Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
The genetics of ectopic ureters in Labrador Retrievers
UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine is investigating the genetics of ectopic ureters in Labs. They are collecting samples from cases and family members. (Affected dogs and parents and siblings of affected dogs) They need EDTA preserved blood from affected dogs a...
Views: 2098   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 19, 2016 7:55pm
by Anne Maynard
Reminder - TVD Research - blood samples from affected dogs and immediate relatives still needed!
Please participate if you have dogs so that we can hopefully discover the genetic basis of this disease and to develop genetic markers that could help eliminate the disease. http://www.offa.org/pdf/TVDOwnerConsentForm.pdf
Views: 826   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 15, 2015 12:51pm
by Charlotte K.
Penis sucking puppy
I have one pup in the litter that continually finds a penis of his litter mates to suck on. I have removed him, put him on Mom and shortly after find him back at it. How do I deter this behavior? Any help appreciated.
Views: 65535   Replies: 15
Last Post: Feb 12, 2018 7:50pm
by TL Wagener
metronidazole conflict question
For 15 years vets and breeders have used this drug to treat giardia or mystery loose stools in puppies. Many breeders buy the fishzole to have on hand. It came across a reproductive list I am on that it is not safe for nursing pups or young puppies due to adverse...
Views: 8356   Replies: 28
Last Post: Jan 29, 2018 2:12pm
by Terri schaeffer
7 day old puppy Off-White stool, Weak, faint breathing
I currently have a 7 day old Golden Retriever puppy who is producing an off-white liquidy/pasty stool and is very weak, lethargic, and is breathing quite faint. Earlier in the day he seemed fine. He was a bit more vocal than the other pups, he would whine and growl-m...
Views: 493   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 12, 2018 12:12am
by Ryan Smith
10 day old with white stool
I have a 10 day old pup that just had a white, pudding consistancy stool about 2 hours ago. I just stimulated her to see how it is now and the stool is a clear liquid. Vet called and said if she stays hydrated and active to bring her in in the AM. She also stated she...
Views: 2562   Replies: 24
Last Post: Jan 12, 2018 12:09am
by Ryan Smith
Iowa puppy mill
So we had a litter of pups on the ground and a 50ish year old man came by to look. He told us he was from Iowa and was here in our town being his wife was in the hospital. She was here being her doctor was in town for the month and she needed to keep up her treatment...
Views: 4017   Replies: 37
Last Post: Jan 7, 2018 7:04pm
by David Marques
What kinds of material should be used for protein structure analysis
What kinds of material should be used for protein structure analysis?
Views: 316   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 24, 2017 10:33pm
by Joanna Bowie
n
NUB2
Potomac Judges for 2018
Does anyone know who will be judging at Potomac 2018?:relaxed:
Views: 453   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 19, 2017 3:16pm
by NUB2
What kinds of chemical reaction can be catalyzed by D-lactate dehydrogenase?
What kinds of chemical reaction can be catalyzed by D-lactate dehydrogenase?
Views: 344   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 6, 2017 10:39pm
by Lisa Clara
t
Traci
Bare Bones classes
So I am getting ready to enter the LRCP Bare Bones and guess what? There is NO veterans class. We always showed our veterans at Bare Bones when it was in the Leesburg area and then at the Oatlands afterwards. How sad to have a specialty show with no veterans classes....
Views: 464   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 14, 2017 11:00am
by Traci
2018 Potomac Room
First let me thank anyone who might be able to help. If you know about a room available at the Host hotel, please let me know. We have a room "off-campus", but I've always stayed on-site and,to me, that's so much of the whole Potomac experience. Thanks!!!
Views: 440   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 13, 2017 2:19pm
by Sallie Wright
t
Tammy
pregnant PBGV mix with overbite
Hi, I'm helping a friend with a pregnant PBGV mix rescue with an overbite.(fairly severe!) My friend is concerned about this mom's ability to take care of cords during whelp or whether she should get involved tying them off. Anyone have experience with this? Thank...
Views: 529   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 23, 2017 1:23pm
by breeder
Copper Toxicosis and Hepatitis in Labrador Retrievers
At the end of January one of my bitches developed copper poisoning and hepatitis. Thankfully it appears that my bitch will live because we have actively pursued national expertise on treatment. She is currently undergoing chelation of the copper in her liver and...
Views: 15020   Replies: 163
Last Post: Feb 22, 2017 1:13pm
by les
Need a ride to PA from CA. Anyone going to Potomac have room.
This girl is very soft don't want her to fly. Also heard so many nightmares about flying dogs. You can contact me at uca7@juno.com. Thanks in advance.
Views: 417   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 19, 2017 2:00pm
by tech/breeder
Diabetic puppy 15 weeks
Friends pup not labrador.The Veterinarians are stumped. Owner noticed urinating and drinking a lot. Used to sleep through night woke her up 2 times in 2 nights. They started her on insulin as her blood sugars were 600 and 500. The pup acts completely normal otherwis...
Views: 345   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 19, 2017 1:59pm
by tech/breeder
l
Lynn
16 day pups throwing up formula
Two abandoned 16 day old pups. Been bottle feeding for 5 days (mom gone). They were doing fine until last night, they lost interest in bottle. Both have thrown up a little formula (a dime size quantity). One had a lot of brown "seedy" poop this morning. They are slee...
Views: 421   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 16, 2017 8:16am
by Lynn
l
Lynn
16 day pups throwing up formula
Two abandoned 16 day old pups. Been bottle feeding for 5 days (mom gone). They were doing fine until last night, they lost interest in bottle. Both have thrown up a little formula (a dime size quantity). One had a lot of brown "seedy" poop this morning. They are slee...
Views: 330   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 16, 2017 8:15am
by Lynn
what is the chemical formula for zinc phosphate
Zinc phosphate (Zn3(PO4)2) is an inorganic chemical compound used as a corrosion resistant coating on metal surfaces either as part of an electroplating process or applied as a primer pigment (see also red lead). It has largely displaced toxic materials based on lead...
Views: 378   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 16, 2017 2:58am
by Tylor Keller
Tasimelteon
Tasimelteon (trade name Hetlioz) is a drug approved by the FDA solely for the treatment of non-24-hour sleep–wake disorder (often designated as N24HSWD) in totally blind adults. It is a selective agonist for the melatonin receptors MT1 and MT2 in the suprachias...
Views: 327   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 14, 2017 2:53am
by ouinolou
Line Bred On?
I often hear a breeder talk about a breeding being line-bred on "so and so". I am thinking the dog has to appear a certain number of times in the pedigree? and only in so many generations back? Can someone clarify this for me? I have MBF software and just did a "Cry...
Views: 1921   Replies: 60
Last Post: Feb 8, 2017 12:23pm
by Collision9
d
Denise
Clear by parentage
How many generations is it acceptable to go with "clear by parentage" for? Should periodic testing be done every so many generations? Has there been any scientific research on this? If not, what are you all doing? Thank you.
Views: 540   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 7, 2017 2:03pm
by breeder
b
Beth
no prescriptions for Albon and some heartworm meds
Just found this site and it is in Missouri. The first place I have found in the US that sells suspension Albon without a prescription. http://www.agri-med.com
Views: 1629   Replies: 10
Last Post: Feb 6, 2017 3:10pm
by Cathy
Need a ride to PA from CA. Anyone going to Potomac have room.
This girlmism1 yr old and very soft. I don't think flying would be good for her. Also heard so many nighthings mares about shipping a dog. She needs a ride to her forever home. You can contact me at uca7@juno.com thanks
Views: 369   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 4, 2017 9:21pm
by Breeder/Vet tech
l
Linda
Worming
How many c.c. of Safe Guard Dewormer for Goats do you give to your dogs? Thank you
Views: 456   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 16, 2017 7:36pm
by Breeder
a
AHT
puppy skin crusties
I have some skin scabs on my puppies (some very big....) that I first noticed on my puppies at only 5 days old. They are only on their backs/necks, not on legs, bellies or faces. They look just like hot spots, ranging in size from a dime to covering their whole backs...
Views: 26358   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jan 9, 2017 7:35pm
by Amy
Ã
Éric
Who is judging The Potomac 2017?
Do we know the judges?
Views: 526   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 4, 2017 6:26pm
by Éric
t
Tina
Pup's skin scabby
Hi! I am a first timer owner of a dog and she gave birth on a 3 cute pups but the problem is after a week I've noticed that they all have skin scabby on their legs, belly, back, head and face. Can anyone help me to treat them and give the right way how to avoid it...
Views: 395   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 4, 2017 12:02pm
by Tina
Breaking down Amixicllin capsules for litter of puppies
Does anyone know how to prepare a dosage of 1/2 ml or 25mg of Amoxi using a 500 mg Amoxicillin Capsule ? This is for a 2 week old litter of puppies who have caught a cold. They are on amoxi drops now but the one bottle is not going to be enough. I'll order some mo...
Views: 9409   Replies: 33
Last Post: Dec 24, 2016 10:12pm
by John
Missing Premolars in Puppy
Got this email from a puppy buyer today.....I have never heard of this being a health issue and in 10+ years I have never had a vet comment on it. I know not having full dentition is frowned upon when showing but NEVER heard of it being a health issue. Any insight. I...
Views: 5285   Replies: 12
Last Post: Dec 19, 2016 8:56pm
by golden girl
Ectopic Ureter
Had a pup diagnosed with ectopic ureter. Vet says it is hereditary and neither parent should ever be bred again. Vet is not a breeder. Same bitch had a previous litter with a different stud dog with no issues. Do breeders consider this a reason to retire a breeding d...
Views: 2268   Replies: 13
Last Post: Dec 8, 2016 10:42am
by GILL paterson
Purchased a Yellow Lab from Gordon Sousa in 1993
Hi everyone! I had a yellow Lab, Bruce from 1993-2007 from a breeder named Gordon Sousa. Bruce's parents were Breezy's Vanderbilt and Saltwater's Hot Rescue Ranger and his grandfather (and apparently also his great-grandfather) was Sandylands Rip Van Winkle (aka Va...
Views: 3973   Replies: 49
Last Post: Dec 4, 2016 4:32pm
by Eileen Maher
swimmer puppies
I have been breeding for 15 years and now have my first litter of two puppies and both are very fat swimmers. I'm following advice posted on here in the past, but I have an additional question. I had planned to keep one of these puppies, and I am wondering if this is...
Views: 1114   Replies: 8
Last Post: Nov 7, 2016 12:27am
by apk
Baycox (toltrazuril) for coccidia in pups??
A golden breeder I know says a few golden breeders are using this for coccidia? I cannot find any info out there, wanted to see if anyone on the board heard this? This is what was emailed to me, though this was a conversation about cats?? She told me the dose or d...
Views: 62104   Replies: 29
Last Post: Nov 3, 2016 9:48am
by Lori
LRCPV Supported Show Sunday November 27
The Labrador Retriever club of the Pioneer Valley is supporting Labradors at the Springfield Kennel Club show, West Springfield, MA Date is Sunday, November 27 - entries close November 9 Regular Classes Judge: Manuel Queijeiro Sweepstakes: Beth Volle Hope t...
Views: 500   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 7, 2016 9:43am
by Annmarie
back in coat
How long after a bitch has puppies does she come in FULL coat?
Views: 577   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 6, 2016 8:40pm
by Here
Raising sisters
I've never kept 2 females from the same litter until last June. The sisters are 16 months old now. They squabble loudly all the time. Even though I've been breeding for more than 12 years, I cannot tell if it's all play or turning to real argumentation. They quit...
Views: 520   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 6, 2016 8:37pm
by Concerned
Puppy Heart Murmur
I have a puppy born with a grade two heart murmur. She was small at birth and was and is half the size of her siblings. She is 12 weeks old and very active and full of life. The Vet thinks she'll live a good life and wants me to take her to a cardiologist next w...
Views: 3577   Replies: 21
Last Post: Sep 20, 2016 6:54pm
by Jamie
d
debm
looking for black stud dog
Please help. I'm looking for a black stud dog that is dominant black that also has proven hunting ability. By proven hunting ability I'm looking for JH or higher. Thanks
Views: 537   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 9, 2016 7:42am
by debm
Health Clinic- Northern CT
The Labrador Retriever Club of the Pioneer Valley is holding it's annual Health Clinic on Sunday September 18 at Suffield Veterinary Hospital in Suffield, CT We are offering: Hips/Elbows/Eyes/Heart(Echo & Auscultation)/DNA/Thyroid/EIC/Optigen/CNM/HPNK/MicroChips...
Views: 416   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 2, 2016 11:16pm
by Annmarie
EIC Negative collapsing
Have you ever had this happen to you? If you can prove it, then I'll stop testing and will not consider this test reliable at all. If you get positive that do not collapse is ok, that's not what I'm asking.
Views: 2229   Replies: 33
Last Post: Sep 2, 2016 12:42pm
by Jazz
l
Linda
ACL
TPLO surgery verses TTA surgery. Dog is 10 years old, medium level of activety. Any suggestions on which surgery? Thanks so much.
Views: 661   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 1, 2016 2:29am
by Justme
prenatal care
I am thinking of breeding a somewhat older bitch in November and would like ideas on diet etc to get her in the best possible condition by then.
Views: 429   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 30, 2016 10:36am
by try this
s
Sharon
AKC Coupon
I just called and the coupon program is over.
Views: 421   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 23, 2016 11:53am
by Sharon
Older dog has jerking movements
I have a 14 year old who consistantly jerks like she's been shocked, this has been happening for the last year or so, she will even fall sometimes, anyone have any clue what this might be? I have had several vets look at her and no one seems to know what it is causi...
Views: 12769   Replies: 18
Last Post: Aug 20, 2016 12:03am
by denise
JSLRC ENTRIES CLOSE 8/17/16!
In addition to our upcoming back-to-back specialty shows on Friday, September 2nd & Saturday, September 3rd, we also have our supported entry on Thursday, September 1st with breeder judge Michael Wiest. Thursday, 9/1/16 Supported Entry Michael Wiest (Beechcroft...
Views: 358   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 16, 2016 10:58am
by Fran Pidgeon
Photoprotective effects of nicotinamide
In Australia, the lifetime risk of developing non-melanoma skin cancer such as basal cell carcinoma (BCC) or squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) is almost 70% for men and 60% for women. Actinic keratoses (AKs) are premalignant lesions which can progress to SCC. AKs affect...
Views: 373   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 9, 2016 3:11am
by ouinolou
diamine oxidase supplement
diamine oxidase supplement from porcine kidney is a homodimer consisting of 2 equal subunits with a molecular weight of 87 kDa each. Each subunit contains one molecule of pyridoxal phosphate and one atom of copper. The molecular mass of the enzyme is found to be 170...
Views: 437   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 9, 2016 3:07am
by ouinolou
a
AnnaH
North Star LRC of Minnesota - 1st Specialty Show
North Star LRC of Minnesota will hold their FIRST specialty show on Friday, September 16th followed by a two day supported entry. Judges: Friday: Cindy Skiba, Sweeps Nancy Chargo Saturday: Judy Chambers, Sweeps Carrie Eberhardt Sunday: Michael Woods, no Sweep...
Views: 400   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 4, 2016 9:04pm
by AnnaH
n
Tums with calcium at whelping
I have been told to give my girl Tums with calcium between puppies when she whelps.Has anyone ever done this, and how many are safe to give at one time?
Views: 32545   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jul 30, 2016 7:53pm
by AnnaH
b
BDR
4 still borns why?
One of my bitches delivered a dead pup outside, her temp was 99.6 this am, no drainage, no signs of nesting. She had a C-section scheduled for tomorrow. No other pups for an hour - we had seen 4 on ultrasound. Brought her into my vet for C-section, all the other p...
Views: 704   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 24, 2016 1:09pm
by AnnaH
Pregnant Bitch with swollen joints
Have a 3 year old maiden female lab that is about 35 days pregnant. Co-owner noted that she was getting a pretty big belly pretty fast and had some discharge. I mentioned to watch for any changes as temp was normal and there was no smell to discharge. Overnight sh...
Views: 521   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 14, 2016 4:05am
by puppypoppy
j
Judy
Sad day for a of us breeders
It is with regret that we must inform you of the Passing of a Wonderful Friend and Breeder Anne Trend of Trendy Labradors which occured on this day. I truly will miss her we shared many wonderful times together. Her passing is a great loss to the Labrador Community.
Views: 2722   Replies: 20
Last Post: Jun 24, 2016 9:26pm
by Linda
DNA profiles - parentage
Can anyone direct me to a link to a website that shows how to use DNA profiles to determine parentage?
Views: 660   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 15, 2016 4:58pm
by breeder
Room for LRCGB
Hi- I am looking for a room for the upcoming Greater Boston show this month. I did not book a hotel yet - stupid me again! The host is booked - where else is a good place to stay . I don't know the area and rates everywhere at this point are through the roof! Thanks.
Views: 375   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 2, 2016 11:05am
by Janice Baltrushu...
LRCPV Specialty - Friday results on website
I have posted the BREED results on our Specialty page. www.lrcpv.org
Views: 456   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 13, 2016 11:24pm
by Annmarie Wilson
r
rld
Uterine Cysts
I have a 6 year old girl who's had two previous litters. I bred her a year ago and had a miss. I thought the timing was dead on for that one. Yesterday, I had her in for a surgical implant with chilled semen. I haven't talked to the repo vet yet but the tech me...
Views: 565   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 10, 2016 8:49am
by rld
a
Anna H
Potomac photographer
Tried contacting the Potomac photographer via e-mail as listed in the catalog but received an error. Anyone know if they have a website or have another e-mail for them? Thanks!
Views: 594   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 28, 2016 2:42pm
by Lori
Mucous discharge.....with 2 weeks to go.
Has anyone else experienced this in their girl with two full weeks left to go in the pregnancy? The mucous discharge is clear, stringy, non-smelling, but has increased with frequency over the last week (giving me, #1 worrier, what I perceive....reason to worry). I fi...
Views: 454   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 27, 2016 12:59pm
by Linda@Staghorn
LRCPV May Specialty
Update on our Specialty - we have a last minute change to our Sweeps Judge for Friday. Irene Teppa has had to cancel. We have a fabulous replacement! Mr. Giorgio Paraporti of 'Labrador di Casa Paraporti' will be judging for us Friday. Mr Paraporti has been involved i...
Last Post: Apr 21, 2016 10:39pm
by Annmarie Wilson
Potomac
Has anyone heard who was BOB at Potomac?
Views: 630   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 17, 2016 7:32pm
by William
JSLRC May 31st Program--Learn the CGC Test Requirements
Save the date--Tuesday, May 31, 2016 JSLRC General Membership Meeting at 7:00 PM followed by an informational program on the AKC Canine Good Citizen test requirements. We will be serving complimentary pizza, so if you plan to attend, please RSVP to Eve Ragalia at w...
Views: 402   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 4, 2016 7:59am
by Fran Pidgeon
Joann Flathers from Ravencliff
Anyone know where Joann is now? She used to live in Alberta and I am trying to get in touch with her. Thanks
Views: 1005   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 2, 2016 1:06pm
by labby mom
Dutch KC och Dutch LRC ban breeding of silvers!
Very good news from the Netherlands. The Dutch KC and the two Dutch LRC's BAN breeding silver Labradors! https://notosilverlabs.wordpress.com/2016/03/30/dutch-kennel-club-bans-breeding-silver-labradors
Last Post: Apr 1, 2016 4:26pm
by Sweetrox
Chances of puppies??
Have a bitch that was progesterone timed - ovulation occurred and was bred via chilled semen. Semen looked wonderful when it arrived and no concerns during insemination. Day 27 palpated by long time breeder and deemed pregnant. Vet waiting on new U/S machine a...
Views: 628   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 29, 2016 2:13pm
by breeder
p
Penny
Dam co-owner refusing to sign
Has anyone had personal experience with AKC and dealing with a co-owner of a dam refusing to sign litter registration where there was no written contract?
Views: 731   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 26, 2016 3:06am
by interested for a...
DFWLRC Specialty
Entries close Wed for DFWLRC Specialty Cash Prizes in all classes Premium list of club website Stop on your way to Potomac!
Views: 468   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 20, 2016 9:31am
by Kendall Herr
Mid-Jersey Spring Match
MID-JERSEY LABRADOR RETRIEVER CLUB, INC. SPECIALTY CONFORMATION MATCH With Obedience/Rally for All Breeds (Limited Obedience Entry) Horseshoe Bend Park 140 Horseshoe Bend Road Frenchtown, NJ 08825 Saturday, April 2, 2016 INDOORS INDOORS INDOORS INDOORS...
Views: 573   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 19, 2016 7:05pm
by sarita gellman
River City Labrador Enthusiasts Specialty May 14/15 2016
Hello All, The River City Labrador Enthusiasts are having back to back Outdoor Specialty Shows in Winnipeg, Manitoba on May 14,15, 2016! Our Esteemed Judges Saturday May 14 - Linda Bednarski - Tullemore Labador Retrievers Sunday May 15 - Valerie Secardin-...
Views: 415   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 15, 2016 9:40pm
by Michelle Delalia...
Looking for a room at the Holiday Inn for Potomac
Hi, I am hoping to make it to the Potomac this year. Does anyone have an extra room at the Host hotel? You can call me , email me , IM me ....... Lol! 508-776-0088. Jbalt@comcast.net Thanks
Views: 491   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 13, 2016 11:44am
by Janice Baltrushu...
e
Elaine
Female with half a uterus
Hi, has anyone ever heard of a female with half a uterus? Is it genetic? Actually it's there and just flattened and the Vet thinks it's a birth defect. The Vet also said with her previous C-section that's there is no way that the Vet before wouldn't have seen this....
Views: 476   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 12, 2016 8:24am
by Elaine
2016 Crufts results
http://crufts.fossedata.co.uk/Breed.asp?ShowYear=2016&GroupID=GUN&ScheduleID=72
Views: 486   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 11, 2016 6:32pm
by Anki in Sweden
March 13th, 2016 JSLRC Back-to-Back Specialty Match Shows
JERSEY SKYLANDS LABRADOR RETRIEVER CLUB, INC. AKC Sanctioned B BACK-TO-BACK SPECIALTY MATCH SHOWS for Labrador Retrievers DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME REMINDER: Don't forget to change your clocks if you are coming to the JSLRC specialty match shows on March 13th. Brin...
Views: 533   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 11, 2016 4:50am
by Fran Pidgeon
Bad check/stolen puppy
I am putting out this alert on a woman by the name of Rosemary C. McBath-Toigo. From the PA/MD area. She bought a puppy from Lee and Barb Adkins of Noreasterlabradors.com Gave a bad check and after repeated calls has not made it good and has the puppy with pape...
Views: 1916   Replies: 12
Last Post: Mar 8, 2016 10:08am
by steven
Excited peeing
I have one line which we are in the 4th generation with. For each litter, there are always one or two which excited piddle - especially when out in public such as with taking the CGC, being petted at a store, etc. They always seem to outgrow it by a year old. The...
Views: 439   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 7, 2016 10:09am
by linda
Potomac Catalog
Hey Everyone If you want to get an ad in this years LRCP Catalog - we have a few extra days!!! Get your ad in don't miss out on being included in the years best catalog!!! You can contact me or Travis Scarlet at Trscarlett1990@gmail.com Advertise your club's upco...
Views: 469   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 2, 2016 6:11pm
by Lisa Weiss
LOW COPPER DOG FOODS: Flint River Ranch bites the dust
Sadly, FRRR went out of business Monday so I am again on the search for a good low-copper dog food. Any ideas? Kate
Views: 566   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 29, 2016 6:49pm
by Kate Fulkerson
t
Travis
41st Potomac Specialty Catalog Ads - **REDUCED RATE** - PayPal Link Available
The LRCP will once again be offering reduced ad pricing in the catalog sold at the Specialty for ads reserved before December 31st. The “Sweet 16” pricing for ad sizes is listed below: Full Page Ad (with photo & free catalog) ……R...
Views: 557   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 28, 2016 12:26pm
by Travis
DFWLRC Spring Specialty
DFWLRC Spring Specialty April 8-9 The Inn At WinStar,showgrounds at hotel CASH PRIZES in all classes $250 Best of Breed $100 Winners Dog and Bitch see premium for other classes Hospitality Thursday evening at The Inn Judges Betty Graham,Faith Hyndman,Manuel Q...
Views: 444   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 21, 2016 11:38am
by Kendall
Potomac 2016 Premium list
the 2016 Premium list and info is up on the lrcp.com webiste and also on infodog: you will note there is no pre-order for catalogs. Catalogs will be sold at the show one hour prior to judging, catalogs are $20.00
Views: 448   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 19, 2016 7:36pm
by Anne Maynard
Dog Food
Do you like Origen (don't know if I'm spelling this correctly) I would like to try something other than the Pro Plan that they girls are on. I like the idea of Grain Free. I plan on breeding one of the girls in July/Aug and wondered about something healthier for h...
Views: 1490   Replies: 29
Last Post: Feb 11, 2016 11:43am
by rwc
s
Sally
Puppy Strangles
I have my first experience with puppy strangles in 25 years. 7 puppies total. 2 puppies affected - 1 at 4 weeks and 1 at 8 weeks. Both are being treated with pred, antibiotics, ointment for eyes and ears. Looks like we got it early enough and there will not be any sc...
Views: 2428   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 10, 2016 1:01pm
by Careful
"Seedy yellow puppy poop"
My 10 day old litter has yellow, "seedy" diarrhea for the past 3-4 days. Otherwise, they are doing well but are gaining slower than I would like to see although they have all nearly doubled their birth weights.Gains vary and some days one or 2 of them have very sligh...
Views: 56691   Replies: 17
Last Post: Jan 30, 2016 3:13pm
by Melanie
Parade Of Specialty Winners
Congratulations to the following dogs winning a specialty during 2015! These dog are invited to participate in the Parade Of Specialty Winners on Tuesday April 12th, during the Top 20 gala celebration. If your dog is among this list and you would like to participate...
Views: 619   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 30, 2016 12:02pm
by Heidi Kellerman
JSLRC All Breed Canine Health Clinic, 2/7/16
Jersey Skylands Labrador Retriever Club, Inc. Sponsored ALL BREED CANINE HEALTH CLINIC SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2016 9:00 AM TO 2:00 PM BLAIRSTOWN ANIMAL HOSPITAL 29 CEDAR LAKE RD. BLAIRSTOWN, NJ 07825-9641 Please click the links to the JSLRC Facebook page...
Views: 1737   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 28, 2016 12:09pm
by Fran Pidgeon
Mysterious Vomiting - Please Read
Please read, forward, and send this to anyone who might be able to help. My name is Linda Ruckle and we live in Denver, Colorado. I have a family of four English Black Labradors. We attended our Rocky Mountain Cluster Dog Shows almost one year ago (February 12th - 1...
Views: 828   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 27, 2016 1:39am
by justme
CANCELLED: JSLRC 1/26/16 Meetings & Program
CANCELLATION NOTICE: The JSLRC Board meeting, General meeting, and informational program scheduled for Tuesday, January 26, 2016 have been cancelled due to the condition of the roads in Boonton, NJ.
Views: 375   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 26, 2016 11:50am
by Fran Pidgeon
JSLRC Invites You
Please join us on January 26, 2016 at 8:00 p.m. for an informative program on: "Canine Good Citizen Test" (how to train and prepare your dog for certification) Presented by: Fran Pidgeon-Member/JSLRC. Info here: http://www.jslrc.com/files/110374161.pdf W...
Views: 551   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 26, 2016 11:48am
by Fran Pidgeon
Frozen litters
Was wondering about what method used and how many pups did you get. TCI or surgical insertion? We are talking a out surgical followed by TCI. Thanks in advance.
Views: 992   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 21, 2016 9:21am
by Gail R
10 year old with nosebleeds
Sonny, a 10 year old Golden started with nosebleeds over the weekend. Blood work and x-rays are all normal. He has an appointment with and Internist and a CT on Tuesday. Has anyone ever heard of this? Any thoughts or ideas? What do we do until Tuesday?
Views: 528   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 19, 2016 10:50pm
by Hallie
Crates
Dog crates come in different sizes and we buy the size that fits the dog. What I am confused about is the numbering system. A 300 size vs a 400 size for example. Is there a standard measurement for these ratings? I have googled this and there is a variance. Where...
Views: 3857   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jan 8, 2016 11:19am
by jill
Older Lab wanted
An older woman in Chatham, NY is looking for an Lab companion. If you know of anyone wishing to place an older Lab please let me know. Thanks.
Views: 574   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 4, 2016 8:48pm
by Barbara Roosevel...
Breeding BYC to YC
Would you breed a bitch carrying yellow to a Byc stud dog? Odds of a dudley not that high but would you be ok with that? Why or why not?
Views: 946   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 1, 2016 11:56pm
by elaine
Pigment in yellow babies?
Haven't had many yellow pups. When do they usually get their pigment after birth??? Merry Christmas
Views: 601   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 28, 2015 8:21pm
by 3Colors
LRCPV Breed and Obedience Match
Sunday, January 3rd 2016 the LRCPV will have a Labrador Breed Match and All Breed Obedience Match at Tails U Win in Manchester, CT. More information is available on our website www.lrcpv.org Upcoming Events page. Hope to see you there.
Views: 405   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 18, 2015 11:25pm
by Annmarie Wilson
h
Help
Teaching back up for Rally
I'm trying to teach a pup 'back up' for Rally. He has such a solid sit that he wants to sit no matter what I do. I put the leash under his belly but then he just slides his back feet as we back. I've several dogs to 'back up' but never had one so difficult.
Views: 551   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 13, 2015 1:27pm
by Laura
Hip Replacement
I was wondering if anyone knows the severity of this diagnosis 50 to 70 pct outside of socket. A friend of mine who has a seven year old Lab was recently told by orthopedic specialists that his dog needs hip replacement. Surgery is a last resort. Any recommendations...
Views: 517   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 9, 2015 1:43pm
by 50 to 70 pct ous...
Kennel Cough
I brought some puppies I am training in to the vet for rabies vaccinations. A few days later 4 of 5 came down with kennel cough. We put them on amoxicillin per vet recommendation. They are almost over it now. None of the other dogs vaccinated for Bordetella got i...
Views: 2292   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 2, 2015 9:45pm
by Wondering
EIC and color
Just wondering if there is a lab that can test both EIC and color? I am wanting to check if my girl is BB or BY. TIA
Views: 635   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 2, 2015 6:43pm
by DDC too
Broken contract
I made the mistake of selling an older male, 18 months old, to a hunt person on a co-own. They have broken the contract (A) Attempting to use him for breeding before the age of two. (B) She & I were supposed to agree on the said bitch he was going to be bred to....
Views: 825   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 30, 2015 6:27am
by Elaine
Col. Jerry H. Weiss USMC (Ret.)
Col. Jerry H. Weiss USMC (Ret.)(Lobuff))is judging for the last time on Sunday, November 22nd, at the Upper Marlboro KC, Inc. all-breed show, Howard County Fairgrounds, West Friendship, MD 21794...and he will be doing Labradors that last day along with many other bre...
Views: 1021   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 24, 2015 2:33pm
by Janis
r
Ruth
Benner's Best Friend Fence
Just wondering if anyone has first hand experience using this fencing product: http://www.bestfriendfence.com Thanks, Ruth
Views: 481   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 12, 2015 10:14pm
by Ruth
DFWLRC Entries Close Wednesday!
DFWLRC entries close this Wednesday, October 28th. Please join us at the iconic Southfork Ranch on November 14 & 15. For entry information go to: http://www.bleakneyshowservices.com/id2.htm
Views: 386   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 26, 2015 5:29pm
by Dallas Ft. Worth...
DFWLRC Judge Change
The Dallas Ft. Worth LRC would like to announce a judge change for Saturday, November 14th. Dr. Guillermo Carillo (Tequilabs) will now be doing all regular classes and the 4 to 6 month puppy class. Please join us for our show. Entries close Wed, October 28th....
Views: 491   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 20, 2015 10:00pm
by Dallas Ft. Worth...
k
Kevin
Sore and Tired Lab - Aspirin / Ibuprofen.
I have a question about my Lab who is VERY sore due to lack of exercise. We went on a 3 1/2 mile walk today and she is extremely sore. I not in the business of playing Doctor, but I would like to help her with some Aspirin / Ibuprofen. I use to give my other labs med...
Views: 697   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 19, 2015 11:44pm
by Dr.J. Coates
Stud dog on antibiotics
Do antibiotics affect semen? I have a feeling my boy has a bacterial ear infection and he is going to our vet this week. She is not a repro, so I am not sure if she will be thinking in 'breeding terms' when issuing meds. Will being on antibiotics affect his sperm qua...
Views: 8017   Replies: 16
Last Post: Oct 12, 2015 3:10pm
by elizabeth bowron
PRLRC - Seminar on Labrador Skin Issues by Dr. Tiffany Tapp - 11/7/15
The PAWCATUCK RIVER LABRADOR RETRIEVER CLUB is offering a SEMINAR ON LABRADOR SKIN ISSUES BY VETERINARIAN DERMATOLOGIST DR. TIFFANY TAPP. Date: Saturday, November 7, 2015, Time: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Seminar Fee: $35 Location: North Stonington Agricultural Gran...
Views: 477   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 7, 2015 2:37pm
by Lori Riley
American Bulldog's
Hi I purchased an American Bulldog from Shake A Paw in long Island NY and you are on the paperwork as the breeder. It's a great dog and I'm very happy with her. Is it possible to get picture's of her parents? They are listed as Kane and Tara. Thank you for your...
Views: 509   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 28, 2015 7:31pm
by Ed Perry
Labrador Retriever Specialty
CLOSING TONIGHT!!!!! ENTRIES CLOSE IN LESS THAN SIX HOURS FOR THE ISLAND & PACIFIC LABRADOR RETRIEVER CLUB SPECIALTY SHOW & SWEEPSTAKES!!!!! HAVE YOU GOT YOUR ENTRIES IN????? NO FEE ELECTRONIC ENTRY https://online.bcdogshowservicesltd.ca/dogshow ENTRIES...
Views: 401   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 23, 2015 9:17pm
by Island & Pacific...
JSLRC Invites You
To join us on September 29, 2015 at 8:00 p.m. for an informative program on: Cold Laser Therapy and PEMF - Pulsed Electro Magnetic Frequency Presented by: Dr. John Winn - Chiropractor/Canine Certified We will be serving pizza so if you plan to attend please...
Views: 391   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 23, 2015 6:51pm
by Patty Snow
s
Sarita
UPCOMING ALL-BREED HEALTH CLINIC - RED BANK, NJ
ALL BREED HEALTH CLINIC Sponsored by the MID-JERSEY LABRADOR RETRIEVER CLUB, INC. NOVEMBER 8, 2015 -- 8:00 AM TO 1:00 PM Red Bank Veterinary Hospital Physical Rehabilitation Center 210 Newman Springs Road,,Red Bank, NJ 07701 EYES: Michael J. Ringle, DVM, Diplo...
Views: 377   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 22, 2015 11:48am
by Sarita
Guarantee?
What can I do when a breeder doesn't hold up her guarantee? I stumbled upon this site by accident through a search engine. I need some help here, please. I have owned/loved/spoiled 6 labs over 40+yrs. I train them for therapy dogs. My heart broke about 2 yrs. ago...
Views: 886   Replies: 8
Last Post: Sep 21, 2015 8:01pm
by Well
Island and Pacific Labrador Retriever Club Specialty Show & Sweepstakes Friday, October 9, 2015 in conjunction with the Fraser Valley Dog Fanciers Show in Cloverdale, BC. There are 4 other sets of points on the same weekend!!! We are honored to have Mr Jean-L...
Views: 396   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 21, 2015 12:03am
by Island & Pacific...
Judging Program - Labrador Retriever Club of Greater Denver
The judging program for the Labrador Retriever Club of Greater Denver upcoming Specialties is up on the website: http://www.lrcgd.com/2015judgpr.pdf We have an excellent entry - so we're having to start a little earlier this year! Hope to see a lot of you there!
Views: 434   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 18, 2015 6:04pm
by Greg Lynch
PRLRC WC/WCI/WCX/Pee-Wee/Novice Retriever 10-18-15
Pawcatuck River Labrador Retriever Club 2015 WC ·WCI · WCX PeeWee/Novice Retriever Sunday, October 18, 2015 Where: Fin Fur and Feather Club, 21...
Views: 529   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 14, 2015 9:30pm
by Lori Riley
r
rld
Diskospondylitis
I have an 18 month old male that was just diagnosed with Diskospondylitis, an infection in a vertebra at the base of his spine. There is some degradation of the vertebra seen on CAT scan. He's a big strappin, 90lb, otherwise healthy guy, minimally symptomatic. Ju...
Views: 685   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 9, 2015 9:47pm
by Patty Snow
IMPORTANT UPDATE!!! Island & Pacific Labrador Retriever Club PREMIUM IS OUT!!! GET YOUR ENTRIES IN!!! CLOSING DATE IS MIDNIGHT WEDNESDAY September 23, 2015 BC Dog Show Services is where to look and enter!!! www.bcdogshowservicesltd.ca Island and Pacific...
Views: 404   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 9, 2015 2:55am
by Island & Pacific...
i
ILRC
Iroquois Labrador Retriever Club Specialties close Wednesday September 9th at noon!
The ILRC invites you to our 2015 back-to-back Specialty Shows! In conjunction with the Wine Country Circuit, Sampson State Park, Romulus, NY Rosettes, Trophies, Prizes and Raffle!!! Saturday, September 26, 2015 Elizabeth Bowron (Fortune) – All regular...
Views: 444   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 8, 2015 9:15pm
by ILRC
Health Clinic Sunday, Sept. 13 - Openings still available
Hi all, Just to let you know we have some openings in our Health Clinic in all tests. You can check our website Events page for more information. If you are interested, contact Jan Lemire ASAP at welldogclinic@gmail.com
Views: 392   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 7, 2015 1:28pm
by Annmarie
m
MikeM
Huron River LRC Specialty Closes Wed Sept 9th
Last minute reminder All 3 shows at the same site. All 3 shows can be entered on InfoDog website Closing this Wed. HRLRC Friday Sept 25th Jackie Mischou Heidi Herman-Sweeps Monroe KC Sat Sept 26th Gail Shearer Connie Jacko - Sweeps Monroe KC Sun...
Views: 420   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 6, 2015 7:41pm
by MikeM
IMPORTANT! Island and Pacific Labrador Retriever Club Specialty Show & Sweepstakes Information! We ARE having our Specialty on Friday, October 9, 2015 along with the Fraser Valley Dog Fanciers Show in Cloverdale,BC Canada We are honored to have Mr Jean-Louis B...
Views: 385   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 5, 2015 3:05am
by Island & Pacific...
Greater Atlanta LRC Specialty Show
The prem list for our upcoming Greater Atlanta 20th Anniversary specialty show is now posted on our club facebook page, on infodog and on our club website. Dates of our shows-Nov. 14 and 15. We are not mailing any prem lists this yr. We are returning to the fabulous...
Views: 405   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 4, 2015 7:23pm
by Julia Kuni
LRCGD Specialty - Sept 26-27, 2015 Littleton, CO - Closing Date for Entries Sept 9, 2015 8pm MDT
Labrador Retriever Club of Greater Denver's Specialty Show - Entries Close Wednesday, September 9. 2015 THERE ARE NO ON-LINE ENTRIES FOR THIS SHOW. ENTRIES CLOSE WEDNESDAY, 8:00 P.M (MDT) September 9, 2015 at the show secretary’s house. After which time...
Views: 2224   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 3, 2015 4:13pm
by Marie Zimmerman,...
How much copper is in your dog food?
I thought it would be helpful if everyone who has researched the amount of copper in their commercial dog food would post it here. If the dog food that you're listing is not dry, please indicate this too. Natures Logic Beef 9mg/kg. All of the other Natures Logi...
Views: 425   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 2, 2015 7:11pm
by Copper Levels
l
Linda
How tall?
At what age do male Labradors stop growing tall? I know a lot depends on the parents, but on average? Thank you
Views: 558   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 1, 2015 8:02pm
by just me
SHOW SECRETARY CHANGE! SHOW SECRETARY FOR THE IPLRC SPECIALTY IS NOW BC Dog Show Services www.bcdogshowservicesltd.ca Premium List will be out soon. Labrador Retriever Specialty The Island & Pacific Labrador Retriever Club Specialty Show & Sweepstakes w...
Views: 502   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 28, 2015 11:44pm
by Island & Pacific...
Bowel Issues in Senior Male
12-year-old black male, retired service dog. Diagnoses: canine uveodermatologic syndrome (quite rare in Labs), arthritis, cataracts in right eye, hypothyroidism Medications and Supplements: prednisolone (for eyes), Previcox, generic Levothyroxine, Dasuquin, MSM...
Views: 477   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 27, 2015 6:50pm
by breeder
Canine Influenza H3N2
As rumors about canine flu swirls around the SE, I am wondering what others are doing or planning to do about their dogs, especially regarding vaccinating, showing, boarding, attempts at isolation, and daycare. Last week as flu was confirmed by testing in NC, I...
Views: 468   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 24, 2015 4:51pm
by Kate Fulkerson, ...
Copper in dog food
Interesting; see the article. http://truthaboutpetfood.com/duplicate-minerals-in-pet-food/ Guess what form is so much cheaper?
Views: 417   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 23, 2015 2:47pm
by Charlotte K.
Labrador Retriever Club of Canada National Speciality
LABRADOR RETRIEVER CLUB OF CANADA NATIONAL SPECIALITY RESULTS AUGUST 15, 2015 WINNIPEG MB CANADA. Best Of Breed GCh Eagertrieve Blackjack Labrador Retriever Best Of Opposite Sex Ch Blissfield's Zolla At Duck Creek Best Of Winners Masonridge's Rumour Has It Be...
Views: 592   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 18, 2015 1:41pm
by Susan Trigg
***Pawcatuck River LRC shows close Sept. 2nd***
Just a reminder... Pawcatuck River LRC shows are 9/17 & 9/18. Judges are: Thursday - Pierrette McLean (Castlegar): Dogs & Intersex Barbara Gilchrist (Blackthorn): Bitches & 4-6 mo. beginner puppy Charlotte Ryan (Gaff): Sweepstakes Lynda Moore: Obed./Ra...
Views: 380   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 17, 2015 2:09pm
by Lori Riley
JSLRC Specialty Shows ~ Closing Date is Wednesday, August 12th!
Reminder: The closing date for JSLRC's back-to-back specialty shows and supported entry is Wednesday, August 12, 2015. Superintendent is MB-F. We hope to see you at the shows! Thursday, 8/27/15 JSLRC Supported Entry with Kennel Club of Northern NJ Judge: Marj...
Views: 384   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 10, 2015 4:44am
by Fran Pidgeon
Epilepsy News
Just leaving the AKC CHF canine health conference. MCTs, medium chain triglycerides such as coconut oil, when processed a special way, help diminish seizures in dogs with idiopathic epilepsy. Purina's Bright Minds food was tested and found to to achieve this after ne...
Views: 570   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 9, 2015 4:20pm
by Charlotte K.
LRCP 2016
Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone knows about Potomac for 2016, and if the venue will remain the same? Of course, being the highlight of my year, this information is really important to me for long range planning. Any insight would be greatly appreciated...
Views: 588   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 5, 2015 8:37am
by Travis
Labrador Retriever Club of Greater Denver Premium
The Premium for the upcoming Labrador Retriever Club of Greater Denver Specialty is up on the Club website. It has also been distributed electronically to everyone on the Specialty mailing list. This is our 30th Anniversary show, and 15th Brown Bag show - oh my, has...
Views: 436   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 4, 2015 11:45pm
by Greg Lynch
Results Eastern Ontario Labrador Breeders Association Specialty Show July 25 2015
Best of Breed Ch. Nyroca Castlegar Remember MII 05/13/2012 Breeder Angela Guyton Tyrell By Ch Sunset Lubberline Spinnaker ex Nyroca’s What a Witch Owner: Pierry and Stan Mclean Best of Opposite Sex GCh Oaksill Crimson N Clover 10/23/2009 Breeder: LeeAn...
Views: 745   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 26, 2015 7:40am
by Dawn van Nostran...
Handler etiquette
We've had lots of fun and success with obedience and Rally competition, but not so much with conformation. Our one year old is finally changing that by earning points with a handler. My question is am I supposed to tip a handler when they win and earn points with...
Views: 816   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 21, 2015 2:38pm
by ke
m
Maria
Stage 3 Renal Diet
My 10 year old active Lab has been diagnosed w/ kidney insufficiency/kidney disease. BUN and creatinine are elevated, phosphorous is normal. Yesterday's ultrasound on his kidneys was clear. The DVM told me to put him on an Rx Renal Diet. My choices appear to be Pu...
Views: 439   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 21, 2015 12:43pm
by Kate Fulkerson, ...
1 week old crying
A one week old puppy out of a litter of 2 started lots of crying last night. His belly is firm, he nurses OK (lets go and restarts quite a bit), he's pooping with mom's help and peeing. She has plenty of milk. The puppy's main issue is he cruses the whelping box j...
Views: 603   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 8, 2015 9:21pm
by Need Advice
n
Blowing In The Wind
My Black Girl just started to blow her coat at 18 months. How do you speed up the blowing of coat. I realize all labs blow and regrow coat differently. What is the average of both please. Thank YOU
Views: 532   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 8, 2015 7:25am
by AnnaH
k
Kathy
Best insurance for breeders?
Hi All, We just found out that our current homeowners insurance policy isn't going to include the breeding part of our lives. So, we're shopping around. What company/type of insurance do you use? We are very small...I currently have 4 dogs and breed one litter...
Views: 529   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 4, 2015 11:07am
by MWK
pyometra
My trainer texted me to say my pup is in season. So I asked if he wanted her to stay home till done.He said no just no water work...I know pyometra is caused from a bacteria just never associated it with swimming?!
Views: 461   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 2, 2015 4:45pm
by MWK
July Spotlight Ads
Happy July everyone!! Just wanted to let you know that the July Spotlight Ads are up! If anyone would like a Spotlight Ad for Aug, please get it to me the first 1/2 of this month. I will not be doing any work after the 20th. Enjoy.... Jill
Views: 424   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 1, 2015 9:45am
by Jill DiGesare
How are the c-section mom & pups doing?
Would love an update when you have a chance to let us know. I sincerely hope they are the picture of familial bliss!
Views: 441   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 30, 2015 10:18pm
by Here
a
AnnaH
Reminder: WLRC specialty closes May 27th
Entries close May 27th - no on line entry available so mail today! The Winnebago LRC Specialty Show and Obedience Trial premium is now available on the club website: www.winnebagolrc.com Date: Saturday, June 13, 2015 Sweeps: John Moneghan Dog & Intersex: M...
Views: 479   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 28, 2015 9:31pm
by Can't find them
h
Here
Mom not bonding to pups after c-section
I haven't had a litter in 2 years and have rarely had a C-section. We had a C-section earlier today. The mom lets pups nurse, but ignores them. I'm doing the potty work about every 2 hours. She wants to get out of the pen, loves to wander around the yard and doesn...
Views: 475   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 28, 2015 4:44pm
by MikeM
t
Tired
Food and stool consistency
Looking for a food that gives great stool consistency. I have a senior citizen that poops in the house and cleaning up mushy stools is no fun!
Views: 548   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 27, 2015 11:32am
by breeder
s
Sarah
Gordy
Can anyone tell me what Gordy's EIC results are? TIA
Views: 857   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 18, 2015 7:20pm
by Sarah
The Island & Pacific Labrador Retriever Club Specialty Show & Sweepstakes will be held on Friday, October 9, 2015. Specialty Classes & Non-Regular Classes Jean-Louis Blais Chablais Labrador Retrievers Saint-Gilles, Quebec City, Canada. Chablais Labradors ww...
Views: 442   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 14, 2015 10:54pm
by Island & Pacific...
LABRADOR CLUB OF GREATER BOSTON - LOBSTER DINNER/CHICKEN DINNER RESERVATIONS - FINAL CALL
For those of you going to the LRCGB Specialty June 11-June 12 who are on the fence about Thursday's LOBSTAH dinner, the final dinner bell is being rung!! Reservations for the FAMOUS LOBSTAH dinner close at midnite on JUNE 8th!! Last minute reservations can b...
Views: 411   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 6, 2015 12:01pm
by Susan ~ Fenwyck ...
i
IB
Overbites
Input wanted on dealing with overbite puppies (parrot mouth). What do you (and your vet)recommend to your pet people and do you discount the puppy? I have only had a couple over the years, but my advice has always been:Bring the pup back to my clinic to remove decidu...
Views: 573   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 6, 2015 9:55am
by IB
Young Female leaking urine
One of my pet owners has contacted me about her girl. Quick history, the dog ingested pillow stuffing and ended up with two surgeries at Tufts, the first was not aggressive enough and ended up back there with part of her intestine now necrotic. Surgery was completed...
Views: 519   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 4, 2015 9:47pm
by AnnaH
GREATER ATLANTA LABRADOR RETRIEVER CLUB 20TH ANNIVERSARY BACK TO BACK SPECIALTY SHOWS
Come and join us to celebrate our 20th anniversary with some Southern Hospitality, great Raffle, and beautiful location. JUDGES: Saturday, November 14, 2015 Tom Shearer (Bonaventure) Dogs and intersex Margaret Brown (Ramsayville) Bitches and all non-regula...
Views: 535   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 4, 2015 8:47am
by Laura van Dalen
l
Linda
Need advice on feeding a very sick dog.
My foundation bitch was diagnosed with Bone Marrow Cancer (myeloma). As you can imagine it's so hard watching her decline. Now she is hardly eating. If you have any suggestions as to what I can feed her it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you-
Views: 530   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 2, 2015 8:50pm
by Kate Fulkerson, ...
June Spotlight Dogs Are Up
June Spotlight Dogs Are Up
Views: 409   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 1, 2015 9:11am
by Jill DiGesare
k
Keith
Thoughts on Trifexis?
I recently started using Trifexis for heart worm preventative as well as flea and tick preventative. My vet recommended it, and after a little research I decided to try it. I'm curious to see what other breeders and pet owners thoughts are? I would appreciate any fee...
Views: 683   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 28, 2015 7:09pm
by breeder
The Canine Ovulation Test Pads
Anyone try these yet? http://www.ovulationpads.info/ The Canine Ovulation Test Pads are... * Cost effective. * Easy to read and use with instant results at home. * There is no need for complicated electrical testing. * No need to take your bitch to the vets f...
Views: 604   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 26, 2015 7:55am
by Laura D
JSLRC Invites You
To join us on May 26, 2015 at 8:00 p.m. for an informative program on: Neonatal Care. Presented by: Dr. Dale Mantell of Doylestown Animal Medical Clinic http://www.damcvets.com/html/staff_details.php?Dale-D.-Mantell-D.V.M.-1 We will be serving pizza so if...
Views: 544   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 25, 2015 8:37pm
by Patty Snow
Paw Prints Genetics
I was searching around , getting ready to test some dogs on different stuff, and I see that Paw Prints is offering PRA-PRCD, PRCD, and EIC. I thought Optigen had a lock on the PRCD. The pricing on Paw Prints is significantly less. My question is, are they...
Views: 771   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 21, 2015 10:27am
by Joan
Labrador Retriver Club Of Greater Boston Back To Back Specialty Show~~ Entries close May 27
Labrador Retriever Club of Greater Boston Thursday & Friday, June 11&12, 2015 Middlesex County 4-H Fairgrounds South Chelmsford Rd. Westford, MA Thursday Laura Dedering - Dogs, Breed & Best - Folklaur Dr. Elizabeth Wenner - Bitches & Non-regular – S...
Views: 647   Replies: 12
Last Post: May 21, 2015 9:33am
by Barb Burri
DNA hip test
My Vet just told me Idexx lab has a DNA hip test available for $250.00. You can test as early as 8 weeks old for the gene that carries hip dysplasia.
Views: 965   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 20, 2015 9:01pm
by Drew
American Eagle Breeders Co-op
I cannot find their phone number any where. Would any one have it handy.
Views: 2063   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 19, 2015 3:06pm
by Debbie
OFAs
I'm looking for the lady that used to work for OFA. She does x-rays in Topeka, KS and I'm trying to find her. I have a bitch who needs her OFA x-rays done. Thanks
Views: 478   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 19, 2015 6:32am
by Faith Bybee
Labrador Retriever Club Of Greater Boston
With the LRCGB Spring Specialty right around the corner, don't forget to book your rooms at the Host Hotel. The Host Hotel is the Hawthorn Suites in Chelmsford, MA. They still have plenty of rooms available and the deadline to book is May 19th to get the $102.99 per...
Views: 989   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 15, 2015 6:29pm
by Handy Hill
dietary copper
BalanceIt is a product developed by a veterinary nutritionist to supplement homemade diets so that homemade diets are correctly balanced with vitamins and minerals. So I thought this would be a good place to look for guidance about the amount of copper supplementati...
Views: 474   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 13, 2015 9:32pm
by Kate Fulkerson, ...
Copper Toxicosis: Prevention & Treatment
This morning my vet (also a breeder) and I discussed a plan to write up our experiences treating my girl so that we could help other breeders with the emerging problem of copper poisoning. We have learned a great deal and hope to spar other breeders our steep and pa...
Views: 448   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 13, 2015 8:57am
by Kate Fulkerson, ...
GPLRC ENTRIES CLOSE TODAY!!
GPLRC entries close today at noon!! Online entries can be completed on the superintendent's site: http://specialtydogshows.com/agree.html
Views: 348   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 13, 2015 8:04am
by Mary Ann Hart
Denamarin sale
For anyone who is giving Denamarin to cope with liver disease, VetDepot has a 10% off sale using the code Den10 expiring May 13. Their prices were already good, but a 10% discount makes them the best bargain I have found. If you order $89 worth of merchandise, you...
Views: 418   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 11, 2015 1:29pm
by Kate Fulkerson, ...
Repro Vet
Can anyone recommend a repro vet in the Baltimore or Philadelphia region? I have never had the need for the services of one before, but one of my labradors is currently experiencing some possible infertility issues. Thanks!
Views: 438   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 11, 2015 11:59am
by Breeder
LRCPV Friday Results posted on Website
Thank you to all our exhibitors. What a BEAUTIFUL Day! We have the results (except for Sweeps) posted on our website www.lrcpv.org. Hopefully we will be as quick with Saturday, but it may be a day later as we will be out to dinner and it will be late for us old f...
Views: 474   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 8, 2015 11:35pm
by Annmarie
Steward Conflict of interest ?
Question.. Attended a Specialty Show this weekend. The Steward of this show had a bitch entered and won WB day 1 and Reserve WB on day 2. Is it a Conflict of interest or against the rules to have a dog entered in the show. This is what I read from the AKC guidelines...
Views: 903   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 4, 2015 4:21pm
by Justice
a
Anon
Male Growth 12 - 18 months
I have a male from show lines. Just curious in general what type of growth to expect from 12 months to 18 months? He just hit a year old, I know people say they will "fill out" but just curious what that means really and what to expect in changes in him. Thank you...
Views: 612   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 4, 2015 12:27pm
by Anon
a
AnnaH
GPLRC - hotel info?
Any recommendations for hotels and restaurants at GPLRC specialty?
Views: 414   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 29, 2015 7:32am
by Mary Ann Hart
l
Linda
Hot
What is the formula for hot spots? I remember it being witch hazel and vinegar, but don't remember the name of the vinegar or proportions. Thanks
Views: 495   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 28, 2015 8:57am
by Marjorie
tick control - NexGard?
our club did a seminar and one of the presenters was talking about tick control. I usually use frontline for ticks, but she was saying that ticks can stay on a dog more than 24 hours with frontline and that some tick borne diseases can happen before 24 hours so she...
Views: 585   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 25, 2015 11:46am
by windycanyon
Boxer Breeder info needed
Does anyone know a good Boxer breeder in NJ area and what health clearances are done in the breed? Trying to help someone find a pup Private emails are fine if you don't want to post here. Appreciate the help
Views: 482   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 24, 2015 12:53pm
by Patty Snow
b
Bill
Romeo please!
I must admit that I need my fix of Romeo! It has been way too long since Romeo's number fan told us how the greatest Labrador on earth is doing! Please fill me in on the great Romeo!! Wherefore art thou Romeo???? LOL.....
Views: 615   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 21, 2015 12:10am
by Bill
a
AnnaH
Winnebago LRC specialty - premium available
The Winnebago LRC Specialty Show and Obedience Trial premium is now available on the club website: www.winnebagolrc.com Date: Saturday, June 13, 2015 Sweeps: John Moneghan Dog & Intersex: Margaret Wilson Bitches & non regular: Marion Daniel Obedience: Robert B...
Views: 460   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 19, 2015 1:49pm
by AnnaH
Doodles
I'd like to hear of others experiences with doodles. I show and breed Labradors but train and board lots of other breeds. I feel so sorry for the doodle owners who come to me for training. Most of these mixes have a terrific temperament and train well for the most...
Views: 661   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 19, 2015 11:30am
by Kim Beverly
a
Anon
Trademarking your kennel Logo
Have any of you trademarked your kennel logo? If you did, what did you use for category and proof? I tried sending my website and financial agreement but they said it was not correct. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
Views: 504   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 18, 2015 11:19pm
by Anon
LRCPV May Specialty
Entries for our May Specialty close Wednesday, April 22 at Noon. Hoping to see many of you there!
Views: 390   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 18, 2015 11:25am
by Annmarie
Litter Registration Coupon
Does anyone have a litter registration code number I can use. Thanks in advance
Views: 964   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 18, 2015 8:47am
by Marion Daniel
GPLRC PREMIUM LIST AVAILABLE
THE GPLRC PREMIUM LIST is up on GPLRC webstie: LINK Please click the link to go to the Premium List. Also, ADS are DUE 4/25/15, not 4/2/15 aa listed on the Premium. The Premium List will also be available at specialtydogshows.com when the website is revised.
Views: 676   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 16, 2015 2:10pm
by Mary Ann Hart
Potomac 2015
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU...to ALL of the members of the Potomac who helped make this years show one of the most memorable! Everything from the Top 20 Gala to the hilarious photo booth in the atrium made this years show so very special and SO much fun!! I co...
Views: 813   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 16, 2015 11:30am
by Marion Daniel
Potomac results?
infodog link?
Views: 1742   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 11, 2015 1:45pm
by Melody Losea
Potomac Parking
If only I had known! I parked in what I thought was an open space for hotel guests and was approached rather rudely by a woman named Penny who demanded a "donation" in order for me to park in that spot. Needless to say, I moved but felt so angry. Talking to other peo...
Views: 693   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 10, 2015 2:08pm
by Potomac Parking ...
pups needed for commercial shoot
I don't have any pups for this, even if I did, all mine go at 8-9 weeks old. If anyone can do this feel free to contact her. Hi my name is Kimberly Andrews and I am a studio animal trainer. I am working on a commercial that needs chocolate puppies around 1...
Views: 660   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 7, 2015 3:01pm
by Donna
s
Seeker
Victor Dog Food
I have been hearing more and more about Victor Dog Food. If you have used this product, I would love to hear any opinion on the product and which variety you have used.
Views: 655   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 31, 2015 9:01pm
by Kate Fulkerson, ...
l
Linda
Progesterone
What is the cost for a progesterone test in your area? Thanks
Views: 668   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 30, 2015 8:06am
by Gail R
l
Linda
Help with hot spots and neutering.
Two questions, what do you use on hot spots, are they from allergens from the environment or food? How old would you neuter a dog if not used for stud purposes? Pros and cons. Thank you.
Views: 615   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 26, 2015 8:47am
by Linda
o
OFA
Going Rate
What is the current pricing for OFA xrays hips & elbows?
Views: 715   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 25, 2015 10:26am
by Linda
LRCPV Specialty Catalog Ads and Trophy Sponsorship
Hi all, Anyone interesting in placing an ad in the LRCPV catalog for our May specialty, please contact Gretchen Boss at cgnbboss@yahoo.com If you would like to sponsor a trophy, please check with me, Annmarie Wilson at Annmarie@wilannlabradors.com Hope to se...
Views: 537   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 23, 2015 11:01pm
by Annmarie
s
Sanity
Multiple Males
Need help from my fellow breeder friends...My hubby is about to lose the plot....I acquired my first Labrador in 198o's and have always had females. That is until about 4 years ago when I decided to keep a male. I now have five. How does everyone keep harmony withi...
Views: 990   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 22, 2015 12:09pm
by Jan
o
Oy Vey
Caution Puppy Family - "Possible scam"
Contact address was claudinearoger@xxxxxxxxx If you want to work with her it's your choice. I wouldn't by the tone of emails and questions regarding breeding and costs. I smell a possible scam or a possible inability to pay for a puppy and related costs. The...
Views: 694   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 18, 2015 12:43am
by Chris
s
Sassy
Obedience- recall
I really enjoy obedience training puppies and putting them through the CGC at 6 months old or so. Sometimes we train for other families. Occasionally I run into an issue with the recall after several weeks of training. Pups are obedient and obey 'here' consistently...
Views: 730   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 13, 2015 11:35pm
by Kate Fulkerson, ...
c
CM
Dogs returned during divorce
Does anyone have experience with dogs that you bred being returned to you during a divorce situation? The wife has been granted "temporary guardianship" (or something like that) and needs to bring the dogs to me ASAP, which is no problem at all. One dog is register...
Views: 1040   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 13, 2015 3:21pm
by me
LRCP 40th anniversary Catalog Catalog LAST CALL!!!
We've had another brief extension for the 40th Anniversary Catalog_ Make tomorrow Friday the 13th your lucky day to get that ad in!! It's the drop dead deadline with MBF!!! Email me at Lobufflabs@aol.com or Travis Scarlett at Trscarlett1990@gmail.com Don't miss ou...
Views: 597   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 12, 2015 5:33pm
by Lisa Weiss
Kennel cough - pregnant bitch
I have a girl that is due to whelp in 2 weeks. Two other girls here started coughing yesterday. I Googled and see KC lasts 2-3 weeks. Now I worry that the pregnant girl will get it too. What can I do to protect her and the puppies, once they arrive?
Views: 593   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 10, 2015 12:30pm
by Kate Fulkerson, ...
Urinary bladder stones
I have a 7 year old lab that had a stone removed from his urinary bladder. It is a cysteine stone. Has anyone had the same problem? What kind of diet change? I am also giving him K-Plus which is potassium citrate plus cranberry. I understand this is hereditary? I h...
Views: 522   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 9, 2015 8:29am
by Kate Fulkerson, ...
d
diane
Web Hosting alternatives to Go Daddy
Looking to leave Go Daddy ASAP, looking to see what people are happy with these days. Much appreciated
Views: 938   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 7, 2015 11:15am
by Cathy
30/20 Food for Building Muscle Mass
What are your thoughts on feeding a 30/20 food to an 11-year-old Lab specifically to build or at least maintain muscle mass? My retired service dog is arthritic but does quite well on Previcox and MSM with alternating doses of Dasuquin and Phycox and lots of fish oi...
Views: 911   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 6, 2015 4:12pm
by Pinnacle
Tylan Powder
Just a "heads up" that Tylan Powder will soon require a script. I ordered some from Revival yesterday and the gal taking the order told me that they were advised of this change and have **stocked up** for now, but eventually, we will all need a script for it. -Jill
Views: 824   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 5, 2015 8:52pm
by Mary S
Interested in Purchasing Potomac Breeder Seminar Available via LIVE STREAM?
Are you interested in pay per view to watch the Potomac Breeders Seminar via Live Streaming online (from anywhere in the world) and have access to a recorded version afterwards? The more people we get on pre sale interest the better the pricing we can offer you as we...
Views: 820   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 4, 2015 12:55pm
by Stephanie Brooks
w
Webex
Cold Laser Therapy
Looking for feedback on your experience using Cold Laser Therapy treatment. What were you treating for, duration of treatment, relief of symptoms? Would you recommend? Thanks.
Views: 930   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 28, 2015 6:43pm
by Pete
Using a stud dog overseas
I am interested in breeding to a stud dog in Finland,but I have no idea what the process would be. Can someone who has bred to a European stud dog offer any advice? Is it cost prohibitive? Can you ship fresh chilled semen that distance or would it need to be frozen?...
Views: 805   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 25, 2015 6:19pm
by Breeder
Lepto vaccines
Normally I use Vanguard L-4, but I'm having a heck of a time finding any suppliers, and the one who carries it regularly (Lambert) only has short expiration dates (3/15). For the cost being $160/tray, I told them I'd wait til they got in a new batch... That sai...
Views: 756   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 24, 2015 7:28pm
by labladyval
l
Laura
TVD study?
Is there an ongoing TVD study? I have a friend whose stud dog produced severe TVD and she's got frozen semen on him. She'd like to donate it to a study if there is one going on. TIA.
Views: 664   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 24, 2015 4:48pm
by Sweetrox
JSLRC Program Rescheduled
Please join us on Feb. 24, 2015 at 8:00 p.m. for an informative program on: Neonatal Care. Presented by Dr. Dale Mantell of Doylestown Animal Medical Clinic http://www.damcvets.com/html/staff_details.php?Dale-D.-Mantell-D.V.M.-1 We will be serving pizza s...
Views: 770   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 23, 2015 8:06pm
by Patty Snow
Looking for Help !!! - Stud Dog Problem
We are having a problem with one of our Stud Dogs and I would love guidance from anyone that has had the same problem, or that can offer suggestions, or guidance. In early 2014 our boy, whom has sired quite a few litters already, had a decrease in Sperm Count wh...
Views: 2090   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 22, 2015 12:20pm
by Gail
2014 In Memory of........
Looking for the names of people and dogs that passed in 2014. Video tribute at the Top 20 Gala!!!!! After I get a great list of names, I will be seeking permission from the owners and/or family.
Views: 882   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 19, 2015 4:59pm
by Heidi Kellerman
MJLRC Canine Health Seminar
A CANINE HEALTH EDUCATION SEMINAR ON SATURDAY FEBRUARY 28, 2015 - TIME: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM DAYS INN BRIDGEWATER CONFERENCE CENTER 1260 US ROUTE 22 E BRIDGEWATER, NJ 08807 SPEAKERS WILL INCLUDE: ROB GILLETTE, DVM, MSE – Charter Diplomate, American Colle...
Views: 950   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 17, 2015 8:32pm
by Susan Lazarchick
Triscuspid Valve Dysplasia
Is TVD a concern in the vast majority of today's pedigrees? I'm not trying to open a can of worms, just asking opinions. Last year I produced my first TVD puppy (who will be fine -- not a death sentence and no meds) yet I have four generations of cleared echoes be...
Views: 5731   Replies: 71
Last Post: Feb 16, 2015 7:54pm
by Drew
Expired Vaccinations
I have some vaccines that I was planning to use (Vanguard 5 L4). I just realized that they expired in December/2014. Does anyone know if it would be okay to still use them. I have been told by pharmacists that human medication can be used a year past its expiratio...
Views: 830   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 12, 2015 10:58am
by Laura
Question for judges - would also like opinions from others
I have a young male show prospect and I noticed a few weeks ago that one of his testicles was quite a bit smaller than the other. It's there, but only about half the size of the other one. I took him to the vet and he said something internal twisted and cut off o...
Views: 915   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 11, 2015 7:24pm
by Judy Chambers-ju...
LRC's President: Test your dogs for the dilute gene!
https://notosilverlabs.wordpress.com/2015/02/11/message-from-lrcs-president-too-little-but-not-too-late
Views: 801   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 11, 2015 10:05am
by Anki in Sweden
n
Potomac
I would like to attend the Potomac show this year. Where can I find out more information, judges, hotels etc. TIA.
Views: 686   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 11, 2015 2:19am
by Been There
Female infertility
I have 3 females who haven't taken with their last breedings, one has had 2 missed breedings over the past 2 years. The one male I own still has great semen, he's never bred naturally. We are going to a repro vet and now using antibiotics. Thyroids are low but nor...
Views: 897   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 9, 2015 11:40am
by AnnaH
The Labrador Retriever Top 20 Gala Foundation
On Tuesday April 7th, 2015 The 1st annual Labrador Retriever Top 20 Gala and Parade of 2014 Specialty Winners will talk place in conjunction with the Potomac Specialty. The following dogs are invited to participate in the Top 20 portion of the evening. If you are o...
Views: 876   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 6, 2015 12:29pm
by Heidi Kellerman
OFA and TVD??
What would be required for the OFA database to include a category of affected dogs from TVD? Right now there is no way to search this, only to search an abnormal cardiac result, but not specifically TVD.
Views: 771   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 5, 2015 3:24pm
by Charlotte K.
looking for an old bloodline my family had when I was a kid
Hi my name is Alex, I am looking for a specific blood line lab. I will give you a bit of a back story going on 31 years ago a 4 year old boy watched his dad pick up their new dog at an airstrip on massett island. That dog stayed with the military family and had 3 li...
Views: 1089   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 29, 2015 5:58pm
by FWIW
t
Tax
Sales tax on puppies
I claim all of my puppy sales as income on my taxes, but I never thought about sales tax before. Someone I know in Pennsylvania was just contacted by the state about not paying sales tax and they were given a huge bill for thousands of dollars for unpaid sales taxes....
Views: 973   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 29, 2015 10:41am
by Jim & Elizabeth ...
JSLRC Invites You!
To join us on Jan 27, 2015 at 8:00 p.m. for an informative program on: Neonatal Care. Presented by Dr. Dale Mantell of Doylestown Animal Medical Clinic http://www.damcvets.com/html/staff_details.php?Dale-D.-Mantell-D.V.M.-1 We will be serving pizza so i...
Views: 998   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 25, 2015 11:29am
by Patty Snow
Vaginal Stricture
We did a natural breed yesterday with a maiden 4 year old female. They locked up about 4 minutes with a lot of screaming. She is still flagging but screams when the male touches her and the male seems now afraid of her and it's his first time. I checked her and...
Views: 821   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 23, 2015 4:15pm
by Stricture
e
Export
Breeders willing to export to Europe
A French Lab breeder I was chatting with about a French dog's pedigree wondered if I knew of any quality black adult males or black puppies here in the USA with breeders that are willing to do overseas sales. The kennel is a good one, well established and the dogs ge...
Views: 897   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 21, 2015 7:20am
by Export
s
Susan
LRCC National Specialty weekend August 13 - 16, 2015
The Labrador Retriever Club of Manitoba is Proud to Host The 2015 Labrador Retriever Club of Canada National Specialty August 13 – 16, 2015 In Conjunction with the Manitoba Canine Association Dog Show Thursday, August 13, 2015 Meet and Gre...
Views: 851   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 18, 2015 8:26am
by Susan
a
Al
Entry Form for Hoosier Specialty
This may be a stupid question, but, can someone please tell me how to find an entry form for the Hoosier Specialty handled by Roy Jones dog shows. I cannot find any reference to the specialty on Roy Jones Website. Entries close on Jan 21. Thank you
Views: 726   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 15, 2015 10:56pm
by Al
j
Joan
strange progesterone
Progesterone test, blood drawn Thursday the 8th, came back at 0.2 Progesterone test, blood drawn Tuesday the 13th, came back at 0.3 Never had progesterone results like this, so I am worried. If anyone has seen this, please let me know how it all turned out....
Views: 916   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 14, 2015 10:41pm
by Joan
Reminder, Piedmont entries close Friday, January 16
Just a friendly reminder that the Piedmont Specialty closes this Friday, January 16th (and yes, this is the "early" year on the AKC calendar!) This year there is an option to enter online through Showtime Entry Services. http://piedmontlabclub.com/running-late
Views: 691   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 14, 2015 3:32pm
by Libby Flowerree
b
BRDR
Michigan Repro Vets
I had 2 bitches bred in February of 2014. One was a maiden bitch of 2 1/2 year old. The other 4 years old, has had one litter of 6 in 2012. Progesterones were just over 5, bred side by side AI the day they got over 5, skipped a day bred again. No puppies. Had anot...
Views: 795   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 9, 2015 1:53pm
by Liz Martin
Puppy Buyer Looking for Full Registration with ability to breed and show.
I have received several emails from a man asking about a puppy. I do NOT advertise, he was on my website which has no indication of an upcoming litter. I did tell him I bred a litter but don't accept deposits until the litter is on the ground. Now he emailed back af...
Views: 1052   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 5, 2015 9:10pm
by Thank you
Pedigree help
I need some help with missing data. Emails are fine. I lost my pedigree database to corruption, including my backup. I've been regenerating and need some historical data. Can anyone pass on the following? It may be in books, but I thought I'd check here too be...
Views: 933   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 5, 2015 9:06pm
by Anki in Sweden
Coastal SC LRC Entry closing!!
Just want to send a friendly reminder that entries for the Coastal SC LRC supported entries with Sweeps on Jan. 24 & 25, closes this WEDNESDAY!! Go to www.infodog.com to make entries. We have a great judging panel!! Regular judges are Kendall Herr and Michael Silv...
Views: 694   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 5, 2015 8:53am
by Jim & Elizabeth ...
Indiana Veterinarians
Hoping someone can recommend veterinarians in northeast Indiana bordering Ohio area. It's a rural area - Hamilton, Angola, Butler, about 45 minutes north of Fort Wayne. All suggestions very much appreciated. Thank you.
Views: 695   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 1, 2015 7:28pm
by Karen, Blackwatc...
EIC testing?
Where is the best place to test for EIC? Are they any places that will do more than just EIC on one sample, for instance, color testing too?
Views: 1062   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 30, 2014 8:48pm
by Me
Claims to be a puppy buyer for Easter
I got 2 emails from the same person mass mailed (undisclosed recipients) twice in early and later March. I replied 2 times that I had no puppies available, all were spoken for. Initial mass email 2 times; Subject: PUPPY Good Morning,Interested in one of y...
Views: 1852   Replies: 13
Last Post: Dec 29, 2014 10:26am
by Linda@Staghorn
e
Elaine
Dysplasia genetic testing
I saw a dog in Europe cleared for skeletal dysplasia clear N/N and found the research on the genes responsible. This is exciting news if it works like PRA and EIC. Here is the link to the study. I don't know where you get the test but I have asked a couple of peo...
Views: 1389   Replies: 11
Last Post: Dec 27, 2014 3:30pm
by Black/choc
Color scheme on Specialty Calendar
I know it's been this way for awhile, but I finally have time and remembered to ask this question. Am I the only one who has a hard time reading the specialty calendar with its dark background color and black text??? Or am I just getting old :-)
Views: 913   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 27, 2014 10:38am
by Laura
Poor Qaulity semen
This is really just a rant as I am not sure what I or anyone can do. I imported semen from from the USA, 3 other breeders I know of also imported semen from the same breeder, I am told some went to Europe as well, a couple of different dogs ( same breeder). this...
Views: 1348   Replies: 11
Last Post: Dec 26, 2014 5:01pm
by really disapoint...
Free labs in Florida on Craigs list…..2 chocolate labs free (Palatka)
http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/grd/4818401876.html hope they will be OK……..hate to see people giving away dogs……..
Views: 824   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 25, 2014 11:20am
by Reader
c
Coat
Coat regrowth time after shaving
Do your unspayed females only grow coat at certain times? As in, if the vet clips a patch when the girl has just grown in a new coat, would you expect that patch to stay short until the girl sheds out and grows a whole new coat? They don't continuously grow coat r...
Views: 939   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 24, 2014 11:20pm
by Susan
k
Kathy
Nature's Logic Food?
Just wondering if any of you have fed Nature's Logic food? Pros and Cons? I was looking for a food without flaxseed or peas and this one doesn't list either in their ingredients. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Views: 807   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 21, 2014 11:45pm
by Raw Feeder
h
Hoping
Off bite
What is the oldest you have seen a bite correct in a dog? Bite was correct at 8 weeks then went off. Pup is 14 months and bite does seem to be changing some for the better. Head is definitely coming on more. TIA
Views: 691   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 21, 2014 3:54pm
by Hoping
Licking, licking, licking
2.5 year old bitch has started licking. As in little air licks with her tongue. If it was only when food was in the offing, I would not be surprised. However, this air licking goes on at all sorts of inappropriate times. What is this all about and can it be...
Views: 956   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 19, 2014 5:57pm
by Beverley Sidor
s
sep
Help puppy 2 weeks old hurt paw
I was cleaning the box and puppy back right leg got stuck under a 2x4 . He yelped and his paw was bleeding. Mom took him and cleaned it. I dont see anything cut maybe between the toes .I wiped up a little blood. Do I put anything on it ?
Views: 775   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 15, 2014 8:06am
by BRDR
2015 Breeders Seminar at Potomac
The Labrador Retriever the future of the breed is the breeders seminar at Potomac 2015. We will have a brief history of the breed presented by Debra McKinley, then our panel will answer questions and have a discussion on the future of the breed. Our panelists are Jea...
Views: 1003   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 9, 2014 9:13pm
by Winterglen
Steele City Whelping Boxes
Has anyone used or seen whelping boxes built by Steele City? http://www.cedargoldens.com/Whelping-Boxes.html Might be a comparable alternative to a Jonart.
Views: 906   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 9, 2014 6:11pm
by Linda Brenner
HNPK test clear stud dogs
I am hoping to make a list for myself of HNPK test clear stud dogs. I have a girl who is affected TIA!
Views: 1843   Replies: 12
Last Post: Dec 9, 2014 11:18am
by Joan
progesterone test by Endocrine Techonogies?
Has anyone besides Maureen G. tried the new progesterone test, either with blood or with urine? I'd love to hear the results, especially from those who used urine instead of blood in an off label use. It sounds almost ideal and saves trips to the vets, waiting a day,...
Views: 1163   Replies: 14
Last Post: Dec 8, 2014 3:22pm
by Mary
j
JIm
Photos and results from Greater Atlanta Retriever Club Specialty Nov 15-16, 2014
I have some pictures of ringside, winners photos, and the marked catalog from the Greater Atlanta Retriever Club specialty Nov 15-16, 2014 in Alpharetta, Ga. The link to the main website is www.katonslabradors.com/galrc2014 This should give those who don't have acc...
Views: 847   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 5, 2014 7:40am
by Jim
k
Karen
Cervical spondylosis
I have a puppy owner that has a 5 year old male I bred. The poor dog is suffering from significant cervical spondylosis. They are asking for treatment advice. The dog is on steroids now. Thankfully I have never dealt with this before. Has anyone else? What seemed...
Views: 905   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 3, 2014 4:39pm
by Julie D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Free Forum powered by Bravenet