Start a New Topic 
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Happy New Year
Happy New Year to all fellow listers!!! Hope your 2012 is full of good health, happiness and blue ribbons!!! Best, Leslee Pope Huntcrest
Views: 214   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 30, 2011 10:30pm
by Gail R
Hoosier Labrador Specialty Sponsoring OFA Heart Clinic *02-12-2012
HOOSIER LABRADOR RETRIEVER CLUB , INC Specialty Show Chair Person ~ Pete Zimmerman 1328 Michigan Ave Logansport , In 46947 feather_ reed@frontier.com *The Hoosier Labrador Retriever Club , Inc and the Central Indiana Pug Club will Co-sponsor a Heart Clinic...
Views: 390   Replies: 9
Last Post: Dec 30, 2011 4:01pm
by sue
More AKC news
https://www.akc.org/pdfs/about/secretary_page/1111.pdf As of Jan.1 AKC registration fee is going up to $30. There will also be an additional $10 fee per co-owner if the dog is being registered to more than one owner. The prices printed on forms with the old fees...
Views: 513   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 30, 2011 11:54am
by BOM
s
Sue
High creatine level
I have 4 male (neutered) labs with high creatine levels. 8 yr old with 1.60 normal BUN, 7 yr old with 1.60 normal BUN, and two litter mates 5 yr old with 1.60 and 1.70 normal BUN all fasted 12 hr b/f blood. Two others (not owned by me) females (spayed) also ha...
Views: 561   Replies: 13
Last Post: Dec 30, 2011 10:32am
by Kate Fulkerson, ...
how early?
I have a bitch here who is one week post breeding for her second litter. If I didn't know better I'd be sure she was pregnant. Seems like over night she has the tufts of hair on her flanks standing out like she did with her first litter and just like every other bi...
Views: 468   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 30, 2011 9:55am
by Hildur@Draumalan...
Newborn yellow with small black spot on thigh area
Litter born last night. One yellow male has a small area of black hairs on the rear thigh area kind of next to the tail. Both parents are pure for yellow. Anyone every seen this? Does it ever go away?
Views: 735   Replies: 15
Last Post: Dec 30, 2011 9:46am
by CaTy
a
Anne
Here we go-
Every now and again, I go to the AKC site to see how sales are going with Labrador pups. Yes, sales. Years ago you never saw a well known breeder advertising. But, unfortunately things have changed. I happened to see a VERY well known breeder on the AKC classifi...
Views: 1330   Replies: 41
Last Post: Dec 30, 2011 8:07am
by Anne
Progesterone 4.7 today (Sat), breed Tuesday?
Hi, I have another post where progesterone was hanging at 1.1, well 2 days later and we are 4.7 so presume she'll ovulate today which is Saturday. If stud owner ships fresh chill on Monday and we do surgical insemination first thing Tuesday, do you think we'll be OK?
Views: 510   Replies: 12
Last Post: Dec 29, 2011 10:40am
by single breeding
Pine chips/shavings
With the drought in Texas my backyard is dead, no grass, the tree died with the last hurricane. I have dirt and sand in the back yard! Ugh! I was wanting to wait another year before I re-do it. The area is about 24 x 24, somewhat small but with all the mud now tha...
Views: 364   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 29, 2011 9:11am
by NebwieABC
l
LRT
Pet person looking for puppy
I have a family looking for a puppy in the April time frame. They are a WONDERFUL family. I sold them a puppy 14 years ago and another one about 4 years ago. The 14 year old passed several months ago and they want to add another to their home. The time frame is due t...
Views: 586   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 28, 2011 9:56pm
by brdr21
False pregnancy
Will a false pregnancy delay next heat cycle, or should I assume she will go into heat at her normal time?
Views: 412   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 28, 2011 7:20pm
by Tiffany
Penn Hip Listing Directory
There is a listing on our club website for this very thing. It's free and easily accessable!!! http://pennhip.prlrc.org/pennhip/
Views: 244   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 28, 2011 6:59pm
by Tiffany
j
JO
Unsolicitated advertising/NonLR
Anybody know how to get rid of the annoying EpicPlay advertisement that is invading all the websites? Everytime I click on a website a survey pops up and there are certain words double underlined that when you scroll over them the same advertisement pops up. I've e...
Views: 451   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 27, 2011 11:50pm
by JO
On Feeding Pups and dogs
A very long article . Interesting line that says keeping a dog thin does NOT retard genetic potential. Whoopsy , thanks here is the link http://personal.palouse.net/valeska/Growth-calcium-energy.htm
Views: 621   Replies: 14
Last Post: Dec 27, 2011 1:13pm
by Yes I read it
Opps breeding with 10yr
Been breeding over 20yrs and never a opps breeding..Didn't even notice my 10yr old was in season. Probably a silent heat~~Came home to find male and felmale tied!!! Thinking of taking her in for a spay but worried it would risk her life...Any experience on older bitc...
Views: 945   Replies: 13
Last Post: Dec 27, 2011 9:37am
by depends on her
j
Jill
A New Year
I've just finished reading a Christmas letter from a good friend. He ended the letter with these very simple words: **Be Happy, Be Kind** My wish for all of you can be found in those 4 simple words. Wishing you all happiness and kindness in this season of r...
Views: 860   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 26, 2011 9:14pm
by Becky Jack
Puppy
I have a new puppy that is about 9 weeks old. I can see that her pasterns are a bit "loose" or a bit "let down" (not sure how to describe) hope you understand me. Anything I should be worried about or will she just grow into it? Should I give her Vitamin C at this...
Views: 706   Replies: 14
Last Post: Dec 26, 2011 2:36pm
by Lab Breeder
Info on delaying spay/neuter
Can anyone post links to information on the advantages of delaying spay/neuter until the dog has matured? Little River seemed popular, but the links no longer work for me TIA
Views: 571   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 25, 2011 10:43am
by Laura
Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas to all. Enjoy all the holiday cheer and be safe from all of us at Hampton Labs.
Views: 274   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 25, 2011 10:06am
by Ann H.
Pred and puppy coats?
I have two six month old puppies who had strangles when they were young and were put on pred. They are perfectly healthy now, but I've noticed they don't have a "normal" coat, it's all undercoat/no top coat...basically the fuzzy/felt coat you have on little baby pupp...
Views: 410   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 25, 2011 8:41am
by Cathy Montgomery
d
debbie
all I have to say
Merry Christmas
Views: 743   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 24, 2011 8:13pm
by Melody Losea
A tumor?
My girl will be 8 years in May. In Sept this year my vet noticed that in back of her "udder" behind the last nipples there was enlargement of some kind of mess/tumor or some kind of swelling (we didn't take any sample). When she was doing a palpation my girl squeaked...
Views: 444   Replies: 10
Last Post: Dec 24, 2011 6:53pm
by Hildur@Draumalan...
Anyone know of or use this show photographer?
Surfing stud dogs, I stumbled upon this photographer information. Does he ever photograph labradors as I would rather pay a novice photographer and not use someone like him with a sitting fee. Isn't it highly unusual to charge the breeder a sitting fee on top of the...
Views: 541   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 24, 2011 3:43pm
by Stumbled upon
HRCH ?
Can someone tell me what HRCH & UH or CP before a dogs name means please? Is it within AKC titles or a different venue such as UKC? I'm just curious. I saw each of those in front of stud-dogs advertisements in the front of the dogs name. I'm completely unfamili...
Views: 446   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 23, 2011 1:39pm
by curious
Vet in or near Masapeque, NY
One of my puppy families who live in Masapeque, NY are looking for a good vet. Those of you who live on Long Island could you give me some names to give them. Thanks and Happy Holidays!
Views: 331   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 23, 2011 1:17pm
by Sharon Celentano...
With Hundreds of Dogs Abandoned Near Everglades, Rescuers Are Out of Funds
Florida With Hundreds of Dogs Abandoned Near Everglades, Rescuers Are Out of Funds By Gus Garcia-Roberts Mon., Dec. 19 2011 at 9:00 AM Candy, one of the 178 dogs rescued from the Everglades area since September. The past four months have been a horror show fo...
Views: 476   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 23, 2011 1:06pm
by Breeder
A (true) fuzzy Christmas story......
This morning I awoke in a leisurely manner. I fed my labs only a little later than normal, and then lazily enjoyed a little time with my family. I knew I had to make a trip to Walmart. I didn't need much, but just felt this NEED to pick up a few things. Before I...
Views: 559   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 22, 2011 3:31pm
by grinch
whelping box opinion needed
I'm looking for a new whelping box Has anyone used www.ezwhelp.com for boxes and supplies? I am very interested if you have any comments - positive or negative. If anyone in the NE is ready to part with something that works for them, regarding whelping boxes th...
Views: 587   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 22, 2011 1:04pm
by El
Info re puppies at Danville, PA, SPCA
As promised, I stopped in. I had 2 more phone call this morning about the puppies, people wondering if I'm the breeder fostering the puppies. I asked for the supervisor on duty, but not available. So I explained to the young woman at the desk who I was and why I...
Views: 777   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 22, 2011 10:57am
by valwhalen
buyers with pick puppy syndrome
Does anyone know of an educational article or have a polite way to educate a family who has pick puppy syndrome. The family is afraid they are getting a left over puppy or they will not bond with this puppy since they do not have anything to "pick" from
Views: 1109   Replies: 21
Last Post: Dec 22, 2011 8:32am
by nybreeder
'Tis the Season!
I'm sending all Labrador Retriever families and friends Season's Greetings. I hope Santa Paws is good to you and yours. Have yourselves a Happy Hanukkah, a happy 1st day of winter, a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!! Kathy, Joe, 'Oak,' 'Seek,' and 'Charlie
Views: 353   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 21, 2011 5:55pm
by Holly
Neurologic reaction to rabies shot??
Has anyone ever had a dog react neurologically to a rabies shot? Went for a senior checkup,(he's 10) updated the rabies and my boy has been wobbly since. It started in the back end, he fell, couldn't get up. Then he got progressively more unstable behind, if one o...
Views: 552   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 21, 2011 4:31pm
by Robin
Ride needed N from St. Louis
Is anyone traveling to the northern Illinois/Wisconsin area for Christmas who would be willing to help Jake get home for Christmas? Because of my other responsibilities, I can't take off 16 hours to drive to St. Louis and back, but would be willing to meet you anywh...
Views: 274   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 21, 2011 1:38pm
by Peggy Stevens
Vaccination Protocols?
What are are your vaccination protocols? Do most of you follow Jean Dodds? It has been several years since I have had a litter, and at that point, knew only the 'old school' type protocol. With my now adult dogs, I do Lepto only (and stretch the Rabies past three...
Views: 448   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 21, 2011 11:40am
by us
Have you shown under these judges?
Have you shown under James M. Brown or Mr. James S. Covey and would you show under them again? Trying to figure out if the drive on icy roads is worth it. I know several excellent handlers will be handling under them also. TIA
Views: 817   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 21, 2011 4:22am
by weathergirl
Anyone heard from Westminster yet?
I hear the acceptance emails are going out. Anyone get in yet?
Views: 343   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 20, 2011 4:49pm
by first timer
Fromm Foods for dogs
Is anyone using Fromm dog foods, which kind and how are the dogs doing on it? TIA
Views: 547   Replies: 10
Last Post: Dec 20, 2011 7:29am
by Breederski
l
lisa
Cleveland results
Does anyone have results for the Cleveland shows?
Views: 959   Replies: 13
Last Post: Dec 19, 2011 7:59pm
by Hearty congrats!
Progesterone Levels & When You Bred
I am curious to get some feedback on running progesterone, the timing of breeding, and litter results. What day did you get a result of 5? On what day(s) after did you breed? Natural, AI, Surgical, etc? Litter results? Thanks!
Views: 469   Replies: 10
Last Post: Dec 19, 2011 7:44am
by Lab Breeder
Eukanuba!
They should be done soon. Please post results!
Views: 1089   Replies: 19
Last Post: Dec 19, 2011 12:28am
by Breeder
about Natalie's links
To the rest of the board, here is what she's trying to sell, a scam. http://www.ripoffreport.com/directory/trainpetdog-com.aspx http://trainpetdogscam.blogspot.com
Views: 673   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 19, 2011 12:26am
by Party Pooper
Questions about whelping fleece
Hope someone can give some input on whelping fleece. I have searched the forum several times and read all of the posts about the topic and looked at the links, but still have a couple of questions. I am in the market for more whelping blankets. I have two pads tha...
Views: 989   Replies: 9
Last Post: Dec 18, 2011 9:49pm
by Fleece question
Natalie. Come to this post now, you're needed.
Obviously you are trying to advertise a site on any and every thread you can. Don't make someone contact the board owner or moderators to get your hiney kicked off here and your IP banned. It's Sunday evening and I think it's time for you to call it a day on...
Views: 510   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 18, 2011 9:20pm
by ALabby breeder
Older Dog/Retiree sought
I have a wonderful family with 3 young children that is interested in adopting an older dog/retiree. Obviously, must be great with kids and housebroken. Please email me privately if you have something. Wish we did, as it is a fabulous home. Thanks in advance for y...
Views: 794   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 18, 2011 8:44pm
by What is it with ...
never let your dog lead
You must never let your dog lead you while walking. It will make the dog think that he/she is more superior than the owner. This is Poodle Training.
Views: 622   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 18, 2011 2:05pm
by Sue M
Shy Puppy
I am getting ready to show my gorgeous bitch. Lately she has been a little wary of people - she backs off then just waits and looks until she decides that she'd like to be patted. She's not afraid - just a little shy. I'm worried that her first show in a few month...
Views: 635   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 17, 2011 8:17pm
by social puppy
j
Joan
Potomac 2012 - protest
If you are unhappy with the conformation - obedience/rally split at the 2012 Potomac, please send an email to the board letting them know how you feel. I finally broke down and sent an email. To save you some trouble, here are the email addresses of the board me...
Views: 2165   Replies: 44
Last Post: Dec 17, 2011 9:11am
by Shame
extract tooth or save
Have a 5 year old who's molar suffered what the vet thinks was a slab fracture. I was brushing her teeth today and a third of her molar fell out. This girl is not given bones-just a rawhide every now and again. Vet will see her in a few days but the option will be...
Views: 388   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 17, 2011 7:57am
by Wendy C. Ernst, ...
d
DebiR
New Champion
My black dog Mtn Meadow Hit The Deck At Debkens a.k.a. Decker finished his Champoinship in Dallas on 12.9.11 owner handled for every point. He also picked up 2 Select Dog majors Sat & Sun! I want to thank Pam & Gerald Harvey Mtn Meadow Labradors (his breeders) for se...
Views: 632   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 16, 2011 10:16pm
by BRDR II
Speaking of Westminster
Has anyone received an email saying they got in yet?
Views: 581   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 16, 2011 8:58pm
by wondering
Any Results from Florida?
I know Eukanuba is not until Sat/Sun but there are 3 days of all breeds leading up to it. Curious to hear any news from today's show? Was a pretty good judge.
Views: 515   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 16, 2011 8:47pm
by Susan M
New Dentition Database for OFA - just saw this on their website
New Dentition Database At the request of the American Rottweiler Club, the OFA has developed a new dentition database. The database is used to certify full dentition and is open to all breeds. Any attending veterinarian may perform the examination. There is no min...
Views: 563   Replies: 9
Last Post: Dec 16, 2011 5:20pm
by I'll Bite
New Champion Master Hunter
Congratulations to my friend Nancy Wolston for finishing Yeager's championship today at the Providence shows! He is now CH Lobuff Major Yeager at Asquam MH. Norman did a great job too! Congrats also to his co-owners Lisa Weiss and Julie Quigley-Smith, and to his b...
Views: 879   Replies: 22
Last Post: Dec 16, 2011 5:02am
by Lori Riley
a
Attn
Hoarding rescue
Most of the dogs were Labs: http://monmouthcountyspca.org/2011/12/hoarding-situation-brings-29-puppies-to-the-mcspca/
Views: 551   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 15, 2011 8:13pm
by Marjorie
j
JSS
diabetic senior
my senior citizen mother has a 10 year old male Labrador that has been diagnosed with diabetes, it came on quick and was pretty severe. The vet is telling her the cheapest place to get insulin shots is Walmart at $29 a day! She cant afford this, I dont know who coul...
Views: 229   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 15, 2011 7:53pm
by Laurie
c
cd
broken tooth/showing
I have a 2 yr old boy who has broken off one of his upper canine teeth...the "stump" is about 1/4", not discolored, no apparent pain. I plan to show it to my vet next time I go, but wondered others experience with this? He is a CH, major pointed for his GRCH, I h...
Views: 373   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 15, 2011 7:20pm
by Betty M
c
CM
Animals of the Year.....
http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/12/15/animal-of-the-year-the-2011-distinction-that-really-matters/?hpt=hp_c3&hpt=hp_t2#animal-of-the-year-seal-team-sixs-canine-companion WOW!!!!
Views: 388   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 15, 2011 3:46pm
by BarbS
Pre-Molars
How long on a pup do you wait before you decide a pre-molar's not there? I have a young male about a year, and while I think I see where a pre-molar might erupt, it hasn't. I am not planning on xraying or doing a vet visit for this purposely, but was curious if the...
Views: 337   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 15, 2011 1:52pm
by tooth fairy
Clumping semen
I spoke to John Lichty at Minitube and he said all of you need to call him with your concerns so they can determine if there is a problem. I had problems with my last litter with the clumping and he had several suggestions for me. So all of you who have concerns need...
Views: 372   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 15, 2011 11:29am
by Gretchen Hyde
b
BarbS
Semen clumping
This article is about Boar's semen but some of the info on "Temperature and Clumping" (scroll down)could possibly apply to canines as well. Seems worth consideration at least: http://www.ncsu.edu/project/swine_extension/publications/factsheets/812s.htm
Views: 262   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 15, 2011 10:14am
by BarbS
Ideal Progesterone Level to Ship Semen
I have a girl that is in season now, and I have to get progesterone done. What would you consider an ideal levl to have the stud owner ship with? Her last heat I did not have progesterone done and bred on day 12 and day 14 and had 9 puppies. So I am trying to...
Views: 312   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 14, 2011 8:08am
by Wendy C. Ernst, ...
whining in the crate
Do any of you beentheretimers have any sure-fire cures for a 12 week old who whines when in the crate? Not my puppy, not a Lab, but a puppy I am watching for someone. Was hoping to pass on some tips as the owner is a stay at home Mom with 2 young ones. She is very...
Views: 384   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 14, 2011 3:58am
by get some sleep
Puppies dumped need help
I recieved this tonight and thought I'd pass it along in case anyone can help. I don't know anything about the puppies, they may or maynot be pure bred and I'd bet they're from a mill, but no doubt they need help. Contacts are in the email stream below. TIA ---...
Views: 694   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 13, 2011 1:19pm
by valwhalen
Pink paw pads on newborn black puppy
Has anyone seen this and do they turn black? The rest of the puppies have black pads.
Views: 443   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 12, 2011 11:22pm
by Tina @ Tyric
Allergies onset at 6 yrs old
OK I am more than frustrated and wanted to know if any of you have experienced this.. I have a bitch that has never shown so much as an itch in her whole life. She is now 6.5 yrs old. She whelped her last litter last summer and blew coat pretty badly. She was very it...
Views: 532   Replies: 15
Last Post: Dec 12, 2011 9:04pm
by just saw this
Atropine
Is it alright to do a CERF exam with the atropine eye drops if she is in whelp?
Views: 359   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 12, 2011 3:38pm
by Breeder
r
Robin
Liver disease in Labradors---asking for documented information
I am compiling information on liver disease in Labrador Retrievers, for an eventual article. I am looking for documented information on all types of liver disease regardless of causation: environmentally caused, toxicity reactions affecting the liver such as Rimady...
Views: 301   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 12, 2011 1:40pm
by Robin
recall of dog food: mold
One lot of Iams puppy food recalled due to high aflatoxin levels. http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm282506.htm Clickable link below, or type in the URL. There is also a regional recall of a food with which I am not familiar according the FDA site.
Views: 600   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 12, 2011 10:03am
by Charlotte K.
n
pellets
Hi, Wondering if any of you who are using pellets for the pee/poop area have any feedback for me on whether stove pellets are just as good? what if they eat them? Thanks!
Views: 447   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 11, 2011 12:10pm
by Joy
d
Deb H.
LAST DAY for LABMED Pampered Chef Party
Thank you so much to those who have ordered already. This is just a reminder for the procrastinators (like myself) that today is the last day for ordering Pampered Chef through the LABMED party. We get a very nice percentage of sales and there are lots of new items...
Views: 182   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 11, 2011 11:01am
by Deb H.
Bark Deterrents
I have been researching bark deterrents lately and I have become more confused now then from before I started. All the reviews are so mixed. Which ones work for your dogs? Thank you.
Views: 422   Replies: 9
Last Post: Dec 11, 2011 7:56am
by Kate Fulkerson, ...
Little crust on 2 week old's eye?
This is my first litter and I'm nervous about everything. Pups are 2 weeks old today and I noticed a few eyes beginning to open yesterday. Today one boy has his eyes just open a teeny bit and there was a little yellow crust under one eye. I wiped it this morning and...
Views: 375   Replies: 11
Last Post: Dec 11, 2011 12:55am
by saline
canine reproduction specialist ???
Anyone tell me of a good canine reproduction specialist in south east Illinois or south west Indiana? Thanks in advance
Views: 504   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 11, 2011 12:43am
by Elizabeth Martin
Pork Femur Bones
Has anyone ever given them to their dogs? I found some at Tractor Supply.
Views: 485   Replies: 10
Last Post: Dec 10, 2011 9:46pm
by Learned the hard...
r
Robin
English Show Leads
I know this has come up before, but the searches are old and I think outdated. Does anyone have a good source for the soft nylon English show leads in different colors? Allegheny does not seem to have them. Anyone know about the Allvalley ones? Any info would be...
Views: 598   Replies: 13
Last Post: Dec 10, 2011 5:11pm
by Anne Grant
m
Maria
OT Looking for Reputable Standard Poodle Breeder
Happy Autumn to you all, been a while since I posted here but I am not having luck with any referrals so I thought I would post here for suggestions. I am in No. California and have a dear friend who is ready to adopt a Standard Poodle after recently losing her Bea...
Views: 292   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 10, 2011 8:44am
by Maria
Puppy Buyers and Pickers
I am just a mere puppy buyer and have always been astounded at the attitude of some breeders who want to take our money and give us the puppy that THEY pick for us, regardless of color, sex, or anything else. This makes it nice and easy for them and one has to wonde...
Views: 633   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 10, 2011 7:50am
by Breeder long tim...
c
CM
Cleft Palate Question
A friend/breeder has had her first cleft palate puppy. Through perseverance and sheer determination on both their parts, he's survivied & is thriving now. A question came up that I have no clue about and hope someone else knows about.....can cleft palate pups/dogs...
Views: 550   Replies: 11
Last Post: Dec 9, 2011 8:08pm
by CM
Folic Acid revisited
Had my first cleft recently. The food I feed does say it contains folic acid, but it does not say how much, and it is near the bottom of the ingredient list. For those of you who supplement with folic acid to try to prevent clefts, how much do you give? And can they...
Views: 347   Replies: 9
Last Post: Dec 9, 2011 6:53pm
by Oldtimer
Average cost to enter All Breed show
What is the average cost to enter an All Breed show and typical cost per show for a handler? Is there a way to look up a handlers schedule to know whether they will be at the show in your area?
Views: 352   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 9, 2011 4:14pm
by me
Operation Long Shot Afghanistan
To all of you who have asked here is a link on our efforts to save these pups and then save Mama. So many wonderful groups have stepped up to help, it is just heartwarming. If you care to donate here is one of the links http://thepuppyrescuemission.chipin.com/oper...
Views: 288   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 9, 2011 4:03pm
by Lois@Majestx
Afghanistan Rescue
Well this is turning into quite an international effort. What is now known as "Operation Long Shot" is in the works. Each passenger can only take 2 pups in a single crate, and even with bribes paid not more than 2 pups per passenger. However Kabul airport will be...
Views: 293   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 9, 2011 2:58pm
by Mom also?
animated logo on another thread
I just saw the neatest animated blue lab logo on the Potomac protest thread. I didn't want to take away from the thread so I thought I would start a new one and ask how/where did you get that. That is just too cute! Thanks for letting me know.
Views: 376   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 9, 2011 1:52pm
by NewbieABC
Self regulating feeder?
I have six, 5 week old pups. Two females are smaller than the other pups, but still a nice weight, activity etc. One pup (the smaller of the two) seems to have developed a self regulatory feeding style. Because she is the smallest, I started to separate her from...
Views: 167   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 9, 2011 12:00pm
by Puppy feeding st...
b
BRDR
midwest puppy price
I seldom breed and when I do I always wonder what to ask for my pups. I don't want to undersell other reputable breeders and don't want to turn away good families by asking too much. Breeders in my area (Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan) have given me prices of...
Views: 764   Replies: 12
Last Post: Dec 9, 2011 11:30am
by Kim/Pirate
Potomac showing
How many people plan to enter and show in breed, obedience, and rally at the upcoming Potomac? I've just noticed on the AKC website that the venues are in different parts of town, no longer at one show site.
Views: 4903   Replies: 104
Last Post: Dec 9, 2011 11:25am
by Anne
Collection supplies
Where's the best place to order pipettes/collection cones, etc. to collect a stud dog? I've heard of Exodus, just seeing if that's the best or if there's another place I should look. Thanks!
Views: 280   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 9, 2011 9:09am
by Rosey Palm
n
NP
thryoid level breeding bitch
I have a 4 year old maiden bitch that I will plan to breed this spring. Probably the only litter from her due to life circumstances. I want to be able to get her pregnant. Had thyroid tested last week. 1.6 which is within normal (normal range Idexx says 1-4). Is...
Views: 285   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 8, 2011 5:44pm
by NP
b
Brrrr!
Puppies out of box and outside procedures
We live in the Midwest and it's cold in December. My five week old puppies want out of the whelping box and I am wondering, can they go outside to play if it's around 40 degrees? I mean, for a short while? Can they safely be put in an indoor-outdoor kennel for a f...
Views: 447   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 8, 2011 5:02pm
by Lois@Majestx
Stud dog age?
Would someone please remind me how old the cut off is for the CKC to register litters without a stud dog having paperwork from their Vet stating they are still fertile and able to breed. Is it 11 or 12 years? TIA
Views: 448   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 8, 2011 4:49pm
by done it
b
BDR
Etiquette working with your handler
The handler which I usually use is full for the shows which I want to send my girl to. Will she be offended if I use another handler? The other handler I would use is a beginner, met her at a friend's house while getting pup out. I really liked how she handled my p...
Views: 502   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 8, 2011 11:39am
by BDR
c
CaTy
Obedience and conformation ~ how not to confuse my pup.
Hi Everyone ~ I started breed handling classes last night with my 19 week old chocolate girl. I have entered her mom in conformation in the past but really was just winging it and want to get it right this time around. I also like to do obedience and rally with my...
Views: 346   Replies: 9
Last Post: Dec 8, 2011 10:01am
by CaTy
DDC results
If you may remember, my DDC swab felt like it took forever to make it's way to DDC earlier in November. It arrived last week to them, and I rec'd an email letting me know. This past Monday, we got our results via email for each the Coat Colour and the EIC. Amazing tu...
Views: 256   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 8, 2011 12:41am
by Tina @ Tyric
how to submit DNA tests on puppies
Am hoping some of you can give me some advice on doing cheek swabs on puppies - I have a litter that is 4 weeks old. Any tips for getting good accurate results? TIA
Views: 277   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 7, 2011 11:35pm
by Breeder
Parents
I saw a dog that my parents had gotten at my last visit, she was eaten up with something. I asked my dad what the vet said. He said oh some kinda mange and we are giving her baths. I felt bad but thought they had it handled with the vet. So I talk to my mom today. Sh...
Views: 768   Replies: 10
Last Post: Dec 7, 2011 7:59pm
by Really upset!
Safeguard Worming dosage per pound of puppy >
according to my notes, it says to give .5 ml for every 2.2 pounds of dog. I have a couple 90 pound boys to worm with Safeguard today so how many ML would you give each boy ? I came up with approx 22.5 ml per dog, 3 days on a row. 22.5 ml sounds like a lot to...
Views: 3340   Replies: 11
Last Post: Dec 7, 2011 3:27pm
by Breeder too
Westminster 2012
Can anyone tell me if tickets are available at the door typically? The website implys that they sell out, and wondering if I really need to order tickets this early.....
Views: 425   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 7, 2011 12:35pm
by The Pet
j
Janet
DDC coat color test question
I suppose I should call DDC to ask, but maybe I can get an answer on here. My chocolate girls coat color test came back as Ee R306ter +/- Does anyone know what this means?
Views: 409   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 7, 2011 11:48am
by Janet
Passing of Jack Galvin...
It was with great sadness that I learned of Jack Galvin's passing on Sunday morning. For many of us, Hennings Mill was such an important contributor to the development of the show Labrador over the last 30 plus years. Jack often played an important "behind-the-sce...
Views: 709   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 7, 2011 11:44am
by Laura
Feeding 4 week olds
My four week olds are getting two gruel meals each day, plus mom's milk. They are allowed to eat as much as they want at each gruel meal. My question is though, can they eat too much? I am amazed at what they can pack away in a single meal. I have three pans for s...
Views: 388   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 7, 2011 10:33am
by Breeder 800
Cute (& inexpensive!) Labby PJ bottoms
After reading the post about the Lab PJ's at Orvis, I was reminded of these cute pants at Kohls--MUCH cheaper and in a perfect color to minimize the appearance of all three colors of Lab hair!
Views: 649   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 7, 2011 9:43am
by Breeder
e
Emily
Behavior behind fences
Why would a dog be aggressive towards other dogs whether the dog is behind a fence or when the dog is in her crate. No other times does this dog show aggression. Not out and about, in PetSmart. And, its not just strange dogs, its her companions at home. Any ideas?...
Views: 648   Replies: 17
Last Post: Dec 7, 2011 8:37am
by Lab Breeder
article
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/05/lynn-jones-fired_n_1130427.html?ref=travel&icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl26%7Csec1_lnk3%7C117989 very sad
Views: 478   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 7, 2011 8:05am
by Mixed experience...
Ingen, anyone?
Just got an email from dear old Rick at Ingen touting their Holiday sale on tests. Is anyone still using them? Wondering if they are improving or if they've already scared everyone off? TIA!
Views: 450   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 7, 2011 7:54am
by Here
Afghanistan Rescue
My son works in Afghanistan, a truly horrid place for dogs and women. Well about a month ago my son heard a noise under one of the military construction trailers and after some patience, saw a starving bitch heavy with milk crawl out. He of course started feeding h...
Views: 484   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 6, 2011 1:53pm
by Redtape
r
Robin
Belated Thanks to HDLRC!
I know this is wayyyy after the fact, but there were some delays in posting right after the High Desert LRC Specialty in November. I wanted to thank the club for their hard work for a very enjoyable specialty, despite the freezing cold weather Saturday (or at least...
Views: 245   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 6, 2011 1:38pm
by Jo-Anne
Orvis Coupons
If someone really wants those Lab PJ's (or anything else at Orvis) and lives near an Orvis store, I have 2 $25.00 off a $50.00 in-store purchase you can have. Just e-mail me your name and address and let me know if you want one or both. Coupons expire 12/24/11 and ca...
Views: 356   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 6, 2011 11:27am
by Marjorie
whoops breeding......what would you do?
Please don't judge me or my post. I am looking for suggestions. I have a bitch that came into season almost three weeks ago. She is 10 months old. I have had her inside and not running loose with the others on my property. She has been on close watch. Today came ho...
Views: 1205   Replies: 26
Last Post: Dec 6, 2011 9:21am
by an elf...
OFA x-rays near Vancouver WA
I just moved to Woodland WA and am looking for a good vet for OFA x-rays. Anyone have reccomendations? Thanks Kelli
Views: 175   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 5, 2011 11:53pm
by Kelli Reichert
Dog (Lab) rescues kittens
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/05/dog-rescues-kittens-from-_n_1129595.html
Views: 321   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 5, 2011 6:18pm
by Pete
OFA taking too long
I submitted Digital finals more than 4 weeks ago. I ussually get results in 2-3 weeks. Did they close the whole week for Thanksgiving?
Views: 465   Replies: 14
Last Post: Dec 5, 2011 2:03pm
by Breeder
herbal treatment of Lyme Disease
Has anyone had experience with using herbal treatments for Lyme? Do you have specific suggestions for someone thinking about this? What have you learned from your own research and experience?
Views: 287   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 5, 2011 6:16am
by Susan Bonner
k
Kim
Chlorophyll for my bitch going into season
Okay I am brand new to this part of owning a male and female dog. My 11 month old female is just starting to menstrate.I have Chlorophyll and as of now she has been given tablets, I would have started sooner but there were no tell tale signs until last evening when...
Views: 512   Replies: 16
Last Post: Dec 5, 2011 3:47am
by Anne Grant
d
Deb H.
LABMED PAMPERED CHEF FUNDRAISER
Are you ready for Cyber Monday and FREE shipping? Do some shopping in your jammies in the comfort of your home this year and help LABMED help more Labradors in need. Pampered Chef will ship orders of $75.00 or more for free on Cyber Monday, November 28th. Your ord...
Views: 265   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 4, 2011 6:27pm
by LABMED
b
BRDR
Exercise Acreage shade
My dogs run for a few hours daily in two 1/4 acre fenced areas. They have a little deck in them so they can lay down off the ground. They also have dog houses which are almost never used but are there in case a storm comes up while I'm gone (I'm usually home and run...
Views: 511   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 4, 2011 5:03pm
by El
n
NEB
Cherry eye?
Has anyone ever heard of cherry eye occurring in a Labrador?
Views: 293   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 4, 2011 1:28pm
by Julie Oghigian
Frequency of Brucella screening
How often are stud dog owners testing their studs? Once a year, every 6mos, or on the same schedule as they'd require the bitch (w/in "x" number of days of breeding)?
Views: 336   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 4, 2011 1:23pm
by Julie Oghigian
Wendy McNaughton
Update on Wendy Wendy is tolerating the chemo and radiation well and is now out of the rehab again and is living with her daughter address is 84 Cross Street, Salem, NH 03079 she enjoys getting cards from her friends Wendy will be attending the Sunday show in Fi...
Views: 755   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 4, 2011 10:38am
by Ingrid
Orvis Catalog
Just in case you had not see the latest Orvis Catalog, it has the cutest lab PJ's & sheets and some other things. Thought I'd mention to those who might be interested. Have a great weekend!
Views: 498   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 4, 2011 9:34am
by Melody Losea
h
help!
Ear sucking puppy
I need some new ideas to stop a 4 months old ear sucking puppy. I've tried spraying the ears with bitter apple. I think it has now become an acquired taste. I sure could use some help with this one.
Views: 359   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 4, 2011 7:37am
by good idea
How much should a four month old puppy sleep?
My 17 week old puppy seems to sleep a lot which I find a tad worrying. She has 4 new teeth coming in, so maybe that is it. Should I be letting her run after my adult dog when she retrieves her ball? The pup enjoys it and the adult slows down when she has picked...
Views: 360   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 3, 2011 11:02pm
by Breeder
Chewed whiskers
When I picked up my puppy at the age of 8 weeks old, I was dismayed to discover that her whiskers had been chewed off and she was left with stubbly bits which scratched my face when I held her close. Does anyone know if they will ever grow properly?
Views: 345   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 3, 2011 8:50pm
by Puppy owner
g
Gail R
pine pitch removal
Could somebody please refresh my memory? I can't find it in the archives. Thanks in advance.
Views: 390   Replies: 11
Last Post: Dec 3, 2011 12:15pm
by Terri
l
Lauren
Congratulations to 2 NEW CH's!
With the forum being locked down just after the High Desert Lab Club shows, the congrats slipped through the cracks. Congratulations to 2 New Champions and their owners and breeders! CH Lawson's Best Man (WD on Saturday) Owned/bred by Shawna & Jason Lawson (La...
Views: 505   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 3, 2011 12:02pm
by Amanda Dearing
right day to breed
my girl came in early while I was out of town, had her tested Monday was 2.35, did again wednesday was 4.8 now the magic question is do I do another one or know that she has ovulated by today and breed her ??or what day would you suggest please.. Have a sub vet in p...
Views: 447   Replies: 14
Last Post: Dec 3, 2011 11:43am
by why?
h
happy
DDC two day turn around
I now someone was asking about turn around and DDC received my litter samples on the 28th and today I got the pdf file in my email! everyone was clear for EIC and I am a happy camper Now if I could get Optigen to pick up the pace, going on 14 days and waiting...
Views: 282   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 3, 2011 6:35am
by Hildur@Draumalan...
Is this safe?
http://www.revivalanimal.com/PG-600.html?a=REV111202K Got one of those emails from Revival and it told about this..... Info please....Safe? Does it work? Would YOU use it? Not really planning on trying it , just throwing it out there for discussion.
Views: 559   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 3, 2011 2:30am
by Breeder
To good to be true?
http://www.revivalanimal.com/Estrus-Test-Strips.html These sound to good to be true. Has anyone tried these ?
Views: 584   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 2, 2011 9:10pm
by Debbie Darche,DV...
Frontline Plus vs Certifect?
Have any of you used this yet. This is what Frontline is putting out now. If you have are you happy with it? Do you feel safe using it on your dogs? What is Certifect for Dogs? Certifect for Dogs is Merial's new long-lasting, monthly topical flea and tic...
Views: 655   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 2, 2011 12:48pm
by NewbieABC
Cutting Nails
Is there any truth to the idea that you can keep a dog's nails short for life, so that when they grow they just need occasional cutting but never get really long, if you cut the nails way back when pups are 4 weeks old. Does anyone do this routinely? Is there any...
Views: 481   Replies: 9
Last Post: Dec 2, 2011 12:31pm
by same but
Black Friday Special at www.alvalley.com
Visit www.alvalley.com and take advantage of our great Black Friday Weekend promotion in all of our leashes. Plus FREE SHIPPING Saludos to all our lab friends Alfredo Vallejo Alvalley
Views: 347   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 2, 2011 12:14pm
by Darn
l
Labs
OFA Xrays w/o anesthesia
I was wondering if there is a vet practice in the western NY area that will do OFA xrays without anesthesia. Also, what is an average cost in the area to have hips and elbows done and sent to OFA?
Views: 496   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 2, 2011 11:05am
by breeder
January Match!!!
It's not too early to plan for post-holiday fun with puppies and dogs! Keystone LRC Match! Saturday, January 14, 2012 Dog Training Club of Chester County Exton, PA Entries from 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. Judges: Regular Classes Donna Forte Sweeps Susan Lazarc...
Views: 332   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 2, 2011 5:40am
by Mary Ann Hart
Can't remember "Winston's" registered name
So apparently I am beginning to experience the first signs of old age. There is a black dog out there named Winston. He is an older boy, maybe 9 or so. He is a lovely boy that I was considering using on one of my girls and I can't remember for the LIFE of me what...
Views: 684   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 1, 2011 10:44pm
by JanisG
Story to Share!
Saw this on someone's facebook and found it very interesting! Enjoy! I was at WAL-MART buying a bag of Purina dog chow for my dog Candy, in the check-out line when a woman behind me asked if I had a dog. Why else would I be buying dog chow, RIGHT ??? So on impul...
Views: 489   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 1, 2011 7:53pm
by valwhalen
e
elf
New Spotlight ads are up
Santa came early to Wiscoy. Lovely labradors.
Views: 243   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 1, 2011 1:55pm
by elf
How do we put into words ...........
We don't even know how to begin to put into words ..... We weren't aware of the effort to help on our behalf until just a day or two ago. Your prayers and your messages to me have been such a help I will never be able to express how much you mean to me and my family....
Views: 568   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 1, 2011 6:35am
by Kate Fulkerson, ...
Where does it come from?
My line of labs tends towards a very THIN line of white on the chest. Much of the ti e it is not noticeable, and where my current bitch has won nu,erous BOB and no judge has seen it. Never hidden Her recent litter however, produced WAY WAY more white than I would...
Views: 451   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 1, 2011 12:32am
by me
Chemical Neutering??
I understand that the opportunity to Chemically Neuter will be available in the US on Jan 1 2012... Neutersol... I am in Canada. Not available here but has been in Europe for a few years.. Trials are being run in our County now... I belong to a S&R group and our tea...
Views: 494   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 30, 2011 9:46pm
by Tiffany
New "CH" Mar-Moye Kiss Em And Leave Em
Congratulations to Marion and Moye Daniel of Mar-Moye Labradors on their new Champion... CH Mar-Moye Kiss Em and Leave Em (Smoochie). Smoochie finished going WB and BOW today for a 3 point major at the Labrador Retriever Club of Potomac supported entry (Chesape...
Views: 622   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 30, 2011 6:30pm
by valwhalen
e
Emily
Sore toes?
My girl has what appears to be sores, not big between her toes. Almost like a fungus. Any ideas? Thank you in advance.
Views: 422   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 30, 2011 5:31pm
by Emily
Potomac Spring Specialty Deadline Looming
Hi all, We still have 1 classe available for sponsorship if anybody is interested. Novice Chocolate Dog The deadline is tomorrow, if you are interested, please do not hesitate to contact me! Thanks, Sharlene
Views: 357   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 30, 2011 3:19pm
by Sharlene
Ovitrol
Have any of you used Ovitrol spray for lice? Do you spray the dogs or the area? What about pregnant bitches?
Views: 341   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 30, 2011 11:11am
by Input Requested
s
Santa
Blingy show leads
I am looking for slip style show leads with "bling" for a Christmas present. I am not planning any shows between now and Christmas so vendor shopping is not an option. Any suggestions?
Views: 783   Replies: 19
Last Post: Nov 29, 2011 10:10pm
by Kim/Pirate
14 week old puppy, looking for an answer
I was just contacted by a puupy owner. Yesterday the pup had a great day running around playing. Was lethargic last night, no known cause. Took pup to Emergency vet. Vet immediatley incubated the pup. Nothing could be found to be wrong except they found no brain...
Views: 920   Replies: 14
Last Post: Nov 29, 2011 6:54pm
by Wendy C. Ernst, ...
MAVIC™ catheters
has anyone used these catheters for breeding? http://www.minitube.de/US_eng/Products-Services/Canine/Insemination/MAVIC-400 if not, what do you prefer to use to inseminate your girls?
Views: 431   Replies: 8
Last Post: Nov 29, 2011 6:09pm
by windycanyon
m
Mary B
New Champion at Eagle Bay
Meadow (Belquest Fields of Gold at Eagle Bay) finished her Championship Sunday in West Springfield, MA. We thank Vicky Creamer for sending us such a lovely girl, who spends her time outside the ring running around under fences and digging holes, but we love her anyway!
Views: 334   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 29, 2011 5:56pm
by Ann
Progesterone Too High to breed
Do you all think 24.2 is too high? I bred her on 12 and again today but she went way up in a day and a half to 24.2. Did I probably miss the fertile time?
Views: 681   Replies: 22
Last Post: Nov 29, 2011 5:54pm
by Stud Owner/Breed...
Views: 1530   Replies: 39
Last Post: Nov 29, 2011 2:50pm
by x
Ultrasound pup count accuracy
Had ultrasound at day 25 showing "at least" 7 pups. This girl's mom had 14 as largest litter and 9 as smallest. This is daughter's first pregnancy, she is 5 1/2 weeks now and already for a first pregnancy looks larger than a 7 pup litter to me. It was a surgical i...
Views: 398   Replies: 9
Last Post: Nov 29, 2011 12:25pm
by DebiR
EIC Swab not delivered?
I'm tracking my Registered Mail online with Canada Post to the US. It shows it is cleared through Customs back on Nov 14th - but there have been no updates from Canada Post. I check my tracking info on USPS and it shows it ready for shipment but has been like that si...
Views: 537   Replies: 11
Last Post: Nov 28, 2011 11:02pm
by Tina @ Tyric
Name of ?
What is it called when an old dog seem's dizzie and off balance. He does not have the head tilt, but walk's as if he is drunk. Thank You Kay
Views: 439   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 28, 2011 10:48pm
by Mixed experience...
puppy shot mishap
The puppy is just short of 12wks old, was giving him his third puppy shot, was injecting and he leaped forward causing some of the medication to run down his shoulder. Not sure how much he actually got in him, have a feeling most ran out, but I could be wrong. So the...
Views: 616   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 28, 2011 2:19pm
by Breeder 24
Oxygen in a can
I found this while I was shopping for some kind of oxygen to have at hand to resuscitate newborn puppies. Any experience with this oxygen in a can? http://www.oxygeninacan.com/?gclid=CIDgs5fc16wCFQ1X7AodLE3uqw Any ideas where I can get some small emergency tank of...
Views: 1236   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 28, 2011 8:10am
by Charlotte K.
j
Janice
Friends Helping Friends - Pridezion Fundraiser
Hi Everyone, Support has been great to date....THANK YOU!! We will collect donations through to Monday so if there is anyone still wanting to help out you can. Its amazing how as little as $20 goes a long way to help. Thanks again, the support has been amazing...
Views: 480   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 27, 2011 10:14pm
by Amanda Dearing
Pure Chocolate to Pure Yellow
If it's rare to get black puppies from chocolate to chocolate, what color are the puppies from pure chocolate to pure yellow?
Views: 1030   Replies: 38
Last Post: Nov 27, 2011 10:10pm
by Just Me Too
j
Janice
Friends Helping Friends - Donate to Pridezion Labradors
A paypal button has been set up if anyone would like to donate funds. It can be found at: www.madaboutlabs.com and then go to the STORE. Donations have already started to come in...amazing folks out there!!
Views: 1729   Replies: 41
Last Post: Nov 27, 2011 8:08pm
by Amanda Dearing
?
?
Fenugreek
Has anyone had any experience good or bad using Fenugreek for bringing in a girls milk? I have heard about seminar that talked about it and wondering if it works? Is there any side effects?
Views: 507   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 27, 2011 1:56pm
by Deb H.
Starting gruel
When first starting to feed gruel, how often do you present ot to the puppies? My three week olds got their first gruel last night and you would think they were starving. No problem recognizing what it was! Same today for a "lunch". I am letting them eat their fill e...
Views: 349   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 27, 2011 11:09am
by yup
Lab booth at NYC Meet the Breeds
Micki Beerman and Sarita Gellman, Leslie and others put lot of work into another wonderfully successful booth at the AKC Meet the Breeds this weekend. I couldn't even get near more than one corner of the booth, as I think all 40,000 spectators were coming in to talk,...
Views: 376   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 27, 2011 8:09am
by Alfredo Vallejo
With great pride!!
Being the first time I got a chance to post since this weekend.... With GREAT pride I am happy to announce our 5 year old yellow stud Agape Saint of Blue Heaven "Drew" has won 2 BOBs and a Sporting Group 3! He is not a CH as he was first put into the ring in July at...
Views: 600   Replies: 9
Last Post: Nov 25, 2011 11:48pm
by easy to miss
Shadowbrook's Turn Of The Century
It is with great sadness that I share the passing of our Shadowbrook's Turn Of The Century (Millennium). Millie was 14-1/2 years old and would be known by a few of the more seasoned breeders on the West coast as she was shown only a handful of times. Millie's o...
Views: 946   Replies: 22
Last Post: Nov 25, 2011 4:18pm
by Leslie/Gorsebroo...
GPS Navigation searched found 2007 info
Hi want to buy a system, as lost my truck that had built in Garmin that was wonderful. So many choices wonder what others have purchased and like thanks in advance.
Views: 354   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 25, 2011 10:36am
by Garmin
j
Janice
Hair parches missing
I have a chocolate girl who has something strange going on with her legs. There is a rectangular patch of hair missing on the outside of the bottom portion of her leg below the knee. I seen it happen to her once before. Its as if the hair was scraped off with a razo...
Views: 343   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 24, 2011 8:34pm
by Janice
Bitches heads
Do female heads grow until what age? Same as males?
Views: 586   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 24, 2011 1:45pm
by Kathy
re:Pridezion tragedy
It is soo sad what has happened To Tina and her family. A tragic fire happened last night and all of their dogs/puppies were lost. Please lend your support in any way you can...
Views: 1116   Replies: 10
Last Post: Nov 24, 2011 12:59am
by Amanda Dearing
Changes in AKC hunt test rules
The new hunt test rules have been posted. There are some changes that might be important to people on the list serve. Changes to the AKC hunt test rules are posted at http://www.akc.org/pdfs/events/hunti...ns_Nov2011.pdf Judge eligibility requirements effectiv...
Views: 341   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 23, 2011 2:51pm
by Peggy Stevens
Pridezion Labradors - Tina Powe
It has been my good fortune to get to know Tina these past few years, a kinder gentler person you could never meet. She loves her animals with her entire heart, she is just a wonderful giving person. I just spoke with her and she has asked that I post this for he...
Views: 1051   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 23, 2011 2:17pm
by Tari
Handling/Becoming a handler
I've really had a blast in the show ring thus far in just two outings with my boy, and while at Bare Bones I was asked to handle someone's dog in a practice run around the ring. It was fun handling a dog aside from my own and I got to thinking about possibly doin...
Views: 454   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 23, 2011 12:01pm
by Exhibitor
c
CM
Is Pano related to ACL rupture????
Thoughts pls??? Just had a call about a 11 month old male who's been diagnosed with an ACL rupture. This dog has a history of PANO (front leg). Owner asked if the two were related and to my knowledge they aren't but thought others may have more current info too....
Views: 463   Replies: 11
Last Post: Nov 22, 2011 9:21pm
by Elizabeth Bowron
Puppy vision
My puppy is 15 weeks old and still seems to have a problem looking down. She can climb up curbs, but is nervous about climbing down them. If a treat is thrown on the ground, she uses her nose rather than her eyes to locate it (although that is probably normal). Sh...
Views: 333   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 22, 2011 9:01pm
by Puppy owner
vacuum suggestions for light cleaning?
I have canister vacuum for my house. I want something easy to use to do light cleaning in the kitchen, etc. An inexpensive upright to use in between the more heavy duty cleanings. Any suggestions? plug in or cordless? brands? TIA!
Views: 257   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 22, 2011 3:45pm
by Linda
c
CM
Dogs of War reunited!
Luv this! http://video.msnbc.msn.com/nightly-news/45393963/#45393963
Views: 296   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 22, 2011 3:31pm
by Pete
CH Ridge View Bleu Bunny - Please Help
Hi All- The Labrador Quarterly has asked me to write a Centerfold Article for the Winter Bitch Issue about CH Ridge View Bleu Bunny. And she deserves it. Bunny was born in my hands and she went with me when I came out here to DC. Of course, I recall her immediate...
Views: 611   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 22, 2011 1:51pm
by Randy Kehrli
Happy Thanksgiving To All!!!!!
I wanted to start the week telling everyone to have a safe Holiday! Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving. W.T. Purkiser....... I wish everyone a Happy and Safe Thanksgiving with your families!!!
Views: 431   Replies: 12
Last Post: Nov 22, 2011 1:52pm
by Trudy
j
JO
LRC Nationals 2012
Looking for the dates for next year, have to plan my vacation days!
Views: 427   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 21, 2011 11:18pm
by Breeder
Best Liver Treats for Training?
I currently use the Stewarts freeze dried liver treats for training but they crumble and there seems to be alot of waste with them - meaning they break into non-usable crumbs. My dogs will do anything for the liver treats. Is there another type of liver treat that...
Views: 246   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 21, 2011 9:50pm
by A Reader
Hyundai Elantra Touring???
I am considering buying a good mileage car which I can drive to work (I live about 40 minutes from my office) and occasionally bring a dog. I am considering Hyundai because of the excellent warranties and reviews. But I am open to other options because I canno...
Views: 367   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 21, 2011 9:17pm
by Cathy Montgomery
Is Flagyl safe to use on an active stud?
Wondering if there is a negative impact on semen after being on Flagyl. Thanks!
Views: 175   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 21, 2011 3:45pm
by stud dog
p
Patty
Road Runner Pharmacy ?
Is anyone willing to share the approximate cost of the Ponazuril Suspension (2 day treatment for Coccidia) from Road Runner? Planning on talking with my Vet on Wednesday about getting some to have on hand for my next litter, and would like to have as much informat...
Views: 388   Replies: 10
Last Post: Nov 21, 2011 3:44pm
by Wendy C. Ernst, ...
When do you worm?
When do you worm puppies? Do you just as a matter of course deworm them, or look for signs? Litter in question is two weeks old Do you go through your vet or over the counter stuff? thanks
Views: 199   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 21, 2011 3:19pm
by Breeder
puppies & baby sitting
How do breeders not get stressed out when babysitting grandchildren & having puppies at the same time. I am at a point when I will have to place my dogs because I cannot handle babysitting grand children on a frequent basis & deal with the dogs.
Views: 420   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 21, 2011 2:55pm
by breeder/grandma
Sryacuse dog shows
any news of the winners from the show Thursday - Saturday please.....good luck for Sunday
Views: 343   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 21, 2011 1:43pm
by Linda@Staghorn
2012 Potomac Specialty Class Sponsorship
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone, With Thanksgiving next week and the holidays right around the corner, I know everyone is busy with their holiday preparations. However, with the cold weather slowly encroaching, I can’t help but let my mind wander to Spring, a...
Views: 428   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 21, 2011 1:26pm
by Dr member
meat tenderizer to defer poop eating
I have been asked the effect of meat tenderizer on a pregnant girl. Since I have never used it ... I thought I'd ask.
Views: 355   Replies: 9
Last Post: Nov 21, 2011 12:31pm
by I wouldn't use i...
a
a fan
Thank you
You never know what you have until its gone. I appreciate this forum and thank Jill and Micheal for unlocking it.
Views: 652   Replies: 8
Last Post: Nov 21, 2011 12:25pm
by NuB2
k
Kay
Herb for seizure's
I am looking for an herb or something to give a seizureing lab that is almost 14 years old that has a diagnosis of cancer just 4 weeks ago, the seizure's have to be conected to the cancer tumor that is on his temple. The seizure's are small and very quick, he is not...
Views: 346   Replies: 8
Last Post: Nov 21, 2011 12:15pm
by Kathy
Pawcatuck Critiques
Does anyone have any idea when they are expected to be posted?
Views: 262   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 20, 2011 10:52pm
by Breeder
j
Joy
Flea Shampoo on a pregnant girl in her last week vs Frontline
I've sometimes used Frontline on my pregnant girls if we are in flea season. I have always been hesitant to use Frontline on my pregnant girls even though it says on the box it is safe. I want to get rid of any fleas on her by the time her pups are born in a week...
Views: 294   Replies: 11
Last Post: Nov 20, 2011 7:52pm
by Joy
Chocolate to Chocolate
I was viewing various websites. I found a breeding chocolate to chocolate, blacks and chocolate puppies? My understanding is chocolate to chocolate produces all chocolate unless both carry yellow which would then produce both yellow and chocolate. Am I wrong?...
Views: 905   Replies: 28
Last Post: Nov 20, 2011 5:14pm
by Breeder for year...
2011 LRCP Bare Bones Candid Photos Available
2011 LRCP Bare Bones candid shots by the fabulous Aarone Durocher are available for viewing and purchase by visiting the link below. Once again, Aarone knocked it out of the park!! :) http://adurocher.zenfolio.com/barebonescandid2011 Enjoy! Kim Stahl
Views: 334   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 20, 2011 4:50pm
by Aarone Durocher
Dalwater Bella Sera
Bella, who was bred and owned by myself and Lisa Allen, was put to sleep this morning after liver cancer which presumably spread to the brain. We all know there are those "special" ones, and Bella was one of them, along with her mother, Fiona. Bella started out lif...
Views: 683   Replies: 10
Last Post: Nov 20, 2011 2:27pm
by Greg Lynch - Kel...
Little growls to kennel mates from pregnant mom
Hi Everyone, so glad forum is open again as I need advice. I have little 3 girl kennel. One girl is hopefully in the early stages of pregnancy. She currently gets the role of house dog as they rotate inside. The other two go out into a play yard for a few hours ev...
Views: 370   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 20, 2011 8:24am
by Linda@Staghorn
e
Emily
Worming
Dosage of Panacur for dogs? Thanks in advance.
Views: 355   Replies: 8
Last Post: Nov 19, 2011 5:13pm
by Been there
a
anon
Dewormers and pregnant bitch
Is it safe to deworm a pregnant bitch in last couple weeks of her pregnancy with pyrantel?
Views: 276   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 19, 2011 5:12pm
by Been there
SSLLRC photos
Was wondering if anyone has received their SSLLRC photos as yet? Thanks.
Views: 221   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 19, 2011 4:09pm
by anonbreeder
Still bleeding 8 days post whelp
At what point would you become concerned with a bitch that has red bloody discharge 8 days after whelping? Not a heavy flow, but fresh red blood. No fever.
Views: 305   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 19, 2011 8:05am
by Breeder
b
byc
earthborn primitive natural
I found a post back in Jan on Earthborn Holistic. But I wondered if there were any more comments since then... On feeding Earthborn Holistic, EH Grain Free, or EH Primitive Natural in particular? I'm thinking of feeding the Primitive Natural Formula but any in...
Views: 213   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 18, 2011 8:37pm
by byc
HDLRC
Looks like it will be pouring rain and very cold both days! Bummer....
Views: 568   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 18, 2011 4:02pm
by Wasn't there
Should I supplement?
I have a litter of two week old pups. All are gaining weight, some more than others. All had doubled their weight by 10 days old. However, the range in weights is getting larger each day. Some pups are gaining just 1- 1 1/2 oz per day, and others 3-4 oz per day. T...
Views: 498   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 18, 2011 9:19am
by Wondering
Results from Fitchburg, MA
Just wanted to say big Congrats to Robin Magee for going WB/BOW/BOS with her girl Wilcare Chaos @ Windy Ridge. Go Rock Star Go!! Also Congrats to Sue Willumsen for going BOB with Walter, GCH Wilcare to Fly Under the Radar!! Wish I was up there to see it!! Co...
Views: 442   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 17, 2011 9:38pm
by MRousseau
Re: EIC round and round Far Worse Things
All of this talk about EIC is unbelievable. You'd thihk this was going to be the downfall of our breed. There are far worse things that effect our breed, real problems that only get a fraction of the posts on this forum. Epilespy and tvd seem to generate little i...
Views: 724   Replies: 8
Last Post: Nov 17, 2011 9:29pm
by Jane
200 series crate vs 300 for shipping 9 week
I have been shipping puppies for about 12 years, but now I am concerned about the crate size. This is our first puppy to be shipped in 2 years, and I know things change. I typically ship a puppy 9 weeks of age in a 200 series crate ( 27 L x 19 H x 20w) But...
Views: 220   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 14, 2011 12:38pm
by Jan@Dunrobin
Do It yourself assistance dog
Has anyone had experience training their own dog to act as an assistance dog (help with balance, pick things up, turn on lights, open/close drawers, doors)? Would it be better to have a professional trainer train the dogs?If so, what organizations do this? My two dog...
Views: 447   Replies: 8
Last Post: Nov 14, 2011 8:59am
by Trainer
Age Male Heads Stop Growing
Looking for insight as to what age the Labrador Male Head will stop maturing. First time Male owner and I'm not sure if they mature at the same rate as a female.
Views: 500   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 13, 2011 7:56pm
by b & g heads
Target $4 scripts alphabetically
http://sites.target.com/site/en/spot/page.jsp?title=petrx_dog_medications_by_alpha I found a few that I was surprised were included. I'm sure many of you already know about it, for those that don't I posted the link to view it alphabetically. Red starred...
Views: 411   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 13, 2011 6:40pm
by Mary S
Source for Royal Canin Maxi Starter
Am considering putting my puppies on Royal Canin Maxi Starter. Do any of the chain pet stores carry this or are they able to special order it? If I can't get it locally, can anyone recommend reputable online sources? Thanks
Views: 390   Replies: 11
Last Post: Nov 13, 2011 6:27pm
by x
underweight bitch update
ok - so I went over all her blood work and urine results again and thought to push the vet to check a urine culture. She never pees in the house or anything, is top bitch in the house so pees on everyone else's pee all the time. Culture came back with a subclinic...
Views: 356   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 12, 2011 2:52pm
by happy4u
Desperately seeking advise!!!!
Hello all, I have had several readers asking for an update on the seizure puppy. We have named him "Canyon", but my son calls him "Sugar Pups". Gotta love a 4 year old! Canyon will be 7 weeks old on Sunday. We have not had a seizure since October 15th. Please pray...
Views: 725   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 11, 2011 11:01pm
by Desperate Pup!!!...
Kudos to David Sombach Photography
I would like to say after reviewing the proofs tonight from the National and "No Bells No Whistles" specialities.. that I am VERY happy with how the photos turned out. And with that, I would like to give a huge kudos to Mr Sombach, and to the team who brought him...
Views: 632   Replies: 12
Last Post: Nov 11, 2011 9:20pm
by Exhibitor
whose is faster right now DDC or UM for EIC?
testing a litter of pups and need results back as soon as possible, who is running faster right now?
Views: 369   Replies: 10
Last Post: Nov 11, 2011 7:29pm
by Hildur@Draumalan...
j
Jane
EIC and stud dog owners
Would you, as a stud dog owner use your EIC carrier stud dog over an untested girl. This was a question put to me and my answer was a definite NO, but than I got to thinking, would others do so, bearing in mind the untested girl has a 50/50 chance of being a carrier...
Views: 1481   Replies: 65
Last Post: Nov 11, 2011 12:39pm
by Mathlete
l
labs
swabs for DNA, myth or facts?
I have been told you can not swab a puppy unless you pull from mother for three days to avoid milk contamination. I have been pulling blood samples for optigen on 4 week old pups because I did not want to wean early. DDC says this is a myth and milk can not aff...
Views: 393   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 11, 2011 10:45am
by Oldtimer
Food Regurgitation?
I have a 7-week old boy who occasionally regurgitates a meal. Not every time, but once in a while. He seems to gulp down a meal, only to have it regurgitated, which he eats and is then fine. I have tried separating him from the rest of the litter in the hopes that...
Views: 345   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 11, 2011 10:42am
by Charlotte K.
NLR (well maybe it is) - ATTN Pennsylvanians, expansion of hunting to include Sundays!
Could certainly be Labrador related if you enjoy getting out in the great outdoors with your best pal for a hike in the woods or open fields on a Sunday! Please contact your legislator with your feelings about expanding hunting to include Sundays! All the info he...
Views: 220   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 11, 2011 8:26am
by valwhalen
2011 SSLLRC Marked Catalog
Spirit of St Louis Labrador Retriever Club 11/5/11 - 11/6/11 Puppy Sweepstakes Puppy Sweeps, 6 Months and Under 9 Months, Dogs Saturday Ring: 0 Judge: Tori Jackson Sunday Ring: 0 Judge: Keri Schooler (Copperstill) Sat__4__ CHICAGO'S RULER OF THE NIGHT. SR6741870...
Views: 1104   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 10, 2011 11:47pm
by Patty Wilcox
any crates lab size that are 23 inches or less wide
Found a nice truck but the 24 inch wide fold down crate won't fit. Thanks in advance
Views: 400   Replies: 9
Last Post: Nov 10, 2011 8:17pm
by Cindy Schaeffer
behavior question...Reaction of adult male to newborn pup
I have a brother/sister in my home. The female just had pups 4 days ago.The male is a gentle giant kind of dog, He is the sweetest dog on earth, not an aggressive bone in his body. His sister rules the roost, he knows that, and as far as I am concerned is happy in th...
Views: 825   Replies: 23
Last Post: Nov 10, 2011 7:47pm
by labbies
Microscopes...what do you use for semen analysis?
In the market for my Christmas gift to myself...a good quality but nicely priced compound microscope. What do you all use to view semen for quality and motility, and how do you like it? I know the specs that I would like, just not sure what brands are reliable and...
Views: 246   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 10, 2011 7:27pm
by Julie Oghigian
LRC
Did anyone get any pcitures back for the Nationals Yet?
Views: 477   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 10, 2011 4:17pm
by specialty
Girl in whelp meds ears.
My stud dog was used a while back and the lady called and said yes, in whelp, but the Dr. put her on Cephalexin for her ears and a cream Miconazole. Is that all safe ? She would be about 28 days alone. Please let me know.
Views: 283   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 10, 2011 1:43pm
by El
how long does puppy mush stay in the fridge?
I am planning to be away for a few days and those left at home are in charge of canines, equines, felines and pupines! I wanted to make the puppies easy and was going to make up the 2 days of mush to leave in the fridge so that no one has to worry about mixing, so...
Views: 1885   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 10, 2011 12:20pm
by Sheila Fruge'
Worried about puppy buyer...please help
I have been contacted by a nice lady who wants a puppy but lives in an apartment. She needs to have several forms filled out by my vet and seems in a very emotional time of her life. She lives in Palo Alto, Ca. I feel sorry for her but do have some concerns. She t...
Views: 951   Replies: 11
Last Post: Nov 10, 2011 1:07am
by bdr
n
Breeder Listings
I am a fairly new breeder and I have a new website that I would like to advertise. I know this forum owner lists breeders, but can anyone suggest additional places to list my site?
Views: 618   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 9, 2011 3:53pm
by Hildur@Draumalan...
Is there a need to worry about Elk/Moose antlers transmitting brucellosis to our dogs?
Hi All For the last year or so, you know antlers/horns have been the big rage at all the shows and in some of the dog catalogs. I almost bought some at the last show and then thought to myself - wait - mostly I had spent my wad -but I also had a concern - Bruc...
Views: 382   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 9, 2011 12:50pm
by Joanne
Lepto
How many of you vaccinate for Lepto? With the recent cases in Michigan I have been thinking about it more. I have not in the past and don't live near Michigan. I truly believe that over vaccinating can contribute to health issues in our dogs so I vaccinate enough...
Views: 484   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 9, 2011 12:00pm
by windycanyon
e
El
Mid J Pictures
Has anyone received their pictures from the Mid J Specialty? I have not and wonder if there is a problem.
Views: 411   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 9, 2011 11:39am
by El
brand of extenders - what do you like?
I have been using Chill 5 but I wondered if I might get opinions on other brands and how people have done with them? TIA!
Views: 537   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 8, 2011 7:26pm
by Breeder
SUV's that fit dog crates
I am looking into buying a new car, a SUV that gets decent gas mileage. My everyday car doubles as a dog car so I need to be able to fit just one crate in it. What does everyone have for cars that they can fit their dogs in?? TIA
Views: 2230   Replies: 21
Last Post: Nov 8, 2011 6:36pm
by Winterglen
p
Patty
breeder judges/supported enteries on east coast
I see from the speciality show listings that there are no more until the end of January. I missed the closing for RDLRC. Can anyone suggest any all breed shows that might have supported enteries on the east coast?
Views: 623   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 8, 2011 5:38pm
by Breeder
Wireless fencing
I did a search using "wireless fence" and "wireless fencing" on this forum and didn't find any discussions on this topic, although I'm pretty sure I've seen some in the past... My boss is looking for a portable wireless fence system to use at their winter vacation...
Views: 373   Replies: 14
Last Post: Nov 8, 2011 3:54pm
by Kate Fulkerson, ...
d
DebiR
When to do a Progesterone Test
My bitch came into season finally. Today is the first day that I seen blood spots. So from doing frozen breedings the past few times I was told to count 8 days from the day I seen the first spot of blood then do a progesterone test and go from there. This is her firs...
Views: 313   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 8, 2011 1:26pm
by DebiR
Not a lab but is cute! Spaniel gets tot to stop crying
http://www.aol.com/video/no-more-tears--110411/517194738/?icid=maing-grid7|main5|video-module|sec3_lnk4|110615
Views: 246   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 8, 2011 12:26pm
by NewbieABC
Van Questions - Nissan & Ford Transit
Thought these vehicles would be a nice lab van, does anyone have experience with them? http://www.nissancommercialvehicles.com/NV/photos http://www.edmunds.com/ford/transit-connect/2012/?sub=minivan Ford Transit connect minivan?? Thanks for your help!
Views: 457   Replies: 13
Last Post: Nov 8, 2011 11:44am
by Peggy Stevens
ticks with frontline
Is anyone else still pulling ticks off after a Frontline application? I pulled two off the 25th of last month-thinking it was due to a new application being due shortly I re-applied on the 28th, a few days early as I was so concerned. Last night I pulled another on...
Views: 484   Replies: 13
Last Post: Nov 7, 2011 6:38am
by ticks...ugh
St. Louis Day 2
BOB: GCh. Big Sky's Heaven Scent From Trinity BOS/WB/Best Bred-By: New Ch Ania's Lakota BOW/WD: Wit's End Poker Face At Tremont Select Dog: I'm pretty sure it was Ch. Borador's I Spy Agent Howard Select Bitch: Ch. Markei Anfield Under Study JAMs: Ch. Inselheim B...
Views: 633   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 6, 2011 7:30pm
by Patty Streufert
Nationals 2011
Every successful dog show takes committed volunteers. The National is no exception. Did you know it took over 70 volunteers to put together and run the Nationals ? Given the fact that none of them are professional event planners there were an amazing amount of succes...
Views: 838   Replies: 9
Last Post: Nov 6, 2011 6:31pm
by Hmmm
n
Neala
Vet Shopping- White Lake, MI.
I am looking for a good Vet with-in 20 miles of the White Lake MI area, and would welcome any suggestions to my private email:) Thank you!
Views: 182   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 6, 2011 2:07pm
by Neala
Aspirin for dogs?
A friend called last night and asked if she could give her dog aspirin for pain. Said her girl (yellow lab) had some biopsies performed yesterday, though none on her legs and now she won't get up to potty or eat. I think I have heard that buffered aspirin or baby asp...
Views: 443   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 6, 2011 12:39pm
by Julie Oghigian
Need help finding someone!
Does anyone have any contact info for Kathie and Larry Reider? Owners of CH Topform's Edward MH? Thanks for any help! Private emails fine! Sue Puff
Views: 780   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 6, 2011 11:15am
by suepuff
Marie Sahloff
To let interested parties know, Marie Sahloff, Bill Sahloff's wife and Gretchen Conradt's mom passes away yesterday after a shor battle with cancer. Altho, she did not travel to the shows much with Bill, she was there keeping the home fires burning. A Grand lady!...
Views: 432   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 6, 2011 8:09am
by Sadie Moore
Chesapeake Kennel Club of Maryland
The Maryland Turkey Cluster at Howard County Fairgrounds, West Friendship , MD. 4 days of indoor shows. The Labrador Retriever Club of Potomac is proud to support The Chesapeake Kennel Club of Maryland show on Saturday, November 26, 2011, with Breeder Judge Elizabe...
Views: 564   Replies: 11
Last Post: Nov 5, 2011 10:15pm
by Good Answer
Results from St. Louis Day1??
Anybody know the results. If so, please post. Thanks
Views: 311   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 5, 2011 10:13pm
by Breeder
infected webbing in the foot
I have a dog who has an issue with the web area of her foot becoming infected. This happens 2-3 times a year, it's not seasonal and there are no thorns etc in the foot. It has happened on both front feet and lancing with a course of antibiotics clears it up. Our v...
Views: 503   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 5, 2011 8:52pm
by footing
Full Results Mid-Jersey LRC?
Any one know where to find the full results for the October Mid-Jersey LRC shows?
Views: 468   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 5, 2011 7:10pm
by Exhbitor
h
Heart
SAS
Sub-aortic stenosis(SAS) What do we know about this heart ailment in labradors? As to is it more prevalent possibly than we think? The newfoundland deals with it quite readily. One parent would have to be affected for an offspring to be so. With SAS do you f...
Views: 428   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 5, 2011 12:58pm
by Julia,Lochbuie L...
n
Nicole
Pomadors??????
Please tell me this a joke?? I saw this on a web page mentioned earlier today in another post. I'm hoping this is an April Fool's joke that someone forgot to take down. Labs and Poms...how horrible! Pomadors
Views: 1097   Replies: 21
Last Post: Nov 5, 2011 8:51am
by me
How many do you see??
I hope the image translates o.k. You may need to enlarge it. How many puppies???
Views: 981   Replies: 26
Last Post: Nov 5, 2011 12:50am
by Curious-
Eukanuba National Championship
Just wondering if any one is going to the Eukanuba championship, scheduled one week before x-mas!
Views: 673   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 4, 2011 5:18pm
by Debbie Mueller
What to do with....
unused powdered colostrum? I bought some before the pups were born, "just in case" something really bad happened. Happily of course it did not. So I have an unopened bag of "Immune Milk" by Thomas Laboratories. I have no idea whether it would have been beneficial...
Views: 467   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 4, 2011 3:45pm
by Laurel
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Free Forum powered by Bravenet