Start a New Topic 
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
concerning all dog food for tax expenses for Hobby
Does anyone know if all dog food (including seniors) can be used as an expense for those who file as a Hobby, not a small business.
Views: 291   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 22, 2012 11:46am
by breeder
16 day old puppy problem?
Took my puppy to the Vet because he developed a little congestion Friday morning. He is eating between the congestion but takes breaks. No temp. Vet says lungs are clear and put him on Clavamox and a little droper of a nasal decongestant. He still has the congest...
Views: 6971   Replies: 13
Last Post: Feb 22, 2012 12:15am
by Breeder
b
BarbS
Sen Moran speaks about USDA forum connected with HSUS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nodVyu0vIRk&feature=share
Views: 259   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 21, 2012 7:08pm
by BarbS
i
ISO
Marci Swan
Can anyone give me any help in locating Marci Swan of Addidas Labradors?
Views: 341   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 21, 2012 4:30pm
by ISO
m
Mary
Dew claws?
When I first started breeding for about the first 5 years I always removed Dew claws. It was almost like another clearances or something it had to be done. After that five years I bought two potential show pups from breeders and both still had Dew claws. So from that...
Views: 726   Replies: 25
Last Post: Feb 21, 2012 3:18pm
by Peggy Stevens
Ovariectomy or Ovariohysterectomy in older girl
any one doing the ovariectomy as opposed to the ovariohysterectomy? I know that Hutch mentioned it. I have to spay one of my older girls...should've done it before now, but she is 8 and I'm thinking of just doing the ovariectomy. any thoughts?
Views: 334   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 21, 2012 1:49pm
by cindy ellis
Weight Watcher's Version of Marrow Bone Stuffing
My dogs love to eat peanut butter and oatmeal stuffed marrow bones but it's putting weight on them. Does anyone have a recipe for a low cal bone stuffing that satisfies their urge for snacks without packing on the pounds? Thanks in advance! Barb
Views: 363   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 21, 2012 1:43pm
by I just
j
Janice
Room needed/New England Sporting
Hi. If anyone has a room at the Royal Plaza Marriott Hotel in Fitchburg Massachusetts that they no longer need I would love to have it! March 16 and 17 or just the 17 th. Thanks! Janice Jbalt@comcast.net
Views: 354   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 21, 2012 11:53am
by Breeder
Yeast infection in ear luck with purple solution?
Have people had good luck treating yeast infections in ears with the purple ear solution?
Views: 433   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 21, 2012 11:37am
by BRDR II
c
Carrie
Opinions... Input...
A hobby lab breeder with somewhat questionable ethics whelped a litter of 4 pups (1fm/3m). A guide friend of mine in Alaska purchased one male puppy from the litter as a family member to later be worked on waterfowl at their lodge. Said pup is now 9 months old and...
Views: 1044   Replies: 22
Last Post: Feb 21, 2012 7:34am
by Nancy Boyle
c
Cough
Kennel Cough
Heads up, Kennel cough from Piedmont seems to be mild and only the youngsters so far.
Views: 441   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 20, 2012 10:21pm
by Heard one coughi...
White House dog
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/michelle-obama-brings-white-house-tourist-to-tears-143/2012/02/16/gIQAJAfJIR_video.html In watching this video I am thinking if it was a Labrador they had chosen it would be certainly "greeting" the tourist guest. How is it t...
Views: 562   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 20, 2012 6:36pm
by trainers & aller...
d
Debbie
Food question
Does anyone have experience with NRG food? Thanks for any input Debbie
Views: 358   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 20, 2012 7:37am
by Debbie
Anti Leash Pulling Trainer
http://www.inthecompanyofdogs.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=D11564&source=igodigital&pagetype=Product Do you think this would work? Looks iffy to me...
Views: 337   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 19, 2012 4:27pm
by Kate Fulkerson, ...
Hobby Income tax question ??
I need to know if we are supposed to write on line 21 of 1040 Hobby Income----(Dog Breeding) or do we just write Hobby income and on Schedule A, Line 23 Hobby Expenses---(Dog Breeding) or just Hobby expenses I called the IRS, and they told me to write Hob...
Views: 556   Replies: 12
Last Post: Feb 18, 2012 6:51pm
by not sure
Robur dog food
Has anyone tried this brand of dog food? Robur
Views: 259   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 18, 2012 4:07pm
by Sven
Nice Forbes article and video of Labs @ West Minster
Here is the link: http://www.forbes.com/sites/janelee/2012/02/14/americas-most-popular-pooch-has-never-won-best-in-show-video/
Views: 452   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 18, 2012 11:37am
by BRDR II
b
BarbS
Westminster & Peta
Posted on FB and a good read: http://www.americanshihtzuclub.org/vet_speaks_on_peta_westminister
Views: 639   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 18, 2012 10:11am
by BarbS
NJ Mayor seeks to outlaw new hobby breeders and pet stores
I received this today by a cross post. The Brick Township Mayor seeks to outlaw any new breeders or pet stores. http://tinyurl.com/6o2kqvf Even one litter of 11 pups (common in medium to large breeds) or kittens would be outlawed. Each offense may draw fine of...
Views: 316   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 17, 2012 7:53pm
by Larsen
Full litter registration and gold package
Just when I have this all figured out and am ready to do full litter registration with owners names, an owner wants the "gold package" what is the price for this and can I just write it in with full litter registration?
Views: 253   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 17, 2012 7:38pm
by BRDR II
CranCaps
At training class tonight we were discussing what we feed/don't feed our pregnant bitches. One woman mentioned her cranberry powder that she gets from a health store, specifically said it should not be given to dogs in whelp. Anybody hear of this before? It was ne...
Views: 548   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 17, 2012 7:25pm
by My Vet Says....
AKC online litter registration problems, how would you deal with this?
Registered a litter online over 2 weeks ago. I got an e-mail late last Friday night saying they hadn't received stud owner confirmation. Contact stud owner, he hadn't received any reminders, quickly did his part. E-mailed AKC online services and asked to send regis...
Views: 360   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 17, 2012 1:54pm
by BRDR II
MARYLAND SPORTING DOG CLOSES TODAY!!!!
Be sure to enter the Maryland Sporting dog shows. They close today. The judges are Mary and Michael Weist and sweeps judges are Sue Whaley and Jane Bailey. Jim Rau is the super.
Views: 299   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 17, 2012 11:57am
by prelim #
Big Apple Sporting Society… How cool is this!
The Big Apple Sporting Society is holding a show in Edison, New Jersey on Thursday, March 22nd, 2012. It is at night! How cool is that!!! To top it off there is a breeder judge – Judy Chambers of Ghoststone Labradors. Showing at night sounds like a good tim...
Views: 527   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 17, 2012 11:52am
by Lab Breeder
Difficulty with Forum
I am finding it almost impossible to use the Forum - is it me - or is everyone having difficulty?
Views: 477   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 17, 2012 7:21am
by Linda
2012 Potomac Premium list
Take a peek. It's on the lrcp.com website Premium_2012_Potomac_Jan_30-1.pdf
Views: 292   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 16, 2012 8:01pm
by LRCP Advertiser
URGENT: NJ conformation shows and hunt tests may become illegal! Say NO to NJ A2039!
If you are at Westminster, please use your mobile device to contact NJ Ag committee chair Albano. I will also give a link from Patti Strand's group where it is easy to do.If you are home, just click on website link to capwiz, Or input tiny URL below: http://tinyurl...
Views: 379   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 16, 2012 6:17pm
by ?
Joint Supplementation For Puppies??
Does anyone use joint supplements such as GlycoFlex or Cosequin on growing pups for support while they grow so quickly? If so what do you use? TIA!
Views: 440   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 16, 2012 2:26pm
by Info Seeker
r
RLD
Speaking of Dog food
I'd be curious to know if anyone out there has been using the Tractor Supply house brand "4 Health". I'd changed from Eukanuba to Proplan CR a while ago because of the price difference but have found the price of food overall creeping up. I have a friend using...
Views: 518   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 16, 2012 1:15am
by love it
Westminster KC 2012 Results
RETRIEVER (LABRADOR) Judge: Mrs. Barbara Gilchrist Day: February 14, 2012 Time: 11:00 Ring: 9 9 GCH Clearcreek Bonaventure Windjammer Breed: Retriever (Labrador) Sex: Bitch AKC: SR 39094901 Date of Birth: November 07, 2006 Breeder: Elizabeth Martin...
Views: 1277   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 15, 2012 9:27pm
by Ann
Westminster - 2013
Westminster Announces Major Changes For 2013 Includes additional venue, expanded limit, additional classes On the eve of its annual show, The Westminster Kennel Club announced today a number of changes for its 2013 show, including an additional venue for breed ju...
Views: 560   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 15, 2012 7:19pm
by not so sure.....
p
pups
Pro Plan Puppy
I have always weaned on Pro Plan Puppy but have had issues with the shredded blend last few years. stools are soft and smell terrible. Of course I immediately assumed sickness, parasites, etc. My daughter is a manager at Pet Smart and brought me home a bag of Aut...
Views: 463   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 15, 2012 11:29am
by Charlotte K.
k
Karen
OFA clearances
Can anyone recommend a vet to use for OFA clearances and reproductive assistance near Binghamton NY? Thanks, K
Views: 329   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 15, 2012 10:27am
by Karen
MARYLAND SPORTING DOG CLOSES TODAY!!!!
Be sure to enter the Maryland Sporting dog shows. They close today. The judges are Mary and Michael Weist and sweeps judges are Sue Whaley and Jane Bailey. Jim Rau is the super.
Views: 179   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 15, 2012 9:52am
by Maryland Sportin...
b
Betty
WKC Predictions?
RETRIEVER (LABRADOR) Judge: Mrs. Barbara Gilchrist Day: February 14, 2012 Time: 11:00 Ring: 9 5 GCH Piccadilly's Hidden Covey JH Breed: Retriever (Labrador) Sex: Bitch AKC: SR 55483001 Date of Birth: January 16, 2009 Breeder: Nicole McCarthy Sire: C...
Views: 1304   Replies: 10
Last Post: Feb 14, 2012 2:03pm
by Labrador Mom
URGENT: NJ conformation shows and hunt tests may become illegal! Say NO to NJ A2039!
If you are at Westminster, please use your mobile device to contact NJ Ag committee chair Albano. I will also give a link from Patti Strand's group where it is easy to do.If you are home, just click on website link to capwiz, Or input tiny URL below: http://tinyurl...
Views: 322   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 14, 2012 1:18pm
by Charlotte K.
Westminster Entries??
Hi, Does anyone know if there's a list somewhere of the Lab entries at Westminster? I've looked on their website but couldn't find it. Thanks in advanced. :)
Views: 817   Replies: 18
Last Post: Feb 14, 2012 9:50am
by honest mistake
n
nicole
Huron River LRC March Specialty entries close tomorrow!!
Just a reminder if you're thinking of joining us in Detroit on March 02, 2012!! Entries close tomorrow (Wednesday) but you still have plenty of time to do them online at www.specialtydogshows.com Please let me know if you have any questions! Hope to see you there!!
Views: 189   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 14, 2012 8:15am
by nicole
Tired of getting my fingers chomped off!
What happened to gentle soft mouths? I have 5 of these gentle mouths. Well supposed to be. If the dogs are sitting together taking a treat a couple of them will chomp on fingers fast to make sure others don't take treat. OK. Others would never take as they are older....
Views: 459   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 14, 2012 5:40am
by Kate Fulkerson, ...
Whelping box management....poopwise!!
Looking for thoughts/suggestions on how to keep the whelping box clean, especially over night. We have 6 week olds, Mom is close to clocking out, definitely isn't cleaning up anymore, puppies are eating around 6:30, 10ish, 3ish and 8ish. We have a 4 x 4 whelping...
Views: 512   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 13, 2012 6:04pm
by Lab Breeder
Potomac Confirmation Number
Has anyone received their confirmation number from Suzie yet?
Views: 559   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 13, 2012 5:49pm
by Nothing yet
Lost phone at Piedmont
Congratulations Piedmont on a great show this weekend. I had a great time, however in the process of picture taking and leaving I lost my phone. If anyone found a phone please contact me at byclabs@hotmail.com or 724-744-4818. I will also contact Piedmont but...
Views: 214   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 13, 2012 1:40pm
by Liz Field
Twizzles
Do you cut twizzles and if so, is there a way to cut them so that the hair grows back decently? I keep having to cut the darned thing off!!!! {LOL}
Views: 413   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 13, 2012 9:26am
by Puppy owner
g
Gail G
Piedmont
WHY are the results such a deep dark secret?
Views: 966   Replies: 12
Last Post: Feb 13, 2012 8:53am
by More Saturday
Thanks to Piedmont Lab club
Many thanks to the Piedmont Lab members, especially Pete, who helped me negotiate a lot of ring conflicts as I showed my Veteran dog in Sweeps and regular classes and two dogs in Obedience and Rally. Great show, well run, nice prizes and rosettes. Good facilit...
Views: 263   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 13, 2012 6:52am
by Kate Fulkerson, ...
Views: 749   Replies: 18
Last Post: Feb 12, 2012 9:53pm
by Gail R
a
Al
Blacksands Labradors
Hello folks. I have lost Jackie's email address and need to write her. Googled her website and get a warning when I click on it so didn't open it. Please email me privately or pass this on to her and ask her to get back to me.
Views: 531   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 12, 2012 6:33pm
by Al
LQ Article Submission...
I am wanting to submit a paper that I wrote to the LQ. I had several breeders who read it say it was well written and very easy to understand the subject for Labradors. It is a research paper and I have several interviews and pictures that I had cited. I was wonde...
Views: 399   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 12, 2012 6:29pm
by Rachael
t
Travis
Pad hair
Does anyone else trim the hair that sticks out from between the paw pads? Noticed my one boy is getting a bit hairy and just thought I'd ask.
Views: 401   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 12, 2012 3:19pm
by Trim
s
SLR
Puppy height for showing
Do the puppies have to be within the standard height limits? I would think it wouldn't apply to them but didn't know for sure and mine hasn't reached it yet. TIA!
Views: 351   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 12, 2012 3:15pm
by Greg Lynch - Kel...
help!!! pop up menu creator Pro will not work with my exp 8
does anyone have any advise for me, since I up-dated my exployer to 8, my Pop up menu creator Pro will not work.
Views: 259   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 12, 2012 2:25pm
by breeder
Puppies - when stop soaking food, when go to 2 feedings a day
I haven't had pups for awhile. I forget when to stop soaking food and what to tell new families about when to go from 3 to 2 feedings a day.
Views: 308   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 12, 2012 8:32am
by Linda@Staghorn
r
Robin
Recovery from Liver Disease! (long but interested to know similar experiences)
I am "cautiously optomistic" in reporting my 10.5 year old male, Buie, has overcome some kind of liver disease in two months. My feeling is that there was a bad batch of food. Here's what happened: About 2.5 months ago, I fed Buie from a brand new bag of Purina P...
Views: 348   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 11, 2012 5:10pm
by Florida gal
Piedmont Results.... please have mercy
Please post results as you have them Saturday and Sunday. Pretty please!
Views: 562   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 11, 2012 4:31pm
by need info
Judges Education at Potomac
We are again offering judges education at the LRCP Spring Specialty. Monday will have a power point presentation in the morning and hands on after lunch. Tuesday we will offer ringside mentoring. You will be able to register online at lrcp.com soon. The sessions on M...
Views: 673   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 11, 2012 9:29am
by interested
Coat question
Can someone describe what a woolly coat looks like or post a picture for me?
Views: 811   Replies: 15
Last Post: Feb 11, 2012 12:17am
by wooly coat
In case of fire
My friends house burned down yesterday, and while everyone got out safely, (their bird did die) it made me think about what I would do if there was a fire overnight and my 4 labradors and my husband and I were trapped in our bedroom, how would we get the dogs out saf...
Views: 764   Replies: 15
Last Post: Feb 10, 2012 8:41pm
by Yes
Forum is ...s l o w... to load
Is it me, or the forum? Sooo hard to read... :-(
Views: 499   Replies: 11
Last Post: Feb 10, 2012 7:43pm
by El
Dog smell? Something wrong?
My 8 year old bitch (spayed) had a dollar size raised area on her back. A little swollen not a lot. I comb her a lot. Rubbing hand over area few days later bump is gone but bad odor of "dog smell" on my fingers. So bad that I am thinking of bathing her. I rarely bath...
Views: 516   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 10, 2012 6:26pm
by *
x-ray on pregnant bitch?
My bitch is 52 day post breeding..is is safe to get her an x-ray? This was an opps breeding on an older bitch. I don't think she is pg but need to know if she might be having one or two..TIA
Views: 366   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 10, 2012 3:15pm
by Vet
seizure study
Can someone please post the contact information regarding the seizure study that is taking place? Thanks!
Views: 348   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 10, 2012 7:51am
by Charlotte K.
f
Fran
Sojos
I have been looking at alternate foods to kibble for my labs. Has anyone used the sojos dehydrated foods? If so, have you had good results with coat & weight?
Views: 393   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 9, 2012 11:48pm
by Melody Losea
b
BRD
4 week old puppies (advice)
I have a litter of pups now that are 4 weeks old. Since about 2.5 to 3 weeks I have been offering them gruel. Well they wouldn't eat it. So at 3 to 3.5 weeks I starting taking puppy kibble and adding some formula to it and let it soak. They want touch it. I even took...
Views: 794   Replies: 27
Last Post: Feb 9, 2012 4:21pm
by Lab Breeder
Puppy Breath
If you had to describe the smell of puppy breath. How would you? Do you find some people like it and others do not? What would be the explanation as to why a puppy's breath smells so? Just some thoughts. :)
Views: 505   Replies: 11
Last Post: Feb 9, 2012 3:48pm
by Love it
Ch.Tullamores Midnight Hour RN WC
I'd like to Congratulate my friend Kathy Cipriani and her beautiful boy "Wilson" for earning their AKC Championship Title today in West Springfield Ma. All of Wilson's points were owner handled too! Not only is Wilson a lovely boy to look at, he is also a kind and ge...
Views: 658   Replies: 11
Last Post: Feb 8, 2012 7:30pm
by Barb Roosevelt
re: Labrador entries for the Garden
Is there a link to the lab entries for this year? Not #'s but entry names. Thanks!!
Views: 614   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 8, 2012 3:11pm
by who?
puppy easily startled
I have a 4 week old who startles and stiffens up when you pick her up. She relaxes and quiets right down as you hold her but if you move or go to put her back in the box, she grips your arm like a monkey. She also seems to be the one who is easily flustered by things...
Views: 536   Replies: 11
Last Post: Feb 8, 2012 8:24am
by BRDR
m
Maria
Bay Area to Central Oregon Road Trip
Going to a family reunion outside Redmond this summer at a dog friendly resort. Considering driving with the dogs. Looking for a couple of places to stay up and back and may need a pet sitter for a couple of days at the resort. Ideas/suggestions? Thanks!
Views: 224   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 7, 2012 7:20am
by Maria
Bloody diarrhea
I have a 10 week old pup that has bloody (bright red) diarrhea. I have taken her to the vet, along with a stool sample. The good news is that nothing was found in the stool, no bacteria, no worms, nothing. The vet prescribed Flagyl 4 days ago. The bad news that it do...
Views: 662   Replies: 15
Last Post: Feb 7, 2012 5:05am
by Breeder
o
OFA
OFA Veternarian Change
Does anyone know when the OFA panel of vets will be changing?
Views: 654   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 7, 2012 3:58am
by Breeder
Thank you, Papago Labrador Retriever Club!!!
I just wanted to extend a very heartfelt thank you to the members of the Papago LRC for their hospitality this weekend in Phoenix, AZ! The sporting dog specialty and the Papago LRC specialty were so much fun, as were the remaining shows in the cluster! The...
Views: 236   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 7, 2012 1:40am
by Julie Oghigian
t
Toni
Winter Issue Of Retriever Life is online!
The winter issue of Retriever Life is online. Check it out! www.retrieverlife.com Toni
Views: 325   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 6, 2012 3:07pm
by Toni
Precise Holistic Complete Food?
Just wondering if anyone has used or seen success with the Precise Holistic line. Our pup is on PPP C&R but has soft stool, gas and slightly smelly ears. Plus the use of menadione in the PPP has me concerned. I know so many of you have seen amazing results with the P...
Views: 229   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 6, 2012 2:29pm
by New Owner
Status of TVD research?
anyone know what is happening to the research at VHUP? Does anyone know if they are still accepting blood samples from affected dogs?
Views: 483   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 5, 2012 7:08pm
by Dr Sleeper fan
"They are pets not property"
A lady comments on her facebook page "dogs are pets not property" I am somewhat confused. I consider dogs part of my family. They are also my property to do with as I may. Always humane of course! In my opinion anyway. Others feelings?
Views: 620   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 5, 2012 6:45pm
by labbies
Atlanta
Anyone have results from Atlanta today (Sunday)? Would appreciate any news. Thanks.
Views: 285   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 5, 2012 3:04pm
by dawgone
New tool: Online scoretables for English Stud Dogs
A wonderful new tool from England with scoretables for popular stud dogs providing info about their hip breed mean score. Elbows are listed too. The page is connected 24/7 to the Kennel Club's database which means that as soon as the KC does an update, all new result...
Views: 359   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 5, 2012 2:42pm
by Anki in Sweden
6 month old puppy diagnosed with ED (bi-lateral FCP)
For the first time in many years of breeding, I have pet buyer whose dog has been diagnosed with severe bilateral FCP. I am looking for opinions if surgery is generally successful and what type. Everything from surgery to euthanization has been put on the tab...
Views: 788   Replies: 20
Last Post: Feb 5, 2012 11:26am
by Environment vers...
Puppies with "Cradle Cap"
I have a couple 2 week old puppies with what looks like "cradle cap" over the top of their hips. It looks kind of scabby, but no open sores. Any experience/suggestions?
Views: 574   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 4, 2012 10:03pm
by concerned
Any results Atlanta shows
Yes, since it is Onofio we will never hear. If someone there could give us a few results we would really appreciate it.
Views: 311   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 4, 2012 2:59pm
by Dawgone
t
Travis
Dry skin
Noticed the other day that my male has dry skin (i.e. scaly flakes) on his testicles. Doesn't seem to bother him at all, but I was just wondering if there's anything I could put on them to make the skin heal? Thanks!
Views: 377   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 4, 2012 2:16pm
by Travis
Senior dog pooping
Over the past month or so my 13 year old senior girl has started involuntarily pooping while she is asleep, I do not even think she is aware of it when it happens. At first it was once in a while, but now it is every night. I know this is very common with seniors and...
Views: 464   Replies: 12
Last Post: Feb 4, 2012 11:19am
by Charlotte K.
Split Season and OFAs
Hey all, I have a bitch who is giving me fits! She will be 2 next week and she has had weird heat cycles so far. Here is her history: Nov 15, 2010 – (1st season - normal progression) 3 months after starting first season Feb 26, 2011 - (2nd...
Views: 300   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 3, 2012 4:48pm
by I would wait
Atlanta shows
What is going on in Atlanta? Who won today?
Views: 360   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 3, 2012 12:15pm
by Not There
Yellow studs
I wish there were some yellow studs in the spotlight ads!
Views: 807   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 3, 2012 10:20am
by Labradata board ...
LRCPV May Specialty Judges
Hi all, A while back there was a request for the judges at our Specialty. Our Specialty is May 11 -12. And the judges are: Conformation: Friday, May 11 Puppy & Veteran Sweeps: Michael Rathbun Bitches & non-regular: Trudy Rose Dogs and Best of Breed: Lori Be...
Views: 572   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 3, 2012 9:47am
by Annmarie
Ohio HB130
Yesterday, the Ohio Senate passed Senate Bill 130, which would establish licensing and regulations for "high volume breeders", dog retailers, and rescues. While some concerns still remain, the AKC appreciates the numerous amendments that have been made to ensure...
Views: 270   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 3, 2012 9:17am
by NuB2
Thinking Ahead
I'm starting to look towards my next litter, which should be sometime this summer. Things have changed a lot since my last litter nearly two years ago though. The biggest change has been the opening of Karlene's K-9 Academy, my dog training school. As we just open...
Views: 670   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 3, 2012 7:58am
by Breeder concern
Public Education (Clearances)
I am looking for a link to direct people to to educate people on the importance of clearances and a list of the clearances done for Labradors. Photos of what normal and bad hip joint X ray would be great also. Another would be coat colour. Ideas? Can anyone sh...
Views: 605   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 2, 2012 10:30pm
by Huh?
r
RLD
Not looking to "Share the Love"
Last Thursday I took a youngster to a handling class at a facility we'd never been to before. By Monday she had that ugly barking kennel cough. Some kiddie Robitusion seems to have taken care of the cough, she was pretty quiet this morning so I think it's run it...
Views: 666   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 2, 2012 8:21pm
by Me
p
Pete
Foster Dog Rescues "Mom"
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/01/service-dog-saves-life-arizona-bethe-benne_n_1248293.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D132236
Views: 347   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 2, 2012 6:35pm
by Pete
b
Beeder
Pawcatuck Specialty Critiques update
Someone added to the Judges Critiques page: 2011 BACK TO BACK SPECIALTY- NO JUDGES CRITIQUES WERE SUBMITTED BY THE JUDGES
Views: 371   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 2, 2012 4:30pm
by me too
s
susan
NJ Bill: more info on A2039 from NAIA Trust.
from the NAIA website: Some of the activities targeted by this bill include perfectly legitimate American Kennel Club events such as earthdog trials and hunt tests. The definition of "sexual contact" needs to be refined to ensure that normal animal husbandry practic...
Views: 277   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 2, 2012 3:44pm
by Charlotte K
Mismark?
We had a beautiful litter not long ago and noticed that 2 black females have white. 1 has a VERY tiny white spot on her chest (size of a pencil tip), so I know that will probably vanish as she gets older. The 2nd little girl has a blaze on her chest, HUGE bolo's on a...
Views: 610   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 2, 2012 3:23pm
by White On Chin
Encouraging AKC Registration
In talking with some of my puppy buyers, some are interested in registering their dogs with AKC, some don't care since the pups are "just pets". Curious as to how the rest of you encourage buyers to register their pups with AKC. Do you do it for them? Any specia...
Views: 476   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 2, 2012 2:08pm
by AKC Reg.
NJ bill would end hobby breeding
Wow, among all the Westminster goodies in a post, I found info about a new bill that would make anyone offering more than five dogs or puppies or cats or kittens for sale a year a puppy mill. No more house and couch time for the dogs--off to some kennel! If I am read...
Views: 855   Replies: 20
Last Post: Feb 2, 2012 1:56pm
by another angle...
Feb, Spotilights??
Are the dogs that are there now the Feb. dogs? Seems I saw them already. Maybe this was a 2 month special?
Views: 503   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 1, 2012 9:42pm
by Jill
Getting to L.A.
I have a veteran girl here that I am trying to get to my daughter-in-law in California. I am looking at the dogs only airline but so far they do not pick up in Boston. I will not ship her regular airline, she is 11 and a softie. Just looking for suggestions or to...
Views: 303   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 1, 2012 4:01pm
by Lois@Majestx
Update Wendy McNaughton
Wendy was making some progress and is now back in the hospital, tumor is not responding to treatment, so doctors are trying to figure out another protocol. Please take a minute or two to send her a card and write her a few lines. Her daughter Kristy will read the m...
Views: 845   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 1, 2012 3:28pm
by Lois@Majestx
l
Larry
High Liver Enzymes
Looking for any past experience with Labrador female, having high liver enzyme tests. Thanks
Views: 616   Replies: 23
Last Post: Feb 1, 2012 12:48pm
by Robin
Thank you!
Just wanted to thank everyone for making our show the best ever!! For those who brought great weather- please do it again next year and to all of those who helped out- please know we could not pull it off without you. We found a red, aluminum directors chair (...
Views: 314   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 31, 2012 6:06pm
by Exhibitor
Chocolate pigment
I was having a discussion with a friend at a show this weekend about chocolate Labradors and pigment. The AKC standard says: Nose-- The nose should be wide and the nostrils well-developed. The nose should be black on black or yellow dogs, and brown on chocolates....
Views: 280   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 31, 2012 5:09pm
by pigment ponderer
g
Gussie
Strange Puppy Symptoms... no answers yet.
Everything was going normal from the beginning and then when the pups got to 7 to 9 weeks of age, strange and unusual symptoms have started to occur to 5 out of 11 puppies in one litter and then 2 out of 7 in another unrelated litter where some were fine and others w...
Views: 994   Replies: 24
Last Post: Jan 31, 2012 5:05pm
by Gussie
Forum Posts
I don't know about the rest of you, but I have grown very tired of the need for the "confirmation letters" at the bottom to submit a post. This delays the posts and has made me respond far less to anyone's posts. Those letters don't solve nor provide anything to us b...
Views: 880   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jan 31, 2012 12:44pm
by MikeM
m
me
Novartis Warns of Foreign Tablet Risk Deramaxx, Clomicalm, Interceptor, Sentinel, Program
Novartis Warns of Foreign Tablet Risk with Clomicalm Posted: Jan. 26, 2012, 5:45 p.m. EST Novartis Animal Health cautioned veterinarians yesterday that foreign tablets may be found in certain bottles of Clomicalm (clomipramine hydrochloride) tablets. The compa...
Views: 370   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 31, 2012 12:38pm
by me
X-rays won't pass
I have a bitch puppy, out of well-known bloodlines, that my vet says has hip dysplasia, and that has since been seconded by another vet. We did PennHip at the same time and her PennHip scores are in the mid-range - 70th percentile. Her sire (well-known bloodlines...
Views: 2040   Replies: 58
Last Post: Jan 31, 2012 12:24pm
by The Grass is Alw...
n
To Start Showing
I will be getting my first show quality Labrador puppy next month. I want to start showing, but do not know much. I have visited the AKC and UKC websites as well as the LRC website. I have read the standards multiple times. But there is nothing much about handling...
Views: 680   Replies: 18
Last Post: Jan 31, 2012 8:12am
by Julia,Lochbuie L...
Puppy teeth, yikes
I have never seen this. 4 month old. Bottom front teeth show two more what looks like small teeth behind them. In other words they all look like baby teeth ? What in the world is this ?
Views: 425   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 31, 2012 2:07am
by teeth
Breed type
I am looking for some honest discussion about breed type in the Labrador. As a new-to-the breed person I keep hearing people talk about this dog or that dog is dripping in breed type. So, what is it considered?? Head, coat, tail? Are they just considering con...
Views: 549   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 30, 2012 10:52pm
by Conformation Thr...
Piedmont Entry
Has anyone heard about the entries for Piedmont yet?
Views: 404   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 30, 2012 5:28pm
by Lab Breeder
How much to walk a 5-6 month old puppy
How much exercise should a lab puppy get? I've just started taking my pup, who will be 6 months old next week, on a two-mile walk, once a day. Is that too much? (The other walk is much shorter with ball-playing and running around. She can stop when she's had en...
Views: 467   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 30, 2012 12:36pm
by Kate Fulkerson, ...
Chilly coats
I have seen chilly coats at the shows. Anyone have a link to purchase them? Thinking of hot summer months in this cold. :) TIA
Views: 389   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 30, 2012 6:29am
by hot, hot, hot
Coastal Results on Sunday?
If anyone could post results from today, Sunday, it would be very appreciated!! Thanks
Views: 604   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 29, 2012 5:57pm
by Melody Losea
Coastal, SC results?
Any results from today Saturday? Please share.
Views: 626   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jan 29, 2012 2:00pm
by Breeder
c
CM
Allergy Issues - pregnant vs. not pregnant.......
Thyroid perhaps???? Just talking to someone who has a 4 yr old lab that has allergy issues/ear infections badly when she's not been pregnant. They've gone through the testing, diet and as much environmentally as possible. Thoughts??? TIA!!
Views: 462   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 29, 2012 12:01pm
by Aquila
PRLRC Plan B match on March 11
The Pawcatuck River Labrador Retriever Club is holding a B match on March 11 at K9 Connection in Warwick, RI. Judges are Heather Johnson (regular) and Karen Pandolfi (sweeps). This is a great opportunity to get your puppies out before the spring shows. For more in...
Views: 247   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 29, 2012 6:49am
by Janet H.
Mating when not in heat
I have a female (smaller terrier breed 30lbs) that came into heat late in Sept. We kept her apart for approx 4-5 weeks, and she still tied with my lab jumped a4 foot block wall. This was a horrible sight. Here it is 3 months later and she is still mating with my m...
Views: 356   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 29, 2012 3:57am
by She's A Tart?
Grass Lakes results or how to look them up?
Hi, I'm a bit new to this. Have a girl out at Grass Lakes shows, can't find results on infodog. Does anyone have results or could you kindly tell me where to find them when infodog doesn't have them? Thanks!
Views: 231   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 28, 2012 10:21pm
by VICTORIA
MMM-help with a reply
One of my puppy buyers from 3 years ago has contacted me. I have not heard from them since the pup was 16 weeks old. It was a simple email letting me know the dog has been dx'd with MMM (masticatory muscle??) and she stated she didn't know much about it but was wonde...
Views: 637   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 28, 2012 7:39am
by TBD can cause
DHA v EPA
I have been supplementing with Fish Oil labeled DHA Omega 3 which also has EPA Omega 6. I am wondering if this is doing more harm than good. We humans are supposed to take only DHA because we get enough EPA from the foods in our diets. DHA and EPA are supposed to be...
Views: 372   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 28, 2012 1:20am
by Wondering
Grand championship points
Can points be earned from the group or just the breed? This topic came up this weekend and there were yes's on both sides. I check the AKC website and I couldn't find any mention of groups and all examples given were from the breed. Thanks
Views: 788   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 27, 2012 11:18pm
by AKC!
Pawcatuck Specialty Critiques
I can't for the life of me. find where the critiques for last September's Specialty are posted on the Pawcatuck club website,,, could someone point me in the right direction please,,,,,,,
Views: 499   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 27, 2012 6:23pm
by Show me the way ...
Males Peeing
Please tell me how tom train my new boy dog to not mark my whole house. I am sorta new but always have girls. How can I make him stop lifting that leg? LOL
Views: 382   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 27, 2012 3:24pm
by Breeder
Coat change after Spay
Just wondering about what to expect with my newly spayed 7 year old bitch/ Chocolate and had a litter last year. Some folks have told me to expect changes in her coat. ? Anyone care to share their experiences. The last spayed female I had / was spayed young at 6...
Views: 349   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 27, 2012 2:37pm
by Just Me Too
Hypothetical question
Let's say you had 2 yellows that were equal in all aspects but one was a very light cream and the other a more common shade of yellow, do you think one would be more successful than the other in the ring? Which one? Color shouldn't have any influence on a judge's dec...
Views: 578   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 27, 2012 10:21am
by Me
Weather forecast for Coastal SC LRC this weekend!!
Well folks- it looks like it's going to be a glorious weekend down South! Aside from raining on the trek Friday, Sat & Sun promise sunny, mid-60s temps and 40's at night. Safe travels everyone and we look forward to seeing you!!
Views: 393   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 27, 2012 10:02am
by SHOW
Jill
Well for all of you that love it when someone else is not having it good and like to come on here and say negative things about someone when hiding who you are. Here is some GOOD news for you to talk about, although I'm sure you won't have much to say now...... ALL...
Views: 1228   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jan 26, 2012 11:40pm
by Sharlene
Ring time at the Cow Palace show this weekend?
Can someone please tell me the ring times for Labs this weekend at the Golden Gate Kennel Club shows? Thank you!
Views: 307   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 26, 2012 11:37pm
by Spectator
?
?
Re: Piedmont #'s ?
Can anyone from Club post the numbers yet? Sweeps, regular and breed. Looking forward to this show Thanks
Views: 328   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 26, 2012 5:48pm
by Expanded version
sales taxes process help??
Can someone tell me about the process of sales taxes on selling puppies? I looked on the gov web site, and it looks like that one has to be bonded to get licenses to sale inorder to pay sales taxes on 8 puppies. I did contact the gov for my state, and asked it...
Views: 523   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 26, 2012 2:16pm
by Breeder
Toys for puppies
I am wondering what kinds of toys you all put in with puppies and at what age? I am particularly curious about anyone who has had good luck raising semi-nonchewers??? What kinds of toys do you start YOUR puppies on? Thanks for any ideas.
Views: 413   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 26, 2012 11:59am
by breeder long eno...
Any tricks to tightening milk bar after weaning?
Do any of you have tricks to tightening up milk bar area after weaning? Also wondering if quicker wean vs. slow wean over several weaks makes a difference to how milk bar area looks in the end. Thanks.
Views: 444   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 26, 2012 11:55am
by breeder long eno...
What does Sh. mean in a title?
What does the Sh. mean in the following title Sh Ch Anynameofdoghere
Views: 498   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 26, 2012 12:13am
by Designations
b
Bingo
Chain stain
How do I clean fur that's been discolored or blackened from a stainless steel show collar? What causes this? Do I need a better collar?
Views: 489   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 25, 2012 9:58pm
by Bingo
Advice for newbie re when to stop/take a break showing/sending out, etc.
My 20 month old girl has been shown about 13 times. She also has 2 Rally obedience legs. She took a best puppy, 1st in almost all classes (puppy classes and Am bred), survived a cut at a specialty but did not place and took 2 RWB but does not have any points yet....
Views: 492   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 25, 2012 9:28pm
by early winning oo...
How do you transport a litter to vet?
Wondering if there are any suggestions for making the 6 week old vet trip easier. I always have large litters - 10 pups currently. In the past I have put them all in a crate and hauled it inside the vet office with help of teen son. I use to have a vet come in t...
Views: 6365   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jan 25, 2012 4:10pm
by JoJo
Handler Question
I was at a show not long ago and I’m pretty much a newbie and don’t have the confidence to show my dog. I paid a junior handler 50 dollars to do it. While in the ring the judge wanted to choose my girl for WB and he even waited to see if the handler wou...
Views: 1121   Replies: 30
Last Post: Jan 25, 2012 4:06am
by Alot to learn
Driving Distance ?s
I will be attending the Potomac for the first time. I will be flying in (without dogs). Does anyone know the DRIVING distance from Dulles, National, and or Baltimore. I will be getting a rental car. Im using my GPS but we all know they can be sketchy with ACTUAL dist...
Views: 320   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 25, 2012 1:09am
by IAD
CERF CLINIC IN SO. CA
The High Desert Labrador Retriever Club, Inc., will be sponsoring a CERF Clinic in Santa Clarita, CA, Saturday, Feb. 11, 2012. Email ShoalCreekLabs@aol or call 661-889-5227 for details.
Views: 179   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 24, 2012 10:17pm
by Cathy Banks
Older dog on Prednisone....starving!!!!!
Does anyone have any bright ideas for satisfying a dog on a course of Prednisone who's got the munchies? 11 year old on TOTW 1.5c 2x/day. On Pred every other day for a back issue. I have split that 3 cups to 3 meals so he has something midday but he's still raveno...
Views: 475   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 24, 2012 5:55pm
by RLD
Adequan maintenance
How often do you do the maintenance shot? My vet say every 3 months? is that enough? I know it depends on the dog, but I wanted to hear about your experiences? I think my boy could benefit from doing the shots more often.
Views: 367   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 24, 2012 1:46pm
by toe dancing
hobby or small business??
just checking to see if most breeders are filing taxes as hobby income or small business. i will be filing as a hobby, but this year with a profit of about 2500.00
Views: 528   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 24, 2012 9:49am
by BRDR II
lock for minvan tailgate
Someone at a show recently showed me a bar they use on the tailgate of their minivan to hold it open about a foot yet have it locked. I lost the name of the gaget and can't find it when I google. Can anyone help?
Views: 313   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 24, 2012 7:29am
by Ann H.
k
KDL
overdose on Cosequin?
I ordered by mail a bottle of Cosequin DS (132 tabs) plus 3 bottles of Omega caps. I usually get them right away but they had not arrived yet so I tracked them and found out they were delivered 2 days ago? Never got them. Then I discovered they dropped them over t...
Views: 563   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 24, 2012 1:54am
by KDL
Rottie Heads
Where DID the rottweiler heads come from? Did someone sneak a rottie into their breeding program a while ago?
Views: 2158   Replies: 56
Last Post: Jan 23, 2012 6:53pm
by reread this
n
NHL
Decoy Labs WINS ALL at LRCSC
Congrats to JUDY DAVIS and the DECOY "Kids".....LRCSC (the Oldest Lab Club in the US) Has their Annual Awards Dinner After their Speciality and They Present the following Conformation Awards for the YEAR..Winners Dog, Winners Bitch, BBE, Brood Bitch, Stud Dog, Top Sh...
Views: 2145   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 23, 2012 2:52pm
by Joanie Merrill
b
Brdr
Elbow Dysplasia - swelling?
I have seen dogs with ED before and never have I seen any kind of swelling at the joint. If anything, the only symptom has been lameness. Sometimes not even that. What about a young male (6 months) that has significant swelling at both elbows, along with lameness...
Views: 465   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 23, 2012 10:02am
by Gregg
...and on to the tail
well we have fought about head and coat, so now let's talk tail...I won't even go there as anyone who has been near me ringside already knows what I think !!!!
Views: 1351   Replies: 48
Last Post: Jan 22, 2012 4:39pm
by No longer confus...
Central California LRC First Plan "A" Match--pre-entries close Jan. 25th.
CCLRC is holding it's first AKC Plan "A" Match on Friday, February 3rd @ 6:00pm. Judge for all classes: Mr. Jim Pierce, Sounder. Location: Fresno Fairgrounds, 11221 S. Chance Ave., Fresno, CA. (Enter parking lot from Kings Canyon) Entry fees: $5.00 for pre-ent...
Views: 180   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 22, 2012 3:21pm
by Robin McBain
e
El
Seamstress at Mid Jersey
I am wondering if anyone has the email address, or phone number for the lady that had the vendor tent at Mid Jersey. She had beautiful throw pillows. I purchased two for gifts and I'd like to get more. They have labs on them and they were done in plaids and also a go...
Views: 403   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 22, 2012 11:33am
by El
Been of the circuit for a bit..advice?
I haven't been on the show circuit in about 2 years and I am just about ready to hop back in. Can anyone give me some advice on what particular things judges are looking for right now? Tail, coat, head, chest, etc. TIY
Views: 659   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 21, 2012 11:45pm
by Moderate labbies...
CH CANDY ACRES MAJOR INVESTMENT "Mason"
Congratulations Are In Order ~~To The Handsome Mason CH CANDY ACRES MAJOR INVESTMENT " MASON Just finshed TODAY at Tampa Bay Kennel Club with a THREE POINT MAJOR. Mason is expertly handled by Kathy Mines. Owned and Love by The Von Jess Famil...
Views: 783   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 21, 2012 6:23pm
by Nancy Barnett
is this for real?
came across this non profit on a few breeders site. http://www.qualitybreedersassociation.org/ I cant tell if it is just a scam.
Views: 660   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 21, 2012 4:39pm
by Saw some
Stem Cell therapy experience
Has anybody done stem cell therapy to treat osteoarthritis? What joint(s)? Results? Cost? Reports are very good. I have a local clinic that is offering the in-home service and I want to do it on my old girl. TIA
Views: 396   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 21, 2012 1:10pm
by Parkview vet
due date
If a bitch is bred one time, and it is at the end of her cycle , 4 days past 5.0 , do you count her due date starting on the day she was bred or from ovulation ?
Views: 349   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 21, 2012 11:27am
by Breeder
Majors in Des Moines February 18-19, 2012
Just letting everyone know that Des Moines in February will be majors!!! Were able to get them easily as the new MWLRC (Midwest Labrador Retriever Club) is going to hold an All Member meeting an hour after we are done showing. Just thought I would let everyone know...
Views: 394   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 20, 2012 4:50pm
by Still Time
2013 National Specialty
Does anyone know where the 2013 National is likely to be held? I think it will be in the western region, but where? CA, OR, WA, CO, or ??? How far in advance are decisions like that made? Since I don't know when it is decided, maybe I am asking about location t...
Views: 458   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 20, 2012 2:28pm
by 2013
Saturday lunch & dinner
Hi Folks- For those of you attending the CSCLRC entry on Jan. 28/29th, please note that back by popular demand, we have a catered BBQ lunch on Saturday for $7- (6oz meat on 5"bun, chips, drink & dessert). On Saturday evening, we have reserved a private room at...
Views: 350   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 20, 2012 12:23pm
by Exhibitor
Looking for chocolate stud dog
I'm looking for a chocolate stud dog for one of my girls, preferably from Dickendall Arnold lines, but I am more than willing to consider any nice chocolate stud. I am also looking for a stud dog owner who is willing to charge a service fee upfront with no rebreed i...
Views: 652   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 20, 2012 11:04am
by me
JSLRC Winter Health Clinic
Hello All, It's that time of year again, JSLRC will be hosting an All-Breed Health Clinic at the Blairstown Animal Hospital in Blairstown, NJ on Sunday, February 5, 2012. Being offered are CERF & Heart exams, Optigen, EIC & Heartworm testing, vaccines, various bl...
Views: 403   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 20, 2012 10:44am
by Donna Forte
f
foodie
Diet and puppies
I know that there is an agree-to-disagree opinion out there so I am just looking for a general consensus. Those of you that feed performance type diets (PPP, etc) - when you have a bitch in whelp do you change her to a puppy formula and wean the pups onto a puppy...
Views: 489   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jan 20, 2012 10:09am
by Breeder
u
Unsure
Fluid from teats
I have a bitch who has a due date that is less than a week away. However, although we did progeterone testing, etc. and all looked great for the breeding, it seems she is not pregnant. She has gained no weight, teats have not changed, no loss of fur on the belly, etc...
Views: 306   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 20, 2012 9:38am
by Unsure
Coat color test results?
I did DNA testing on my black girl to see what color she was carrying. This is the results: BB S41C -/-, Q331X -/-, 345delP -/- Can anyone tell me what this means cause I have no idea! LOL TIA
Views: 1076   Replies: 30
Last Post: Jan 20, 2012 1:30am
by simply laughable
New Am Ch Cambrias Gratitude
Congrats to Lorianne Murray on finishing her boy Gambit(Ch Langshot Gale Force at Kim Valley /Tapeatom Soverign Reign) yesterday under Charlene Trost. we are very pleased with our Gambit son Cooper. LeeAnne
Views: 472   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 19, 2012 6:51pm
by Ivy Spring
j
Janet
new progesterone test
about a year ago there was some talk about a new progesterone test that hit the market. it was the type where you dropped blood in one window and color changed in the other. Looked similar to the relaxin test. There was also talk about breeders using urine in the te...
Views: 701   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jan 19, 2012 5:35pm
by Breeder
Views: 659   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 19, 2012 3:49pm
by ha....a diluted ...
j
Joan
Joy's email
My old email address for Joy Quallenberg is not working. If you have her current address, please email it to me. TIA
Views: 451   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 19, 2012 12:30pm
by Joan
Piedmont closes this Friday, 1/20
Just a friendly reminder about the Friday closing date for Piedmont. As always, we've posted some suggestions for last minute entries on the web site
Views: 362   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 19, 2012 9:37am
by Libby Flowerree
2012 Potomac Silent Auction
2012 Potomac Silent Auction For those of you who attended and bid last year, you know we have big shoes to fill this year! With that in mind, we are asking for donations this year - if you have a unique, special item that another Lab lover would covet, please co...
Views: 448   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 19, 2012 7:50am
by Blue eyes
m
Marie
Ford Escape Question
Ford Escape owners.. Can you fit a 36x23X26 crate in the back sideways with the back seats up? Or any experience with a Midwest 36x21x26? Muchas Gracias
Views: 326   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 19, 2012 7:38am
by Marie
teaching pup to ring bell to go out
My pup families teach pup to ring bell hanging on door to go out to potty. How do you teach this?
Views: 352   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 18, 2012 4:28pm
by Reader
n
nicole
Huron River LRC March Specialty...
Huron River LRC is excited to offer a Spring Specialty in conjunction with the Detroit Kennel Club Shows! The Friday, March 02, 2012 Specialty is NOT benched and is followed by two days of benched supported entries! We hope you will join us :) Our premium is now a...
Views: 280   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 18, 2012 11:06am
by MI Breeder
c
Connie
Grooming Equipment
What kind of grooming equipment do you use on your Labs? I have a rubber curry and a pin brush. I like the pin brush for grooming in the house because the hair stays in the brush but the pins have torn away from the rubber backing and pushed back into the body of t...
Views: 407   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 17, 2012 7:58pm
by Bingo
stewarding question
I was always under the impression that if any exhibitor was to steward for a judge, they are not allowed to show to that judge for that entire, particular show no matter how many days the show ran. So if I am asked to steward at a show that is so & so amount of da...
Views: 377   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 17, 2012 4:29pm
by Steward
Brooksville Florida
Does any have results from yesterday and today? Thanks!
Views: 776   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 17, 2012 3:55pm
by sick dogs
Web Hosting
Anyone use doteasy web hosting? Are you happy with them? Just curious? When using a free web hosting site do you use just the basic free plan? Is is your experience that you had to add additional Photography storage? I am trying to navigate my way thru this....
Views: 455   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 17, 2012 2:01pm
by Breeder
Cipro vs Baytril....
Ok, so I have been hearing some things about how a 2 week dosage of Cipro or Baytril between cycles is helping with bitches that have smaller litters? I am curious if anyone has any input? I have talked with a couple different vets and they have said that they have...
Views: 322   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 17, 2012 7:51am
by RLD
Deposit question
I put a deposit down on a puppy, from a breeder I had never met, but came recommended by a friend. I saw pictures of the parents, but never met either. The bitch is somewhat local, but because at the time of my inquiry the pups were 2 weeeks old, the breeder was not...
Views: 1197   Replies: 47
Last Post: Jan 17, 2012 12:40am
by Had that
daily routines
We are in the process of building a kennel for our dogs. We have 8 Labs at various ages at the present and 4 Frenchies, one old guy, 2 youngsters and an older female who is spayed. To date they have all been crated at night in our basement and rotated though the hous...
Views: 421   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 16, 2012 7:03am
by me too...
What age do you start solid food
Just curious at what age others start giving solid food.
Views: 217   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 15, 2012 6:16pm
by 3
Litter Coupon To Spare?
Anyone have an AKC litter registration coupon they are not going to use and are willing to spare? If so, please email me privately. It would be appreciated. Thank you, Michael
Views: 695   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jan 15, 2012 3:25pm
by Patty
to all who hunt,trap, fish.........................
... a reminder to all who hunt, trap, or fish. The US Sportsman's Association (headqtrs Columbus Ohio) has a list of "dirty dozen" animal rights and radical environmental organizations that are trying to end hunting, trapping, and fishing. The list includes the fa...
Views: 411   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 15, 2012 11:28am
by Watchful!!
Keystone LRC "B" Match
A reminder that the Keystone LRC "B" match is coming up soon!! KEYSTONE LRC "B" Match! Saturday, January 14, 2012 Dog Training Club of Chester County, Exton, PA Judging starts at 10:00 a.m. Judges: Donna Fortte: regular classes Susan Lazarchik: sweepstak...
Views: 420   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 15, 2012 8:03am
by Edie Castor
c
CC
Masticatory Muscle Myositis
My 15 month old Labrador was just diagnosed with Masticatory Myositis today ( disease where the chewing muscles in the jaw lock up and they can't open their mouth), so I was wondering if anybody else in the lab world has had this happen to their canines and if so did...
Views: 393   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 14, 2012 9:10pm
by CC
tax forms?
i had 1 litter this year. what tax forms do i need to use? what deductions?
Views: 591   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 14, 2012 8:53pm
by BRDR II
Dry up drug???
5 weeks post whelping and the bitch will not allow the puppies to nurse. She is still making lots of milk. Is there anything that can help her dry up quickly?
Views: 373   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 14, 2012 12:36pm
by my method
Coastal SC LRC entry breakdown
The CSCLRC shows the following breakdown for an entry: Saturday (170 total) Reg. classes 60 dogs 89 bitches 11 dog specials 7 bitch specials 3 veterans Sweeps 27 dogs 44 bitches Sunday (167 total) Reg. classes 60 dogs 88 bitches 11 dog specials 8...
Views: 413   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 14, 2012 8:20am
by Cindy S.
Skin and ear infections again
I have a 10 year old girl who has been battling deep pyoderma and ear infections. We have done bloodwork including sending out for full thyroid panel which was within normal range. Other bloodwork is also within the normal range. Skin scrapings showed bacteria no y...
Views: 323   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 13, 2012 8:53pm
by Tiffany
What would you do?
I have been waiting for years for that perfect stud sired by one of my all time favorite studs. I finally get him and he turns out super. He received his JH title before the age of one. He now has 5 points toward his championship. He is ofa excellent and normal hips....
Views: 1044   Replies: 21
Last Post: Jan 13, 2012 4:53pm
by Els
o
OP
bizarre behavior out of a 3 year old bitch
This bitch was raised here recently she been displaying very bizarre actions. dry humping anything that will stand or lay still, ear sucking on every dog to the point of causing sores. It has gotten bad enough I have to keep her separated because she harasses m...
Views: 675   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jan 13, 2012 3:28pm
by Robin
wondering
Of the black labrador puppy now owned by Duke and Dutchess of Cambridge? http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20395222_20561263,00.html
Views: 510   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 13, 2012 1:40pm
by Wag the Dog (1)
Derramaxx vs Rimadyl
I have an old guy who we think has pulled his knee. The vet is suggesting I put him on Daramaxx or Rimadyl. I have heard bad things about Rimadyl and labs. Any suggestions which would be better or more effective?
Views: 499   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 13, 2012 1:05pm
by Metacam
Calcium in a Bitch about to Whelp
I have a girl due on Saturday. Have had her on her regular high quality lamb kibble through her pregnancy, with 2.2% calcium. Have been reading to start supplementing her with calcium once the labor starts. I was planning on using vanilla ice cream. Might see i...
Views: 890   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 12, 2012 3:14pm
by breeder
Whelping Lists
Curious about what others have in their Whelping Kits! Thought it could be a good/fun info to share: Mine -Thermometer for dog temps -Thermometer Covers -Thermometer for whelping box -2 Pairs Hemostats -Kids Rounded Scissors -Pedialyte-not flavored -10 col...
Views: 556   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jan 12, 2012 11:18am
by Savior!!
At what age do you start solid food
Hi, I always look up against starting solid food - so messy and the start of smellier stool and having to litter train the babies. Of course it's better once litter trained. I usually have started at 3 1/2 weeks, do any of you start later? Earlier? Just wondering w...
Views: 297   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 12, 2012 8:31am
by Lab Breeder
Kentucky Show In March
Wondering if any of you have been to the Louisville, KY All Breed show in March???? Is it a nice show??? Nice place to have a show? Stuff like that. Just noticed it had good numbers and may be a nice show to attend for something different. I usually attend the A...
Views: 239   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 12, 2012 12:25am
by Justa Thinker
Proposed Law
http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2012/01/09/mandatory-spay-and-neutering-proposed-for-city-dogs-and-cats/ Mandatory spay/neuter law for ALL dogs in St. Louis....
Views: 710   Replies: 28
Last Post: Jan 11, 2012 10:15pm
by hmmmm
Anyone else having the itchies?
We live in New England and all of a sudden this past summer many of my Labs started having issues with licking their feet and occasional scratching... These are dogs that have never shown any allergic symptoms in their lives. My 10 yr old is one of them.. Our vet tel...
Views: 481   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 11, 2012 9:06pm
by NE Native
l
Lynn
Pawzzle Ball vs Teaser Ball
Hi all! For those who knows both product, what is the difference between the two? Durability? Thanks in advance !They both look the same....
Views: 327   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 11, 2012 9:02pm
by Betty
Adequan and pregnancy
I have a bitch that hurt her knee a while ago and is on Adequan shots. Neither the lab nor the vet knows if it is safe or not for the pregnancy. My girl came is heat before I was anticipating and now I don't know what to do. I can always wait, but I really wanted...
Views: 359   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 11, 2012 5:45pm
by eventer
LRC Piedmont
I know it's late, I've been a little busy with this pesky medical problem. The Piedmont Club really needs your help and "MONEY" to provide trophies for this years Specialty. Please forward $$$ to LRC Piedmont, PO box 211, Mocksville NC 27028 Thank you, than...
Views: 310   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 11, 2012 11:35am
by Sallie Wright
j
John
Pedigree database software
Hey guys I was looking into possibly getting pedigree software for my computer. There are several different ones out there though. I was curious to know which ones seem to be worth it and why you like certain ones over others. Thank you.
Views: 240   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 10, 2012 3:26pm
by John
FDA warning on chicken dog treats
Click on website link below, highlighted as "Website." Also, http://vitals.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/12/28/9747728-chicken-jerky-treats-sicken-353-dogs-owners-report FDA warns that one must avoid chicken jerky products from China. I know that even Whole Foo...
Views: 373   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 10, 2012 11:53am
by Charlotte K.
Coastal SC LRC entries close this Wednesday, Jan. 11th
Please note that entries close this Wednesday at Noon for Coastal SC LRC - Plan on some great Southern hospitality as we plan on having a great BBQ lunch on Saturday as well as a private room reserved at a local seafood restaurant for dinner Saturday evening. Hope y...
Views: 249   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 10, 2012 11:05am
by bump
d
Diane
Buffalo Dog Shows
Hoping to get a dog transported from the Hamburg shows this weekend. If anyone is going from Long Island, NJ or CT areas & might be able to help, please email me!! Thanks
Views: 362   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 10, 2012 7:40am
by Diane
b
Bdr
Best suction device for whelping
Just wondering what others use for suction if needed. I have tried a baby suction bulb before and it doesn't seem to help. Any ideas? TIA
Views: 446   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 9, 2012 10:30pm
by Shelley
ring side drop off
Is it customary to pay if a show is cancelled b/c of a storm and a handler was going to show my dog with ringside pick up? No contract signed....just verbal.
Views: 640   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 9, 2012 5:15pm
by Handlers
Reaching For The Stars....
I was wondering if anyone knows where I could get a copy of "Reaching For The Stars" By Mary Roslin Williams? I am curious to read it but don't want to spend the $150 on Amazon :/ You can E-mail me if you know where I could get one :) Thanks!!!
Views: 738   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 9, 2012 2:26pm
by Rachael
Family dog: spay neuter, training, etc. articles
The current issue of Family Dog, meant largely for the pet person, has some good articles to point out to puppy people. One is on the pros and cons of early spay/neuter. Another is on indoor winter training, so that the dog obeys when a pill is dropped or visitors co...
Views: 312   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 9, 2012 2:17pm
by Charlotte K.
m
Maria
Tips for Swimming Pools
My pups will soon have the opportunity to swim regularly in a pool. I am looking for tips on pool maintenance with dogs. For instance, what is the best way to filter dog hair, best tempreture, and chlorine balance? Aside from teaching them where the steps are and...
Views: 653   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jan 8, 2012 4:46pm
by Don
Swimming Pools
Although I would prefer a Gunite or fiberglass pool, my budget(my wife)will only allow us to look at a in ground liner pool. The question for those who own one, would be how has having Labs affected your pool? Have you experienced the liner getting tears or holes fro...
Views: 720   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 8, 2012 4:42pm
by Don
Pet owner dog training books or DVDs recommendations?
I would like to start to give a training book or DVD to pup families. Any recommendations?
Views: 329   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 8, 2012 8:01am
by Carolyn
d
DebiR
Lab Cups
I have 2 old, very old Lab kind of insulated plastic mugs with a handle that are totally worn out. The picture on the cup/mug is of all 3 colors in a field setting. The picture is in between the plastic layers and has a golden hue to it. Has anyone seen these anywher...
Views: 609   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 8, 2012 1:21am
by El
g
Gassy
Older lab farts
My older girl (age 9 1/2) has the smelliest farts! Are there foods that can help this or do pro-biotics help? Looking for suggestions that have worked. TIA
Views: 421   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 7, 2012 4:20pm
by Labragas
When should a pup go into season?
My female pup is 7 months old and has not gone into heat yet, nor has shown any signs of going into heat. When do your females typically go into heat?
Views: 534   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jan 7, 2012 6:16am
by Hildur@Draumalan...
eating placentas
Please excuse the gross question but do you all allow moms to eat all the placentas, no matter what the size of the litter is?? Thanks in advance.
Views: 491   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 6, 2012 6:46pm
by C-Section
Merrimack Valley Kennel Club Dog Show
Hi All, For any of you entered in the shows in Fitchburg next weekend, anyone know if there is a change of judges for Monday? Wendy McNaughton is supposed to be judging, and while I hope, for her, that she is able to do so, I've heard some rumors that there has bee...
Views: 417   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 6, 2012 5:12pm
by Exhibitor 2
Heat cycle intervals
Just out of curiosity, what is the longest interval between heats that you have had a bitch cycle on regularly? I've got a 2 year old, who has had one heat, when she was 19 months old exactly a year ago tomorrow, and so far no signs of having another one any tim...
Views: 410   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 6, 2012 5:10pm
by Agree
Laprascopic / Ovariectomy versus Traditional Spay
Hi folks, I have a 7 year old bitch who had one litter last year/ needed a C-Section to remove the last 3 pups. I would like to hear about anyones experiences with Laprascopic Ovariectomy where they remove the ovaries but leave the Uterus intact/ versus Tradition...
Views: 385   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 6, 2012 1:31pm
by Wag the Dog (1)
b
Bdr
Assistance provided for low income families for animal care?
A no-kill shelter is opening in our area. They plan to offer reduced rates or even free medical care for pets of low income families who qualify. I can't decide how I feel about this. Why even own a pet if you can't afford to take care of it? No law saying you ha...
Views: 483   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 6, 2012 12:44am
by No.
c
CM
Dogs know what you're thinking....
Interesting article to check out: Another reason dogs rule: They know what you're thinking Crystal Knode says her Chesapeake Bay Retriever, Rachel, shown with her 15-year-old daughter, Rachel, watches the family closely and "she anticipates what is going to happe...
Views: 435   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 5, 2012 10:55pm
by LuvmyDog
Lactating bitch in trouble . Eclampsia, calcium deficiency or infection?
I have a bitch with 1-week old pups (9 taken c-section). Just now started shivering, temp was 104.2, lethargic. Talked to vet, started some Amoxi (1000 mg) and gave 800 mg of calcium (Tums). And she ate about 1/2 cup of vanilla ice cream. About 45 minutes later, s...
Views: 1955   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 4, 2012 1:14pm
by Jenny Mitchell
Pine shavings - Thank You!
Was out in the beautiful sun, raking, cleaning and just enjoying the sun today. I want to thank you for your suggestions on the pine shavings. I bought enough bags to cover the yard and it looks very nice and the dogs even seem to be happy just sitting there in the...
Views: 471   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 4, 2012 12:33pm
by NebwieABC
t
Tonya
Looking for Lawyer
Hi all, I am in need of a dog Lawyer, I am in Oregon. Any recomendations or suggestions would be great. Private messages welcome. Thank you.
Views: 757   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 4, 2012 11:16am
by Tonya
m
MWK
Missed breeding--a first for me
In 25 years I have not had a missed breeding. My veterinarian and others have told me I have been very fortunate. Well--I have my first miss. Just want to know if anyone has experienced a similar situation and what the problem was. Six-year old female, regular...
Views: 553   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 4, 2012 10:07am
by MWK
Ideal Calcium and Phosphorus food content for maintenance, pregnancy, and lactation?
The food I use and really like has Calcium 1.9% or 0.48g/100kcal and Phosphorus 1.3% or 0.33g/100kcal Does anyone know what ideal for maintenance, pregnancy, and lactation is? Thanks!
Views: 269   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 4, 2012 9:34am
by Kate Fulkerson, ...
Chucklebrook Lily of the Valley
Yesterday was a very sad one for us. Chucklebrook Lily of the Valley (Ch Cacao's Willey the Aristocrat x Ch Chucklebrook Mousefeathers) ended her long journey here with our family and crossed over the Rainbow Bridge at the ripe old age of 17 3/4 (and 2 days). Bred by...
Views: 860   Replies: 21
Last Post: Jan 4, 2012 8:08am
by Beth Volle
What do you use in place of an e-collar?
My Lab split his nail on New Year's Eve and had to have it cut off. After two days he's had the bandage removed but he now has to wear an e-collar, which he hates. Has anyone else had a good experience with a product designed to keep a dog from chewing/licking...
Views: 394   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 3, 2012 3:10pm
by Lin
How long does Giardia
Live in the environment?
Views: 358   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 3, 2012 2:43pm
by simply need heat
Calcipotriene toxicity
I have wanted to share this with you for a while …. I have plaque psoriasis (a skin disease in which red, scaly patches form due to increased production of skin cells on some areas of the body). I’ve been on various mediations to treat the problem, on...
Views: 441   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 3, 2012 1:57pm
by Francis
c
CaTy
Newbie Questions
Hi Everyone ~ Can someone tell me if a bait bag is allowed in the breed ring if your clothes do not have pockets? Also, do people tend to get as dressed up for a match as they do for a show? Thanks in advance!!!!!! Jen :)
Views: 552   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 3, 2012 12:00pm
by CaTy
Just wanted to say hi.
Happy New Year to all my friends who love our four legged friends, May our creator continue to bless you and your family. Happy New Year to all the Labrador breeders, may the Lord bless you all now and forever. Phil Aperocho
Views: 324   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 3, 2012 8:59am
by Phil Aperocho
Screening families question
Had a potential family phone "very interested" several days ago. Woman was quite dramatic which I attributed to having just lost their 12 year old Labrador. She kept explaining that he "had no faults" and was "perfect". Other than going on and on and on about past...
Views: 667   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jan 3, 2012 2:06am
by just listen
something that made me smile today
www.ted.com/talks/ze_frank_s_web_playroom.html
Views: 622   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 3, 2012 1:08am
by That's Okay
c
CM
Cracked/Broken Nail
How do you trim this without having a blood bath? TIA
Views: 374   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 2, 2012 10:26pm
by Barb
OFA will post Penn-Hip results
There has been talk about OFA verves Penn-Hip. Some people do not thinks that Penn-hip is a valid way to test hips as the results are unverifiable. I took the time and called OFA today I found that you can send the Penn-hip results in to OFA for them to become "P...
Views: 424   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 2, 2012 9:55pm
by Susan M
e
El
Spotlight Dogs
Wow! What a bang up line up of dogs. Just beautiful.
Views: 455   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 2, 2012 7:15pm
by Diane McClurg
Trainer wanted DC area
I will be having a puppy heading back east. Alexadria,Va Dc College Park.Area. Can anyone advise me on a private trainer.Or group classes this would be for the home obedience not for competition.Possibly an in home trainer as well. Please repy to the post or send...
Views: 332   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 2, 2012 6:06pm
by Diane W
e
Emily
Bitten again?
Is a under bite, over bite always genetic? Of the two which would you consider worse. Thank you-
Views: 485   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 2, 2012 9:14am
by Emily
Labrador Booth
CONGRATS to Sherrie Paskert for the beautiful job on the Labrador Meet The Breeds booth at the Invitational! WHOHOO! 1st place!!!!!!!
Views: 698   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jan 2, 2012 1:40am
by Deb H.
help!! problem with domain -traffic allowance
My dot easy website domain says : This website is currently unavailable due to exceeded traffic quota. Please visit again later. I went to my file manager, and I cannot view my traffic allowance, a screen pops up, and wants me to pay extra to get more space....
Views: 343   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 1, 2012 7:59pm
by CO
Hoosier Specialty - hotel
Any recommendations for hotels near Indiana State Fairgrounds? Would prefer one story, not too pricey. Thanks.
Views: 260   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 1, 2012 5:03pm
by another breeder
Semen Kits Boxes Toss Them?
Is there any value in the boxes that are used to ship semen in? There is no equipment just Styrofoam. I don't know whether to toss them or what???
Views: 470   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 1, 2012 3:00pm
by Tiffany
Dog/House sitting
I am meeting someone next week about pet sitting - He has one dog, and travels on business 2-3 days at a time - prefers that I stay at the house, but is open to the dog coming to my house. What would be a reasonable fee to charge? I am in New England....
Views: 464   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 1, 2012 10:13am
by pet sitting and ...
May Specialties
Does anyone from Pioneer Valley or Miami Valley know their judges for their 2012 Specialties?
Views: 453   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 31, 2011 5:18pm
by exhibitor
Finding Majors
It seems we are finding fewer majors in Labs, at least in the part of the country where I show(southern California and adjacent states). This fall some of the shows we used to count on for majors weren't. And now Palm Springs, which has always been a major as long...
Views: 527   Replies: 10
Last Post: Dec 31, 2011 5:03pm
by Kate
Munchausen's By Proxy
I am wondering if any of you have experience with this in any of your puppy buyers over the years. These would be the owners that bring their dogs in for everything and anything even if there is not necessarily something wrong with the dog, or those that after being...
Views: 921   Replies: 19
Last Post: Dec 31, 2011 11:14am
by Kate Fulkerson, ...
Cleft Palates
I have a puppy that is 3.5 weeks old that has what I would call a minor cleft palate. He has a small hole in front and a bigger one in back soft tissue. He is thriving at 4 lbs 6 oz considering he was 12.6 oz at his lowest down from 14.7 oz at birth. I have been...
Views: 691   Replies: 14
Last Post: Dec 31, 2011 11:06am
by Jean-Louis
New AKC Best in Show For Owner Handlers
This just came form an all breed club I belong to thought some of you might be interested. Sounds pretty cool. Dear Owner/Handler, The American Kennel Club, in cooperation with a number of Kennel Clubs around the country, is offering a new competition aimed at...
Views: 1225   Replies: 34
Last Post: Dec 31, 2011 10:57am
by Whiskey Creek Go...
Male puppy feeding
How much would you say the average active male puppy eat around 5 months old? My puppy is big boned and eating 5 cups a day, but still seems a bit thin. He is on proplan. TIA
Views: 555   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 31, 2011 7:58am
by Sighttosea
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Free Forum powered by Bravenet