spin!
I love to compete in obedience. The trouble I am having is my girl is just too focused on me. I cannot walk around her to do the "return" in sit stay. She will spin to follow me. I have tried the treat at the nose. Still does not work. Baby steps yes but can only get...
Views: 505   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 24, 2013 10:20pm
by pawsup
New Mexico Spay ordinance
Can anyone verify this? I received it from a friend in another breed. This could greatly affect the May Albuquerque cluster if true? No flames please, just trying to find out if this ordinance is for real. http://www.thedogpress.com/SideEffects/Hostage-Mandator...
Views: 444   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 24, 2013 9:36pm
by Raw Feeder
AKC Champions with multiple different performance titles
Can someone suggest a breeder that has multiple AKC champions with multiple performance titles? ie: Hunting, obedience, agility, etc.... Helping a friend.... this is not an inquiry for stud services... thanks in advance.
Views: 618   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 24, 2013 9:26am
by Kate
d
Donna
Food allergies- Would you breed?
Had my bitch into vet as she has been scratching for such a long time. Said I need to put her on a low protein food. Fish based. If indeed she has allergies to food would you breed this bitch? I have never come across this before. This is one in litter who kept....
Views: 855   Replies: 31
Last Post: Jan 24, 2013 9:20am
by Breeder
New address and publisher for Labrador Quarterly
The Labrador Quarterly has a new publisher! Please email Jean Fergus at dogmag@fix.net to be sure your subscription has been correctly transferred over, (you know, the PC to Mac thing). We're very excited about this acquisition. With 25 years experience in publishin...
Views: 773   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 24, 2013 8:47am
by Forestwood
d
DVM
Seizure study info needed
Does anyone have contact info for the folks in charge of the seizure study? I have some patients whose samples could be added. Thank you in advance.
Views: 499   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 24, 2013 8:28am
by Julia, Lochbuie ...
j
Janice
pancreatitis-need food suggestion
A friend of mine has a 12 year old Labrador, spayed bitch that had a severe case of pancreatitis a couple weeks ago. She spent many days in the animal hospital and is now home and on Science diet . This is costing my friend , an elderly lady $6.00 a day for a food th...
Views: 345   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 23, 2013 5:54pm
by LeeAnne Kiefer
Westminster kennel club
See that the counts are posted for Westminster. Wow, surprised by the lack of class dogs! Wonder why????
Views: 675   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 23, 2013 3:38pm
by Lab Breeder
teeth
I have a 6 month old pup that has ONE tooth on her upper front that lays behind the lower set of teeth. Is this going to cause her a problem later in life as far as eating etc?
Views: 598   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 22, 2013 4:10pm
by ........
San Diego LRC 2013
Per AKC: Event No: 2013517601 Bates Nut Farm 15954 Woods Valley Rd. Valley Center, CA Approved Labrador Retriever Total Entry Limit: 400 Start Date: Saturday - February 16, 2013 End Date: Saturday - February 16, 2013 Regular: Nancy Talbott Swe...
Views: 323   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 21, 2013 8:51pm
by Per AKC
Supplements needed or not?
I feed Fromm's Four Star Whitefish and Potato alternating with Acana Pacifica. I do add a digestive probiotic. What are the thoughts about adding supplements? Another breeder suggested adding Nature's Farmacy Ultimate. Is it really needed? My guys are doing v...
Views: 452   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 21, 2013 8:51pm
by Tiffany
LRCSC 2013
Per AKC: Event No: 2013156303 Canyon RV Park 24001 Santa Ana Canyon Rd Anaheim, CA Web Site:http://lrcsocal.org Approved Labrador Retriever Start Date: Friday - April 26, 2013 End Date: Friday - April 26, 2013 Closing Date: Wednesday - April 10, 2...
Views: 383   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 21, 2013 8:45pm
by Per AKC
Pasterns and Paws
I have a 6 month old male puppy who just recently turned a bit easty westy and down in the pasterns. I've switched him to adult food. Has anyone had this happen and seen it correct? Hoping it's a growth phase.
Views: 824   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 21, 2013 8:40pm
by Kate
SJVLRC?
When is your specialty in 2013 and who are the judges?
Views: 503   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 21, 2013 8:34pm
by Approved
Dirty Pups
I have a litter of 7 pups that are 5 weeks old. I have a divider with pine pellets for the potty area, but they all insist eliminating on the clean side & sleeping in the pellets. They just don't seem to get it. My litter last year caught on almost immediately. A...
Views: 561   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 20, 2013 10:05pm
by posturepedic
which test
Looking to coat color test a bitch who is definitely a BC (BYC dam to C sire) and wondering if she carries yellow. Can someone help me as to which vetgen test I need to order? TIA
Views: 441   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 20, 2013 4:50pm
by This one...
Need Some Advice For A Friends Dog
A friend of mine messaged me yesterday about her dog. He has been diagnosed with an eye condition(Glaucoma) I have not had experience with. Was hoping some of the listers may have had or know someone who has had this issue and what options she has. This is...
Views: 565   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 20, 2013 3:41pm
by Alice
Rears
Disturbing trend noted. Straight rears. Where is the beautiful turn of stifle we used to consistently have in Labradors? Especially in chocolates.
Views: 890   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jan 20, 2013 11:22am
by read this
Re: Lab specialty in Puerto Rico
where can I find results from the lab show held this weekend in Puerto Rico? interested to see what dogs were shown do there. Thanks
Views: 330   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 20, 2013 9:40am
by .
Attention Raw feeders
I am wondering what Raw users feed for training treats? If you were to get raw that you could just buy in a store instead of making your own what kind would you buy? I am thinking of going raw but did not want to do basic. I would like it already mixed to mak...
Views: 458   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 19, 2013 8:56pm
by Raw Feeder
l
Lynn
Food besides Orijen/Acana
I have been feeding Orijen & Acana to my labs for over 4 years, and they have been doing wonderful on it. Champion pet foods who makes the food is having production issues, and it is becoming harder and harder to get. I have a Senior boy and 2 younger females (4 yo...
Views: 1324   Replies: 36
Last Post: Jan 19, 2013 11:44am
by foodie too
2 Labs at Blairstown, NJ Animal Hospital
F/Y/I - 2 10 year old yellow Labs were brought to Blairstown Animal Hospital to be euthanized because their humans are moving to Europe. I was told they were scheduled to be euthanized yesterday but that some of the staff begged the vet to give them time to find a ho...
Views: 726   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 18, 2013 9:06pm
by Anne
c
Chocci
What is it about chocolates?
I have a chocolate puppy with neuro problems and I have been wondering if there is a problem back in the chocolate line. In the old days, people claimed that chocolates were harder to train. Guiding Eyes for the Blind doesn't seem to have them and I wonder if t...
Views: 853   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jan 18, 2013 5:11pm
by yep
n
Epilepsy Question
Is there genetic testing for Epilepsy? If so, where can we send blood samples. I would also like ot know if my baby is having an environmental reaction... I would like to know if my bitch is a carrier?I would appreciate your help. Thank you
Views: 637   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jan 18, 2013 4:10pm
by Breeder 2
Dr. Hutch
Does anyone have contact information for Dr. Hutch?
Views: 518   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 18, 2013 1:59pm
by Information Requ...
Who do you use for EIC testing?
Just wonding who your favorite labatory is for testing for EIC and what the turn around time is for results. Thanks
Views: 411   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 17, 2013 11:24pm
by Testing
Where can I find the ratings/rankings for the top dogs for 2012? Thanks in advance.
Views: 490   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 17, 2013 5:54pm
by Stats
j
Joan
tick bite paralysis?
My 11 year old boy is in trouble. The current "tentative diagnosis" is tick bite paralysis. He was tested for myasthenia gravis & it was negative. Ir you have dealt with this, I would be very grateful if you can share anything you know or did about it. TIA
Views: 461   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 17, 2013 5:13pm
by info.
c
Chewey
Keeping heated water buckets from heavy chewer
My dogs play outside in large play pasture areas with heated water buckets. One of them is a terrible chewer, she' stops playing with the others to chew the plastic heated water bucket. She pulled on the wire wound cord today, pulled it out of the socket (socket is...
Views: 326   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 17, 2013 5:04pm
by Helping hand
Mite we go??????
Darn! I hoped to go to the Piedmont & today I had my girl to the vet. She has mites & the hair around her eyes is gone. With the treatment, the mites should be dead. But will her hair be back in in time for the Piedmont on February 9-10? Please let me know...
Views: 578   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 17, 2013 11:16am
by exhibitor
Re: Overdone and Moderate Labs - Timing Agenda ?
Everyone has a right to their own opinion but did u ever notice that EVERY year about this time the discussion of labs being too overdone, wishing the breed would swing back to more moderate etc etc etc starts all over again LOL Of course we all expect this topic t...
Views: 796   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jan 17, 2013 8:18am
by Fil
Trainer Hooksett, NH area
Would anyone know of a good, reward based training center near Hooksett, NH? A puppy buyer is wanting to take classes .. Her interest is possibly Rally and Agility..... Thanks.. Please feel free to e-mail replies...
Views: 262   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 16, 2013 8:19pm
by Kris
English Type/ Field Type
Question.... I know there are a lot of lab breeders that you see that advertise "English" type conformation show all labs and then I see the ones called "American" type field bred labs. Are there any kennels out there that mix the two? I was just curious what they wo...
Views: 1060   Replies: 33
Last Post: Jan 16, 2013 5:21pm
by Recent addition
Piedmont closes this Friday, 1/18
Just a friendly reminder about the Friday closing date for Piedmont. As always, we've posted some suggestions for last minute entries on the web site
Views: 303   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 16, 2013 1:19pm
by breeder
n
Ads Posters
Sorry in advance if this has already been answered... but the spotlight ads are just gorgeous... does everyone do their own? Does someone design for you? If so, who? These ads are just beautiful!
Views: 555   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jan 15, 2013 11:00pm
by Jill DiGesare
skin allergies NLR
My niece owns an English Bulldog who has had nothing but health problems since she got him. Her first mistake was purchasing him from an online kennel in the Midwest without vetting the breeder, who has never once responded to any of her questions since she paid for...
Views: 366   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 15, 2013 10:33pm
by bugged
Antech or Idexx ?
Which are you using ? What is the difference ? Are numbers the same ? Opinions and any history. TIA
Views: 382   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 15, 2013 6:17pm
by Just Moi
j
JJ
NLR
Are there any Akita people out there. I have heard that a 6 month old Akita puppy MUST be of adult size before they will be allowed within the show ring. Personally, I think it is ridiculous, you can't expect a baby to be the same height as the parents by the time it...
Views: 481   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 15, 2013 3:04pm
by Sharlene
HOOSIER LABRADOR RETRIEVER CLUB ~OFA HEART CLINIC Feb 10,2013
The Hoosier Labrador Retriever Club, Inc will Sponsor an OFA Heart & Microchipping Clinic on Sunday February 10, 2013 only. Walks-ins are welcome for ALL BREEDS Clinic held at the 4 day Indy Winter Classic Dog show Site. West pavilion, Indiana State Fai...
Views: 343   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 15, 2013 12:31pm
by NuB2
Re: Coastal Lab specialt numbers?
Hi anyone know what numbers the Coastal specialty pulled? Thanks
Views: 381   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 15, 2013 11:51am
by Elizabeth Bowron
o
Ouch
Training pup to take treats nicely
Ok, after 10 years into this I know I should have this down; but I need suggestions. Any tricks on training pup to take treat without using teeth? I do a lot of training with my pups so have constant red, teeth scratched hands.
Views: 352   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 15, 2013 11:42am
by Nancy Boyle
f
Fil
Greater Pittsbug Labrador Specialty
Can anyone tell me the dates and Judges doing the Pittsburg Labrador Specialty. Sometimes it very hard to find out - I think I have checked just about every where! Thanks in advance.
Views: 524   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 15, 2013 7:23am
by Charlotte K.
m
Mel
Hamburg results
Does nyone have results for the Hamburg NY shows? This is the first time in many years that I have not made it to the show. Thanks in advance.
Views: 481   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 13, 2013 7:28pm
by debm
Weird--tick causing red meat allergy in people?
Weird news: click on website or retype link below. Now I've heard everything. Then again, I had a vet who didn't believe in Lyme disease 20 years ago. HAD. Red Meat Allergy Likely Caused by Tick Bites BY GRETCHEN GOETZ | JUNE 26, 2012 A few years ago, doctors...
Views: 615   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 13, 2013 1:31pm
by B. Roosevelt
Trouble getting tie
I have a 6 year old male who has sired 5 litters, all natural matings with at least 2 or 3 successful ties over the course of the breedings. Recently tried to breed him to one of my girls and he tried and tried but could not get a tie, tried every other day for 7...
Views: 472   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 13, 2013 8:02am
by Breeder South
NLR - looking for Pug breeder
A friend of mine is looking for a recommendation of a pug breeder in the Washington DC area. If you know of someone could you please email me off list? Thank you.
Views: 211   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 12, 2013 8:40am
by Janet H
Not enough milk....
A friend of mine has a bitch with a singleton. The pup doesn't seem to be getting enough milk. What is the product (not oxytocin) that some of you have given to stimulate increased milk production? I tried a search but it wouldn't come up.
Views: 696   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 11, 2013 2:16pm
by Charlotte K.
Major Decisions
Very confused about this. If your dog already had both majors should you still show it at other shows that have a major entry? I got chewed on about this for doing just that last weekend. My guy has both majors and we were at an all breed show that was a major entr...
Views: 983   Replies: 19
Last Post: Jan 11, 2013 10:32am
by ;-)
careful with information?
I'm wondering in this day and age how careful others are being in giving out information in emails? In the past I never gave it a thought, but with all the animal rights propaganda I find myself hesitant in saying to much in my first reply to someone. I guess I wan...
Views: 735   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 11, 2013 8:46am
by Along this same ...
s
sth
Ear Infection and Pregnant Bitch
I have a girl who was bred 2 weeks ago and today she is shaking her ears. I looked with an otoscope and she has fluid in her ear. Looks like the start of an infection or just in need of a good cleanser to dry it out. My question is: Can the boric acid solution with v...
Views: 463   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 10, 2013 12:36pm
by Ditto
k
Kathy
Trainer
I have a question. I have a family with a 6 month old lab pup in the Babylon, NY (Sufflok County). They just finished a 6 week obed. course with the pup and wanted to sign up for the next session but were told by the trainer that they had to have the pup neutered be...
Views: 501   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 9, 2013 3:51pm
by Mike Cody
Inside vs. Outside
Just wondering how much time your dogs spend inside, if at all. Just got a new puppy bitch and her breeder suggested that what he has found works best for him is if the dogs stay outside or in kennel runs and never in house otherwise they will end up looking like pe...
Views: 771   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jan 9, 2013 6:17am
by Curious
Puppy stolen from Noreasterlabradors in Maryland
Wanted to update this post. The person who took the puppy and issued the bad check has been found. Do not know the resolution but the Adkins want to thank anyone that may have helped.
Views: 562   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 8, 2013 11:58pm
by TY
Black stud dog ( Bc EIC clear )
After considerable research, I have been unable to locate a proven black stud dog....Bc and EIC clear. Replies appreciated. If desired, i can be emailed privately at snowdenhill2@yahoo.com Thanks, Gladys Rogers
Views: 1996   Replies: 33
Last Post: Jan 8, 2013 9:40am
by Sue Puff
Maybe just puppy uglies????!!!!
What is your experience with growing males getting a weird head at a young age? At 8 weeks it was beautiful and had a nice stop and width and was correct... Now at 9 months it is long muzzle, not much for a stop, lost the width (but still has a lot of width between...
Views: 1539   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 7, 2013 1:14pm
by Breeder too
Pure yellow to pure chocolate
Hoping for an educational discussion here.... If you had a pure yellow (Y) and found a dog that was pure chocolate (Cc) (or vice versa), what's the problem with doing that breeding? (other than potential pigment issues-see below) All puppies would be BYC. You...
Views: 976   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jan 7, 2013 6:58am
by Friend
Pedigree generator
Does anyone know if Sit/Stay still has their pedigree generator? Looks like website has changed, and I can't find it.
Views: 772   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 7, 2013 3:21am
by Breeder
c
Chris
Suggestions to help a new junior handler
Could any of you offer any suggestions for the brand new junior handler? - She goes to handling classes with her young labrador, but we would like to know what kinds of questions the judges out there are asking. Do they ask questions about the Lab Standard? Do th...
Views: 325   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 6, 2013 11:43am
by Friend
Face Swelling/Coccidia
Has anyone ever seen face swelling with Coccidia? Swelling looks similar to what you see with reaction to a bug bite/sting. Pup is 5 months old. Found cocci in another dog's stool in same household. Just never seen face swelling with coccidia??? Pup with face sw...
Views: 577   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 6, 2013 7:39am
by ........
Sporting Dog & Palm Springs shows
Does anyone have the results from yesterday's sporting dog show in Indio, CA? It's a Jack Bradshaw show, so there's no results available online. Of course, I'm also interested in results from today's and tomorrow's Palm Springs KC shows too also in Indio, CA....
Views: 266   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 5, 2013 12:18pm
by Curious
URGENT: American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) vs. holistic practices?!?
http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2013/01/04/homeopathic-therapy.aspx "It seems the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) is on a fast track to kill off the practice of complementary/alternative/holistic veterinary medicine. " I fin...
Views: 360   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 4, 2013 8:32pm
by Charlotte K.
Bunny hops and hips
I have a pup who always bunny hops at high speed also has difficulty with stairs, and I feared there was something wrong with the hips. X-rays suggest they are excellent! So much for that! I always thought that bunny hopping was synonymous with HD. Apparently not.
Views: 823   Replies: 29
Last Post: Jan 4, 2013 8:07pm
by Bunny hopping wi...
Room for Potomac 2013 at host hotel
Anyone have a room available at the Host Hotel for Potomac 2013??????? Please contact me privately---Thanks a million!
Views: 424   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 4, 2013 6:14pm
by Shelley Ellison
b
Brown
Brown and Judges
Three judges: Mary Ann Alston, Judith Brown, Nancy Gallant. Any one have chocolate and have shown to them?
Views: 602   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 4, 2013 3:07pm
by Brown
ECHO's
Does anyone know of any upcoming ECHO clinics in the Houston area? That would be reasonably priced. Just called 1 of 2 places here in Houston & they quoted $132.00 for visit plus $290-$320 for the Echo. So the Echo per dog could run $450+ Called the other...
Views: 346   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 4, 2013 2:05pm
by NewbieABC
Carroll County Kennel Club show date?
I was wondering if anyone knows the dates for the Carroll County Kennel Club all breed show in September 2013? I'm trying to plan my vacation days around the dog shows that I'd like to attend and I need to request the days off way in advance. I checked infodog.com a...
Views: 253   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 4, 2013 10:50am
by Melody Losea
LRC Piedmont - 2013 Back to Back Specialties
I want to thank everyone for their support over the years enabling the LRC Piedmont club to hold our Specialties. Without your support we couldn't do it. We are again soliciting sponsorships for our 2013 Back to Back Specialties, that will be held February 9 - 10,...
Views: 325   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 4, 2013 9:43am
by exhibitor
Coastal SC LRC shows close January 9th
The Coastal SC LRC Supported Entries are approaching quickly, and the entries close next Wednesday, January 9th. For some info: http://www.infodog.com/misc/CharlestonEmail2013.jpg and entry information is here: http://www.infodog.com/clubs/2013041701.HTM We plan...
Views: 278   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 3, 2013 5:33pm
by Elizabeth Bowron
Looking for Good Stories at WKC Show
Hi Everyone: After the next issue of the LRC Quarterly News, which will come out right after WKC Show, I'll be moving on to a new job with the club, and a new Editor will take over this club's publication. I hope you will help my last wish as Editor come true.......
Views: 416   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 3, 2013 4:18pm
by Lucas Labs
What is a good breeder?
Here is what I have learned in 17 years as a Labrador owner and prospective puppy buyer. A good breeder: Breeds in an attempt to better the breed Has no more than one or two litters a year X-rays hips, checks eyes and hearts on Dams and Sires Sells on S/N c...
Views: 1902   Replies: 72
Last Post: Jan 3, 2013 10:09am
by CPA
u
Ummmm
OFA Hips
Would you use a boy that has fair hips?
Views: 763   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jan 3, 2013 8:50am
by Breeder
p
Philly
Average cost for hip/elbow x-rays?
We've been using the same vet for our hip and elbow x-rays for years. It usually totals up to about $350 for the entire visit (sedation, hips, elbows, and OFA fee). I was recently told by a fellow breeder that she gets hers done for $265 with awesome positioning. Sou...
Views: 673   Replies: 18
Last Post: Jan 1, 2013 9:59pm
by Patrice DeCesare
Has anyone had their dogs spayed/neutered at...
The Humane society (your local county version of the humane society)? The reason I ask is that I have two 6 year old siblings and another 6 year old that need to be neutered (2 males, one female). My vet charges ~$200.00/male and ~$300.00/female. The humane society c...
Views: 635   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 1, 2013 2:20pm
by Breeder
n
Ny Ny
Westminster
Hi Happy New Year.. What time are labs on? Tuesday
Views: 542   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 1, 2013 9:59am
by Xhibitor
d
Donna
Bones for teeth cleaning
What kind of bones do you purchase to keep teeth clean? I have tried rawhide but they eat them too fast and get sick. What would be best? I always worry also about them getting a small piece and swallowing it whole.
Views: 574   Replies: 13
Last Post: Dec 31, 2012 9:04pm
by Raina
name change
I sold a two year old female to a guy that I have been acquaintances with for about 8 years. She was sold on full registration and will be used for hunting and breeding. He did not like her call name and was going to change it to something similar. He called toda...
Views: 781   Replies: 10
Last Post: Dec 31, 2012 5:26pm
by Breeder 33
canon rebel t3i help
I got a new camera (canon Rebel 3ti) for christmas to that I can take pics of my dogs, and i hate it. i know that its supposed to be nice, and others like it, but when it does not take pics every time. I want a camera that will work every time i take a picture,...
Views: 419   Replies: 9
Last Post: Dec 31, 2012 2:15am
by Greg Lynch - Kel...
d
Donna
Itchy Scratchy
Do you feel there is any way this product would cause itch? Ever since I put my girl on it she has red ears and is scratching. It is supposed to help coat. http://www.grizzlypetproducts.com/salmon_oil/salmon_oil.html
Views: 438   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 30, 2012 6:43pm
by Donna
n
normal
Paddling gait
Does anyone have a link to a video of a dog with a paddling gait?
Views: 620   Replies: 9
Last Post: Dec 30, 2012 6:29pm
by lifting
ASPCA to pay damages for false accusation
ASPCA to pay $9 million to Ringling Bros Circus over spurious lawsuit that claimed mistreatment of elephants. The main witness in that lawsuit was on the payroll of the ARs for 8 years. Ringling's suit against HSUS et al will continue. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/...
Views: 387   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 28, 2012 10:34pm
by Bad Guys on the ...
d
Donna
Deep pyroderma
Anyone have a bitch who groomed the vulva so much it had caused deep pyroderma on chin? My bitch is very clean. Even more so when in heat. I thought maybe yeast infection but was not that. How on earth do I keep a bitch from over grooming herself besides wear...
Views: 597   Replies: 10
Last Post: Dec 28, 2012 3:41pm
by Laurel
Midwest Labrador Retriever Club of Iowa's First Supported Entry!!
The Midwest Labrador Retriever Club of Iowa is holding their first supported entry at the Central Iowa Kennel Club in Des Moines, IA on January 19 & 20th. We are offering prizes for WD-WB-BOB. Weather can be a factor being a January show but the past 2 years the sh...
Views: 306   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 28, 2012 10:56am
by Club Secretary
Older puppy with big dog?
When would you let an older puppy boy, now 7 months old, be kennelled with a 2 year old, kind male? They run around with each other outside the kennel and in the house, but are not with each other all day.
Views: 371   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 27, 2012 3:11pm
by cd
Looking For Reputable Pomeranian Breeder In My Area
Can anyone help me with this? Looking for a reputable breeder for family friends of mine. What health clearances should be done on this breed,etc? I have read about elbows, hearts..... but need more info please. Reputable breeders in my area of NJ, NY, PA.,...
Views: 245   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 27, 2012 1:30pm
by Patty/Snowco
MA/CT Clinics
Anyone know of any clinics in the Massachusetts/Connecticut area in January? Thanks.
Views: 323   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 27, 2012 12:01pm
by Annmarie
Base Narrow Canines
Puppy had perfect bite at 8 weeks. Now at 5 months has base narrow canines and lower jaw is a bit narrow all the way back. Has anyone seen this and had it correct?
Views: 446   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 27, 2012 8:35am
by Trying Not To Lo...
Camera help? Cannon Rebel T3i or Cannon powershot sx 50 or Nikon D3200
I need help on choosing a new camera for my labs & grandkids. My sony is no longer working, and i want a better camera Anyone with any experience with: Cannon Powershot SX50? Cannon Rebel T3i or Nikon D3200 thanks so much,
Views: 375   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 26, 2012 7:21pm
by Newbie but learn...
Seizure question ?
Are seizures one of the things that come from both sire and dam or just one side of the pedigree. Just heard of a dog and like to research both side of these pedigree if that is the case. Knowledge is a good thing.
Views: 566   Replies: 9
Last Post: Dec 26, 2012 1:09pm
by Seizure Experien...
Breeding an older bitch
If you had nothing else to breed and the only link to your bloodlines were an 8 year old gorgous bitch who had big litters and easy whelpings, would you breed her again? NO FLAMES please.
Views: 741   Replies: 14
Last Post: Dec 26, 2012 1:00pm
by breeder
Link to AKC Eukanuba National Championship Photos
Here is a link to photos from the AKC Eukanuba National Championship which was held in Orlando, FL, December 14-15th. I was there photographing for the LRC, Inc. Newsletter. http://cstevens.smugmug.com/
Views: 413   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 26, 2012 12:46pm
by Edie
h
huh?
Silvers......Parent club link?
thought there was a link on the parent club's website on silvers. Found the link, but no statement...unless my computer isn't working right......
Views: 495   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 26, 2012 8:27am
by Dilutes?
n
nervy
litter is "vet bred"
The local BYB is advertising her litter in this morning's paper. Part of the ad states that the litter is "vet bred." She uses the same repro vet that others in the area use--AI, TCI and surgicals. This really crosses the line.
Views: 1018   Replies: 41
Last Post: Dec 26, 2012 12:40am
by Greg Lynch - Kel...
When did they start making Kal Kan again?
I just saw a coupon in the paper for Kal Kan dog food, and thought I had been transported back to 1985! Does anyone know if this is decent food or just Pedigree under another name?
Views: 338   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 25, 2012 3:10pm
by Deja Vu
Kirkland dog food users--Question
Which food do you prefer? The chicken or the lamb?
Views: 528   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 25, 2012 12:40pm
by cd
Merry Christmas to All
Merry Christmas, Happy Chanuka, Joyeus Kwanza, whatever your beliefs, may you have a happy holiday and a healthy New Year. Best, Leslee Pope Huntcrest
Views: 278   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 25, 2012 7:41am
by Kate Fulkerson, ...
Rose City and Puget Sound judges
Does anyone know the Rose City LRC jusdges for 2013? Puget Sound?
Views: 423   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 24, 2012 2:30pm
by Judy Chambers- V...
How much food for an 12 week old?
I know pups can vary per litter and even per line, but how much are you feeding a 12 week old puppy/day......on average. I usually free feed my puppies up to a point before moving to measured meals/day. Have a little piggy here who is eating me out of house and ho...
Views: 358   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 24, 2012 9:23am
by Here Piggy Piggy
hyalun pro
Hyalun pro is an equine product, but I heard that people use it for dogs. Anybody using it and getting good results? If you have used it, how much do you give to a 90 pound dog?
Views: 480   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 23, 2012 11:47pm
by Elizabeth Bowron
Sick pup
This is an email I received regarding a 12 month old. I have never come across this before and wondered if anyone had any thoughts or ideas.....None of the littermates have any issues what so ever..... "Quite a while back it seemed that pup regressed in his potty...
Views: 440   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 23, 2012 1:58pm
by Rescue Mom
h
hearts
heart clearances in Maine?
Looking for recommendations for cardiologists to do a heart clearance in Maine. TIA
Views: 311   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 22, 2012 11:17pm
by Heartbeat
f
FYI
Views: 935   Replies: 15
Last Post: Dec 21, 2012 10:48pm
by breeder
b
BRDR
Post section puppy care
We had an emergency C section today with 6 healthy pups. Mom lost lots of blood and is very tired - first litter. She has no issues with pups nursing but is not doing pee/potty/clean up duty yet (and I don't blame her -she's exhausted!) We've only had one other se...
Views: 374   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 21, 2012 7:52am
by anonbreeder
Shedding!!!
How many of you in the Northeast have dogs that are shedding right now? Normally, they are putting on their winter coats. I guess the warm weather is causing it.
Views: 462   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 21, 2012 6:56am
by Melody Losea
Stud dog frequency of breeding
How often can a stud dog be used. Any problems with using a male every other day for a month or two at a time.
Views: 1025   Replies: 22
Last Post: Dec 20, 2012 9:57am
by another way to l...
Mandatory Spay/Neuter heading your way
Please share with your breeder friends in NM. http://www.akc.org/press_center/article.cfm?article_id=4801 "Santa Fe County has proposed numerous problematic changes to its animal control ordinance. This includes mandatory spay/neuter on an animal’s firs...
Views: 343   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 19, 2012 9:34pm
by Heads up Santa F...
Proplan new formulas
Proplan has a new website and several new formulas along with the new packaging. They now have an all life stage 28/18 formula in their new "sport" category, which includes the old performance, now called Sport 30/20 and the original chicken and rice all life stages,...
Views: 580   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 19, 2012 9:16pm
by me
n
NJ
Texas lawsuit: joke is on HSUS?
http://tinyurl.com/Texas-lawsuit-challenges-HSUS "PRESS RELEASE Dec. 17, 2012, 1:12 p.m. EST The joke is on Humane Society of U.S. and their Texas affiliate "Texas Humane Legislation Network," according to Responsible Pet Owners Alliance SAN ANTONIO, Texas, D...
Views: 384   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 19, 2012 8:48pm
by NJ
l
Laura
Eagles and puppies again.....
for those of you who were discussing whether eagles would take a puppy need to watch THIS. I think they can take a puppy or heck even a grown dog.
Views: 579   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 19, 2012 8:42pm
by BBILabs
j
Joan
Weitz defense fund
I will be contributing to this fund. If this is allowed to stand, it will set a terrible precedent. You may want to pitch in a couple of dollars too. from NAIA............. You are receiving this message because you are in our records as the president/dele...
Views: 1207   Replies: 22
Last Post: Dec 19, 2012 5:54pm
by Help
f
Fil
Bubble's gets her first major
News Flash from Allentown PA. Windswept's Storm the Horizon, aka Bubble earned her first 3 point major from the Bred By Class under Bob Ennis. Gail Rathbone did a great job of showing her wonderful bitch "Bubble". Big well done to you and Bubble. Hoping for...
Views: 522   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 19, 2012 2:41pm
by Ann
Should I head for the Vets?
My pregnant female was bred Oct. 18th, 19th and 20th. She was a 5.8 for ovulation on Oct. 17th. My calculations say 63 days from ovulation today and 62 from breeding and only a temp drop to 99.8 yesterday and 99.4 now. I am getting worried and wondering if I shoul...
Views: 649   Replies: 9
Last Post: Dec 19, 2012 10:33am
by Here
a
Alicia
10 week old puppy question in season?
We (the vet clinic I work for) have a client the has two 10 week old female doberman puppies. The question has our Dr. stumped and that's hard to do. Both of these puppies developed swelling like they are coming in season no discharge yet just lot of urination and...
Views: 505   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 18, 2012 8:29pm
by Alicia
Rescue contacts Leesburg, GA?
Hi. I know of a rescue wanting to pull 2 young pure Labs from a shelter in this town... But they need 2 weeks foster until they can be moved out of state. Does anyone have any contacts in this area... Please e-mail me at the above address if you can help.. I would r...
Views: 290   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 18, 2012 12:13pm
by windycanyon
Eukanuba
Does anyone know the results?
Views: 753   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 17, 2012 4:35pm
by Gail R
s
sth
Insuring the kennel building
Built a new house this year and a new kennel building. The kennel was built first and included a bedroom for us to stay in until the house was completed. Now all is complete and we are moving to the house. Insured both seperatly before while they were in seperate sta...
Views: 340   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 17, 2012 1:50pm
by Breeder
Changes in your girls after a litter.
I bred my girl last year, kept one puppy, placed another of my dogs. This all happened about the same time. Since the litter, I noticed my girl is a little unsure of herself. Doesn't seem to have the same confidence she had prior. She is more anxious. I don't...
Views: 425   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 17, 2012 8:25am
by sth
f
Fil
Allentown Highlight
Windswept's Storm the Horizon earned a 3 point major in Allentown from the bred by class under Bob Ennis. Gail Rathbone expertly handled this beautiful bitch to the win. Sleep well tonight and do it again tomarrow.
Views: 519   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 15, 2012 5:06pm
by Gina
b
Bev
Salty paws
What do you do for the salt on the sidewalks in the Winter and your dogs get sore paws. Aside from washing they paws each time they come in form outside? I do know they have rubber paw socks but looking for that third solution. TIA
Views: 530   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 14, 2012 6:23pm
by MO
h
Here
At what size/age are pups safe from hawks?
At what size and/or age do you allow pups to play out where there are hawks overhead? I have large open play yards with hawks frequently soaring overhead. I don't want to take any risks but wonder if my 26 lb, 16 week old pup is old enough and large enough to go...
Views: 521   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 14, 2012 3:23pm
by weight & age
canine hock wrap
anyone ever seen or heard of this product? I have a girl with a ACL and we are hoping to try and let her heal naturally before jumping into surgery. these come in a pair so it would help support the good hock as well. http://www.backontrackproducts.com/Dog-Prod...
Views: 579   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 13, 2012 6:46pm
by read this
New rule accepted by LRC
Wish we could do this at Potomac!!! allows Parent Clubs to award Reserve Winners Dog and Bitch a 3 point major at a National Specialty if the entry in that State is twice the number required for a 5 point major.
Views: 875   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 13, 2012 12:37am
by Come to the NW
Spaying after c-section?
My 5 year old bitch is expecting her second and final litter next week. X-ray showed 2 pups and my vet has suggested we monitor progesterone and plan a c-section and spay at the same time. I've never had a planned section but given the circumstances and knowing I w...
Views: 641   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 12, 2012 9:58pm
by Nervous Nellie
Oxytocin used to shrink uterus?
Any experiences out there in using oxytocin to help shrink a bitch's uterus? It has been advised from a repo vet to do this proceedure. What was prescribed seems like a lot of Oxy, and will be speaking to my other vet in the am. Has anyone used this method, and I...
Views: 521   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 12, 2012 6:19pm
by breeder
Cost for Penn Hip
How much does Penn Hip cost? I hear it's more than OFA, but more precise.
Views: 399   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 11, 2012 9:49pm
by Lab Lover
Banana tails
My young female has ended uo with a banana tail. While I am primarily performance oriented, I still want my dog's to potentially earn conformation titles. (up to this point I know they could, but since I handle my own dogs, and have no interest in a handler, it is a...
Views: 875   Replies: 11
Last Post: Dec 11, 2012 11:25am
by Laura
High Desert LRC Official Specialty Results
Hi, there, I would like to invite all Forum subscribers to visit the High Desert LRC website to check the official results, complete with our obedience and rally exhibitors, at www.hdlrc.com. Click the link on our home page for 2012 Specialty Results. With gratitu...
Views: 528   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 11, 2012 12:52am
by HDLRC
u
uh oh!
Entropion
My keeper puppy, now 5 months old, has entropion. I did not see it until a week or so ago when she was tearing. I understand it takes surgery to correct it. Is the surgery costly & what is the recovery like? I will call around for prices & etc on Monday. Do...
Views: 771   Replies: 12
Last Post: Dec 10, 2012 11:41pm
by J. Oghigian
litter poo eaters!
I have 2-3 litters a year and have always followed the same basic protocol. kept in the kitchen, they have a 12 x 20 play area in the kitchen with two large potty boxes with pine pellets. start eating solids by week 3 still nurses here and there when mom decid...
Views: 629   Replies: 19
Last Post: Dec 10, 2012 9:08pm
by bewildered
Bladder infections
Does anyone know if the human at-home test strips for bladder infections can be used to test a dog's urine?
Views: 427   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 10, 2012 12:44pm
by Amazon
Missing middle bottom tooth? Help
I have a pup who seems to be missing the front bottom dead center in the middle tooth. There are usually two teeth in the middle on the bottom and the rest spread out left and right from there. The other permanent ones along the front have come in (the baby canin...
Views: 631   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 10, 2012 12:25am
by Sometimes
Utility training after learning to handle
First I have a brag. Jake (Linamia Thanks for the Memories CD RE MH AWC) finished his CDX title this past weekend Yay! Now I'm thinking of going on to utility and have some questions. I have had several CDX dogs before Jake but have never gone on to the UD....
Views: 646   Replies: 13
Last Post: Dec 9, 2012 12:59am
by Peggy Stevens
Looking for a black female puppy
Hello, I am looking for a puppy, black female. I live in Greenwich, CT. Do any of you have one close by? Thanks! Ana
Views: 658   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 8, 2012 8:11pm
by Here
Corneal Dystrophy/Lipid Deposits
Just curious as to what others who have had the above diagnosis in their dogs' CERF fed their dogs prior to finding the CD. And if you changed food, what did you change to, and did it make a difference? Were you using any supplements? I've seen it occur in dogs fe...
Views: 630   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 7, 2012 6:24pm
by Allison
a
argh
OCD ?????????
My dog has been limping and my vet took 4 x-rays of my dog's elbow. He thought there was one thing that he didn't quite understand. Since he is on good terms with a vet at a specialty hospital, he had the specialist look at the x-rays. So here is what the sp...
Views: 696   Replies: 13
Last Post: Dec 7, 2012 12:01pm
by ...
best digitral camera
my sony cybershot bit the dust, and i need a new camera for taking good crystal clear pics my for kids, my dogs, etc thanks
Views: 406   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 6, 2012 12:23pm
by Nikon lover
Tapeworm!
Well, for the first time ever, I found tapeworm segments in one of my dogs'stool, a 7 month old's puppy. I called my vet and he was out of the large dog dose. He recommended that I treat all my dogs. I went to pick up D-worm from my local pet store and they only had...
Views: 462   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 6, 2012 12:20pm
by Rocky Mtn Region...
Swollen Toe - painful for dog
Looks like I am headed to the vet tomorrow but wondering if anyone had any ideas here. This probably started Wednesday, definitely was showing limping on Thursday. I was busy with holiday prep so didn't take a good look and just started giving her crate rest assuming...
Views: 534   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 5, 2012 6:47pm
by Good idea
SMLRC Dates for 2013?
I had heard that SMLRC was holding their specialty in the spring this year instead of fall. Does anyone know dates, location and judges? I wanted to try to get my time off work requests in. I have been out to the website but it has not been updated in quite...
Views: 284   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 5, 2012 4:42pm
by Michelle
Standard vs new look
I haven't been to a show in years and have been noticing a trend in dogs at the national televised shows: they don't quite fit the standard shown by the AKC and LRC. They tend to be thicker (in the loin, maybe it's just fat?), bigger boned, more than moderate stop, s...
Views: 1504   Replies: 32
Last Post: Dec 5, 2012 3:04pm
by Standard?
d
Donna
When to X ray?
I have a bitch who will be two this month. She is in heat now. Looking for opinions on long after a heat should I x ray her hips and elbows? Thanks in advance.
Views: 388   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 5, 2012 1:56pm
by Breeder
s
Sherry
Majors in St. Paul January 5-6th
We are looking to build majors in St. Paul Minnesota, January 5-6th. Judges are Dana Cline Saturday and Judith Brown Sunday. Shows close on Wednesday December 19th at noon. We need 10 dogs and 14 bitches for majors. http://www.onofrio.com/execpgm/wbshwpg...
Views: 306   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 5, 2012 10:17am
by Sherry
Pano
What is the youngest you have ever seen Pano in a pup?
Views: 447   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 4, 2012 4:49pm
by Plus age
Provisional Judge Wanted
Hi Everyone, My all breed club is looking for a Provisional Lab judge for our Memorial Day Circuit shows in Hampton, VA. If you are interested, please contact me as soon as possible. Thanks, Sharlene Brookhaven Labs
Views: 420   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 4, 2012 4:48pm
by Sharlene
Drug sensitivies
Has anyone had a puppy/dog with drug sensitivies? I have a puppy who had symptoms, loss of balance, etc. about 24 hours after taking Heartguard and after a couple of other meds. Did you test your dog for MDS1?
Views: 389   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 4, 2012 12:42pm
by Labrador did it
m
me
"Standard" peeves...
Feel free to add your peeves. Mine is the judge that rewards bright yellow headlights on chocolate dogs. Makes me cringe every time. I hate sounding like sour grapes at shows, but when too thin, yellow eyed dog wins over a nice nice competitor, it just makes me s...
Views: 873   Replies: 16
Last Post: Dec 4, 2012 12:29pm
by jmo
a
Ann H
New look forum...
Jill, you did good. Love the new look. Can't wait to check out all the new dogs on spotlight...thanks for keeping the forum going for us.
Views: 722   Replies: 10
Last Post: Dec 3, 2012 10:51pm
by Branwood
Prelims
Somewhere on the OFA site, it gives statistics for how often ratings change from prelims to final hip and elbow evals. Specifically, it tells you what the oods of prelims at 18 mos changing compared to prelims at 1 year. I can't find what I am looking for but I kno...
Views: 353   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 3, 2012 3:43pm
by Prelims
Antifreeze update
A week ago I posted the sad news about my son and his wife who live in Alaska having to put down their boy, Luke, after he ingested Glycol, antifreeze. My son's detective work and not letting his boy's voice go unheard has learned the results of lab tests. 2 of the 5...
Views: 427   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 3, 2012 2:12pm
by still appalled
info how labrador puppies sold in pakistan adds...many chocolates from usa parents
http://karachi.olx.com.pk/chocolate-labrador-puppies-for-sale-iid-452200436
Views: 578   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 3, 2012 9:58am
by English/American
f
Friend
Need Reasonable Vet in San Francisco (Pleasant Hill) Area
A friend of mine has a vet who is going to charge her $500 for a dentistry for an 8 year old 14 lb dog. And as we talked it sounds like they have been really ripping her off. Charging $20 for a "fecal kit" which was a glove and a container. The fecal test was extr...
Views: 256   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 2, 2012 10:29pm
by Jan@Dunrobin
Standard to think about
I think some need to keep temperament at the top of that standard also. No excuse for it. Also, when checking on stud dog do we ask this question, temperament, full detention, eye color. As much as we pay for a stud dog, think we should ask. Most clearance are right...
Views: 572   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 2, 2012 12:42am
by Good temperament...
"Marty"
Last night I bade good-bye to my beloved, once in a lifetime Labrador, "Marty", sometimes affectionately known as "Smarty Marty" or "Farty Marty", but forever known as BISS Ch Lubberline Martingale. It was a very special 12 years of devotion that he gave to me & lef...
Views: 1287   Replies: 27
Last Post: Nov 29, 2012 7:41pm
by Cindy Sommer
Long ear hair?
One of my pups who belongs to a family member had developed weird long hairs on his ears, a good inch or more in length. And it's not all his ear hair, just some of it. Kind of fuzz looking. He is chocolate, 10 mo. old, and the hairs were noticed around 7 mo of ag...
Views: 331   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 29, 2012 1:54pm
by Curious
LRCPV January Match Flyer on website
Hi all, Just to let you know our B-OB Breed and All Breed Obedience match is set for January 6, 2013. The flyer is available by link on the Upcoming Events page. Hope to see you all there. http://www.lrcpv.org/Upcoming_Events.html
Views: 346   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 28, 2012 11:08pm
by xibitor
Worming A Pregnant Bitch
I was shocked to find my bitch who is 30 days along in her pregnancy is has tape worm. I found the segments in her poop. Shes had her shots, worming all that good stuff which is why I am surprised to find this. Can anyone tell me if there is a safe wormer to tre...
Views: 380   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 28, 2012 8:51pm
by techy
Ever seen this?
Any one ever seen these little 'ear tags' in a Labrador? http://www.vizsladogs.com/ARTICLES/futaki.htm
Views: 934   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 28, 2012 5:46pm
by irony!
atrial septic defect
One of my five month old pups has been diagnosed with atrial septic defect with blood flowing from the left into the right atrium, and with some blood flow from the left to the right ventricle. He went to the vet for a routine matter when it was discovered; his owner...
Views: 789   Replies: 13
Last Post: Nov 28, 2012 1:59pm
by ?
Heart Murmer
Does a heart murmer always mean TVD? Vet said it was a 3 out of 6 in a 12 week old pup. TY
Views: 577   Replies: 10
Last Post: Nov 28, 2012 12:42pm
by Go to a cardiolo...
digital camera
my sony cybershot has bit the dust, and i need am searching for a new digital camera, Please give me some recomendations, as i need a really good camera for taking pics of my labs.
Views: 648   Replies: 15
Last Post: Nov 28, 2012 2:02am
by Breeder
j
Joan
Pat Hastings - Structure in Action Workshop
Mid-Jersey LRC is sponsoring a Pat Hastings "Structure in Action" workshop in Bridgewater, NJ on December 1st. There are still some openings. FMI go to MJLRC.org and go to the "Events" page to download a flyer/reservation form.
Views: 351   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 27, 2012 9:15pm
by Sarita
a
AnnaH
Fanconi's Syndrome ?
Posting this for a friend who has a 8 year old lab - any experiences with this? She has been losing weight since the summer. She went from about 62 pounds down to 52. About half way through the weight loss, we brought her to the vet and, after what we thought wa...
Views: 491   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 27, 2012 7:33pm
by Melody Losea
Retinal Dysplasia
A friend's dog went in for it's first CERF and found out that this is what the dog has. Geographical? She was going to be used for breeding, but obviously not. Honestly, haven't heard too much about it. Retinal Folds, but is this what retinal folds turn into....
Views: 562   Replies: 8
Last Post: Nov 27, 2012 6:41pm
by Contact Dr. Rubi...
Metronidazole
At what age is Metronidazole safe to use?
Views: 589   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 26, 2012 6:06pm
by Question
l
Linda
Sensitive skin
I just wanted everyone to know who has a skin sensitive, ear gunk problem to know. After many home remedies, Vet visits. My girl has had no problems with skin problems or ear gunk for two months after eating Blue Buffalow Basics. Turkey and potato. She is comforta...
Views: 358   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 26, 2012 4:06pm
by Charlotte K.
outside runs flooring
I have used sand in the past, and I like it. Problem is that I have a slight slop in this house and the rain has washed the sand off. I'm trying to decide between adding more sand, which would last for about 1 year, pea gravel, or gravel 57. I will not consider con...
Views: 535   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 25, 2012 8:21am
by Breeder
f
flakey
dandruff
I have a 6 month old bitch pup here that has had a great coat until now - she's on PPP and has been since she arrived here 3 months ago. Now her entire back is covered in dandruff. Noticed it 2 weeks ago and brushed her, then I gave her an oatmeal bath a week ago an...
Views: 312   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 24, 2012 9:10pm
by Linda Curpier
DogZymes
Does anyone use Nature's Farmacy DogZymes daily with growing pups? I've been using it thinking it would be good support for maturing digestive systems/growing puppies, but noticed the calcium/phos and didn't want to throw anything off.
Views: 279   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 24, 2012 12:29pm
by Growing Like A W...
Springfield MA / results yet?
Hi , I know this is frowned on by some but I am so anxious to know results from Springfield. If someone would be so kind to fill me in it would make my day! Thanks in advance for your time and please have a great Thanksgiving!
Views: 467   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 23, 2012 10:23pm
by Look up results
Liver Shunt
Is there any experience here with Liver Shunt? Is it genetic? Pup is over a year old, but has always circled, stared into space, gone into "freeze-mode" where she seems unable to move, and cried for no obvious reason. The vets agree that she is a little strange...
Views: 404   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 23, 2012 7:12pm
by Circling puppy
Question on Rules
I know on here you cannot sell your dogs, puppies, or stud services. But if you have whelping supplies you no longer need can you advertise them on here? I don't know where else I would put my stuff out for breeders to see. TIA
Views: 471   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 23, 2012 2:04pm
by Question
k
Kathy
Remedy For Fading Puppies
I may be jumping the gun here, but has anyone had any luck with the liver recipe for treating fading pups. Or any other suggestions for fading puppies, if this is what my pup is experiencing?
Views: 485   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 23, 2012 1:25pm
by Yumm
B/C & B/Y breeding
I know that normally you would not breed a b/c to a b/y However, I really like a few b/y studs but am hesitant to ask What are your opinions on this as stud dog owners? Thank you for your input!
Views: 1333   Replies: 23
Last Post: Nov 23, 2012 12:26am
by just me
spot on eye
I noticed my girl has a tiny white spot on her eye. Any ideas? Can't go to the vet today.
Views: 353   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 22, 2012 4:11pm
by Breeder
m
Melody
Gift Basket For Veterinarian's Office
I am hoping I can get some ideas from fellow lab owners. My veterinarians office has gone above & beyond helping me with my 2 labs - they are always willing to go the extra mile, not only for my dogs, but for all their clients. I would like to give them somethin...
Views: 759   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 22, 2012 7:49am
by terri
Limited Registration
I would normally sell on limited registration, but have a young lady who may be interested in getting started in Junior Showmanship. Does anyone know if a dog with limited registration can be shown in Juniors? If you can steer us in the direction of the answe...
Views: 622   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 22, 2012 7:19am
by Breeder warning
s
Sad
OCD - is it genetic or diet related?
Just had 2nd pup from last year's litter diagnosed with OCD. It was the first time I fed and had families feed Proplan Chicken and Rice for all life stages. I've had this line for ages but never used the stud's line before. These two are the only OCD whe've ever pr...
Views: 643   Replies: 14
Last Post: Nov 22, 2012 3:16am
by Vet Tech-Breeder
National Photos
Can anyone tell me where or how to get my photos from the National? It seems like they should be here, but I did not attend, so I don't know if there is a website or something and I don't have the Premium anymore. Thank you.
Views: 382   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 21, 2012 10:40pm
by Sherry
Mid-Jersey Labrador Retriever Club Supported Entry
The Mid-Jersey Labrador Retriever Club is doing a supported entry at the Delaware Water Gap Kennel Club Show which will be held on December 16th, 2012 in Allentown, Pa. The judges for this event are: Regular Classes - Laura Dedering, Folklaur Labradors Swee...
Views: 398   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 21, 2012 9:51am
by Exhibitor
Diamond Puppy Food?
I've previously used Royal Canin starter and puppy food with good results. I hesitate to try something new but would like to find something a little easier to get. My adults have always done very well on Diamond Performance. Does anyone have any experience feeding...
Views: 439   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 20, 2012 9:49pm
by Kirkland
Vintage Labradors
Hello I am looking for Vintage Historic Labrador Pictures. Show ring, hunting, candids ect. Please and Thanks.. Any links, and/or feed back would be Greatly Appreciative.. Happy Thanksgiving..
Views: 512   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 20, 2012 2:50pm
by Facebooker
Piedmont Question
Hello Everyone... Just wondering if anyone knows the judges for Piedmont this year?? Can't find it anywhere... Are they having a show??? I have gone down to this show before and really like it looking to go back just trying to find out some more information...
Views: 520   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 20, 2012 9:27am
by linked through F...
d
Donna
Standard Poodle who "crotch greets"
A friend who just adopted a Standard Poodle has asked how to solve her 2 year old from "crotch greeting" She will do it with anyone who meets her. A way to seek attention to be petted. Some think it is funny but others taken by quite a surprise and shamed. What to do...
Views: 442   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 19, 2012 11:13pm
by me2
Calcium/Phosphorus Ratios again (is this OK?)
So I have been feeding a food for the last several months that I LOVE! It's a very high quality food, given 4.5 and 5 star ratings by dog food advisor. Now I have puppies and I want to put them on the same brand of puppy food. It also has very high quality in...
Views: 456   Replies: 9
Last Post: Nov 19, 2012 8:29pm
by Wag The Dog (1)
Waste disposal system
Anyone familiar with this waste disposal system? http://www.bokashicycle.com/Instruct..._08012010w.htm Looking at ways to manage solid waste without a large septic system. This sounds like a great solution...just wondering if anyone has heard of it or uses it....
Views: 273   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 19, 2012 8:50am
by Meredith
Frozen semen rates
What's the going stud fee on a frozen dog? (dog is deceased)
Views: 855   Replies: 13
Last Post: Nov 18, 2012 8:09pm
by Raina
Choosing The Best Puppy Seminar DVD by Dr. Carmen Battaglia
I received an e-mail offering this DVD. I'm not newbie, but i'm always willing to listen to all knowledgeable sources. Is it worth the $30+? I have the Puppy Puzzle and it was an important tool when I started picking out my keepers years ago.
Views: 453   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 17, 2012 3:08pm
by Breeder OP
antifreeze alert
It was with great sadness, not believing that this happened, how could this have happened, that my son and his wife put down their beloved black boy, Luke. This wonderful family and their 'boy' live in Alaska. As best as we could figure out, a few weeks ago, the hous...
Views: 484   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 17, 2012 8:42am
by Linda@Staghorn
Whelper Helper
A few years ago I knew of someone who would whelp & raise a litter for the price of a pup. It seems like a lot of work for only $1500-1800. Does anyone have any recent experience and what did you/they charge.
Views: 2065   Replies: 15
Last Post: Nov 16, 2012 4:15pm
by What works for m...
Demographics of canine athletes
Posted on behalf of Dr. Chris Zink PhD, DVM, DACVSMR "I have designed an anonymous survey to help people learn more about the needs of canine athletes. It seems hard to believe to those of us who are passionate about canine sports, but there is hardly ANY research...
Views: 339   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 16, 2012 7:46am
by Charlotte K.
Jose Antonio from PansyLabs threw a dead dog in a dumpster after a dog show
I am not sure if anyone here is aware of what happened to this poor dog down in Brazil, however I have to share it. A Brazilian Labrador puppy mill breeder (Jose Antonio from PansyLabs), this guy happens to be the president of the Sao Paulo Labrador Club had a Labrad...
Views: 1017   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 16, 2012 6:31am
by roberto r.
d
Deb H.
Three Scoops of Vanilla Fundraiser 11/16/12 Benefits LABMED
Today's the day!! 25% of all orders at the Three Scoops of Vanilla website will be donated to LABMED!! Start your Christmas shopping now!!
Views: 275   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 16, 2012 1:07am
by Deb H.
Favorite soft crates?
my old one is pretty beat....looking for advise on picking out a new one......
Views: 433   Replies: 9
Last Post: Nov 15, 2012 7:15pm
by New Breeder
Puppy Tail
My new pup has a tiny kink at the tip of his tail. He's the pick puppy and it gives the ilusion that his tail is bent over the top towards his head. It's a very small tweak. Keep or place?
Views: 469   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 15, 2012 6:52pm
by me too
r
Ruth
Young dog with hip dysplasia ~ need specialist in MN!
I recently found out that my 1 year old female lab has hip dysplasia. We haven't actually sent the x-rays into the OFA as the vet said they looked very bad, and wouldn't pass. Our local small town vet took the x-rays. He took only 1 as far as I know. We were very sur...
Views: 611   Replies: 9
Last Post: Nov 15, 2012 3:21pm
by Dam?
Potomac 2013
Can some one please point me in the right direction of where to find info on the judging panel for 2013 or if you know please answer this post? Should be published by now right - show is 5 months away. TIA
Views: 966   Replies: 10
Last Post: Nov 15, 2012 10:42am
by Jill DiGesare
New Champion
A little brag. . . a new champion... My Big Al, Hopbrook's Git Er Done, got er done at the Salisbury, MD shows this past weekend. Big Al, who was WD at Jersey Skylands, finished with a BOB at the Talbot Kennel Club show and added 3 select points to his record....
Views: 518   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 14, 2012 9:18pm
by Melodie Fitts
PRLRC - Seminar on Nutrition for the Labrador Retriever, by Dr. Cailin Heinze
Presents a Seminar on: Nutrition for the Labrador Retriever by Veterinary Nutritionist, Dr. Cailin Heinze Saturday, Dec 8, 2012, Time: 10 A.M.-Noon followed by Q&A, Cost $35 (inc. morning refreshments. Location: North Stonington Agricultural Grange Hall, 21 Wyas...
Views: 410   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 14, 2012 3:19pm
by Lori Riley
webmaster
Need names you could suggest for a good person that is not too expensive and could create and update sites for friends? TIA
Views: 899   Replies: 10
Last Post: Nov 13, 2012 6:52pm
by Looking for..
d
Donna
Royal Canin good for coats?
I have seen two different breeds now discussing how they switched to Royal Canin and that they have seen improvement in coat. Actually more in the amount of coat. Does anyone know what ingredient this may be to help with coat? My guess is Omega 3. Any more th...
Views: 490   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 13, 2012 11:01am
by breeder2
Age requirement for purchase of Frontline
I think we might have fleas here. I have not seen any at all but I have bites on my arms and legs and I am so sensitive that I would think that for sure we have them. I don't routinely give Frontline to my guys but gave it to everyone this morning and went to Tract...
Views: 379   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 12, 2012 5:41pm
by cool man
h
Hmmmm
EIC
I have a question regarding EIC testing with the U of M. I have always used DDC in the past and have done the cheek swab testing myself. This may sound like a dumb question...Can I do the cheek swab testing with U of M or do I need to have a vet do it? The reason I...
Views: 871   Replies: 8
Last Post: Nov 12, 2012 4:56pm
by DDC-UofMinn
RDLRC results
Anyone want to give us any of the results for RD Club today ?
Views: 593   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 12, 2012 8:08am
by Renee Willis
n
Need
Urine sugar
information please on high sugar content in a newborn's urine. Urine is so sugary it is very sticky and color is bright yellow. Do herpes babies do this??? Thank you
Views: 262   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 11, 2012 11:39pm
by Need
n
Sending for training
Never had a dog I aspired to show, only field bred dogs. Now I do. I want to send him for hunting training. My concern is that he will develop calluses on his elbows from being on the cement and in the dog truck/trailer. Any suggestions to give trainers to prevent ca...
Views: 1200   Replies: 21
Last Post: Nov 11, 2012 11:12am
by Newbie
Rover Hamilton Research VS Clone collection kits
Anyone use the Rover Kit? My breeding "helper" likes this. Better results with one over the other? Which one is easier to use? Thanks
Views: 260   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 11, 2012 9:58am
by breeder
lupoid onychodystrophy
Have a family whose 4 year old dog has brittle nails and was diagnosed with Lupoid Onychodystrophy. I don't know much about it, but they are treat with omega 3 and vitamin E. They think its working, but vet said it can take a while. They are keeping nails short, b...
Views: 495   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 10, 2012 9:06pm
by drew
s
Sara
Supraspinatus insertionopathy
Just wondering if anyone has dealt with Supraspinatus insertionopathy and if so what did you do, and how did it turn out? I have a boy that has been in pain appears in his neck but not limping and appears to have this from X-rays. We realize that the only true way...
Views: 376   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 10, 2012 3:56pm
by Sara
Question for stud dog owners
Are you still requesting a negative brucellosis test for bitches when you do shipped semen? When you do a side by side? How far in advance of the breeding are you comfortable with the result?
Views: 697   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 10, 2012 7:12am
by Stud Owner
Bloomsburg Kennel Cough
We were at the Bloomsburg shows this weekend - heard a couple of dogs coughing from their crates - my girl started the cough last night - anyone else heard of it going through that show?
Views: 771   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 10, 2012 6:48am
by :)
k
Karen
JOAN - I'd like to contact you please!
I would very much like to contact Joan from this group rather urgently. If anyone can point me in her direction with a phone number or email address, I'd really appreciate it! Thank you!
Views: 548   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 9, 2012 12:36pm
by Karen
s
Sarita
All-Breed Health Clinic - Nov. 18, 2012
It's that time of the year again - Mid-Jersey Labrador is hosting their annual health clinic in Red Bank, NJ Eyes - Dr. Michael Ringle Heart - Dr. Carl Sammarco - auscultation Optigen 20/20 clinic Home Again micro chips and Free Blood draws for Epilepsy research...
Views: 300   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 9, 2012 9:09am
by bumper
Eye Bubble
My 7 y.o girl has what looks like a bubble on her eye and it moves around. I have not seen anything like this before. We went to the vet and now are referred to a specialsit but my vet seemes very concerned. Any one ever see something like this?
Views: 382   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 8, 2012 10:11pm
by Breeder
Hepatocutaneoup Syndrone
Has anyone had a lab with this problem. Have a family wanting to purchase a puppy but their 12 1/2yr old lab has this, should they wait ?? any problem to the puppy, thanks for any help
Views: 476   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 8, 2012 8:54pm
by information plea...
Birmingham, AL Wet Nurse needed
Please help a litter in the Birmingham Alabama area! From the Canine Reproduction list: "URGENT!! Need a wet nurse for litter of (9) 3 day old golden retriever puppies located in Birmingham, AL - !!! contact Joanne Cava 704-467-4532" From earlier pos...
Views: 366   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 7, 2012 1:32pm
by Lab Lover
2lts
breeding, what happened???
I was on vacation when I bred my bitch so it was completely managed by my vet. I took her in today for a 2nd ultra sound at 28 days from the last breeding and no puppies. Here is how the breeding went: We hade done several pg test prior but I can't remember what t...
Views: 1067   Replies: 19
Last Post: Nov 7, 2012 7:23am
by Dusty
Atlanta Specialty
Anyone have results???
Views: 712   Replies: 8
Last Post: Oct 24, 2012 7:54pm
by missed it
Entered under a judge changed to stud dog owner entries not closed
Hi dilema? Should I cancel entry. Pup will be 11 mos. I remember this being discussed, but not exactly this situation? Trying to build major so don't know what to do?? Thanks in advance
Views: 569   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 4, 2012 12:17pm
by Breeder/tech
anyone have luck with conventional time healing for ACL?
4 year old female with ACL searched this forum for options of time care instead of surgery. couldn't seem to find anything. would like opinions from those that have been successful
Views: 564   Replies: 17
Last Post: Nov 3, 2012 7:20pm
by Carol lynn
Breeding Consultant???
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204846304578090683395043530.html?mod=googlenews_wsj#articleTabs%3Darticle A Breeder's Quest for Perfect Puppies By JULIA FLYNN SILER Marina Hall Phillips calls herself a "crazy, passionate dog person." But in her wor...
Views: 558   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 3, 2012 10:48am
by Wall Street Jour...
Virginia Lyne, Betty Stenmark
Does anyone know what these judges like, if they are "competent", or if they are "handler" judges? Thanks for your input!
Views: 689   Replies: 9
Last Post: Nov 3, 2012 9:09am
by A Canadian
Chip in to help dogs displaced by Hurricane Sandy
Saw this on Facebook and I copied and pasted it. OK Some of you know that the hurricane hit an area that is near and dear to my (Bridget) heart. The Jersey Shore is where I grew up. I don't know how many are watching it unfold , but the Shore was destroyed! I sit...
Views: 418   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 3, 2012 8:37am
by valwhalen
photo sessions
I am just confused about the protocol of getting photos. We had private photos taken back at Colorado and I wasn't asked for money, but was I supposed to pay ahead of time or do you receive the proofs. Does anyone else know what I supposed to do. I am afraid that...
Views: 625   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 1, 2012 5:04pm
by Was There
greasy puppy coats.
I have a 1 week old litter. With this litter, some of the pups look/feel like their coats are greasy. Some are greasy on their bottoms and tails while other are greasy on their head and/or back. Some are not greasy at all. They look wet but when you feel their coats...
Views: 894   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 1, 2012 4:32pm
by slippery
NBP Labs and dog shows
Who decided that Dudleys can't be shown? The standard reads: Color The Labrador Retriever coat colors are black, yellow and chocolate. Any other color or a combination of colors is a disqualification. A small white spot on the chest is permissible, but not desi...
Views: 1197   Replies: 14
Last Post: Oct 31, 2012 11:19pm
by the standard
m
Mel
Heart Check Preference
What is the preferred heart check - auscultation or the Doppler/Echo? What is the reason you choose to do the test that you do? Thanks in advance
Views: 1134   Replies: 39
Last Post: Oct 31, 2012 7:59pm
by Words
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Free Forum powered by Bravenet