Start a New Topic 
29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Piedmont Lost & Found
There were several items left behind at the Piedmont Specialty this past weekend. Jackets, chairs, eye glasses, brush, really cute dogs {ok..only kidding on that one} I will be bringing things identified to the Atlanta Specialty. Please email me if you left any...
Views: 362   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 15, 2010 12:35pm
by Nancy P
g
Gail R
Peidmont results
Today's---PLEASE
Views: 711   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 15, 2010 12:33pm
by Breeder
e
Edie
Chairs at Westminster?
I am going to watch the breed on Tuesday. Does anyone know if we are allowed to bring our own chairs or if there are chairs around the breed ring? TIA! :)
Views: 485   Replies: 10
Last Post: Feb 15, 2010 12:09pm
by Breeder two
Sunday Denver results?
Anyone happen to know the results for the Sunday Denver show?
Views: 296   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 15, 2010 10:46am
by Wondering
Poop Eater Solutions---Please Help!
My vet has turned me onto Prozyme and I've heard that Pumpkin works. This is a truly disgusting habit that is making me crazy. I would love to hear from people who have actually corrected this behavior. Could it be because they are frozen?? She never did this in th...
Views: 539   Replies: 22
Last Post: Feb 15, 2010 10:27am
by Alexandra Sternh...
k
Karen
Website building
Has anyone used Squarespace.com to build their website? If so, do you like their software, pros and cons? Thanks, Karen
Views: 324   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 15, 2010 7:21am
by Karen
Ingen soon to follow?
http://www.optigen.com/opt9_imppatlawx212.html Texas A&M University has thrown in the towel, No doubt, Ingen is soon to follow...
Views: 591   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 14, 2010 10:20pm
by That's an assert...
Saturday Denver Results?
Anybody? Johanne
Views: 363   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 14, 2010 7:34pm
by RMC
l
LabMom
Viability Rate of Chilled Semen
Once the collection is done, chilled and shipped, how fast does the viability rate go down?
Views: 352   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 14, 2010 7:26pm
by Sherry L. Anders...
l
Linda
Pre lims
How many of you out there breed on prelims? Both stud and bitch. If you do breed on prelims, why?
Views: 726   Replies: 14
Last Post: Feb 14, 2010 3:20pm
by I did it
t
Tina
Which Carpet Cleaner to buy?
I am looking for a carpet cleaner (machine) any suggestions? Thank you, Tina
Views: 383   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 14, 2010 3:10pm
by Me Too
h
HELP
Rear limb lameness in puppy - is it ever "nothing"?
I have a 9 1/2 month old puppy that has never showed any signs of lameness until yesterday. There was a lot more activity than usual but we are usually pretty active anyway. Puppy came up moderately lame last evening after resting for a few hours. This morning see...
Views: 489   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 14, 2010 2:30pm
by my exp.
Pyo DURING heat cycle?
I have a girl who started heat cycle on 29th of January. I've been progesterone testing her and she's been progressing. Started out at .2 then 1.0 then 2.0. We were going to test her tomorrow again. Because I was waiting on results on Friday and didn't hear anyth...
Views: 243   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 14, 2010 2:09pm
by Anyone had this ...
breeding female weight?
About what weight are your females right before you breed them? I just had a missed breeding with my girl who weighted 76# and vet seemed to think that it was because she was overweight. I am not sure I agree so wanted to kinda get a poll for what weight.She seemed t...
Views: 321   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 14, 2010 10:41am
by Christy
Labrador forged steel items
I'm interested in buying a sign for the outside of my house and maybe a weathervane any ideas?
Views: 481   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 14, 2010 8:08am
by talk
e
Em
Where to go for cardiac doppler?
For me, it's 6 one way, half dozen the other to Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Buffalo distance-wise...anybody want to refer me to a reputable Vet/Cardiologist who you trust to do the Cardiac Dopplers on your dogs? Since I'm a "newbie" and it is my first experience with...
Views: 465   Replies: 9
Last Post: Feb 14, 2010 6:56am
by Melody Losea
Puppy Price difference
Is there something explaining the difference of getting a puppy from a good breeder vs a not-so-good breeder, that I can forward to people who ask why our puppies are more then puppies from some "breeders" ? I know one was posted a while back, but I can't seem to...
Views: 711   Replies: 10
Last Post: Feb 13, 2010 8:50pm
by Gregg
OK, who else is progesterone testing right now
and is trying to decide whether or not to do this breeding based on having to miss Potomac? My bitch was 3.4 yesterday. Looks like I'll have to stay home this year, unless I skip this breeding. Decisions,decisions!
Views: 520   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 13, 2010 8:14pm
by Tina @ Tyric
O.T. Horse question.
I am new to horses and was wondering something.. A horse we "were" interested in is a "tight" line breeding. The Sire is also the Grandsire on the Dam's side. So a father/ daughter breeding... Is that common practice in horses? It doesn't sound right to me. TIA to al...
Views: 499   Replies: 11
Last Post: Feb 13, 2010 1:50pm
by breeder
l
Lori
Problem with male barging through fencing, HELP!
I have a 2+ year old male in a run next to the girls (he has 1 girl in with him as well). My problem is that he somehow starts making a little a hole in the chain link fence & then pushes his way through it so it is a large hole & he gets into the girls run. I have...
Views: 398   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 13, 2010 1:07pm
by labbies
Feedback on Royal Canin Labrador 30
My vet recommended this food and I've read good reviews...i understand that it's ingredients aren't the best...but it looks like a good middle of the road dog food.
Views: 448   Replies: 9
Last Post: Feb 13, 2010 9:45am
by Melody Losea
a
Anon
Medical problem, missing testicle
I hope to find out if anyone has ever dealt with, or heard about the following. One of my males, 20 months old, got away from us and chased a car. Nobody saw what exactly happened, but my husband heard a yelp, and the dog in question ended up obviously lame on his...
Views: 474   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 12, 2010 9:49pm
by OP
Joan Clarke's family
Many of you knew Joan Clarke of Trelawny Labradors. She started in labradors way back when and I met her when she had her first champion, Ch. Heibeau's Royal Punch and I had my first labrador, Ch. Walden's Blackbird CD. Joan and Cliff Clarke were loved by the labrad...
Views: 1050   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 12, 2010 9:41pm
by Shelley
a
Anon
Pet Homes and Owners First Right of Refusal
A year ago I placed a lovely boy with a wonderful home. I made sure to tell both the husband and wife (and put it in the contract) that if something were to ever happen and they could not keep him that he was to come back to me. Now nothing has happened and they lov...
Views: 535   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 12, 2010 9:06pm
by breeder
Piedmont weather
It's 5:00 the snow is falling and the Labbies are in heaven! 3 inches of Global Warming is forecasted. Sounds like fun
Views: 240   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 12, 2010 5:34pm
by Whether Man
For those who feed this, Natures Variety recall ........
http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/UCM200248
Views: 401   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 12, 2010 3:49pm
by Forestwood
Does anyone have a lab who doesn't like to eat? What do you do?
My 1 year old lab does not really like to eat. I have to stand over her at times to get her to focus. She seems completely disinterested in every food that I have tried, i.e. Cal Natural, Innova, Verus Any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks.
Views: 430   Replies: 20
Last Post: Feb 12, 2010 3:26pm
by Riggerman
Ingen Results yet??
Just curious if anyone out there has gotten results recently with Ingen or know of anyone who has? Mine are still waiting to be processed. No replies to my emails that I have sent for a month or more.
Views: 418   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 12, 2010 1:33pm
by Quality versus P...
Should everyone who wants a Lab have a Lab?
In another post someone has 2 Labs home alone all day, outside until after dark. Neighbors are complaining they are barking. Does everyone have a right to a dog? What is the point of puppy applications unless it is to eliminate a potential home that might not work...
Views: 637   Replies: 17
Last Post: Feb 12, 2010 11:48am
by Nancy Rudgers
show leads
Looking for a online company that sells show leads, leather & Nylon.
Views: 308   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 12, 2010 10:18am
by breeder
Indianapolis results?
Anyone know anything from Indy?
Views: 361   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 12, 2010 8:43am
by Breeder
Muck Boots
Anyone have these? Which are better, the Muckster Pet Lovers Muck Boot or the Camp Edgewater Muck Boot(available at my TSC)? Other than the color and sole pattern I can't see much difference. Is the Camp Edgewater waterproof? Thanks
Views: 448   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 11, 2010 11:33pm
by just me
UPDATE - TVD (Heart Clearance with NO PROOF)
Finally heard back from the vet today about my necropsy on my girl. All 3 of my vets stayed after office hours on monday to do the necropsy, witch I appreciate. They all took a special in tress in my girl and her condition. Under the circumstances I had t...
Views: 550   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 11, 2010 11:18pm
by Robin
Piedmont
Anyone from Jersey south have any idea when the storm will be over? Is it stopping today? tonight? I`m planning on leaving Maine about 8 pm on Thursday and driving straight through. Think it will be done snowing than? Thanks for any info anyone has. Tammy
Views: 621   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 11, 2010 10:58pm
by Libby Flowerree
g
Gail R
Roads to Piedmont specialty
If this is a repeat, I'm sorry. Computer problems. Libby (show chairperson), asked Fil Craver to relay a message that ALL the roads on the east coast, going to the Piedmont specialty are all clear. I 95 is a little congesrted, but ALL the interstates are clear,...
Views: 352   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 11, 2010 9:48pm
by Gail R
Contract Question
I received a call today from the friend of a man I sold a dog to. The guy I sold the dog to died unexpectedly, and his wife does not want the dog. The friend has been keeping the dog, and is the one who thought to call me. I told him that per the contract the dog...
Views: 963   Replies: 15
Last Post: Feb 11, 2010 9:30pm
by Nancy Rudgers
s
Sue
milkade by happy jack inc
Have any of you tried the product called Milkade by Happy Jack for bitches nursing ? Im looking into it because I think my girl may have acidic milk supply. Her puppys at about 7 days old were having the loose poops, and no distress at all. We have used f...
Views: 237   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 11, 2010 9:01pm
by Sue
PP SS&S
I contacted Purina to ask the question if there had been an ingred. change in this formula-here is the response: We appreciate your interest in our products. Please know that the Purina(r) Pro Plan(r) brand Dog Food-Sensitive Skin & Stomach Formula -Adult Dog Food...
Views: 475   Replies: 11
Last Post: Feb 11, 2010 8:02pm
by Anon
Need help naming a puupy...
Have a girl puppy with the celtic call name of Bree. Any ideas of words to put with it on the registration? Thanks for your help.
Views: 412   Replies: 11
Last Post: Feb 11, 2010 6:55pm
by Linda
AJC?? What does that mean?
What does it mean when you see AJC next to a dogs name in the Infodog results?
Views: 841   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 11, 2010 4:26pm
by Marjorie
soft dogs and showing
Has anyone ever been able to get a dog that really didn't like the ring to show really well? I have two separate lines and one in particular is so soft that they wag so hard that they wiggle themselves right out of a stack and keep their ears down which I'm thinking...
Views: 733   Replies: 10
Last Post: Feb 11, 2010 3:19pm
by breeder123
Drama!!!!!
Managed to ketch up on all the Drama post for the day and are off to bed, but before I go to bed I will be praying for some of you that you will have some type of peace in your lives. Please remember that we should all try to be kind to one another as we are a...
Views: 555   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 11, 2010 1:18am
by Breeder
t
Teresa
Barking dog(s) advice
I have two labradors that I put in an outdoor covered run during the day when I work and the weather permits so they can play with each other. I live in the country far off the road and am renting the house. The closest neighbor, the owner of the house I rent is ab...
Views: 511   Replies: 16
Last Post: Feb 11, 2010 8:46am
by Breeder
n
elbow dysplasia
Can you show a dog in breed who has had an elbow repair for ED?
Views: 569   Replies: 12
Last Post: Feb 11, 2010 6:51am
by Rules? Who needs...
a
Anne
new x-pens
Where do most people go for the best deals on x-pens? I want 24 X 36, no door. I googled and there are a million places!
Views: 572   Replies: 9
Last Post: Feb 11, 2010 1:44am
by x-pens
g
gm
Re" Westminster Lab judge?
who is judging labs at Westminster in Feb 2010?
Views: 973   Replies: 13
Last Post: Feb 10, 2010 11:16pm
by right on
French bulldog sick
This is for a friend of mine who has a French Bulldog. I told her I would see if someone on here could help. She sent these emails that I am posting. I've been having a real hard time with Onyx lately. He's really sick. Can you please tell me about any illnesses...
Views: 464   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 10, 2010 8:58pm
by ANY HELP PLEASE
Infected breast
Today i was playing with my black girl Jenna and while rubbing her tummy, I found that one of her back breast was swollen i squeezed it gently and a light green smelly infection came out, quite alot of it. She may be expecting, if so about 3 weeks. I called my vet to...
Views: 252   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 10, 2010 7:19pm
by here
Herpes Prevention Temperature
What is the temperature needed on the surface of a whelping box floor to prevent a herpes outbreak? Any special precautionary hints used by experienced breeders would be appreciated. I know of several litters lost recently from herpes and it scares me.
Views: 389   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 10, 2010 6:45pm
by Breeder24
Need info on last years Pioneer Valley Judges
If anyone can supply me with the names of the regular judges from last years Pioneer Valley Specialty, I would appreciate it. You may e-mail me privately. TIA
Views: 298   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 10, 2010 5:45pm
by Terri
benadyl dosage
the dosage of benadryl for a 20 lbs dog?
Views: 250   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 10, 2010 3:42pm
by CM
b
b
SHAME on "some" folks with Stud dogs offered to the pubic
In response to the TVD/clearance or lack of post below... SHAME on ppl with Stud Dogs that are available to the public for not having appropriate clearances AND for misleading Bitch owners into thinking they do! As a Bitch owner it is my personal decision as to...
Views: 1137   Replies: 20
Last Post: Feb 10, 2010 3:33pm
by Stud Owner
b
Brooke
weaning + puppy kibble
Do any of you allow access to dry kibble while starting to wean with typical puppy mash? Puppies are 3 1/2 weeks old, a large litter of 9.
Views: 254   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 10, 2010 3:26pm
by Dev'Sun Labrador...
Fever in Female????
First my friend has her dog at the ER vet as i type this but with 2 car accident dogs, it will be a bit before they can see her. My friend came home from work today and her year old female was panting hard, she took Mollys temp and it was 105, she took her to the v...
Views: 370   Replies: 10
Last Post: Feb 10, 2010 2:38pm
by Patty/Snowco
?
?
vetsulin
I have a boy that has been on vetsulin for over a year now-my vet has told me that they will no longer be able to get this medication and that I must bring my boy in so that they can keep him to try and switch him over to human insulin. Has anyone else heard of this...
Views: 316   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 10, 2010 1:48pm
by ?
Easti-Westi
Please advise if there is anything that I can do to correct this situation in a 3.5 month old puppy that is all there except for this. TIA
Views: 640   Replies: 15
Last Post: Feb 10, 2010 1:23pm
by track girl
spay / neuter poll
We are ahead, but let's get this up to 10K on our side. You can use your back button and keep voting NO! http://answers.polldaddy.com/poll/2642523/
Views: 233   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 10, 2010 1:20pm
by uh
Fun contest- Win a J. Partin print
Hurry, I just found this "name the 35th anniversary print" contest. It ends at midnight tonight. Go to lrcp.com for directions. You could win one of the adorable Jane Partin prints!
Views: 397   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 10, 2010 11:28am
by JP fan
d
dino
jerking puppy
what do you think is wrong with this puppy lab? My friend posted this vid.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnjITT7zO2o
Views: 622   Replies: 9
Last Post: Feb 10, 2010 10:52am
by Linda Curpier
Jersey Skylands Spring Health Clinic
Just want to let everyone know Jersey Skylands will be hosting their annual Spring Health Clinic on Sunday, April 25, 2010 in Newburgh, New York from 10 am to 1 pm. Services offered include ACVO eye exams, cardiac auscultation/echo exams, rabies vaccine and Heartwor...
Views: 295   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 10, 2010 9:24am
by Sharon Celentano...
l
Linda
Views: 250   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 10, 2010 7:24am
by Linda
computers printers
Si I don't get too overwhelmed by info I don't unstand ANYWAY, can you cmputer savy people out there in forun land reccomend a good quality one with fax and copy capabilities? (keeping in mind everyone is looking for a good deal!!!) Thanks!
Views: 277   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 10, 2010 2:49am
by Puter person
g
Ginny
English Cocker Spaniel Breeders?
I have a long time friend who had a pup out of my very first litter. He was just a pet, but died about 5 months ago at the age of 13. She is looking, now, for an English Cocker and I thought maybe I could help her. It's been a while since I've shown, bred, etc. and r...
Views: 250   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 10, 2010 2:16am
by Ginny
e
ep
piedmont
how is it looking for you all from the north east and ohio, pa area,coming to piedmont ? weather looks bad,,we are ok here in south,,just ready to build an ark,,but no snow,,stay safe
Views: 365   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 9, 2010 11:24pm
by Michigan
l
loser
Lost CERF form
What can you do if you lose your copy of the CERF exam form? Do you have to have a new exam done?
Views: 310   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 9, 2010 11:22pm
by get the facts
l
Linda
Westminster
Does anyone know if the Pro Plan Club will have a buffet at Westminster this year? Thanks
Views: 489   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 9, 2010 10:00pm
by brdr
Toe nails
I am having a big problem cutting my boys nails. He fights any attempt to cut or dremel them and he is way to strong for me to manhandle. The vet can't even cut them without knocking him out to do it. He doesn't mind his feet/nails being touched and I can massage his...
Views: 458   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 9, 2010 8:19pm
by getting nails do...
a
anon
Heat Lamps In A whelping Box???
I usually have litters in Summer, this year it is late February. Question, what do people use to keep puppies warm. I am thinking of heat lamps. My whelping box is made of wood and is 5'x4'. Where can I find them? How many to use? What is a good temp. for the floor o...
Views: 7864   Replies: 16
Last Post: Feb 9, 2010 8:03pm
by Breeder
BISS CH. Lenches Teddy Bear at the age of 15
Wanted to share with everyone Ch. Lenches Teddy Bear passed away Saturday at the age of 15 years old. He was Nancy's constant companion intill he died. He was a once in a lifetime dog that did it all. He had the best outlook on life and such a wonderful show dog t...
Views: 1144   Replies: 25
Last Post: Feb 9, 2010 3:42pm
by Paulo Cimerman -...
Litter Evaluations
Being fairly new to the breed, I whelped alitter a few weeks ago. I am preparing their evalution information and I was directed here to see if any of you have specific forms or how you go about conformation evaluations. Your advice is greatly appreciated.
Views: 739   Replies: 12
Last Post: Feb 9, 2010 2:35pm
by Riggerman
b
bite
over bite on puppy
I have a 7 week old male pup that as of 4 weeks the bite (gums looked good) they have really gone off these last two weeks. Almost 1/2 inch difference. He is sold to pet family and I have told them about the over bite, but it seems to have gotten worse and I am worri...
Views: 348   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 9, 2010 2:29pm
by Laura Dedering
Research!!!
When we go out to buy a house, we have be certain that its big enough for our family.We would never buy a 1 bedroom house when one would have 5 kids, that wouldnt make sense! It wouldnt be a good match. When we are breeding we must look for a male or female that is...
Views: 482   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 9, 2010 2:23pm
by Riggerman
small garden pond & dogs--your experience?
We are considering putting in small garden pond with a filter and pump. We had one years ago and loved the look of the flowers and sound of the water. We will, of course, cover it with screen when we have puppies but I am wondering about possible problems with lept...
Views: 384   Replies: 11
Last Post: Feb 9, 2010 1:31pm
by roflmbao
stop the blame
As breeders we are individually and wholly responsible for what we choose to do within our own breeding program. If you made a poor choice than suck it up and learn from it! Everyone does differently and that you must accept and deal with. This is no easy hobby an...
Views: 504   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 9, 2010 12:54pm
by breeder
Epilepsy research - 2/8/10
Liz says the sibling pair count is now 17. That means, it will only take another 8 pairs and the mapping study can begin. THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT! When the researchers are able to offer a test, if you submitted blood for the study you will be told the results...
Views: 371   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 9, 2010 12:04pm
by Joan McInnis
TVD & HEART CLEARANCE WITH NO POOF
Please forgive me in advance. I am mad and sad at the same time of writing this, as I had to put down one of my beloved girls at the age of 3Y today due to a heart condition. The vet thinks it could be TVD, my first case in the 16 years of breeding. When I b...
Views: 603   Replies: 10
Last Post: Feb 9, 2010 11:37am
by Disagree!
Teddy.......Thank you
Thank you all ....for your kind words. It really helps. He was special .... Nancy
Views: 621   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 9, 2010 10:42am
by Greg Lynch
about how much would it be to send my girl to Florida?
I don't want to embarrass myself by contacting one of the handlers. Can anyone tell me *about* how much it would be to send my girl to Florida for all the shows? Would $3000 be about right?
Views: 420   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 9, 2010 10:16am
by labbie
atlanta show
anyone have the results from yesterday or today? wont be posted for long time because its onofrio. thanks
Views: 853   Replies: 16
Last Post: Feb 8, 2010 9:35pm
by Kim F.
b
Bdr
Pipe Major still standing stud?
Does anyone know if Pipe Major is still available for stud, and if so who to contact? Thanks
Views: 716   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 8, 2010 6:43pm
by LauraW
Lab with persistent rash!
HELP!!! I am a newbie yellow lab(bitch) owner. She is 14 months old and has developed a rash, which we have been trying to eliminate for the past six months. This is what we have tried: 1. first round of antibiotics and prednisone - rash went away and then came b...
Views: 298   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 8, 2010 6:33pm
by Deluxbury Lab Mo...
k
Kudos
New Champion-Congratulations Sue!!!
Congratulations to Sue Willumsen and her new Champion "Walter" Willcare To Fly Under the Radar. A special congratulations to Kathy Mines and Team for their expert handling. I look forward to seeing the new Chocolate Champion in the Best of Breed ring this upcoming...
Views: 775   Replies: 18
Last Post: Feb 8, 2010 1:45pm
by Tom & Stacy Quak...
When to Progesterone test...
I am breeding one of my bitches for the second time in a few months. Just wanted your opinion on something. Last time we tested her at 6, 10, and 13 days. 6th day was
Views: 456   Replies: 15
Last Post: Feb 8, 2010 12:00pm
by stud owners
CH Gingerbred Cutter's Delite JH... Teal
Tonight our family is mourning the passing and celebrating the life of our wonderful girl Teal, CH Gingerbred Cutter's Delite JH! Last night she went to bed happy and passed on quietly in her sleep. She was 14 years old. She has always lived with both her breeders...
Views: 691   Replies: 11
Last Post: Feb 8, 2010 7:34am
by gail
Int Am Can Fin Est Kans CH Chancellor Merry April 1997 - Feb 2010
It is with a very heavy heart and great sadness that I announce the passing of my beloved Mystic, in his 13th year. My tribute to him is posted on his page on my website. When I got involved in the fancy and rescue I heard a term I had never heard before - he...
Views: 969   Replies: 23
Last Post: Feb 8, 2010 7:12am
by Tom
Westminster show
Anyone know some of the dogs who are going ? Love to watch on the video. Have not heard much this year.
Views: 604   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 8, 2010 4:51am
by Bluesouth Labs
b
BigDog
DJD
Just a brief follow up to thank all for your suggestions to help my old guy! I am very pleased to state that I started him on METACAM 3 days ago, and today I saw a big change in him, the limp is 75% gone and he moves out in a whole different way. I have ordered the E...
Views: 273   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 7, 2010 8:27pm
by bdr
Bad ear infection
I have a 3 year old girl that just wont quit with ear infections, tried different vets and nothing. Black stuff comes out of her ears I clean them up and treat them and its back in a week. Any suggestions that may be of help??? TIA
Views: 323   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 7, 2010 7:40pm
by Hmmmm
c
Chris
Phoenix/Papago LRC Shwo Results?
Has anyone heard results from the shows in Phoenix for Thursday and Friday (today)? If someone could post I'd appreciate it. Thanks
Views: 475   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 7, 2010 3:27pm
by Liz Baird
Mid-Atlantic= How's the weather?
It's seldom that my relatives in Maryland can brag about severe weather that would impress a Wisconsinite outside of hurricane season, but it sounds as if they've got a doozy of a storm going right now. How is everyone doing?
Views: 315   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 7, 2010 11:42am
by Shirley ciprian
k
Ken
Helping Breeder Friends
If you have breeder friends in the Mid-Atlantic States please check on them. Parts of Virginia are without power and will remain that way until Tuesday. They may need generators, dog food or just emergency advice. CALL THEM, much of the phone service is still work...
Views: 427   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 7, 2010 9:14am
by Ken
What NOT to bring to the Potomac
http://livethecountrydream.wordpress.com/2010/02/06/yellow-tail-or-yellow-fail/
Views: 654   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 7, 2010 8:00am
by Olivia Nankivell
b
bdr
progesterone testing accurately
Regarding the accuracy of progesterone testing. Is the key how the vet techs process the specimen or how the lab doing the testing does the test? Is Idexx or Antec better as far as labs go? Any vet techs that can explain the process from their end? Certain typ...
Views: 324   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 7, 2010 1:23am
by Breeder24
Lab with persistent rash!
HELP!!! I am a newbie yellow lab(bitch) owner. She is 14 months old and has developed a rash, which we have been trying to eliminate for the past six months. This is what we have tried: 1. first round of antibiotics and prednisone - rash went away and then came b...
Views: 408   Replies: 9
Last Post: Feb 6, 2010 9:04pm
by Anne
re:pet export to Canada
It seems as though regulations have changed since I flew my puppy to Canada last summer. I have now read that a special veterinarian within each state has to examine the pup for international travel. My private vet completed the health cert. last July/ Effective O...
Views: 297   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 6, 2010 1:05pm
by Victoria Walker
AKC CAR Microchip ProScan 600
I'm looking into purchasing a microchip scanner that is universal (scans all types of chips). Is there any other type of scanner besides the ProScan 600 that anyone can recommend?
Views: 244   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 6, 2010 12:22pm
by ->
E1-Lens, punctate cataract
Looking at a stud with this on his CERF. Did some research and many say it can be caused by injury... But on the vertical pedigree it has been passed down several generations... Does anyone know anything about this in Labs and the significance?
Views: 694   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 6, 2010 11:31am
by Sherry L. Anders...
30/20 Foods
Do you know of any other 30% protein, 20% fat foods that I could add to my list? Purina Pro Plan Performance Eagle Pack Super Premium Power Pack Fromm Family Foods Grain-Free Surf & Turf for Dogs Royal Canin Maxi Labrador Retriever 30 Formula Exclusive Chicken...
Views: 698   Replies: 13
Last Post: Feb 6, 2010 11:19am
by b
Some heat questions...
Hello everybody :) I am waiting for my female to come in. She was last time in heat in April 29th to May 19th 2009. People have told me that this is normal and I should just wait patiently for her to come in. Does any one here has a similar experience where a bitc...
Views: 422   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 6, 2010 6:44am
by Wondering :)
Ranking
Can anyone tell me where I can find the top ten ranking for Labradors for January 2010?
Views: 353   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 6, 2010 1:01am
by Rankings
Kennel cough in nursing bitch
It appears we brought kennel cough home from the vet's office last week. My girl had an x-ray to count for # of puppies on Tuesday, whelped on Thursday and now she's got kennel cough. What should I anticipate? Can I give her Robitussin? What about the puppies? N...
Views: 3095   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 5, 2010 7:21am
by Elizabeth Martin
Speaking of Gordy
looking for a yellow boy out of Gordy that is either has clearances and/or prelims. And maybe some litters on ground. Please Advice TIA Want one with his build and his TEMPERMANT!!!!!!! Love that old boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Views: 986   Replies: 9
Last Post: Feb 5, 2010 3:11am
by OFA
o
OMG
ASPCA (PETA in disquise) at it again
"News from the Courts Pennsylvania – On December 29, 2009, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court held that the non-profit group that enforces Pennsylvania's animal control laws does not qualify for governmental immunity from lawsuits that result from that work. The...
Views: 492   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 4, 2010 9:18pm
by get the facts
LRC, Inc Press Reps for Labradors Will Be At Westminster Looking for YOU!
Hello Westminster Exhibitors: The Labrador Club, Inc. will have both a writer (me) and a photographer (John Ownren) ringside and in the benching areas for this show, eager for your stories and photos for a future issue. If you're interested in your dog appearing i...
Views: 397   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 4, 2010 7:27pm
by Robin Anderson, ...
Cost of Pups
Just wondering if other people are encountering Puppy Buyers price shopping instead of quality/health/temp. of your puppies. What few calls or e-mails I am getting right now they are ALL wanting me to either give them a Bargain or a Discount on my puppies. They do...
Views: 981   Replies: 19
Last Post: Feb 4, 2010 6:52pm
by anon
Piedmont
Any news of the entry numbers yet?
Views: 491   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 4, 2010 5:46pm
by Libby Flowerree
a
ann
brucellosis
what is the poll on the spread of this lately? anyone on here dealt with it or know someone that has delt with it in the past few years? brucellosis is rare in US livestock due to heavy eradication methods, just curious about canines?
Views: 526   Replies: 11
Last Post: Feb 4, 2010 4:43pm
by Sherry L. Anders...
p
Piper
Surgical vs. Transcervical
I am getting ready to use frozen semen on my girl. It belongs to me and there are 31 inseminations worth. I have not spoken with my repro vet yet about this topic, but wanted some advice from the "pros" on this forum. He does both surgical and transcervical - wh...
Views: 483   Replies: 12
Last Post: Feb 4, 2010 3:18pm
by Mary
Looking for a Black Gordy Son
Help Please. I have been doing my research and wanted to know if there is any males or upcoming males that are out of Gordy that are black. Have prelim/clearances etc. Would love to hear . Haven't been able to go to show this past year due to a scare with Cance...
Views: 760   Replies: 11
Last Post: Feb 4, 2010 1:07pm
by Breeder F
h
hmmm??
changing food brands
I am looking at changing from a more commercial line kibble to something like Wellness or Orijen. What have you all found changing your dogs from commercial to more (I call them) specialty type diets? Do any of them have breeder discount clubs? TIA
Views: 404   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 4, 2010 10:49am
by LuvLabs
Hollow front
I have a 1 1/2 years old boy. He is all good but his chest has not dropped. Should I give up? How much can they take on filling up and doping the chest? TIA
Views: 675   Replies: 14
Last Post: Feb 4, 2010 9:33am
by brd
m
mcs
bone density
I have a four month old puppy with good bone.....how do I keep that bone?....is it possible to lose it? or can I maintain it through excellent nutrition??I am feeding him Wellness large breed puppy food...26% protein....is that too high??....can you recommend somethi...
Views: 332   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 4, 2010 9:23am
by mcs
a
Anne
Early heat cycle, 3 yo
My 3 yo bitch just had a normal season starting Sept 20. It's only been 4 mos and 10 days and apparently her 5 yo half sister (who has been bred and is now on her way out) has pulled her in already as I noticed she was swollen and discharging today! Same girl gets...
Views: 386   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 4, 2010 1:09am
by Anne
Good sign?
Just did a breeding on my girl 2 and a half weeks ago. She went out to pee and had a discharge stuck to her tail. It looked like egg whites, stringy and clear. Is this a good sign she is pregnant? I didn't think this should happen this early on.
Views: 578   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 4, 2010 12:38am
by Newer to breedin...
Ear problems in old guy
I have a 9 year old boy thats never had ear problems in his life. About 6 months ago he got an infection, given antibiotics. It came back right after the meds ran out. The vet then gave him a diff. antibiotic and ear drops, zymox i believe? The infection came back. D...
Views: 273   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 3, 2010 11:40pm
by breeder
Teeth care
Care of teeth is definitely something which I need to change and improve on this year. What do all of you use, how often, etc.? Any/all advice is much appreciated! TIA
Views: 434   Replies: 15
Last Post: Feb 3, 2010 7:38pm
by Turkey neck
Motorhomes - Class A or Class C, etc.?
I am thinking of buying a used motorhome for short weekend getaways and traveling to dog shows with 2-6 dogs. In my area of the country it is not unusual to have to drive 8-12 hours sometimes for a show. There are what appear to be some real deals on Craigslist - mid...
Views: 333   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 3, 2010 10:28am
by Devil's Advocate
n
Info with AKC
Hi, if I only have the AKC number of a dog, how can I know who the owner is at the AKC web page with only that number? Thanks,
Views: 455   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 3, 2010 8:30am
by Lab Breeder
j
Jan
This is cute...
A Dogs Purpose
Views: 426   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 2, 2010 10:13pm
by Jan
Puppy with Staph inf. resistant to all antiobiotics
I have a puppy that has had a UTI for a month. The puppy is 3 1/2 month old. The vet had treated him for a couple of weeks with Clavmox. The vet just ran a culture and got the results back today, which said it was a Staph infection and it was resistant to all antibio...
Views: 379   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 2, 2010 9:48pm
by MRSA
l
Linda
Girl swallowing rocks
I have a 4 year old bitch. Healthy, enough food, water exercise. Problem she swallows rocks, I'm not talking pebbles, little stones, I'm talking rocks that are 1 1/2 inches in length by 1/4 inch thick, all rounded at the edges. Is she missing something in her diet...
Views: 416   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 2, 2010 7:08pm
by Anon
j
judy
Pre mature labor
Has any one used "Terbutaline" for pre mature labor
Views: 451   Replies: 10
Last Post: Feb 2, 2010 7:06pm
by just me
Iverheart Max - Do you use?
I was ordering Heartgard on-line and saw the Iverheart Max, which covers round, hook and now tape worm. Does anyone use this product? Any feedback? Thank you.
Views: 189   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 2, 2010 6:26pm
by wellll
j
Julia
books for novice owners/puppy buyers
I thought this was discussed not too long ago, but did a search with no results. I have had a family contact me about adding a Lab to their family. They have never owned a dog before and I was thinking of suggesting some puppy rearing/ training books to them. What do...
Views: 325   Replies: 9
Last Post: Feb 2, 2010 3:54pm
by SueM
Grain Free Food and Seniors
Any thoughts, feedback, on feeding a grain free food to seniors? I was looking at Taste of the Wild.
Views: 315   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 2, 2010 3:17pm
by Patty/Snowco
What to do with puppies when they are moving from the whelping box
Question for all of you experienced breeders: When your puppies are ready to move from the whelping box to another holding area, what are you using?
Views: 456   Replies: 11
Last Post: Feb 2, 2010 2:54pm
by Cindy
Lost picture
I have misplaced a picture of a very pretty face someone sent me of a Scrubs baby. If you have recently sent me a picture could you possible resend to me. Thank You
Views: 370   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 2, 2010 2:31pm
by Yvonne
Contact information for Brent Hadley
I need to contact Brent Hadley and cannot find him using Google. He judged sweeps last year at Greater Atlanta. If anyone has an e-mail, phone number or address, please contact me privately. Thanks for any help.
Views: 342   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 2, 2010 1:02pm
by Brent Hadley
b
BigDog
DJD
Ok, is there a BEST DJD remedy that seems to work better for everyone needing this out there before I go through the process of trial and error? Not looking to SAVE money but rather SPEND it wisely and efectivelly for my old timer! TIA
Views: 501   Replies: 10
Last Post: Feb 2, 2010 12:57pm
by BreederXXV
feeding bitches what when pregnant
My bitch is half way through her pregnancy. She is being fed PPlan Adult, 3 cups per day. I was told by my vet to increase gradually by adding 1/2 mid day. He also wants me to switch her to puppy food when she is 6 weeks along. I have seen so many posts on here to no...
Views: 425   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 2, 2010 11:26am
by curious breeder
Coastal Carolina Day 2
Winners Bitch, Best of Winners, Best of Breed: Trinity's Hidden Treasure Owners: Stacey & Starkey Green (Greenstone) Trinket also won a Sporting Group 4!!! Winners Dog: owned by Michael Silva I apologize for not having any names other than the Green's gir...
Views: 739   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 2, 2010 10:55am
by Stacey
Coastal Carolina Show
Hi, My Veteran girl, Georgia was Best Veteran on Saturday and Sunday. We were given the wrong ribbon on Sunday, and it was my mistake not to notice it until after I got home last night. So, if anyone has the BOB Best Veteran ribbon,, would you please contact me....
Views: 429   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 2, 2010 10:45am
by Linda Wages
Name help? Please!
I've been breeding for quite some time, and usually have no problem coming up with a good name or two, but I think I've come to the end of the line as I'm stumped on this one! I have a chocolate male, my pick puppy, and he still needs a name. The litter had a musi...
Views: 486   Replies: 10
Last Post: Feb 2, 2010 9:06am
by Nancy Rudgers
t
Tina
Need AKC JUDGE advice(or those in the know),please
I currently have a 5 month old male that I am keeping and would like to enter in some upcoming shows. Unfortunetly he was injured when he was about 6 weeks old and it has left a scar on his muzzle. I have been told that this shouldn't matter in the ring as injuries a...
Views: 602   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 2, 2010 7:32am
by Kathy
The Feb/March Spotlight dogs
Boy there are some "hunka hunka" boys up there! Beverly - your seniors are just too sweet with their gray muzzles - seniors rule! And Michael give that cute little Martha a kiss on the nose for me and tell her I miss her namesake. Thanks to all the owners fo...
Views: 455   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 2, 2010 7:27am
by Jill
t
Traci
problems with cedant conversion
Cedant web hosting converted to aplus over the weekend and as a result our web site is down. Anyone trying to look at it from the link on Buttonwood McIntosh's spotlight ad or any other way will not be able to view it until they get it fixed. Talk about bad timing! T...
Views: 412   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 1, 2010 10:11pm
by Traci
High protein foods for puppies...
A while back, someone asked about the worry of feeding high protein foods to puppies. They were worried about growth rates/joint issues.... I just had my second 'high protein fed' dog's permanent joint clearances done. Both this dog and another I have, who is 3 ye...
Views: 524   Replies: 12
Last Post: Feb 1, 2010 8:43pm
by yes
purple ear solution
Would the purple ear solution be safe to use in a girl that was just bred, and during her pregnancy?
Views: 278   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 1, 2010 8:40pm
by Georgia
Coastal S Carolina
Any news?
Views: 748   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 1, 2010 8:30pm
by Melissa
Amatuer Owner/Handler class?
Haven't been to a show since late last year - just wondering if many of the recent or upcoming specialties are offering the Amatuer Owner/Handler class? All-breed shows?
Views: 338   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 1, 2010 7:11pm
by breeder
info on clicker training?
What clicker training books/tools do you recommend for starting puppy training and show training?
Views: 224   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 1, 2010 3:27pm
by trainer
MainStay Suites @ Potomac?
Was wondering if anyone has stayed at the MainStay Suites @ Potomac? Doesn't look too far away from the show site but some of the reviews on line are questionable - so looking for any first hand info -good or bad - on it. Thanks!
Views: 287   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 1, 2010 3:20pm
by Gretchen
joint supplements
Looking for recommendations for quality joint supplements that are cheap? I've heard of some using equine joint supplements and saving money that way?
Views: 370   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 1, 2010 3:17pm
by Jim & Elizabeth ...
Maryland Sporting Dog Show ?
Can anyone give me their 2cents on the accomadations listed that allow dogs (as in, which are the nicer!!!) TIA
Views: 288   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 1, 2010 1:55pm
by researcher
j
Jan H
contact for list moderator
dear moderator how can i contact you privately?
Views: 327   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 1, 2010 1:10pm
by Jan H
j
Judy
Pregnant girl
Having a dark discharge and licking herself still has 2 weeks to go. temp is 100.7 Never had this before and how I noticed she is laying on a white blanket.
Views: 492   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 1, 2010 10:54am
by Breeder
EIC
Mom came back affected, doesn't colapse, some came back clear/normal. Anyone else had this happen? Testing done by different companies.
Views: 877   Replies: 28
Last Post: Feb 1, 2010 10:22am
by Olivia Nankivell
l
Linda
GALRC Entries close on 2/10
Entries are closing on Wednesday 2/10. All judging will be indoors. Saturday, Feb 27, 2010 Dogs and Bob: Manolo Queijeiro (Queijeiro) Bitches and non-regular: Sally Bell (Borador) Sweepstakes: (puppy and veteran) : Sheree Paskert (Cornerstone) Sunday,...
Views: 295   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 1, 2010 10:19am
by Linda
s
Sue
virgin bitch in labor contractions for 3 12 hours,
I am sitting here watching my virgin bitch in labor tonite.Poor girl. Shes got a ful load in there. A first for me in some time .7- 9 puppies abouts. She been in labor having the contractions where the belly is hard and she stands there, of course pan...
Views: 700   Replies: 12
Last Post: Feb 1, 2010 8:36am
by CM
Show ring problem for this newbie
I have a 9 month old pup that I sent to day care and they taught her to sit. I asked them not to do it but I can't be there all the time and so many people look after her at play time. How can I stop her from sitting in the ring? I took her to 1 show already and...
Views: 671   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 1, 2010 2:19am
by clicker
l
Leeda
New Champion Coastal Carolina
Well, I am thrilled beyond words for my CH. Bournhall's Black Angus today taking WD for his 4th Major and a 4 point Win! He sure had some stiff competition and he is a once in a lifetime type dog. Big Congrats to Stacey on her wins today and to Kendall and Faith...
Views: 743   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 1, 2010 12:32am
by Robin
k
Kelly
11 year old lab collapsing - need suggestions
My friend has an 11 year old pet lab that has had a couple of episodes where she collapsed and gets ridgid after running around. She's alert when it happens and doesn't seem to have any after affects. She did have a cancerous tumor removed from her jaw about 5 year...
Views: 621   Replies: 13
Last Post: Feb 1, 2010 12:04am
by Deb H.
c
Chris
Grays Lake (IL) Show Results?
Does anyone here know results form Grays Lake today?
Views: 568   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 31, 2010 5:55pm
by Mary Sgambati
Pittsburgh Specialty
Hello, I would like to update those that inquired awhile back. Everything will be posted on Jill's Calendar. And our website. But here is a tidbit of info. Greater Pittsburgh LRC- Back to Back Specialties June 24-25, 2010- Delmont, PA Outdoor Show, Hotel, Ban...
Views: 397   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 31, 2010 12:36pm
by Mary Ann Hart
Ingen/credit cards,pmts.
I suppose I will go on and file with my credit card company to fight the charges from Ingen. I really wanted to give them a chance. I have emailed over and over with no replies. I know of several breeders that have test waiting since August to be processed. They clai...
Views: 530   Replies: 19
Last Post: Jan 31, 2010 11:57am
by Heather
j
Jan H
look at this website
I happened to stumble across this website and thought you all might want to take a look www.northernnevadasilverlabs.com
Views: 1168   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jan 31, 2010 10:31am
by You're back?
a
Anne
Ring #
What ring will the Labradors be in at Westminster?
Views: 455   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 31, 2010 5:55am
by LabMom
u
Uh-huh
Interesting comment (errr "fact")
I was talking with a puppy family, and oddly enough, I got this question again that really makes me wonder about the "breeders" who are providing this "fact" : They said that another breeder told them that they are able to tell the colors and gender of the puppies...
Views: 769   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 30, 2010 10:45pm
by breeder
tape worm
I have a bitch that I found tape worm in her poo....she was away for 5 weeks with a family came home 4 weeks ago and I noticed the tape worm. My question is must I treat all my dogs or just her? My gang is flea free. She had a few fleas while away so I was told. A...
Views: 298   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 30, 2010 8:52pm
by labbies
CKC
CKC passed a motion in December 2009 proposed by Anita Cairns - AB rep.....stating that an additional CKC charge will be made at CKC shows for each dog whose owner is not a CKC member. This is supposed to start in June 2010. It's anothe...
Views: 516   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 30, 2010 7:33pm
by Non CKC Member
Views: 432   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 30, 2010 6:18pm
by Miss Willing
To sterilize pets ( and show dogs and cats) or not!
To sterilize pets or not, a poll! PLEASE VOTE (poll on left top side) and PLEASE FORWARD. Please go to: http://www.Parade.com/pets. Question at upper left, referring to mandatory spay/neuter: Should owners be required to sterilize their pets? Please...
Views: 363   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 30, 2010 2:46pm
by Charlotte K.
a
Anon
tail down while in the show ring
Hello all, I have an 11 month old girl who is just starting her show career. She is beautiful in every way, the proverbial "total package". She does well in the ring...stands for the judge, tail wagging, happy as all get out, shows her teeth fine, everything you co...
Views: 443   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 30, 2010 2:28pm
by Charlotte K.
Canadian Breeders - CKC Registration
I just want to check with others to see if there is another, simpler way of registering puppies and litters than what I have been doing for the past 10 years. Register the litter, then register individual puppies to the breeder, then transfer registration to new o...
Views: 565   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 30, 2010 12:24pm
by Michelle
Itching Mom
My girl has been scratching like wild. Her pups are completely weaned and she began to blow her coat, but she cannot stop scratching. If you touch her, she starts to scratch. Is this hormonal? Has anyone seen this before?
Views: 324   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 30, 2010 11:19am
by itchy
m
MarieG
Puppy with OCD
My puppy with OCD in his ankles has been on medications and confined to his crate for the last 2 month. Vet says it can take 1-2 more month. Is this the normal? He is 8 month old now, and he is just little better than 2 month ago.
Views: 485   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 29, 2010 12:53pm
by Been there
Westminster ticket question
I will be attending my first Westminster Show on Tuesday the 16th. I'm hoping someone can give me the low down on general admission tickets. Can I get a ticket the morning of the show at the box office, and if so, how early would I need to arrive? Labs aren't showing...
Views: 410   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 29, 2010 8:42pm
by Liz (Northsound)
Today Show
Did anyone get a chance to see the Today Show? A yellow Lab puppy bred by Maryann Czerwinski and Donna Sevchuk made his debut as one of the AKC's top 5 breeds. Congratulations!
Views: 885   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 29, 2010 8:13pm
by Sharon Celentano...
Database for EIC clear Labradors?
I have done extensive research for EIC clear dogs, but the pedigrees I want to use are either carriers or untested. So, now I'm just trying to broaden my search. I remember in the past there were postings of a voluntary listing of EIC clear dogs so I'm asking if th...
Views: 859   Replies: 28
Last Post: Jan 29, 2010 7:56pm
by Olivia Nankivell
Outdated Websites
Just curious to know why some breeders continue to pay for websites and not udpate for 5-10 years. It seems like a waste of money to me. Not saying you should update every day, or even every year, but when all the dogs on your site have now passed away and there'...
Views: 718   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 29, 2010 7:17pm
by labbies
n
NOVICE
to dew or not to dew
I have a litter on the way and do not plan to remove dew claws. However while I still have time to re-think my decision, I would appreciate any words of wisdom from those with years of experience. All of the stories that I have heard so far are second or third hand...
Views: 622   Replies: 24
Last Post: Jan 29, 2010 6:03pm
by NOVICE
FAT GIRL!
Any suggestions on how to drop a few pounds from a very overweight gal??? The dog type I mean! TIA
Views: 523   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 29, 2010 5:07pm
by Anony
Kit Rodwell show photographer
permission to crosspost received. It is one of our own that needs help. Sunday at the Ventura show in the photo area a Swiss Mountain Dog attacked the show photographer, Kitten Rodwell, and ripped off most her ear. They could not find all of her ear and she spent...
Views: 2104   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jan 29, 2010 4:34pm
by That's Easy
d
DebiR
Carry On Travel Bags
Just wondering if anyone out there knew of any company that carries fun dog print carry on luggage. Like a med sized carry on bag.
Views: 307   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 29, 2010 4:05pm
by Charlotte K.
OFA-heat cycle
How long after a season should I wait for OFA x rays to be taken? I know many have had x rays done around or during heat cycles, but I prefer to wait. How long is my question, to help ensure the most accurate results?
Views: 257   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 29, 2010 2:53pm
by Breeder
Fish Oil
Can anyone recommend a mercury free fish oil brand for a dog with hip dysplasia? I've been looking at them and none of them that I see say mercury free. I must be looking in the wrong place so any guidance is appreciated. Thanks.
Views: 460   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 29, 2010 12:17pm
by Patty/Snowco
JSLRC Winter Health Clinic
Hello All... JSLRC will again be hosting an All Breed Health Clinic at Blairstown Animal Hospital in Blairstown NJ, on Sunday Feb 7th from 9am till 2pm. We're offering a host of services including Echos, Auscultations, CERF exams, Optigen & EIC testing, vacci...
Views: 233   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 29, 2010 12:08pm
by Patty/Snowco
j
Jan H
look at this website
I happened to stumble across this website and thought you all might want to take a look
Views: 320   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 29, 2010 10:14am
by Jan H
Note on the Fridge for Pets
Note on the Fridge for Pets: FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE PETS, THIS IS A TRUE STORY. FOR THOSE THAT DON'T, IT IS A TRUE STORY. The following was found posted very low on a refrigerator door. Dear Dogs and Cats: The dishes with the paw prints are yours and con...
Views: 280   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 29, 2010 9:20am
by lab mom
Swimming
What can I get that would not cost me an arm and a leg for the dogs to swim in? The only lake around is not clean, and the beach is too far away. TIA
Views: 317   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 29, 2010 7:42am
by ?
l
LabMom
Winter Nose
My yellow girl has a very pink nose this winter, more than before. I have seen black out used and it looks like they colored it in. Any other suggestions?
Views: 550   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 28, 2010 11:48pm
by Breeder
a
Anon
Is it an absolute no-no?
I have a predicament...I have 2 shows coming up this weekend, and one of the bitches I entered went into her first heat this past Friday. Under normal circumstances I'd just pull her, but these are very small shows and I'm pretty sure it will break the point if I do...
Views: 828   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 28, 2010 5:46pm
by Anon
Females mounting each other
Do females mount each other when they are about to go in heat or is this just a dominance issue?
Views: 381   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 28, 2010 3:18pm
by CM
c
CM
Colitis
Looking for info for a friend whose 15 yr old neutered lab recently diagnosed with Colitis. Any info/suggestions/experience on how to manage this would be appreciated. TIA
Views: 256   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 28, 2010 2:08pm
by CM
Mastitis
Have any of you had a bitch with septic mastitis( temp 104, lethargic, close to rupture, etc) that went on to have subsequent litters with no issues? Also did they lose any puppies from the litters that they had the mastitis with? I have done much research in...
Views: 345   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 28, 2010 9:08am
by Hopbrook
New Champion and Group 4 from BBE :)
I haven't been on here much lately, as my allotted internet time seems to be taken up with facebook and the barrel horse world discussion board, but I have a huge brag I just had to share--Coal is a Champion! He finished this weekend with a bang, going WD and BOB u...
Views: 827   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 28, 2010 12:24am
by Cecilie
puppy with no bite inhibition
Dear Breeders I was told of this site and hope that you can give me some advice. I purchased an 8 week old male puppy from a breeder in NJ who has been breeding for many years. We are a first time puppy owner, I have two young children 6 and 8. We can not pet...
Views: 1667   Replies: 101
Last Post: Jan 27, 2010 11:50pm
by NJ breeder
Vomiting during stage 1 labor?
Hi All, I have a maiden bitch who's had a temperature drop almost 48 hours ago. She is in no sign of distress and I have been in contact with my vet yesterday at noon. He said she would probably go into the night. No puppies yet. She still seems to be in stage one...
Views: 331   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 27, 2010 9:32pm
by breeder
Vaccines $ going up March
Just FYI vaccines are going up by the manufacturers in March. I just got off phone with Revival and Vangaurd that we use is going up 42%!!! OUCH! I'm used to the typical small yearly March manufacturer increase, but geez! So stock up now if you can.
Views: 354   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 27, 2010 6:55pm
by Dog Owner
Please be nice
I am a frequent flyer of Wiscoy and Woodhaven. Love them both. Is Woodhaven down and please be nice?
Views: 879   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 27, 2010 3:25pm
by really???
h
Help
8 week old puppies
I have a litter of eight week old puppies that are barker's. They go out for an hour to two every couple of hours to play. Run around the house with adult dogs. Get plenty to eat, but when I put them in thier pen(12x10)so I can get other things done or at night t...
Views: 703   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jan 27, 2010 2:04pm
by Alexandra Sternh...
Mighty Mouse
I have a puppy who was only 6 oz. at birth. Now at 4 wks. she is 2 lbs. 11 oz. Compared to her siblings she is gaining at the same rate. She seems fine, was the first to open her eyes and is the first to run for attention when I get in the box with them. My question...
Views: 438   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 27, 2010 4:03am
by choc puppy
ABE
Please indulge me as I sit here at 3:00 in the morning, not wanting morning to come, knowing it must and praying what follows goes quickly. Today, I am putting down my beloved Abe. . . Abe, the dog, who is not in your pedigree. Abe, the dog, who never finish...
Views: 727   Replies: 19
Last Post: Jan 27, 2010 1:48am
by Breeder
Potomac 2010 - Educational Seminar??
Forgive my impatience....must be the recent warm weather southern NY has experienced, but my thoughts have turned to April and this year's Potomac. Can anyone from LRCP share whether there will be an educational seminar as in previous years? I've checked the websit...
Views: 398   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 26, 2010 11:00pm
by Mrs.
j
Jo
Potomac Host hotel room need
I'm looking for a room or even two, if you hear of anything please let me know. TIA Jo Blackwater Labradors
Views: 337   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 26, 2010 8:48pm
by Another bdr
HELP! pink (blood)-tinged seman
Help? I did a collection on my stud dog today, and it was pink (blood)-tinged. What is this? Please help!
Views: 7544   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jan 26, 2010 8:31pm
by Hope you're righ...
Hotel for Atlanta Specialty?
Can anyone recommend a good hotel/motel for the Atlanta specialty in Marietta? I have the list from the premium, but it does not say which hotels accept dogs. Would like something that takes dogs, is reasonably priced, close to the show site and in a safe neighborhoo...
Views: 265   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 26, 2010 8:02pm
by Second that
Anyone getting replies from Ingen?????
I have tests waiting to be processed at Ingen. I have emailed over and over with no replies from Sherrill or Rick. Three weeks, a few emails I send each week. Today I was speaking to a small dog breeder and Ingen came up in conversation.She told me that her breeder f...
Views: 408   Replies: 17
Last Post: Jan 26, 2010 6:37pm
by breeder
Pro Plan Ad "We Steal Someone's Thunder"
OK, I have to ask, with it inside the front cover of the LQ and on the back cover of Just Labs, is the new ad campaign Purina is running "This could be the year we steal someone's thunder." a photo of Jen? and what dog?
Views: 735   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 26, 2010 5:08pm
by ASSume
k
Kay
Murphy's Oil Soap?
On another breed list they were talking about bathing there dog's in Murphy's oil soap (orginial) to keep Tick's and Flea's off there dog's that run in the field. One person said she has been using it for about ten year's,with no ill affect. Has anyone used this and...
Views: 762   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 26, 2010 3:00pm
by Breeder
m
maria
So many meds for yeast infection?
My 2 1/2 year old lab has a yeast infection in both ears. The vet prescribed prednisone, ketoconazole, and mometamax ointment. I've used the mometamex before, never the others. I'm just concerned about giving him a steroid (prednisone). Especially since the first 2...
Views: 541   Replies: 18
Last Post: Jan 26, 2010 1:40pm
by Patty/Snowco
seizures
I need some thoughts here, and some help if possible. This is a first for me. I did a breeding and all the pups grew to be nice healthy labs. I repeated the breeding and again got nice healthy labs. First litter was 6 pups, second litter was 7 pups. I just got a...
Views: 1444   Replies: 27
Last Post: Jan 26, 2010 10:53am
by Patty/Snowco
pup has ticks
help! my 6 month old lab and 2.5 month old lab pups have ticks! i think the carrier was 2.5 month old pup that i just recently acquired from a so called reputable breeder.. Unfortunately, i didnt check if the pup has ticks when i got it. Any home remedy that is effe...
Views: 276   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 26, 2010 9:04am
by 10 year breeder
BIG puppies!
I'm curious to see if anyone else has dealt with pups this size at such a young age. Pups were born weighing in at a "normal" 15-17 ounces; only three in litter. At one week, they were weighing in at 2.5-3 pounds and are now 4.5-5 pounds at 2 weeks! I'm used t...
Views: 619   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 26, 2010 6:49am
by Bonnie Anthony M...
Ear infection- please help?
Someone dropped a mixed breed dog here and she is clearly expecting puppies, i dont know how far along she is but probably due soon. She has an ear infection. Is there any home remedy out there than i could use on her? any replies would be appreciated. Honestly i don...
Views: 377   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 26, 2010 1:14am
by Breeder
Optigen Stats
Can someone post the Optigen Equator again? eg. A to A produces all A's etc. TIA
Views: 314   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 25, 2010 11:34pm
by Breeder714
would/does anyone use ground transport companies to ship puppies
hi there just wanted to know if any of you as breeders would use ground transportation to ship pups or to get show dogs to handler or anyother reason shipping a dog might be done. personal care service I would think would be something some might be interested in if...
Views: 234   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 25, 2010 11:09pm
by breeder
b
brdr
false negatives relaxin test
what is the latest in gestation that any of you have experienced a false negative using the relaxin test?
Views: 512   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 25, 2010 10:29pm
by brdr
j
Jill
SPOTLIGHT 2'FER'S
Happy New Year to everyone. Just a quick *head's up* that Feb & March are 2fer months. Any Spotlight Ads placed in February, also carry over to March for free. Please check the rates, (as I found it necessary after 7 years to have an increase in ad prices) I'...
Views: 885   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 25, 2010 7:31pm
by Dianne Mullikin
alternative transportation
was wondering of any of you would consider an alternative transportation for puppies to there new families and or transportation of show dogs to show for handler pick up ......... ground transportation with 2 people for total care while traveling, treated like there...
Views: 227   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 25, 2010 4:24pm
by Tombar Labradors
k
Kelli
NLR - What kind of cell phone do you prefer
Just wondered what the latest phone is and what some of you use. I'm thinking of switching service and getting a new phone to check emails etc. I-pod, Blackberry, Droid, what do you use??
Views: 411   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 25, 2010 3:53pm
by Love it
Ingen
I'm curious am I the only person still waiting on results from Ingen? I submitted a PRA test in late Aug and have been very patient but I am losing it fast. Of 5 attempts to contact only one ever was answered. Rick promised the week of CHristmas they were up and ru...
Views: 395   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 25, 2010 3:36pm
by Breeder
Grooming ( Furminator
Has anyone used this product for grooming their dog's?
Views: 807   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 25, 2010 2:59pm
by Stacey
Pulling puppy
I have a 10 month old male who is my first conformation dog. He is doing very well in the ring-behaves, stacks, gaits nicely, etc. He knows basic obedience commands and is easy to train, but I haven't worked with him on heeling because I wasn't sure if that would int...
Views: 442   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 25, 2010 1:48pm
by conformation & o...
PRA in Optigen clear dog
Does anyone have experience with a PRA diagnosis in an Optigen clear dog? I'm aware there are other forms of PRA beyond the prcd form which we test for. I'm just not familiar with them and am looking for input from others who have been in this unexpected situation. T...
Views: 705   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 25, 2010 1:03pm
by Dev'Sun Labrador...
Diarrea in Pups
I noticed my week old pups were a little loose earlier today, and now they are downright runny. Mom is fine. Vet, of course, is closed. What can I give to otherwise healthy babies to stop the runs?
Views: 339   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 25, 2010 12:00pm
by you need
Dog food, what kind?
Hello everybody :) I am just curious on what kind of food you are giving your dogs? I give mine Pro Pac superpremium pet food and I am happy with what it does for my dogs. Have any of you tried Pro Pac for your dogs? If not what kind of dog food are you feeding your...
Views: 513   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 25, 2010 10:44am
by Switched too
muddy backyard
What do you guys use to trap the mud when the dogs come inside the house. It is driving me crazy having to mop paw prints several times a day. I've used an old comforter I put down when it rains, but still mud makes its way in.
Views: 510   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 24, 2010 11:23pm
by Gail R
Portland results
Would love to see results. Anyone?
Views: 712   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jan 24, 2010 7:34pm
by Breeder
cerf clinic
I looking for upcoming cerf/optigen clinics in Ct? I looked on line at the cerf sight nothing posted locally.
Views: 324   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 24, 2010 4:03pm
by Charlotte K.
Looking for a USDAA agility club in PA
I have a friend who is need of a training center Which teaches beginning to advanced agility or flyball. In the Harrisburg area. or surrounding towns. I hope someone can email me with some ideas. TIA
Views: 128   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 24, 2010 3:49pm
by Charlotte K.
Judge and pup
I had some wonderful hints someone had posted once on help with young dogs that back away from judges. I can't find them anywhere. Not sure if someones web page with help or where I found them. Things like let someone play the judge and hands treats to pup when you...
Views: 400   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 24, 2010 1:30pm
by Breeder too
A FUN subject for all
What is the earliest you have ever had a ring call? What was the latest you have ever had a ring call? What was the longest delay in judging (IE - outdoors for rain, snow, wind etc.)? The latest time your remember that BIS was concluded? Has anyone ever been at a s...
Views: 481   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 24, 2010 11:03am
by JO
on the fence about a 1yr old bitch
How many of you would wait to decide on a bitch until she 2yrs of age? She's a bit taller then what I hoped for, head a bit smaller then I hoped for. She just came into heat, so i'm hoping now she'll fill in more. I believe in Europe they give there labs until ag...
Views: 586   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 24, 2010 10:50am
by New Brdr
Vet put dog on antibiotic, does anyone give anything extra?
My 12 month old bitch is on an antibiotic for 10 days, and I was wondering if anyone gives anything exra while their dogs are on an antibiotic? Anything to prevent UTI or yeast infection? Crancaps or anything? Thanks!
Views: 307   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 24, 2010 10:49am
by Interesting
b
Bdr
Could the Seizure actually be EIC?
I am just wondering because seizures typically don't happen so young, if some of the seizures reported in the young puppies could actually be EIC? Could a pet family be playing the puppy real hard and end up with a collapse and not seizure at all?
Views: 463   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 24, 2010 3:19am
by Janine
things you need to show
Getting ready to start showing. I need a FULL LIST of what I need. Ex. cages, shoes?? Leashes. What do all of you have for yourselves and your Car??? How much money do you think it will run?
Views: 616   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jan 23, 2010 9:09pm
by Olivia Nankivell
show leads
Can i get some website links for show leads please. Since i live in Canada...i've purchased mainly from the show booths themselves. have a good assortment of serpentine, slips and nylon and leather. One of my puppy families want to show their girl - she's still y...
Views: 422   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 23, 2010 7:36pm
by Tina @ Tyric
n
loosing hair new mom
My girl had a litter and as time goes by she is loosing a lot of hair, I know is normal but I think this is too much. What can I give her to help?, fish oil? Thanks,
Views: 225   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 23, 2010 5:56pm
by Newbie
c
Cindy
Naming new puppy
We are trying to come up with a solid AKC name for a new lab puppy. It needs to be patriotic. Can anyone come up with anything? Would appreicatate any suggestions. Thanks!
Views: 614   Replies: 18
Last Post: Jan 23, 2010 5:41pm
by Edie
Merial vaccines
Can anyone tell me if Merial's vaccines are challenged studied? Their pet owner side of their website wasn't helpful.
Views: 273   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 23, 2010 3:30pm
by Breeder
s
Sue
question about optigen application form for a puppy
I am working with a freind over seas to do an optigen test on some of her lab puppies. We were hoping to get in on the optigen discount days they have offered this coming week from jan 25-29. If we complete the form for the optigen test on -line this week. W...
Views: 299   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 23, 2010 1:07pm
by Sue
Labby hair on van upholstery
I have tried removing yellow dog hair from my van seats with: shop vac, house vac, tape, and sticky roller. None of these work well. Any other ideas?!
Views: 319   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jan 22, 2010 11:46pm
by Nancy Rudgers
c
Cathy
DDC for EIC
I am not likely to ever send the results into OFA so that isn't a factor in my decision. Given that, have those that have used DDC for their EIC testing been satisfied with the quality and timeliness of service?
Views: 658   Replies: 18
Last Post: Jan 22, 2010 11:21pm
by brdr
Young and the restless soap opera
Who is the breeder of the new yellow lab puppy on Young and Restless Soap Opera CBS at noon?Puppy is sooooo cute!
Views: 405   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 22, 2010 9:56pm
by Judy
results
has anyone heard?
Views: 379   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 22, 2010 6:01pm
by New Brdr
Looking for a Photograph
I would like to find a photograph of CH Rainell's The Beat Goes On Does anyone know if there is a site I can view a photograph of him? TIA for your guidance.
Views: 417   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 22, 2010 11:00am
by CM
s
Stacey
Piedmont
I'm trying to book our airline tickets to go to Piedmont and we'd like to fly home Sunday evening after the show. The only problem is I cannot remember about what time that show is usually over on Sunday. Does anyone have any idea whether it would be over by 3:30?...
Views: 344   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 21, 2010 8:51pm
by Stacey
CERF revisted
For the purpose of education and healthy debate, can someone of you who say that CERFing a whole litter gives you valuable information explain what that information does for you? How it helps? Assume the dogs in question are all hypothetically PRA clear either thro...
Views: 460   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jan 21, 2010 8:47pm
by breeder
height for a 6 month old female
I have a 6 month old pup that is measuring 20 in. right now. Is this about the right size for her age? Her mother is 21 in. and the sire is 23 in. At what age do the females stop growing? TIA
Views: 383   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 21, 2010 8:44pm
by New Brdr
Bitch won't lick pups
I have a new litter, and the mom will allow them to nurse, but she will not pay any attention to them otherwise. She will not lick them, so of course, I'm having to stimulate them to get them to urinate and move their bowels. I've thought of trying to rub something...
Views: 421   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 21, 2010 8:15pm
by Been there
Web site menu maker
Dear Bev, What is the name of the menu maker you use? I had it on my computer but can't seem to find it. I bought it. dang it - thanks!
Views: 255   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 21, 2010 4:56pm
by Breeder
Posting EIC Results
Hey! Question for all of you. Scenario: I have an EIC Clear tested girl. Breed to a boy who when asked about EIC says they don't believe the test. Pups born and all are tested. Stud owner implied I shouldn't post results. They are my pups and I paid for the te...
Views: 718   Replies: 23
Last Post: Jan 21, 2010 4:00pm
by Implied
d
DebiR
Judging Sweeps and Showing
I have a question for the judges out here. I will try to call AKC later. I am judging sweeps for an upcoming Weim Specialty that is being held in conjunction with an all breed show. After I judge, can I show my Labs??
Views: 535   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 21, 2010 2:54pm
by DebiR
h
Help
DYING PUPPIES
I am posted this for a very upset breeder friend that is very much in need of help. I hope someone out there has some idea what this is. Litter was born on their due date. All puppies were about one pound. All born via vaginal birth (no c-section or interventio...
Views: 1000   Replies: 22
Last Post: Jan 21, 2010 2:08pm
by Chantel @ Koa
l
Linda
Males marking
I have a pet owner with a question. Is there a problem owning two males, will they mark? Thank you!
Views: 483   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 21, 2010 1:49pm
by breeder
Dogzyme Products
Just wondering about anyone's experience with their products. Have you used and/or seen results with Gain & Shine or Grow Hair. As well, any thoughts on their Digestive Enhancer or Calm Caps. I have a dog whom I "re"inherited that needs some TLC. Thanks.
Views: 536   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 21, 2010 1:19pm
by Shelby
New puppies and new moms
There have been a few posts with inquiries on new puppies and new moms. There were moms that won't lick, moms that are aggressive towards their new puppies, and puppies that are dying. Just wondering if all the posts are related to the same person or if all are d...
Views: 283   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 21, 2010 11:40am
by Wondering
Activity precautions after breeding
I've always been curious how other breeders determine how much activity their girls get in the days following a breeding. I generally keep mine rather isolated and quiet for a week....no swimming during pregnancy. Common sense would dictate that very rough play with...
Views: 405   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 20, 2010 11:37pm
by Breeder
Proplan vs Innova.
I am feeding Proplan Preformance to 3 dogs and Proplan Senior to one. I see that the senior food is 28% protein and the preformance is 30. I am concerned that this is high. The reason I looked is I have one girl who is 8 and on Innova. I thought she should be on...
Views: 319   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 20, 2010 11:25pm
by Weary
29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Free Forum powered by Bravenet