Start a New Topic 
71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Proud Mama brag from the Nationals
We're home safe and sound from the Nationals and boy was it alot of fun. A long week but well worth it. Some very lovely dogs in the ribbons! Our brag for the Koa Labrador gang is our 9 year old daughter Kawai put the first ever agility leg on our boy, Can CH Koa'...
Views: 656   Replies: 8
Last Post: Oct 15, 2007 4:38pm
by Kinsey Labradors
AKC Eukanuba National Championship
What do you need to get invited to the AKC Eukanuba Ntional Champonship?
Views: 565   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 15, 2007 3:15pm
by wanna-be
OVC
Does anyone know what the turn around time is for OVC Certifications. Had hips and elbows done on a boy early September and I'm still waiting for the results.
Views: 446   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 15, 2007 2:12pm
by Michelle
florida kennels
Hi everyone! could you breeders give me some clues/advices about some great labrador kennels placed at the state of florida for visiting? I'll be just travelling and I'd like to have the chance for seing great labradors.. thank you all..
Views: 618   Replies: 8
Last Post: Oct 15, 2007 1:20pm
by Tail wagging the...
stud dogs
The post last week regarding a popular stud dog got me thinking. What would really be beneficial would be for breeders to share (on a wider scale) what improvements they were able to obtain from stud dogs that are widely used. That way, rather than to use popular s...
Views: 802   Replies: 15
Last Post: Oct 15, 2007 11:52am
by Dev'Sun Labrado...
BEST OF BREED AT THE NATIONALS
Best of Breed/Best of Winner's was Hyspire's Adrenline Rush!! Way to go Hyspire ladies! That is one gorgeous black dog you got there! Best of Opposite was Hunt Club Clayview Trixie. Congrats to all the winners, to all that helped put on a well run show and to...
Views: 1043   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 15, 2007 11:31am
by Tori J
a
Anony
ORDINANCE: San Antonio, Texas
San Antonio's City Council will consider this onerous proposal on Wednesday, October 17, in a "B Session" meeting. No testimony from the public will be allowed at this meeting. Representatives of RPOA will be in attendance and will report on any and all developments...
Views: 335   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 15, 2007 7:40am
by Anony
e
Ellie
room available Thursday night at Day's Inn Bridgewater NJ for MJLRC show
If anyone is needing a room at the Day's Inn in Bridgewater NJ for Thursday night October 18, please contact me at 717-657-2116. Unable to stay for the second day, Ellie
Views: 327   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 15, 2007 12:50am
by Ellie
reproduction vet in portland, Maine
does anyone know of a good reproduction veterinarian near portland, Maine.
Views: 413   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 14, 2007 10:04pm
by Peggy ~ Nightwin...
What is a "National Champion"
I know a UKC Champion and the Int'l Champion in the US (versus the FCI one), but I've seen on a breeder's site that there are several "National Champions". What does this mean? Is this a competitive title? The photographs look like they have medals like the Intern...
Views: 596   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 14, 2007 9:42pm
by Aquila
Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Ultra Premium Dog Food
Just wondering if anyone has tried this food and if you are happy with the results. I was thinking of changing foods to CANIDAE, but noticed that this Natural Balance had a nice rating.
Views: 397   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 14, 2007 9:35pm
by New Breeder
Raleigh-Durham Specialties Close Wednesday, October 17th
Our judging panel this year is: Thursday, November 8 Dogs and Intersex - Valerie Walters Bitches - MaryAnn Czerwinski Sweeps - Jim Bowron Friday, November 9 Dogs and Intersex - MaryAnn Czerwinski Bitches - Valerie Walters Sweeps - Elizabeth Bowron
Views: 459   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 14, 2007 8:41pm
by Southland Breede...
A thankful reminder
I Am Thankful: For The Wife Who Says It's Hot Dogs Tonight, Because She Is Home With Me, And Not Out With Someone Else. For The Husband Who Is On The Sofa Being A Couch Potato, Because He Is...
Views: 669   Replies: 14
Last Post: Oct 14, 2007 7:22pm
by patm
Study on Dwarfism/Bone deformity
Does anyone know if there is a study being done on dwarfism or bone deformities? If so, who/where is the study being done.
Views: 490   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 14, 2007 2:28pm
by Nancy Scholz
JAMs at the Nationals
CH Rozzay Hunt Club Clayview Grady CH Decoys Daydream Believer CH Skyes Riverlane's Token Republican CH Ghoststone Hyspire Dressed to Impress CH Janlon's Light My Fire CH Ghoststone's Respect CH Blackwater's Nipntuck Cheerleader
Views: 762   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 14, 2007 10:43am
by !
l
Labs
Business Cards
Is there a good program out there with Labrador clip art to make your own business cards?
Views: 598   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 14, 2007 10:41am
by Susan ~ Fenwyck
WINNER'S DOG AT THE NATIONALS
Congratulations to: Winner's Dog: Hyspire Adrenaline Rush (Ch. Borador By George x Hyspire Cavanaugh) Reserve Winner's Dog: Talimar's Trendsetter (Ch. Visions Cain's Mutany x Talimar's Winter Ice) Photos to follow shortly. Dianne
Views: 904   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 14, 2007 10:31am
by Linda Maffett
u
upset
allergies
Does anyone have a food they recommend for a dog with food allergies. My dog is suffering, and we need help asap. The Vets, have not been able to get the problem under control. So, I am wondering if there is a high quality food that would suit the needs of a dog w...
Views: 577   Replies: 17
Last Post: Oct 14, 2007 7:48am
by Nancy Rudgers
Movie upload site?
Is there a site where you can upload a movie so others can watch? Not thinking You tube.
Views: 473   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 13, 2007 8:35pm
by Michelle
l
Linda
puppies
Has anyone heard of a litter of 5 Labs being born, all small. Then two weeks later eyes still blue, not walking and only weighing a little over a pound. Could this be due to a uterine infection of the dam passed somehow to the pups? Thank you for you responses.
Views: 818   Replies: 13
Last Post: Oct 13, 2007 6:26pm
by Linda
birthday falls on show day
I am entering a two day show and my puppy will be exactly 9 months old on the second day of the show. If I am correct, I will enter 6-9 mo class on the first day of the show and 9-12 mo class on the second day of the show. Correct? Thanks!
Views: 581   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 13, 2007 10:02am
by Gail R
as corny as Kansas in Aug
People are often unreasonable,illogical,and self-centered; Forgive them anyway. If you are kind,people may accuse you of selfish ulterior motives; Be kind anyway. If you are successful,you will win some false friends and some true enemies; Succeed anyway....
Views: 554   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 12, 2007 11:43pm
by Jackie, Black Sa...
Royal Canin Skin Support Vet Diet & Go! Natural Salmon & Oatmeal
Just wondering if anyone has fed/feeds either of these kibbles? I'm looking for a low allergen diet. I've never heard of menhaden fish.....which is in the RC Skin Support Vet Diet. Also looking at GO! Natural Salmon and Oatmeal. Any opinions on either appre...
Views: 340   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 12, 2007 9:41pm
by Susan ~ Fenwyck
submissive pee-er
Can anyone offer suggestions on how to deal with a puppy that pees when someone trys to pet her? What can I do to help her??? Thanks
Views: 355   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 12, 2007 7:51pm
by getting in the s...
g
Gail R
Idea
I have an idea. Lets have a contest to see how many days this forum can go without sparks flying over disparaging (sp?) remarks. Prize: self satisfaction that you didn't start an argument or say anything nasty.
Views: 543   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 12, 2007 4:57pm
by Gail R
Taken pictures
Just wondering what the best bang for your buck is with a Camera. Want to be able to take ACTION photo's of my dogs at work/play without getting nothing but a BLURR!!!!!! I have tried 2 digital camera's with sport mode but they do not work. Please help!! Going to...
Views: 524   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 12, 2007 4:43pm
by Other board
b
Brdr
Fungus on paws
I noticed my girl licking her foot and limping a little. I turned over her paw and actually found a raw spot deep in the web of her paw. Also, I can see a small amount of what looks like white fungus attached to the inside of the pad. What in the world? Anyone ha...
Views: 406   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 12, 2007 3:26pm
by Ellie
Citric Acid in foods?
I have just purchased the RC Large Breed Starter Puppy Food. I noticed that one of the ingredients it contains is citric acid. Was there a thread on here about being careful feeding foods with citric acid? Something about not wetting it down before feeding? That...
Views: 347   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 12, 2007 2:30pm
by Patty/Snowco Lab...
Indoor Specialty?
I'm just thinking of what I might need to wear to Mid Jersey next week and I realized that I have never been to a specialty held indoors. Are there any held indoors, at any time of year? I would guess that in warmer climates it might not be that unusual. But are t...
Views: 654   Replies: 12
Last Post: Oct 12, 2007 11:32am
by Breeder
Yellow Female Found
June is a tracking acquaintance. We're in Middle TN, and all the rescue folks I used to know are burned out and are out of the game. If you'll let me know someone I can contact, I'll pass the info on to June. I'm full and I think my big guy just blew his ACL, so I'm...
Views: 578   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 12, 2007 11:29am
by Peggy Stevens
Testicular size in a 8 month old dog
Sorry about the heading but there is no other way I can put the question. I have an 8 month old dog puppy and it is so long since I have had a male that I don't know if his are smller than normal or not. I do realize that like most males there a wide varience in si...
Views: 566   Replies: 21
Last Post: Oct 12, 2007 7:25am
by Laura
b
BH
Endurance supplement?
I asked about this supplement a while back and decided to give it a try. I have it ordered from the Volhard website. Just wondered if there is another place to order it from? It seems to be slow getting here. Thanks. I have not recieved it yet but if anyone...
Views: 345   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 11, 2007 10:47pm
by ol' fashioned
Update on 5 Month Old Puppy with Cancer
Just wanted to give an update on the 5 month old puppy with cancer. Good news - her bloodwork came back normal and the cytology reports of her liver and abdominal lymph nodes came back normal. The first two hurdles have been successfully cleared. Her diagnosis is a...
Views: 475   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 11, 2007 10:34pm
by georgia
Pedigree program for Mac?
Does anyone know of a pedigree generating program that will work on a Mac? I just googled breeders assistant and Lineage manager and they do not.I did not find anything else. I love my Mac but I really do hate it when things like this come up!
Views: 347   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 11, 2007 10:32pm
by Mac lover
San Antonio TX Ordinance is on the move! Fax your letters now!
San Antonio Ordinance is on the Move! Voice Your Opposition Now! [Thursday, October 11, 2007] The American Kennel Club (AKC) and our Texas federation of owners, the Responsible Pet Owners Alliance (RPOA), remain deeply concerned with the proposed changes to...
Views: 192   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 11, 2007 10:06pm
by Gina in PA
r
rita
QUESTIONS
JUST CURIOUS TO ASK SOME SIMPLE QUESTIONS...... 1.HOW MUCH TIME DOGS ARE KEPT IN A KENNEL IN A DAY, 2.HOW MUCH TIME OUT FOR PLAY, 3.HOW MANY TIMES SWIMMING IN A WEEK, 4.HOW MUCH TRAVELLING IN A MONTH (EXCEPT SHOWS), 5.HOW MANY TIMES STUD SERVICES IN A MONTH, 6....
Views: 744   Replies: 13
Last Post: Oct 11, 2007 9:48pm
by Hello to Rita
Oh.... puppy food again
My 3 month old has become very leggy. I was thinking he should be off puppy food. Anyone taken them off that early?
Views: 574   Replies: 14
Last Post: Oct 11, 2007 9:40pm
by Long reply
Polly Burkhart - Classique Labradors
I got some horrible news from a great friend of mine Debbie Penrod. Please read below and send your best to Polly. I will get an address from Deb and will post it later. Debbie's email from me: I was at Polly's yesterday and she looks bad. She is still...
Views: 681   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 11, 2007 9:30pm
by Claudia
A Positive Attitude
I was trying to post this to another thread which appears to have deleted, but it really didn't have much to do with the thread, but rather written in response to some of the posts that appear here from time to time. "The power of a positive attitude. I've made a...
Views: 546   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 11, 2007 8:23pm
by Gail R
d
Diane
ultrasound
please refresh my memory. What is the timeframe to do an ultrasound? Is it 23 days from the day of the breeding?
Views: 525   Replies: 24
Last Post: Oct 11, 2007 8:20pm
by Susan ~ Fenwyck
progesterone #
My girls progesterone #'s were 3.0 on blood drawn Monday and todays blood draw was 9.0 Does it sound like breeding her tomorrow and Saturday will work? I am always second guessing myself. Other opinions help ease my mind a lot! Thanks
Views: 470   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 11, 2007 5:56pm
by capewood
k
Kathy
Re puppy with crusty nose
Well, as the saying goes, If you hear hoofbeats, don't think zebras. After consulting with my vet, and a day and a half of washing his nose with warm water and applying quadritop ointment twice daily, most of the funky skin is gone. His nose is looking normal once ag...
Views: 511   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 11, 2007 3:42pm
by Kathy
diarrhea?
my dog has diarrhea and has had it since yesterday. i have heard to give them applesauce when they get this, but ni was wondering how much to give to a dog that is around 60 pounds? any other suggesions that do not include fasting the dog would be greatly appreciated...
Views: 403   Replies: 15
Last Post: Oct 11, 2007 2:43pm
by BH
Photos of Best In Sweeps
As promised here are the links to some photos that I took during Best In Sweeps at the Nationals: Best in Sweeps, class winners: Best In Sweeps line up Final for Best in Sweeps and Best in Sweeps presentation: Final cut for Best In Sweeps Presentatio...
Views: 759   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 11, 2007 2:05pm
by Unable to Attend
Heartwarming Story
Hope you all enjoy this heartwarming stoy as much as we did: http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/ver/223/popup/index.php?cl=4460876
Views: 453   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 11, 2007 1:59pm
by Lyrical
Worming Protocol
As I await the next litter, I am again reviewing my worming protocol, and wanted to see what everyone else was doing. At what age or ages do you worm? What do you use to worm with at each age?
Views: 347   Replies: 8
Last Post: Oct 11, 2007 11:03am
by Patty/Snowco Lab...
a
Angie
puppy runs
I am at work and my notes are at home. My co-worker's new 7 week old Lab puppy has developed diahrea, the kind which piles up like a soft serve ice cream cone and is mucousy (sp). I cannot remember for the life of me what this is called. Can anyone help me? Anothe...
Views: 367   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 11, 2007 10:41am
by Angie
indoor shows, question if this is allowable
First I need to know if this is even allowable, maybe it's against AKC rules. We have no handling classes locally to practice on mats indoors. Have a young one who hated the mats at her first indoor show and wouldn't move out. So may question is this, say you ar...
Views: 554   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 11, 2007 10:03am
by Anony
Any results from National
Any results yet? Thanks:)
Views: 477   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 11, 2007 8:29am
by Susan,MLL
irritated vulva
Sorry for the explicit title, but hey we are all breeders/lab owners right My girl just came out of her first heat at 9 mo about 3 weeks ago. She has developed a red irritation around her vulva, I have seen her scooting (though she has gland issues too) and occas...
Views: 386   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 11, 2007 8:26am
by bdr
money spent on breeding
I was at the vet yesterday and met a breeder of another breed who was there for her second surgical implant with frozen semen from a deceased champion. First one did not take. She has paid $2500 each time for the semen and $500 for the implants. Semen quality just...
Views: 632   Replies: 14
Last Post: Oct 11, 2007 2:02am
by Frozen in time?
National Results -- Sweeps
After a bit of early rain the day turned out beautiful. Here are today's results: Best In Sweeps Ghoststone Riverlane Helz Angel, Judy Chambers and Susan Huntziner, Puppy Dog 9 - 12 AOAC (Yellow) Best Opposite Blackthorn's Social Grace, Barb and Bob Gilchris...
Views: 659   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 11, 2007 1:20am
by georgia
Roving Reporter
Where did the roving reporter for the Nationals go to?
Views: 462   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 11, 2007 1:15am
by Rycroft Labrador...
Mid-Jersey Specialty
For anyone who is inquiring the judging program is now up on the Jim Rau Dog show website. Hope everyone has a safe trip to the show and I have put in a request for nice weather. Hope to see everyone there.
Views: 523   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 11, 2007 12:57am
by Susan @ Weymouth
Stud Dogs
Could I get some opinions here as to exactly what you look for in a stud dog besides the obvious clearances, structure and get? What specific attributes make that stunning boy stick out for you? I hope I get the grammar police approval
Views: 716   Replies: 12
Last Post: Oct 10, 2007 11:44pm
by nameless
Anyone have pictures of these dogs?
Borador's Hush Money HySpire's Wishful Thinking Ch Tabatha's Delectable Ch Borador's Leave It To Lily It would be very much appreciated if you have pictures of these dogs if you could send them to me at blacksandslabradors@hawaiiantel.net Aloha, Jackie
Views: 456   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 10, 2007 3:29pm
by Jackie, Black Sa...
Word for the day - Temperament
That's TEMPERAMENT not Temperment!!!! Something Labs are supposed to possess a good one of!! Some of you should look it up and try it out!!
Views: 662   Replies: 17
Last Post: Oct 10, 2007 3:24pm
by greeting card
Routine worming of puppies a bad thing??
Has anyone heard this theory before? I heard this from a first time breeder - their vet doesn't believe in routine worming of puppies, vet feels this contributes to development of allergies in the dog. Had the breeder bring in a mixed stool sample from the litter at...
Views: 447   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 10, 2007 3:19pm
by Tamlyn
s
Survey
Cosequin, GlycoFlex, Synovi, Chondro-Flex...
If you use a joint supplement for your adult dog, which do you use? Arthogen Chondro-Flex Curaflex Cosequin Duralactin GlycoFlex I, II, III Synovi G3, MSM Other Do you like the granules, tablets, or chews, where available? Do you add any additional s...
Views: 588   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 10, 2007 2:35pm
by Quiet One
Frontline and pregnancy?
I took my old boys to the beach and came home happy, tired, and full of fleas! I didn't realize until a few days later and being allergic to fleas I was itchy all over and covered with bites. Okay so I did a lot of research and found that Frontline is supposed to b...
Views: 396   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 10, 2007 1:40pm
by Peggy Stevens
Huron River LRC Photos
Here is the link to the guy that was taking candid shots at Huron River LRC. He gave me his card when he took a headshot of our girl ringside. I had lost his card for a while, was cleaning off the desk and found it and was glad to see the gallery still up to look a...
Views: 649   Replies: 13
Last Post: Oct 10, 2007 8:55am
by brazilian breede...
The Psychology of owning Labs
The menopause thread got me thinking. Most of us are middle aged women, right? Or at least started showing/breeding around that time? Why do you think that is so? Psychologically, are we looking for something or someone to love us back? Is it a need to nurture?...
Views: 547   Replies: 14
Last Post: Oct 10, 2007 8:27am
by MT
Need advice URGENT
Hello, I just aquire my first yellow lab with a very good breeder, he is 6 months. I dont know what he did but, he had like a cut or something on the side of the shoulder, he made it worse because he was scratching, so I put a cord kind of sticky at the bottom of t...
Views: 691   Replies: 8
Last Post: Oct 10, 2007 8:09am
by Johnny Appleseed
5 Month Old Pup with Cancer
I need your help and input. One of my puppy owners just called. She had the puppy in for a spay on Tuesday and while under she was under, the vet also removed a small tumor that was on her chest. The lab results just came back and the diagnosis is a mast cell tumo...
Views: 777   Replies: 19
Last Post: Oct 10, 2007 7:01am
by valwhalen
NATIONALS BOUND!!!!
Good Tuesday morning all! Just wanted to say that Robin and I will be leaving soon and heading North to Oregon for the Nationals. I wanted to wish all those who are traveling a very safe journey and I will see you all there! Best of luck to all the participa...
Views: 354   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 10, 2007 1:32am
by Rycroft Labrador...
b
Beth
old boy can't tolerate NSAIDS
My old fellow has developed an ulcer from using Metacam... Has anyone used Tramadol long term for arthritis? Any other suggestions?
Views: 458   Replies: 13
Last Post: Oct 10, 2007 12:56am
by Diane S.
s
Sad
Negativity
I'm trying to find the words to express how this forum makes me feel lately. It's very depressing to see all the negativity, criticizing, everyone worried about what everyone else is doing/saying. Yes, I'm writing this anonymously because I prefer not to be flamed...
Views: 755   Replies: 13
Last Post: Oct 9, 2007 11:14pm
by Greg Lynch - Kel...
d
Donna
Ch. Ridgeview Call my Bluff
Over this weekend, my boy Bluff got to back to back Group 1's and aBEST IN SHOW. Bluff is Bred and owned by Donna Reece and is Co-Owned by Stephen Wu Toptail Labradors. Bluff is professioal shown by Erin Hall. Thank you Erin!!!!! We love you BLUFF!!!!!!!
Views: 1106   Replies: 28
Last Post: Oct 9, 2007 9:55pm
by MW Breeder
Litter Registration Coupon wanted
If anyone has a litter registration coupon they don't need and would be willing to share the number please email me privately. Thanks Marion Daniel
Views: 490   Replies: 13
Last Post: Oct 9, 2007 9:21pm
by marmoye
k
Kathy
crusty nose
My 9-month-old puppy has a line across the center of his nose caused no doubt by his love of digging and rooting in the yard. It's rough and crusty skin. I'm looking for suggestions on how to treat this. I've tried wetting a cloth in warm water and gently rubbing, fo...
Views: 465   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 9, 2007 9:07pm
by Jo Morris
r
rita
GORDY
How Gordy puppies mature,slowly or Fast????
Views: 1284   Replies: 48
Last Post: Oct 9, 2007 5:41pm
by Southland Breede...
j
jen l
1st time to MJLRC
This will be my first trek to this specialty. Any ideas on what to bring for clothes?? I looked at the weather, doesnt look like rain. Does it get cold there at night? What to bring for clothes??? Jen
Views: 371   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 9, 2007 5:14pm
by carla hyndman
k
Karin
Litter Registration
I am confused about the litter registration forms on the AKC site, and before I call them, I thought you good folks could clear things up for me. I am going to do an AI breeding with shipped chilled extended semen. Can I do an online registration or do I have to...
Views: 393   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 9, 2007 4:48pm
by Karin
SPEAKING OF THE NATIONAL
Do any of you Pacific Northwesterners (is that even a word?) have a clue what conditions the show grounds will be in by the time the show starts? I keep looking at the weather and seeing a LOT of rain moving through there this week. I'm flying - so I have to pack...
Views: 499   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 9, 2007 4:37pm
by LuAnn Curtis
Ways to identify each pup?
I am one week away from having my first litter. I am interested in the ways that you can identify each pup in the whelping box. It will be an all black litter. I know that you need to know since you will be weighing them and should know who is who. Suggestions p...
Views: 539   Replies: 15
Last Post: Oct 9, 2007 3:36pm
by Bob
n
BareBones/Middleburg (Show Locations)
I'm planning on going to BareBones and Middleburg the following day for the supported entry, are the show locations close to each other?
Views: 355   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 9, 2007 1:58pm
by Cheryl Little
Autosomal Recessive
In a previous post the term autosomal recessive is mentioned. What is the inheritance factor for an autosomal recessive, ie: affected x carrier, carrier x carrier, normal x carrier?
Views: 436   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 9, 2007 1:57pm
by patricia richard
What a normal Labs looks like- Sometimes I wonder
I was out with my girl. She has a great conformation. A lady came to say hello. Asked me what breed she was. When I told her a Labrador. She said, "I have a Lab at home same colour." This is not the first time this has happened. I wonder sometimes what these people...
Views: 771   Replies: 33
Last Post: Oct 9, 2007 1:43pm
by yellwlab (Liz)
Two Labs Found in Western NY
I just rec'd a call from the Batavia Animal Hospital, working with the Genesee Co Animal Shelter, to ask if I was aware of any Labradors reported as missing. Two Labs, a black neutered male and a black female (has not been determined if she is intact), were found ne...
Views: 452   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 9, 2007 1:29pm
by Lisa
By and Out of......?????
It really bothers me when people say that their puppies are "out of" such and such sire, and "out of" such and such dam. It is "by" the dog and "out of" the dam......does this bother anyone else? Pups can't be "out of" a male...sheesh! JMO......
Views: 937   Replies: 56
Last Post: Oct 9, 2007 1:15pm
by valwhalen
kennel's email
does anyone know how to get in touch to Blackwing kennel's owner? I tried to send them an email but it didn't work maybe the ad wasn't correct. --- thanks
Views: 498   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 9, 2007 12:28pm
by just me
Another Labrador BIS over the weekend
Ch Tande Last Stand at Baywynd (Custer) was Best in Show over the weekend under Michael Lancetot. Custer is a Buzz son. A big congratulations to his owners who are thrilled, Joel and Genev Koonce and their daughter Rena Turnham!
Views: 755   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 9, 2007 11:41am
by Leslie@Gorsebroo...
s
Stacey
Best Airline to Ship Dogs
We have used several airlines and have had pretty good experiences with most of them. However, there was been several problems over the past year with two different airlines. Just curious which airline you trust? 1) Delta 2) Continental 3) American 4) Ot...
Views: 482   Replies: 17
Last Post: Oct 9, 2007 5:17am
by minimom
Help needed Please with AKC re: Name Change
I just got off the phone with the AKC. A dog of mine had paperwork sent in to the AKC with the name partially left blank by a co-owner. The transaction was completed Sept 11th, 2007. Because this dog has been shown, the AKC is refusing to change this mistake....
Views: 679   Replies: 8
Last Post: Oct 9, 2007 1:07am
by Tiffany
hyperactive lab
Hi everyone! I got a puppy and know I'm getting really fed up with this dog... It seems to be a hyperactive dog... I'd like to receive any advices from you because this puppy gets the other dogs fed up too... I'm getting crazy! PLEASE HELPE ME!!
Views: 614   Replies: 13
Last Post: Oct 8, 2007 9:25pm
by Susan ~ Fenwyck
Overprotective
Well, I have heard it now? DH says I am overprotective of my dogs? I thought leaving the window open near their crates would be too cold for them? Anyone else "overprotective"?
Views: 503   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 8, 2007 9:18pm
by Susan ~ Fenwyck
Bitch with weird behavior
My neighbor has a 7yr old bitch that goes straight to her doggie bed after her dinnner and only after dinner and starts humping her bed. Every single time. Anyone have any clue why she does this??
Views: 519   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 8, 2007 9:14pm
by Breeder
Exercise Induced Collapse
I know this has been visted before. I'm looking for more personal experiences. How many of you have actually experienced this? Do you think it runs in certain lines? Is it possible to have a dog exhibit the symptoms of EIC when they are run too much and ve...
Views: 480   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 8, 2007 8:39pm
by Sherri Young
t
Terri
Crates?
We have had our kennel-aire crates for many many years and they are beginning to fail (understandably). I've been researching crates and have found the kennel-aire professional crates with heavy duty gauge construction and 1" square meshing. They are quite pricey b...
Views: 553   Replies: 12
Last Post: Oct 8, 2007 8:36pm
by Greg Lynch - Kel...
Bare Bones Entries
I was just on the Infodog website to enter my dogs for the Bare Bones Specialty and they are charging a $15 processing fee for EACH dog. Has anyone else run into this? I want to enter 4 dogs. IMO that's a lot to charge for a processing fee!
Views: 444   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 8, 2007 5:24pm
by Susan ~ Fenwyck
Congratulations to new champion!
Belle is now Can CH Sunnydaze Harlequin Southern Comfort!! Big congratulations to her owners/breeders Linda & Hugh Maffett and Dianne & Todd Sullenberger! On her way to her Canadian championship, she won WB & BOS at the LRC of Canada Regional Specialty. She...
Views: 689   Replies: 15
Last Post: Oct 8, 2007 5:21pm
by Linda Maffett
s
Stacey
Doggy door
We are building a kennel with a separate whelping room and I am trying to find a quality doggy door that we can put in the wall (not the door). The exterior is rock so it is pretty thick and I cannot find anything that will work. Being that it is going in rock it w...
Views: 334   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 8, 2007 3:17pm
by getting in the s...
e
EKM
Injured Toe
I've got a 5 yr old female with lots of allergies (chronic ear infections, chewing at all feet, runny eyes, & intermittent hot spots) who suddenly started limping a week ago. She refused to put her back right leg down, and even hopped up and down my stairs to avoid...
Views: 354   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 8, 2007 1:19pm
by Mel
d
Debbi
Proper protocol?
I just found out about a situation that I need some advice on. I have a girl that is due to whelp in one week. The sire of the litter belongs to my nephew. We just found out that he sold the dog. We have possession of the dog's AKC paperwork, simply because my ne...
Views: 508   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 8, 2007 12:55pm
by Btr
OHIO Breeders!!!!
House Bill 223 will be heard in the House Government & Elections Committee next Thursday, October 11, at 11 a.m. The committee meets in Room 122 in the State House. The first announcement today omitted this bill from the list, but a corrected announcement was s...
Views: 298   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 8, 2007 9:51am
by Gina in PA
MJLRC
Any numbers for MJLRC yet?
Views: 318   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 8, 2007 8:57am
by breeder
Too Cute~Junior handler in the making
Ok, I just had to share another positive experience for one I consider the future of our breed. Today at a local all-breed AKC show, I handled two dogs; a puppy dog, who just turned 6 months today, and a 14 month old chocolate bitch who is already major pointed....
Views: 717   Replies: 24
Last Post: Oct 7, 2007 11:31pm
by Deb H.
Hunting
How many of you do "real" hunting with your dogs, as opposed to hunt tests and field trials? Do you do just waterfowl or upland hunting also? Do you shoot or just handle the dog? What prompted this discussion is a recent NAHRA started test that I participated in...
Views: 428   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 7, 2007 10:56pm
by Gina in PA
Fatal genes
what are fatal genes? i was told that sometimes two dogs just dont mix and pups die. is that true? what would cause that? how could you know if a mix wont work?
Views: 657   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 7, 2007 9:51pm
by Great article!
small head
I have a six month old bitch with a small head will her head get bigger in time?
Views: 778   Replies: 28
Last Post: Oct 7, 2007 9:22pm
by Atinalle
b
BH
Waterproof dog beds
Do any of you use waterproof dog beds and if so which ones did you use and/or where did you get them from?
Views: 354   Replies: 13
Last Post: Oct 7, 2007 3:22pm
by Wag the Dog
Huron River: Thank You Exhibitors!!
The show committee and members of the Huron River Labrador Retriever Club want to extend a HUGE "Thank You" to all the exhibitors that attended our specialty show this year. Your continued support of our specialty is really appreciated, especially these days when the...
Views: 369   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 7, 2007 2:04pm
by bluesouth labs
December shows
There seems to be so many specialities now..sometimes 2 within traveling distance on at the same time. Has any club ever considered holding a show during December? Any supported enteries on the east coast that can be suggested?
Views: 576   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 7, 2007 11:35am
by Not sure, but .....
Temperament surprises
Have you ever admired a dog from afar but once you met it at a show and saw temperament issues said no way am I breeding to that dog!? I am just wondering because a show is a stressful place. Girls in heat and hot boys. Should some things be excused?
Views: 1312   Replies: 61
Last Post: Oct 7, 2007 6:40am
by susan bonner
progesterone test
Can some one help me in the harlingen Texas area find a Vet that does progesterone testing. Please e-mail me privitly
Views: 386   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 7, 2007 6:20am
by Clinic Help...
Bitch of your breeding or buy one?
I have a decent 4 year old bitch with all her clearances and a few points. She has a phenomenal temperament and a relatively clean pedigree. I know her sire and dam and siblings and half-siblings well. She is expecting a litter sired by BISS champion and I am hopi...
Views: 551   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 7, 2007 12:55am
by Been there...
puppy diaherra
I have 7 week old puppies, they have been on solid food for one week, all was well until today when they started with shooting water diaherra. I have stopped food only water. What happend and what do I do?
Views: 467   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 7, 2007 12:44am
by Jackie, Black Sa...
Deer droppings, Rabbit droppings HELP
Has anyone come up with a solution for keeping them from eating droppings. After feeding them breakfast, we go for a long walk and All I do is yell commands, chase,, discourage,,ect I have tried everything,, it takes away from a nice walk, they run from deer b...
Views: 401   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 6, 2007 9:08pm
by breeder
l
Labsca
SHOW VS FIELD
I have heard the comments that Field Trial Labs are not considered 'Labs'. Are they not just different types of the same breed. What do you think!
Views: 736   Replies: 30
Last Post: Oct 6, 2007 8:29pm
by Annomouse
Propholactic antibiotics for breeding
I have went through the archives here and found where one person was using Baytril and one person using Clavamox. Out of those that do routinely use them on your girls, what are you using and what protocol are you following? We have missed the last 5 girls with qua...
Views: 902   Replies: 31
Last Post: Oct 6, 2007 6:47pm
by Nancy Rudgers
l
Lisa
UCH and Int. Championships
I think it’s so kewl that these titles are available to us. American AKC championships are SO hard to get that it gives the less than perfect dog a way to earn a nice title. I love the Int. shows….all my dogs have them and now we are getting the UCH tit...
Views: 684   Replies: 24
Last Post: Oct 6, 2007 5:42pm
by jan
LRCP Bare Bones Entries Close Wednesday, Oct. 10th
We have a great lineup of judges this year so don't miss out! Reminder - Monday, Oct.8th is a federal holiday so if you are planning on mailing entries in make sure you have enough time. See the lovely shades of orange ,red and yellow on the mountains that surround...
Views: 379   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 6, 2007 5:33pm
by Cheryl Little
Whelping Box Liners
Does anyone know of a Company that sells fleece in rolls, the type that has the rubber backing? Thanks.:)
Views: 390   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 6, 2007 4:33pm
by Donna
Calcium Gluconate
Has anyone used Calcium Gluconate to help your girls along in whelping? If so, how much do you use? I have used it many years ago with the help of WhelpWise but just don't remember, and I am not using WhelpWise this time.
Views: 454   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 6, 2007 2:00pm
by oldie
Golden Gate and Del Valle Shows
Anyone from So.Ca. comming up to these shows that might be interested in taking another dog to show for me? Please respond privately. Thanks so much, Victoria
Views: 350   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 6, 2007 1:02pm
by Victoria
j
jen l
ride for a curly coat
Hey everyone. I wanted to know if anyone was coming out to MJLRC from the Michigan area. I have a Curly-Coat that needs a ride to his new home. Please privately email me if anyone is available. Jen
Views: 380   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 6, 2007 9:22am
by jen l
Your opinion
I have a friend in another breed who had a two year old maiden bitch whelp a litter of 9. She was a great and attentive mother for the first two weeks. At 2 weeks she went after one pup, got a glazed sort of look in her eyes, and the pup suffered a puncture wound....
Views: 617   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 6, 2007 9:18am
by Linda
GA breeders Stay alert
There is talk of mandatory state wide spay neuter in Georgia. If you are not "licensed" you will have to s/n all your pets.!
Views: 463   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 5, 2007 9:51pm
by Gina in PA
Flies
I am not a breeder, but have four labs. I dont know what to do with flies, can the experts tell me what you use to keep them away, and also I have notice that the flies love to be on the ears of the dogs, what damage can the flies cause to the ears? Thanks, and...
Views: 459   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 5, 2007 9:19pm
by debbie darche,
b
bdrO
Alternative Standard
Found this and like this standard better! THE LABRADOR RETRIEVER - AN ALTERNATIVE BREED STANDARD General Appearance Not too fussy about appearance. Perfectly happy covered in mud. Not too fussed about bringing home an aroma from something rolled in either. Q...
Views: 598   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 5, 2007 8:34pm
by Jennifer Kelly
Winningest Chocolate Lab!?!?
Is Simerdown's Doctor Pepper the winningest Chocolate in history?? I did some reseach recently and saw that he has 5 Specialty wins,12 Sporting Group I's, lots of placements in the Sporting Group, Eukanuba BOB winner, LRC inc BOS winner, 2007 AOM at westminister and...
Views: 1014   Replies: 38
Last Post: Oct 5, 2007 8:30pm
by Genesislabs
Re: MJLRC Entries Look GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Preliminary counts are in for the MJLRC show and it looks great!!!! Thanks everyone for coming out! Michael, Brian, Lori, Judy and Kim - you guys better rest up, you're gonna be BUSY! Can't Wait! Hope the gnomes stay away :P
Views: 407   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 5, 2007 8:24pm
by WOOOOOO
Nissan Quest?
Any of you have one of these vans. Have been looking at Toyota Sienna and Town and Country. Seems like they have lots of bells and whistles, for a lower price than Toyota? I wonder if they hold up like a Toyota? I hate car shopping, the vultures just come out of...
Views: 389   Replies: 12
Last Post: Oct 5, 2007 8:19pm
by Genesislabs
r
rita
scared
I need your views about if a pup/dog swallows Lizard,Frog or stuff like that.
Views: 742   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 5, 2007 8:06pm
by in FL
CERF Clinic?
I'd like to have a few dogs re-Cerf'd before the end of the year. Anyone know of any clinics in Northeast PA or Jersey in the next couple months? If I only had one or two dogs to do, I'd just make the trip up to Cornell, but I have more than I can transport all at on...
Views: 390   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 5, 2007 7:22pm
by Puzzled
Progesterone level
Hello all, When the progesterone level reads 11.0, it's too late for breeding? Thanks in advance for your comments.
Views: 429   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 5, 2007 5:44pm
by Southland Breede...
What to test for?
Some of the other post got me thinking. My girl will be ready to bred next year pending final clearances. I was wondering what test to ask for when I take her in for her Pre-breeding vet visit. And how soon before she is to go into heat to you take them in for thi...
Views: 509   Replies: 18
Last Post: Oct 5, 2007 3:27pm
by valwhalen
When to set up the whelping box?
There is another link talking about getting things ready for puppies. My question is this- just when do you set up the whelping box? The girl is pregnant and should deliver in a week. Do you set up the box now and let her sniff it, lay in it etc? Encourage her to...
Views: 413   Replies: 12
Last Post: Oct 5, 2007 11:45am
by Darlene at Goldu...
Are We Losing Type??
When I look at a dog, I look first at silhouette and balance. It seems that a greater number of dogs in Europe have a much more pleasing outline than ours in the US. This isn't a 'our dogs are too heavy' thread, but it appears to me that our dogs in the US are beco...
Views: 898   Replies: 27
Last Post: Oct 5, 2007 11:38am
by breeder 4098
Central Ohio Labrador Retriever Club Specialty and Supported Entries Close 10/10
Greetings to all in Labrador Land! The Central Ohio Labrador Retriever Club's (COLRC)Specialty and Supported Entries close on October 10, 2007. COLRC understands the importance of good judges and we offer you some of the best this year. These ladies know LABRADORS...
Views: 378   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 5, 2007 5:52am
by Christian DiSaba...
test costs/progesterone, brucella etc...
What are you charged for progesterone tests? I think that my Vet just increased his prices. For progesterone this morning he is charged $91.00 ( my discount $72.80) and for brucella - AGID/ID $118.00 ( my cost $94.40) I know that there is a less expensive test for br...
Views: 454   Replies: 18
Last Post: Oct 5, 2007 5:49am
by kathy Coleman
Marjorie Satterthwaite
It is with great sadness that I write to inform you of the death of Marjorie Satterthaite. I am told that the cause of death was pneumonia. Lawnwoods bloodlines have played an important role in Labrador breeding not only in the UK but worldwide. Marjorie along with...
Views: 700   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 5, 2007 1:28am
by Tiffany
pastern issue
We have a 2 year old boy who seems to have a pastern issue. He will turn both of his front feet inward, so they are facing each other. Or he will turn both of them under and lay with them like that. He does this 95% of the time he lays down. When we had him at th...
Views: 614   Replies: 13
Last Post: Oct 4, 2007 9:38pm
by Brown Stone Labs
s
Sue
K9 Grass product
Does anyone have any experience with the synthetic K9 Grass product? I am considering using it in a 10' x 10' puppy play area. It's a little pricey but it sounds like it might be a good surface for the pups.
Views: 382   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 4, 2007 7:49pm
by bp
Breeding on prelims?
What percentage of breeders would you say breed on prelims alone? Have you heard of many readings changing from prelimed examination to the finals?
Views: 746   Replies: 30
Last Post: Oct 4, 2007 7:40pm
by Deep South
m
Marion
Atlanta shows in October
Anyone from Michigan coming to the Atlanta shows in October?
Views: 414   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 4, 2007 6:45pm
by Michelle
AKC Gazette
Has anyone read the Gazette Labrador column in the Oct issue...............
Views: 542   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 4, 2007 6:33pm
by anonbreeder
m
MikeM
Jeff Deporter
Most of you who were at the Huron River LRC specialty last weekend probably already know about Jeff Deporter having had a stroke, but I am finding that some did not hear. Jeff is a long time member of the HRLRC and known by many in the midwest. He and his wife There...
Views: 799   Replies: 13
Last Post: Oct 4, 2007 4:07pm
by Carolyn
Discharge after ovulation
I am breeding a three year old female. This is her second attempt as she didn't get pregnant on her last season (this is her first litter .... hopefully). Anyhow, I progesterone test to confirm ovulation whether I'm breeding naturally or fresh chilled. She was 7...
Last Post: Oct 4, 2007 3:58pm
by Jackie, Black Sa...
Ch. Southhood's Regals Dutch Desitny
I'm looking for a picture of Ch. Southhood's Regals Dutch Destiny. Can anyone help? TIA
Views: 518   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 4, 2007 1:18pm
by Labo
Carrots as treats
I've never tried carrots as treats, I guess because I see my crew swallowing them whole. For those who use carrots, what size do you use?
Views: 504   Replies: 14
Last Post: Oct 4, 2007 1:00pm
by Carol
Hot Mama and Good Scale
I'm running into a couple of issues with this litter. First of all, Dazzle is hot. Her temperature is normal but she is burning up. She doesn't want to lay in the whelping box - is trying to sit to nurse which doesn't work too well with babies this small, and she...
Views: 474   Replies: 14
Last Post: Oct 4, 2007 12:45pm
by Renee ~ Cinnamir...
d
Donna
New Champion & Master Hunter
I am proud to anounce my boy "Cool" CH Ridge View No Fear MH, finished his MH Title this weekend at Buckeye Retriever Club . He did it with great style, handled on one mark and lined his blinds. I want to THANK my Trainer & Handler Peggy Ramsey For all your hard wor...
Views: 706   Replies: 22
Last Post: Oct 4, 2007 12:31pm
by Gina in PA
Countdown help
As a newbie planning my first litter, I have 8 weeks left! I can't shake the feeling that I am forgetting something. We are doing an AI, the stud owner has the shipping box and extender. I have an appointment in three weeks for my girl to have a brucellosis...
Views: 442   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 4, 2007 10:52am
by Easy Does It
how has the forum helped you?
After reading Lori's post where she mentioned a few things she has learned from the forum group already, thought it might be interesting to hear some tid bits others have picked up from the forum! Two things come to mind right off the top of my head that have been...
Views: 517   Replies: 13
Last Post: Oct 4, 2007 9:33am
by MT
National
Any results from the National today?
Views: 525   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 3, 2007 10:37pm
by Going to the Nat...
Favorite bedding for whelping boxes???
Saw the below posts about bedding for whelping boxes. I was wondering what some favorites were. I need to pick up some new stuff soon. Some look nice and thick, but I'm wondering how hard they are to wash. pups pro fleece? marlins? whelpwise's?? Vet fleece...
Views: 459   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 3, 2007 8:13pm
by Sherry
Pupps pro fleece
Getting ready to have a litter of pups and wanted to purchase another Pupps Pro fleece for an extra one. The one I have now is at least 7 years old but the lady I used to order from her number is no longer in service does anyone else have info in the U.S. that carri...
Last Post: Oct 3, 2007 7:16pm
by FYI
Temperment issue page 3
Think we need to bring this back to page one. Seems alot of good response and should be to keep temperment number one in our Labradors.
Views: 556   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 3, 2007 6:37pm
by Breeder Two
Royal Cabana
Does anyone know if Royal Cabana Sunscreens has an affiliate program when linking them to your website? TIA for any information. I could not find it on their website.
Views: 316   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 3, 2007 6:16pm
by zinfndel
Pregnant(Disharge mixed w/blood)
A friend of mine has a Mastiff bitch 2 1/2 years old who is post breeding 27 days from what can be best described as a silent heat (swelling,normal ties (3). Her "mom"/owner noticed a creamy white disharge 2 days ago (which for my Labs is pretty normal about this tim...
Views: 351   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 3, 2007 2:54pm
by Lab Owner
j
Janet
7 month old limping
I have a 7 month old boy who has started limping off and on in the right rear leg, 95 percent of the time he is fine but every now and again he is very slightly lame.Limping might be the wrong word, short stepping would be a better way to describe it. He can stand a...
Views: 652   Replies: 12
Last Post: Oct 3, 2007 2:11pm
by Kathy Cipriani
l
Linda
Potomac, 2008
I went to infodog.com to see the dates, judging panel, etc. But, am I crazy or not seeing something. I'm new into showing. Signed perplexed.
Views: 634   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 3, 2007 1:13pm
by Cheryl Little
Help with Supplementing Puppies
My Dazzle had her litter last night and this morning, and shocked me by having 12 puppies. In the first 24 hours (or less for some of the wee ones) five of the pups have lost weight, and only 3 have gained. I am starting to supplement the puppies, but have some que...
Views: 544   Replies: 16
Last Post: Oct 3, 2007 12:46pm
by Karlene
bites on puppies???
Is it common for a perfect bite at 8 weeks (and before) to suddenly go slightly under at exactly 3 months? I have checked it every weeks since he's had teeth! What are the odds it goes back to perfect??
Views: 429   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 3, 2007 9:42am
by Newbie2
Halloween Fun
I built a page a few years back for our grandkids, and put it up every October. I hope it brings enjoyment to those who like Halloween treats: http://www.blueknightlabs.com/october/halloween.html Dian
Views: 484   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 3, 2007 9:20am
by Susan
a
Aquila
using sire from another country
To anyone who has done this, please I need your help. I am trying to fact find in order to accept an offer to use a lovely boy. The dog and owner are in Germany. The dog is definately registered with an AKC designated "accepted registry". It would be chilled/ex...
Views: 457   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 3, 2007 8:53am
by Michelle
j
J
Heartworm medecine
I live in the New England area. I give "Interceptor" all year around. Any of you stop to give their heartworm during the winter?
Views: 490   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 3, 2007 7:40am
by J
s
Shanni
Whelping date
I have a female I bred Aug 19, 21, and 23. The vet I used to do the smears is not great with the reproductive end of things. I bred her the day he recommended. She flagged a bit when bred, but wasn't crazy over her boyfriend, the following weekend she wouldn't leave...
Views: 396   Replies: 8
Last Post: Oct 3, 2007 7:22am
by Breeder Two
Whelping box size
Just looking to see if I can get some ideas as to the size and depth of your boxes. (I won't use a pool again, thanks)
Views: 606   Replies: 16
Last Post: Oct 3, 2007 7:16am
by breeder
w
Why?
Posting
Why can some people post hyperlinks, italic fonts, pictures etc. on this forum and others can't? Why does my post sometimes not get placed in the order that it should when using threaded style? What gives?
Views: 498   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 3, 2007 1:51am
by Annie
Huron River and Labs Who Do It All
First, thanks to the organizers of Huron River...I know the tremendous amount of effort that goes into these shows and I am very grateful for the dedicated club members who do this for us. Thank you!!! I do have some feedback that I hope will be helpful. I'm not...
Views: 852   Replies: 21
Last Post: Oct 3, 2007 12:26am
by Dawn van Nostran...
discharge
I am new to having a stud dog and was wondering if it is normal to have a slight discharge at times? It looks light yellow in color. TIA
Views: 526   Replies: 16
Last Post: Oct 2, 2007 11:05pm
by LOL
Denver Results
Anyone???
Views: 524   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 2, 2007 10:37pm
by Suzanne Calvert
Worming pregnant bitches??
Is it safe to use Pyrantel on a pregnant bitch? Vet says yes, any opinions??
Views: 336   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 2, 2007 9:34pm
by Btr
m
Mel
Puppy Personality Testing
Over the years, I have done "Puppy Personality Profiles" on some of my litters. I spend quite a bit of time with the puppies (so I have a good idea now of what each might do on the test), but would like to do the testing on the current litter because I want to see h...
Views: 419   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 2, 2007 6:18pm
by Candyheart
f
Foodie
Multiple Protein Sources?
Just thinking out loud here. Are food sensitivities at all linked to what the dam is fed and what puppies are weaned on to? Since young puppies don't have food sensitivities, is it beneficial to subject them to multiple protein sources while young? or in utero? A...
Views: 415   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 2, 2007 3:57pm
by Greg Lynch - Kel...
Heidi Christ ???
Is there a Heidi Christ on this list?
Views: 437   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 2, 2007 3:04pm
by breeder
a
Annon.
When ??
How far along can you feel any puppies moving ? We will be calling our vet to ask about a pregnancy test but would like to know. We are trying to figure out if she is or is not. She is producing milk, and just looks like she is pregnant, more of an appetite, a little...
Views: 669   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 2, 2007 2:45pm
by MK
New Champion at Rycroft
I am pleased to announce that my baby girl, Rainy is now U-CH. Rycroft's Blame It On The Rain! Rainy finished her Championship at the UKC shows in Hanford today by going Best of Breed and Gundog group 3!! I am very pleased with my second generation U-CH. Tha...
Views: 654   Replies: 17
Last Post: Oct 2, 2007 1:02pm
by Rycroft Labrador...
b
BBE
State Lemon Laws
I was doing a serch and came up with this website that is an overview of all states with pet lemon laws. I thought it would be a good link to pass on. I do not know how current it is, but I thought it was a good starting point. http://www.malteseonly.com/lemon.html
Views: 401   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 2, 2007 12:48pm
by newbie 2
g
Gail R
Is garlic toxic?
My sister in law just said tha my neice just read in the National Geographic that garlic is not good for dogs. I was under the impression that it was all right.
Views: 382   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 2, 2007 12:21pm
by Patty/Snowco Lab...
which class entry??
I am showing for the first time a veteran at a specialty . I know to enter her in the 7-9 yr old veteran Sweeps but is there also a Veteran 7-9yr in the reg classes?? And would I have to enter her in both classes?? Thanks for your help
Views: 368   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 2, 2007 11:28am
by Greg Lynch - Kel...
j
JMO
Why breed Christmas pups?
If you know your bitch would have a litter that would be due around the holidays then why do you breed her then? I always wait until next heat. JMO
Views: 678   Replies: 20
Last Post: Oct 2, 2007 11:17am
by Greg Lynch - Kel...
j
Julie
HELP!! wide screen monitor vs regular screen
Hello, I have just received a new 22 inch wide screen monitor today. Websites now look distorted. We have talked to the Samsung Company, and they said to change to analog & adjust the monitor setting at whatever we needed to make the website look normal....
Views: 390   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 2, 2007 8:59am
by kris/Cascobaylab...
Potomac Specialty The Greatest Show on Earth
I've read a couple of posts in which people were slamming the Potomac Committee for various reasons i.e. judging panel, breed seminar panel etc etc etc I've attended 20 Potomac Specialties in a row. I will never understand why on Earth the people who put on the sh...
Views: 767   Replies: 16
Last Post: Oct 2, 2007 7:59am
by JP
u
URZ
Innova Adult
Anyone have a bad experience or poor results feeding Innova Adult?
Views: 339   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 1, 2007 10:51pm
by another retailer
Need Vet Recommendation in Tampa Florida
I have a pet pup that lives here in NJ in the summer and lives in Florida all winter. Can anyone recommend a good vet that knows Labradors in the Tampa area? Private email will be fine if you prefer. TIA
Views: 261   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 1, 2007 10:50pm
by Adrienne
what is Intersex?
I see the judges listed for Mid-Jersey.
Views: 342   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 1, 2007 10:49pm
by MJLRC Bound.....
u
URZ
Views: 563   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 1, 2007 8:27pm
by Linda
m
MJLRC
Re: MJLRC Entries Close This Wed 10/3
Would like to remind everyone that MJRLC entries close this Wednesday Oct. 3. Rau is the superintendent. Please come join us in celebrating our 25th Specialty Anniversary year. We have a terrific lineup of judges and a seminar on Wed. afternoon, 10/17 from 3 7...
Views: 355   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 1, 2007 7:33pm
by MJLRC Bound.....
Replacing Puppies
I've been reading several breeders' contracts, and am wondering what you all do and what your reasons are for doing things the way you do. So here are my questions: 1. If you guarantee hips, what is your age in your contract? 24 months? 36 months? Life? 2....
Views: 575   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 1, 2007 11:33am
by Gregg
t
Tom
Entries Close Wed October 10th
Greater Atlanta Labrador Retriever Club - Supported Entry Shows October 25-28th, 2007 Show Location: Jim Miller Park - Marietta, GA Show Secretary: Onofrio http://www.onofrio.com/ Thursday - Christina Hubbell Friday - Beth Sweigert (Yarrow) Saturday - Debra...
Views: 438   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 1, 2007 11:11am
by Tom
dog food with no flax seed oil????
Anyone know of a dog food that is of good quality that does not have flax seed oil in it
Views: 405   Replies: 12
Last Post: Oct 1, 2007 11:00am
by Patty/Snowco Lab...
High Desert LRC Specialties (Southern CA)
The High Desert LRC Specialty Premium was recently mailed. If you haven't received yours, you can download it from the club website: http://www.hdlrc.com/ The club will provide free breakfast, free lunch, a kids corner (play area), and much more! I look forwa...
Views: 357   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 1, 2007 10:50am
by Dian Welle
p
Phoebe
Views: 858   Replies: 12
Last Post: Oct 1, 2007 10:42am
by diane
Shawnee Mission
Congratulations to Suellen Manning - BLOSSOM HILL LABRADORS in St. Louis for MARIO'S wins at Shawnee Mission. Mario a Cutter Grandson produced as a result of Suellen's excellent breeding program finished with a BIG WIN as WD and BOW on Sunday. Mario matched Cutte...
Views: 630   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 1, 2007 9:49am
by Connie Thompson
REMINDER Raleigh-Durham Back to Back Specialties
The closing date for our shows is Wednesday, October 17. We have a great judging panel lined up. The premium and entry forms can be found on the club website. We hope to see you there. Stephanie
Views: 314   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 1, 2007 8:09am
by Stephanie Danger...
a
adam
spot light
tomorrow we get new spot light dogs adam
Views: 490   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 1, 2007 6:19am
by Phoebe
Complete LRCGD Results
The complete marked catalog from our Show Secretary can now be viewed as a PDF file on the LRCGD Website at: http://www.kellyn.com/lrcgd/events.htm Just click on the link to the marked catalog. Enjoy!!! And a special thank you to all of our exhibitors, vendors...
Views: 449   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 1, 2007 1:27am
by Greg Lynch - Kel...
Denver Sunday WB
WB: Remingtons Sugar and Spice, Barb Randal and Carol Wagely -- BBE RWB: Everso Raspberry Beret, Maren McCleary, Open Black BOB will be going in the ring shortly. Johanne
Views: 550   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 30, 2007 11:14pm
by Patty Streufert
a
Anon
Sunday Monroe, MI news??
Any news on the winners? TIA!
Views: 484   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 30, 2007 11:13pm
by Winners Dog
Huron River Results?
Was this the weekend for Huron River?? Any Results? TIA!
Views: 568   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 30, 2007 10:51pm
by Caleb's Mom
Huron River Specialty Results Available
A complete catalog with results of our specialty show are available online. Please visit the Huron River LRC website at: www.huronriverlrc.com/events.htm Michelle VeuCasovic Show Chair, HRLRC
Views: 516   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 30, 2007 9:47pm
by HRLRC Show Chair...
Cleaning soft sided crate
Help - I need to wash my soft sided crate. A couple of stains on the inside and outside bottom and just general grime. I just know someone out there has a really nifty trick to do this the easy way. Thanks
Views: 371   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 30, 2007 8:55pm
by Darlene at Goldu...
dogs dismissed from show ring
I was just looking at show results from recent shows, I noticed some had dogs dismissed from the ring by judges, what would the reasons for this be? TIA
Views: 839   Replies: 13
Last Post: Sep 30, 2007 4:58pm
by exhibitor
Dog with Food Allergies
What foods do you recommend? trying to avoid specific indgredients: wheat, barley, Potatoe, Carrots, Sunflower Meal & Alfalfa Meal So far I have come up with two options. 1) Breeders Choice: Pinnacle Trout and Sweet Potatoe 2) Science diet z/d Ultra The Trou...
Views: 517   Replies: 26
Last Post: Sep 30, 2007 4:31pm
by similar problem
AKC Code of Sportsmanship
AKC Code of Sportsmanship PREFACE: The sport of purebred dog competitive events dates prior to 1884, the year of AKC’s birth. Shared values of those involved in the sport include principles of sportsmanship. They are practiced in all sectors of our sport: co...
Views: 843   Replies: 9
Last Post: Sep 30, 2007 2:41pm
by Genesislabs
a
Anon
Views: 455   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 30, 2007 2:25pm
by Genesislabs
b
bev
8 wk old puppy flying with owner
New "Dad" is flying into Maine next W/E and leaving a cpl of days later to head home to Montana with "Jr", do we need anything other than a standard health certificate? He'll be flying with Dad, just want to be ready for when my Vet comes later this wk. private re...
Views: 403   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 30, 2007 11:21am
by bev
Christmas Puppies Already??
I don't know about anyone else, but I have already started getting inquiries regarding the availability of pups for the holidays. In responce, I have decided to post a temporary page to my website specifically addressing this issue. If anyone's experiencing the same...
Views: 499   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 30, 2007 8:58am
by Jo Morris
Carla's surgery
As many of you know, Carla Hyndman was going in for surgery on her foot today. She has been in pain for a long time and now she will be on the road to recovery. Surgery was this morning and all went well. She will be home later today, but not able to get to her co...
Views: 632   Replies: 12
Last Post: Sep 30, 2007 4:45am
by Susan @ Weymouth
m
Marcy
Minitube?? Tried it and terrible, how can they exist?
So I am at the LRCP this year and listen to this British man named John(can't remember last name) giving a lecture on Minitube chilled semen kits and wonderful they are. So I said what the heck and bough a set(BIG MISTAKE) I thought something was funny when no oth...
Views: 1178   Replies: 37
Last Post: Sep 30, 2007 2:34am
by Ignore the TroLL...
Too much milk?
My girl Ruby had her second litter yesterday, via c-section. She really never tucked up again from her first litter, and her mammary tissue has been huge for weeks! She only had 4 pups, and I'm afraid she will have too much milk. Pups are nursing well, but she is...
Views: 438   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 30, 2007 1:47am
by Jackie, Black Sa...
Progesterone?
Thoughts on starting progesterone testing on day seven? Is it too late or will we be okay? Thanks in advance.
Views: 469   Replies: 8
Last Post: Sep 29, 2007 10:59pm
by Susan ~ Fenwyck
OFA x-ray anesthesia or not?
What is your preference and why for OFA x-rays? A Vet that uses anesthesia ( sp??) or one that does not? Which way gives the most accurate x-ray? I have a bunch of Prelims to do. My Vet who I have used for years does use anesthesia and is very against not using i...
Views: 576   Replies: 23
Last Post: Sep 29, 2007 9:30pm
by Dian Welle
Smelly ears
In checking my boys ears they are clean-no gook, no brown stuff. they do have an odor though. Is this yeast, infection, normal?
Views: 327   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 29, 2007 8:09pm
by Gail R
l
Lisa
Showing your dog to the judge who bred him and winning?
Sorry if this has been talked about before. How do ya'll feel about that? Showing your dog to the breeder who happens to be judging the show? I saw this happen recently and she put the dog she bred up and it just felt wrong to me. He was a nice dog so it's not s...
Views: 757   Replies: 18
Last Post: Sep 29, 2007 8:02pm
by Greg Lynch - Kel...
Web site that has list of Optigen A/B dogs
Wondering if anyone out there has the web site for the optigen list of dogs that are A/B. Looking at a stud dog and was wondering if he has been tested. His web site doesn't show anything but he is a very well know stud dog.
Views: 486   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 29, 2007 7:33pm
by Breeder Two
b
Becky
ILRC Specialty Results
Here are the results of today's specialty with Heidi Herman judging her first sweeps classes and Manuel Queijero judging the regular classes. A nasty thunderstorm held off until BOB was almost over! Best Puppy in Sweeps Blackwatch Temptation Best Opposite...
Views: 797   Replies: 13
Last Post: Sep 29, 2007 5:27pm
by Sharon Celentano...
Wine Country Circuit
Anybody happen to know the results from the Finger Lakes KC show today? TIA Shar
Views: 570   Replies: 8
Last Post: Sep 29, 2007 5:05pm
by Wendy Brown
d
Donna
Sedating your dog for a trip on a plane
Hi! I was wondering how many of you guys sedate your dog when you have to fly to a show. Thanks, Donna
Views: 352   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 29, 2007 12:05pm
by Sherry
r
Robin
Novice breeder over her head
I received a call yesterday from someone referred by my regular vet regarding a breeding. This woman called late in the afternoon and explained her situation to me. Seems she has the #1 dog in her breed (toy breed), who she finished at *EIGHT MONTHS*, and, (this wi...
Views: 886   Replies: 16
Last Post: Sep 29, 2007 2:18am
by A Lotta LoLs
Potomac 2008 judges are posted!
http://lrcp.com/specialty.shtml
Views: 1138   Replies: 36
Last Post: Sep 29, 2007 1:00am
by Greg Lynch - Kel...
a
Annie
HELP
I'm still new at this. What classes should I enter by yellow female puppy in at Mid-Jersey. She will be 15 months old on October 22nd. She has shown before, and done fairly well. I plan to show her both days. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Views: 562   Replies: 9
Last Post: Sep 29, 2007 12:56am
by Susan @ Weymouth
d
Diane
ResQ Microchips
Anyone heard of these.? Do they use and avid chip. Or does ResQ have there own chips? I didn't have time to read the info at the vet today.But I know the registration is a free lifetime reg. A bit Costly for me.As my Vet would charge me $30 to implant. Just wond...
Views: 269   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 28, 2007 10:56pm
by Diane
Photographic coincidence?
I was checking out Jill's Kennel links page and the one for Companion Keeper. I clicked on it and said, gee those photos look familiar. I guess Vicky gave them permission to use them! Nice dogs. http://www.companionkeeper.com/images/labrador-album1.jpg h...
Views: 825   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 28, 2007 10:48pm
by huh
Fun - Raining Babies in Denver!
Does everyone remember the brutal blizzard that hit Colorado last Christmas? Followed by several more over the next few weeks? Well, there's a logical outcome to all of that.... Here it is nine months later and area hospitals are reporting being inundated with ne...
Views: 483   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 28, 2007 10:44pm
by Southerner
Eggs
How long are eggs viable after they mature?
Views: 388   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 28, 2007 8:29pm
by Breeder
Wine Country Circuit Day #2
Hi All, Anybody out there have results for the 2nd day - the Elmira Kennel Club? TIA Sharlene
Views: 463   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 28, 2007 7:02pm
by Sharlene
s
SueH
Rally Novice
Does anyone have a sheet that lists the procedures needed to be learned in Rally Novice to compete without going to classes.. are classes really needed if you have done competition obedience in years past? Any info. other than whats on the AKC site would be nice.. p...
Views: 322   Replies: 8
Last Post: Sep 28, 2007 6:33pm
by Gina in PA
safe guard
SAFE-GUARD Top Dress Pellet Medicated Dewormer Safe-Guard 0.5% (Fenbendasole) Medicated Dewormer For Beef, Dairy Cattle, & Swine says 1lb doses 1,000 lbs......do I use it at that dosage for my dogs??
Views: 396   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 28, 2007 3:31pm
by breeder
b
Beth
food additions same product line
I feed Purina Adult Chicken and Rice and was considering occasionally throwing in a bag of Performance. Seeing that Performance is in the Proplan line, can I do this without risk of upsetting the dogs' digestive systems?
Views: 414   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 28, 2007 11:35am
by Nancy Rudgers
Help with food switch problems
Hi, Over the last 2 weeks I have been slowly switching my dogs food from Pro-Plan Chicken Rice to Kirkland. After about the first week when I was doing half & half of the foods I noticed some loose stools between both dogs and thought nothing of it. Then things see...
Views: 246   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 28, 2007 6:20am
by kimberjac
Registration for puppy buyer
I asked for advise here about a week ago and wanted to let everyone know what I found out from the AKC. I had a pet puppy buyer go against my contract and online register without using my registered kennel name as the first part of the puppys name. Also, the puppy...
Views: 439   Replies: 12
Last Post: Sep 27, 2007 11:14pm
by Melissa Kime
Do Yellows have more allergy issues?
In your experience, have you seen more yellow dogs with allergy issues?
Views: 493   Replies: 9
Last Post: Sep 27, 2007 9:50pm
by Joy
u
URZ
Vacuuming your lab
"PetHair Fantastic is a vacuum attachment tool that removes loose pet hair, dust, dirt and allergenic skin dander from sofas, carpets, car carpets, car seats, clothes and most woven fabric as well as from dogs, cats and horses FASTER – BETTER than any other pro...
Views: 400   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 27, 2007 6:42pm
by Aquila
Pedigree Programs
Does anyone use a pedigree program that they absolutely love? I have been told that The Breeder's Standard™ .NET is pretty good. I want to get one now that we have a litter planned....
Views: 437   Replies: 9
Last Post: Sep 27, 2007 6:08pm
by Pathway
semen
I thought I posted yesterday asking if anyone has shipped semen to England lately. I don't see my post so I'll ask again. Is there a restriction with sending fresh chilled semen to England in Minitube. TIA
Views: 495   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 27, 2007 11:27am
by Wondering
redeux on emergency when alone
I am 41 and currently suffer from late stage class 4 heart failure (20% function) and lung failure (50% function) resulting from intense, invasive Chemo/radiation for stage 4 Hodgkins Lymphoma in 1992-93. I spent 4 weeks in intensive care in 2002 for liver failure....
Views: 366   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 27, 2007 11:04am
by Patty/Snowco Lab...
Pipeline Speak Softly?
Does anyone out there have a picture of 'Whisper' that they would be willing to share with me?? I used to have one, but my old computer ate it, LOL!! Private e-mails please....Thanks!! Dana
Views: 454   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 27, 2007 9:44am
by Susan, MLL
for all of you who use a baby pool as a whelping box...
do you feel it is big enough for a litter of 8 or more pups? At least for a while? This pool is in a much larger pen area.
Views: 731   Replies: 16
Last Post: Sep 27, 2007 9:42am
by Cindy
d
doubts
Mrs. Sharon A. Parr
I was just thinking.. has anyone ever gotten under Mrs. Sharon A. Parr judgement? she's from Delight Labradors... any advices? thanks!
Views: 795   Replies: 8
Last Post: Sep 27, 2007 8:20am
by Traci
dark belly and allergies?
Has anyone ever heard this before ...a puppy buyer emailed me and asked this...guess her vet has this notion?? I never heard this before ..See below..... "I was wondering if there is any history of allergies with his mom and dad. The vet was a little concerned abo...
Views: 430   Replies: 12
Last Post: Sep 27, 2007 7:28am
by Southland Breede...
j
Jill
AKC Website
Has anyone else been having problems with filling out the **Sires** information part on the AKC website litter reg page? I have been trying for days and can't get past the page where I enter the sire's reg information. It just times out and I get a blank page....
Views: 704   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 27, 2007 6:48am
by Dana @ Mirabelle
u
URZ
Dyson Vaccum
I'm thinking about getting a Dyson vacuum cleaner. I don't know if I should get the DC14 Animal or the DC 15 Animal or is there another model I should be looking at. The DC 15 has "the ball". Any coments or recomendations for any of the following questions wou...
Views: 369   Replies: 10
Last Post: Sep 27, 2007 3:32am
by saudjie
Happy Birthday
Happy Fifth Birthday Travis- We're glad you are still with us. J.
Views: 748   Replies: 21
Last Post: Sep 27, 2007 1:40am
by Oy Vey
England
Does anyone know if shipping semen to England is possible. What restrictions etc.? TIA
Views: 442   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 26, 2007 11:27pm
by breeder
Anonymous on forum,is there a reason...
Have been reading this thread with interest. All the pros and cons of beeing anonymous... Jill said that you do not want to stand with your name if you have a problem!!! Right on, there it is... we are having problems in our breed because people want to hide them....
Views: 619   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 26, 2007 11:21pm
by Greg Lynch - Kel...
LRCGD Judges Program
The judging program for the LRCGD Specialty is on the website for those interested. The URL is: http://www.kellyn.com/lrcgd/events.htm Follow the link to "View and print Judging Program".
Views: 420   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 26, 2007 11:09pm
by Greg Lynch - Kel...
Demodex ? What is it ?
Had a friend call and her pup has this. I am not familiar with it. Not a Lab, but should I stay away until treatment is done ? Sounded like it would go away with treatment.
Views: 369   Replies: 9
Last Post: Sep 26, 2007 11:01pm
by debbie darche, d...
Golden Gate LRC closes 10/3 -- one week to go
Come join the first back-to-back specialties with GGLRC. Our rings will be out in the orchard, next to the Golden Retrievers under the shady trees and near your RV is you have one. It should be a fun and exciting show. We're looking forward to seeing old and new f...
Views: 264   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 26, 2007 9:16pm
by Rycroft Labrador...
Veterans class at specialties
It's easier to ask, since someone will know faster than me looking it up!!! I have never shown a veteran at a show before. Can you show a neutered dog in regular classes, I know you can in sweeps.
Views: 490   Replies: 9
Last Post: Sep 26, 2007 8:28pm
by Jennifer
Forums Anonymous - A review. Grumpy people need not reply.
**Resemblance to characters living or dead in this post are strictly coincidental. ** Thanks to anonymity, this forum is The Potomac of Labrador lists. It’s the must-read online soap. What happens here doesn’t stay here. Just ask Michael Silva if he...
Views: 1087   Replies: 40
Last Post: Sep 26, 2007 6:47pm
by saudjie
a
Anon
Results from Indy shows 9/21 and 9/22
I heard a Lab got a group placement - Any other news? WB/WD? TIA!
Views: 525   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 26, 2007 6:03pm
by Genesislabs
Going to a show with a pregnant bitch at home???????
What do most of you do- you have a pregnant bitch at home and there is a show coming up within 10 days. (This is her second litter and she is an easy whelper.) You did not enter her but you have four others you have entered. Do you go and disinfect everything when...
Views: 500   Replies: 14
Last Post: Sep 26, 2007 5:24pm
by Karin
PRLRC Supported Entry
Hello The next October the Puerto Rico Labrador Retriever Club, Inc. (PRLRC) will have their first Supported Entry with the Caribe Kennel Club ( http://www.caribekennelclub.com ). The show will be held October 25th - 28th. The entries closes Oct. 3rd. We have f...
Views: 256   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 26, 2007 1:17pm
by Secretary
Bare Bones - 2 weeks before entries close!
Don't forget to send your entries in - show closes Oct. 10th. We have a great lineup of judges this year. Friday, Oct. 26 LRCP Bare Bones, www.lrcp.com for a premium Janet Farmilette (Mijan)- Dogs & Breed Tom Shearer (Bonaventure) - Bitches Traci Stintzcum (Bu...
Views: 373   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 26, 2007 1:12pm
by Cheryl Little
Potomac Critique's
I'm so excited! The judges critiques from the 2007 Spring Specialty are on the Labrador Retriever Club of the Potomac's website (www.lrcp.com). Thank you Mr. Webmaster!!!!
Views: 443   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 26, 2007 1:02pm
by Lulu's Best Fri...
Ohio Bills still alive!
Please help us in Ohio. We need your phone calls and faxes to stop this bill dead in its tracks. If you live in Ohio, call 614-466-8072 (Senator Cates' office) and ask to put on the list to give opposition testimony. Or at least express your displeasure at the at...
Views: 260   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 26, 2007 12:57pm
by Lab Owner
71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80
Free Forum powered by Bravenet