Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
e
Eva
Progesterone test equipment
I have heard of progesterone test equipments many years ago, that is possible to buy and have at home. And where you can do everything yourself (including drawing blood and analyze the prog level)without sending the blood sample away to a laboratory somewhere. Are t...
Views: 490   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 23, 2011 7:52pm
by doggies
Deformed puppy, rescued from trash, learns to walk
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44617504/ns/today-good_news/ Happy ending!
Views: 551   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 23, 2011 7:39pm
by Chance
l
Laurel
CTS In The Ribbons: Labrador Retriever DVD - Can you recommend it?
Has anyone watched this DVD? Was it useful? Wondering if it provides good information about presenting labs in the show ring, or not.
Views: 243   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 23, 2011 6:15pm
by Laurel
Carpet peeing
How can I stop my crew from wanting to pee on the new carpet? They are all house trained but they seem to be drawn to the new carpet that was installed today and as soon as I let them in tonight a big pee on the new carpet. What can I do??? Please.....lol
Views: 277   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 23, 2011 4:38pm
by anon brdr
Anyone around who can help?
my 16 month old just started her heat cycle a week ago. Tonight when I got home from work the DH said she was very restless and wanted to go out often the 3 hours I was at work. While I was eating dinner she had an accident in her crate... I took her temp and it is...
Views: 565   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 23, 2011 1:19pm
by Breeder 24
New AAHA 2011 Vaccination Guidelines
For those who are interested, the new 2011 vaccination guidelines for dogs--released on Thursday--are available to the public for download. https://www.aahanet.org/PublicDocuments/CanineVaccineGuidelines.pdf I put a clickable link in the Website link below. P...
Views: 514   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 23, 2011 9:52am
by Charlotte K.
SR Snowden Hill's Bear Mountain CD JH RN
I am saddened to announce the passing of a most noble Labrador Retriever. Many of you may remember Nancy Boyle's Bear from the Parade of Titleholders a few years ago at Potomac. He was blind then, but positively elated to have received such applause! Nancy wro...
Views: 619   Replies: 14
Last Post: Sep 23, 2011 8:04am
by Breeder
Huron River LRC Judging Program - AVAILABLE HERE
The following is the Huron River LRC Judging Program for Friday, September 30TH. Ring #13 8:30 a.m. Sweepstakes - Judge: Ms. Kim Jacobson (62 dogs) 6-9 Mo. Puppy Dogs 5 9-12 Mo. Puppy Dogs 5 12-15 Mo. Dogs 7 12-18 Mo. Dogs 5 6-9 Mo.Puppy Bitches 9 9-12...
Views: 250   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 22, 2011 6:30pm
by Michelle@infinit...
Weighing puppies
We have 4 day old puppies at home. How in the world do you keep the little wiggleworms in the scale tray when you weigh them? Good grief! They move around so much that I have to hold on to the tray (which affects the results). I have learned not to let them feel m...
Views: 413   Replies: 18
Last Post: Sep 22, 2011 4:34pm
by Exactly!
How early...
... can you tell or see if a puppy has a bad tailset? Is it as soon as the puppy gets up on all four and starts moving around or earlier/later? TIA
Views: 444   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 22, 2011 1:53pm
by Tailset
Views: 267   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 22, 2011 11:08am
by Breeder
GOLDEN GATE LRC SPECIALTIES OCTOBER 21 & 22
Come spend 5 beautiful days in northern California and share in Labrador comradery. Superintendent: MB-F. Entries close: Wed, Sept 28. Thursday, Oct 20 Skyline DF of San Mateo County/GGLRC supported entry. Judge: Mrs Beth Speich. Friday,...
Views: 250   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 22, 2011 10:35am
by Terri Herigstad
How many pups consitutes a litter?
Just curious as to what most stud dog owners guarantee number wise for a litter.
Views: 759   Replies: 22
Last Post: Sep 22, 2011 2:25am
by NHL
National Judging Program
http://www.raudogshows.com/pdfs/judging-programs/LRCJP2011.pdf
Views: 251   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 21, 2011 7:12pm
by Breeder
huron river judging program?
show is a week away anyone have a judging program or a link to show you where to look?
Views: 308   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 21, 2011 6:04pm
by Michelle@infinit...
l
Linda
Tylan
What do you mix tylan with, and how much to give a 4 month old pup? Thank you
Views: 406   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 21, 2011 1:34pm
by Breeder 2012
Looking for thread
I am looking for the thread that had a discussion on body structure. It also had pictures that were altered. I cannot find it, if the OP of that thread can direct me that would be most helpful. Thanks
Views: 344   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 21, 2011 12:49pm
by NewbieABC
l
LRT
Hips and breeder ethics
If a breeder repeats a litter with the pups being a year apart, what obligation does that beeder have to let the second litter puppy buyers know that several pups in the first litter didn't pass OFA's.
Views: 1035   Replies: 25
Last Post: Sep 21, 2011 10:14am
by Annette P.
Being open about issues with our lines.
At the risk of some trolls coming out of the closet, I am going to start this thread anyway, because I find it disturbing and would like to read what honest/ genuine/ quality breeders think and feel about it. Because we mostly read, see and hear about the success...
Views: 1653   Replies: 59
Last Post: Sep 21, 2011 7:47am
by Refreshed
p
pp
age-related incontinent dog
my old boy is 13 years, he has had incontinent issues for past year while asleep, but lately he is dribbling as he walks as well. Is there any herbal supplements that can help him out?
Views: 325   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 20, 2011 7:05pm
by pp
Rooms for the National
I just got off the phone with Dee at the Cedar Park in North Stonington. They have available rooms during the week of the National and are dog friendly! They are about 20-25 minutes from the show site. If you are still looking for a room call and ask for Dee. Ceda...
Views: 312   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 20, 2011 5:35pm
by regrets
Annual ALL-BREED Health Clinic
It's that time again. Mid-Jersey LRC is sponsoring the annual all-breed health clinic in Red Bank, NJ on Nov. 6, 2011 see website link to see/print the flyer. Eyes: Dr. Michael Ringle - $32.00 Heart: Dr. Carl Sammarco - $42.00 (auscultation) Microchip : Home Aga...
Views: 280   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 20, 2011 2:41pm
by sarita
s
Sue
HOOSIER LABRADOR RETRIEVER CLUB WORKING CERT TEST OCT 08*reminder
HLRC LABRADOR WORKING CERTIFICATE TEST Saturday, October 8 · 9:00am - 7:00pm Mail in Entries close September 28, 2011 CASS COUNTY IZAAK WALTON LEAGUE 1046 N. S.R. 17 LOGANSPORT,INDIANA 46947 WC Judge : Chris Cornelius ,Marsh-Mutt Manor Labradors Entrie...
Views: 214   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 20, 2011 2:02pm
by Sue
Barebones 2011 Catalog Ads
Anyone interested in placing an ad in the catalog for the LRCP's 2011 Barebones Specialty should submit their ads to me before Oct 1st. If you need additional details, please do not hesitate to contact me! Sharlene brookhavenlabradors@verizon.net
Views: 175   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 20, 2011 2:00pm
by Sharlene
BELUSHI
What a thrill for Katy Bazurto! Her boy CH Gingerbred Party Animal "BELUSHI" earned a Group 1 and a Group 3 this weekend in Reno. This was after 2 GCH 5 wins the same days. Belushi is 10 months old - earned his CH at 7.5 months! AND he is getting recognition in t...
Views: 915   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 19, 2011 11:21pm
by Katy Bazurto
LRC of Greater Denver Judging Program
The judging program for the LRCGD Specialty is posted on the Club website: http://www.kellyn.com/lrcgd/2011judgpr.pdf Number are down a bit, but we somehow managed to not lose as many as some other clubs, and for that we are grateful. We look forward to seeing...
Views: 273   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 19, 2011 10:39pm
by Greg Lynch - Kel...
e
Emily
Worming
Please, whats the ratio, fenbendazole for dogs. Is it 1cc for every 5 lbs.? Thank you.
Views: 286   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 19, 2011 9:29pm
by Linda Curpier
s
Sue
first heat
What age do most females come in season? I have a 13 month old that is still has not come in. She is a smaller female don't know if that makes a difference?
Views: 410   Replies: 10
Last Post: Sep 19, 2011 4:46pm
by Lab Breeder
Mid-Jersey Labrador Retriever Club Specialty - October 20th and 21st
Days Inn, 1260 US Route 22 East, Bridgewater, NJ 08807 908-526-9500 Entries close October 5 with Jim Rau Dog shows The judges for the Mid-Jersey Specialty Show which will be held October 20th and 21st are Thursday, October 20th Jo Fleming, Blackwater - I...
Views: 303   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 19, 2011 3:30pm
by Shirley Ciprian
Hunting Retriever Tests
Entries close THIS Wed.,Sept. 21st,at 12:01 CDT for Hunting retriever tests.
Views: 225   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 19, 2011 1:50pm
by 2011 LRC Nationa...
Boarding Problems Vacs and Intact
Any ideas where I can board 4 adult Labs in the Orange County CA area for a few days here and there? I have been calling all around and either they won’t take intact dogs, male or female or because I give my own vaccinations they won’t take them either,...
Views: 407   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 19, 2011 12:07pm
by MWK
Looking for EIC info
I am looking for some good well presented info on EIC. My bitch is a carrier, and the stud is clear. While I am sure most of my puppy buyers are not even aware of EIC, I would like to have some documentation to give them on what EIC is, what the 'status' of the pupp...
Views: 596   Replies: 17
Last Post: Sep 19, 2011 10:47am
by Looking for info
LRCP Bare Bones Catalog Advertising
Hi folks, There's still time to get your ads in before the deadline and catalog advertising is a great way to showcase your new Champion, your beloved Senior, or simply to welcome all the Bare Bones exhibitors to this fabulous show.  Send ad copy to: Shar...
Views: 189   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 19, 2011 10:35am
by Show Chairs
Re: Pawcatuck numbers?
pawcatuck is next week but havent heard anything about this show - what are the numbers? TIA
Views: 325   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 18, 2011 7:29pm
by Exhibitor in the...
4 Month old not beating Coccidia
I am boarding one of my girls' pups. Unfortunately, they all went home at 8 weeks on Albon. I thought all were well, but this pup had loose stools when she arrived. I put her on Albon right away, got a stool sample (before starting meds) and within a day stools start...
Views: 667   Replies: 15
Last Post: Sep 18, 2011 6:36pm
by my experience
hemostats
where is the best place to get surgical grade hemostats? I have seen some reviews on some that are not surgical grade, and I want some good ones. Mine are old, and I need a new set. I want stainless steel-not the cheap colored ones. I have a pair of them, and the...
Views: 325   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 18, 2011 12:31pm
by 30 yrs sx litera...
Age and height table?
Possibly there is a general growth table? If anyone has any insight of how big a boy should be at 12 months, examples of how much they can grow and how old they are when they actually stop growing I would really value the information. Thank you very much!
Views: 443   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 18, 2011 11:53am
by Hildur@Draumalan...
Mac vs PC
Those of you that have run PC's and switched to Mac computers, how did that go? Would you recommend it? I do alot of artsy graphics and photos.
Views: 328   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 18, 2011 6:51am
by Best of Both
SMLRC Numbers?
When will the breed counts for SMLRC be posted?
Views: 411   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 17, 2011 9:31pm
by SMS
RIMADYL
Using Rimadyl as a daily pain medication for OCD? Little concerned with this, other options.
Views: 478   Replies: 13
Last Post: Sep 17, 2011 3:45pm
by Breeder too
r
RH
e-collar dilemma
I am going to purchase a new e-collar and would like input. I am trying to decide which collar you all like in regards to ease of use and durability. I currently have a sportdog and hate it. Going to get a tritronics g3. Any big differences between the sport combo ex...
Views: 392   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 17, 2011 7:50am
by JRH
National hotel space !
A few people have recently opted to join the "Lab RV park" at the show site and have given up their rooms at the host hotel. So if your still trying to find space please call them at 860-779-3200.
Views: 345   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 16, 2011 7:12pm
by ?
Linda Oldham Obituary
The below obituary will appear in the Poughkeepsie Journal (www.poughkeepsiejournal.com) as well as The Journal News (www.lohud.com) Wednesday - Friday. **************************************************************************** Linda H. Oldham O...
Views: 686   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 16, 2011 1:03pm
by Sherry L. Anders...
feeding puppy w/hock ocd
my 8mo old male puppy was diagnosed w/double hock OCD. Have read that he needs a dog food low in calcium and phosphorus. Presently feeding Solid Gold beef/barley. Would like any ideas from owners with dogs with OCD on what they feed and any supplements taken.
Views: 348   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 16, 2011 12:27pm
by me
Placing dogs
I have a young adult that did not pass a clearance. I understand that the usual protocol as a breeder is to place them in a pet home. This is the problem, I am having a hard time letting go and actually placing the dog. I have placed others before and it was not this...
Views: 962   Replies: 24
Last Post: Sep 16, 2011 11:55am
by Breeder 44
m
me
What's the deal with Advanced Labrador Breeding
Quick question, why is this book so hard to get? I bought a copy (the newer edition) from Amazon probably in 2006. Was it only rereleased in limited edition? Of course I haven't tried to find a copy since I have one. Honest question. Or are folks trying for...
Views: 445   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 16, 2011 11:52am
by me
CERF & CARDIOLOGY CLINIC 9/25/11
The CKCSC of Greater Chicago will host their annual CERF & Cardiology Clinics 9/25/11 OPEN TO ALL BREEDS in Johnsburg, IL (near McHenry). CERF - Dr Ralph Hamor ACVO University of IL Cardio - Dr Michael Leuthy Board Cert. Cost is $35 per dog per clinic. Fo...
Views: 276   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 16, 2011 11:39am
by Leslee Pope
How to put on a lead?
Trying to remember the proper way of putting on a show lead. Does the dog wear it with the P-shape loop facing the handler or the loop facing the other direction?
Views: 398   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 15, 2011 11:06pm
by I'll give it a t...
To Durrell Smith:
Hello, It's good that you are coming to breeders to find a dog for placement, but it seems by your multiple posts that you aren't getting much of a response. In my opinion you are going about it in the wrong way. In every case when I have placed a dog it is b...
Views: 855   Replies: 15
Last Post: Sep 15, 2011 7:39pm
by more help
NDR but amazingly uplifting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W86jlvrG54o&NR=1
Views: 384   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 15, 2011 7:21pm
by Mary S
m
MJLRC
MJLRC rooms
Hi. Does anyone know if MJLRC reserved a block of rooms for exhibitors and if so is there a special room rate or discount code?
Views: 322   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 15, 2011 5:52pm
by Another xhib
Advanced Labrador Breeding
It's really me - Joan. I am running another garage sale to benefit epilepsy research at the Mid-Jersey Specialty in October. I got a copy of "Advanced Labrador Breeding" by Mary Roslyn Williams. It is in MINT condition. If you bring something(s) for the...
Views: 469   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 15, 2011 1:33pm
by Joan
Question about limping
Hey all. I've been in Labs a while and although I have gleaned a wealth of knowledge, I have come across something recently that put a big question mark over my head. Scenario: One of my 4 month old puppies began to limp on her left front. She limped for...
Views: 452   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 15, 2011 9:23am
by breeder15
Helpppp!
i didnt realize i had to do my online entries for the national by 12 today, and now i dont know how i should get them to them?? help pleassse!
Views: 803   Replies: 12
Last Post: Sep 15, 2011 8:52am
by BDR
Placing a Young Adult
Would you place a 2 year old adult with a couple in their 70's? Can you please explain in some detail why you would or would not. TIA I remember reading on here once how a breeder placed a dog and the person became ill or passed away and the family did not offer t...
Views: 781   Replies: 18
Last Post: Sep 15, 2011 8:00am
by Durrell Smith
Duplicate entries !!!!!!
*****PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ************* CHECK YOUR ENTRIES !! There are separate entry forms for The National and No Bells No Whistles !!!! Some have sent in duplicate entries thinking they were entering the National and Friday's show but entered the same show twi...
Views: 463   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 14, 2011 9:46pm
by Blond & blue
PRLRC Big Green Truck Pizza Dinner
There is still a little time to get a spot for the Big Green Truck Pizza that will be at the PRLRC Specialty on Thursday night, September 22. The Big Green Truck is a restored antique International Harvester truck that has been adapted with a wood-fired pizza oven i...
Views: 333   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 14, 2011 6:10pm
by Melody Losea
State Baskey Raffle
Here i am again, LOL!! So for all of you who have agreed to make a state basket, the national is drawing closer and closer!! I have already gotten a couple thru the mail. For those Canadian Folks, you can mail it to me as well if your not coming. If you want to b...
Views: 271   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 14, 2011 2:47pm
by Jen Leitao
REMINDER: Huron River LRC - Entries Close on Wednesday 9/14
Visit Specialty Dog Shows to enter online. www.specialtydogshows.com
Views: 212   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 14, 2011 2:09pm
by nicole
k
Kate
Wrong number on Potomac site
Just a heads up. The number posted for room reservations at the host hotel is incorrect. It's the number of a gutter company, and I suspect they're not happy to be getting so many wrong number calls. The correct number is 301-694-7500.
Views: 397   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 14, 2011 1:47pm
by Breeder
CERF Clinic with Dr. Rubin: October 30th near Philadelphia
Clinic is open to all breeds. Please see appointment information below. Times will fill up quickly! Date: Sunday, October 30th Location: The Sudsy Dog 831 Bethlehem Pike Erdenheim, PA 19038 Cost: $30 without CERF certificate $34 with CERF Time: 10:30 to? B...
Views: 166   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 14, 2011 9:38am
by Eye Clinic Hoste...
LRC Of Long Island Match Show this Saturday!
Please come out and support our club! Event for: Labrador Retriever Club of Long Island Event Date: 09/17/2011 Email Address: McCat90@aol.com State: NY Category: Matches-Conformation Announcement: Labrador Retriever Club of Long Island, Inc AKC Sanct...
Views: 261   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 14, 2011 8:50am
by Breeder
Linda Oldham
Linda, Barbaree Labradors, my long time friend has passed away this morning......Lisa(her daughter)will let me know details as to her funeral, etc. I will pass that on.
Views: 1240   Replies: 31
Last Post: Sep 13, 2011 11:40pm
by Tim J. Chong
Pregnant with no titers
Hi, I recently acquire a 4-5 year old rescue/foster dog that appears to be pregnant. I took her to my vet and she appears to be healthy, but has negative titers for parvo and distemper. My vet said she shouldn't be vaccinated since she's pregnant, and now I'm worr...
Views: 398   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 13, 2011 11:01pm
by Jean Dodds
Combating Fleas
I'm getting set to order Flea Products for our 9 dogs of varying weight groups. I am also getting set to breed one of our girls. I usually use Frontline Plus on our pregnant girls and through nursing if we are in flea season. Frontline has not been working at all...
Views: 264   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 13, 2011 10:18pm
by Jessica
Views: 569   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 13, 2011 9:19pm
by Amazed
LRCP Reservations
The entire process for obtaining reservations for LRCP at the host hotel is a joke. For starters - Incorrect published information on the club website. Great way to deter a bulk of people to minimize the rat race of phone calls. Only to be then followed-up by a h...
Views: 572   Replies: 13
Last Post: Sep 13, 2011 6:44pm
by Tari
SPECIALTY & SWEEPSTAKES
ISLAND & PACIFIC LABRADOR RETRIEVER CLUB Specialty & Sweepstakes Supported Entry for Obedience Trial Thursday, October 27, 2011 Location: Tradex, Abbotsford, BC, Canada Judge: Ms Denys Janssen ( Columbia ) Sweepstakes Breeder Judge: Ms Nina Mann( Harbortop Labr...
Views: 361   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 13, 2011 4:49pm
by ISLAND & PACIFIC...
ILRC Specialty - entries close Sept. 14th
We hope to see many of you at the upcoming ILRC Specialty on October 1, 2011. Entries close Wednesday (14th) with Rau. Susan Willumsen (Willcare) - Regular classes Lois Engel (Majestix) - Sweeps Great location, hospitality, raffle....four days of majors the pa...
Views: 197   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 13, 2011 3:55pm
by fall in wine cou...
Website cost
Just trying to estimate what a nice website design would run for a small (less than 10 dogs) kennel? Can anyone tell me what they paid for their websites? What features do you like and what would you rather not have? Music, graphics, backgrounds, etc. TIA
Views: 550   Replies: 19
Last Post: Sep 13, 2011 1:01pm
by Hildur@Draumalan...
Reminder- LRC of Greater Denver Entries Close Wed., 9/14
Online entries are available through Entries On Time, 1-800-992-8955, FAX: 513-553-6459. (Entries On Time is located in the Eastern time zone and closes on Wednesday at 5 PM EDT.) We're looking forward to having you join us!
Views: 169   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 13, 2011 12:45pm
by Denise Hamel
EPI
Anyone have any experience with this?
Last Post: Sep 13, 2011 11:41am
by Me Too
LRC Nationals
Celebrate the Labrador at the Nationals ! -Have some fun- see old friends and make new ones- enjoy the camaraderie of fellow Lab lovers- gain new knowledge -Follow this link to the premiumhttp://www.thelabradorclub.com/subpages/show_contents.php?page=Premium+Li...
Views: 224   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 13, 2011 11:22am
by Barb Burri
Holiday Inn Booked out
Hotel fully booked for Potomac at 10-35 am
Views: 317   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 13, 2011 10:39am
by breeder181
Wrong number for Host hotel for Potomac
the phone number on lrcp.com is wrong.....please stop calling the poor woman at Gutters For Less I feel really sorry for her, the phone will be ringing off the hook all day long
Views: 253   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 13, 2011 10:15am
by Sheila Fruge
i
Itchy
What is the mode of inheritance for allergies?
Anyone know? Is it dominant? Recessive? Polygenic? Here is the scoop...had a litter out of my girl by a poplular sire. The entire litter has allergies in one form or another. I kept two gorgeous show prospects and both have constant ear issues and skin irritati...
Views: 459   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 13, 2011 9:34am
by Itchy..
The Regional vs. the National
What will the major difference be between these two shows, beside the educational offerings and performance events? Will the entry be pretty much the same? I can only take two days off that week and am trying to decide whether to take Thursday and Friday or Wednesda...
Views: 298   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 13, 2011 6:58am
by Show Committee
Spay with C-section or not
I have a girl that is having her last litter by c-section this week, I was wondering weather I should go ahead & have her spayed at the same time so that she does not have to go through another surgery after she is done with the puppies. She just turned 6 if that hel...
Views: 440   Replies: 12
Last Post: Sep 13, 2011 3:00am
by Correct
l
Laurel
MHC Genetic Test
Thought this might be of interest to folks. Finnish researchers have developed a genetic test to determine heterozygosity of the genes in the major histocompatibility complex. These genes control a dog's immune system and when homozygous could increase the risk of co...
Views: 289   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 12, 2011 10:58pm
by Laurel
Any one feed ther pregnant bitches raw?
...or in my case "semi-raw". I feed my dogs "semi-raw"...Honest Kitchen for the most part, add an equal amount of either ground meat or mince (has the organs and bone ground in). I just last week bred my female (a slight and very fit 53 pound girl). I AM ABSO...
Views: 360   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 12, 2011 10:39pm
by BBI Labs
vets in Villanova, PA area
I am looking for recommendations on good vet(s) in the Villanova, PA area. I have clients due to pick up a puppy in a couple of weeks and they need a really good vet. Any suggestions/referrals would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Views: 230   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 12, 2011 9:39pm
by lrussell
Photo
Isn't this a common photo from a specific kennel? I tumbled across it last week and know it's lifted. Anyone know whose photo it is? http://www.winwoodkennel.com/photo_albums/dogs/pages/Lab3colors16.html
Views: 3041   Replies: 13
Last Post: Sep 12, 2011 6:55pm
by Traci
Views: 410   Replies: 8
Last Post: Sep 12, 2011 6:07pm
by Labbylover19732
Wendy McNaughton address
Wendy has moved from the rehab to stay with her son Brian while undergoing treatment and recovering from the surgery Her address is Wendy C McNaughton c/o Brian Douglas 3 Dwight Avenue Salem NH 03079 She loves the cards she is getting, keep them coming
Views: 299   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 12, 2011 5:25pm
by Lois@Majestx
g
Gail R
New MH
Big congratulations to Carol Baugh and handler, Beverly Milheim, of Renegrade, for Ashridge Winchester RN earning his Master Hunter title, today at Baldwinsville, NY. I hear he did it in grand style. I can't wait to see his pups out of Windswept Mountain breeze, in...
Views: 425   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 12, 2011 5:13pm
by LR
Cancellation Notices to folks
Please don't shoot the messenger here. We asked MB-F to notify those folks entered via e-mail if one was listed or snail mail. I believe the e-mail went out within 1 hour from the time we go the AKC approval-- of course snail mail would have been delivered this w...
Views: 724   Replies: 18
Last Post: Sep 12, 2011 3:39pm
by Lori Riley
Judie Lynch - Celebration of Life
There will be a Celebration of Life for Judie on Saturday, September 24, 2011, beginning at 11:00 am. It will be held at the home where Judie resided with her loving husband Steve Lynch. Steve has said anyone knowing Judie that wants to attend is welcome! Addres...
Views: 450   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 12, 2011 12:35pm
by Robin
NDR: web tablet
I am considering getting a tablet device. If you have one, what do you like/dislike? What would you like as a feature that yours doesn't have? What do you use it for the most?
Views: 424   Replies: 13
Last Post: Sep 12, 2011 10:54am
by Shelley
Long Hair and wavy coats
What is this test I have seen on a few stud dog pages for does not carry gene for long hair or coat mean? Is the wavy coat a think of the past now?
Views: 482   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 12, 2011 9:18am
by DNA Guru
the case against early neutering
I'd appreciate it if anyone who has the link would share
Views: 347   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 12, 2011 6:27am
by Link
won't go past the gunner.....
I have a 16 month old bitch that was doing great with her hunt training. I sent her out with a handler for some conformation shows a few months ago. She came back and seems to have lost all of her confidence for field work. She avoids the gunner when going out - if...
Views: 439   Replies: 16
Last Post: Sep 11, 2011 9:31pm
by flusher
howling
Do any of you have Labs that howl? While I have plenty that snore, the howling is unique to the last litter I bred. It is not a problem but I was just wondering if this is common. Thanks
Views: 491   Replies: 9
Last Post: Sep 11, 2011 9:21pm
by valwhalen
Coat color question :)
I have been wondering about coat colors... When I bred my black girl (who's out of a yellow male and black female) to a yellow boy, she had most of her puppies yellows and few of them where black. I bred my yellow girl (who's out of 2 yellows) to a black male (who'...
Views: 415   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 11, 2011 8:50pm
by I agree
LQ east coast anyone
Has anyone on the eastern seaboard received their LQ yet? Waiting patiently in Boston
Views: 342   Replies: 20
Last Post: Sep 11, 2011 8:44pm
by Unlikely
Mason's Ken-L door versus Houndquarter's new combo door
We're in the midst of finally building our kennel for our dogs and I'm stumped on dog doors. I've always heard that Ken-L door is the best guillotine door available, but now Houndquarters has a new door that's a combo guillotine door and a door that the dog can opera...
Views: 283   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 11, 2011 1:32pm
by El
Dogs and mold
I just heard from someone who has a dog from me. She and her family are renting a house that has a mold problem. It worsened after Irene and all the rain. She asks if the mold affects the dogs. Apparently the basement is really bad now. She writes: " I'...
Views: 392   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 11, 2011 12:31pm
by Michelle
Huron River LRC - Specialty Show Closing on Wednesday 9/14
Reminder that the closing date for the Huron River LRC specialty show is this Wednesday, September 14th. Join us in celebrating our 25th Annual Specialty show. We will have some great door prizes, raffle items, and wonderful dogs and people to chum with at the sho...
Views: 210   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 10, 2011 4:25pm
by Ginny
BALLS
I am looking to find medium sized balls for my dogs to play with that won't get destroyed in 30 seconds. Any suggestions for Lab proof balls? Many thanks in advance.
Views: 626   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 10, 2011 4:24pm
by Breeder
loooong puppy gates
One of my puppy buyers has a very large space she would like to gate off. Do any of you know where she can find a gate that will span 80 inches? TIA
Views: 300   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 10, 2011 1:10pm
by Breeder
All-Breed Eye, Heart, & Microchip Clinic
Just wanted to let everyone know that the Lake Erie LRC will be holding its annual eye, heart, and microchp clinic next Sunday, Sept 11, 2011. We will also have AKC CGC testing available too. Please see our club homepage - www.LELRC.net - for further details. Than...
Views: 300   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 10, 2011 9:14am
by Judy Segedi
zoom groom
I have just tried this for the first time-I notice it takes out hairs that a shed blade misses-is this how this tool is suppose to work? I'm hoping I'm not "pulling" hairs out of the coat. Does anyone suggest a different brushing tool? Thanks
Views: 342   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 10, 2011 7:34am
by Shannon
NLR, Batten down the hatches Central PA (Susquehanna River Valley)
If you live in this area, you probably already know they are watching the west branch of the Susquehanna closely and preparing for the expected flooding with 5" - 7" more rain the next two days and river expected to crest at flood stage Thursday. Ground is already s...
Views: 362   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 10, 2011 7:19am
by valwhalen
j
Joan
surviving 9/11 dogs
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2033628/Surviving-9-11-rescue-dogs-scoured-Ground-Zero-bodies-commemorated-decade-difficult-mission.html
Views: 288   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 9, 2011 8:09pm
by Branwood
Color genetics
Re: Color genetics – if you breed a black carrying chocolate to a full chocolate - are black puppies ALWAYS black carrying chocolate or could some of them be a full Black (without carrying chocolate). I thought I read on this post previously that this was poss...
Views: 357   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 9, 2011 7:14pm
by Clarification
Thanks to Jersey Skylands for their show
I was only able to attend the JSLRC show on Friday but I had a wonderful time. As usual the club members went out of their way to make sure everything ran smoothly. The members were helpful and friendly, the hard-working ring steward and judges were gracious, the dog...
Views: 395   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 9, 2011 4:16pm
by Sharon Celentano...
Help....Bitch that I can't get in whelp....
I know it's been on the forum before..... I just can't remember what the answer to this question was..... I have a bitch that I have bred that has not gotten in whelp. What was the antibiotic recommended ? Thanks
Views: 558   Replies: 19
Last Post: Sep 9, 2011 12:41pm
by Breeder
First time going to Potomac
I am going to try to go to Potomac in April and was wondering if I could get some help? Which airport is best to fly into? Which airlines do people like and how much is it generally to fly with a dog? TIA!!
Views: 392   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 9, 2011 10:02am
by And..
f
fan
Search and Rescue Dogs Remembered from 9//11
For those of you who are interested in the dogs of 9/11 SAR, this was a summary of a presentation given by veterinarian Dr. Cynthia Otto from U of Penn, she gave the presentation at the AKC CHF Health Conference in St. Louis in August of 2011. She was one of the f...
Views: 178   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 9, 2011 7:23am
by fan
5 weeks pregnant, blood discharge
I have a bitch who is 5 weeks pregnant, and just got over a GI upset that seemed to go through the house. She had only two low doses of Tylan powder 2 weeks ago, and sort of normalized, at which point vet said to go to bland diet and probiotics only. Gradually, stool...
Views: 308   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 9, 2011 12:11am
by Breeder Also
t
Tricia
Weikenlin Labradors contact info
Does anyone have either a current landline number or current email contact info for Weikenlin Labradors...I'm trying to contact Ken Weikert.
Views: 543   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 8, 2011 7:13pm
by Xhibitor
Big Apple, North Branch NJ shows cancelled
http://www.akc.org/events/event_cancellations.cfm Wish we could send this rain to Texas for the week!
Views: 481   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 8, 2011 5:49pm
by Rainy
Labrador belt buckles?
Hope someone can help me find the silver/stainless handcrafted belt buckles with Labs and other various animals on them. I remember seeing the website somewhere and that's all this person makes-- they're gorgeous, but I'm drawing a blank. Private emails are fine an...
Views: 408   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 8, 2011 5:10pm
by Shelley Ellison
Road Runner Ponazuril
We're expecting a litter in a few weeks (finally)! We have coccidia in our home and have resigned ourselves to the fact that we always will. With past litters, we've tried using Albon (5% solution for 10 days) and Tylan (sprinkled over their food for 21 days). This...
Views: 560   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 8, 2011 1:38pm
by breeder
m
me
Stud Fee and rebreeding
I know someone going through a stud fee problem and just wanted some other input. I don't know ALL the details, but I'll give what I know. Friend bred her bitch to a male, contract stated 2 live pups constituted a litter. 2 pups born, one survived, one died at b...
Views: 672   Replies: 8
Last Post: Sep 8, 2011 12:19pm
by peggy Stevens
LRC of Greater Denver Entries Close 9/14
The Labrador Retriever Club of Greater Denver's back-to-back specialty shows are coming right up! The shows will be held on October 1st and 2nd at Robert F. Clement Park in Littleton, CO. Entries close at 8 PM next Wednesday, September 14th. Judges for Sat.,...
Views: 187   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 8, 2011 11:13am
by Denise Hamel
t
Teresa
3 door dog crate
Hello, I have a poll for you guys. I recently purchased a new 42 inch 3 door dog crate made by Precision Pet. I know there is a lot of crate discussion in the archives on different crates. I usually buy Midwest crates, but with the great reviews on the Precisi...
Views: 293   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 8, 2011 8:04am
by Teresa
p
Philly
Crate size
What size crate do you recommend for an adult lab? Just for sleeping in at night. TIA Melissa
Views: 297   Replies: 8
Last Post: Sep 8, 2011 7:21am
by Breeder
LRCP Bare Bones 2011
Hi All, As Hurricane Irene passes through the neighborhood it feels like fall is in the air and we all know what fall brings…Bare Bones!!!  Bare Bones Headquarters is abuzz with activity and we are well on our way to putting on another great specialty s...
Views: 464   Replies: 9
Last Post: Sep 8, 2011 1:24am
by Too much
a
anon
Re:Baytril dosage
I know this has been discussed, but, does anyone know the correct dosage for Baytril and when to start and for how long? TIA
Views: 321   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 7, 2011 11:55pm
by ?
News from LRCP about Bare Bones and Spring show-a must read!!
First of all I am pleased to say that this year you can enter Bare Bones on line at the LRCP.com website. You can also snail mail and Fax to the show secretary. All of the information including a downloadable premium list can be found at LRCP.com Second,And I know...
Views: 550   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 7, 2011 7:48pm
by LRT
Looking for the right "Dogmobile"
Looking for a used vehicle that will fit two dog crates in it, SUV or small mini-van, not wanting to transport a herd of dogs, just 2 in crates. Low clearance preferable so dogs don't have to jump so far. Maybe an older model CRV? New ones not dog-friendly in my o...
Views: 499   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 7, 2011 5:49pm
by Barb Burri
False Advertising?
After having a few days of looking at beautiful spotlight ads I decided to start looking deeper into a few boys. How disappointing that stud dog owners are misleading. I found one boy who is advertised as "CERF Clear" but when looking at the CERF on OFA the dog has...
Views: 1907   Replies: 54
Last Post: Sep 7, 2011 5:12pm
by Yep...
Puppy strangles
I was wondering where does this stand with a puppy's guarantee. I give 1 year for congenital problems. Should I consider this a congenital immune problem? The puppy is 4 month old and left at 8 weeks.
Views: 443   Replies: 9
Last Post: Sep 7, 2011 3:08pm
by Puppy Strangle S...
Roomba....anyone use one?
I admit I am getting older and lazy. So I am looking at the Roomba (or any other model of automated vacuum), but don't know how well they work in a three-dog household. Of course, I would still do regular full size vacuuming, I am just looking for something to help...
Views: 361   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 7, 2011 1:36pm
by shalane
e
Emily
Little Lady
Why shouldn't xrays for hips/elbows be done around the Little Ladies season? TQ
Views: 353   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 7, 2011 11:43am
by Should
b
BarbS
why dogs live longer
Interesting thoughts by Ted Kerasote author of Merle's Door Thought some of you might like to listen to the video: http://animalnature.net/an-interview-with-ted-kerasote-author-of-merles-door/
Views: 266   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 7, 2011 10:51am
by BarbS
fleece blankets for whelping box
I need to get some new blankets for my whelping box, can someone please tell me the best place to get them. I have been using regular blankets, but I read the fleece ones are better.
Views: 474   Replies: 9
Last Post: Sep 7, 2011 10:13am
by What
EIC comments from Cornell vet
I got into a conversation about EIC with a Cornell veterinarian last week, and she believes the current test is flawed. Her opinion is partly based upon a client who has a Lab that exhibits all the standard EIC symptoms (the dog has been videotaped having an episode...
Views: 798   Replies: 13
Last Post: Sep 7, 2011 1:57am
by think it's just ...
question on relaxin
I understand how the test works and how to read it. I figure we are between day 28 - 30. first five minutes the activating line appeared. I waited the 10 minutes and the second line did not appear, but at 15 minutes a faint second line did appear. Does the s...
Views: 300   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 6, 2011 8:59pm
by preggers?
Laura Reich
Congratulate Kim Bridgewater on her new MASTER HUNTER "Jack". He is Poplar Forest Jumpin Jack Synergy MH. This is the son of Kims CHAMPION MASTER HUNTER Ch Lor-als Got Our Powerplay CD MH owned by Kim. How nice is that to title the "show bred" father, and then ti...
Views: 891   Replies: 15
Last Post: Sep 6, 2011 6:53pm
by Sighttosea
Possibly starting a new LRC!!!!
I am thinking of possibly starting a new Labrador Retriever Club. I am curious if anyone knows where to find information on how to start? I was reading the AKC Club Formation rules but I am not sure exactly where to start? Does any of the other head club members t...
Views: 611   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 6, 2011 5:32pm
by Well....
LRC
I finally looked at the premium..is there really know class for pups 4 - 6mths? I only saw a 6-9 mth class.
Views: 352   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 6, 2011 4:36pm
by breeder
Shows in North Branch, NJ
Has anyone heard any updates on the shows starting Thursday in North Branch? According to InfoDog, they are on, but I am not sure how up to date that is.
Views: 307   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 6, 2011 4:29pm
by Exhibitor
Idiopathic Head Bobbing Syndrome
Hi - I have recently sold a puppy and a week after she went to her new her she started doing a strange head wobbling. After alot of research it looks to be idiopathic head bobbing syndrome. I have a couple of questions. How much of this has a hereditary component and...
Views: 485   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 6, 2011 3:43pm
by Jess's mom
h
Hmmmm?
what to enter a finished veteran in?
For those of you who like to show their finished veterans, how do you enter them at specialties? Vet Sweeps and BOB or Vet Sweeps and Reg Vets? Or any other combination? Thinking of entering my Veteran Ch and not sure what to enter! Thanks!
Views: 387   Replies: 12
Last Post: Sep 6, 2011 3:26pm
by Hmmm?
e
Emily
All about coats
Whats the difference between shedding and blowing coat?
Views: 556   Replies: 8
Last Post: Sep 6, 2011 3:02pm
by funny
Wendy McNaughton
As many of you have heard Wendy McNaughton is seriously ill and is in a rehab hospital in NH. Many of us are working to place most of her Labradors in safe and loving homes, and that is going very well. I will ask you all to remember Wendy in your prayers and to ke...
Views: 586   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 6, 2011 12:28pm
by Traci
Ed or Cindy Noll
Does anyone have Ed or Cindy Noll's cell phone number they can email me? Thank You.
Views: 380   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 6, 2011 9:32am
by Laura Reich
UPDATED State Basket Raffle
Hey everybody!!Its almost that time, October will be here before we know it! Ok, so first i want to thank everyone who is going to donate a basket for their state or club. The list is also located in the summer issue of the LRC newsletter. Please email me privat...
Views: 270   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 6, 2011 9:23am
by Alyce
new whelping supplies from?
i need to get new hemostats, and surgical scissors, and a few other items, nuta stat drops, et what company has the best whelping supplies thanks
Views: 281   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 6, 2011 1:09am
by breeder
pig rails
what is the best design for pig rails for a whelping box. in the past, I used pcp pipes on 2 sides or nothing. we built a bigger whelping box made with plywood. The floor is covered with linoleum, and I am looking for ideas for pig rails that serve its purpose...
Views: 311   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 5, 2011 10:58pm
by Highroller
First time showing at a Specialty
I've only shown at AB shows up to this point. Any helpful hints/comments for my first Specialty show?
Views: 388   Replies: 8
Last Post: Sep 5, 2011 9:54pm
by Love them
Standard - Proportion
Proportion is the next section of the AKC standard. We have already started touching on this subject in another thread. I have reposted part of that information here. It is hard to discuss the breed without mentioning proportion, because it is one of the MOST signifi...
Views: 563   Replies: 35
Last Post: Sep 5, 2011 8:42pm
by FCI
Fall Echo Doppler Clinic $165 !!!!!!! Dr. Braz-Ruivo, DVM, DVsc, Dip.ACVIM
REMINDER – APPOINTMENTS FILLING! FALL ECHO DOPPLER CLINIC IN MARYLAND WITH DR. Luis Braz-Ruivo: The annual Fall Echo Doppler Clinic for breed screening with Board Certified Cardiologist Dr. Braz-Ruivo, DVM, DVsc, Dip.ACVIM on September 24th and 25t...
Views: 329   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 5, 2011 5:53pm
by ECHO DOPPLER
r
RLD
Another new Master Hunter deserving of special congratulations
Please take a moment to congratulate a special lady and a very special dog on their latest but apparently not last great accomplishment. This last weekend Chris Wellsandt and her girl Flicka earned their Master Hunter title which is and exceptional accomplishmen...
Views: 681   Replies: 15
Last Post: Sep 5, 2011 2:38pm
by Pride
St. Louis Specialty Info?
Does anyone know where to find information on the St. Louis specialty in November? TIA!!
Views: 235   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 5, 2011 12:16pm
by Breeder
Epilepsy genetics
Until there is a reliable test, should we assume that epilepsy is a dominant with incomplete penetration gen?
Views: 390   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 5, 2011 1:10am
by Breeder
5mo heat cycle
My 6.5 yo bitch (who I was planning to breed a final time)surprised me a couple days ago by coming into season early. Normally, she cycles on 7 mo avg. This one was only 5mos, and probably because a daughter came in ~5 wks ago, and another girl 2 wks ago.. It's hor...
Views: 421   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 4, 2011 9:51pm
by Endeavor
m
MG
Videos In Memory:New Beginning
In Memory: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4jAjYxRj28 New Beginning: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMNqVHGFxoY
Views: 451   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 4, 2011 5:07pm
by Melody Losea
f
FCI
The vision behind The Standard
Many people believe that a formal standard should describe the vision of the originators of the breed. Is that the same as to describe the dogs the originators had? Did the originators describe the dogs they had or the vision that they were trying to achieve?
Views: 319   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 4, 2011 11:45am
by FCI
Wendy and North Conway
I think Wendy ahd North Conway have a dark cloud over it. A number of years ago, Wendy was going to judge sweeps in North Conway. At theat time LRCGB was the supported entry - their distance is just enough that they can have that. AKC does limit how far a club c...
Views: 418   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 4, 2011 11:41am
by Jeanne Charest
Views: 355   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 4, 2011 11:30am
by Faceless
crooked tooth
I have a bitch that just turned 2. She has full dentition and a scissor bite, but has one crooked tooth in the front. Will this prevent me from showing her? Thoughts please, no flames.
Views: 302   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 4, 2011 10:48am
by Hildur@Draumalan...
a
Ann H.
LQ Looking good..
All I have looked at are the ads. No reading but clearances. Love seeing all the nice chocolates, WOW ! Well, they are my heart !! Lots of yellows and of course, the beautiful blacks....love seeing the working dogs also. Thank everyone for sending in an ad to suppor...
Views: 269   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 4, 2011 10:21am
by Ann H.
Pawcatuck River LRC BACK-to-BACK specialties show closing Wed Sept 7th
Hi Everyone, Hope your power is back up by now if you were one of the unfortunate to loose it during the Irene storm here in the northeast. The PRLRC show committee would like to invite you and remind everyone that the PRLRC's Back-to-Back specialty closing is...
Views: 217   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 4, 2011 8:44am
by PRLR Show Commit...
Yet another standard
We have already covered several sections from the standard, but I realized that I left out comparison of the UKC standard. This was not an intentional slight, but an awareness that the UKC standard affects far fewer dogs than the AKC, CKC and KC (FCI) standards. Howe...
Views: 416   Replies: 8
Last Post: Sep 3, 2011 10:51pm
by Rachael
c
critic
LQ Article English/American labs
For those who have read their new LQ, did anyone else think the above referenced article seemed odd.
Views: 1260   Replies: 50
Last Post: Sep 3, 2011 8:01pm
by reality
c
Critic
LQ, Ads, Photos, etc
I just wanted to comment to those that pay top dollar for ads in the LQ. First off there were many in this latest stud issue that were really fantastic - gorgeous photos and wonderful composites. They were a feast for the eyes. Nicely done. Secondly I love seei...
Views: 748   Replies: 16
Last Post: Sep 3, 2011 7:36pm
by waiting
f
FCI
Labrador health....beyond The Standard
We seem to do a good job with things we can test for (hips/elbows, eyes, heart, EIC, etc.). What about things we can't test for such as epilepsy and allergies? What health conditions should we be keeping an eye out for? Do we have the character to not breed, or at...
Views: 302   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 3, 2011 2:57pm
by Laurel
looking for help to bring puppy from Europe
Hi; I'm looking for someone who could help me bring a puppy from Lithuania to Canada (attach to their ticket). The puppy could possibly fly out of Germany. If I can get the puppy to Minneapolis I would drive to pick her up. Alternately if I can get her to Winnipeg, C...
Views: 455   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 3, 2011 12:55pm
by Just me
17th Annual Bare Bones Specialty
Don't miss The 17th Annual Bare Bones Labrador Retriever Specialty, All-Breed Obedience and Rally Trials To be held at the Warrenton KC Showgrounds Friday October 28, 2011 Judges: Trudy Rose(Talimar)- Dogs & Intersex Roy Cone(Waterbound)- Regular Bitches D...
Views: 658   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 2, 2011 11:21pm
by ?
Jersey Skylands Results??
Any results from today's show? Thanks
Views: 450   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 2, 2011 11:17pm
by Congrats
Diversity and the Standard
Anyone who has looked around at canine events or in their neighbors' yards can tell you that there is a great amount of diversity in US Labradors today. Is that a bad thing? Earlier I wrote: As a result of its youth (less than a century) and resultant “pla...
Views: 608   Replies: 31
Last Post: Sep 2, 2011 8:27pm
by Oldtimer
Mid-Jersey Labrador Retriever Club Specialty - October 20th and 21st
Days Inn, 1260 US Route 22 East, Bridgewater, NJ 08807 908-526-9500 The judges for the Mid-Jersey Labrador Retriever Club Specialty which will be held October 20th and 21st are Thursday, October 20th Jo Fleming, Blackwater - Intersex, Dogs & Non-Regular J...
Views: 633   Replies: 8
Last Post: Sep 2, 2011 7:13pm
by 123
Views: 334   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 2, 2011 3:35pm
by stud owner
LQ American vs English....AKC standard, is it relevant.....and so on
Thank you sooooo much to all of you who know this breed so well for passing on your knowledge in the recent posts about standards and how Labs have evolved over the years. As someone who cherishes a Lab's temperament almost more than their beauty, do any of you kn...
Views: 417   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 2, 2011 2:40pm
by Kind and gentle
How do I submit
I just got the PRA results back for my girl. Normal/clear. On the results emailed to me, it says that I can register the results with OFA, and to do so, I should sign the bottom of the form, and mail to OFA with the fee. However, no where on the OFA site can I fi...
Views: 256   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 2, 2011 2:15pm
by Michelle@Infinit...
d
Debi
Des Moines Judge Change?
I have heard that Carl Liepman is not judging in Des Moines now? I looked on Onofrio but maybe I didn't look close enough. Anyone know if this is true?
Views: 283   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 1, 2011 9:56pm
by Rachael L.
Canoe Labs
http://www.duckhillkennels.com/dogs/canoelabs.php I'd love one of these small labs - if it wasn't a puppy mill......
Views: 3616   Replies: 21
Last Post: Sep 1, 2011 7:51pm
by Ummm
sudden white spots ?
Has anyone experienced a black lab suddenly getting hailstorm type white spots ? What could be the cause of this ?
Views: 363   Replies: 8
Last Post: Sep 1, 2011 5:25pm
by BreederX
Atlanta Specialty
What would be the best hotel to stay at around the Atlanta Expo center that accepts dogs? TIA
Views: 345   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 1, 2011 4:08pm
by GALRC Judges
l
LRT
OFA question
How long is it taking to get OFA results back? I had one of my girls done yesterday. My vet said she has nice deep sockets, no femoral head changes but the femoral head isn't as deeply seated as he would like. The last time she was in season was the first week of Jul...
Views: 488   Replies: 10
Last Post: Sep 1, 2011 9:10am
by Chris Carroll
Same old subject Alkaline & Acid or more females or more males
I found a website if anyone is interested I was giving my bitch more salmon(canned) & origen fish before & after pregnancy and she had 5 boys & 2 girls. http://www.angelfire.com/az/sthurston/acid_alkaline_foods_list.html thought it was interesting... know it'...
Views: 329   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 1, 2011 7:34am
by Food 4 thought
Cute video - wild goose chase
http://video.aol.com/video/the-wild-goose-chase/3184863481?icid=BTFimage2_main5-video
Views: 287   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 31, 2011 11:01pm
by Branwood
Standards - Size
The AKC standard covers items in a different sequence from the UK (FCI) standard. To keep things relevant to the AKC standard, I am taking the topics in that order. The section after General Description is Size, Proportion and Substance. Although it is only slightly...
Views: 472   Replies: 16
Last Post: Aug 31, 2011 8:44pm
by FCI
AKC Standard - is it relevant?
Comment from a previous thread by Kate Fulkerson: Do we need to update the Standard so that it more matches the versatile dog that Labs have become?First some history. I admit to having some personal issues about the current AKC standard. The standard and the way it...
Views: 1000   Replies: 62
Last Post: Aug 31, 2011 6:54pm
by FCI
Started dog won't pick up birds! Help!
I have a 6 month old pup that I was hoping to sell as started as I can already see mom's back end issues, which I was trying to avoid, coming out. Pups has been on bumpers with taped duck wings on them and prefers the winged bumpers over non feathered bumpers. Sh...
Views: 322   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 31, 2011 4:04pm
by windycanyon
Huron River LRC - Specialty Show Closing on 9/14
Reminder that the closing date for the Huron River LRC specialty show is September 14th. Premium lists and entry forms can be downloaded on the club website or the show secretary's website at the following: www.huronriverlrc.com and www.specialtydogshows.com E...
Views: 186   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 31, 2011 3:24pm
by Michelle@Infinit...
SMLRC entries close next week!
Entries for the Shawnee Mission LRC specialty close next Wednesday, so fill those entries out now and send them in! Don't forget to allow a little extra time to compensate for Labor Day. If anyone needs a premium/entry form, email me and I'll send one to you....
Views: 178   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 31, 2011 1:22pm
by Lois Roegge
t
Teresa
Cruciate Surgery
We have a large, 90 lb lab mix that is having a TTO done for a ruptured cranial cruciate ligament in 2 weeks. Just wondering what everyone's opinion is on keeping them confined to a crate vs. an exercise pen. I have 42 in crates and an ex-pen that we can use. This...
Views: 410   Replies: 12
Last Post: Aug 31, 2011 1:10pm
by Lab Owner
e
El
Jersey Skylands
First I want to say how sorry I am that your state is suffering the aftereffects of the storm. I hope your power is back on asap. We went without power for a week back in the Great Labor Day storm that hit us in CNY over 10 years ago. It really is awful when one is...
Views: 958   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 31, 2011 7:28am
by JSLRC is Still O...
Keeping a littermate to a dog with Elbow Dysplasia?
I have a young show prospect that likely has bilateral ED and will require surgery. The puppy is 7 months and has been limping on and off for weeks and initial diagnosis was panno, but today's x-rays suggest bilateral FCP. I'm going for a second opinion but that's...
Views: 505   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 31, 2011 7:02am
by Breeder Too
Hurricane Irene - Here we go!
Well, here we go! The rains began at 5:03PM. As I sit here with my lovely glass of Malbec (Yes, I'm hitting the sauce again!) looking out at my dogs snug in their kennels in the garage, I wonder what is in store. During a good rain our basement floods! I can only...
Views: 670   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 30, 2011 11:42pm
by Traci
meds and the pregnat bitch
..well about to be bred bitch. A couple questions; I thought all heart worm preventative meds were safe for pregnant bitches. However, a week ago, just before my female went into heat I gave her Iverheart Max. After the fact, I read the package insert and it sa...
Views: 271   Replies: 8
Last Post: Aug 30, 2011 8:51pm
by ears
Breeding an older bitch
I have an 8 year old bitch that, for reasons I won't go into here, I am considering breeding one last time. I will be consulting with my repro vet about this, but I wanted to ask for information from those who have done this before, was your experience in whelping a...
Views: 546   Replies: 15
Last Post: Aug 30, 2011 5:35pm
by peggy Stevens
Jogging on Asphalt/timing on eating meals ??
I've been thinking of taking up jogging with some of my adult dogs. Nothing like marathons but just around our local trails. My question is, how hard is jogging on a dog's joints..asphalt type surface ? These dogs all have their OFA hips and elbows as well. Also,...
Views: 301   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 30, 2011 4:05pm
by BRDR II
Was Strangles baby
Hi, just thought some of you that followed the thread on my 2 strangles puppies at 2wks might like to know that the 2nd baby girl now almost 4wks is totally well and fine. She's so darn cute! I think we kinda get more attached to those ones that we've had to run rou...
Views: 267   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 30, 2011 3:53pm
by Was worried
Thirst on pregnancy?
My girl is little over 7 week pregnant and I have been noticing that she's been drinking more than usual. Should I be worried?? Do you notice your girls being thirsty while their pregnant and especially the last two weeks of their pregnancy? TIA
Views: 280   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 30, 2011 11:31am
by Hildur@Draumalan...
LRC of Greater Denver Specialty
It's been delayed, but the Premium for the LRC of Greater Denver is now mailed (today) and is up on the club website! We are looking forward to a great time again this year, great dogs, great people, great hospitality, great judges and GREAT FOOD! Link to informa...
Views: 315   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 30, 2011 10:44am
by where
LIRFTC Fall Hunt Test Closing Date
Hi Everyone, First I hope that everyone has managed to fair well in the wrath of Irene. With Irene, getting kids off to college and the start of school, I figured that entries may be the last concern for people. With that said, I just want to let everyone kn...
Views: 161   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 30, 2011 7:57am
by Michele McGroart...
just for fun progesterone
just for grins and giggles..... Thursday, 0.7 Saturday, 2.7 What will Monday be????
Views: 418   Replies: 11
Last Post: Aug 30, 2011 1:11am
by Breeder/Vet Tech
Denver Specialty
Does anyone know if Denver is having a specialty this year? I haven't received a premium and although it lists judges, there isn't a premium on the club website?? The entries should close in a couple weeks if the show is really Oct. 1st & 2nd??? Anyone know anything?
Views: 332   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 29, 2011 9:54pm
by Greg Lynch - Kel...
LQ Mag
Just called to see if they'd sent it It was mailed out 08/24/2011 Has anyone received yet by chance?
Views: 503   Replies: 8
Last Post: Aug 29, 2011 9:11pm
by breeder
Huron River LRC 25th Annual Specialty - Special Raffle of Jonart Whelping Box
Huron River LRC is hosting a "special" raffle this year to commemorate our 25th Annual Specialty show. The raffle prize is a Jonart whelping box and liner (48in size). Tickets can be purchased ahead of time or at our specialty and supported entry shows in September....
Views: 233   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 29, 2011 4:37pm
by Michelle@Infinit...
Standards - General Description
The AKC standard General Description section contains 193 words. Of these, only 38 are relevant to the actual description of the breed. The Labrador Retriever is a strongly built, medium-sized, short-coupled, dog. The most distinguishing characteristics of the Labrad...
Views: 364   Replies: 9
Last Post: Aug 29, 2011 4:00pm
by FCI
Atlanta results?
I realize weather may be preventing results from being posted, or not a big entry, or some absences... I'm hoping someone has the results for this show from yesterday and today. Can't seem to get in touch with anyone...and I am interested as I have a girl out there...
Views: 474   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 29, 2011 11:15am
by BreederTwo
LRC of Twin Cities
Any results from the specialty today?
Views: 653   Replies: 13
Last Post: Aug 29, 2011 10:59am
by Observer
k
Kay
LQ
My LQ arrived in Littleton yesterday.
Views: 325   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 28, 2011 4:46pm
by Breeder too
Yeasty Ears - Need receipe
I cannot find the receipe Can someone post it and I will save to my computer this time. I printed it out last time and can't find it. Have been looking thru posts and also can't find. Thanks for your help!
Views: 338   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 26, 2011 8:36am
by NHL
Notes to Wendy McNaughton
I have a suggestion for you guys who are too far or did not get your entries in or whatever reason you have--- I told you we would be having some sign up get well cards to send to Wendy McNaughton available at our shows. Well one person on this list has a very legit...
Views: 359   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 28, 2011 2:09pm
by Jeanne Charest
Let's talk standard ~ General Appearance, Size, and temperament. (Open minded discussion)
Let's talk about the standard. Let's start with General Appearance, Size, and temperament. We'll move on with the rest of the standard later. I'm including the British standard for the sake of a educated discussion. AKC: General Appearance The Labrador Retriever...
Views: 1735   Replies: 80
Last Post: Aug 28, 2011 12:35pm
by great thread
Panacur
Have not given Panacur in quite some time. How much do I give a 75 pound dog?
Views: 296   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 27, 2011 10:15pm
by Measure
UVEA
both eyes iris/ciliary body cyst never had this before, dog had three clear cerfs, dog is five years old, from cerf cleared parents WHAT is this? ever had it? ty (on CERF may be a D1 breeder option)
Views: 203   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 27, 2011 6:32pm
by will this CERF?
Views: 650   Replies: 19
Last Post: Aug 27, 2011 12:54pm
by Liz Martin
Thinking of you on the East Coast
I just wanted to let all my breeder friends on the East Coast know that you are in my thoughts and prayers as you weather Hurricane Irene this weekend.
Views: 237   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 27, 2011 8:33am
by Melody Losea
How to tell an open or incorrect coat??
I am wondering if there is a way to identify an open coat on a puppy? I am not experienced with this and I am not sure if I might have one. Thank you!
Views: 568   Replies: 10
Last Post: Aug 26, 2011 8:18pm
by Lab Breeder
Safe Haven from Hurricane Irene
I have a few extra kennels and can make some more if need be, if anyone needs safe haven. I am about 3 hrs from the Jersey Shore and NYC.....Be safe and proactive coastal people
Views: 378   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 26, 2011 4:57pm
by Marie Zimmerman
Labrador mourns at casket of fallen Navy SEAL
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44271018/ns/today-today_pets_and_animals/?GT1=43001
Views: 380   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 26, 2011 2:53pm
by Cathy Montgomery
AI collection ideas (playtex bottles vs zip lock bags etc)
I have been using playtex sterile bags for a couple years, but it is difficult, as the opening is small. I have heard of breeders using freezer half gallon bags, etc, but are they sterile enough?
Views: 360   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 26, 2011 11:00am
by Hildur@Draumalan...
l
Linda
Jersey Skylands
Around what time does the show end on Sat. and Sunday. Thank you
Views: 328   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 26, 2011 8:06am
by Breeder
h
help!
Fleas! Frontline not working!
We've NEVER had fleas here, until my husband rescued a kitten two years ago. I've been treating for ticks with Frontline for years, and even had the gall to brag about our lack of fleas over the years! Last year we had fleas. I swore the frontline didn't work a...
Views: 373   Replies: 8
Last Post: Aug 26, 2011 7:13am
by Breeder
chronic ear infections with constant licking of feet
Does anyone have an idea on what to do with a dog that gets chronic ear infections that leads to constant licking of the feet? Vet bills are constant!
Views: 361   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 26, 2011 6:50am
by Susan Bonner
Strangles and seasons?
I was in at the vet recently with a young pup who has a case of the Puppy Strangles. My vet made a comment about how he's always watchful for this in the summertime. He notices a dramatic increase in Strangles in summer puppies. Just wondering, if you've had a...
Views: 337   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 25, 2011 11:55pm
by Been there
Starting to train on WC and JH
I am very new to the training for hunt tests. Our dogs have always been show dogs with some hunting that my family does (we do mainly deer and turkey, not a dog take-along sort of hunt) but we do occasional pheasant or goose. I was wondering what people use to...
Views: 363   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 25, 2011 10:01pm
by Rachael
p
PP
Proplan performance vs puppy
For those of you who have raised litters and puppies on both proplan regular puppy food and proplan performance, which did you prefer and why? Thanks!
Views: 301   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 25, 2011 8:28pm
by Lab Breeder
fussy eater
Any ideas on what to do with a fussy Lab? Has been an issue since puppy. Tried changing diet several times. Will eat one thing for maybe 4-5 days, then just backs off. Does that every time I change his food. Just can't find something he will eat longer than a we...
Views: 239   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 25, 2011 8:01pm
by Doesn't always w...
Still time to submit catalog ads for the National
Just a reminder - deadline for catalog ads for the National is TOMORROW. If you'd like to submit an ad, please send me an email. Thanks! Ruth
Views: 154   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 25, 2011 6:37pm
by Ruth Solomon LRC...
I Reserve the right to have first choice to buy the dog back???
How does this work???? A what price??? I sold a show puppy that now is a champion. The owner needs to sell the dog and he is asking me $15,0000.00 to buy the dog back. I think this is a little steep. How do you about settling a fair price? Do you put some kind of...
Views: 687   Replies: 20
Last Post: Aug 25, 2011 5:56pm
by Best Interest of...
Recent EIC articles on the web
Some interesting articles from the WCVM in Canada -they have an online newsletter. Page 8 and 9 in the latest newsletter (Summer 2011) is very pertinent(discusses Border Collie Collapse with a sidebar explaining the collapse in Labradors), and there is an article hal...
Views: 469   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 25, 2011 3:33pm
by Another one
Supported entry
Well hope you got your entries in. The entry numbers are 81 total on Saturday and 84 on Sunday so there will be majors because you will ALL show up I will have at least one very large card or a bunch of smaller ones for folks to sign up and send wishes to Wend...
Views: 204   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 25, 2011 2:55pm
by Jeanne Charest
Donated to Science?
Is it acceptable to donate retired, imperfect or otherwise unwanted dogs and unsold puppies to science (research, dog food testing, vet schools, etc)? I have recently heard that this is not an uncommon occurrence in Labradors. To each his own, I just wonder under wh...
Views: 871   Replies: 25
Last Post: Aug 25, 2011 2:32pm
by breeder75
Atlanta
Show in Atlanta unable to go because of impending Irene. Would appreciate if anyone who knows results could post. Good luck to all that made it!
Views: 252   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 25, 2011 2:13pm
by Karen S.
Lab Lays at Casket of Fallen Navy Seal
This will bring tears to your eyes but is so touching. http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44271018/ns/today-today_pets_and_animals/t/dog-mourns-casket-fallen-navy-seal/from/toolbar
Views: 290   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 25, 2011 1:20pm
by Lab Owner
another strange email - have you seen this one?
I found it very odd as I do not have either of these breeds "Hello, My name is J*******, I am an Oncologist,i work for some major hospitals. I came across your email address through surfing the Internet affiliated with the US chamber of Commerce.My late Gr...
Views: 432   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 25, 2011 9:42am
by Linda@Staghorn
ban pets in airline cabins?
This could spread to the USA if Canada bans cabin pets. Even if you have a larger dog breed, you might want to fly home with your next puppy. on canada.com http://www.canada.com/business/Doctors+call+Canada+wide+pets+riding+airplane+cabins+What+think/5294610/st...
Views: 354   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 25, 2011 7:48am
by vote
pregnant girls ear cleaning
I'll call my Vet tomorrow but do any of you know off hand if these cleaners are okay for pregnant girls? * chlorhexidine (TrizChlor 4) cleaners * Ketoconazole .3% in Pharmaseb Flush can't find anything on the net so I used * Vet solutions ( tia
Views: 433   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 25, 2011 7:29am
by Cathy Montgomery
does anyone know how to get in touch with kate perry
cant find her email does anyone have it?(Hawksmoor)
Last Post: Aug 24, 2011 9:08pm
by SuePuff
Views: 338   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 24, 2011 8:17pm
by Linda Maffett
j
Joanne
Lab National Raffle Baskets
Hi, I just need to know who to send our raffle basket (box) to, no one from Alaska Labrador Retriever Club will be able to go to the National this year, but we do have a basket full of Alaskan goodies that we would like to send. Thanks
Views: 210   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 24, 2011 8:04pm
by Jen Leitao
eye color
I have a very nice black bitch who has a "bit" lighter eye color than my other girls. How light is too light?
Views: 313   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 24, 2011 5:43pm
by Breeder 30
EIC again
Where can I make the EIC test for my dog? Thanks
Views: 427   Replies: 8
Last Post: Aug 24, 2011 5:21pm
by MWK
b
Brdr
Diane Correia passed away?
I guess I'm out of the loop but I was unaware that handler Diane Corriea passed away. My condolences. Does anyone know what happened?
Views: 564   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 24, 2011 3:52pm
by breeder too
Judie's passing
Dearest Steven, I am so sad to hear of Judie's passing, I still can see us when we were pompoming at Clayton Valley, she was dear person and know how much she will be missed. May God bless Judie and her family. Connie Majors
Views: 385   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 24, 2011 1:38pm
by Connie Majors
Potomac 2012
What are the dates of Potomac next year? Thanks
Views: 618   Replies: 9
Last Post: Aug 24, 2011 1:12pm
by Tired
Any ideas where to get shadow box that will hold 2 BIS rosettes? (LOL Not for me)
First, sending congrats out to my wonderful friend Kathy at Honadore Labradors. Kissy (Can. Ch. Honadore's Kiss N Tell) won another Best In Show at the Thousand Islands KC show on August 21, 2011 ! She also won 2 group 1st and two Group 2nd placements this same wee...
Views: 318   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 24, 2011 12:38pm
by valwhalen
Ivermectin Dosage
I have decided to switch my crew to Ivermectin, but don't know the dosage and my vet keeps "forgetting" to look it up, which I think is his silent protest against me no longer buying expensive hw preventative from him. I have the 1% injectible cattle/swine type,...
Views: 274   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 24, 2011 9:51am
by .
Judie Lynch
It is with great sadness to inform you that Judie Lynch of Raintree Labradors passed away on August 21st, from an eight-year long battle with breast cancer. She was a courageous woman that kept trying to fight off this disease, without ever losing her sense of humor...
Views: 896   Replies: 9
Last Post: Aug 24, 2011 9:18am
by Beverley
Best dog friendly hotels for North Conway, NH shows?
Never been. Any advise where to stay (cheap), or where not to stay? Is there a host hotel?
Views: 239   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 23, 2011 7:31pm
by Jeanne M. Chares...
Drolly Dog and a growing concern - I may of just dumped a bowel of water.
I'm growing a little concerned. My 4 year old lab is Drooling a lot when sleeping. I may of just dumped a bowel of water, It would have been less of a mess. Last night her bed was so wet she jumped up on our bed and did the same thing. With the Altitude we are at...
Views: 396   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 23, 2011 6:59pm
by El
NLR - Did anyone else in northeast PA feel the tremor?
At approx 1:50 pm my chair and desk and shelves shook at work here! Only lasted about 10 seconds. Guys in the shop also felt it, said racks and work tables were shaking.
Views: 408   Replies: 11
Last Post: Aug 23, 2011 6:29pm
by Pittsburgh, PA
Need a Vet Parker Colorado
To whom it may concern I need some help. I just move to Parker Co, from the East coast and need a GOOD local vet. This is my first time in the Mid-West and have no frame of reference. Thank you to anyone that could help. KC
Views: 171   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 23, 2011 1:44pm
by Kay
sad article - read the note left from the child
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/23/paul-wu-abandoned-dog-note_n_933343.html
Views: 396   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 23, 2011 1:22pm
by NewbieABC
Sending dogs back to their breeders
I am curious about how fellow breeders feel about a dog being sent back to them. If a dog was purchased as a show prospect and didn't turn out would you as a breeder be upset with someone wanting to send them back (if you demanded them be sent back rather than being...
Views: 1188   Replies: 30
Last Post: Aug 23, 2011 1:12pm
by peggy Stevens
Book Recommendations?
Can anyone recommend good training books for new puppy owners?
Views: 367   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 23, 2011 1:01pm
by anonbreeder
a
ACVO
CERF Testing
At what age can we stop CERF 'ing a dog. Do we need to CERF our veteran dogs?
Views: 192   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 23, 2011 10:47am
by brown
advice for raising a litter as a single person
Ok, I know alot of you raise litters and are a single person doing it. What words of wisdom do you have? Do you just let the Mom do it all and hope for the best? Or do you spend the first several days trying to help her get acclimated? Tips and advice welcome!
Views: 520   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 23, 2011 9:53am
by Excellent
b
buyer
where to buy kennel runs
I am looking for kennel run panels to fit a certain spot. I need 2, 5 or 6 foot wide, at least 10 foot long and 6 foot high runs. TSC has a very expensive one ($550 each) but that seems a bit out of reasonable range. Any suggestions? TIA!!
Views: 405   Replies: 12
Last Post: Aug 23, 2011 9:00am
by breeder
Okay Cerf female whelp
I know this was talked about and can't find it in the search. Is it okay to have females in whelp eyes check. Only thinking the drops ?
Views: 335   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 23, 2011 12:45am
by windycanyon
s
Sue
HOOSIER LABRADOR RETRIEVER CLUB FALL WC October 08,2011
HOOSIER LABRADOR RETRIEVER CLUB will be holding its Fall WORKING CERTIFICATE TEST At The CASS COUNTY IZAAK WALTON LEAGUE 1046 N. S.R. 17 LOGANSPORT,INDIANA 46947 ALL WELCOME WC Judge : Chris Cornelius ,Marsh-Mutt Manor Labradors Entries Close m...
Views: 204   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 22, 2011 10:53pm
by Sue
l
Linda
xrays needed
Can someone recommend a Vet. in Va., Md. who does xrays of hips/elbows. My girl is 24 months and I'd like finals done. Thank you.
Views: 304   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 22, 2011 9:46pm
by Linda
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Free Forum powered by Bravenet