school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
m
Marti
new to site
Hi First time posting I have finally read all the posts on this excellent site. Have a daughter 17 with SR. We live in Southern Ireland so things a bit different here. She hasn't been in formal school in two years, and the day I accepted that she may never go back...
Views: 132   Replies: 8
Last Post: Nov 23, 2011 10:32pm
by dorothy
r
rachel
new need advice regarding 13 year old daughter
Hi i am new here and came across this site after hours and hours of surfing and research. I have had a problem with my daughter, who is 13, for as long as i can remember, she has never 'liked' school, i have always had a battle with getting her there ever since nurs...
Views: 421   Replies: 34
Last Post: Nov 22, 2011 8:17pm
by Sarah
h
Hillie
Awful week but fingers crossed for next week.
Well I ended up having a truly awful week with my 8 year old. The whole going to the GP, meeting with the class teacher and SENCO and doing the CAMHS referral was emotionally draining, not to mention the morning refusals (which admittedly were not as bad as they hav...
Views: 106   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 19, 2011 11:08pm
by Sarah
a
Allie
The morning I expected
D refused to go to school again today. She stayed in her room all day, mostly sleeping. Her room is in such a bad state, I'm amazed she can get in there. She's back to being sullen and disrespectful. And after running up a £300 mobile phone bill last month,...
Views: 130   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 19, 2011 8:50pm
by lindy
its looks like there may be a hearing
I cant believe it - the childrens reporter is extending the time to make a decision and going to have discussions with all involved before deciding whether to have a hearing I feel sick and so scared OF COURSE THE LETTER ARRIVES ON A SAT MORNING ADDRESSED TO MY DAU...
Views: 123   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 19, 2011 11:41am
by Linda
h
Hillie
A lay persons guide to CAMHS?
What are the tiers all about?
Views: 145   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 19, 2011 11:33am
by jezebel
s
Sarah
Well was i right or was i right !!
You may have read earlier that my son was wobbling about going to college for the day - he went, although if looks could kill i wouldn't be sitting here he had a fab day. Although he realised i was right he still couldn't really admit it to me, so i just had a smug...
Views: 108   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 19, 2011 12:15am
by Sarah
l
lindy
Parent Partnership??
Hi all, Just a wee quick question.....Is parent partnership only available in England? I'm in Northern Ireland and haven't come across it here. It seems a positive help to you in preparing for meetings etc. Heading on to work now and then a Camhs appointment in th...
Views: 114   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 18, 2011 7:59pm
by Linda
s
Sarah
Basic Advise
Hi all - i see we have quite a few ner members here, and my heart goes out to you all, because i understand been there dome that and wearing the T shirt. Looking at basic advise for you all: Contact GP and get a referal to CAMHS Contact Parent Partnership - they are...
Views: 102   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 18, 2011 3:08pm
by Sarah
a
Allie
I'm desperate...don't know where to turn.
I'm a single mum with a 15 year old daughter, and at the moment I feel like our life is falling apart, and I've no idea what to do about it. Having been through a tough divorce and losing my home, I decided a fresh start was needed and, after talking it over and bot...
Views: 179   Replies: 16
Last Post: Nov 18, 2011 2:09am
by Linda
help and advice
Hi guys Need a bit of help please, we seem to be going in a downward spiral and don't really know where to go, I phoned a private psychologist yesterday to see if she could help us and she said that unfortunately things don't look good for out children, it is just a...
Views: 192   Replies: 11
Last Post: Nov 17, 2011 10:52pm
by Sarah
l
Linda
The horse boy
Have any of you ever seen a film/documentary about an autistic boy called 'The Horse Boy'? It was on our tv here the other night - very moving even if you don't believe in the spiritual influence from their trip to Mongolia - the things they discovered about themse...
Views: 118   Replies: 8
Last Post: Nov 17, 2011 1:54pm
by Sarah
UPDATE - things getting better
since I last posted, the mess around us is getting less I will loose my joib - and am to have a meeting with HRM on thursday - but have decided to hand in my notice rather than be sacked - actually the stress of that gone is immense I feel so much better my applica...
Views: 132   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 16, 2011 10:17pm
by Linda
h
Hillie
New here :-(
Hi I'm new to the forum unfortunately. Had my daughter (8) at the GP this morning where he has confirmed what I thought - that she probably has SRS. School about to do a referral to CAMHS. So hi! Feeling I'll be on here quite a bit over the coming weeks/months/ h...
Views: 154   Replies: 9
Last Post: Nov 16, 2011 4:21pm
by Hillie
l
Linda
Feeling frustrated
Feeling rather frustrated at the moment. My son only went in one day last week (understandably with my uncle passing away things were topsy turvy) but then he refused yesterday saying he had a really sore shoulder. Took him to the doctor and seems he has pulled a mu...
Views: 106   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 15, 2011 2:56pm
by jennifer
a
Andrea
Meeting re. Co-ordinated Support Plan - also CBT
Hi Guys I've been writing a load of stuff on here recently about the legal situation in Scotland and hope I will have good news when the Scottish Government make their decision on my complaint against the education authority. Because we're still waiting for the CAM...
Views: 161   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 13, 2011 1:26pm
by Andrea
s
Simon
Waiting Lists
Jezebel's message re her child being on a waiting list prompts me to ask if anyone is aware of legal time limits to (or targets for) waiting lists for children in situations such as ours in the UK? Presumably these will be different for England & Wales and for Sco...
Views: 156   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 12, 2011 2:57pm
by jennifer
school refuser
hi everyone just reading through posts after and very stressful week or so. when i read the posts on here it is good to know that other people know how i feel and what i have to deal with, if only the teachers had to go through this for a few days maybe they would un...
Views: 147   Replies: 8
Last Post: Nov 12, 2011 2:43pm
by jennifer
s
Sophy
friends and family
Hi Everyone How does everyone deal with their friends and family? I have become so isolated as I am sick of the looks of horror from my friends when I start to tell them what is going on with my son so now I just avoid them. I am sure this is not healthy but I just...
Views: 116   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 9, 2011 8:08pm
by Linda
d
Diane
School refuser
Hi, I am just out of a school meeting, came home and went on here, desperately searching for answers. My daughter is 14 and has refused to go to school for the past year. She attends some classes but not very many. She is a bright and mature girl but sadly suffers...
Views: 146   Replies: 8
Last Post: Nov 8, 2011 8:13pm
by Linda
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Free Forum powered by Bravenet