Start a New Topic 
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
MVLRC closes 4/18
Don't forget that Miami Valley closes this Wednesday, April 18th. You can overnight entries or use Entries on Time at 1-800-992-8955.
Views: 225   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 16, 2012 3:39pm
by Chris Carroll
n
no FB
Potomac results
Any news from today?
Views: 1176   Replies: 13
Last Post: Apr 16, 2012 3:13pm
by Leslee Pope
Hunting/ show lines
Hi am inquiring about stud dogs that are known for producing good hunting instinct in their offspring. I have a show bred bitch with her WC/JH and have tried breeding to two different boys also with WC/JH and the pups just aren't birdy. Dam is very birdy! So......
Views: 459   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 16, 2012 12:22pm
by Hooray for CH/MH...
Harrisburg?
Any results from the two Harrisburg shows? Thanks
Views: 278   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 16, 2012 9:36am
by Breeder
d
DebiR
Weather - How is everyone?
With the bad weather across the nations mid-west over the weekend - I wanted to check on everyone. Hope you all made it thru the weekend. Thank God for the early warnings the weather service put out. It went around Kansas City, whew! A week earlier alot of us were th...
Views: 256   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 16, 2012 7:07am
by DebiR
LRCPV Specialty May 11, 12
http://www.infodog.com/clubs/2012298901.htm Hi all, I am hearing not everyone received our premium in the mail. Above is the infodog link. Please email me privately if you normally receive the premium and have not. I will compile a list to bring to MBF's attentio...
Views: 329   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 15, 2012 9:56pm
by Annmarie
b
byc
stewarding
I was curious if anyone knew why the steward was following the judge, Mrs. Prior today at Potomac (a.m.) There were many around me inquiring, and all I know is that in the AKC rulebook it states..."stewards should keep in mind that they have been selected to help the...
Views: 492   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 15, 2012 12:42pm
by JMO
Favorite Slip Leads for Showing?
Hi all! I have almost always used snake chains combined with a snap or loop lead for showing, but I've had the opportunity to try out a couple of slip leads and now I'm finding I'm liking them more and more. They just seem more adjustable & giving. So, I've been l...
Views: 373   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 15, 2012 7:10am
by Nancy Boyle
Tax question
Question: A bitch whelps puppies in Jan of 2012 but some of the breeding expenses like progesterone testing, stud fee, surgical implant etc. are done about 2 months earlier in 2011. Can these expenses be used on a 2012 income tax filing (filed in 2013) for the Jan 20...
Views: 605   Replies: 19
Last Post: Apr 14, 2012 4:54pm
by hobby breeder
select dog/bitch
What does it mean to be a select dog or bitch at Potomac (or any other show)? How does it differ from getting a JAM?
Views: 569   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 14, 2012 4:41pm
by Breeder
fox red
I am looking for a nice well bred red fox red stud dog to breed to one of my girls something like a gorgoeus fox red dog from the past- Tobasco
Views: 985   Replies: 24
Last Post: Apr 14, 2012 9:00am
by Breeder
Keystone LRC Supported Entry May 5th at Bucks County KC (PA)
Keystone LRC is proud to announce our supported entry at Bucks County KC in Erwinna PA! ENTRIES CLOSE APRIL 18TH Judges: Diane Pilbin ,Chucklebrook (Regular Classes) Lori Rudy, Amberlyn (Sweeps and Veteran Sweeps) Show Chair: Katie Clemmer, k...
Views: 412   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 14, 2012 8:53am
by Keystone LRC
Potomac Raffle 2012
Fellow Labrador Enthusiasts, April is quickly approaching and before you know it Potomac will be here! I am writing today to request that you please consider making a small donation to the LRCP raffle table. Anything you may offer would be a generous gift towards...
Views: 773   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 14, 2012 7:54am
by Christina T
n
Pedigree Research/Knowing your lines
How do you research the lines behind your dogs? People always talk about "knowing their lines", how does one get to know them? What questions do you ask? Who do you talk to? I know about researching the datebases, OFFA, CERF, etc., but I know there is mor...
Views: 590   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 13, 2012 6:39pm
by Newbie
Rescued piglet befriends dog
Updated: Monday, 09 Apr 2012, 6:00 PM EDT Published : Monday, 09 Apr 2012, 7:59 AM EDT (FOX 25 / MyFoxBoston.com) - It is definitely an odd couple, but a cute one. A dog and a piglet are real life best friends. Hunter and Mu Shu met when the piglet fell out of a l...
Views: 247   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 13, 2012 12:16pm
by NewbieABC
s
Sonya
2012 Potomac Results Page
Just an F.Y.I if anyone is interested here is the link to the "hopefully" live results page for this years Potomac http://www.infodog.com/RESULTS/2012156201/201215620113200.HTM
Views: 1461   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 13, 2012 2:53am
by beep beep
Front Elbow Surgery and Breeder Concerns -- Postscript
Thanks to all who responded ... seems I hit on a sensitive topic and with a range of responses. To clarify based on many questions and thoughts received follows ... My only intent by posting, and at the recommendation of another breeder who has similar concer...
Views: 910   Replies: 11
Last Post: Apr 12, 2012 2:27pm
by Honesty
cancer news: epstein-barr-virus infects-and-may-cause-tumors in dogs
Interesting and with huge implications. We already knew that the model for a transmissible tumor was in dogs. This is a case of a virus being transmitted possibly from people to dogs, and possibly causing tumors such as lymphoma in dogs. I received this link from ano...
Views: 343   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 12, 2012 1:39pm
by CM
Epilepsy research - updated 2/23/12
It has been a long time! But, this week I spoke to Liz Hansen for an update on the current status of their research. Liz said, of all the diseases that are currently being looked at, epilepsy is the one she is most passionate about. That always encourages me!...
Views: 748   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 12, 2012 8:31am
by breeder
k
Kay
Potomac Obedience Results
Is there a link to the results for Obedience for Potomac. Thank You Kay
Views: 317   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 11, 2012 8:58pm
by Kay
Dallas Specialty
Thanks to all the members of the DFLRC for hosting a great show and making it a fun weekend!
Views: 257   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 11, 2012 6:56am
by Sherry L. Anders...
Potomac Best In Match! Congrats!!
Congrats to Casadra Barrett and Boots !!! Her CK Boots Are Made For Walking was Best In Match at Potomac!!!! (Ch. Forsythe's Playboy X Ch. CK Walk This Way) Heffie is Proud! So am I !!
Views: 738   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 10, 2012 5:41pm
by Jane
Miami Valley Specialties
Don't forget that Miami Valley closes on APRIL 18th. Gail Shearer will have entry forms and premium lists at Potomac.
Views: 254   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 10, 2012 11:52am
by Chris Carroll
r
RH
SUV VS Van
Looking to trade in my grand caravan for a smaller more economical vehicle. Usually only have one dog, maybe two. Possibly looking at a Toyota RAV4?? Any advice before I start looking and measuring? Thanks!
Views: 509   Replies: 11
Last Post: Apr 9, 2012 4:43pm
by Peggy Stevens
NEW BISS Ch./SH
Allow me to share with you my good news! Noah has a few new initials on the end of his name! ~SH~ BISS Ch. Sher-Mi Front Runner, SH He finished up in style w/ a double header this weekend! Woot!
Views: 788   Replies: 18
Last Post: Apr 9, 2012 8:32am
by Linda@Staghorn
Taste of The Wild-HELP
Should a 6 month old puppy be on Taste of the Wild dog food. I am keeping a pet pup for a week. Food stunk, puppy skinny. 10 lbs I would say lighter than mine. Pup has way more energy than any of mine ? Could someone feed in on any of this. I will listen.
Views: 609   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 8, 2012 11:11am
by maybe
Discussion: Litter Evaluations
When you are evaluating your litters, what qualities have you found to be of the utmost importance? Are you more forgiving for some structure flaws in favor of a more appealing temperament? Are you more forgiving of temperament (I don't mean a bad temperament, just...
Views: 756   Replies: 10
Last Post: Apr 8, 2012 10:56am
by Performance
Panacur side effects?
My 20 month old boy had his first dose of Panacur suspension yesterday. Both this morning and this evening, he ate very little food. He's had his second dose and will get his third tomorrow. Except for being off his food, he seems happy. Has anyone experienced th...
Views: 965   Replies: 9
Last Post: Apr 8, 2012 9:09am
by if your going to...
opaque discharge from newly bred girl
off to the vets this morning for a CBC. I notices a pus looking discharge last night from a girl who was bred 2 1/2 weeks ago. not happy about this, doesn't seem normal. any other thoughts to take in to the vets with me?
Views: 347   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 8, 2012 8:45am
by Breeder
Reproductive and Veterinary Services at Potomac
For those of you who may not know, I will be bringing my Vet Hospital on wheels to Potomac. We are offering a hip and elbow clinic on site but are able to offer other services as well, including ultrasounds, international health certificates, progesterones, breeding...
Views: 573   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 8, 2012 12:58am
by Gail Shearer
Police dog
I have a question. A friend of mine has recently acquired a stray Labrador. He's a beautiful boy, found near a creek out in the woods. There was an accident and the tow driver who came to pull the vehicle out of the creek saw a purebred Labrador just wandering around...
Views: 479   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 7, 2012 8:38pm
by Charleen
Repro vet in Frederick?
I'm headed down tomorrow w/ a girl who may need a progesterone test on Saturday. Anyone know a repro vet in the area that is open on Saturday? Thanks!
Views: 385   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 7, 2012 8:37am
by On Site
Bad stuff going around on the East coast?
Is there a bad stomach bug going around now? Don't really want to pick up something horrible at Potomac!
Views: 842   Replies: 8
Last Post: Apr 7, 2012 7:38am
by ...
DFW Results?
Other than tornados, does anyone know how the shows went in the big D?
Views: 258   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 7, 2012 3:11am
by Breeder
Diamond Naturals Lamb & Rice - dog food recall
http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2012/04/diamond-naturals-dog-food-variety-recalled/
Views: 415   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 7, 2012 3:08am
by Jerry
Secondary Uterine Inertia...Hereditary or not?
I can't find anything online or anywhere else offering articles on the possibility that secondary uterine inertia could have a genetic link. I'm just curious as to what you all think about this, could it be or no? I've found it suggested that primary UI may have a...
Views: 596   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 6, 2012 5:48pm
by BDR
m
me
Lymphoma advances and costs in dogs
NY Times is covering new treatment for lymphoma in dogs. The increased costs for new, more succesful treaments are discussed. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/06/us/new-treatments-to-save-a-pet-but-questions-about-the-costs.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all
Views: 260   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 6, 2012 5:31pm
by me
The Humane Society's Rotten Eggs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT0ucv6VR5g&feature=share Pass this to everyone you know!
Views: 357   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 6, 2012 1:27pm
by breeder
h
Hungry
Diamond Dog food-Extreme Athlete?
Does anyone have any good/bad advice or comments about feeding their dogs Diamond Dog Food the Extreme Athlete formula? We are looking to try something different and this was on the list. Not quite as known as some others, wanted to see if anyone out there uses it. TIA
Views: 478   Replies: 11
Last Post: Apr 6, 2012 11:17am
by A Fan
Co-Ownership Considerations
Looking to do a co-ownership on a dog with a fellow dog person. What things should be discussed, written about in a contract? I wouldn't be considering it if the person wasn't a fellow dog person with similar goals. TIA!
Views: 994   Replies: 28
Last Post: Apr 6, 2012 10:26am
by Brdr X
There is still one Gala Table available at Potomac
go to website for more information on this subject http://lrcp.com/specialty.shtml#7
Views: 343   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 6, 2012 1:19am
by me too
THERE ARE ROOMS AVAILABLE AT HOST HOTEL
(301) 694-7500 ask for Susie
Views: 569   Replies: 9
Last Post: Apr 5, 2012 6:27pm
by Sheila
j
Johnny
Potomac Numbers
Entry numbers for the 2012 Specialty are posted on the LRCP's website. WOW!
Views: 1290   Replies: 30
Last Post: Apr 5, 2012 10:11am
by Anne
l
Lucy
Texas tornados
What horrifying news - these to Texas tornados. Are you Texas folk ok? How about the specialty site? I hope all's ok.
Views: 287   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 5, 2012 9:44am
by Lucy
s
Swim
Chill 10
I searched the archives and noted some of you talked about liking and having great luck with chill 10. I've always used only chill 5 with great luck always but I'm in a pickle and going to be gone when they need it so it's going to have to be chill 10 for the longer...
Views: 559   Replies: 14
Last Post: Apr 5, 2012 2:27am
by Luck
Champion /Master Hunter wins back to back groups!!
Well Buzz just can't be any prouder of his kids!! First ,Salty Dog winning the breed at crufts...........now....AKC GrCh/UKC Ch Viking Hil'Die Tanzbarin, MH, RA,WCX just won back to back Group 1's in Syracuse!! We are checking the records but Hildi is probably the...
Views: 899   Replies: 23
Last Post: Apr 4, 2012 2:18pm
by Denise
Potomac Judging Schedule
http://www.infodog.com/jps/5040/jpg5040.pdf
Views: 340   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 4, 2012 12:58pm
by packing
Interesting in Frederick, MD
For those of you interested in public art, there is an artist named William Cochran who has done some amazing trompe l'oeil painting on walls in Frederick, MD. Especially amazing is the Community Bridge that spans Carroll Creek that runs through the center of Freder...
Views: 641   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 4, 2012 10:34am
by BDR
UBAVET glucosomine hcl
Any thoughts negative or positive about UBAVET glucomamine. TIA
Views: 259   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 4, 2012 8:54am
by CM
f
FYI
Black Lab female found - post from Showdogs-L
FOUND Black Labrador near Maple Plain, MN. A friend of our family found and took a black lab that was hit on Hwy 12 in Maple Plain (front of Olson's Market) yesterday to Long Lake Vet in Long Lake. Female about 5 years old and is just bruised, all black, no collar...
Views: 432   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 4, 2012 8:11am
by Breeder
l
LRCP
Views: 451   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 3, 2012 9:59pm
by huh?
Classes at shows (Potomac inspired)
Just curious --- I've always been led to believe that Bred By is the most prestigious class to win from, so the Bred By classes for Potomac are smaller than I'd expect. Am I wrong about Bred By's importance? Along the same line, is their any "meritocracy" to the...
Views: 493   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 3, 2012 4:57pm
by It Depends
New Point Schedule effective May 16th
Hi, I know that there was discussion last week about the point schedule. Just got the link below from our AKC rep. You have to go almost to the end of the document, but I promise it is there. Note the changes in the divisions as well as the points. https:...
Views: 518   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 3, 2012 1:03pm
by Sharlene
DFWLRC - Room rates - tomorrow is the last day for reservations...
The DFWLRC has a block of 25 rooms at The LaQuinta Inn & Suites in Denton, TX. They have given the club a rate of $75 per night for a King room and a rate of $80 for the Standard Two Queen room. This includes: a complimentary hot breakfast (eggs, sausage/bacon, pl...
Views: 227   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 2, 2012 6:36pm
by What a differenc...
TEST for Inherited Retinal Dysplasia/OSD
Can anyone tell me if they have done this test w/ Optigen when they had a dog who was diagnosed w/ retinal folds? I have no experience w/ folds and have just learned about them and this test.
Views: 588   Replies: 13
Last Post: Apr 2, 2012 5:54pm
by Stumped
Potomac Blues
Anybody else have the Potomac Blues because they aren't going to make it this year
Views: 952   Replies: 14
Last Post: Apr 1, 2012 5:20pm
by Show Dogs
10th Anniversary Specialty - River City Labrador Enthusiasts
Come and join us in Friendly Manitoba for the 1st Labrador Specialty of 2012 in Canada! The River City Labrador Enthusiasts in Winnipeg, Manitoba is proud to host their 10th Anniversary Specialty Show! When: Saturday May 12,2012 Where: Century Arena - 137...
Views: 260   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 1, 2012 5:02pm
by Michelle
"Sloan"
Jill and Beverley, So sorry for the loss of your very dear friend~"Sloan". Thank you for sharing his story with us.......... special indeed.
Views: 1127   Replies: 16
Last Post: Apr 1, 2012 1:17pm
by Beverley
h
Huh?
Pink footpads, black puppy
Although this is my first litter, I have never seen or heard of this before, I am baffled. I have a black female newborn puppy here with bolo markings on her feet, but all of her footpads are pink too. When I look up "bolo markings" or "bolo pads" on the internet,...
Views: 546   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 1, 2012 1:00pm
by Tina @ Tyric
a
Anne
Don't forget Flea & Tick Apps before Potomac
We have had ticks year round here, especially with the extra mild winter. For those of you who wouldn't normally think of it, you may want to treat your dogs before Potomac
Views: 451   Replies: 13
Last Post: Apr 1, 2012 12:25pm
by valwhalen
Platinum dog food
Has anyone tried this brand of dog food? TIA
Views: 204   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 31, 2012 8:13pm
by Anyone?
Trenton KC Show - May 6th
Mrs. Cheryl Myers-Egerton, a Canadian judge, is scheduled to judge labs at the Trenton KC show -- anyone have any experience with her? There's no show history for her in MB-F.
Views: 226   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 31, 2012 5:03pm
by Just Wondering
Dog food from the vet - High mark up?
Looking for inside scoop. Is there a high mark up on food from the vet? I was recommended a high fiber weigh loss from the vet. Have not found such a thing that I like the ingredients from a local store. Any help appreciated.
Views: 412   Replies: 10
Last Post: Mar 31, 2012 4:34pm
by Show Dogs
b
BRDR
Can dogs catch humans' stomach flu?
I have a 12 week old pup who started with diarrhea on Wednesday, now is vomitting. Of course we'll go in to the vet tomorrow. But I had the stomach flu last Saturday, my whole family had it on Thursday. Pup is acting just like we did when sick - diarrhea, vomitting...
Views: 415   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 31, 2012 3:12pm
by Show Dogs
b
BarbS
Good article on crating dogs from Psychology today
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.psychologytoday.com%2Fblog%2Fcanine-corner%2F201203%2Fthe-politics-pet-dogs-and-kennel-crates&h=mAQEdGQFw
Views: 522   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 30, 2012 8:10pm
by thanks
Potomac entry breakdown is up!
On Infodog. 870 Dogs entered in conformation.
Views: 489   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 30, 2012 5:26pm
by good stuff
Judges
Has anyone ever showed under Col. Jerry Weiss or Ms. Cindy Partridge? Was thinking of entering my boy in a show and they would be the two judging Labradors, so just thought I'd ask about their likes/dislikes, tooth fairy or not, etc. Thanks in advance!
Views: 754   Replies: 10
Last Post: Mar 30, 2012 1:30pm
by Breeder
j
Joan
Yikes!!!!!!!
http://www.dogster.com/the-scoop/groundbreaking-court-ruling-takes-dogs-beyond-property-status-major-pet-industry-groups-not-happy Or TINY: http://tinyurl.com/6ufxzod
Views: 775   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 30, 2012 8:31am
by Very Sad
Dog Food Discussion #630
Everyone is talking about %Protein vs %Fat. Does anyone know what they really mean? Is it percentage based on weight? Based on Calories? Based on volume? What is it. Does it really make that much difference then? Let the flames begin.
Views: 710   Replies: 18
Last Post: Mar 30, 2012 2:33am
by Curious
Judges Education at Potomac update
We have reached our capacity and officially closed the afternoon "hands-on" session of judges education at Potomac on Monday. There is still plenty of room for the morning power point session and Tuesday's ringside mentoring. This seminar is for judges and those plan...
Views: 402   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 29, 2012 10:00pm
by Just me
Need help with nursing mother in rescue
I am not a breeder, but I am trying to help a nursing mother that I am fostering for rescue. I have had her for almost a week. She is a 13 pound daschund mix with one 4-week-old baby. She's a great mom and her baby is fat as a tick having the whole milk bar to him...
Views: 470   Replies: 10
Last Post: Mar 29, 2012 5:39pm
by Charlotte K.
Potomac LRC Speciality
Potomac Health Clinics - How do you sign up for them?
Views: 606   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 28, 2012 6:22pm
by LRCP
a
Anon
Temperment in Keepers
How much does temperment figure into who you keep from your litters? If you have pups that are all basically on par with each other, do you use temperment as the deciding factor? Meaning they all have nice temperments, just different as individuals go. TIA!
Views: 793   Replies: 12
Last Post: Mar 28, 2012 3:45pm
by Had puppy fearfu...
Patomac Sharing Shuttle
Hi I am looking for someone to share a shuttle with from BWI on April 8th . The cost of the shuttle is $78.00. I arrive at 4:09 p.m. Call me at 360-985-2007 or facebook me.
Views: 269   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 28, 2012 1:45pm
by Mary Little
Food for thought!
This is just MY observation, and no responses are neccessary. I can't understand why everytime Potomac is mentioned the posts become disparaging. Every club takes on a big undertaking when they put on a Specialty Show. It takes MANY volunteers, who BTW have regular j...
Views: 396   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 28, 2012 10:15am
by BarbS
b
BarbS
SCOTUS to decide on drug sniffing dogs
Not earth shattering but of interest to law enforecement at least: http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/courts_law/justices-to-decide-whether-detailed-proof-needed-in-court-on-drug-dogs-effectiveness/2012/03/26/gIQAjiR4bS_story.html
Views: 248   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 28, 2012 10:12am
by BarbS
l
LRCP
POTOMAC ENTRIES CLOSE THIS WEDS.
Take a last look and enter your dogs!!
Views: 322   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 28, 2012 6:54am
by Steve
Rick Santorum article in Forbes magazine.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/frankminiter/2012/03/13/is-rick-santorum-a-closet-animal-rights-activist/ This is an article reminding us of Rick Santorum's political bedfellows. Remember how incensed we were over this potential law. Please remember this when you vote...
Views: 636   Replies: 10
Last Post: Mar 27, 2012 9:30pm
by BRDR
l
LRCP
New link for Cerf exams at Potomac
For those of you who are thinking about the CERF Clinic on 4/10 from 2pm-5pm. There is now a link to sign up/Pay on the website http://lrcp.com/specialty.shtml
Views: 196   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 27, 2012 6:51pm
by LRCP
Service Dog Orgnizations
Has anyone worked with a reputable service dog organization in the Southwest (Texas) region that they can recommend? Whether it be a donation or training. Thanks for your input. I've included my email
Views: 314   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 27, 2012 1:01pm
by NewbieABC
l
lurker
Views: 441   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 27, 2012 12:29pm
by Kim/Pirate
Stud dog or not ?
Years ago we didn't call a male a stud dog until he had a litter. These days all males seem to be stud dogs ? What happened to being proven ? Just thinking.
Views: 739   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 27, 2012 11:41am
by Breeder
OT-Dogue De Bordeaux, looking for info
Hi- does anyone know any DDB breeders or exhibitors? I am looking for some info from knowledgeable sources. Private emails are fine.
Views: 331   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 27, 2012 9:00am
by CM
d
Deb
new points schedule for 2012 - where to find it?
Where can I see the new 2012 points schedule? TIA!
Views: 392   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 27, 2012 8:13am
by Breeder
d
Diane
Prednisone Side Effect?
Have a 7 year girl that has been on Prednisone for about 5 weeks. She was dx'd as having autoimmune disease. We have been slowly decreasing her doseage but I noticed tonight that she is developing blisters on her eyelids. Is this or could this be a side effect fro...
Views: 613   Replies: 22
Last Post: Mar 26, 2012 8:43pm
by Melody Losea
Re: Sat. Mid Jersey Supported Specialty Results
Manolo judging: Winner's Dog/Best of Winners Dostoff's Black Tie Affair Winner's Bitch Kimleigh One Step At A Time Best Puppy - pretty black puppy from the 6 - 9 owned by Tina Barks sorry, that's all I can remember. hopefully someone can fill in the gaps.
Views: 718   Replies: 11
Last Post: Mar 26, 2012 6:27pm
by Breeder
Right on the Facebook wall
http://riverbendlabradoodles.com/guardian-program.html What a scam! I am so tired of some FB advertising. I do click not to show certain advertising again and why. They don't screen their advertisers well enough.
Views: 1054   Replies: 17
Last Post: Mar 26, 2012 5:37pm
by really
"Belief" in Dog shows
I spoke to a lady yesterday who use to breed. I told her how I showed my dogs and she said "I don't believe in showing" So it got me to thinking are there others out there who just do not show in conformation? I just thought it was a taken that if you were to breed y...
Views: 1911   Replies: 64
Last Post: Mar 26, 2012 4:54pm
by Juan
AKC Online Litter Registration
A quick understanding... I sold a puppy 2 1/2 years ago. I am not sure if I was on as co-owner. I do not have a copy of the Registration. I am second guessing myself right now, as I may not have checked off Limited Registration. I just rec'd an email from AKC...
Views: 640   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 26, 2012 10:16am
by me
Potomac roomate wanted
I want a roomie for Potomac---have a room at host hotel Sunday to Saturday---Non-Smoker--no drama, just easy going Lab lover.
Views: 358   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 25, 2012 9:32pm
by Marianne Roussea...
b
BRDR
Anyone use Revolution?
Does anyone use Revolution, if so does it really take care of Heartworm, AND fleas AND ticks? Would love to hear from someone who has used it for several years.
Views: 340   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 25, 2012 10:43am
by Charlotte K.
a
Anne
Potomac Catalogs
There are no pre-paid catalogs this year at Potomac. The catalogs will be on sale at the show each day, starting an hour before judging. They are 20$. Anyone who has placed an Ad in the catalog will pick theirs up with no additional charge. There will be catalogs ava...
Views: 288   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 25, 2012 10:37am
by LRCP Show Comm.
LRCP PUPPY MATCH- JUDGE CHANGE
Due to having puppies at the time of Potomac, Gunilla EK, who was originally supposed to be one of the judges had to cancel. Luckily, Nancy Farquharson (Finnonlach), from Scotland has agreed to step in and judge in Gunilla's place. THANK YOU Nancy. Should be a good t...
Views: 349   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 25, 2012 10:33am
by LRCP Show Comm.
New Brunswick KC Show
If anyone knows any reults from todays show could you please be so kind to share? Rau has the show so results won't be posted for a while and I don't follow Facebook for results. Thanks in advance.
Views: 614   Replies: 9
Last Post: Mar 24, 2012 9:42pm
by good sport?
Acana Dog Food
Anyone use Acana Dog Food? Like it or not? Would like some feedback before I try it with my guys. Thanks for taking the time to respond.
Views: 506   Replies: 13
Last Post: Mar 24, 2012 8:10pm
by me
JSLRC Invites You - Program On Anesthesia
JSLRC Invites You - Program On Anesthesia To join us on March 28th at 8:30 p.m. for an informative program on: "Anesthesia and proper procedure, etc." Presented by: Dr. Ken Leal from Blairstown Animal Hospital We will be serving pizza so if you plan to...
Views: 285   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 24, 2012 12:37pm
by Bumpety
Rooms are available at the host hotel. Move fast!
Priceline has available rooms anywhere from April 9 thru 14 at the host hotel! I have never seen availability this far off from the date of The Potomac. A few usually open up 1, 2 or 3 days before the show but not over 2 weeks before. Usually Susie gets $200 to $22...
Views: 666   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 24, 2012 3:56am
by Potomac rooms
Unenthusiastic eater
I have a 15 week old male who is just not into his kibble. No change in food, time of eating or any extras added to the kibble. He's eating twice a day now. I've tried picking it up after 5 minutes and not feeding him until his next scheduled feeding but it makes no...
Views: 528   Replies: 16
Last Post: Mar 24, 2012 1:32am
by foodie too
Potomac Entry Question
Question: If a dog is eligible to be entered in Hunting Retriever, which is listed as a non-regular class, does that dog also need to be entered in a regular class? Thank you in advance.
Views: 307   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 23, 2012 8:02pm
by Potomac Entry Qu...
California After Potomac?
I know this is a long shot however I am trying to get a ride for 1 or 2 of my dogs back from Potomac to Sacramento area after Potomac. My daughter-in-law has moved back to CA and I need to get her 2 Labs to her and I hate flying them. If anyone is driving back after...
Views: 354   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 23, 2012 4:23pm
by Lois@Majestx
b
BarbS
What the HSUS is really up to - A video
Very well done and to the point: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UovSOAgI8Ck&feature=share
Views: 504   Replies: 17
Last Post: Mar 23, 2012 4:12pm
by BarbS
This is not about a Labrador - but it is a good story - Girl's best friend is dog who carries her ox
http://todayhealth.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/21/10780622-girls-best-friend-is-dog-who-carries-her-oxygen Girl's best friend is dog who carries her oxygen By Linda Carroll Two years ago Aaron and Debbie Knobloch learned that their baby daughter Alida w...
Views: 328   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 23, 2012 12:16pm
by Smiles
Charlie Gamble: 1942-2012
For those who knew my husband of 33 years, Charlie passed this morning. We will miss his warped sense of humor and easy smile. Godspeed.
Views: 1126   Replies: 40
Last Post: Mar 23, 2012 7:02am
by Diane McClurg
2010 Transit Connect
I know this is not a "for sale" board, but thought I would pass along that I am planning to sell my Ford Transit Connect due to recent family changes. It is a White 2010 Wagon model (windows in the sliding side doors and a back seat)with 19,000 miles. It will hold up...
Views: 411   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 21, 2012 5:38pm
by Maureen Gamble
Best breeding dates
Ok All. Give me the best days to breed please. Progesterone levels: Day 8 0.4, Day 10 2.3, Day 12 7.4. Breeding dates anyone??? I did get a breeding in once yesterday pm, when should the next be? TIA
Views: 405   Replies: 9
Last Post: Mar 20, 2012 10:40pm
by breeding
Cheapest/best flea and tick control
I've always purchased Frontline from my vet. Wonder what others use and where you get it. I have several pups I am keeping and Frontline is so pricey - is there anything else that works well and is less expensive?
Views: 373   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 20, 2012 9:39pm
by Travis
Am I to late?
On day 12 (3/12) with a p.m. draw, my girl was a 3.3. She was retested on 3/15 p.m. and the result the next day was a 11.1. The stud dog was going nuts on 3/15 and I did an AI just in case. I got only 3cc of sperm and no 3rd fraction. I did not have extender to ad...
Views: 689   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 20, 2012 5:56pm
by wondering
DFWLRC Entries Close Tomorrow (03/21)
Hope to see you there!!! April 6th: Mr. Maurice Givan - Regular & Non-Regular Classes Mr. Fabian Negron - Puppy & Veteran Sweepstakes Mrs. Patricia Gannon - Regular & Non-Regular Obedience Classes, All Regular Rally Classes Ms. Anne Barlow - Junior Showmanship...
Views: 202   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 20, 2012 4:04pm
by Candice Moore
Pro Pac Dog Food
Is anyone currently using Pro Pac? I've been using Pro Plan Performance but I'm not thrilled with the results. Looking into the Puppy Performance and High Performance formulas of Pro Pac. Thanks!!
Views: 261   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 20, 2012 12:46pm
by Hildur@Draumalan...
Lynn Zavalick (Talmarc) has passed away
Sad News - Lynn Zavalick (Talmarc) has passed away on February 1. Lynn was originally born and raised in NY, but lived in Florida for the last 26 years. She was only 63. Although not active recently, Lynn was very involved in Labs until the last 7 years. She was mos...
Views: 882   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 20, 2012 11:34am
by sampson labs
Judge Question
What are the requirements to become a judge for sweepstakes? Is there a test or something you have to do to qualify? I'd love to do it :)
Views: 543   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 20, 2012 11:14am
by me
Re: MJLRC Match April 1, 2012
Just a reminder that the Mid Jersey Labrador Retriever Club is having our upcoming match on Sunday, April 1 2012 at Mine Brook Park in Flemington NJ. We are offering breed, obedience and rally. We will have plenty of food and drinks for breakfast and lunch (for a...
Views: 417   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 20, 2012 9:31am
by Heidi
Potomac Trivia Night
Okay guys, we only have three weeks left. I will be hosting the Trivia Night at the Potomac Specialty on Tuesday Evening. So I am asking everyone to start putting together your teams to participate in this year's contest which will be bigger and better than ever...
Views: 287   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 19, 2012 4:16pm
by Tony Ciprian
Rhasodie Blue
Does anyone know what his injury was that prevented him from finishing?
Views: 538   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 19, 2012 9:49am
by AnnaH
How to
best critique a dog when asked? You see judges asked to critique their placements and winners. Some go into detail others are more generic with their spoken words. So how and what is best way to critique a dog before you?
Views: 483   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 19, 2012 12:08am
by JoJo
York Results?
Just wondering if anyone knows any results from the York, PA shows this past week? I have checked online...Rau usually takes awhile to post results. Thanks
Views: 221   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 19, 2012 12:07am
by Wondering.....
d
deb
looking for roommate
i have a room 10 mins from show site & would be willing to have a female roommate. Room is dog friendly & would only cost approx $35/night. please email me if interested.
Views: 338   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 18, 2012 10:14pm
by deb
b
BarbS
PUPS BILL in congress now!!
NAIA information: http://capwiz.com/naiatrust/issues/alert/?alertid=61101506&queueid=[capwiz:queue_id]
Views: 378   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 18, 2012 8:41pm
by rescue Mom
Puppy bites
I have a four month old puppy, that as an eight week old had a good bite. Now at four months, has an overbite. Will this level back out to a correct bite? This is ky first experience with an incorrect bite.
Views: 376   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 17, 2012 11:56pm
by Stay calm
Just curious how many times the average stud dog gets used
Average boy - AKC champion, maybe some nice specialty placements and wins., all clearances, etc.. How many times is the average boy used in the course of his lifetime? I'm not talking about Travis/Gordy/Arnold type numbers, just the average breeder's nice boy. Is...
Views: 1410   Replies: 43
Last Post: Mar 17, 2012 9:26pm
by Reader
s
Sth
Looking for an OFA veterinarian in NC
Can anyone know of a good OFA veterinarian in Western NC. I live in Eastern TN. Thanks for any help.
Views: 230   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 17, 2012 7:58pm
by Help her
g
Gail R
Ch. Kupros Sparticus
Has anybody got any pictures of him? I realize he has been gone a long time, but I thought I'd try.
Views: 634   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 17, 2012 5:05pm
by Gail R
j
Joanne
San Joaquin Results in yet
Any results from San Joaquin yet?
Views: 410   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 17, 2012 1:03am
by Partial results ...
c
CCK
Puppy mills, etc
Puppy mills, pet stores and commercial breeders are in the business of selling dogs. Their primary concern is the profit they can make on each sale. Puppy millers also broker dogs bred by others and then sell them to pet stores, other puppy mills or to unsuspecting...
Views: 453   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 16, 2012 11:13pm
by Hayley
r
Russ
International Genetics
Has anyone used InGen or International Genetics to test for PRA and EIC. I have always used Optigen, however the price difference is significant. Anyone used both to test a dog?
Views: 390   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 16, 2012 8:42pm
by Breeder
Neat link
Got this from a friend and trying to link to the site so lets see if this works, or else you will have to copy and paste. http://www.labradawesome.com/alternative-anatomy-of-a-labrador-retriever.html http://www.labradawesome.com/alternative-anatomy-of-a-labra...
Views: 344   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 16, 2012 4:15pm
by So True
k
KDG
LQ
Nice article by Mary Weist in the new issue of LQ.
Views: 980   Replies: 18
Last Post: Mar 16, 2012 12:51pm
by Standard
c
CaTy
Show picture
Can anyone tell me about how long typically before you get a show picture in the mail? It's been a while and I can't remember.... my girl took first on 2/5 on amatuer owner/handled - alright - so we were the only ones entered but I still want my pic! LOL :) Just thou...
Views: 590   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 16, 2012 11:49am
by CaTy
Joint Support for Puppies, Young Dogs
The post on Glyco Flex got me thinking...how many of you supplement your pups and young dogs with joint supplements? Why do you feel it's a good idea? What age do you start? What do you use? What have your results been? I've never really started my dogs on...
Views: 406   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 16, 2012 11:33am
by Just me
d
Debi
GrCH Points
I feel like a newbie all over again.....I can't get to AKC's website. 1st when you go BOB do you count both dogs & bitches including your own CH dog that went BOB for the points. And I know we need to beat 3 other specials, I have 2 down, need a 3rd. Does it matter i...
Views: 332   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 16, 2012 2:45am
by Breeder
Views: 355   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 15, 2012 8:49pm
by Hmmmm
Pregnant Bitch/Allergic reaction
My girl was inseminated on Saturday and Monday. Today she is having an allergic reaction to something. Called the vet and she said to still give her Benadryl. Voiced my concerns, she said it should still be ok. Anybody know of anything else I could give her that w...
Views: 449   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 15, 2012 4:10pm
by Robin
Glyco Flex II
Anyone here use GlycoFlex II with growing pups for joint support?
Views: 390   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 15, 2012 10:07am
by Terri
Round or oval?
Hi, I'm looking for research on what breeds should have long bones that are round and which should be oval. And what about labradors - should they be oval or round? If you can point me in the direction of some online references, or other, I would appreciate it. C...
Views: 336   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 15, 2012 9:14am
by anatomy student
Salty's historical win at Crufts!
I don't know this dog. I don't know his breeder. All I know is: He's an American bred Labrador,also a GBSHCH, and today he made Labrador history - he went BOB at Crufts!! No American bred Labrador has achieved what he did today. I must say I find it rather odd - to...
Views: 1152   Replies: 25
Last Post: Mar 15, 2012 8:23am
by Anki in Sweden
c
CM
Historical Breed Pics
Interesting pics of various breeds over the years: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v485/Pietoro/Dog%20Breed%20Historical%20Pictures/
Views: 566   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 14, 2012 10:39pm
by so cool
d
DebiR
Judge Judy Goodin
Judy Goodin passed away of a massive heart attack. She was a beautiful lady who I enjoyed talking to. Their Kennel Club shows are this weekend, it will be a very sad weekend.
Views: 584   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 14, 2012 2:46pm
by Greg Lynch - Kel...
b
Brdr
Should I offer to take pup back? Another buyer issue
I got an e-mail today from a pup family who has one only child which has begged for a dog for many years, child is 12 years old and they finally felt ready for a pup. Pup is 11 weeks old, went home 3 weeks ago. Family has never had a dog but seemed to meet my criter...
Views: 1059   Replies: 26
Last Post: Mar 14, 2012 10:25am
by CaTy
senior with muscle control issues.
a good friend of mine has one of my senior girls. She is now 10 yrs old, this bitch has been a heavy bodied girl her entire life. Keeping weight off her has been essential and hard. she is about 80 lbs, only eating 2 cups a day. lives with older women alone (no oth...
Views: 426   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 13, 2012 6:44pm
by Reasons
Salty did WELL in the Group!
He took second in Group too:-)
Views: 653   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 13, 2012 5:52pm
by Labbylover 19732
a
Anony
Puppy Buyer
What would you do if a perfectly wonderful puppy with no obvious issues was going to a home that is questioning a couple things before leaving? They visited yesterday and up until then they had seen lots of pictures from the day of whelp. They played with the puppy o...
Views: 1157   Replies: 38
Last Post: Mar 13, 2012 3:40pm
by cd
Eastern Ontario Labrador Breeders Association - Judges for 2012?
Anyone know who is judging this year? Would like to plan summer shows.
Views: 341   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 13, 2012 2:06pm
by CM
d
DebiR
Ride Needed
Is there anyone going to the Dallas specialty 3.24.12 that is going thru the Kansas City area that can take a dog with them one way? It is a small happy bitch! You can email me at debi.richardson@atk.com
Views: 481   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 13, 2012 12:40pm
by DebiR
Potomac room available
Heart broke--won't be going this year-- will be canceling room at Holiday Express this evening. The tax man cometh and takes away/////
Views: 620   Replies: 12
Last Post: Mar 12, 2012 9:03pm
by Need Roomie
b
BarbS
Another great article from Forbes about purebred dogs....
http://www.forbes.com/sites/allenstjohn/2012/02/17/how-much-is-that-doggie-in-the-window-the-surprising-economics-of-purchasing
Views: 404   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 12, 2012 7:19pm
by KinseyLabs
MBFS - breeder software
Has anyone else experienced poor customer service from Man's Best Friend Software company? They have the software, The Breeder's Standard. I see from the web site that the name of the company has changed to PedFast. Anyway, over the past 3 weeks I have called twic...
Views: 809   Replies: 15
Last Post: Mar 12, 2012 3:07pm
by Susan
Minitube Collection kit
Okay - just got a collection kit sent to me by a bitch owner from Minitube. I was laughing at the funnels they send to collect each fraction - instructions say to quickly switch funnels (with tubes attached) for each fraction, oh, and don't touch the tip of the peni...
Views: 257   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 12, 2012 12:41pm
by Breeder
Up and running again
Hi Guys.. As some of you may know , I had a major computer crash last week. Geek Squad to the rescue, I am back up and running, but my entire hard drive was wiped clean. Some of the show sec's emailed me with information to post on the up coming specialties pa...
Views: 448   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 12, 2012 7:17am
by Jill DiGesare Ic...
US Lab wins Crufts World Cup!
Unofficial results from the UK show that USA's Black Labrador Retriever Tyler has won in obedience! He was leading as an Australian team had yet to do scent cloths, but the gap was big enough that he has to have won. Team Tyler is Petra Ford & NOC2 OTCH Count...
Views: 712   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 12, 2012 12:16am
by Branwood
Video of BOB-judging
http://youtu.be/z4eZhdt9Ibs
Views: 809   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 12, 2012 12:11am
by Peggy Stevens
r
Russ
PRA & EIC test
Has anyone used InGen for testing for PRA and EIC? Are results same as Optigen test? Any input/experience would be great. Thank you
Views: 443   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 11, 2012 4:20pm
by search
c
CaTy
Puppy HATES her mouth looked at. Any suggestions?
Hi Everyone ~ My 6 month old girl hates her teeth/mouth looked at which is obviously a problem in the show ring. At her first match she did kind of ok the first time but the in the second class (we did sweeps and puppy 6-9) she has having none of it. I have been wor...
Views: 469   Replies: 10
Last Post: Mar 10, 2012 6:47pm
by CaTy
Am Bred vs. Open
How do you determine which to enter in? I am a newbie with a girl who has taken several RWB from the Am bred class. Would I have more chance of going WB if I entered her in the Open class? Need a lttle advice in put as to why people enter in which class. Thanks.
Views: 825   Replies: 20
Last Post: Mar 10, 2012 5:10pm
by Rachael
Entrevista Exclusiva: Marion y David Hopkinson by Labradores-Club Argentina on Saturday, March 10, 2
Entrevista Exclusiva: Marion y David Hopkinson by Labradores-Club Argentina on Saturday, March 10, 2012 at 11:59am · Entrevista a Marion y David Hopkinson, Criadero Rocheby, Inglaterra. Reproducción con PERMISO EXCLUSIVO a Mercedes Noailles de Gary Johnso...
Views: 685   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 10, 2012 2:07pm
by Translation
How do you earn BISS, how do the groups work?
Views: 417   Replies: 10
Last Post: Mar 6, 2012 8:52pm
by labradorsinthema...
Salty's big win
Anki: I too don't understand the lack of response. I have monitored this forum for many years. This is the first time I have jumped in. I am turning cartwheels over Salty's win. I do not know the dog or owner, but this is such a wonderful win for the Labrador Retriev...
Views: 393   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 9, 2012 2:04pm
by Molly, pet owner
Full results from Crufts
http://crufts.fossedata.co.uk/Breed.asp?ShowYear=2012&GroupID=GUN&ScheduleID=69 BOB to Multi Ch Salty Dog of Tampa Bay BOS to GBSHCH Foulby Queenstown at Cambremer
Views: 406   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 9, 2012 11:48am
by Anki in Sweden
SALTY GOES BOB!
BOS and Bitch CC: GBSHCH Foulby Queenstown at Cambremer.
Views: 357   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 9, 2012 11:22am
by Anki in Sweden
Views: 379   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 9, 2012 11:18am
by Anki in Sweden
First Crufts results are in
http://crufts.fossedata.co.uk/Breed.asp?ShowYear=2012&GroupID=GUN&ScheduleID=69
Views: 457   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 9, 2012 10:37am
by Another bdr
Potomac questions
I just got my LQ and was reading the two page ad that the LRCP has for the show. I am confused as to who is judging what classes since I have heard one thing, but the ad says another. Can someone give me the right answer? Also, I wanted to bring my puppy to the ma...
Views: 579   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 9, 2012 8:37am
by Breeder
Rescuing war dogs
There was a previous post about rescuing dogs from the battlefields of Afghanistan and Iraq. I think this is something that needs to be considered when we bring these dogs here. http://www.wormsandgermsblog.com/2012/02/articles/animals/dogs/army-vs-parents-in-sol...
Views: 354   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 9, 2012 8:21am
by rescue dogs are ...
How do I purchase a Potomac catalog?
How do we buy catalogs this year for Potomac? I usually but them online at Infodog, but there isn't an option to get one in the classes. Am I missing something?
Views: 427   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 8, 2012 8:14pm
by $?
t
Traci
Ch Tabatha's Knight CD JH
It is with great sadness I tell you all that Knight died today. He lived with my sister April in his retirement where he had a wonderful home and was well loved. It was a difficult decision for her to make but the right one to end his pain. Knight left his legacy in...
Views: 877   Replies: 12
Last Post: Mar 8, 2012 7:32pm
by Anne Maynard
c
CM
Crufts 2012 has started!!!
THIS is on my bucket list to attend! http://www.crufts.org.uk/
Views: 537   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 8, 2012 3:21pm
by CM
Foreign health registries/databases
Was hoping someone might post links to Labrador databases/registries for Labradors from the UK, EU, Scandinavia? TIA
Views: 262   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 8, 2012 1:30pm
by Google Translate
m
MWK
web cams for Mac?
Anyone out there have experience with web cams for use with a Mac? I would like to keep an eye on an expecting girl via home and work and not sure what to buy. Thanks. MWK
Views: 294   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 8, 2012 12:27pm
by Mac Fan
Health Screening
What are the primary health screenings that are required for breeding labradors and which are to add beneficial information for the imprevement of the breed?
Views: 362   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 8, 2012 11:14am
by breeder
PRLRC plan B match on Sunday in Wawick, RI
Just a reminder that the Pawcatuck River Labrador Retriever Club is holding a B match this Sunday, March 11, at K9 Connection in Warwick, RI. Judges are Heather Johnson (regular) and Karen Pandolfi (sweeps). This is a great opportunity to get your puppies out before...
Views: 249   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 8, 2012 9:33am
by Janet H.
The PRLRC Presents a Patricia Trotter Seminar on Structure March 3, 2012
The PRLRC is pleased to present Patricia Trotter “Structure In Motion” Seminar Saturday, March 3, 2012 9:00am-5:00pm (sign-in begins 8:30am) Crowne Plaza Providence-Warwick 801 Greenwich Ave, Warwick, RI 02886 What do judges look for whe...
Views: 492   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 8, 2012 6:47am
by Lori Riley
Performance dog food-recommendations??
My dogs are currently eating Nutro Natural Choice High Energy dog food. The problem with this is I cannot easily get the food and when I can get it I pay about $60.00 for a 30 lb bag. I was wondering what brands of high energy/performance food other people are feedin...
Views: 730   Replies: 25
Last Post: Mar 7, 2012 8:56pm
by food choices
bad anti-breeder, anti puppy ordinance in NJ
Received a post on this ordinance: This proposed ordinance is an over reaction to a problem with a puppy store that was closed with the laws already in place. Enforcement of the current laws worked really well, so why force area residents to have to give up their...
Views: 1669   Replies: 12
Last Post: Mar 7, 2012 6:51pm
by Jersey Girl
Coastal SC LRC Eye Clinic
CSCLRC ANNUAL EYE CLINIC Dr. Ann Cook, of Veterinary Eye Specialists will be doing an Eye Cerf clinic Pre-registration is required. No walk-ins!! Cerf $35 Date: 03/24/2012 Time: 9:00AM-12:00PM Contact phone: 843-559-4755 Location: 5206...
Views: 146   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 7, 2012 12:32pm
by Coastal SC LRC E...
Grass eating on grain free
I am sorry if this has been brought up before, but I had a question about feeding grain-free food. My guys have been on grain-free now for a few months. Lately I've noticed that they want to eat grass now. They go crazy when they get on grass and start grazing lik...
Views: 417   Replies: 10
Last Post: Mar 7, 2012 10:32am
by MWK
a
adam
health clinics
anyone know of any cerf or echo clinics being held in the mass area anytime soon? thanks adam
Views: 355   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 6, 2012 8:58pm
by diane
Reports of possible problems with Kirkland Lamb & Rice Canned Dog Food
Pet Food News is spreading fast of possible links to Kirkland canned dog foods (sold at Costco) to sick and dying dogs. No independent laboratory testing has been done on the food - yet. However I've emailed with one pet owner who lost two dogs believed to be linke...
Views: 410   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 6, 2012 3:24pm
by Charlotte K.
Puppy Weight
How much should a six week old pup weigh give or take. Just an average weight? TY
Views: 348   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 6, 2012 2:27pm
by windycanyon
e
Emily
Danger, water bowls in crates.
I just wanted to share something with you that happened to me. I put my 4 month old puppy in her crate which is the 42 inch size. Hung a water bucket in the crate next to the door. I used a clip to fasten it in place. A short time later heard a noise from the dog...
Views: 566   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 6, 2012 1:56pm
by Joy
Corneal Dystrophy/ Lipidosis
I recently went to an eye clinic where my dog who had cleared CERF for several years was diagnosed with Cornea dystrophy-epithelial/stromal. I could not find information on the CERF website to see if this is a breeder option in Labradors. I know the ACVO said the dog...
Views: 981   Replies: 13
Last Post: Mar 5, 2012 10:13pm
by BDR
Ball work
I'm looking for recommendations on getting a dog conditioned. This is a legitimate question: so, before any of you warriors rush into battle, my dog is not a puppy - she is 5 yrs old, has clean joints and is on the heavy side of normal (barely show weight) but afte...
Views: 338   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 5, 2012 8:58pm
by Anon
e
Ears
K9 Ear Solution
Has anyone ever used this product, K9 Ear Solution? Or the Easy Ear from Nature's Farmacy? Good results?
Views: 318   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 5, 2012 8:05pm
by Laurel
YIKES Long Shots II
FOr those of you who have been following, the original Long Shots got safely out of Afghanistan and through my HERO son Darren and The Puppy Rescue Mission are safely in the USA and in safe and loving homes most with soldiers who served and were bolstered in that awf...
Views: 582   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 5, 2012 6:57pm
by Pete
b
Badger
Badger Specialty Results!!!
Badger Specialty Results Best in Sweeps: Kaltrav's Soul Sister Best of Opposite in Sweeps: Glacieridge's Chevy WD/BOW/BBE: Empress Clean Slate RWD: Nipntuck Scootin' By WB/BPISS: Kaltrav's Soul Sister RWB: Birdstone Another Red Hot Mama BOB: GRCh Clearcreek...
Views: 613   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 5, 2012 5:58pm
by Peggy Stevens
n
Nosey
Basic genetics
Will an eeBb dog always have a black nose?
Views: 441   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 5, 2012 2:03pm
by Another breeder
Alabama Man, Greg Cook, Reunited With Dog He Thought He Lost To Tornado
Only Greg Cook's beloved dog Coco was home when a tornado tore through his home in Limestone County, Ala. Cook rushed home after the winds had stopped to find his house and 50 others destroyed. While homes can be repaired, it was his chocolate Labrador that he fea...
Views: 269   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 5, 2012 10:10am
by NewbieABC
b
Bev
Optigen Question 20/20
Can you join in a 20/20 optigen clinc with any club that will give you the code # and you send it during the correct date? Or do you have to be part of the club and in the same breed club and state? Anybody know? Thanks in advance.
Views: 354   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 5, 2012 9:05am
by Bev
How do you earn BISS and how do the group placements work?
Views: 312   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 5, 2012 8:56am
by Breeder
h
Hannah
Quick Pet Beds Trivia
Did you know that heated pet beds are very ideal not only for senior dogs to help alleviate their painful joints & arthritis, but for young pups too who suffer separation anxiety to give them comfort, as well as injured pets for their faster recovery? There are even...
Views: 160   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 5, 2012 2:31am
by Hannah
Bournhall's Nutmeg Consellation aka Megan
It is with great sadness here still, that I announce that my precious little chocolate Queen Megan was taken for her final ride to a place at the Bridge to join the likes of all the others who should welcome her. She was a once in a lifetime Lab. She owned me and I...
Views: 654   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 4, 2012 10:51pm
by Leeda Dundale
Views: 498   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 4, 2012 8:30pm
by Jennifer C
Update on Wendy McNaughton
Well after another rough patch, Wendy is rallying again and is up and walking and getting stronger again. I was hoping to take her to Potomac but her doctor's say NO WAY, but she enjoys your cards and notes. Wendy McNaughton ACADEMY MANOR 89 MORTON STREET ANDOVE...
Views: 646   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 4, 2012 10:22am
by Dev'Sun Labrador...
b
BRDR
What percent of puppy heart murmurs resolve? Any good puppy murmurs articles?
We have at least 1 puppy murmur in every litter from one of our lines that resolves by 16 weeks. Mom and Grandma cleared by ausculation, studs cleared by color doppler. I will do an echo on the pups once they are 20 weeks IF they still have the murmur - murmur al...
Views: 12549   Replies: 11
Last Post: Mar 4, 2012 12:59am
by hearts
Potomac Catalog - LAST CALL
Hey Folks We're getting ready to put this thing to bed!!!!You still have 2 days to get something to us if you'd like to do an ad. Tina is away - please send ads to Lindacberkeley@aol.com I can answer ???'s as well Lobufflabs@aol.com Thanks Lisa
Views: 322   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 3, 2012 2:11pm
by Lisa Weiss
Potomac judges
Not to raise hackles or start an argument, but it seems like the judges for the regular classes at Potomac this year are those that like leggier, more traditional Labs rather than the shorter,stockier Labs that often do well at specialties. Am I off base with this?...
Views: 935   Replies: 14
Last Post: Mar 3, 2012 11:10am
by Expanded version
Spotlight ads
What a wonderful collection of spotlight dogs. Just glanced over them, will check out each one. Beautiful !
Views: 433   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 3, 2012 7:32am
by Beverley
Have we heard from....
...the breeders affected by the nasty weather and tornados that are still going on? Hoping all are safe.
Views: 507   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 3, 2012 7:13am
by Melody Losea
HRLRC Results - Partial
The following are the results that I marked at today's specialty. Hopefully, someone else will fill in what I didn't provide. Best in Sweep: Borador's Puttin' on The Ritz Best Opp Sweep: Epoch's Moccassin Joe WD: Red Del Two Timin Boradors RWD: Boradors Arti...
Views: 543   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 3, 2012 1:54am
by midwest
k
Karen
Purina One
Anyone have any experience with this food??
Views: 526   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 2, 2012 11:35pm
by Bad soy
Sweeps Results Yet?.... Huron River Specialty
For those of us who could not be there....Thanks
Views: 226   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 2, 2012 3:54pm
by Breeder
Maryland Sporting Dog Shows
After reviewing the directions inside my entries for the Maryland Sporting this weekend it is not real clear where the shows are (Ring 2) Does anyone know if it's in the same building it was last year or is it on the other side of the facility where it was 2 years ag...
Views: 344   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 2, 2012 3:02pm
by Making sure...
Missing pages in LQ?
Just got my LQ in mail today. Ther are 3 sets of missing pages. Pages 42,43,62,63,66,67 are blank. Anybody else or just me? We pay too much for this magazine to have blank pages. I am calling. Ridiculous!
Views: 430   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 2, 2012 10:26am
by Nancy Boyle
How much should someone expect to pay?
If you are asking to use frozen semen from a stud dog owner, obviously you must pay the stud fee. But what other expenses are considered norm? Reimbursement for the collection fee charged to the dog owner? Storage of semen fee? What would be considered a normal fee...
Views: 788   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 2, 2012 9:00am
by Linda Maffett
Prominent occipital bump?
What are the feelings of other breeders regarding a prominent occipital bump on a 9 week old male puppy - have these heads broadened and flattened sufficiently in adulthood, or do they stay rather 'peaked' on top?
Views: 365   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 2, 2012 8:28am
by Beth Volle
Entering Potomac
I went to Infodog this morning to enter my dog at Potomac. I got this message: "We are sorry but Labrador Retriever Club Of The Potomac on 04/13/12 is not open for entries. Please notify webproblems@infodog.com." My first time going to Potomac. Is Infodog going t...
Views: 312   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 2, 2012 7:31am
by Nancy Boyle
Interesting article from OFA
Follow the link below to read an interesting journal article. http://www.offa.org/pdf/keller_dziuk_bell_vet_journal.pdf
Views: 388   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 1, 2012 12:25pm
by Barb Roosevelt
Chessie with sensitive stomach? NLR but could use ideas
Hi all, my brother owns a Chessie that seems to have a lot of stomach issues. He claims he has a 'sensitive tummy'. This could be true but here's an example I don't consider normal sensitive tummy: Dog appears fine, I go over to 'clicker charge' (I help with the trai...
Views: 357   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 29, 2012 4:31pm
by Kate
Trifexis Heart Worm Prevention
Has anyone here used the heartworm med called Trifexis? I use Sentinal with my dogs.Sentinal does not let the fleas reproduce but does not kill them. Trifexis is for the prevention of heartworm disease but also kills fleas, hookworms, roundworms and whipworms. Tho...
Views: 267   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 29, 2012 3:23pm
by Jamie K
Operation Long Shots
If you remember a couple of months ago I told you my son had discovered a litter of pups on his job site in Afghanistan, being the dog lover he is he took care of Mama and the pups and (not easily) he has gotten all of the pups shipped over to the USA to a rescue gro...
Views: 529   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 29, 2012 2:56pm
by rescue Mom
? about Obedience at Potomac
I am considering entering 2 of the 4 days of the Obedience trial at the Potomac. I have never been. Is the Obedience well attended? Do the classes fill early? Thanks in Advance. Obedient....
Views: 476   Replies: 10
Last Post: Feb 29, 2012 12:30pm
by Breeder
Just canceled my room for New England Sporting
I know someone was looking for a room. I just canceled mine. You may get it if you call now.
Views: 375   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 29, 2012 11:42am
by Breeder
h
Hannah
Quick Pet Beds Trivia
Did you know that heated pet beds are very ideal not only for senior dogs to help alleviate their painful joints & arthritis, but for young pups too who suffer separation anxiety to give them comfort, as well as injured pets for their faster recovery? There are even...
Views: 268   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 29, 2012 8:51am
by Nancy Boyle
Interceptor
Does anyone know anything new about Novartis' suspended production of Interceptor? It was undergoing "process and compliance improvement activities" in its Lincoln, Nebraska plant. I'm wondering if I should commit to a multi-month purchase of Heartguard or go month...
Views: 561   Replies: 9
Last Post: Feb 28, 2012 9:32pm
by Anon
Puppies???
Hi, Long story short.... I have a gentleman that would like to purchase a Yellow lab puppy. I did my best to educate him on breeding and health clearances, etc. He was going to take a trip to what sounded like a broker or puppy mill in PA that sent him pictur...
Views: 523   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 28, 2012 8:15pm
by Michele McGroart...
Ex pens at Potomac
I was recently informed that ex pens were not going to be allowed at Potomac this year and I would like to know if there is any truth to this. I am not trying to start trouble but would love to hear from any LRCP Members or Show committee members what the facts are....
Views: 658   Replies: 18
Last Post: Feb 28, 2012 5:26pm
by Donna
Labrador Retriever Club of the Potomac - Catalog ads
MBF has given us a few extra days for ads!!! Please have them to us by 3/4/12 the 5th is our DDDD (drop dead deadline date) - they won't take any after that. Please send to Linda Berkeley-Weiss at: Lindacberkeley@aol.com Do Not send ads to Tina Barks - she will be...
Views: 358   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 28, 2012 1:36pm
by Lisa Weiss
Any Word On Nancy Love?
Any Word On Nancy Love?
Views: 511   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 28, 2012 12:04pm
by Breeder
Soft temperaments
How easy or hard is it to correct a soft temperament when breeding? I haven't had good luck with it. I had a bitch from a line of confident, unflappable labradors that was bred to a dog with soft temperaments behind him and got soft and shy. That girl when bred pr...
Views: 755   Replies: 12
Last Post: Feb 28, 2012 11:37am
by Brdr
transporting puppy from EU to US
Hi folks, Hoping some of our overseas friends can chime in. I'm looking for advice for importing an 8 week old puppies from the EU to the US. Is it possible? Has anyone done this lately? The new EU rules state that pets must be 15 weeks or older and have a valid...
Views: 346   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 28, 2012 7:46am
by Nancy Boyle
Overweight Senior
I am going to be changing food for my 9 year old senior who is overweight. He's been on Acana Wild Prairie which is too dense for him and I'm also having trouble obtaining now. Also had problems with mushy stools. I'm considering Precise Holistic Complete Senior wh...
Views: 318   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 27, 2012 9:39pm
by Tiffany
Suffern NY shows (Friday-Saturday-Sunday)
If someone knows the results would you be kind enough to share them? It's a Rau show so we won't get the results for ages! Thanks in advance!
Views: 516   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 27, 2012 9:02pm
by Beth Volle
Views: 385   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 27, 2012 8:59pm
by BRDR21212
13 week old limping
I have a 13 week old pup who has been mildly lame on a front leg for 5 days. Acting normally, eating, no fever and vet says too early for x-rays. Has anyone had this end up being ED or OCD? It seems so early but I'm worried. I had OCD in a hock a few tears back but i...
Views: 419   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 27, 2012 6:45pm
by Lab Breeder
surgical options
friend has rotti that needs some surgery... listed below is quote from UF. Looking for other options in southeast area. Any suggestions of your favorite ortho vet would be appreciated. 1) The patella needs the ligaments rebuilt 2) The groves in bones...
Views: 284   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 27, 2012 3:46pm
by where to go
Need new Pedigree Software
I've been using that free pedigree generator for my 4 generation pedigrees for my website. For some reason, it is saving it as an " htm " file so now I can't download it on my website. I can't change it to html or any other file extension. I also tried saving the ped...
Views: 401   Replies: 18
Last Post: Feb 27, 2012 2:07pm
by Wag the Dog (1)
Echo Doppler in California
Wondering where breeders in California get their echo heart checks done? Have a breeding girl for a service organization that they'd like to get done. Thanks in advance!
Views: 240   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 27, 2012 1:00pm
by Cardiologist in ...
DDC
I know this has been discussed before on the forum, but has anyone experienced wrong DNA results on colors carried? Testing was done by DDC.
Views: 657   Replies: 14
Last Post: Feb 27, 2012 9:02am
by Chocolate
Canine Reproduction
C.L.O.N.E. Bucks, located at The Doylestown Animal Medical Clinic, is dedicated to providing canine reproductive services to the dog breeding community. Formerly, CLONE INC., now under new ownership! C.L.O.N.E. BUCKS services are performed at The Doylestown A...
Views: 1016   Replies: 9
Last Post: Feb 26, 2012 1:43pm
by Breeder
GMC Acadia
Anyone out there have one of these and know how many crates fit? Thanks!
Views: 294   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 26, 2012 8:38am
by car buyer
Yorkie Breeders?
Anyone know a good Yorkie breeder? I have a family seeking a puppy. Private emails please... Thank you in advance, Michaek
Views: 693   Replies: 14
Last Post: Feb 25, 2012 3:42pm
by Michael Not The ...
Jean Dodds Seminar sponsored by LRCGD - with CPE!!!
The Labrador Retriever Club of Greater Denver is pleased to announce that we are sponsoring a seminar presented by Jean Dodds, DVM on Saturday July 14, 2012. The seminar will feature updates on thyroid disease, vaccine issues, and nutrition, and Continuing Education...
Views: 392   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 25, 2012 2:26pm
by Kim/Pirate
s
Sandra
Diet for colitis
My senior boy was diagnosed with colitis and my vet wants to put him on a special rx food. I really don't like the ingredients in Science Diet. Are there any other foods that I can use ie Pinnacle, California Natural, Natural Balance or others? Thank you for any h...
Views: 386   Replies: 9
Last Post: Feb 25, 2012 9:19am
by Kate Fulkerson, ...
c
CaTy
Gun Classes at show
Hi Everyone ~ I have another newbie question. I was on info dog entering my choc. puppy in the 6-9 month class at an upcoming sporting breed show and saw listed under the classes a catagory Gun Classes. What are those?? Just curious.... thanks!
Views: 358   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 25, 2012 8:41am
by CaTy
What is the oldest you have had a girl have her first heat.
I have an almost 2 year old girl that is yet to have her first season, I know there is no "one size fits all" but it got me thinking about others who have girls that take their own sweet time, her mother was on at 9 months and every 9 months thereafter. Not in any...
Views: 550   Replies: 21
Last Post: Feb 25, 2012 2:53am
by No heat here
Prostate Cancer in Dogs
Just wondering if anybody can share their experiences with a diagnosis of carcinoma of the prostate in their Labs? My much loved 8 year old boy has just been diagnosed by ultrasound and biopsy but the vets are reluctant to operate. The cancer is located near the wall...
Views: 2771   Replies: 15
Last Post: Feb 24, 2012 11:38pm
by Debbie Darche, D...
Pat Hastings Structure in Action Seminar -- Williamsburg, VA
Hi Everyone, If you missed the deadline to enter the Maryland Sporting Dog supported entry by LRCP...why not think about joining the Langley Kennel Club in Williamsburg, Virginia for our Pat Hastings "Structure in Action" seminar. Cost is $90 and includes a full...
Views: 224   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 24, 2012 10:33pm
by Sharlene
Potomac Catalog Ad's
OMG! February 28 is fast approaching and I haven't sent my Potomac Catalog ad to Tina/Linda/Lisa inc. Rumor has it I have a lot of company. And why rush? I can always wait until the last possible minute and make their lives miserable for a few days! OR, I coul...
Views: 651   Replies: 20
Last Post: Feb 24, 2012 10:20pm
by Free Speach
Heartworm/Flea/Tick Protocol
My boy is currently on Frontline Plus and Interceptor. He has developed allergies to beef and pork, and presents with skin issues as a result. My vet wants me to switch to Sentinel, which is a flea preventive. I did not realize the Sentinel is a flea preventive when...
Views: 1831   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 24, 2012 10:29am
by Conundrum
Breed to aunt like mom?
If you have a male that bred his mothers full sister. Did he breed his mom? Is the DNA different ?
Views: 614   Replies: 9
Last Post: Feb 24, 2012 2:31pm
by Breeder
Potomac Trivia Night
Okay guys, it's that time of year again. We will be hosting Trivia Night at the Potomac Specialty Show on Tuesday evening. So I am asking everyone to start putting together your teams to participate in this year's contest which will be bigger and better than ever....
Views: 288   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 24, 2012 10:48am
by Tony Ciprian
Hip Dysplasia study
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1532-950X.2011.00935.x/full
Views: 799   Replies: 19
Last Post: Feb 24, 2012 10:34am
by Mathlete
Is diabetes genetic? Goodbye, FurFriend, and good co owner (Long)
Our sweet girl Dakota Rose was just put down. We placed her on co-own last year. Would have loved to have kept her around but her weakness was she couldn't tolerate other dogs in her face, this became worse with age. So after 6 months of interviewing families, we...
Views: 451   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 24, 2012 10:16am
by Kim/Pirate
AKC Co-ownership
Has anyone done one of these online recently? I tried the other day, and wasnt able to set it up for some reason. I'd rather put the other party as first owners, then add my name as 2nd and it wouldn't let me do that. Thoughts? TIA, Anne
Views: 553   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 23, 2012 8:46pm
by windycanyon
Echo Doppler Clinic
REMINDER – APPOINTMENTS FILLING! SPRING ECHO DOPPLER CLINIC IN MARYLAND WITH DR. Luis Braz-Ruivo: The annual Spring Echo Doppler Clinic for breed screening with Board Certified Cardiologist Dr. Braz-Ruivo, DVM, DVsc, Dip.ACVIM on March 31st and Apr...
Views: 328   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 23, 2012 4:07pm
by Mary
My Girl Thirteen and Good Temperament Genes (long)
Eight years ago I sold a lovely black female puppy to a very nice, well screened lady. I lost touch with the woman over the years and she moved several states away. A year and a half ago I got a call from Labrador Retriever Rescue stating that they had a spayed bit...
Views: 884   Replies: 15
Last Post: Feb 23, 2012 10:44am
by Linda@Staghorn
r
Robin
SDLRC Specialty--Congrats to the club members and breeders!
I just want to say: What a well-run and enjoyable specialty this was last weekend! Kudos to Barbara Nowak, Barbara and Charlie Lewis, judges, and everyone else who worked so hard to pull off a flawlessly-run event! I also want to say, in my humble experience, thi...
Views: 289   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 23, 2012 1:37am
by Breeder
SDLRC
We'd like to say a huge thank you to the SDLRC for putting on a wonderful show. The hospitality and friendly people were truly wonderful, food was great and even the weather was perfect. A show we plan to come back to! Thanks all for the hard work - it showed.
Views: 331   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 22, 2012 11:35pm
by breeder
re: TWT back order
Heads up! I just returned from local feed store where I buy TWT Pac. Stream. I had to buy 2 mid-size bags b:c large bags are back ordered. Other kibbles under the TWT label were also sold out or low on stock. No known fill order date for these products was given to f...
Views: 373   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 22, 2012 10:02pm
by Elizabeth Bowron
puppy buyers
How does everyone handle the questions from puppy buyers like "Why do you sell on non-breeding contracts, I might want to breed my puppy?" and " I will be able to pick out my own puppy before you choose yours, right?" I told them that non-breed contracts are bec...
Views: 534   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 22, 2012 8:03pm
by tata
8 week old regurgitated lunch, why?
Hi, Have a pup whose new owner will fly in to get her this weekend. Thought I'd better get her out to get use to traveling in a crate, traffic noises, etc. So I took her out today on some errands. She cried just a little and setted in crate. I took her out on...
Views: 531   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 22, 2012 3:28pm
by Robin
LRCP Match
The Labrador Retriever Club of Potomac will be holding a Sanctioned B-OB Match on March 17, 2012 at the Catoctin Kennel Club Training Building in Point of Rocks, MD. Judges: Drew Lund (Snowgoose) - Regular Classes Rachel Shatz (Wyndchime)- Sweepstakes Jackie...
Views: 285   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 22, 2012 3:09pm
by Catie Clowser
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Free Forum powered by Bravenet