school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Happy christmas
Hi Guys I just want to wish each and everyone of you a happy christmas and I hope the new year brings you everything you are wishing for. Part of me wishes I had never had the need to look for a site like this, but then I would have never have found such caring and...
Views: 100   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 27, 2011 5:03pm
by Sarah
s
Sarah
Happy Stress-free Christmas
I would like to wish you all a very Happy Christmas, may all our problems be set aside for a short time, and have a stress-free and relaxing Christmas. You are all wonderful parents and deserve to have a good break. My very best wishes to you all and thank you for...
Views: 80   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 22, 2011 7:36pm
by Linda
l
lindy
Thank you!
Just to thank you all for your support since I joined this forum. Just wish I'd found you sooner! Still waiting for a one to one placement for my son....and as the new year is round the corner I'm wondering what it will bring. Reflecting on this past year I can see t...
Views: 95   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 22, 2011 12:10pm
by Sarah
l
Linda
Proud of those small steps
Just felt like sharing this moment as my son reaches the end of Primary School. He didn't want to go to the ceremony tonight nor the dinner afterwards because he was so anxious about it but I am so proud that he got there - shook hands with the principal - and has n...
Views: 132   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 21, 2011 7:15pm
by Linda
s
Sue H
Catching Up....
This forum was once a lifeline for me, a place where I knew I wasn't alone. I haven't been on here for quite a while for various reasons but the main one was I was scared to re-visit those days of despair. Today I have been please to see success stories and moving...
Views: 119   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 21, 2011 5:28pm
by dorothy
f
flash
up date
hi posted on here a while ago so thought i had best update. our DS after 3 months of school refusal and further diagnosis to add to the asperger syndrome including school phobia - we took the decision to opt out and are now Home Edding him. the change in him is unbel...
Views: 89   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 20, 2011 4:55pm
by flash
l
Linda
Orientation
Hi everyone Good news. Despite feeling very ill in the morning, my son got to orientation at the secondary school yesterday and came home and said 'it wasn't too bad'. He seemed in quite a good mood afterwards. I am just so glad his experience was a good one....
Views: 118   Replies: 16
Last Post: Dec 16, 2011 8:10pm
by Linda
l
Linda
Is this time of year more difficult?
I was wondering if this time of year was also difficult for others? I know it is also the end of our school year but I find the lead up to Christmas particularly difficult. Maybe it is the vibes he gets from everyone rushing around christmas shopping, the school ta...
Views: 145   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 12, 2011 7:39pm
by Linda
Amy
message FROM a school refuser
all the people here are parents...so i thought a child's perspective was needed. lots of people on here have talked about not understanding their kids very well so i thought maybe i could help. i am a teenage school refuser in the uk. i recently found this website an...
Views: 208   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 10, 2011 2:06am
by dorothy
Amy
Links
Found some links to stuff people might find interesting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=- http://www.fitz-claridge.com/node/20 Also can anyone tell me what CBT is and does it work???
Views: 122   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 9, 2011 11:05am
by Sarah
l
Linda
How do we encourage resilience
My son refused to go in yesterday and then tells me it was because he didn't want to do certain subjects as he hates the teachers. Then last night he started getting all worked up about today and said he didn't want to go. Turns out he is still worried the teacher...
Views: 151   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 7, 2011 2:33pm
by Sasha
s
Sarah
Tuesday 6th Decenber 9pm ITV 1
Has anyone else seen the ad for the programme next Tuesday ? I only caught the tail end of it and its called something like " my child doesn't fit it" i think. Its about children who don't fit in for various reasons such as autism or other reasons as their children...
Views: 143   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 6, 2011 10:24pm
by Sarah
Join YMCA Training today and receive up to £1,500!
YMCA Training is calling on young people throughout England to join its foundation learning programme to receive up to £1,500* in rewards, cash and benefits! The new foundation learning (FL) incentives have been designed to reward young people throughout their...
Views: 143   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 5, 2011 10:48am
by YMCA Training
off the bad parent hook
it now seems we have people who understand early trauma and anxiety I may be off the bad parent hook - it is acknowledged we need a lot of support - but not sure if the resources are there!
Views: 145   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 4, 2011 7:19pm
by Linda
s
Sarah
Well as many of you may know especially the ones of us who have been on here forever, my sons biggest anxiety was the phrophacy that the world will end in 2012 as predicted. We had our usual anxieties this morning about going to college but as M sat eating his break...
Views: 133   Replies: 9
Last Post: Dec 4, 2011 7:18pm
by Linda
what do i do now
hi what a day, i went to a meeting with educational psychologists this morning that went quite well i thought that maybe this could help and we would get some where now. j was supposed to be coming to the meeting but the ep decided that it was proberly best not to se...
Views: 144   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 2, 2011 6:47pm
by jennifer
its only bad parenting
apparently its my fault - SS report is awful about me - looks like there will be a hearing and maybe complusary measures the take on it is thats lack of boundaries and parenting is the cause SS say she is out of parental control and list all my faults - they have n...
Views: 225   Replies: 9
Last Post: Dec 1, 2011 6:55pm
by lindy
l
Linda
How much our children go through
Hi I just I wanted to share something I felt last night. We had the year 7 information night for students and parents. My son didn't want to go but with my ex coming along it helped. He was uptight during the whole thing but I was so proud of him. The hall was f...
Views: 108   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 1, 2011 6:48pm
by lindy
s
Simon
Jezebel, please get in touch
Dear Jezebel, Some of us are very concerned at your current situation, and would like to offer specific help. Could you please get in touch privately by email? Yours, Simon
Views: 152   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 29, 2011 8:08pm
by Linda
s
Sarah
It isn't school phobia
We have been told that my son doesn't have school phobia as he was originally diagnised with, but general anxiety disorder - but this was bought on by him going to senior school. He used to be popular, and a bit of a clown really, never in trouble and his school rep...
Views: 159   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 24, 2011 2:45am
by Linda
20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Free Forum powered by Bravenet