Start a New Topic 
70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Judge Question
Just wondered if anyone has shown to these judges and what they seem to prefer? Mr. Tom Shearer Mrs. Gail Shearer Thanks
Views: 631   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 3, 2007 7:05pm
by Breeder Two
want to purchasecrate with door that opens in /maybe???
Does antone have a dog crate that has a door that opens in. I remember sseeing one someplace that folded in half and up to the inside. I need to put a crate in a place with limited space. Havinng the door out of the way would be a plus. If you have one could you let...
Views: 342   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 3, 2007 6:02pm
by melody losea
d
Diane
sporting dog results in NM
Anyone know anything results at the sporting dog show in Rio Rancho, Nm.
Views: 353   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 3, 2007 5:33pm
by Diane
St. Louis Best of Breed Day One
BOB Ch Tabathas Pristine BOW winners dog BOS CH. blackwing superfine Award of Merit Ch. Tabathas Paradocs Calliou Ch. Tabathas Pester Winners bitch Many thanks to Erin McClurg-Webster for texting the results!
Views: 594   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 3, 2007 5:13pm
by Diane McClurg
St. Louis Bitches Day One
1st 6 9 Saddlehill Ania's Laney (Visions I'm able x ch saddlehill don't be late) 1st 9 12 Clearcreek bonaventure windjammer 1st 12 18 Infinty's Petty Cash (Lor-al direct deposit x infinity desi lu) Novice Lousco Westover Black Pearl ( Ch big sky stone...
Views: 516   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 3, 2007 5:04pm
by Diane McClurg
ED in 2yr old female
I was wondering what you would all suggest as a supplement for a 2 yr old bitch diagnosed with Grade 2 elbow displasia. I have heard Cosequin is good, any thoughts? Thank you
Views: 571   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 3, 2007 1:49pm
by Donna
Bones from pet stores
Why on earth do they fill those bones with fat? How is that good for dogs? My guys get the poops.
Views: 449   Replies: 8
Last Post: Nov 3, 2007 11:18am
by Newbie13
no heat
What could be the cause for a 17 month old bitch to never have had a heat? I've tried being patient, now I'm getting a little worried. She has been with other girls who have been in and out of heat, has been healthy, etc... My next step is to call our vet, but it'...
Views: 533   Replies: 10
Last Post: Nov 3, 2007 11:07am
by Laura
a
an
worms
I have a 9wk old pup with coccidia normal stools, my vet says don't worm other say worm? What to do??
Views: 376   Replies: 9
Last Post: Nov 3, 2007 9:13am
by Nancy Rudgers
I DO NOT have anyone with EIC
Some people assumed becuase I asked the question it meant I had it. Please do not assume such things!!! I have NOT ( knock on wood) had ANY symptoms of EIC in my house. I was asking for future breeding ..... Bridget
Views: 609   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 3, 2007 7:02am
by Sight To Sea
St. Louis specialty
Anybody knows the results of the St. Louis specialty? Thanks,
Views: 441   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 3, 2007 12:17am
by winners
Coccidia prevention in puppies
I have had problems recently with my puppies contracting coccidia. We've done everything we can think of to eradicate it, but somehow, it's still around. I know it can be very difficult, if not impossible, to eliminate. Anyway, I recall reading on this forum about...
Views: 630   Replies: 16
Last Post: Nov 2, 2007 9:56pm
by Nancy Rudgers
Heartworm prevention
Just looking for a survey on what everyone out there uses, and likes? Cost? Effectiveness? We currently use Interceptor year-round......Some of our friends are using : Tri-Heart Plus ? We have never heard of it before. Anyone use it with success?
Views: 399   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 2, 2007 8:10pm
by Bob
Anyone use the new AKC microchips yet?
feedback??? I was thinking of changing to them, but was wondering about other's experiences.
Views: 489   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 2, 2007 8:09pm
by Labmom2
Mommy dog bites son in face?
I have a bitch here with pups and my son just went to kiss her and she nailed him on the face so he has adhesions where she got him.... she was in the whelping box at the time nursing her pups... any thoughts on this?
Views: 1186   Replies: 60
Last Post: Nov 2, 2007 7:33pm
by just a thought
Pups and allergies
Can one pup in a litter have a food allergy and not the rest? Got one buyer who keeps switching foods because thinks pup has food allergy. Pup has loose stool whenever he is not on diet prescribed from vets.
Views: 430   Replies: 9
Last Post: Nov 2, 2007 6:41pm
by been there
"I want to breed my Labrador"
Anyone have some good links to articles written on why it's not a good idea to breed your pet and what really goes into breeding a quality litter?? I just had someone email me wanting to breed their male... I get these periodically and I should have something save...
Views: 731   Replies: 8
Last Post: Nov 2, 2007 5:17pm
by Been there befor...
t
Teresa
Wire crate recommendations
Hi! I would like to here if anyone has any pros and cons concerning certain models of wire crates. Within the next year I will be getting another puppy and am looking to purchase a 4th wire crate. I have heard some horror stories of "accidents" happening while cra...
Views: 488   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 2, 2007 4:48pm
by try these
h
hidden
Kennel Cough in 5 week old litter - advice?
It's seems my 5 week old litter has come down with kennel cough I am hearing congestion in the coughing, not just a dry hacking. They are on Clavamox - started today. Any other suggestions - I'm worried about pneumonia of course. Has anyone actually...
Views: 303   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 2, 2007 4:23pm
by Gregg
? About Milk Supply
Any suggestions on how to insure a plentiful milk supply for a large litter of newborns? So far, so good, but curious as to what others do. Thanks.
Views: 365   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 2, 2007 1:49pm
by Dbl
IOHC - any Vets on board?
IOHC -Incomplete ossification of the humeral condyle Can you explain, on simple terms, what the heck this is? It is in reference to someone I know whos dog has this. Not a Lab, but a French Brittany.
Views: 378   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 2, 2007 1:32pm
by Breeder
bitch lies on pup
We just had our bitch kill her 2 lb baby girl. She lay on it while we were at the vets with another dog. We can not understand how she would not know that it was under her. She has been taking wonderful care of her babies until now. We are just sick about it
Views: 952   Replies: 37
Last Post: Nov 2, 2007 12:49pm
by Go back to schoo...
NJ Breeders - please get out and vote...
Dear New Jersey Sportsmen and Animal Owners, On November 6, 2007 New Jersey voters head to the polls to elect members to the Senate and General Assembly. For animal owners and sportsmen this is a time for study and reflection on candidate’s viewpoints...
Views: 330   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 1, 2007 10:55pm
by Susan @ Weymouth
5 week old pups - loose stools?
wormed them last week with strongid. usually I will use albon for loose stools that are a bit mucusy. (sp?) I know some use tylan. other favorites or suggestions?
Views: 337   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 1, 2007 9:18pm
by fenbendazole
Lab books
I missed the thread referring to advertising on Ebay (or whatever). I would like to hear from anyone that could suggest how best to advertise Lab related books for sale.
Views: 566   Replies: 8
Last Post: Nov 1, 2007 8:49pm
by BDR
Breeding w/o the science
If you take all the science I have been taught and do it the total 'old fashion' way of no progesterones and 2 natural covers when is your expected due date in correlation to the first tie?
Views: 601   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 1, 2007 3:59pm
by Maureen Gamble
Congrats to Maya & Jessi
Sunday October 28th at Middleburg Kennel Club Lobuff's Maya at Muckenmire took a 4 point major going Best of Winners under Judge Andrea Braxton Robertson. Maya is out of Ch Lobuff's Hyspire Lasting Impression and Shannon's Absolute Madam. She is owned by Jessica...
Views: 484   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 1, 2007 3:54pm
by I was there too!
BOB & Group 3 at Middleburg KC
Barkiest congratulations to my litterbrother, Ch John Steed (aka "Jack") who went Best of Breed at Middleburg KC under breeder/judge Tom Shearer and then a Group 3!
Views: 637   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 1, 2007 2:39pm
by Traci
b
Beth
Zubrin
Has anyone used this NSAID successfully on a dog who has had gastric problems with other NSAIDS?
Views: 498   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 1, 2007 11:11am
by Marie Zimmerman
A First Time Mom Who Won't Settle
Any suggestions for a first time mom who won't settle into motherhood? She carries them around alot, constantly licking them and cleaning them past the point of being necessary and then when they get out of her reach from all the tossing around, she whines and worrie...
Views: 498   Replies: 18
Last Post: Nov 1, 2007 9:01am
by BDR
WHY?
I was in a show ring last weekend (Lab Specialty) and was approached by a "breeder". She struck up a conversation with me. I have only been in the show ring a handful of times. At any rate this person was eagerly talking about this dog or that dog. I was a fi...
Views: 698   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 1, 2007 7:57am
by Breeder
j
jen l
happy howlaweenie!!
Just wanted to wish everyone a great howlaweenie!!!! Jen
Views: 402   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 1, 2007 7:27am
by Susan ~ Fenwyck
Another food question
For all the experts out there. What do you recomend, Diamond or ProPlan? Thanks,
Views: 371   Replies: 13
Last Post: Nov 1, 2007 7:17am
by kimberjac
St. Louis specialty
Can anyone in the St. Louis area tell us what the weather is going to be like for this weekend's specialty? TIA
Views: 481   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 1, 2007 6:14am
by Joe DeNardo
Shying away from judge
My girl ,2 years, has been shying away from some judges. Not all. The one judge I spoke to said "shyness is not in a Labrador's temperament. Any shy Lab should not be added to your breeding program." I explained her line is not shy. I guessed she was shy because she...
Views: 678   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 31, 2007 11:53pm
by MeToo
j
Jen H
BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
HUGE CONGRATS to Diane Ammerman and Amer/Can Ch Casbar's Hart To Hart for going BEST IN SHOW today at the Bronx County Kennel Club in Augusta NJ!!! Big Congtrats to Joy Quallenberg for making this happen for RJ and Diane!!!!
Views: 715   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 31, 2007 7:42pm
by Congrats
i
Igor
Results
Can someone please tell where can we find the results for: LOWER MAINLAND DOG FANCIERS OF B.C. 25, 26 ,27 and 28 and ISLAND & PACIFIC LABRADOR RETRIEVER CLUB SPECIALTY. Thank you,
Views: 464   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 31, 2007 5:45pm
by Results
s
Sheila
Critiques from the Canadian National??
Do any of you know where/when the critiques from the Canadian National will be available? I have e-mailed the club twice and have not heard back from anyone. Thanks for your help Sheila
Views: 467   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 31, 2007 5:22pm
by Anon
when to up food on a pregnant female
The subject says it all She is 37 days post breeding with progestrone testing, showing sings of being pregnant. When do you up thier food? Right now she is in good condition, a little plump. Thanks.
Views: 338   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 31, 2007 1:06pm
by tidbit
n
Nancy
New Champion
Great job John and Barbara Sebalusky on their Best in Sweepstakes win at Bare Bones and on their New Champion finished at Middleburg Va
Views: 625   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 31, 2007 11:57am
by Mary
g
Gail R
Willie's JH
Congratilations to my friend Jane Pappler. On 10-27-07 Susquehanna RC, Elkton MD, Willie received his 4th leg to complete his JH title. He is a small compact active guy with lots of personality and a strong desire to work. He is now Redlion's Wee Willie Whiner...
Views: 456   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 31, 2007 10:52am
by Leslie@Gorsebroo...
g
Gwen
RE: new SH
Congratulations to Nancy and her Dickendall Narlo Uptown SH ("Halle") on getting the SH title this past Sunday. Halle was 2 yrs. old in August and achieved her title in 4 straight tests. Halle is trained and handled by Angie Becker, Tioga Retrievers, Aubrey, TX.
Views: 483   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 31, 2007 10:47am
by Leslie@Gorsebroo...
show leads
Does anyone know where to get the "cotton" slip show leads, that have a piece of leather to keep the ring from letting the lead hang loose?. (These are thin like the size of a pencil) Not the nylon ones, this is a cotton type. I have seached many web sites that I co...
Views: 474   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 31, 2007 6:20am
by Linda
A Study in WHAT?
Few among us would deny Study's merits. He is indeed a specimen! And few too would deny Mary's contributions to the breed or her rightful pride in her boy Study. But am I the only one who thought the entire article in the recent Quarterly an unpaid advertisement...
Views: 1418   Replies: 54
Last Post: Oct 31, 2007 12:25am
by Tina
d
Diane
Selling on Ebay.
I know this isn't a lab question.But wondering if anyone has sold a car on Ebay?. I'm giving up my dogshowing vehicle ,As we bought a new one.If i don't sell it locally , wondered bout ebay. Perhaps you would like to email me with your horror stories or positive re...
Views: 594   Replies: 13
Last Post: Oct 31, 2007 12:22am
by KBB
Another Spay Question
Hi all! I have a beloved girl who has retired and time has come to spay her. I have a young male in the house, and her last heat was early and less noticeable and I dont want any oops issues at her age. She has had a couple heats since her last litter over a year a...
Views: 356   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 31, 2007 12:19am
by Same
Mid-Jersey Sweeps
I was wondering if anyone has the completeresults for the Mid-Jersey specu=ialty. I know the BOS and opposite for both days. I would like to know as I only saw Friday and would like to know so I have an idea of who is producinh what. Take care and have a nice day.
Views: 489   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 31, 2007 12:13am
by Congratulations
m
MikeM
some Central Ohio Specialty results
I don't have them all but: BOB/G3 Paradoc's Tabatha's Cailou WD Inselheim Buccaneer (for the 2nd day in row) Mike
Views: 728   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 30, 2007 10:56pm
by Old Timer
l
Lucy
Foundation of our Labradors
I was wondering if anyone has links to some of the older kennels that formed the foundation for our breed. I was hoping to look at some pictures of some of the more influential dogs-gone-by. I'm doing my pedigree research and forming a direction for my breeding progr...
Views: 545   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 30, 2007 5:20pm
by Labgal
Mar-Moyes Walk of Fame to Kai Den
Can someone tell me where I can find Mar-Moyes Walk of Fame to Kai Den (Famous)?? I have been on both sites Mar-Moye and Kai Den and can't find him. Thank you.
Views: 517   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 30, 2007 4:58pm
by Mar-Moye
Clearances
When you are looking for puppys or a stud dog and you look at clearances and don't see things. Do you think they were not done, did not pass ? I know call the breeder and ask. I just like it all right there handy. Know some don't send eyes to Cerf, but elbows and hea...
Views: 524   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 30, 2007 3:04pm
by Sheila
m
Maria
Snap on/off tags
Murph's collar gets real stinky after playing, swimming, and well, just being the Murph. I have a couple of collars that I interchange when one is in the wash, but I hate the wire ring that hold his ID tags. Can someone reccomend a secure ring that will snap on an...
Views: 486   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 30, 2007 2:04pm
by Breeder 2
Lab puppy Wallpaper
Does anyone have a link for wallpaper BORDER of Lab puppies?? Can't find any thus far, only a few patterns of adults and would prefer pups. Would be open to really nice adult border as 2nd choice if I can find the right one. TIA
Views: 464   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 30, 2007 1:23pm
by Patty/Snowco Lab...
High Protein, Low Fiber Diets
I currently am feeding my 3-year old a high protein (42%),grain-free, low fiber dog food. She is doing great on it and looks great. But her stools are somewhat hard and at times she strains. I started feeding canned pumpkin and occasionally give her diced apples a...
Views: 380   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 30, 2007 1:03pm
by Grace
BISS?
How exactly does a dog get this title. If they are BOB at a Speciality--then what?
Views: 646   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 30, 2007 11:06am
by Melissa Kime
Name of New BISS Champion
A couple of weeks ago, there was a very tasteful brag about a dog who finished his championship and then about a few days or a week later he took BOB at a specialty. He is a Pipe Major son. I believe he is doubled on Black Piper. I loved this dog and I know I...
Views: 672   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 30, 2007 10:25am
by I am a space sho...
whats a good time to spay?
I have read about people encouraging to spay at 6 weeks old. Is this too young? Whats a good age to spay?
Views: 482   Replies: 18
Last Post: Oct 30, 2007 9:59am
by Susan ~ Fenwyck
ok here's my 2nd one for today~ re judges
Is there any way to find out where breeder judges will be judging in the future? I am looking to show at all breed shows in addition to specialities. For instance I see that Lisa W. is judging in Dec in Boston. How would I be able to find this info? Do I need a l...
Views: 665   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 30, 2007 9:39am
by Susan ~ Fenwyck
A.I.'s in the UK
http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/478
Views: 408   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 30, 2007 8:34am
by JP
Judges
I'm working on my club's upcoming show/s and I've been asked to submit a list of names of judges. Which judges would you show at an all-breed show for? I know that breeder judges are optimal and that's fine, but we can't afford single-breed judges; we need people...
Views: 454   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 29, 2007 10:55pm
by yellwlab (Liz)
Inner Ear Sore
My boy has a sore on the inner flap of his ear. I am wondering if it could be ringworm. It looks like a bullseye. The inner circle (center) is scabbed and the outer circle is scabbed. Any help would be appreciated till I can take him to the vet tomorrow.TIA
Views: 306   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 29, 2007 10:17pm
by BH
Thoughts on Whelpwise?
I have been considering using the Whelpwise service for my next litter and was wondering what other's, who may have used the service, experiences have been? Good? Bad? Is it worth the cost? Or any other thoughts you may want to share?... Thanks, Kate
Views: 607   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 29, 2007 9:56pm
by Done it
Whelping Box Size?
I am trying to decide what size whelping box to buy. What size do most of you like? 48 X 48 or 48 X 60? Not sure how much room to have for the mom and expected 7 pups. At least that is what the ultrasound predicts! Thanks for your advice.
Views: 384   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 29, 2007 8:24pm
by Another Point of...
f
foxxy
Fox Red Studs
Can those fox red enthusiasts out there share bench style studs that are available today that maybe come from fox red lines or are fox reds themselves. I know that color should be the last thing you breed for, but I am interested to utilizing fox red lines. I know of...
Views: 684   Replies: 30
Last Post: Oct 29, 2007 6:02pm
by Barb/tombarlabs/...
Your favorite Labrador artist?
I like Donald Zolan. Love the Lab and farm themes. :)
Views: 608   Replies: 31
Last Post: Oct 29, 2007 5:23pm
by maryc
l
Linda
Adoption
A friend of mine is into Lab rescue. She has a real cute Lab black female, 8 months of age. Forgive me if this isn't a site that deals with rescue.
Views: 457   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 29, 2007 4:27pm
by Patty/Snowco Lab...
Take a Deep Breath
So many posts from nervous and worried owners with new litters! Try not to be nervous or worried around a mom with newborn pups. It goes right to her, and makes her nervous and worried too. It's exciting and thrilling, and at the same time terrifying to have a new...
Views: 534   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 29, 2007 4:10pm
by Sally L
Island & Pacific Canadian Specialty results
BOB: Devonshire's Art of Elegance BOS: Makaila's Magnificent Blue BOW: Cloud Nine Iragorri WB: Cloud Nine Iragorri WD: Thistledown Tornado Warning BBE: Fallriver's Big Fish
Views: 523   Replies: 17
Last Post: Oct 29, 2007 2:09pm
by the Lab
j
jajabo
HYSPIRE SHAHLI HOTTER THAN BLAZES.
does anyone know where I can get some pics of HYSPIRE SHAHLI HOTTER THAN BLAZES????? Who's the owner? is there a website? thanks in advance
Views: 766   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 29, 2007 2:07pm
by the Lab
b
Barb
COLRC Complete Results for Friday specialty are now up
http://www.allwaysawinner.com/labindex.html Thanks for a fun show!
Views: 392   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 29, 2007 1:58pm
by Barb
Views: 351   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 29, 2007 1:01pm
by shalane
How much to feed?
I have a 4 week old litter of pups that I'm just starting to feed. They are getting wet puppy food - soaked till it's mushy. What is the right amount to feed a 3 to 4 pound baby? Several of them have been gagging tonight - the only one that has brought up anything...
Views: 295   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 29, 2007 11:02am
by Breeder Two
Does anyone know the Barebones results?
And the results of the shows after?
Views: 365   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 29, 2007 11:00am
by Paulo - Dicroft ...
Bleeding
Two weeks ago, Tickle has 3 tiny growths removed. We would never have noticed them, but they were bleeding. We also found enlarged lymph glands and another mass back in the inguinal area that were not addressed because of concerns about the bleeding. We had blee...
Views: 530   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 29, 2007 10:24am
by kathy S.
Puerto Results all days
Day 1 WD - Queijeiro Igor (see spotlight ad) WB - Snowden Hill Mango Crazy Clark X Snowden Hill My Friend Irma BOB - Ch. Surry Ol Surf n Turf BOW - WD BOS - WB Day 2 WD - Surrys Sea of Justice WB - Black Beauty Alyha Valcars Tide X Dorian Queijeiro...
Views: 480   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 29, 2007 9:25am
by Armando Moreno
Big Congrats!
A BIG CONGRATS to Sherrie Paskert (Cornerstone Labs, Fl.) for winning WD, WB,BW at the Atlanta Georgia show yesterday. Way to Go!!!!!
Views: 646   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 29, 2007 8:50am
by erin
Rally question
I want to try out rally competition. When an all breed club offers rally and its not your breed, can any breed of dog enter? I see a few shows with rally in the upcoming months but some are offered by breed clubs and I didn't know if my lab would be allowed to enter
Views: 326   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 29, 2007 4:41am
by Cathy M.
Best Dog Jokes
I'm in the mood for humor... Post your favorite! Here's one to start (sorry Jets fans): A guy walks into a bar with a dachshund under his arm. The dog is wearing a Jets jersey helmet and is holding Jets pom poms. The bartender says,"Hey! No pets allowed in...
Views: 341   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 28, 2007 10:45pm
by I didn't say tha...
d
Diane
Who puts out a show calendar
Looking for a show calendar.That includes AB & Specialites. Where can I find one.? Does the gazette have one.? I know they put out the Events catalog monthly. But wanted something more then that. A nice calendar would be nice. TIA
Views: 393   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 28, 2007 5:34pm
by Diane
Second Thigh
I recently heard a discussion about a dog's second thigh -- what is this? What is a good one and what is a bad one? Thx
Views: 577   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 28, 2007 2:50pm
by Rycroft Labrador...
Bare Bones
I had really hoped to find results somewhere - like here Must be that everyone went to the Sat and Sun shows so that nobody was available to report the results.
Views: 581   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 28, 2007 2:13pm
by Maureen Gamble
what's the big deal
I was at a friends 3 wks ago, no mention of puppies due. Yesterday he writes that they have a litter just arrived are they ashamed, assumed I already knew? why not talk about it when I was there? There were pleanty of opportunities as we discussed breedings, whelpin...
Views: 730   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 28, 2007 2:04pm
by MYOB
m
MeToo
Heart of Texas
Any results from Heart of Texas??
Views: 644   Replies: 24
Last Post: Oct 28, 2007 1:11pm
by YaHoo
d
diane
raisin toxicity cross post
From the Bernese Mtn Dog list: This week I had the first case in history of raisin toxicity ever seen at MedVet. My patient was a 56-pound, 5 yr old male neutered lab mix that ate half a canister of raisins sometime between 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM on Tuesday. He st...
Views: 225   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 28, 2007 11:48am
by Bea Caswell
Puerto Rico Shows
Does anyone have results (WD/WB/BOB) from the PR shows the past few days? All I know is that Mango won the other day (congrats!) Can anyone fill us in? TIA
Views: 282   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 28, 2007 11:45am
by Stuck at home an...
Tiny white hairs
What causes the tiny white hairs on blacks and chocolate coats? Not chest. other places. TIA
Views: 494   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 28, 2007 9:37am
by Breeder
LABRADORS TOY
Where can I find some duck toys for my labradors? Someone told me there is a website which we can get some toys for increasing they're retrieve instinct.. any clues?
Views: 412   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 28, 2007 9:08am
by Diane
worming reaction in young puppies
my lab friend told me about this forum... i have a litter of rotties. vet recommended to worm at 2 weeks. i did-used NemexII, and 3 days later-my puppies started to fall apart. by day 5 the littlist one first-started with diarreah, became VERY lethargic-ended up...
Views: 356   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 28, 2007 8:46am
by kris/Cascobaylab...
Barebones?
I saw the sweeps winners. Any more results?
Views: 366   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 28, 2007 7:53am
by Breeder
l
Linda
Cost of a puppy
Where is the site that explains to a puppy buyer why pups from good, reputable breeders cost more than fly by night breeders.
Views: 662   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 28, 2007 12:22am
by Jen
j
jen l
OUR new champion in Puerto Rico!!
Hey everyone. Just got word that my yellow b*tch 'Mango' aka CH Snowden Hills Mango Crazy JH, RA, WC, CGC, CC got her championship in Puerto Rico today under judge Donna Buxton!!!!! Mango is owned by Robin Anderson, Gerrie Owren, and of course me. Many big th...
Views: 778   Replies: 49
Last Post: Oct 27, 2007 5:56pm
by kathy s.
Can purebred labs have markings?
I found this photo of a lab. Can this be a purebred with the coloring? http://www.hunt101.com/img/438850.jpg
Views: 798   Replies: 8
Last Post: Oct 27, 2007 4:16pm
by could be
pee pee everywhere
I have a mom with a two week old litter and when she gets up from the whelping box the rugs are very wet...She laid on the flood today and a puddle of urine was left~~ very dilute urine...She is drinking A LOT....No temp, eating very well, puppies ok...Do you think i...
Views: 507   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 27, 2007 3:37pm
by Worried breeder
r
Robin
My story of the CA fires
Hi all! I'm writing this to let people know what is going on with the fires and their impact on me and my dogs. I evacuated Sunday as my house, near Ramona was right in the path of the Witch Creek fire, still 35 miles away at this point, and the smoke was horrendou...
Views: 526   Replies: 19
Last Post: Oct 27, 2007 2:51pm
by Robin
Labrador puzzles
I am looking for puzzles with Labradors as theme. Would like to do and frame. Anyone bought one recently or know of a good site that has one?
Views: 381   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 27, 2007 2:35pm
by Maureen Gamble
hailstone/salt & pepper
I know I have read about puppies acquiring white hairs along the back and there was a picture I remember? I just can't remember where. I found the photo of hailstone labs in MRWs book. Has anyoen have experience with the salt and pepper occuring in chocolates? Als...
Views: 462   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 27, 2007 2:32pm
by Maureen Gamble
Bare bones
Anyone have results ???????????
Views: 452   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 27, 2007 1:25pm
by L Witts
out of coat tail = rat tail :(
I'm curious if anyone has any tricks to make an out of coat tail look a bit better for a show? I've noticed a lot of dogs out of coat right now but their tails look to have been "poofed up" somehow to where it looks semi-normal at least Tips anyone? Handlers...
Views: 463   Replies: 12
Last Post: Oct 27, 2007 12:47pm
by Gail R
Optigen
Has anyone heard of Optigen offering reduced fees for checking the offspring from two normal parents? I heard it was and I looked but didn't see where it says so. TIA
Views: 410   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 27, 2007 10:35am
by Linda
Mandatory Spay and Neuter in Palm Beach County
I live in Palm Beach, Florida the county is planning on a mandatory spay and neuter of all dogs I need help spreading the word and any ideas how to combat the issue. Below is an email I sent out to all the Dog Clubs both All Breed and Specialty to get the word out an...
Views: 288   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 27, 2007 7:49am
by Barbara
Bare Bones?
Any results???
Views: 418   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 27, 2007 6:35am
by Premium says Oct...
Views: 359   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 26, 2007 8:31pm
by Mary Ann Hart
Lab Top 10
I have found a few lists but they are all different. What list does everyone go by?
Views: 769   Replies: 18
Last Post: Oct 26, 2007 6:51pm
by Is Politeness Ex...
allergies and breeding
Is there any evidence/ research that shows that certain types of skin/ear allergies are hereditary? I know many prefer not to breed a lab with say ear infections occasionally, but I was wondering what research has been done. Also I was curious if anyone ever had a bi...
Views: 516   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 26, 2007 4:29pm
by no corn
St. Louis Judging Schedule
Has anyone received the judging schedule for the St. Louis specialty? Any idea when it will be online?
Views: 366   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 26, 2007 3:53pm
by Diane Wehrheim
Teddie comes home
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2007/10/26/lewis.missing.dog.found.kusi copy/paste....HEART WARMING!!!!!!!!!
Views: 557   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 26, 2007 2:48pm
by life begins at 5...
a
AnnaH
Winnebago Sweeps & Supported Entry
WLRC Sweeps and Supported Entry December 15 & 16 in Rosemont, Illinois (less than ½ hour from O’Hare airport), Donald Stephens Convention Center, easy access, underground unloading and loading. Entries close November 28th http://www.onofrio.com/shwpu...
Views: 335   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 26, 2007 12:37pm
by AnnaH
t
Tidbit
Laryngeal Paralysis
Thanks to everyone who posted...I Googled and found a very intersting account of one dog and it mentioned a couple of meds to possibly use to keep them comfortable.(will be talking to vet about these) We also did bloodwork and it has all come back normal. We will mo...
Views: 342   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 26, 2007 11:59am
by Tidbit
Ophthalmologist in Howell, NJ
Can someone please refer a name or 2 for an Ophthalmologist in the Howell, NJ area TIA
Views: 399   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 26, 2007 11:42am
by Concerned
Uncle Ham's Newsletter - Do You Remember?
I'm wondering how many people remember Uncle Ham's Newsletter from back in the 80's and early to mid 90's? It was a really light hearted, fun thing that Ed H. put out (only we weren't supposed to know who Uncle Ham really was). I still have a copy of the issue he pu...
Views: 547   Replies: 19
Last Post: Oct 26, 2007 11:41am
by carla hyndman
Day 5 of a heat
Remember me? I asked about the young female that was showing odd behaviour just prior to starting her heat? Well, as I posted on Sunday/Monday, she came into heat. It was 10 months since her last heat cycle. I have an intact male who showed some interest in...
Views: 393   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 26, 2007 11:27am
by Nancy Rudgers
t
Tidbit
Laryngeal Paralysis
Anyone have any experience in dealing with this in an older dog. We just had a 12 1/2yr old diagnosed with it. I will google it to get info, but thought maybe someone on the forum may have personal experience.. TIA
Views: 420   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 26, 2007 10:33am
by Dev' Sun Labrad...
s
Show
Judges Gift Ideas
Any help in this area? What have clubs given to male and female judges which you think were well received. If you are a judge what items have you received which you liked?
Views: 412   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 26, 2007 6:40am
by Linda
d
doggie
DOG FOODS
WHAT IS THE MOST POPULAR DRY FOOD PEOPLE ARE FEEDING?????
Views: 457   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 26, 2007 12:04am
by .My vote
u
URZ
Nail Clippers
What is the best nail clipper for a large dog? I have a Resco for large dogs and the blade can be replaced but it gets dull sooo fast. I wonder about other types of clippers and if they stay sharp. Maybe it's time for a change. I don't really want to use a Dremel...
Views: 320   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 25, 2007 11:16pm
by Kathy Taleos
Congrats!
Congratulations to Adrienne Berrarducci and her beloved Gia, winning back-to-back Winners Bitch, plus a Best Of Breed and a Group 3 at the Albany dog shows!
Views: 694   Replies: 12
Last Post: Oct 25, 2007 9:26pm
by Adrienne
Pro plan and allergies
I recently switched to pro plan and I have been very happy with it. The allergy thread got me thinking about corn allergies. I know the pro plan line they are currently on has the second ingredient of corn gluten meal and my one girl has had an increase of ear and sk...
Views: 585   Replies: 24
Last Post: Oct 25, 2007 8:38pm
by Susan ~ Fenwyck
Multiple litters at one time
How can some people that call themselves breeders have 3, 4 or even more litters within a few days of each other? And, how can that many litters possibly be properly cared for and socialized? Just to make it look good, some of these people belong to lab clubs. Puppy...
Views: 1542   Replies: 90
Last Post: Oct 25, 2007 7:45pm
by Annomouse
back to back to back to back breedings HA HA
I think this was mentioned before, but if a bitch, oh say age 3, is bred back to back 7 months apart, do you rest 2 cycles? I have no clue as it is usually 2 years between litters here. I am trying to have a discussion with a friend and have really no idea what to...
Views: 866   Replies: 13
Last Post: Oct 25, 2007 7:28pm
by Faith Hyndman
Question about the forum
On another forum, if you make a spelling error or want to change or even delete your own post, you can do so. Is there any way to do that here, on your own? Or do you have to go through the administrator?
Views: 732   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 25, 2007 3:15pm
by life begins at 5...
Crutiate Surgery and the AKC
Thought I would find out about the rules having to do with Crutiate surgery and showing. I emailed the AKC directly, someone I know there, who went to the awards/show department and they e mailed me back. Below is the answer: Susan, The Board Policy states:...
Views: 669   Replies: 14
Last Post: Oct 25, 2007 3:13pm
by just another bre...
Dog Fancy Magazine Ad
Did anyone get this email? I am wondering if its legit?? I have no clue how to research to find out other then the call, and of course they wont tell me "sure we are a scam" Hello! I'm Dominic from Dog Fancy magazine and I wanted to send you a quick email t...
Views: 678   Replies: 17
Last Post: Oct 25, 2007 2:55pm
by Dominic Melanson
L/Q Due out who will be 1st?
I just checked Hoflins site and Lab Quarterly is due out 10/30. Wonder who will get the first one? I am distracted the whole day once I get it from the mail box :)
Views: 502   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 25, 2007 1:59pm
by S.Balfe
???? what is slander?
the actual naming of a kennel in a current thread makes me wonder? If those ppl get the names/info on the folks posting is there a problem in store for them? We can NOT and should not expect to "police" the whole world. I would think that doing the best you c...
Views: 890   Replies: 26
Last Post: Oct 25, 2007 1:49pm
by sick of suck ups
d
Dayna
Small litter
I just had my first small litter. There are only 2 pups in the litter. I was wondering if I should increase the bitches food at all or just leave the same? We usually increase food at about 3 weeks before due date but did not this time because we thought we had no...
Views: 627   Replies: 12
Last Post: Oct 25, 2007 12:53pm
by Curious
CFODC Fire Fund
got this from PETPAC today: Prayers to all involved with this horrible fire. Susan Ten of thousands of pets are in peril because of the devastating fires blanketing Southern California, Susan Sholar, President of the California Federation of Dog Clubs (...
Views: 323   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 25, 2007 8:49am
by Susan @ Weymouth
Helping Calif Dogs & Owners
I saw this was already in a thread but did not want people who wanted to help to miss the contact information. AKC and CFODC sending help to fire victims Please feel free to cross-post!! In the face of advancing flames, and under urgent evacuation orders, pe...
Views: 448   Replies: 8
Last Post: Oct 25, 2007 8:46am
by Joan McInnis
any results form the Del Valle show
just wondering if anyone had the results from the show with cheryl curtis judging??
Views: 317   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 24, 2007 10:58pm
by Rycroft Labrador...
TVD Research
The Labrador Club I belong to is in the process of determining our annual donation recipient. One thought is to donate to research on TVD. I would appreciate any suggestions on universities or other organizations doing research on this issue.
Views: 378   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 24, 2007 10:27pm
by Judy Heim
Discharge from the eye of a newly opened eye on pup
Anyone ever had discharge from the eyes of a pup that the eyes just opened? I have one pup who's eyes opened yesterday and there is a greenish discharge coming out from it even today :{... what should I do? I tried calling the optamologist and she's out of town til...
Views: 294   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 24, 2007 9:33pm
by Mel
Innova puppy food?
Anyone use it successfully on young puppies??? Any other holistic foods successfully used on young puppies??
Views: 328   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 24, 2007 7:47pm
by wondering breede...
t
Torn
cruciate repair
Does cruciate repair disqualify a dog from showing? Looked at AKC rules, and it is not on the list of corrective surgeries. Thanks for any info!
Views: 483   Replies: 19
Last Post: Oct 24, 2007 5:11pm
by BTDT
??? about websites
I need help. I would like to have a website, but when it comes to computers I am lost! If I were to try it myself, can anyone recomend a "self help" book or a computer program on the subject? I hear there are free "host" sites where you can set up a web page. If I...
Views: 655   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 24, 2007 4:11pm
by getting in the s...
Talking cute !
Who do the very cute Lab puppys on the front of the new L.L.Bean Holiday cover belong to. Very cute, great pigment. They look ready for the holiday season.
Views: 419   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 24, 2007 1:34pm
by Private
So.Ca.Fires
The Fires here in Ca. are horrible. Although I am not near any of them I know of several breeders that are and you cannot get through on the phone lines because they are so busy. The San Diego Fire is the biggest and no end in sight. Please send your prayers...
Views: 459   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 24, 2007 11:54am
by Gwen
See your dog?
Some of these looked very familiar. Thought I would share. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4KZTU_9JBc
Views: 639   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 24, 2007 7:49am
by Susan ~ Fenwyck
Golden Gate results?
Anyone knows?
Views: 543   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 24, 2007 7:32am
by Paulo - DICROFT ...
s
Sarita
Mid-Jersey Lab Health Clinic - Nov. 11, 2007
For all the last minute nellies - if anyone is interested, there are still openings available, esp. for heart, microchip and optigen testing. Feel free to pass this along to any other dog lists you may belong to. To download the full registration flyer go to http...
Views: 435   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 24, 2007 12:04am
by Sarita
m
mw
Iroquois Pictures?
Hi, I was wondering if anyone would know if there are some pictures from the Iroquois specialty out on the web somewhere? Thanks Terri
Views: 372   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 23, 2007 10:24pm
by Becky
CONGRATS BRAZIL YOU DID IT!
I'd like to say congratulations to all those who participated in the SPECIALTY SHOW in Brazil on the last 19th. Not only to the winners but also to those, who in somehow, gave a friendly support for that marvelous event under Mrs. Sharon A. Parr judgement. as a matt...
Views: 412   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 23, 2007 8:09pm
by ^^brazilian bree...
m
maryc
offa for the xray of the patella
Is anyone starting to use this xray/clearances for their breeding program?
Views: 410   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 23, 2007 8:07pm
by maryc
CONGRATS BRAZIL YOU DID IT!
I'd like to say congratulations to all those who participated in the SPECIALTY SHOW in Brazil on the last 19th. Not only to the winners but also to those, who in somehow, gave a friendly support for that marvelous event under Mrs. Sharon A. Parr judgement. as a matt...
Views: 291   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 23, 2007 8:05pm
by ^^brazilian bree...
Puppy MIlls
The term Puppy Mill has different meanings for different people. To some a Puppy Mill is simply any place that mass produces puppies. The problem with that is people also have different opinions of the term Mass Produce. To some it's more than 2 or 3 litters a ye...
Views: 564   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 23, 2007 7:47pm
by Janic
Sweeps
I know about regular classes but have not entered a sweepstake. Are points awarded for sweeps or are they just for fun? I did not find any info regarding points and sweeps on the AKC site. TIA.
Views: 509   Replies: 12
Last Post: Oct 23, 2007 7:26pm
by NO!!!!!!!!!
f
FV
Anonymity on the Internet
I know the anonymous vs. login debate has been discussed to death. That said, there's a very interesting article on Anonymity on the Internet in Forbes this month (week?)
Views: 715   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 23, 2007 6:40pm
by life begins at 5...
a
anon
So teach me about slipped stifles and luxating patellas
Are they the same thing? Are they inherited? Would you ever breed a dog with them? Sorry a newbie here - teach me - don't flame me! Thanks
Views: 464   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 23, 2007 6:26pm
by Pet owner
m
Muffin
Congratulations!
To Sharlene Cook on her handsome chocolate boy, Highcaliber Warrior Spirit, a Glenn Plaid son, who took WD, BOB, and a GROUP 2 on Saturday and WD, BOS on Sunday.
Views: 485   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 23, 2007 5:17pm
by Muffin
British KC publish prcd-PRA results
From now on The British Kennel Club publishes all results for KC registered Labradors who have been Optigen tested for prcd-PRA. All results can be seen: clear, carriers and affected. Please go to: http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/1490 and open the PDF file...
Views: 518   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 23, 2007 4:06pm
by Southland Breede...
Supplementing pregnant bitches with calcium
What about pregnant bitches and calcium? Some people say you should supplement - others say no way because it can cause eclampsia? Do you supplement with a multi vitamin like Pet tabs and if so, one or two a day? Someone give me the run down.....and also when d...
Views: 494   Replies: 37
Last Post: Oct 23, 2007 3:28pm
by Patty/Snowco Lab...
b
Becky
"Bait" - What do you use ?
We'll be getting ready for our first show with Bella(so excited lol) and have been wondering what bait to use. We don't want to use any treat we give at home, as it should be "extra special" and something only given during shows. When we went to our last show, to wat...
Views: 561   Replies: 14
Last Post: Oct 23, 2007 3:09pm
by getting in the s...
Congratulations
Big Congrats to Cathy Franklin and her friend Jean -- their Franklin Hills bred btch was WB,BOW in Arizona this weekend for a major!!
Views: 504   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 23, 2007 12:28pm
by Cathy V
d
Debi
Rapid City SD Shows
I seen a post on another Forum but the winners were not posted. Does anyone know who picked up majors in Rapid City SD over the weekend?
Views: 310   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 23, 2007 11:59am
by Marie Z
c
Corey
Puppy mills article
I live in Tulsa Oklahoma, and the Tulsa World has been running a series of articles on puppy mills in Oklahoma. Oklahoma has the most dog breeders in general in the country according to the newspaper. The article is great and I thought you guys might want to take a...
Views: 452   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 23, 2007 11:51am
by Corey
Pets and unentered dogs and children and strollers
I am really worried about these coming to shows,especially ringside where there is a lot of confusion and crowding. And especially indoor all breed shows but outdoor shows also. Children and strollers put their faces right in line with dog faces, and all it would ta...
Views: 946   Replies: 49
Last Post: Oct 23, 2007 11:34am
by Alexandra
Another Update on 5-Month old with Cancer
I just wanted to let all of you who were so kind with your help and advice when one of my 5-month puppies was diagnosed with a malignent mass cell tumor. The puppy had surgery last Tuesday to remove what was left of the tumor. My puppy owner called me today to let...
Views: 407   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 23, 2007 10:54am
by Patty/Snowco Lab...
MJLRC ~ A heartfelt thank you!
Kim, the girls and I returned from MJLRC last night (Sunday). We went house hunting on Saturday and Sunday after the MJLRC specialty. All we could talk about for those two days were the members of MJLRC and their superb hospitality. We send a heartfelt thank you...
Views: 469   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 23, 2007 9:41am
by me too!
Del Valle Please
We are far away from the great USA, and desperate to know the results at Del Valle, specialiiy Winnie Limbowrne showing. Please
Views: 516   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 22, 2007 10:24pm
by Far Aaway
Christmas pups
I have a question. OK a week or so ago someone started a post about how bad it was to have Christmas pups. Ok I understand the reasoning, yet on the other forum some of the people saying how bad it was have pups for Christmas just whelped or are whelping pups, timi...
Views: 582   Replies: 19
Last Post: Oct 22, 2007 8:58pm
by Candyheart
"preformance food" when showing--do you use it?
The post on coat got me to thinking. Nancy said she feeds Proplan Preformance. I haven't been showing in a while but I noticed my girl was sort of "down" when we got home. Is this show stress? She just wasn't herself and kept away from everyone. She threw up som...
Views: 380   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 22, 2007 7:54pm
by Yellwlab (Liz)
Erin Hall contact info
I'm looking for contact info for Erin Hall.
Views: 404   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 22, 2007 7:25pm
by Erin Hall
Pyo After First Heat?
Has anyone experienced pyo after a first heat cycle? I have an 11 month old who started her first heat around Sept 15, and just began to bleed/flow again yesterday. She is at the vet now for blood work, but I thought it was odd for a first heat, so soon after the c...
Views: 390   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 22, 2007 6:39pm
by Chris Campbell
Supplements for coat
I give my gang a multi-purpose supplement with their kibble, but I am looking for something to improve their skin and coat. I heard 'oils' to their food will help.... I heard everything from salmon oil to flax seed to cod liver. I am looking to optimize the coat of m...
Views: 567   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 22, 2007 6:10pm
by Linda @ Koi Pond
drive-thru window treats
headed out this LOVELY Monday to do errands etc here, as usual one of the gang went along for the ride and the chance at cookies / treats at the various stops we make. First the Bank, always a nice cookie there, next stop Tim Hortons for my coffee and pumpkin doughn...
Views: 481   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 22, 2007 3:01pm
by I love Tim
Mid Jersey WD
Does anyone know who was the WD? TIA
Views: 835   Replies: 24
Last Post: Oct 22, 2007 2:52pm
by Patty/Snowco Lab...
Help with badly constipated puppies
I have had in the past puppies that got constipated from ingesting the hair from the mother dog and have always used laxatone to get things going but with these pups who are 10 days old and are only still about a pound and a half it doesn't seem to be working. The...
Views: 517   Replies: 13
Last Post: Oct 22, 2007 1:12pm
by Mel
Kudos to MJLRC Show Committee!!
Thanks to all of you for a really great show! Every year you put on a terrific event but this year you out did yourselves! The special pin commenorating your 25th anniversary added a special touch and the hosted hospitality buffet Thursday was simply outstanding! Eve...
Views: 433   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 22, 2007 12:43pm
by Blackwatch
Temp/Behaviour
I have a bitch that is now 10 months since her last heat cycle. She is not showing any signs of heat. Today, she was completely normal outside playing with supervision, and tonight she would not eat her dinner. Later tonight, she started acting off. Not her norma...
Views: 582   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 22, 2007 12:23pm
by Jackie, Black Sa...
d
Debi
Puppy Vaccines/Wormer
I know this has been answered to death. But it is interesting to see what schedule we all use for puppies. 2, 4, 6 worm 6, 9, 12 Puppy Vaccines Straight Parvo at 14 weeks followed by a Bordatell...what age? I hate to shoot that stuff up a 6 week old puppy no...
Views: 343   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 22, 2007 11:10am
by Susan ~ Fenwyck
National 2008
Can anyone tell me where the national is next year --and the dates if known.....judges too, if known. Thanks
Views: 422   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 22, 2007 10:17am
by Corey
l
Lauren
National Brag
Just a small brag (a bit Late due to a litter of puppies 9 hours after I got home) from the 2007 National. CH Lands End Whatever She Wants CDX MH. Passed the Master test High Scoring CH of record (Open B) BOTH DAYS High Scoring Breeder/Handler (Open B) BOTH Days...
Views: 515   Replies: 8
Last Post: Oct 22, 2007 9:39am
by Well Done
Progesterone conversion
Hi! Last year someone had posted a simple conversion (divide by ????) to convert nmols to ngrams. My computer crashed and I lost the conversion rate. In our small community in Canada we receive the progesterone level in nmols but everyone (including myself) relies...
Views: 414   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 22, 2007 1:07am
by CdnNewbieBreeder
GGLRC Sweepstakes--Saturday
Best in Sweepstakes: Longview Sunkist Honeybuns Best of Opposite: Ghoststone Riverlane Helz Angel Best in Veteran Sweepstakes: Ch. Sureshot Baloo Best of Opposite: Rycroft's Truly Remarquable Congratulations to all the winners and my sincere t...
Views: 436   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 22, 2007 12:33am
by Al Knox
GGLRC--WD/WB
Congratulations to: Winner's Dog: Nipntuck Hyspire Unforgettable Winner's Bitch: Heartsong's A Cappella I'm a bit dog showed out at the moment and really want to get home so I am not staying for Best of Breed, some one else will have to fill us in on t...
Views: 579   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 22, 2007 12:32am
by Shirley
Del Valle
Any Results from Del Valle? I know it was a 4 point major...
Views: 345   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 22, 2007 12:30am
by diana
Brag ~ Weymouths Magic Roundabout
I wanted to share a brag for my friend Susan of Weymouth Labradors! Her 'Dougal', Weymouth's Magic Roundabout, went BOS in Sweeps at the Mid Jersey Specialty under judge Lori Bentine (Tremont) on Thursday, Oct 18th! Dougal was bred by Susan, and is he owned by Susa...
Views: 409   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 21, 2007 10:30pm
by Susan @ Weymouth
n
Del Valle Show
Anybody knows who the winners are?
Views: 379   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 21, 2007 9:19pm
by Newbie
b
Becky
Anyone have any pictures/info for these Labs ??
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any pictures of /or any information on the following Labs : Boradors Twisted Sister Dickendal A-Ha Ch. Martinstide Poser Ch. Tantara's Oh Suzanna Buckley's Tootsiepop( by Ch. Hilltop Countryside Barnbunter out of Kresland's...
Views: 828   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 21, 2007 5:41pm
by Becky
n
Bitch over Bitch
Sorry to bother, but I think the experts can help me here, please. I have to bitches, a 4 year old and a 8 year old, last days the older one thinks she is a male and is trying to breed with the little one, or humps over her and she starts moving like she is a male...
Views: 548   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 21, 2007 3:59pm
by Alpha Bitch
d
Debbie
What a trip !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Got home last night from MJLRC. The full story of Encore's (new BISS CH. Windfall's Banner Major Attraction) escapades has to be told, Rebecca had never gone to MJLRC before and was excited to go. My hubby was (I THOUGHT) going duck hunting in northern MI, so I wasn'...
Views: 624   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 21, 2007 3:33pm
by Jeannine
Specialties
I am sorry, the Golden Gate Specialty is different than del Valle Specialty, or they work together the same days, or are different days? or what Thank you,
Views: 450   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 21, 2007 12:18pm
by Lauren
BISS Ch. Liddle Leaping Leo
I'm not sure if my computer is working okay or not, but I did not see anyone ask or anyone post the results of Fridays MJLRC. The only results I know are that a big congrats is due to Gary & Laura witts who won BOB both days!!!!!!! With a beautiful bitch who never...
Views: 799   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 21, 2007 9:35am
by Gerrie Owren
GGLRC Sweepstakes-Friday
Congratulations to the following winners: Best in Sweepstakes: Gingerbred Rimrock Caile Best of Opposite in Sweepstakes: Simerdown Polaris Best in Veterans Sweepstakes: Rycroft's Truly Remarquable* Best of Opposite in Veterans Sweepstakes: Ch....
Views: 510   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 21, 2007 12:05am
by Linda Maffett
GGLRC Results--Friday
Best of Breed: Ch. Ghoststone Hyspire Dressed To Impress Best of Opposite: Ch. Gingerbred Party Shoes Winner's Dog/Best of Winner's: Talimar's Trendsetter Winner's Bitch: Cloud Nine Iragorri Jams: Ch. Simerdown Dr. Pepper Ch. Winterwynd's Rough Wat...
Views: 690   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 20, 2007 10:30pm
by AM CAN BREEDER
Kennel Cough in 3 week old litter??? Worried!!
Has anyone else dealt with KC in 3 week old pups? If so, What was given (if anything) and how was the outcome? I am worried sick about them and vet says do nothing but keep them warm. We picked up KC at a specialty a few weeks ago and 2 of our dogs ended...
Views: 449   Replies: 17
Last Post: Oct 20, 2007 9:43pm
by Joy
m
MikeM
Jeff DePorter
Many of you will remember that three weeks ago Jeff DePorter had a stroke while getting ready to attend the Huron River LRC specialty. While he is starting to get stronger and show some progression, he is still in the stroke center at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit....
Views: 562   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 20, 2007 8:23pm
by MikeM
Buckcreek Labs?
Hi everyone! Does anyone know the Buckcreek Labs website? I tried google but I didn't get any result... thank you!!!
Views: 510   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 20, 2007 7:36pm
by Show Bred
GGLRC Results--Saturday
Any results from today?
Views: 384   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 20, 2007 7:01pm
by For Rycroft
placing a dog with known problem
I have a 2yo diagnosed with FCP Grade II in one elbow and GR I in other elbow. GR II elbow does cause limping and definately dog is on exercise restrictions. He is a beloved pet, but was to be part of a breeding program. Dog is happy, playful, great in basic obedien...
Views: 600   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 20, 2007 5:57pm
by Breeder Two
j
Jan
MJRLC Best and Best Opp Sweeps
Best and Best Opp Thursday Epochs Dooney Anne Bourke Best Opp. Weymouth's Magic Roundabout Best and Best Opp Friday Ark Angels Taste of the Tropic Best Opp Chablais Favel congrats to all breeders/owners on a lovely group of puppies!!!!!
Views: 547   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 20, 2007 3:28pm
by Jan
d
DebiR
Furniture Fabric
I don't think I have seen this out here. I am probably going to have to buy new living room furniture and YES the Labs and old Cocker gets on the furniture....I was wondering what kind of fabric works best with dogs. My old couch and love seat have held up very well...
Views: 488   Replies: 15
Last Post: Oct 20, 2007 12:34pm
by Just Breeder
b
Bob
Mid-Jersey seminar
To Mary Wiest and all the fine people from the MJLRC, Thank-you for a very nice and well done seminar!!
Views: 325   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 20, 2007 8:56am
by bdr
Mid Jersey Results??
Any news yet?
Views: 764   Replies: 23
Last Post: Oct 19, 2007 10:45pm
by Cascobaylabs/Kri...
Interdigital cysts
Has anyone had experience with this? A friend's two year old dog (out of my girl) just had to had one surgically removed and now has one on another foot. Just curious as to the cause, treatment, and perhaps even prevention if that is possible. I promised I would c...
Views: 383   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 19, 2007 10:12pm
by Nancy Tanner
Updated Specialty Calendar
I have posted an updated specialty show calendar. It's been several months since an update, so it was about time to get one up online. If you have an update for your club in 2008, please feel free to pass it along to be included. Michelle
Views: 404   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 19, 2007 8:59pm
by Show Bred
m
M
Central Ohio LRC - Judging Program
Is the judging program for Central Ohio online anywhere. I've looked on the club website and the show secretary website and didn't see it posted. Curious about the numbers and breakdowns.
Views: 407   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 19, 2007 6:02pm
by M
puppy scale
Where did you get the puppy scale you use and what kind do you recommend?
Views: 559   Replies: 25
Last Post: Oct 19, 2007 5:45pm
by Deb
Don't normally do this...
Well, I must congratulate Rebecca Cook for the great news out of Mid-Jersey today! Windfall Banner's Major Attraction AKA Encore is now CH Windfall Banner's Major Attraction going Winners Dog and his kennel mate Ljutic Lane's Remember Me AKA Lil' Ljutic going RWD....
Views: 1028   Replies: 20
Last Post: Oct 19, 2007 4:07pm
by Leslie@Gorsebroo...
p
Photos
taking photos
Can someone help me get some info on this topic. I designed my own site and graphics. I have many of my own photos on my site and those taken by show photographers. I just came across a site with my dog on it. Cropped photos. My head and the judge cut out of the phot...
Views: 611   Replies: 16
Last Post: Oct 19, 2007 2:49pm
by MK
2008 National
Anyone know where the National will be held in 2008....and the dates???
Views: 529   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 19, 2007 2:31pm
by Kinsey Labradors
Live Transmission on a Specialty - Brazil
Hi Everyone, Tomorrow we have our club spring specialty, that is going to be judged under Mrs. Sharon Parr from Delight Labradors (USA). The club is trying to do something different this year and we are going to do a LIVE Transmission on internet of our special...
Views: 598   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 19, 2007 12:39pm
by Trina
Looking for vet in Schertz TX area
I am visiting my daughter in Schertz TX., which is NE of San Antonio. She's in the Army (she and her husband recently returned from Iraq), and I recently sent her a dog. The post vet will do his routine vet stuff, but he doesn't neuter (what's with that?). She is i...
Views: 278   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 19, 2007 12:28pm
by Dian Welle
Chocolate stud dogs with Dickendall????
Ok, anyone know of chocolate stud dogs with Dickendall in their pedigree? Looking to line breed a bitch on these lines and finding a good chocolate boy is a hard thing to do, let along a certain pedigree!! Thanks!!
Views: 1104   Replies: 24
Last Post: Oct 19, 2007 12:09pm
by Debbie
ILR ?
So, I paid for a year's subscription to ILR back in late spring, and have yet to receive an issue. Has anyone else gotten an issue lately? Is there scheduled times/months when issues come out? Any info would be helpful.
Views: 476   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 19, 2007 5:56am
by Laurie
b
Bob
Smelly feet
We all know the 'aroma' so common to Lab feet. After years and years of having Labs my wife is beginning to be bothered by the smell as it transfers to our carpeting. We just shampood our carpet a week ago, and often try to use Fabreez, but that doesn't do much. J...
Views: 408   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 19, 2007 12:14am
by Bob
Mentor gone wrong
What would you do if your mentor for years went ahead and said she will breed a bitch knowing she had failed an eye test? She said they all do it. She does not want to lose the line. I hear some do the same with hips/elbows fails. I am sick in my stomach knowing...
Views: 1014   Replies: 27
Last Post: Oct 18, 2007 5:41pm
by Agree
OFA elbow question
I had my female's hips and elbows x-rayed today and the vet said he thinks they probably will not pass one of the elbows. Has anyone else had a vet say this yet the results proved different? I'm just prepared for the bad news, I guess. And by the way, how long doe...
Views: 676   Replies: 21
Last Post: Oct 18, 2007 5:04pm
by Quiet One
More photos from the Nationals
Wow, I think I may have finally recovered from last week and I apologize for not getting photos out sooner from the winner's dog class as well as from BOB. I had a little adventure coming home as I was driving home by myself. I had a shock come loose on my van...
Views: 642   Replies: 12
Last Post: Oct 18, 2007 4:01pm
by J. Musella
Finding Repro Vet
I have recently moved and have to find new vets. I have a girl due to whelp soon so would like to find a repro vet I can trust for emergencies. There are a couple of repro vets that do very good work but are not on call, so if I were to need a c-section or other ca...
Views: 262   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 18, 2007 3:34pm
by Susan ~ Fenwyck
k
Karin
Type of food for a nursing bitch
The other post about the AMOUNT to feed had me wondering about the type of food ya'll feed. I currently feed a great all life stages food which also has a "sister" grain free food. Do you normally switch to giving the Mom puppy food, or do you just give MORE of wha...
Views: 259   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 18, 2007 1:49pm
by Wade Sutton
bordering a rating?
I am curious as to what Bordering Excellent means on a hip rating posted on a web site I surfed onto? Does that mean 2 of the 3 OFA Vets rated Excellent and the other diagnosed Good? Isn't it the majority of the 3 or am I mistaken? A rating is a rating though isn't...
Views: 479   Replies: 8
Last Post: Oct 18, 2007 1:29pm
by B
Palpating for Pregnancy
How do you do it and when? I think I feel pups, but it may be wishful thinking I do have a friend coming down who it very good at it, but it won’t be till the end of the week and I’m impatient. Thanks for the help.
Views: 453   Replies: 18
Last Post: Oct 18, 2007 12:39pm
by JanG
Amounts Fed to a Nursing Bitch?
Hi all, I was having a discussion with a friend today about feeding amounts for a nursing bitch. He seems to feed a lot less than I do. I am curious to hear what any of you feed your females when they are nursing. Realizing that the size of the litter is a fact...
Views: 302   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 18, 2007 9:40am
by Melissa
d
Donna
Facts about BIS CH Ridge View Call My Bluff & CH Ridge View No Fear MH
Now I know why I dont post on public forums. As the breeder & owner of both these great dogs. I believe Most of Bluffs friends & suporters know he was injured from a fall down the stairs as a pup & he will not get a OFA elbow clearence.I am also the breeder of both...
Views: 1368   Replies: 26
Last Post: Oct 18, 2007 2:55am
by Stephen Wu
How Many of you do Early Puppy Neuro Stimulation exercises????
The thread below got me thinking about this because I have noticed that since I started doing them with my litters the puppies seem to assimilate into their new homes without any trouble.They don't seem to mind getting toenails trimmed and most of the new owners rep...
Views: 488   Replies: 12
Last Post: Oct 17, 2007 11:47pm
by Bob
Top Ten Reasons to Breed Dogs
Just saw this and thought it was rather cute! 1. You think the house if too orderly. 2. You're already an insomniac. 3. You want your vet to buy a new BMW. 4. Your furniture looks too new. 5. You love the sound of puppies in the morning, noon, afternoon, eveni...
Views: 545   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 17, 2007 11:10pm
by Another Breeder
CKC Non Breeding
Anyone tell me where on CKC registration paper it says non breeding? I cannot find it. TIA
Views: 396   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 17, 2007 10:01pm
by Kim-Pirate
n
Mid Jersey Specialty question
OK, new to this so please no flames! What does "KISS (Keep It Simple Specialty)" mean? Usually even at a specialty I try to dress like going to an AB show... but I don't want to be the only person there dressed up?! Does keep it simple mean jeans are mandatory...
Views: 424   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 17, 2007 8:44pm
by Heidi@Paradigm
American Eagle Breeders phone number
Hi All, Seems that the American Eagle Breeders website is gone and I would buy supplies from them, anyone have their phone number? Aloha, jackie
Views: 435   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 17, 2007 8:23pm
by Joy
Observations Please
I have always let my puppies go to their homes at 8 weeks but am considering placing them at 10 weeks after the fear period is over. I would like to hear from those who have placed pups at both 8 weeks and 10 weeks. Did you notice any differences and if so what wer...
Views: 937   Replies: 22
Last Post: Oct 17, 2007 6:37pm
by URZ
Weather forecast for GGLRC
Here is the weather forecast for the GGLRC/Del Valle weekend. Looks like we will have dry weather and nice temperatures! See you all there! Thu Oct 18 Partly Cloudy 70°/53° Fri Oct 19 Mostly Cloudy 71°/51° Sat Oct 20 P...
Views: 323   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 17, 2007 5:44pm
by Rycroft Labrador...
Looking for a Bc Pipemajor son
I am looking for a Pipemajor son that carries chocolate, Bc. Sadly with Annie gone I can't pick up the phone and call her to ask. I know of one litter that was born but is still young yet. I would like to know if there are any promising boys to follow? Please priva...
Views: 532   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 17, 2007 5:04pm
by Carol Lynn
Roommate for GGLRC?
I know this is short notice, but wanted to know if anyone would like to share a room with me for GGLRC? I have room reserved for all four nights (Thurs-Sun) if anyone would like to share? I will just have two girls with me (neither in heat). I do not smoke, but...
Views: 277   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 17, 2007 4:03pm
by Rycroft Labrador...
Legislative report Part 2
MISSOURI Lee's Summit - Council passed an ordinance that would amend Chapter 5 of the city's code of ordinances regarding animals, specifically regarding dangerous dogs. The amended animal ordinance requires dogs to be spayed or neutered at six months of age unles...
Views: 206   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 17, 2007 3:53pm
by Gina in PA
Leislative report part 3 - Texas - Wisconsin
Sorry it cut off the end.... TEXAS Amarillo city council found out they can not ban pit bulls. We looked into it and spoke to City Attorney Marcus Norris. He tells us that the city is not allowed. State law prohibits breed specific ordinances. What the city d...
Views: 192   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 17, 2007 2:47pm
by Gina in PA
Freedom with pups
How much play do you all allow 5 month old pups ? Just two of them. Freedom to play as rough as they want with each other ? Running on long walks ? Jumping down a short step ? Do you leave them together to play as they are growing ? I know to separate them some as t...
Views: 566   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 17, 2007 10:31am
by Joy
Legislative Report part 1
sorry for the size.... theres a LOT. STATES - in alphabetical order ALABAMA Anniston - City Council is looking at revisions (to their current animal control law) .after two high-profile pit bull attacks on Anniston residents over the summer...is considering...
Views: 326   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 17, 2007 9:42am
by Gina in PA
Earliest age for stud dogs first breeding ?
I know every dog is different, but what is the earliest or average age for a stud dogs first breeding?
Views: 671   Replies: 15
Last Post: Oct 17, 2007 8:45am
by Susan, MLL
TVD Research Funding/New Letter for distribution
Tricuspid valve dysplasia (TVD) Research/Funding Project The Matthew J. Ryan Veterinary Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, through Dr. Meg M. Sleeper, VMD, DACVIM-Cardiology, is interested in TVD research. Currently they are collecting data and blo...
Views: 392   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 17, 2007 4:28am
by Susan @ Weymouth
Spirit of St. Louis Labrador Retriever Club
Entries for our specialty close tomorrow. You can fax entries tomorrow. Call this # for information regarding faxed entries 800/992-8955. Hope to see you all there.
Views: 376   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 16, 2007 11:40pm
by Patty Wilcox
Congratulations and Thank you!
Not sure the circumstances were ideal, but you can't argue with the AKC when they tell you that you have a new champion. Due to a mistake at the Onondaga KC on Sept.29th, our Eve who was originally RWB, was awarded WB for her second major. Eve was shown by Norman G...
Views: 704   Replies: 13
Last Post: Oct 16, 2007 10:13pm
by Jennifer Kelly
t
Twiggy
Oh Where, oh where has the bone substance gone?
My cute little puppy is getting skinny legs. Help! Is there anything one can do to build bone substance?
Views: 706   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 16, 2007 8:44pm
by Jen
l
Labs
Reproduction Vet
Does anyone know a good reproduction vet in western NY? (Buffalo area)
Views: 431   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 16, 2007 8:41pm
by Susan, MLL
Color genetics re: fox reds
I know that I have some research to do on this, but I wanted to get some experienced thoughts/opinions. I currently have a litter of yellow pups. My girl, their dam, is pretty light in color, not white, but a light shade of yellow. The sire of the litter is a medi...
Views: 650   Replies: 14
Last Post: Oct 16, 2007 8:00pm
by Gregg
Home Again
Where do we update Home Again chips for new owners? I have left many messages at the Home Again site and via email. No response .....is it now CAR?
Views: 500   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 16, 2007 7:46pm
by Trish Richardson
Mid Jersey Weather
Chance of showers both days... With the Labrador specialty Murphy's Law, we'll be running around in muck boots by lunch time. Highs 75-78 degrees. At least it won't be a cold rain!
Views: 334   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 16, 2007 7:17pm
by Bdr
frozen semen X natural
I was told that if I breed my dam to a sire by frozen semen I'll get different results if I do it naturally.. any clues? thank you in advance
Views: 506   Replies: 16
Last Post: Oct 16, 2007 3:05pm
by BBE
Whelping box cleaning !
What do you all use to clean your whelping box if wood from litter to the next litter ? And do you think over years it should just be replaced ?
Views: 509   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 16, 2007 1:14pm
by Susan ~ Fenwyck
Yc to Cc
Input and opinions; no flames please regarding breeding a Yc bitch to a pure for Chocolate; Cc stud for a litter producing chocolate and black pups. (Not a Cy stud dog.) Is there any reason not to do a breeding of this sort and if so why? Have any of you done a b...
Views: 732   Replies: 26
Last Post: Oct 16, 2007 12:59pm
by Your Experience
m
MK
Cran Caps revisited
Greetings. I did a search but didn't find what I was looking for. My oldest female has a vaginal infection, second one in a year. Treating it with antibiotics, but thought I would try cran caps for her and my other spayed females. Figure it can't hurt. Can any...
Views: 368   Replies: 13
Last Post: Oct 16, 2007 12:39pm
by Patty/Snowco Lab...
Florida Breeders
Can anyone tell me what the stipulations are to fly a puppy out of Florida..is just a health certificate required or are proof of innoculations also required? I've got an inquiry from a natural rearing client who does not want her puppy vaccinated that young.
Views: 551   Replies: 15
Last Post: Oct 16, 2007 9:54am
by Tamlyn
Second a male or female
I know what I usually say, but what do you all say when someone wants a second Lab and have an older male 3 yrs. from you. What are the pros and cons of a new male pup or a new female pup. Temperaments in my lines are very laid back.
Views: 521   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 16, 2007 9:27am
by Sounds okay to m...
b
Beth
cutting the twizzle
Do I or don't I on 6 month old puppies for their first shows? It's so cute. I feel like a mother who has to take her child for his first haircut.
Views: 821   Replies: 20
Last Post: Oct 16, 2007 9:18am
by Nancy Rudgers
d
Diane
Nationals for 2008
Can Someone tell me where the Nationals are planned for next year. Wasn't able to go this year
Views: 732   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 16, 2007 7:10am
by breeder
Stud dog on drugs?
My male gets very anxious whenever his bitches go into heat. Has anyone ever given their male calming drugs from the vet for this time of anxiousness?
Views: 569   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 15, 2007 9:45pm
by Jen
Back Biting?
We're going to lose this forum if we don't stop back-biting each other! control yourselves!
Views: 671   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 15, 2007 9:25pm
by ?????
Potomac on Animal Planet?
To the people of Potomac,theres any way to talk to the Animal Planet or Discovery chanel networks so they can cover the event?Anyway were the #1 breed in AKC so we should have a lot of TV viewers.
Views: 713   Replies: 15
Last Post: Oct 15, 2007 8:21pm
by Annomouse
5 week old female with an innie
I have a 5 week old female with an innie vulva. I try to clean it a couple times a day. Should I be concerned at such a young age?
Views: 366   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 15, 2007 7:30pm
by Breeder Two
A Great Idea for saving dogs from Euthanasia
Please take a look at what one man did to try to help find homes for many dogs in Animal Shelters all over the USA....He contributed alot of time and money and many animals are now being adopted......Its www.dogsindanger.com What a wonderful site.....
Views: 487   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 15, 2007 7:02pm
by Bournhall
Count 63 days from which?
Do you count 63 days from 1st breeding or from when they reached 5ng which is usually 2 days later? TIA
Views: 353   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 15, 2007 6:33pm
by nuther breeder
Seizures????
Any good articles on seizures, or information about possible causes and actual epilepsy in the Labrador Retriever? Thanks any help would be useful...
Views: 460   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 15, 2007 5:58pm
by wanna-be
70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79
Free Forum powered by Bravenet