Are you ready for some FOOTBALL!!!
Go STEELERS!! I love them!!! Tammy
Views: 369   Replies: 13
Last Post: Feb 2, 2009 6:51pm
by Mark
a
anon
The Labrador Retriever
When you see a lab for the first time, do you want any specific trait to jump out at you, or do you prefer each trait to be moderate so to speak, but creating a perfect balance as a result? In other words, how would you describe the first impression that you would wa...
Views: 821   Replies: 18
Last Post: Feb 2, 2009 5:46pm
by Lab Breeder
s
Sue
EIC
We took our crew to the big (100 + acres) off leash dog area of Cherry Creek State Park this afternoon. Torry, who suffered a fibrocartilagenous emboli (FCE) in June, using her 'wheels' always draws a lot of attention and a lot of questions. We had just arrived and...
Views: 665   Replies: 19
Last Post: Feb 2, 2009 4:33pm
by contagious
Top 10 yellow boys
Anyone care to offer their polite opinion? Would like this to stay nice please
Views: 1519   Replies: 125
Last Post: Feb 2, 2009 12:52pm
by too much
Westminster ?
When will the Labradors that are entered be listed somewhere ? Too early ? Could we hear of a few.
Views: 516   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 2, 2009 12:28pm
by Susan ~ Fenwyck
Looking for breeders in California
Hello, Does anyone have black male puppies in or around the Pauma Valley CA?. This person would like one around March. I am not comfortable shipping puppies that far. I don't know who she is and she has given me no references. So you will have to do your homework...
Views: 406   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 2, 2009 12:20pm
by Shelley Maloney
s
Sue
cranberry capsules for bladder health
we were talking the other day about bladder infections in dogs in general and the mention of using cranberry capsules for maintaining good bladder health. I dont know if I missed the recommended dosage for an adult bitch and how often to give. Can any...
Views: 402   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 2, 2009 11:18am
by Patty/Snowco
Piedmont Show question (sort of)
We are planning on coming down for the Specialty this weekend. One question--for my husband. Are there any nice golf courses around there? He's thinking of bringing his clubs with him and was wondering. Thank you in advanced
Views: 379   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 2, 2009 10:56am
by Yellow Boys Mom
s
See
Board Certified Cardiologist
If a dog is examined by a board certified cardiologist and was normal do you think an ultrasound is necessary. Would you breed a dog or to a dog without the ultrasound test and only the cardiologist exam?
Views: 411   Replies: 10
Last Post: Feb 2, 2009 10:43am
by Maureen Gamble
Monthly Legislative Report
http://mnlreport.typepad.com/the_monthly_national_legi/
Views: 277   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 2, 2009 10:27am
by Gina in PA
HSUS gains a stronger (scarier) foothold
Thought everyone, especially those of you in Illinois, should see this: When was HSUS elected to represent Illinois District 11? Representative John Fritchey (D, 11) recently introduced House Bill 198, Licensing - Dog Breeder (aka Chloe’s Bill), an ov...
Views: 356   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 2, 2009 10:21am
by Barb/WW
Results, Pawsitive ID
Do you just go back to the web page to print out your results or do they send you something ? Also, where does it show color ? Thanks in advance
Views: 404   Replies: 15
Last Post: Feb 2, 2009 9:17am
by doubt
?
??
Views: 774   Replies: 56
Last Post: Feb 2, 2009 7:23am
by Pooper scooper
EIC
There is a very good article in Today's Breeder about EIC.
Views: 975   Replies: 61
Last Post: Feb 2, 2009 6:40am
by Bonnie Anthony M...
Views: 628   Replies: 22
Last Post: Feb 2, 2009 2:14am
by breeder
Can you shave a Lab?
O.k here goes,last night somebody actually told me that to control his yellow labs shedding they shaved it not to the skin i think , he said you don't see a big diffrence,i only had time to asked if maybe a food change could help or suplement he answered that his gir...
Views: 622   Replies: 19
Last Post: Feb 2, 2009 12:45am
by ORbreeder
In your 'opinion' what is the best adult dog food and why?
remember this is only opinions, so let's try to keep this friendly. thanks
Views: 535   Replies: 20
Last Post: Feb 1, 2009 11:22pm
by anon
Breed standard vs. what is winning in the ring
Very interesting article by an AKC judge -- not sure what breed she has but this is certainly food for thought. http://www.thedogplace.org/Articles/Breeder/0901-Preferred-Type_Gammill.htm
Views: 909   Replies: 12
Last Post: Feb 1, 2009 9:55pm
by me
Parvo
I rescued a shelter dog and much to my dismay he had Parvo. He was here a week before getting really sick. I had let him be in the house and all over the front yard (yes, I'm really stupid). I cancelled a breeding I was doing for next week because I am really paniced...
Views: 541   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 1, 2009 8:38pm
by Sue
EIC - Pawsitive ID
No comments needed, just a yes/no answer. 1. Do you or would you use the EIC test? 2. Do you or would you use the Pawsitive ID tests?
Views: 413   Replies: 20
Last Post: Feb 1, 2009 7:52pm
by yes to both
Black Bitches
What About old Time Black Bitches?? Since the topic is on the boys?
Views: 971   Replies: 37
Last Post: Feb 1, 2009 5:49pm
by Deb
g
goof
Should I be worried?
I was giving my dogs their monthly pill, Iverheart max. I switch every once in a while from this and Iverheart plus. Well I know the max you do not give to a bred bitch. However I was just not thinking and did. Not sure if I should call my vet at home knowing I cant...
Views: 550   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 1, 2009 4:49pm
by Melody Losea
d
Diane
2009 Nationals
Could someone let me know where the National speciality will be this year. So I can make plans. TIA
Views: 606   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 1, 2009 3:35pm
by Diane
Atlanta today?
Any one know any results from the Atlanta shows today?
Views: 245   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 1, 2009 2:34pm
by Curious
a
anon**
bicep induced coronoid fracture?
Have a 10 month old dog diagnosed by a leading orthopedic vet that he has a bicep induced coronoid fracture. He will have surgury. Says this is not genetic. Is this not FCP? If this is not genetic will OFA not pass elbows? Thank you for any information you can giv...
Views: 246   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 1, 2009 2:11pm
by Breeder
Oregon Legislation! Heads Up!
HB 2470 has been introduced in the OR legislature. SUMMARY The following summary is not prepared by the sponsors of the measure and is not a part of the body thereof subject to consideration by the Legislative Assembly. It is an editor¢s brief statement o...
Views: 290   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 1, 2009 1:12am
by Gina in PA
Hats for showing?
Anyone have a good links to nice hats to wear in the show ring? Something with Labs on it maybe?
Views: 578   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 31, 2009 11:01pm
by breeder
any news from Atlanta today??
haven't seen anyone post???
Views: 266   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 31, 2009 10:59pm
by Breeder
Contracts
Could anyone point me in the direction of a good stud dog contract that can be downloaded on line? Thanks so much.
Views: 293   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 31, 2009 9:23pm
by Information plea...
Early Ear Infection...Vet had a holitistic suggestion
Hi there, My 1 year old boy had one droopy ear this morning and was shaking his head a lot. No visible yeast in the ear and no odor. Took him to the vet to investigate and he agreed that he did not see or smell anythign either. He thought perhaps that I had not...
Views: 259   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 31, 2009 8:07pm
by CM
=
=)
Fox x Dog ?
I have 4 Bitches in Heat all at the same time and I Had to Move them to a Kennel bilding that we have for girls. But I have notice a Fox or coyote has been Visiting around and Sitting not far away just watching them. Shoud I worry about having a Fox x Dog accident?...
Views: 615   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jan 31, 2009 7:40pm
by NY breeder
Size of Males
Have a question; I had a puppy buyer contact me today about a 6.5 month old male they got from me. They say he is beautiful but small - about 45 lbs. This boy was always the smallest in his litter. His male siblings are 60 lbs and over, and his female siblings are a...
Views: 427   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 31, 2009 7:34pm
by breeder
For the Innova feeders out there, question..............
I was recently told by someone (not a Lab person) that Innova will turn black dogs red in the summer. Has anyone experienced this? They used to say that about Eukanuba too, but I used to use Eukanuba a while back and never had that happen to the blacks. Personally I...
Views: 572   Replies: 18
Last Post: Jan 31, 2009 7:01pm
by May Switch Back
Results definition
Does anyone know what this- 2/1WH - means in a show result? There was only one in the class. I have never seen this before.
Views: 419   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 31, 2009 6:18pm
by Anon
Any L/Q arrivals?
L/Q's web site says the "mailed date" is Feb 1. Where will it arrive first? I have gotten mine as early as a week before "mailed date". Could use some good reading material- iced in, here in Ma. -
Views: 358   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 31, 2009 4:48pm
by Huh?
m
Maria
Let's talk budgets
Though we are geographically diverse, let's share ideas about how we are finding ways to try to maintain our quality of life and spend less money or get more value for the money we spend on items that we purchase to run our daily household.
Views: 789   Replies: 25
Last Post: Jan 31, 2009 12:58pm
by Just me
c
Corey
Big Apple Sporting Society
I was just checking for the judging program for Big Apple. I have never seen ring times like this! The last class has a 9:30 PM ringtime!! Group judging probably won't begin until at least 10 PM! It almost makes you pray you don't win the breed! http://www.raudog...
Views: 486   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 31, 2009 12:18pm
by Breeder
Sick dog-any ideas what this could be?
6 years ago I gave a friend of mine my 9 year old girl as he had asked if he could take her while I had his dog to whelp a litter and he would bring her back when his dog went back home, long story short he fell in love with her, she was sleeping in his bed, swimming...
Views: 578   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jan 31, 2009 11:48am
by Patty/Snowco
:
:)
Re: Peidmont judging Schedule
Is the schedule up anywhere? And what's the entry breakdown?
Views: 443   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 31, 2009 10:39am
by Pierry & Stan - ...
Views: 243   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 31, 2009 10:12am
by wondering
Is 1000 mg/day Vitamin C ok?
Is 1000 mg./day of Vitamin C ok for an eighty lb. boy?
Views: 354   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 31, 2009 8:28am
by Nancy Rudgers
Bark collars
How sensitive are the bark collars? Can the sensitivity be adjusted? Can another dog barking make it zap the dog that is wearing it, for instance, if the dogs were crated next to each other?
Views: 373   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 30, 2009 9:49pm
by Alicia
Stud Dogs of the Past
Stud Dogs of the Past How many of us would use the very famous stud dogs of yesteryear? They were great in their time but since the standard changed and breeders set new trends would they still be so great and would they still get used? How much have Labrado...
Views: 675   Replies: 24
Last Post: Jan 30, 2009 9:36pm
by anon
w
which?
Atlanta shows?
I don't see anything on info dog? What shows are going on there now?
Views: 386   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 30, 2009 8:21pm
by Maureen Gamble
Another Piedmont Question/request
Dear Piedmont Club Folks, If at all possible, would you please post the results for the Obedience and Rally this year on your website? You do a lovely job with posting all the breed ring results, those of us in the Obedience/Rally would appreciate results listed...
Views: 303   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 30, 2009 8:10pm
by Linda F.
Raleigh,Nc
Any of you out there have any input? Considering a move...
Views: 340   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 30, 2009 7:05pm
by Sara
Rescue Contacts In Michigan area, Please Read
This is from another Lab list, Black Labradors at Yahoo. This woman told the folks there of this issue a few months ago, and suggestions were given then, but it appears as if they are truly moving(there was a question in the fall), and the dog needs a home. I do reca...
Views: 232   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 30, 2009 6:43pm
by Rescue Needed
NLR-Working From Home
I'd like to make some extra money and see that there are a multitude of "work at home" computer based jobs, ie administrative, typing, etc. Does anyone do this kind of work? It always seems to me that many of these jobs seem to be scams and don't want to waste my t...
Views: 394   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 30, 2009 5:46pm
by Betsy
Puppy Tunnels and Hoops
On several websites I see tunnels for puppies to run through. These are safe to keep outside. Mine is not, it can be chewed and cannot handle the elements. Can you folks tell me where you get your puppy tunnels and how you secure them so they don't roll with the pupp...
Views: 308   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 30, 2009 5:15pm
by Sherry
Top chocolate studs now and then....
In light of the yellow thread, how about a list of chocolate boys??
Views: 831   Replies: 24
Last Post: Jan 30, 2009 4:33pm
by Chocolate Lover
c
Chris
SAY NO California Posted with permission
Please say "NO" on the proposed possible tax on Veterinary Services. CA wants to legislate a 9% tax on all veterinary services, including meds. Veterinarians, who’s training and licensing is as rigorous as that of MDs would then have their care taxed, (includi...
Views: 245   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 30, 2009 4:01pm
by Chris
UTI antibiotic for possibly pregnant bitch
What are safe and unsafe antibiotics in this situation? Culture showed e-coli, haven't gotten the sensitivity back yet, but my local vet is not a repro person at all and already recommended Baytril, which is listed on several websites as one that should not be used....
Views: 236   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jan 30, 2009 3:16pm
by Patty/Snowco
Los Angeles County Canine Health Alert (FWD with permission)
Since January 21, 2009, Veterinary Public Health has received reports from several veterinary clinics that they were seeing an increasing number of dogs with watery and bloody diarrhea. Thus far, 53 official reports have been received, with an estimated 120 or mo...
Views: 419   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 30, 2009 2:26pm
by J. Musella
Piedmont Show Question
Anyone know who to contact concerning my entry. I've not heard anything and am wondering if the entry was received, etc. I have a motel room and don't want to make the trip if my entries didn't go through. TIA
Views: 316   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 30, 2009 2:11pm
by Linda F
Re: Piedmont - snow?
has the snow cleared up or is the ground still covered? just wondering..can't wait, getting excited
Views: 375   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 30, 2009 1:04pm
by EA
just a thought about breeder's recognition
sometimes I think that breeder's "get no-respect" for the dogs they breed, sell to a person, and have that person pay to have them finished and campaigned. The post about call names got me thinking. There are some top winning campaigned dogs that people are so quick...
Views: 728   Replies: 31
Last Post: Jan 30, 2009 12:07pm
by Peggy Stevens
Lighten Up People ~ Revisited
I bet your baby boy can't pee at a urinal! LOLOLOL It's a picture to make you smile instead of knocking people around!
Views: 464   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 30, 2009 11:40am
by LOL
Sounds like a blockage?
I just got this email this morning from a a friend about one of my pups. Nothing in the history of the parents so I thought I would post here. It's too early to call my vet, I'll do that too when she opens. Thanks in advance, Tina How have you been? You would b...
Views: 300   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 30, 2009 11:06am
by Pridezion Labrad...
l
Leads
show leads
Where can I find some good nylon English show leads here is the states? I tried Clare but can't get through
Views: 304   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 30, 2009 8:19am
by Leads
d
Diane
Westminster Shows
Can you just go to the Westminster and get general admission tickets the day of the Labrador class? My friend said she does it every year buy can't remember what she pays. Anyone know
Views: 519   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 30, 2009 8:09am
by Breeder 30
m
Marcia
Stud Dogs of the Future!
I'm new to this forum and this subject and am looking for some advice from those of you in the know!My yellow boy was finished in Canada last spring and is 2 pts away from being finished here in the States. It was suggested to me to wait till he is finished here bef...
Views: 747   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 30, 2009 7:11am
by Breeder 30
n
Symbiotic AI Kits
Symbiotic AI Kits, Do any Labrador stud dog owners use these kits and if so is a visit to local vet prior to shipping required?
Views: 304   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 30, 2009 6:51am
by Stud Owner Whose...
b
Betty
On puppy watch
My bitch's temp seems to normally run only at 99.7. I have checked this over and over, different days, different times. Has anyone experienced this? I guess it will be a relative drop prior to whelping this week? Thanks for any input
Views: 376   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 30, 2009 6:47am
by Betty
Heartwarming video
We can all learn a lesson from these amazing animals: http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4696315n
Views: 292   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 30, 2009 3:55am
by Phil
flat chested puppies- not really swimmers
I have a few litters now and then, do my best in everything I can concerning the pre breeding, breeding, whelping and raising the litters. But because I have only a few litters, I am in need of advice or information from those who have more experience. This is in...
Views: 531   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jan 29, 2009 11:13pm
by hummmm
s
Sue
my 6 yr old spayed choc girl may have bladder infection
I have a 6 yr old chocolate spayed girl at home .She about a month ago began having red spotting in her urine when she went out side . In fact she pottied on my linoeum one day and I saw the spotting then too. We had her put on cephlexin 500 mg x 2...
Views: 342   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 29, 2009 10:56pm
by Sue
Food allergy question
I have a bitch with some yeast issues - a little itchy but not bad, a little pink between her toes on 2 feet, etc.. Switched her to a grain-free kibble and issues went totally away. Should she kept out of a breeding program because of this?
Views: 292   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 29, 2009 10:29pm
by breeder
b
Bdr
Cloned Labrador on the Today show
Did anyone see the story on the Today show this morning about the cloned yellow lab, Sir Lancelot Encore? Appears to be a wealthy couple that paid $150,000 to clone their beloved pet. Cute little puppy. You can watch a clip of it on the Today show website. Inters...
Views: 763   Replies: 37
Last Post: Jan 29, 2009 9:26pm
by We know, too!
Lighten Up People
I bet your baby boy can't pee at a urinal!!!! LOLOLOL
Views: 356   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 29, 2009 9:15pm
by Breeder
j
Jill
Fun Puppy Video
Hi Guys You can tell I've been snowed in today... I made a new puppy video.. just click here and make sure your sound is turned on. Enjoy! -Jill
Views: 685   Replies: 24
Last Post: Jan 29, 2009 9:06pm
by anon
Lighten Up People
I bet your baby boy can't pee at a urinal!!!! LOLOLOL
Views: 362   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 29, 2009 8:33pm
by Live Love Laugh
NDR - TV converter box
I ordered two converter box coupons back in the fall, but have since sold one of the TVs. I have a coupon if anyone needs one and hasn't already ordered it. I understand the program has run out of money to fund more coupons, so hate to see this one go to waste. Email...
Views: 325   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 29, 2009 7:55pm
by Maureen Gamble
Does anyone have a extra $155,000.00????
I got this and thought I would share, how cool is this??? http://www.miamiherald.com:80/news/top-stories/story/873799.html
Views: 828   Replies: 20
Last Post: Jan 29, 2009 7:20pm
by Tired of it
Dangerous Toy...
Be aware of these toys or similar ones. From: Renee Sippel-Baker [mailto:reneesb@mysteryranch.com] Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 4:21 PM To: Lauri Sippel; Sandy & Suzanne Brown; Robin Walker Subject: [Fwd: Fwd: FW: Beware - dangerous dog toy] Hor...
Views: 456   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 29, 2009 6:40pm
by Appears To Be Re...
interesting TIDBIT from the PA dog breeders Association
I guess there is this group down in south PA that has formed with big, big money and lawyers and stuff and is fighting the new PA dog law. An insider last night said their legal counsel has told ALL kennels to do NOTHING after the dog wardens come around and "bully...
Views: 286   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 29, 2009 6:07pm
by Barb@ Red Birch
Views: 250   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 29, 2009 4:09pm
by barb
Views: 473   Replies: 20
Last Post: Jan 29, 2009 2:09pm
by heartbroken
e
El
ProPlan
Just got an e-mail from Purina about the re-introduction of Purina Pro Plan Chicken and Rice. It will be labled as an All-Life Stages formula and be placed next to the Performance Formula. It will be in a 37.5 lb bag and Purina states that it is the exact same formul...
Views: 564   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jan 29, 2009 1:41pm
by Jackie, Black Sa...
t
Tina
Fat
What is the reason behind that most of Labrador breeder (Girls) are fat??
Views: 1053   Replies: 41
Last Post: Jan 29, 2009 12:54pm
by Patty/Snowco
Swimmer's Link
Could someone tell me about a Swimmer's Link? Also, how does one tell the differance between that and a bad topline?
Views: 730   Replies: 25
Last Post: Jan 29, 2009 12:44pm
by JanisG
Color Preference?
We have three beautiful colors in our breed (with the variation of Fox Red within Yellow of course). Do you have a bias toward one color? There are so many exceptional girls and boys out there, but at the end of the day, I just love black - can't shake it. Any...
Views: 534   Replies: 21
Last Post: Jan 29, 2009 11:36am
by Chloe S.
Full bellies
My 2 puppies 11 weeks and 13 weeks just got into a bag of puppy food. Their bellyies are FULL and hard is there anything I should do?
Views: 408   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 29, 2009 8:33am
by CM
Nose trouble
I have a 1 1/2 old yellow girl whose nose now has a nose that looks almost like a sunburn. Nose as pup was perfect...it still has the black around the nose but on the part that is flacky looking is has a pinkish tint to it. Anyone have any thoughts of what could be c...
Views: 417   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 29, 2009 7:56am
by Lab Breeder
Would you use a stud if/what would you definately not use?
Would you use this stud dog? Champion,OFA excellent, normal elbows, Optigen A, heart , CERF but with slight entropian? His eyes just look a little droopy on dusty days....CERF'ed without this before but not this time- this Opthomoligst said it is because he has a...
Views: 968   Replies: 23
Last Post: Jan 29, 2009 5:56am
by sylvia liebrecht...
progesterone less than 0.2
I have a bitch that started her season on Jan 17. I ran a progesterone test early to be sure I had not missed the start of her heat as she was bleeding - drops on the floor but very lightly. The first test was on Jan 21 - day 5 of her heat and the number came back le...
Views: 302   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 29, 2009 5:31am
by Emma
AKC Rally Question
I have a dog that I would like to enter in his first rally test, he has his CD, but I don't know if that matters or not on which novice rally class he goes in? I have never titled another dog in rally. can someone help?
Views: 268   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 29, 2009 2:28am
by Kinderwood
m
Maria
Greenies Smart Biscuits
My terrific neighbor always gives my Labs treats for Christmas. This year we received the Greeies Smart Biscuits. Before feeding them I thought I would check here to see if there is anything I should consider before doing so. They have chlorophyll in them. Feedba...
Views: 319   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 28, 2009 10:17pm
by Maria
Charleston Show Great time
Thanks to everyone in the Costal Club for putting on the normal fun show. Thanks to Cindy for helping us out . The best thing was seeing Jim , Lori, Cindy, Nancy, Linda, Elizabeth, Moye, Frank, Jill , Connie, Marion, Rusty, Jenifer, Melanie, Gail, Fabian, Sally, C...
Views: 574   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 28, 2009 9:32pm
by Susan ~ Fenwyck
Julesby hey good looking
Sorry to his owner if I've got the name and or spelling wrong on this boy. Could someone direct me to a website to look at him and also his owners name? Thanks so much!
Views: 485   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 28, 2009 8:28pm
by Diane Sullenberg...
See you at Potomac 2009...
Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum… It’s your Big Daddy havin’ fun! Knut, my son, you have no clue… I’ve been here and back from Kalamazoo! It’s too early for verses, but you had start… It smells like a rat or a really bad f...
Views: 670   Replies: 19
Last Post: Jan 28, 2009 8:27pm
by Not Gnome, but a...
Charleston Show
The Charleston show was wonderful and the judges were excellent. Hospitality could not have been finer. This is my first post, and being a judge I have avoided ever seeing a forum. Has anyone else's dog become ill? My bitch has been "losing her lunch" all day, l...
Views: 505   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 28, 2009 7:42pm
by Susan ~ Fenwyck
PETA's new approach!!!
It seems PETA has a new approach, sex! They have a television ad that promotes a vegetarian life style creates better sex. This ad was turned down by the Super Bowl as being too racy. But this means we should expect more ads on television attempting to gain genera...
Views: 342   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 28, 2009 7:09pm
by Breeder
Grandma Arbuckle!!
Well it is offical hahaha Nancy Arbuckle is a Grandma! I love saying it hehehe Buckles daughter Jamie who lives in Chicago had a Baby Girl this morning... Kathern (kate) is 7lbs 11... 22inches tall and all are doing well! Even GRANDMA! What a wonderful edition t...
Views: 870   Replies: 17
Last Post: Jan 28, 2009 5:57pm
by Breeder 2
Box training
I am trying to litter box train my puppies. Never having done it before, at what age to start? I found the newspaper pellets and I have a cat litter pan that I cut down so they can get in and out. They are only three weeks, should I wait a little longer? I know it wi...
Views: 558   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 28, 2009 3:15pm
by Lucy
All Breed Show/Judge - Do you hard stack or fee bait?
Just wondering which you choose, in general, when you are showing to All Breed judges?
Views: 720   Replies: 46
Last Post: Jan 28, 2009 2:05pm
by Maureen Gamble
heads up, PA breeders, minimum age 8 weeks now
Amended October 7, 2008. http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/PN/Public/btCheck.cfm?txtType=HTM&sessYr=2007&sessInd=0&billBody=H&billTyp=B&billNbr=2525&pn=4524 Cannot give or sell puppies before 8 weeks old, used to be 7 weeks. This isn't just for state l...
Views: 451   Replies: 17
Last Post: Jan 28, 2009 1:42pm
by chart
m
MK
Obedience clubs in N. Illinois?
One of my puppy buyers is looking for an obedience club in Northern IL--obedience, agility, rally, etc. She is just north of Chicago. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks. MK
Views: 197   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 28, 2009 12:27pm
by AnnaH
Piedmont Judging Schedule?
Does anyone know if the schedule has been posted yet?
Views: 289   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 28, 2009 11:46am
by Exhibitor
Atlanta Hotels
Could anyone make a recommendation for a hotel for the Greater Atlanta shows in Feb. I have looked at the locations online and there are several within the same area - are some more pet friendly than others?
Views: 236   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 28, 2009 10:21am
by Lab Breeder
Which Airlines, Delta or Continental ??
I have always received pups on our end from Delta. I read some of the reviews and they didn't sound too good. What about shipping pups Continental ? Which do you all prefer when you ship pups ? Thanks !
Views: 337   Replies: 18
Last Post: Jan 28, 2009 9:47am
by merrymaker
Activia
Anyone know if there are actual facts out there on giving Activia to the dogs being either an issue or healthy? I fell into the 14 day challenge : you know , the Activia Challenge...thinking it was a weight management thing, not realizing it was for 'regularity' H...
Views: 400   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 28, 2009 6:31am
by Tina @ Tyric
to show or not to show
I have a 14 month old girl I really like, front, rear, coat, bone, attitude she's got it all. EXCEPT her tail is a good otter shape, but not a lot of coat on it. Looks add against her mother and her father's tail was well wrapped. It certainly will look different...
Views: 665   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 27, 2009 10:55pm
by Summer
anti breeder bill in New Jersey
The American Sporting Dog Alliance strongly urges all New Jersey dog owners to contact/email members of the Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee to voice clear opposition to this terrible legislation, which will destroy a lifetime of work by many of the most d...
Views: 193   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 27, 2009 10:24pm
by NJ dog lover
Sam's Exceed Dog Food
Hi. I am considering trying the Sams brand Exceed dog food. I went there Sat and they have 2 different kinds, lamb and rice and then the chicken. I was thinking of the lamb and rice as the chicken has alot of protein and fat? Anyone posting feed this? For your typi...
Views: 514   Replies: 26
Last Post: Jan 27, 2009 6:16pm
by Claudia
Feeding pregnant gal
Its been a while since I have had a litter and I am a bit brain dead or so it seems. My gal is just on seven weeks pregnant. Eats kibble. How many cups should she be eating at this stage?
Views: 293   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 27, 2009 4:19pm
by Armando
?
???
Erie Shows
Results of Erie shows?
Views: 357   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 27, 2009 4:02pm
by HRL
s
Sue
Expecting 2 maybe 3 puppies /CS or natural odds
Hi, I just had an xray taken on saturday on my pregnant bitch and we saw two pupps.There was a slight possibility of a 3rd puppy skeleton. She is due on Jan 30 -Jan 31 . I did see the skeletons on 2 for sure. So a small litter. :( I do not see where she...
Views: 556   Replies: 18
Last Post: Jan 27, 2009 2:45pm
by Sue
To register or not?
what benefit is it to me to register my kennel name other than keeping someone else from using it? TY
Views: 571   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 27, 2009 12:08pm
by Lisa Cruanas-Lau...
Cornell progesterone testing 1 week turn around
Just contacted a vet I've been using off and on--regular vet is scaling back with health issues. Anyway new guy says they will do progesterone testing for $23 and send it out to Cornell and get results in a week. Having a senior moment...place we send to...the n...
Views: 432   Replies: 18
Last Post: Jan 27, 2009 11:59am
by ?
puppy food vs adult food
I am wondering how many breeders feed their pups adult food vs puppy food and from what age?
Views: 543   Replies: 24
Last Post: Jan 27, 2009 11:38am
by Hi protein feede...
m
MK
recalls of pet food/treats with peanut ingredients
Most of you have probably seen the Petco treats that have been recalled because they contained peanut paste or peanut butter from the company that is having a salmonella problem. I feed SportMix peanut biscuits, so I emailed them to see if they were included in th...
Views: 261   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 27, 2009 11:35am
by MK
1YR OLD EATING POO
I HAVE A ONE YR OLD THAT LIKES TO EAT POO NOT HIS OWN BUT MY OTHER DOGS ANY RECOMMENDATIONS I HAVE TRIED MOST OF EVERYTHING. I HAVE HEARD IT COULD BE THE AGE AND MAY OUTGROW BUT MAYBE SOMEONE CAN TELL ME SOMETHING I HAVENT HEARD. THIS IS GROSS.
Views: 352   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 27, 2009 11:12am
by bad habits....
Crate pads
Does anyone have contact information for Prime Pads out of Ohio. You see them at some of the shows but does not appear to have a website-Thanks
Views: 291   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 27, 2009 10:40am
by Jkanner
Attracting bitch to whelping box
About a week to go and box ready for any nesting activity.... She avoids it like the plague unless I climb in. I know she will end up in there, but any hints on making her "like" it more/feel more comfortable prior to start of labor? The other bitches want to l...
Views: 347   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 27, 2009 7:12am
by anon
Puppy vacs
If I read the "law" correctly FL demands puppy shots be given at eight weeks old which includes lepto. Their requirements refer to "pet dealers" which means any breeder producing more than two litters a year or 20 puppies. If, as a hobby breeder, I don't fall into th...
Views: 377   Replies: 19
Last Post: Jan 27, 2009 6:59am
by The point is
Safe-Guard
Is Safe-Guard essentially the same thing as Panacur? Is it non-prescription? Is it any cheaper? Does anyone use it?
Views: 526   Replies: 28
Last Post: Jan 26, 2009 10:13pm
by Linda Torgerson
Views: 467   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 26, 2009 8:51pm
by ...
Get your tissues ready - golden retriever story
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/090122 A friend sent us that story saying it reminded him of the one my husband wrote a year ago when Boaz, our lab, died in his arms. Virginia
Views: 338   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 26, 2009 8:38pm
by Virginia
b
Brd
Eagle Pack Food
On Eagle Pack's food description, they claim it will increase a dog's sperm count and bring a female into season? Why would that be? Because of the high protein or high fat content? I just don't understand how a food could affect a reproductive cycle or sperm count...
Views: 399   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 26, 2009 8:18pm
by Cinderbay
What do you do?
If you sold a pet quality female pup to a family. And then they end up breeding it on a LR. What would you do.? And you know about it sooner or later. Do you void the health guarantee.? Is there any penalities? What if later the said female had some type of health...
Views: 682   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jan 26, 2009 7:53pm
by MikeM
Glens Falls results for 1/29/09
WD Startop's Highwayman (RJ & Razzle Dazzle) WB and BOB Sentinel Oaks Runs Too Much (BISS AM/MEX Ch Sunnybrook's Tiger Hawk x Windswept Frivolous Gal) from the 9-12 mo class, over the special. she is owner by Bill Baker and shown by Gail Rathbun, of Windswept Labra...
Views: 640   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 26, 2009 6:40pm
by Nancy Rudgers
j
Java
Is my Vet taking advantage of me?
Today is the day my 12 month old lab is to be neutered. To weeks ago we brought him in for his pre surgery check up. During that check-up he was to have his blood work done and everything else asociated with a pre surgery check-up. During that check-up, all they d...
Views: 597   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 26, 2009 6:35pm
by Kathy Coleman
puppy classes
Can you enter an 8 month old puppy in the 9 - 12 class?
Views: 427   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jan 26, 2009 6:34pm
by show classes
Charleston Result anyone ?
Wondering how things turned out in at the Charleston shows today.
Views: 964   Replies: 61
Last Post: Jan 26, 2009 6:23pm
by Bdr
Jill, what am I missing here???
Where in the World are our visitors from... Click on the map to find out! from previous page
Views: 876   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 26, 2009 5:12pm
by Imalsoanon
Where you raise your litters
Our litters are born in the house and then moved to an outside yard with shelter once they are old enough. This helps me out with keeping their living area clean and I believe it also helps to house train them more easily. Not to mention that it gives them much more...
Views: 865   Replies: 36
Last Post: Jan 26, 2009 4:44pm
by Alexandra
Hard to adjust?
I have a puppy buyer who would like me to keep their puppy an additional month because it would be more convenient for her to pick the puppy up. (She's traveling to Miami that weekend and could pick pup up on her way back). The puppy would be 12 weeks old before goin...
Views: 718   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jan 26, 2009 1:28pm
by How would you ha...
s
STH
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Hello, I wonder if anyone out there has any answers or information regarding a dog with Irritable Bowel Syndrome? Any help would be appreciated. I purchased a puppy in October with intentions to begin training to show her this spring. She was flown in from another...
Views: 544   Replies: 21
Last Post: Jan 26, 2009 12:18pm
by Alexandra
pineapple dosage for poop eaters
I am about to loose my mind with my Labs. I have multiable labs that all live in my home. Some are caged at night and the rest loose. The past couple weeks I have lost many nights of sleep to them waking me up asking to go outside to throw up ( because they have a...
Views: 474   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 26, 2009 11:52am
by Alfredo Vallejo
Lamb And Rice recommendation
Was feeding PP L&R until the shredded blend-was advised to switch to the PP SS&S. Not having good results-dogs back ends stink like fish all the time and they are pooing non stop. Can anyone recommend a L&R formula with a decent protein to fat ratio (25/16 range li...
Views: 452   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 26, 2009 11:37am
by Kirkland
k
Kelly
Hips again
How old is too old to have hips checked? Aren't they changing all the time anyway? So if you didn't have them checked by 2 your out of luck? Thanks
Views: 426   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 26, 2009 11:17am
by Question
us classes vs uk classes
looking to find out how our show classes compare with those in the UK (ie) our 6-9 mos. is to their-----class ect. thanks
Views: 312   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 26, 2009 11:17am
by Kinderwood
Agility site/stream
Hi- About a year ago or maybe more I found a neat connection to an agility DVD (I think) on this forum. It was great and I need it for a student at my school who would like to pursue agility with his lab as his senior project for next year. Does anyone have a clu...
Views: 247   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 26, 2009 11:15am
by Alexandra
Views: 324   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 26, 2009 9:19am
by still smiling
canidae- any thoughts good or bad
Any thoughts on the Canidae food? Please give me good and bad experiences. Thanks
Views: 358   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 26, 2009 1:49am
by 5pawsup
Does Tamiflu really work?
Does Tamiflu have any effect on parvo puppies… This is my experience and opinion on how Tamiflu effected my puppies durng a parvo outbreak. I purchased enough Tamiflu to cover both my litters that were exsposed to parvo on Jan 5th. I worked with my vet, pup...
Views: 509   Replies: 17
Last Post: Jan 26, 2009 12:29am
by breeder
Disqualifing a dog for a bad bite-Any judges advise is much appreciated
Today at a dog show someone's dog was DQ'd because the dog has a undershot bite, my understanding is that they can't DQ a dog for a bad bite as it is not a disqualification for our breed, dog is entered at a show tommorrow can the dog still go in the show? She is go...
Views: 681   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 26, 2009 12:09am
by Jackie, Black Sa...
pre-breeding health questions
The scenerio: My female is two and a half years old and has her CD and is pointed in the show ring. She has her OFA hips and elbows and is CERF eyes clear. She has her OFA cardiac. All is normal. She has just begun her heat, but I want to breed her on her next...
Views: 411   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 25, 2009 11:44pm
by BreederX24
Identifying pups
What is the paint you can use to mark puppies and where can I find it?
Views: 719   Replies: 34
Last Post: Jan 25, 2009 10:31pm
by Another breeder
j
jan
golden gate
results anyone???????
Views: 444   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 25, 2009 9:25pm
by Breeder
Vet Recommendation in St. Louis
Hi All, I have a puppy going home to the St. Louis area next weekend. The family is new to the area and looking for a good recommendation for a vet. Anyone know of a few vets they could recommend for me? Also, how about a reputable boarding kennel - they won't...
Views: 255   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 25, 2009 4:46pm
by Patty Streufert
Safe to bring Pups outside
I live in the Northeast and we are going through a good northeast cold snap. At what age would you bring your pups outside, what temperature is safe, how long etc? I want them to experience the great outdoors but even my bitch doesn't like staying out very long. Any...
Views: 432   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 25, 2009 3:31pm
by not uncomon
Where the money goes: Peta & HSUS
Got this link from another list. A good site to see where the money goes: www.activistcash.com Possibly, a good link to put on our sites. One of my puppy buyers thought they were donating to a very charitable organization. You can imagine how pleased I was...
Views: 264   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 25, 2009 3:07pm
by MikeM
Percentage of dogs with HD that are symptomatic vd those that are non-symptomatic the majority of th
Does anyone here know a good website that shows statistically the percentage of dogs with HD that are symptomatic vs those that are non-symptomatic the majority of their lives? Any research, or even your personal experience as a breeder would be healpful. Specifi...
Views: 323   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 25, 2009 3:00pm
by Breeder XXV
Best Day At Potomac
If you could only go for one day to Potomac....what day would that be?
Views: 660   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 25, 2009 2:41pm
by Nancy Rudgers
X-ray for head count?
I have a bitch who is due Wednesday, February 11th. I like to do a head count x-ray around day 56-58, which would be February 4th-6th, but my vet is off on the 4th and 5th and I am going to a dog show two states away on the weekend of the 7-8th and will be leaving o...
Views: 297   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 25, 2009 2:27pm
by Robin
overbite
Can someone share with me an article on using 'Ball Therapy' for overbites? I'd like to give it to one of my puppy families. TIA
Views: 457   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 25, 2009 10:22am
by Tooth Fairy
Relief for Ichy Dogs
Does anyone have any suggestions for ichy dogs. With all of the cold weather in the Midwest this year, my dogs are miserable with dry skin. Although vibrating beds can be fun, having it start at all hours of the night is not. I know it is not allergies or fleas....
Views: 272   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 25, 2009 9:41am
by Melody Losea
has anyone ever had this happen?
have you ever had a person call, and because of the "questions" you wonder if it is a PETA person posing as a puppy buyer? Then they want to visit the kennel... what "red flags" would you watch for? What questions would you ask prior to letting them visit? No...
Views: 590   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 25, 2009 9:04am
by Canada
Epilepsy
Ihave heard that a test for epilepsy was perfected in Finland last year. Does anyone know anything about it?
Views: 560   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 25, 2009 7:59am
by ritva juutilaine...
Anyone need a hotel room for Westminster?
Please contact me privately at the above e-mail address. I will be staying with a friend and have a room available right across the street from Madison Square Garden. Dogs are allowed. -Julie
Views: 335   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 25, 2009 1:59am
by J. Musella
now they're going after horses, too!!
The new legislative sessions continue to go after us animal owners..... NH: Licensing Horses > > OKAY, now I have seen and read it all!!!! NH is wanting to license and > register horses as if they are dogs and cats not agricultural animals. > > > New Ha...
Views: 439   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jan 24, 2009 11:36pm
by Cathy
a
anon
Vet Gen color testing-confusion on which test
I want to test a yellow dog for possiblilty of carrying chocolate. Sire and dam are black. Which test do I order?
Views: 281   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 24, 2009 9:12pm
by breeder
Go Natural Food
Has anyone fed this food? It is Canadian and from what I can see it is a good choice. Pet stores are promoting it heavily but I would appreciate feed back from anyone who has actually used it or heard from someone who has used it. Thanks.
Views: 355   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 24, 2009 8:50pm
by CM
Glens Falls Dog Show
Congrats to Sentinel Oaks Runs Too Much for taking puppy group 2 today. Also congratulations to her owner/breeder Bill Baker and her handler Gail Rathbun. Go Team!!
Views: 406   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 24, 2009 8:49pm
by breeder
Natures Variety
Anyone feeding this product (what flavor and do you rotate)-what have your results been? Also, have you raised puppies and fed pregnant girls this with good results? Thank you for yet one more food question.
Views: 284   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 24, 2009 6:34pm
by kim
?
????
Views: 308   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 24, 2009 6:27pm
by Lisa M
Which vacuum do you recommend??
Hi: Need new vacuum for four wonderful and hairy Labradors. Which do you recommend? I appreciate all help. Have a Great weekend.
Views: 312   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 24, 2009 5:48pm
by LIL
Grayslake, IL show results?
If anyone was there or knows what happened, please share!
Views: 290   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 24, 2009 5:26pm
by exhibitor
Question about reading PennHip results
I have always used the OFA for three reasons; 1) they give you rating easy for the average pet owner to understand which is a good selling point when your customers want to know hip results, 2) more people seem to use OFA than PennHip, and 3) it's easier to find a ve...
Views: 443   Replies: 28
Last Post: Jan 24, 2009 5:15pm
by switch now
Taste of The Wild-Breeder Program??
Do they have a breeder program or a frequent buyer program? Those of you who's dogs didn't do well what was the reasons you didn't like it?
Views: 674   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 24, 2009 4:39pm
by kim
NLR~Question about lenses for a Canon XTi
Someone once told me that the lenses from some of the older non-digital film SLR camera's would work on the new digital Canon's like the XTi. Is this true?
Views: 230   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 24, 2009 2:31pm
by Patty Streufert
b
Brdr
chronic ear problems, what to do???
I have a dog here that constantly has ear issues. Have done the anitbiotics route, oral and topical, numerous times over. It will get better but never 100% and then as soon as it's stopped, right back to square one. According to cultures, there is mostly bacteri...
Views: 636   Replies: 21
Last Post: Jan 24, 2009 12:41pm
by Lab Breeder
OFA results again
When you receive a pass from OFA do you call to find out what the individual scores are or do they tell you in your paperwork?
Views: 444   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 24, 2009 11:12am
by Jackie, Black Sa...
k
Kelly
Garden
How many of you are attending the Garden this year? Hope to see a bunch of us there!!!!
Views: 331   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 24, 2009 9:45am
by Kelly
Purina ONE L & R
I finally got a reply from Purina about a formula change to the ONE Lamb and Rice Yes, they did change the formula, in December '07. That's what I figured, when I saw the different label on the bottom of the bag. It changed from "Total Nutrition" to "Lamb and...
Views: 447   Replies: 17
Last Post: Jan 24, 2009 7:17am
by jeannette scott
Writing your legislators
I've posted this before but with all this legislation coming out it bear repeating. I'd only like to add that it might be a good idea to get a Post office box for your return address. It should be in your home zip code for it to match your district for your legislat...
Views: 307   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 23, 2009 8:12pm
by Becky K.
s
Susan
Pancytopenia or Non-Regenerative Anemia? HELP NEEDED!
I would appreciate so much any thoughts or suggestions anyone may have. My almost 3-yr old chocolate girl became droopy and slow to eat. Wednesday I took her to the Vet. Her temp was over 104, her gums were dull, she seemed to have an enlarged abdomen. The Vet dr...
Views: 440   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 23, 2009 6:51pm
by Jackie, Black Sa...
Minnesota breeder bills!
Minnesota Alert: Breeders Bills Up for Consideration on Jan. 27 [Friday, January 23, 2009] Two Minnesota Senate proposals, SF 7 and SF 201, each featuring different breeder regulation proposals, will be heard on Tuesday, January 27, by the Senate Agriculture...
Views: 223   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 23, 2009 5:10pm
by Gina in PA
VA - MSN bill
VIRGINIA **May also be forwarded to other appropriate email lists** We are facing a number of unfavorable bills this year, but the worst so far is SB 1151, sponsored by Senator Ryan McDougle, Hanover County. We have been unable to get in to talk to him, but we've...
Views: 218   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 23, 2009 4:35pm
by CM
bill passed today a threat to Florida Breeders?
http://www.statesurge.com/bills/449898-hb-451-florida
Views: 407   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 23, 2009 4:19pm
by Florida 2
MSN for FL dogs
K Everyone...WE....FLORIDA....are now in the cross hairs...;-( On Jan 20, 2009 HB451 was filed in the Florida Legislature. This is a MANDATORY SPAY/NEUTER BILL!!!!!!!!!! We are in deep doodoo!!! They are hoping that Florida will be the first state to pass MSN.....
Views: 347   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 23, 2009 4:18pm
by Florida 2
mismate shot
Has anyone had experience with this? Did you have long term problems? Were you able to breed the bitch again? Did you breed her on the next heat (assuming no problems)? I think this is used more in Europe than here in the US so maybe breeders from there can...
Views: 597   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jan 23, 2009 3:30pm
by Peggy Stevens
How old is too old to breed???
I have a very beautifull gal, both in person and in pedigree that is very sound health wise, nowcomes she has had two litters in her lifetime and I would like if its no danger to her whatsoever to breed her one final time at 9. Anny comments, one way or the other ple...
Views: 650   Replies: 19
Last Post: Jan 23, 2009 10:06am
by uterus
weaning dams?
I have a girl whose pups are 6 weeks old and I'd like her to stop nursing. She is only going in once or twice a day, but I think it is time to stop. Any suggestions?
Views: 398   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jan 23, 2009 8:28am
by Breeder 2
t
Traci
Charleston weather?
What are the weather reports saying in the Charleston area for the shows this weekend? Weather.com says rain both days with temps in the hi 50's low 60's. We were curious what the local news channels were saying? Thanks, Traci
Views: 407   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 23, 2009 8:25am
by Jim & Elizabeth ...
Back to Basic
Thoughts on this food.
Views: 472   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 23, 2009 7:53am
by Lab Breeder
Stricture
I am breeding my girl and it's her first time. I did an AI today and found a stricture. I've never had one in one of my girls before. I have done quite a few AI's over the years. I did search the forum and read more about them. Some say it will break with whel...
Views: 536   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 23, 2009 12:19am
by Jenny - Tealwood
OFA hips that went borderline to fair to good?
A stud dog I was considering had his hips evaluated last year as "borderline" and xrays were resubmitted six months later and he got a "fair." Two months later, he is now listed as "good" in the OFA database. Did OFA change the rules? You can resubmit over the l...
Views: 658   Replies: 32
Last Post: Jan 22, 2009 11:14pm
by Maureen Gamble
Show or not?
I have a 14 month old female that was placed with me as show potential at 8 weeks. I am still fairly new at this and I had to rely on the breeder to determine the quality of the puppy. Now, she is very small, not so much short 21", small head and tail and she lacks b...
Views: 1121   Replies: 61
Last Post: Jan 22, 2009 8:09pm
by exhibitor
Itchy puppy - now adult
Hi All, I have a young dog that just seems to scratch and itch more than I'm used to. Vet thinks I'm nuts - no redness, no lesions, no mites, no fleas, no nothing. Skin looks healthy Coat looks good, but not as thick as I'm used to, but still this dog has just al...
Views: 356   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 22, 2009 6:58pm
by OtterTail
d
DebiR
For All You Snowed In Folks!
__I think I cut out the dirty words...______________________________________ December 8 6:00 PM It started to snow. The first snow of the season and the wife and I took our cocktails and sat for hours by the window watching the huge soft flakes drift down...
Views: 431   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 22, 2009 4:49pm
by Peggy Stevens
Help evaluate this food
I was looking at this new food what do you think based on ingredients and analysis percentages. FRESH LAMB & CHICKEN MEAT WHOLE GRAINS VEGETABLES HERBS NO CHEMICAL PRESERVATIVES OR ADDITIVES NO BY-PRODUCTS NO CORN, WHEAT OR SOY ESSENTIAL SKIN & COAT CONDI...
Views: 456   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 22, 2009 4:29pm
by Genesis Labrador...
New House Bill effecting Colorado Dog Breeders
My name is Scott Dietz, I own a state licensed kennel in Colorado. This last week I was made aware of a bill that is going to be brought before the Colorado House of Representatives. This bill will: 1. Limit the number of unsterile dogs over 6 monthes o...
Views: 380   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 22, 2009 1:18pm
by Greg Lynch - Kel...
j
Jill
Neoearth Map
Neoearth Map hey..have any of you had a chance to play with the map I installed on the Breeder Links page yet? It's pretty nifty and has pinpoints where you can see where people browsing the page are from...which leads me to this.. I just saw that we had a vi...
Views: 774   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jan 22, 2009 12:22pm
by F5
Potomac Premium list?
When will the Potomac premium list be available??
Views: 366   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 22, 2009 9:26am
by Knut
What are the rules?
My daughter has decided that she isn't really interested in taking the dogs into the ring for me That's okay I am not comfortable with the ring either, so my neice has very happily offered to help. She is 13 will be 14 in July, so my question is this? I know she c...
Views: 568   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 22, 2009 7:16am
by Kris
d
DebiR
Purina AGAIN!
I seen on another forum that Pro Plan C&R is coming back as Performance. Don't know about bag size or cost. I have tried several times to talk to a real person about this but keep getting put on hold or passed on. My dogs are loosing weight and coat on Shreds. I have...
Views: 736   Replies: 17
Last Post: Jan 22, 2009 12:43am
by Exceed
What would you do?
I had someone buy a pup from me as their second dog. It was quite an investment for this person, but she got her first dog from the shelter and spent a ton on her up front getting her over everything that was wrong with her when she brought her home. The buyer want...
Views: 761   Replies: 17
Last Post: Jan 21, 2009 10:52pm
by owner
Books
Any good books out there, On AI/ Reproduction . I don't need whelping but i'm sure its included. But they don't cover Artificial Insemenation Embroys etc......Basically I need an AI for dummies or 101? collecting shipping. etc...
Views: 312   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 21, 2009 9:22pm
by anonbdr
Nova Pearls Shampoo
Has anyone used Nova Pearls Sensitive Skin Shampoo on their Labradors? If so, how did you like it? I don't usually bathe my guys, and if they do need a good washing I use HyLyt Shampoo. I only have a little left, but have plenty of Nova Pearls SS for my other dogs...
Views: 273   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 21, 2009 9:18pm
by Dirty Dawg
s
Stan
Really interesting survey about Lab popularity
I happened to run across this survey by accident. The AKC has listed the most popular breeds in several major American cities. The Labrador Retriever is first in almost all the cities surveyed, with the exception of one, where Labs ranked third. What was really i...
Views: 434   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 21, 2009 6:52pm
by Leeda
Fewer stools-What food works?
I have a one year old lab girl that gets feed twice a day- two cups per meal. She is in great shape, not fat at all, well muscled with lots of energy. Here is the problem- She is pooping five times a day! Sometimes she does not make it out of the house before she...
Views: 398   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 21, 2009 6:05pm
by Linda Curpier
puppy contracts "strangles" 8 days after leaving my house
I have a litter left 2 weeks ago, client just called, puppy has strangles, symptoms beginning 8 days after leaving here. Wants 1/2 of purchase price of pup back. Says its genetic. My vet says it is UNKNOWN. Etiology is unknown. Is this my fault? Did it...
Views: 734   Replies: 33
Last Post: Jan 21, 2009 5:36pm
by Jackie, Black Sa...
Illinois Breeder Bill!!!
Illinois Breeders Bill Limits Dog Ownership, Unreasonably Restricts Breeders [Wednesday, January 21, 2009] Representative John Fritchey is sponsoring HB 198, a bill that would regulate dog breeders by limiting the number of dogs they can own and requiring li...
Views: 268   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 21, 2009 3:48pm
by Gina in PA
p
Phil
Please Be Warned!!!
SHARE THIS! Subject: VERY IMPORTANT , PLEASE READ THIS Anyone-using Internet mail such as Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL and so on. This information arrived this morning, Direct from both Microsoft and Norton Please send it to everybody you know...
Views: 702   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 21, 2009 3:13pm
by ;-)
Hips
Curious and be nice.. My bitch hips came back Fair....Would you still breed her?
Views: 719   Replies: 51
Last Post: Jan 21, 2009 1:52pm
by Alexandra
Supplements for puppys
How many add Glyco Flex or Glucosamine to growing puppys 8 weeks on up ? Any good history that it helps anything as they grow ? Have used it before with keepers and have not used it. Could not see anything to make me feel it helped. But want to do all I can with new...
Views: 403   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 21, 2009 1:19pm
by Breeder 2
t
Tom
Greater Atlanta Specialty - February 21st and 22nd. - Entries Close Feb 4th
Hi Everyone, just a friendly reminder. The Greater Atlanta Labrador Retriever Club Back to Back Specialties are February 21st and 22nd. Entries Close February 4th, noon Show Location: Jim Miller Park - Marietta, GA Show Secretary: MBF, http://www.infodog.com...
Views: 355   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 21, 2009 1:06pm
by Tom
NEW CHAMPION***Moon***
I finally got to escape from LA to show this weekend at Ventura. Much to my delight, I got to see my favorite chocolate dogs finish his well deserved Championship. So MAJOR congrats to Moon (CH. Baja Weikenlin Moonking) on winning WD,BOW and BOB (over 5 special...
Views: 917   Replies: 23
Last Post: Jan 21, 2009 1:01pm
by Moon, Chris and ...
Persistent Aortic Arch
Has anyone had a a puppy diagnosed with persistent aortic arch? If so, please share your experience.
Views: 408   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 21, 2009 12:35pm
by Leeda
Conditioning
Hi, I know this can be somewhat subjective. But, at what point do you stop forgiving the excess skin, roly poly puppy.
Views: 469   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jan 21, 2009 12:25pm
by PW
Kennels
STATEMENTS OF POLICY Title 7--AGRICULTURE CANINE HEALTH BOARD [ 7 PA. CODE CH. 28 ] Temporary Guidelines Standards for Commercial Kennels [39 Pa.B. 310] [Saturday, January 17, 2009] The Canine Health Board (Board), under section 221(g) of the Dog Law...
Views: 322   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 21, 2009 9:42am
by *
Pregnant mum and puppy food
My gal is six weeks pregnant. Does everyone recommend she be on puppy kibble now? Do you all feed her puppy kible once shes whelped?
Views: 298   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 21, 2009 9:09am
by MikeM
Recurring Non-Healing Corneal Ulcers
Has anyone had problems with recurring non-healing corneal ulcers? My lab will be 7 years old next month. He had a terrible bout with these ulcers in October 2008. The final solution was a grid-keratotomy and treatment with Cipro and he wore contact lenses for 1...
Views: 311   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jan 21, 2009 1:18am
by the other Joy
OFA Results Envelope
Can you tell by the size of the envelope from OFA if your results are passing or not?
Views: 463   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 20, 2009 11:19pm
by Maureen Gamble
a
Anon
My 7 week litter is coming down with something.
Three of my six pups have very loose stool and are not eating with out some coercing. They are also throwing up. I am waiting for my vet to come out here (probably not until late today.) How can I try to keep the other three from getting it. I pray it is just a s...
Views: 662   Replies: 24
Last Post: Jan 20, 2009 9:06pm
by Breeder
majors--Garden City Ks/Columbia MO.
Looking to find out if there will be majors at either of these shows. Good judge panel at both.]
Views: 357   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 20, 2009 8:14pm
by Maureen Gamble
u
Unity
A New Beginning
Today, we start a brand new chapter in our country. Setting aside political agendas, we must forge ahead with possitive optimism as a nation. As Labrador owners and visitors to this site, let's take this very unique day and insist that from now on, we work together...
Views: 640   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 20, 2009 7:30pm
by Kinderwood
Prostaglandins
Has anyone here successfully had a litter after a prostaglandin treatment post-pyo?
Views: 246   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 20, 2009 6:56pm
by Nancy Rudgers
AI kits
What kits are breeders using for insemination? Do you use a 10" rod or longer and what type of syringe is best? Thank you for your answers.
Views: 276   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 20, 2009 6:27pm
by Maureen Gamble
pro pac
I was talking to the owner of our local food store and he was telling me about pro pac dog food. He says the breeders out west orders this food by the pallet from their stores. Any comments good or bad about this food? We use Nutro now but it keeps going up in pri...
Views: 279   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 20, 2009 4:47pm
by EML
HSUS Turn in a breeder program
This link has been going around so I thought I would print the article on the list. _http://endangeredowner.blogspot.com/2009/01/hsus-turn-in-breeder-program.html _ (http://endangeredowner.blogspot.com/2009/01/hsus-turn-in-breeder-program.html) *L* T...
Views: 352   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 20, 2009 3:29pm
by Gina in PA
r
rookie
another noobie question
I have never been to a dog show and don't know about all the different types of awards that are given. What does it mean when a dog wins the stud dog class? What are the qualifications a dog needs to have in order to be shown in that class? Thanks
Views: 309   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 20, 2009 11:35am
by Susan ~ Fenwyck
recurring UTI in puppy......
Have a puppy buyer whose pup came up with a UTI (no crystals) at approx 10 weeks. Was put on Clavamox and something for pain for 14 days. Now puppy buyers says UTI is back after a week off meds and there is blood in urine. Pup going in tomorrow first thing in the...
Views: 378   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jan 20, 2009 11:05am
by Patty/Snowco
Obama puppy cartoon youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J-im8Yz064
Views: 397   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 20, 2009 10:14am
by Deven Grimaldi
entry #s
Any news on the entry numbers at Piedmont?
Views: 354   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 20, 2009 10:00am
by A Breeder
LRC and PCA weigh in on Obama pet choices
Labrador Retriever Club & Poodle Club of America Weigh in on 'Labradoodle' Debate Unpredictability of Mixed Breed Concerns Longtime Breed Experts NEW YORK, Jan. 19 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- In light of the recent announcement by the Obama family that the...
Views: 343   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 20, 2009 9:33am
by breeder
Sometimes it all works out - uplifting ending
Some shelter animals going to rescue groups By John Tompkins The Facts Published January 19, 2009 CLUTE — Every time a visitor arrives at Chris Roberson’s home, his 7-year-old, Clancy, warmly greets them when they open the door. “I...
Views: 292   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 20, 2009 9:25am
by Virginia
m
Marley
mayhem
Labs as pets have taste for mayhem Like movie’s Marley, real-life dogs are rowdy but loving. By Sandra Eckstein The Atlanta Journal-Constitution Tuesday, January 20, 2009 After running errands for 90 minutes Wednesday, Atlanta resident Courtney Dufri...
Views: 361   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 20, 2009 9:21am
by Marley
Back to Basics Kibble
For those of you who are feeding the Beowulf's Back to Basics Dry Food - the company is making a change in the ingredients. They are unable to secure enough of the human grade corn (according to their letter) , so they are replacing corn with brown rice, barley and...
Views: 251   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 20, 2009 8:19am
by Susan ~ Fenwyck
Solid Gold Can food
For the first time I bought a can of Solid Gold Green cow, Green beef Tripe. Opened the can to add to my boys dry food, I seen something white, thought it might be some bone cartilage. Picked it out to look closer at it and was shocked to find it to be hard plastic p...
Views: 256   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 20, 2009 8:19am
by Cinderbay
Unauthorized collection service !!
I am a bit perplexed, I know it's Monday but I think I may have Gremlins LOL..... I have two really large exercise areas for the dogs to run. I poop scoop frequently and place it in a bucket ( winter only ). In the morning (Or whatever part of the day is warm enou...
Views: 672   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 20, 2009 8:10am
by Sword
a
Alan
Pancreatitis
Has anyone any experience of this condition please?
Views: 308   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 20, 2009 2:30am
by EPI
d
DebiR
Speaking of Poo
Now that we have had to cut our dog yard down..yes I wish more than anything my husband would come in and say HEY LET's move....anyway I have covered my lime poo pit up and now need to know if most trash collectors will pick up a tied, heavy duty bag or two of poo up...
Views: 423   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jan 19, 2009 10:13pm
by Sharon Hamilton
Has anyone had their dog food allergy tested successfully??
were you able to pinpoint the culprit and avoid it? food trials are so time consuming... especially difficult in the winter when the dog is already scratching from dry skin
Views: 255   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 19, 2009 10:00pm
by Debbie Darche DV...
W Friendship results Monday
Any news of the winners at today's show? I heard a rumor it was pretty exciting.
Views: 482   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 19, 2009 9:11pm
by Ellie
Important - Make Plans Now!
I'm grieving today over one of our rescue girls who died yesterday, four days after the beginning of her heartworm treatment. In the midst of my grief though, I'm overwhelmed with the desire to do something positive, and thus this post . . . Another situation is...
Views: 644   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 19, 2009 8:00pm
by OtterTail
What Type of Bones do You Give?
What type of bones do you give your dogs to pass the time? I'm looking for something that is relatively long lasting and safe.
Views: 448   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jan 19, 2009 7:45pm
by kim
n
noob
On Average...
how many shows does it take to finish a Lab?
Views: 513   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 19, 2009 7:17pm
by NY Brdr
help picking a new dog food
Hi everyone , I really need a few words of advice. I have been feeding my Java Purina One Lamb and rice , she has been shedding terriblely and itching flaky skin, scratching to the point where she has gotten scabes. took her to the vet he says she has a allergy an...
Views: 405   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jan 19, 2009 5:44pm
by Kinderwood
j
Jerry
Kennel Names for Studs
I have a question and wondered if someone here might know the answer. Right now I just own boys & from what I've read on the AKC website, you can't register a kennel name until they produce 40 litters. That seems extreme to us, but what do you do in the mean time....
Views: 762   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jan 19, 2009 5:12pm
by Patty Streufert
Sunday Results from Portland?
Any results for today (Sunday)? Johanne
Views: 549   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jan 19, 2009 5:06pm
by Results
Vaccines - what are you doing
Curious as to what others are doing about vaccines given to pups. Do you give a combo vaccine w/ lepto to your puppies at 6 and 9wks of age? Or do you give a "non-lepto" combo vaccine? And why? Do you give just a Parvo vaccine at 5wks? Why -- Especially if you...
Views: 375   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jan 19, 2009 5:05pm
by JMO
Portland/Ventura
any new from the above shows
Views: 617   Replies: 20
Last Post: Jan 19, 2009 3:48pm
by Diana Pintel
Here we go again!!!
Just got this and here we go again http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/01/puppy-mill-paws-chicago-fritchey-legislation-bill-law.html
Views: 605   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 19, 2009 2:43pm
by Breeder
a
Annie
Email?
How do you make a link to your email on here? I'm stumped but computers are not my strong point...my head is! LOLOLOL
Views: 287   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 19, 2009 2:06pm
by Maria
t
Tari
Veterinarian speaks out on PETA & Westminister
From another email list: Veterinarian speaks out on PETA & Westminister Permission to crosspost: Only if you copy and past in a new e-mail and don't just forward~!!!!!! Thank you Libbye Miller DVM for stating: "Adorable mixed breeds" get...
Views: 594   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 19, 2009 9:17am
by Lab Owner
s
Sherry
Puppy Play Toys
I am fixing to move my litter of 11 four week old pups from the whelping box in my office to the puppy palace in the lower level of my house. I am looking for play toy ideas. The puppy palace is 12' x 15'. 10 x 12 is rubber mat, and there is 10 x 3 that is carpet/...
Views: 406   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 19, 2009 7:58am
by Sherry
t
Tracey
Wanting to learn
Hello Everyone, I was just wondering if some of you could help me out. I am looking to find a book or some type of reading material that could explan to me what things like, lay back in shoulder, turn of stiffel, Ect.....I hear this being said by other breeders an...
Views: 442   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 19, 2009 1:10am
by Ferris Bueller
Snips, Snails and Puppy Dog Tails
I have a boy here at a year, that has a nice thick base to his tail and a nice wrap, but there is an abrupt point where it gets thinner. There is 4-5 inches of that good thick part but then it is thinner as you go to the tip. There is an ever-so-slight feather afte...
Views: 341   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 19, 2009 12:27am
by Head, Coat and T...
When to Neuter articles?
I know this has been discussed many times but I cannot seem to locate info previously posted that lists where to obtain articles advising when to neuter, why wait, etc. Anyone? Thanks.
Views: 187   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 18, 2009 11:38pm
by Susan @ Weymouth
kennel cough
I have always thought that kennel cough was a bacteria that a dog caught from another infected dog, but my next door neighbors GSD dog who is tied out 24/7 and has had no contact with any other dogs just came down with it. Any Vets out there with any experience or kn...
Views: 424   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 18, 2009 8:32pm
by Leslie@Gorsebroo...
Oakland County MI shows
Any results? They aren't posted yet.
Views: 391   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 18, 2009 8:03pm
by ???
HSUS has "breeder turn-in program"
Our kennel club sent out a link to this article today. This blog is very interesting. http://endangeredowner.blogspot.com/2009/01/hsus-turn-in-breeder-program.html
Views: 525   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 18, 2009 7:16pm
by MW Breeder
Do you recommend Eukanuba?
Please help: do you recommend Eukanuba? I welcome and appreciate all replys.
Views: 455   Replies: 28
Last Post: Jan 18, 2009 6:33pm
by *
Views: 548   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 18, 2009 6:25pm
by Makes no differe...
l
Linda
Cleaning whelping box.
Do you have any suggestions on what kind of disinfectant to use on a painted plywood whelping box? I can't wash is outside do to the cold weather. T.Q.
Views: 387   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 18, 2009 6:06pm
by Linda @ Staghorn
n
Nikki
EPI
Does anyone have any experience with EPI, exocrine pancreatic insufficiency...I have a freind who's puppy was just diagnosed with this...
Views: 437   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 18, 2009 4:14pm
by LeiLani Stroud
p
Phil
You don't have a choice check this out
http://www.maniacworld.com/are-you-going-to-finish-strong.html God Bless us all, Phil
Views: 581   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 18, 2009 2:28pm
by Barb @ Red Birch
46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55
Free Forum powered by Bravenet