Start a New Topic 
75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Louise
What age do most of you do your micro chips?
Views: 537   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 27, 2007 2:46pm
by Guess who
d
Diane
Other then Sit Stay
Other then Sit Stay is there another online pedigree service you can use to generate your own pedigrees.
Views: 491   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 27, 2007 1:44pm
by another no name
alligators in Florida
My daughter called this morning and said they have alligators in the canal that their yard fronts in SW Florida. The Lab I gave her years ago was barking at the edge of the canal and her husband went to see what was the problem and an alligator had one leg up on the...
Views: 715   Replies: 19
Last Post: Jun 27, 2007 10:34am
by Gerri Kennedy-Yo...
SVLRC Specialty Dates (Corrected)
Just noticed on the specialty calender that the dates for our clubs specialty and GCKC supported entry shows are in-correct. Please note, that the correct dates for the specialty are Friday, August 31 and Monday, September 3. GCKC supported entry dates are Sat. 9/1...
Views: 323   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 27, 2007 10:04am
by charlene babbitz
g
Gail
'08 Potomac date
Anybody know? My friend wants to make reservations.
Views: 778   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 27, 2007 7:58am
by Gail
what is needed?
I see this was mentioned on Laura's forum but I'm noty sure how to post on there. I had planned to enter my 3 y/o in the Speciality in Kingston that is the end of July. A couple of things listed on Laura's forum I won't have. I want to bring my puppy so I don't ha...
Views: 428   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 26, 2007 11:12pm
by Heather Johnson-...
d
Diane
Info Dog entry
I just noticed that I accidentally entered my dog in Obedience instead of Confirmation. Info-dog is closed, but I'll have to call them tomorrow. Has anyone done this before & can it be changed? Entries close tomorrow
Views: 405   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 26, 2007 10:06pm
by Traci
Timberwolf Organics
Can you share your experiences with this food? If you've used it, which formula (there are quite a few). Has anyone taken advantage of their breeder plan where you purchase large quantities? Thanks in advance for any advice.
Views: 478   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 26, 2007 8:54pm
by Ingrid
b
Barb
breed bans in the US please read
http://forums.dogzonline.com.au/index.php?s=f258cb70e2cadef8f62acdf175c89531&showtopic=101859&pid=1763828&st=0&#entry1763828
Views: 473   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 26, 2007 3:44pm
by Barb
t
Terry
Supported Entries/Waynesburg Show
Special Congratulations go out to Lori Bentine on her new Champion...Tremont She Wears the Pants. A beautiful yellow bitch who took WB four consecutive days and BOW three consecutive days!!!!! What a weekend!!! Congratulations also go out to Jill on her very spe...
Views: 672   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jun 26, 2007 3:40pm
by Breeder
Congratulations... JH title for CAN CH Sunnydaze Indigo!
Indy is now BOSS CAN CH Sunnydaze Indigo WC, JH! A big congratulations to Linda Maffett of Sunnydaze, Diane & Todd Sullenberger of Harlequin, and Shelah Frey of Mainland!
Views: 502   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 26, 2007 11:51am
by Sheila
o
Oy Vey
Congrats Team Shadowglen!!
WTG Gus and Margaret, Shadowglen Labs. Gus took BISS at the Pittsburgh Speciality!! He is now: BISS BIS BDA CH, AM CH.ShadowGlen Augustus, CDX, RE, JH, WC, CGC, TDI WOOHOO Gus and Margaret!! WTG!! Gotta love that sweet, handsome boy! More results...
Views: 852   Replies: 20
Last Post: Jun 26, 2007 11:24am
by Susan
n
Nancy
RE: A tragic story that could happen to any of us.....................
I got this from a frenchie list From: Beth Carr [mailto:mcbeths1@ yahoo.com] >Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 11:50 AM >To: Susan Judge >Subject: Dog World > > > >I am writing this to let you know what happened. > > > >We were at the Harrisonburg shows o...
Views: 1187   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jun 26, 2007 11:18am
by Susan
Leasing a bitch?
How does one go about leasing a bitch to breed to their male? What are the typical terms? TIA
Views: 643   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 25, 2007 7:25pm
by special circumst...
Pittsburgh Day 2 regular classes
WD-Liberty Creek Behr2 Dare All WB-Tremont She Wears The Pants BOB-BIS BDA CH, AM CH.ShadowGlen Augustus, CDX, RE, JH, WC, CGC, TDI BOW-Tremont She Wears The Pants BOS-Dicroft Grace Kelly I'll post shortly with RWD, RWB, Best Puppy, Best Bred By, and Best V...
Views: 842   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jun 25, 2007 4:15pm
by AICA
Losing Puppies Need Medical Info
I need help coming up with answers.Two entire litters has gotten sick 15 puppies total. I am working with two Vets have been in their office the last three days in a row. Have a viral intestinal problem that is very Parvo like in symptoms but Lab results are negative...
Views: 901   Replies: 24
Last Post: Jun 25, 2007 11:28am
by nybreeder
Graphs for Ineffectivness of MSN in California
Very interesting - If you are in California show these to your lawmakers - if you are facing MSN any where it's still revealing information. http://www.naiaonline.org/issues/California_graphs.htm#graph1
Views: 341   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 25, 2007 11:23am
by Gina in PA
b
bp
flaky skin on top of back
dog has dry flaky skin if in water daily,last summer he was in kiddie pool,or lake, this year we put in salt water pool, same thing with that,,if not in pool frequently does not get it, i always rise off after swim, food is proplan performance,chicken and rice, also,...
Views: 406   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 25, 2007 7:53am
by bp
Warning--water bucket hazard--long but pls read!!!!
I want everyone to know how potentially dangerous those tall orange water buckets from Home Depot are. And just so you know, I am a freak about safety issues, and have protected my puppies from snakes, hawks, coyotes, diseases, shart objects, injuries, you name it....
Views: 740   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jun 25, 2007 7:40am
by Annomouse
OFA
I have a question regarding OFA,if both parents are with Good hips and Normal elbows is there still possibility that offsprings take birth with or develop OFA faults later in there life.
Views: 494   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 24, 2007 11:25pm
by Well said
g
Gail
spotlight dogs
Is anybody, besides me, having a problem opening the "spotlight" dogs?
Views: 601   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 24, 2007 11:04pm
by Gail
Growing Old with dogs
Take a minute to check this out, it's a great link about growing old with your dogs. Best, Marci http://www.greatdanepro.com/Growing%20Old/index.htm
Views: 525   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 24, 2007 8:57pm
by Lisa
8 week old pup who doesn't want to extend his rear?
Any thoughts about this? When stacking this pup, he won't stand square....he wants to keep pulling his rear back under him.
Views: 477   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 24, 2007 8:47pm
by anon breeder
OCD in hind ankles
I have a 6 month old dog with swelling in both hind ankles, more severe and extremely lame in left hind. Does not respond to non steroidal anti-inflammatories. He has had digital radiographs done of all rear assembly which show nothing and has had a full tick ser...
Views: 570   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 24, 2007 8:00pm
by CHECK FOR LYME D...
ears
I have had a ton of dog expenses in the last 6 months so am hesitant to rack up another vet bill. Since I have my own dog pharmacy here that I've collected over the last few years, what antibiotic do you generally use for a red, inflammed ear? (only one side)
Views: 529   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jun 24, 2007 7:08pm
by West Coast Breed...
Rose City closes Wednesday June 27th
Boy that sure came up fast, there's still time to fax it in.
Views: 343   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 24, 2007 2:39pm
by Kdw
stacking a sheltie
My son is showing his sheltie at a county 4-H show in three weeks. His leader has incstructed him to look on the internet to find out how to stack his particular breed. So far, we have been unable to find any information or picture of how shelties should be stacked...
Views: 610   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 24, 2007 2:00pm
by Laura
Pittsburgh Pics
I posted a few pics on the website. More should be coming soon from other photographers. :-) Enjoy! http://www.gplrc.com/specialty2007.html
Views: 682   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 24, 2007 9:29am
by bluesouth labs
puppy food
What are the reasons that most breeders elect not to feed the large breed puppy formulas? Just the higher protein/fat levels? What if the formula has 1.5% calcium or less? Also, at what age do you stop worrying about the higher calcium % - after age 2? I have...
Views: 407   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 24, 2007 8:12am
by anonbreeder
Dipping feet in the WATER!!
My dogs have been giving them selves bathes in the water bucket? They have been putting they're feet in the water bucket! As soon as I change the water they ruin it by stepping in the bucket(which I change 3 times a day). Is there something in the diet that i'm mi...
Views: 857   Replies: 26
Last Post: Jun 24, 2007 2:09am
by Margaret Cunning...
Ohio People - Contact your Senators NOW!!! SB 173
the nitty gritty comes from Norma Bennett Woolf, President of the Ohio Valley Dog Owners, Inc. OVDO, Inc., address is: 6241 N. State Route 48 Lebanon, OH 45036 (513) 932-3176 (Phone & FAX) http://www.canismajor.com/orgs/ovdo/ We aren't thru with California...
Views: 391   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 23, 2007 7:34pm
by Red Birch
OFA recommendation Riverside Ca.
I just moved to Riverside California and am brand new to Labs. I have my first showgirl and she just turned 2. I want to get her final OFA done and have no idea who to go to. Is there anyone in the area that could give me a referral to a vet that does this procedure...
Views: 390   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 23, 2007 6:12pm
by Susan Eberhardt
d
Debi
Canidae Dog Food Opinions
Ok I know this has be discussed before. But here it goes. I started one of my Labs on Canidae last week. I am tired of fighting his ear problem. I bougth 2 bags of the Lamb & Rice and 2 of the Chicken & Rice. I mixed them together in the bin. Everyone is different.....
Views: 481   Replies: 18
Last Post: Jun 23, 2007 12:06pm
by AnnaH
Pittsburgh Specialty - Day 2 Sweepstakes
Best in Sweeps: Wiscoy's Brick - Congratulations Jill! Best of Opp in Sweeps: ClearCreek BonaVenture Windjammer (CH. BonaVenture's Clipper X ClearCreek BonaVenture Aspen's Run) bred & owned by myself and Tom & Gail Shearer
Views: 631   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 23, 2007 9:41am
by Patty Streufert
i
iaj
another good article...
on designer dogs http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17616672/
Views: 408   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 23, 2007 9:03am
by iaj
OT - How do you get rid of moles in your yard
Hello - My front field looks like an Earth Dog Trial course. Does anyone know a SAFE and EFFECTIVE way to get rid of these pesky varmits? The area I am talking about is at least a football field length. TIA!
Views: 609   Replies: 19
Last Post: Jun 23, 2007 12:10am
by Susan
b
bdr
Struvite crystals..anyone know or experience
Got a friend with Belgian Sheepdogs. Their male was having urinary issues and it has been diagnosed as ammonium magnesium phosphate crystals. (aka struvite crystals) The dog does not have bladder stones (according to x-rays). Does anyone have experience with those...
Views: 380   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 22, 2007 10:05pm
by bdr
Specialty Show Calendar - Got Updates?
If you have any updates that need to be added to the specialty show calendar please forward them to me, so that they can be included in the next update. I have a few submissions right now, so if you have more pass them along. Michelle
Views: 350   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 22, 2007 10:04pm
by Michelle@Infinit...
penile discharge
I know most males have a certain anmount of "smegma"...but when is it important to have a boy examined by a vet. One of our young fellows has discharge aound the exterior of his penis but inside the sheath...it does have an odor....any experiences anyone?
Views: 348   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 22, 2007 9:31pm
by breeder
Views: 472   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 22, 2007 7:24pm
by Daniel Pondé
n
noname
Indestructible
I have tried this frisbee and it's a little pricey but my dogs have yet to distroy it even when pulling on it(amazing). It's very lightweight, floats and flies great! I think it may be the best dog toy that I have ever bought. Do a search to find the best price, A...
Views: 530   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 22, 2007 2:21pm
by been there
Fat puppys and egg crate
Never had to use the egg crate foam. Do you just put it in the bottom of whelping box and still cover with towels or sheet. Lighter weight towels ? How much do you cover foam crate piece? Small litter, keeping mother away more. Other ideas, I am open.
Views: 345   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 22, 2007 2:10pm
by been there
would you let a 30 lb 4 month old puppy run with the big dogs ?
Just need to know whould you let a 30lb 3 1/2 month old puppy run with the Big dogs unsupervised ? Pup broke its elbow and needs a pin in it . they where left alone in the turn out pen when she got back the puppy was limping bad Doctor says pups has an incomplete...
Views: 597   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 22, 2007 12:46pm
by Katmai Labs
NJ Breeders
Anyone in the area willing to email me so that I can ask for some kennel recommendations for a puppy buyer that contacted me?
Views: 404   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 22, 2007 12:28pm
by Jen Cordero
Breeder Reproduction Seminar in California
Just wanted to let everyone know about a great reproduction seminar available to breeders. It is being put on by the Society for Theriogenology (study of reproduction). It is being held in conjunction with the annual veterinary reproduction conference. The speakers a...
Views: 484   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 22, 2007 12:19pm
by Joyce~Ancient Oa...
n
noname
Dog Food Analysis
Check out what you are feeding. http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/ You can use the search to find your particular brand or else view by ratings. Reading the reviews enlightened me about beet pulp, ethoxyquin etc.
Views: 493   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 22, 2007 11:52am
by getting in the s...
Male Labrador in County Shelter - Need help!
Hi All We just received a phone call from the Yuva (sp!) County Animal shelter (about 40 miles north of UC Davis) regarding a Labrador Retriever that was turned in to them. He is six years old and was tracked back to us through his microchip. His owner turned him...
Views: 807   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jun 22, 2007 9:47am
by Liz Martin
d
Diane
Looking at a new ride for the dogs.
Anyone have a dodge Durango? or KIA Van And do you like it? how many crates can you get in there 400-30" high crates. Have a windstar which has been excellant for roominess and comfort. But the miles are adding up so looking for a new ride.Can't afford a Tahoe.!!!...
Views: 968   Replies: 50
Last Post: Jun 22, 2007 9:28am
by El
Is it working?
I got this via email yesterday: Long Beach Press Telegram - CA June 21, 2007 Oropeza: Neutering bill no-go Politics: State senator says objective is noble but bill is 'too severe a solution.' By Don Jergler, Staff writer LONG BEACH - State Sen. Jenny Oropez...
Views: 523   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 22, 2007 5:22am
by Rycroft Labrador...
I put in a new misting system today.......
I have tried some misting systems in the past only to wind up with a sopping wet run. Well, I bought a really cheap ($12) system at Lowes thinking I might have to tolerate a little dampness. This system has a tiny hose (1/4 " I think) feeding the nozzles. I've had...
Views: 475   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 21, 2007 11:14pm
by Jamie k
OFA Prelims
Does the OFA put prelims in their online database? ty
Views: 432   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 21, 2007 7:11pm
by Breeder00
j
Jill
Specialty Results and Spotlights
I was just updating the Specialty Results page with some new pictures, and began wondering about how I can make the page into a printer friendly version. It would be nice to be able to download and/or print it out at the end of the year, making it a nice way to look...
Views: 705   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 21, 2007 4:34pm
by Sharon(WigWag)
OFA submissions
A couple questions. I know some clinics submit radiographs digitally now to OFA. If films are sent (the old way), does OFA convert them digitally and then send them on that way to the 3 vets who will evaluate rather than snail mail? Seems like it would be faster t...
Views: 387   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 21, 2007 3:41pm
by Dayna
RE: Stud Fees
What about final clearances and titles?? I know of a breeder who bases stud fees on their final OFA's and Ch. titles. It makes sense to me to charge a little less if they are not proven or if they only have prelims and no titles. JMO Shelley
Views: 548   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 21, 2007 3:31pm
by Shelley/Tristar
Pittsburgh Specialty - Day 1 (Partial Results)
WD - Shalane's Fly By Knight from the Open Black class RWD - Morgan's Peace Pipe from the 12-18 class More results to come.
Views: 609   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 21, 2007 2:18pm
by Stephanie Danger...
Stud Fees
How many of you charge a smaller stud fee for young, unproven dogs? It seems to me that I shouldn't charge full fees for a young boy with no get on the ground.
Views: 804   Replies: 22
Last Post: Jun 21, 2007 9:53am
by Tail Crazy
canine influenza
Just got an email from a friend in Va. who said a dog in Burke, Va. was diagnosed with this. An attached article stated there is a 5 % fatality rate and there is no vaccine currently available. Anyone know more about this disease and it's threat? The article forwa...
Views: 380   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 21, 2007 7:17am
by Southland Breede...
k
Kellie
Cephalexin and Fish Flex
I was told bya vet that these were the same thing. I can get Fish Flex from a farm store without a prescription and it does say cephalexin on it but because it is labeled for fish it can be sold that way. I do not like to use medications a lot but some times this i...
Views: 491   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 21, 2007 1:37am
by West Coast Breed...
s
sue
Help! never seen this before.............
Vet doesn't even know.............labbie has dime size bloody oozing sores on him.....vet put him on cephalexin..2x dailey for 20 days.............this started on his head with a bump??????????????
Views: 835   Replies: 18
Last Post: Jun 20, 2007 8:28pm
by FV
Male Labrador in County Shelter - Need help!
Hi All We just received a phone call from the Yuva (sp!) County Animal shelter (about 40 miles north of UC Davis) regarding a Labrador Retriever that was turned in to them. He is six years old and was tracked back to us through his microchip. His owner turned him...
Views: 609   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 20, 2007 6:35pm
by MelissaKime
Leasing a girl for the first time
I am leasing for the first time a girl to breed this fall/winter. I know the great thing about leases is that you can do anything you want between you and the owner... but I was looking for some past experiences from others on what their lease contracts were. Did you...
Views: 417   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 20, 2007 1:06pm
by Patty/Snowco Lab...
Breeding Age
I am just curious. On your females how old do you retire them. Do you base this on health or do you just retire them when they hit a certain age. Just curious to see what everybody does.
Views: 628   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 20, 2007 1:01pm
by Patty/Snowco Lab...
What number of boosteres do you prefer for pups?
I have done a total of 4 in the past, but my vet says research shows that the odds are so very low that its a waste for that 4th booster. What is everyone doing these days?
Views: 422   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jun 20, 2007 10:16am
by Deep South
AKC Mixed Breed Survey Results (Long)
On Behalf Of Charlotte McGowan Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2007 5:13 PM To: Undisclosed-Recipient:; Subject: [americanssa] AKC mixed breed survey FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Daisy Okas Date: June 19, 2007 Phone: 212-696-8343 AKC PRESENTS RESULTS OF MIXED B...
Views: 434   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 20, 2007 9:51am
by Marci - Larkspur...
Sick Lab
I have a 3 year old black Lab male. He exhibits signs of severe panting, blueing of the tounge, gasping for air, vomiting and temperature rise. Water consumption and eating is great, weight is great as is his coat, shine and low shed. Sounds like heat stroke but he d...
Views: 754   Replies: 23
Last Post: Jun 20, 2007 9:08am
by Symptoms
MRW Book
Ebay has the Dual Purpose Labrador Retriever and one of the Clayton directories from the Uk listed. Both are out of print.
Views: 643   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jun 20, 2007 12:04am
by Gina in PA
r
Rosy
Congratulations, Anne!
I would like to send a huge CONGRATS!!!!! to my dear, dear friend, Anne Trend, Trendy Labradors. Her lovely girl, Carly is now CH Trendy's Jewel of Carlton. Carly was WB, BOW & BOB yesterday at the Lakeland-Winter Haven Kennel Club show in Tampa, Florida. I was so...
Views: 647   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 19, 2007 8:47pm
by Tamlyn
l
Leeda
Breeding Luck on a Progesterone of 22.
Hi, Much to my surprise my female went in doe her baseline Progesterone today at 3:00PM on day 8 of her heat and is already a 22. Is there any chance of a successful breeding tomorrow morning with such high nos?????????
Views: 532   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 19, 2007 6:41pm
by kathyvmd
puppy vaccine
I need to purchase vaccine for a litter. What type and brand does everyone use? Is one better than another?
Views: 346   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 19, 2007 6:40pm
by kathyvmd
Types of Whelping Boxes
I am planning my first breeding this Summer. What kind of whelping boxes do all of you prefer? Where do you buy them? I will probably only be doing maybe one litter a year. I mention that only because I am not sure how much to invest. I have seen both bought and...
Views: 484   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jun 19, 2007 4:58pm
by Marci - Larkspur...
North Texas People- Ya'll okay?
Just saw on the news that you've had MORE rain and there's extensive flooding - everyone okay? Please send some of the rain this way. We're desperate here.
Views: 590   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 19, 2007 4:10pm
by tombarlabs/Barba...
Help, medical situation critical
My young 4yr spayed female is at the emergency clinic and the doctor doesn't know what is wrong. Here are the facts: 1.presented to family vet at 8:00am Friday morning, dog is lethargic, vomitting (only liquid), blood from rectum. (She looked like she wasn't fe...
Views: 1063   Replies: 31
Last Post: Jun 19, 2007 1:58pm
by Patty/Snowco Lab...
Cerf on OFA
I have been checking a few dogs out on OFA. If it doesn't mention Cerf,Does that mean the breeder opted to not add the cerf to OFA.?And why is that.? Many of the dogs I am looking at it doesn't include the cerf. So I can see if they have been checked.And what was f...
Views: 457   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 19, 2007 1:44pm
by Southland Breede...
underground fence
I have a puppy buyer who wants to use an underground fence to contain his puppy. I've talked to him about the problems--mainly that it may keep his dog in but won't keep other dogs or coyotes out. He has used one in the past and wants to use it again, but doesn't k...
Views: 403   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 19, 2007 7:43am
by Scott Dannaker
Pixburgh Weather
Just in case yunz wannaa know Wednesday, Jun 20 High: 79 °F RealFeel®: 79 °F Mostly sunny and less humid Wednesday Night, Jun 20 Low: 46 °F RealFeel®: 50 °F Mainly clear Thursday, Jun 21 High: 82 °F RealFeel®: 82...
Views: 330   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 19, 2007 6:50am
by Joe DeNardo
Boston specialty sweeps
Someone out there must have sweeps results for the Boston Specialty Day 1 and Day 1??? Right???? Judy
Views: 748   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 19, 2007 12:38am
by gaetacreek labs
GPLRC Judging Program
As usual, I have not received my judging program for the GPLRC. It's not online at Bob Peters' site. So, can someone scan it and post it on the GPLRC website or on your own to share? I'd like to see the class breakdowns.
Views: 428   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 18, 2007 9:15pm
by Gina in PA
Distemper and Parvo
Can anyone tell me where to buy single vaccines? I'm looking for Distemper and Parvo modified live virus and can't find a combo or singles. Help??
Views: 397   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 18, 2007 8:02pm
by Breeder
Pittsburgh Specialty Judging Program
The judging program for the Pittsburgh Specialty this week is now posted on the GPLRC site at: http://www.gplrc.com/specialty2007.html Have a safe trip!
Views: 464   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 18, 2007 7:50pm
by Mary Ann Hart
Winnebago
Does anyone have any of the class placings including Registered names? TIA
Views: 478   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 18, 2007 7:00pm
by AnnaH
ANY NEWS????Wisconsin
Any news from the cheese state.. Wisconsin????????
Views: 721   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jun 18, 2007 6:08pm
by Inquiring minds
Can you recommend a website host
I am thinking of changing up my website. My current one was created using yahoo. Can anyone recommend a website host they use and are happy with?? You think I can keep my domain? Thanks, I am website challenged
Views: 507   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jun 18, 2007 4:44pm
by Melissa
To All The Dads...
To all my fellow dog showing Dads ... Happy Father's Day! Best to you! Michael
Views: 543   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 18, 2007 1:57pm
by Chris(WigWag)
Re: Can't Wait
Come on Pittsburgh!! can't wait. A bunch of us are loading up vans over the next couple days and ready for a great party!
Views: 390   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 18, 2007 12:05pm
by Gina in PA
urine in older dog
I have a dog that will be 14 Aug 26. She now can't control her bladder. When she wakes up there is a puddle there. Her tail and private area has urine all over it. Is there a pill that will help this? Or is this going into something else and her days are numbere...
Views: 470   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 18, 2007 10:27am
by Patty/Snowco Lab...
j
Jody
Eating Dirt
I have an 11 month old girl who has just started eating dirt on her morning runs. She is still on Eukanuba Large Breed Puppy and a small meat bone once a week as a treat. I noticed her coat looks very dull but she is shedding her winter coat now. Does anyone have any...
Views: 368   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 18, 2007 10:10am
by Jody
Favorite Puppy Dewormer and Schedule
Hi - time to begin a worming schedule for my pups. I've always used Evict DS as directed on the bottle, and Evict is available all over including Petsmart. What product do you use, what schedule do you follow, and where do you get it?
Views: 414   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 18, 2007 9:18am
by Diane Wehrheim
d
Debi
Vermillion SD Shows
Quick question. I entered the Vermillion SD shows 6/30 & 7/1 expecting majors..not even close this year. I have 4 dogs entered, 1 dog needs majors so I will pull him. I have the only special. I have a dog and a bitch that both still needs singles. My question is who...
Views: 317   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 18, 2007 7:46am
by Debi
e
Ellie
loss of a great one
Dr Lynn Marie Maletz, veterinary surgeon who founded Schwencksville Veterinary Medical Arts died June 12 at her home after a courageous battle with pancreatic cancer. Lynn was 52 years young. I have known Lynn since 1984. She was an excellent surgeon and a wonderf...
Views: 910   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 17, 2007 9:44pm
by Kris/Cascobaylab...
Wal-Mart Sale
I went to Wal-Mart and the Labby welcome dog with he sign and the Labby with puppies and a solar light are on sale right now. Most are scratched but easily fixed with a magic marker they will give you 10% off on the already marked down Labby stuff in the garden depar...
Views: 654   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 17, 2007 7:06pm
by Bargain hunter
Pups Profleece
Anyone done the research (so I don't have to :0) on the best place to purchase this product? I would think a company here in the U.S. would have cheaper shipping than the actual makers in the UK?
Views: 528   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 17, 2007 2:19pm
by Susan
shy puppy
I have a 3 mth old female lab pup which I kept out of my litter who's very shy around people. Does any one have any helpfull ideas for me? Once she's familar with whomever she's your typical pup. I left her with my neighbors for a hour today & had to get her out from...
Views: 639   Replies: 18
Last Post: Jun 17, 2007 1:07pm
by Breeder-3
contact information
i need contact information for Mr.Norman Grenier and Mr.Rusty Howard. Thanks for your kind help
Views: 511   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 17, 2007 1:07pm
by gurvinder cheema
Good Breeder Vet needed ASAP near Columbia SC
A friend of mine recently moved to Swansea, SC, and the vet she started with SEDATES for pre-whelping x-rays!!! She of course turned around and walked out, and is now in relatively urgent need of a vet that is breeder friendly and savvy. It looks like her girl is g...
Views: 326   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 17, 2007 12:22pm
by Nancy Rudgers
looking for Lab breeders in Maine
Does anyone up in the Portalnd area know of the multi breed breeders labradors are listed as one of the Other Breeds at the the link at the top of the page? http://maineberners.com/index.html
Views: 511   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jun 17, 2007 11:00am
by Mainer, in the P...
C section litters
If a dam has had her 2 last litters via C section, do you think that is something that runs in lines? I will be breeding my bitch in the fall for the first time, and I wonder if the mom had 2 large litters in the past and had a C section for both, is that worth ke...
Views: 527   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 17, 2007 10:39am
by Nancy Rudgers
lepto shots /what age puppy?
What age do you give pups lepto shots - 16 weeks? Thanks
Views: 350   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 17, 2007 8:22am
by Christina T
? about the other forum
Anyone know how far the archives go back for the Woodhaven forum? How far do they go back for the Wicoy forum to? TIA
Views: 862   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 17, 2007 6:30am
by anonbreeder
deworming
i need some suggestions,how you people give deworming tablets to your dogs.I feel very difficult as they resist.I mean to say what is the best way.
Views: 291   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 17, 2007 12:36am
by gurvinder cheema
Evangeline's Maestro
With a heavy heart I allowed my special boy to enter the "rainbow bridge". I'm sure many of you remember him when he was WD, BOW at the Miami Valley specialty in 1997. What a proud moment that was! I still drink my coffee from the mug he won from the open black cla...
Views: 630   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 17, 2007 12:34am
by Robin
Stud Fee/contract
I know that contracts can be just about what you want them to be as long as both parties agree. I had someone approach me about using my male as a stud. I like the bitch and both of us are new to the breed and breeding. I don't care about a fee as long as my exp...
Views: 510   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 16, 2007 9:35pm
by ron
Re: Upcoming Pittsburgh Specialty
havent' gotten the schedule in the mail yet. Are class sizes and times posted anywhere?
Views: 380   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 16, 2007 8:10pm
by Mel
Odor
What are you doing to combat the dog yard odor? I've limed the yards, used bleach water, used the dish soap/mouthwash/ammonia recipe, use PDZ/Stall Dry and NOTHING seems to help with the dog urine odor. Does anyone have any other remedies or solutions to the problem?
Views: 545   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 16, 2007 5:42pm
by Breeder-3
Works GREAT for kennel cough. Sharing
Oxytetracycline injectable (Liquamycin LA-200)....can get at Tractor Supply. 1 or 2 drops in each nostril for 3 days (don't forget to remove the needle):) along with amoxicillion and cough syrup, gone in a few days. Be sure and use a cough syrup with a cough suppress...
Views: 4325   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jun 16, 2007 5:38pm
by Breeder-3
Penn Hip users
Those of you who penn hip the puppies you keep at a young age, do you redo the xrays at a certain age? OFA or another penn hip? Or do you go simply on the ratings you recieve on them as pups? Just curious.
Views: 520   Replies: 19
Last Post: Jun 16, 2007 8:13am
by nybreeder
Why so many "crofts"
Why so many "crofts"? I did a count and there are at least 20 plus kennel names with the word "croft" in their kennel name. I just wondering how this came to be?
Views: 626   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 16, 2007 8:01am
by Breeder Two
AKC's litter registration discount coupon code - HELP!
I too am in need of a AKC Litter Reg. Coupon Code. I only breed once every year/ year and a half (our last litter was January 2006). These codes are giving with an expiration date of usually 30 days, hence Breeders that don't produce a litter every 30 days or less a...
Views: 437   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 16, 2007 7:51am
by Southland Breede...
vaccinating with mild staph infection
Would you hold off on a puppy's second vaccination if he is currently being treated for a staph infection? Thanks
Views: 297   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 16, 2007 12:48am
by Witness to abuse
Needing a couple of AKC Litter Reg. Coupon Codes
If anyone has an extra valid coupon for registering a litter I would appreciate it if you would email me the coupon code. Thanks in advance and I'll be happy to do the same in the future when it's needed.
Views: 722   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 15, 2007 11:12pm
by Nancy Rudgers
l
Laurie
Eating at lightning speed
Just wanted to see what others do who have dogs that scarf down their food so fast that they don't even chew? I took a small lawnmower tire and put it in the food bowls so they would have to move it around to get the food. Well, they picked it up, put it off to the s...
Views: 483   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jun 15, 2007 6:54pm
by Tari
Greater Boston Results - Day 2?
Looking for results.
Views: 524   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 15, 2007 6:18pm
by bev
Greater Pittsburgh
Any entry breakdowns for the GPLC 2 day Specialty???
Views: 350   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 15, 2007 3:03pm
by crossfire@erols....
Front Loaders
Okay Everybody......we'd like everyone's opinion on the front loader Washer and Dryers. Will hopefully be moving into a new home in the near future, and we are looking to replace our current appliances. Who out there...........LOVES their machines? Lots to choose...
Views: 746   Replies: 21
Last Post: Jun 15, 2007 2:39pm
by JK
Showing a dog stuck on majors at non-major shows
There is someone in my area who has been showing her bitch that is stuck on majors at non-major shows, shows that mathematically could never be a major, even if the dog went BOB. This person is making a point of letting everyone ringside know that the bitch is stuck...
Views: 1249   Replies: 60
Last Post: Jun 15, 2007 12:30pm
by uh huh
HW meds
I've heard of some people ordering heartworm meds from Australia. Does anyone have a good resource to order from?
Views: 417   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 15, 2007 12:11pm
by Patty/Snowco Lab...
hydration/whelping
Do you give a bitch anything special to help with hydration during and/or after wheping? Pedialyte or similar product? I've noticed they sell special rehydration products in some of the dog catalogs.
Views: 402   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 15, 2007 12:05pm
by Joy
b
bev
Greater Boston Specialty day 1
any early results from the Greater Boston show? waiting anxiously
Views: 680   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jun 15, 2007 11:38am
by Wendy M
Las Vegas area breeder that does rescue or lab rescue group?
I'm inquiring to see if there is a Las Vegas area LR club, rescue or a breeder that does rescue work. I am not from the LV area but have friends there. There was a situation where two families were trying to take care of a stray boy outdoors for a week. Unfortu...
Views: 306   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 15, 2007 7:04am
by JK
optigen we are thrilled
Am/Can Ch Ebonylane's Kid for Cranbrooke( BISS Am/Can Ch Linray's Over the top x Ch Serengetti back to Ebonylane) who is Quest and Andie's sire was optigen tested at the loc( at the age of 10.5 years old) and has come back NORMAL CLEAR, Andie's Dam is Ch BLuesouth'...
Views: 679   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jun 15, 2007 2:31am
by Who's on first?
weakness in rear
Any suggestion as to what may cause weakness in the rear. This has happened to two of my girls, neither have been together, both OFA good in hips, it's not a tick born illness. Both girls can barely get up to a standing position, once up can walk but not strong in th...
Views: 682   Replies: 26
Last Post: Jun 15, 2007 2:13am
by S.Allets
Potomac And Pioneer Valley
I have some videos and pics from Potmac and Pioneer Valley shows,anybody need these please email me i will love to share these great moments.
Views: 443   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 15, 2007 1:44am
by gurvinder cheema
Lab Laughter
Hi All, Time to give you all a good laugh with a true story. This email was sent to me this morning from one of my puppy buyers. Buttercup is the daughter of my Bianca. Carol gave me permission to post this. Enjoy, Sharlene --------------------------------...
Views: 483   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 14, 2007 10:23pm
by eJay
Co-ownership of a male/Registering a litter
Just one question in this category - when a male is used as a stud and it comes time to verify that it is your stud that was used in registering the litter, do both co-owners have to sign off or can just one? I know that for b**** that one co-owner can register the...
Views: 539   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 14, 2007 9:57pm
by Nancy Rudgers
l
Louise
New dog food &cat mail at the bottom of 2 mailings from Dr.John Again!ASPCA
Hi louise kling It's Dr. Jon again and I wanted to give you another update. I appreciate all of you that have emailed me. It's been a few weeks since I sent you an email about the recall. Just when I thought things have been relatively quiet with the food r...
Views: 615   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 14, 2007 8:46pm
by Louise
c
Chris
National
I have looked and looked for the dates of the conformation judging at the National. Will someone direct me to a reliable source?
Views: 563   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 14, 2007 5:58pm
by Chris
j
Jill
Mini Tube
I recently did my own little **in house** mini tube study using their Canipro 5 extender. This is definitely some pretty cool stuff. I collected Robin last Friday, added the CaniPro5 and set it in the refrigerator. I've been checking it every couple of days and of...
Views: 843   Replies: 20
Last Post: Jun 14, 2007 4:48pm
by Deep South
AKC and Bills Being Passed
I'm pretty much politics illiterate and just curious what lobbying and such that the AKC does to maintain the rights of breeders. Not just say they're trying to do this or that, but truly getting involved in the politics of it all. The NRA has been fighting for the...
Views: 379   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 14, 2007 3:03pm
by Rycroft Labrador...
t
Trish
Canine Influenza
FYI: On Wednesday May 23, 2007 a dog presented to the Burke Veterinary Clinic in Burke, Virginia with symptoms of acute onset of fever, nasal discharge, cough, innapetance, and reluctance to move. These symptoms are consistent with several diseases, but the hi...
Views: 411   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 14, 2007 2:07pm
by Joy
Hey Tina from Tyric! Fiesta have her puppies?
I thought she was due soon? Have been waiting for announcement. Anyone else know if Tina is busy with puppies?
Views: 520   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 14, 2007 1:51pm
by Sneaky Pete
Liver bait
Does anyone kow where to buy this or how to make. A purchase place would be best though. TIA
Views: 399   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 14, 2007 12:27pm
by Gina in PA
Breeding on prelims
This post is not asking about the good and evil of breeding on prelims. All I want to know is what is the youngest age a boy should be prelimmed before he can be used. I guess what I am asking is this: Those of you who will breed to a dog on prelims, what age do you...
Views: 860   Replies: 25
Last Post: Jun 14, 2007 10:02am
by historical persp...
anyone ever use tuna in a bait recipe?
I came across a bait recipe, "Tuna Brownies". I've always made the liver bread bait... has anyone ever tried making and using tuna brownies type show bait?? And if so, any tried and true recipes to share? I'd also be curious as to bait recipe that call for chi...
Views: 382   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 14, 2007 9:31am
by Nancy Rudgers
a
Anita
Labs
Hello, can anyone tell me at what age afemale lab reaches her adult height? Thanks.
Views: 422   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 14, 2007 12:40am
by Anita
l
LAUREN
HOW LONG TO STAY ON PUPPY FOOD
HOW LONG SHOULD I KEEP MY DOG ON PUPPY FOOD HE IS 14 MONTHS TODAY AND A SHOW PROSPECT, ANY IN PUT WOULD BE APPRECIATED
Views: 567   Replies: 20
Last Post: Jun 13, 2007 11:16pm
by Breeder 2
puppy eye color???
Could anyone tell me at what age in a puppy will you see their true eye color? I have a litter of 7 week old puppies and their eyes still seem so light....bluish a bit. Thanks for any information you have to offer.
Views: 476   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 13, 2007 11:15pm
by Breeder 2
Wal-Mart and Lab stuff
I recall a post that had some really cute items from Wal-mart that had Labs like garden items and outside things. Anyone remember what the items were? I'm going shopping later. TY
Views: 646   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 13, 2007 11:14pm
by Breeder 2
New champion... CH Gingerbred Crouching Tiger JH, CD
A huge congratulations to Christine Tye on finishing Tigger today! This handsome boy is now AM CH Gingerbred Crouching Tiger JH, CD!!
Views: 568   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jun 13, 2007 11:14pm
by Breeder 2
c
Cory
Veterinarian Animal Cruelty Charges
I'd like to punch his eye out! I always go with my animals at the vet's office. Veterinarian Faces Animal Cruelty Charges AP PHOENIX (June 12) - Arizona authorities arrested a veterinarian Monday on suspicion that he hit a five-pound Chihuahua in the head so...
Views: 622   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 13, 2007 11:12pm
by Breeder 2
Article on AB 1634
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/state/20070610-9999-1n10spay.html Make sure you read the wacko comments. One person compares breeding to smoking... Huh????
Views: 253   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 13, 2007 11:11pm
by Breeder 2
p
Paulo
Is there anybody going to AUSTRALIA ??
Dear friends, I'd like to know if there's somebody here who is going to Australia, and could pick up a dog for me there. Sorry to disturb all of the participants, but it not too easy to get someone flying so far. thanks to keep in touck by private e-mail, pc@di...
Views: 509   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 13, 2007 11:10pm
by Breeder 2
Another Gingerbred champion.... Ch. G. Pasta Luna!
What a weekend for Chrisitne Tye! First she finishes Tigger yesterday, and today Noodle! Congratulations yet again, for ANOTHER CHAMPION! Noodle, a multiple specialty WB winner, is now AM CH Gingerbred Pasta Luna!! She is BISS CH Saddlehill Struttin in the Moonli...
Views: 591   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jun 13, 2007 11:09pm
by Breeder 2
d
Dianne
Hair Supplement
Do any of you use any kind of supplement that might help the coat . I've done the warm bath and brushing but thought maybe a supplement might help get his coat back . TIA
Views: 457   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 13, 2007 11:07pm
by Breeder 2
l
Laurie
Sex of pups
I understand that male sperm swim faster, but die quicker. If you breed a bitch and apparently catch her late in her cycle, how many of you have had mostly males? Apparently we bred Onyx on the late side of her cycle, and by x-ray she is only having 2 pups. Now I am...
Views: 430   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 13, 2007 11:06pm
by Breeder 2
l
Laurie
weight gain in puppy
Well, my 2 male pups were born on Monday, and although she was fed well, and all appear normal, both pups were small. The smallest male was 8 ounces, and the other male was 11 ounces. I have another litter that is 2 weeks old, and there are 9 pups in that litter that...
Views: 302   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 13, 2007 9:48pm
by El
n
Feeling Shoulders
What are breeders looking for when evaluating a puppy and they feel right between the shoulders? TY
Views: 672   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jun 13, 2007 9:32pm
by yes!
c
Corey
ARGH! Be careful entering online through Infodog
A friend who has a pup I bred entered him at Boston, and the all breed shows that follow. She used Infodog for a Rau show. The pup is not entered. Calls to both Rau and MB-F confirm this. The folks at Infodog calmly told her this happens all the time, and she should...
Views: 585   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 13, 2007 8:38pm
by Nancy
Bunch of punks
This is not the place to bash someone. If she reads this forum and everyone does even though they won't admit it. The details here are so explicit that I'm sure she will figure out she's being slammed here. Tip toeing around her name and calling her "clueless" isn't...
Views: 771   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 13, 2007 8:05pm
by nother breeder
l
Lori
Entropion in 6 week old puppy
I have a six week old puppy, who was a runt & only weighs in @ 3+ lbs right now. At what age would you have entropion tacked? She is on a medication at the moment. Who would you have perform the surgery, your vet or an opthamologist? I'm in CT.
Views: 479   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 13, 2007 6:54pm
by Mel
Who is moderating?
Would the person moderating this list please contact me? Thank you, Dian
Views: 674   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 13, 2007 5:25pm
by Breeder28
HELP !!!!!!
Hello good day. Excuse, as radiografia to a dog for displacia is the correct form to take one him from hip?
Views: 747   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 13, 2007 12:18pm
by patricia richard
Iragorri
someone can help me with information on how to find Marco Iragorri, please. Alguém pode ajudar me com informação em como achar Marco Iragorri, por favor.
Views: 578   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 13, 2007 12:09pm
by patricia richard
VOTE TODAY!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19122794/ Please vote no.
Views: 511   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 13, 2007 11:35am
by Patty/Snowco Lab...
l
Leeda
6 year old female Lab problem??????
I have just come home to see one of my girls straining and doing circles trying to have a BM and eliminate something......She is not confortable and won't let me touch her.....What can I give her as a stool softener to help her have a BM or eliminate what she has????...
Views: 618   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jun 13, 2007 11:29am
by Patty/Snowco Lab...
Transport Rescue Labs Help Needed
CROSSPOSTING PERMITTED AND APPRECIATED!!! ACO Chandra Davis works extremely hard to find loving homes or reputable rescues for the far-too-many dogs that find their way into the shelter that she runs in South Fulton, Tennessee. She even works closely wit...
Views: 421   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 13, 2007 11:17am
by Amy OtterTail
NY Times Article mentions "silver Labradors"
Interesting canine DNA article from the NY times: "The gene responsible for those silver-coated Labradors, for example, is tied to skin problems." The URL was very long, so I used "Tinyurl" to shorten it. It takes you right to the NY Times article: http://tin...
Views: 703   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 13, 2007 8:58am
by MT
Purina food question
Purina One, Pro Plan and Purina Beneful. Do you think all are the same? Or, Pro Plan being the most expensive be the best? I see one of these were affected by the recall according to the website.
Views: 626   Replies: 19
Last Post: Jun 12, 2007 11:29pm
by Gina in PA
c
Candy
Update Regarding the Paul Stapleton Post
This is very interesting... I just read the other day via a post on this site as well as through an email the whole story of how Paul was dishonest about his intentions when looking for a dog back in March. He had emailed me at the time "looking for a family pet,"...
Views: 589   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 12, 2007 8:04pm
by Candy
Ohio Legislation Concerns
I just looked at the Ohio legislation site. Looked up the two bills concerning dog ownership, etc. HB 223 had the letters ANR after it. SB 173 had the letters SLG after it. It seems that neither bill is being voted on at the moment but I was wondering what the le...
Views: 254   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 12, 2007 4:53pm
by Red Birch
b
Brian
Broadway's Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
Does anyone have any info on this dog? I saw him at a show awhile back but haven't gotten to see him again lately. I know he is in Canada. Does anyone have a website I can go to see him? Thanks in advance.
Views: 590   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 12, 2007 2:19pm
by Lovely Photos
l
Louise
Fraud By Paul Stapleton back in the last week of March 2007
Good Morning, Louise Kling Here I am getting ready to post on the forum it has been a nightmare here since Tuesday. I have Duke back here with me the boy I placed with Paul Stapleton that contacted the rescue. With wanting an older dog for his lonely girl. If you r...
Views: 1223   Replies: 30
Last Post: Jun 12, 2007 12:52pm
by Louise
AKC hosts Legislative empowerment seminar in Long Beach CA.
***** PERMISSION TO CROSSPOST ***** DOG OWNERS' RIGHTS ARE UNDER ATTACK!! Learn what you can do to fight back! AB1634 "continues" to plague us! Here is an OPPORTUNITY for you! AKC Canine Legislation Department Presents: LEGISLATIVE EMPOWERMENT SEMINAR...
Views: 236   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 12, 2007 12:15pm
by Gina in PA
We encounter these every day here...
"The Lumberjack Song" Based on the performance by Monty Python "The Cyber Troll Song" Parody by Parody Potter I'm a cyber troll and I'm okay, I troll all night and I flame all day. He's a cyber troll and he's okay, He trolls all night and he flames all day....
Views: 762   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 12, 2007 12:09pm
by no name
Here is an idea - Biscuits Against AB1634
Biscuits Against AB1634 Just this week, the fans of the TV show "Jericho" were able to save their show by showing just how popular it really is... they banded together, each donating a small amount of their own money, to send 20 TONS of peanuts to the CBS headq...
Views: 306   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 12, 2007 11:09am
by Gina in PA
Itchy *itch*
My girl has been itching for years. I tried everything and could not find a cure. About a week ago, the itching mysteriously stopped. She is also gacking. I had her to the vet and after x-rays, blood work and a very thorough exam, she was found to have no o...
Views: 446   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 12, 2007 10:36am
by Another Breeder
j
JK
Science Diet Lite
If anyone is feeding Science Diet Lite canned dog food, you need to check this article. http://www.itchmo.com/read/lab-find-toxin-in-unopened-unrecalled-pet-food_20070612 An independent lab has confirmed that the food contains cyanuric acid, but Hill's has not reca...
Views: 346   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 12, 2007 9:10am
by JK
New Jersey AB 2469 Needs your attention!
I posted on this one a while back. This is overly broad and contains language that could affect field trials and hunt tests as well as breeders. This is the one that makes you a pervert if you a dog's "intimate parts" No more parking lot AIs ;o) Also pet owne...
Views: 275   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 11, 2007 7:07pm
by Christina T
Re: Pittsburgh Specialty
Are the entry numbers for Pittsburgh posted anyway too? Does anyone have this info yet and can post?
Views: 380   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 11, 2007 5:30pm
by Gina in PA
Tanbrae site/Optigen
Anyone else having a problem with the site ? Trying to view over the week end and nothing. Tryed to submit a few weeks ago and that is not there either. Know she is busy alot from what you all have said in the past. Just use it some for stud hunting.
Views: 443   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 11, 2007 2:10pm
by Breeder Two
Lost Semen
Has anyone ever have Fed Ex lose semen? And have you collected the insurance money? If so, who gets the money? I have heard all kinds of stories. Input would be greatly appreciated.
Views: 658   Replies: 29
Last Post: Jun 10, 2007 8:37pm
by Nancy Rudgers
OT: Movement to have AKC move Euk Challenge out of Long Beach needs your support
crossed-post with permission from another list: The swing votes yesterday in the passage of AB 1634 by the California Assembly came from two Long Beach Democrats: Karnette & Richardson. They obviously think "their dog show", the AKC/Eukanuba Nationals, will no...
Views: 520   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 10, 2007 7:39pm
by Down Under
Urine leaking in 2 year old spayed bitch
A puppy buyer contacted me asking about her girl. When she has a "busy day" in resting position she wil leak some urine. Only happens on end of her busy days. I was hoping to get them to check hips. One of my thoughts is calcification on hip joints causing pinch of...
Views: 486   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 10, 2007 6:53pm
by JMO
New Laws
As these new restrictive laws are introduced and seeing success in more and more places, I begin to wonder what I would do if faced with these laws in my home town. Frankly, I would probably become a criminal. I wouldn't license or register my dogs. I would go u...
Views: 478   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jun 10, 2007 5:40pm
by Future Con
What to do?
Promising 6-month-old puppy with a case of the puppy uglies. Do you show him anyway for the experience, knowing that eventually he'll come together? Or do you wait until he's matured? Liz
Views: 684   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 10, 2007 5:06pm
by Donna
One tooth in front causing 'off'' bite
From never having this for years I seem to be having a rash of it lately... One tooth on front (top) is sitting behind the bottom teeth. The true bite (ie occulusion) is perfect, it is like the tooth was 'caught' behind when growing in an was pushed back. Any th...
Views: 407   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 10, 2007 4:59pm
by LV
Have a little respect
OMG! I can't stand it any more!!! I get embarrassed every time I read this forum and see grammatical and spelling errors all over the place. Sometimes they are funny. Other times they just make the writer look uneducated. An uneducated breeder won't get the resp...
Views: 935   Replies: 55
Last Post: Jun 10, 2007 4:10pm
by tombarlabs
Can. Ch. Weymouth's Best Bet at Beechcroft
I have to tell you all about the weekend this 11 month old puppy had. She was handled by Lorie Chamaschuk with help from Brian Proctor. Bet was bred by Susan Laxarchick out of Ch. Beechcroft's Study in Black and Ch. Waymouth's Temple Treasure. First show is an al...
Views: 793   Replies: 17
Last Post: Jun 10, 2007 8:57am
by Heidi @ Paradigm
b
barb
interesting thought
These states that are considering manditory spay neuter don't even have their facts right. Here in NH, and I am sure we are not unique, we DON'T have a dog overpopulation issue, we don't have many strays. Our state vet medical association believes our spay neuter p...
Views: 496   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 10, 2007 12:29am
by Gina in PA
n
Nancy
Good idea for anyone traveling with dogs too..
http://www.usef.org/_IFrames/newsDisplay/viewPR.aspx?id=2132
Views: 490   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 9, 2007 9:38pm
by Nancy
Supported entry shows
Have you ever thought of taking a little vacation in the White Mountains of NH just as the leaves are starting to show their colors? or maybe shopping at factory outlets and NO SALES TAX and to boot show your labradors. Carroll County Kennel Club sponsors a 2...
Views: 489   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jun 9, 2007 7:06pm
by breeder
m
Mel
Overeating
Two of the dogs just got into a bag of food and I cannot tell how much they have eaten. I was wondering what would be best - just wait and see if they will be alright - or - give them something to make them vomit the food ?
Views: 437   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jun 9, 2007 3:09pm
by M. Bickford
Re: Greater Boston Entry Numbers?
Can anyone please post the entry numbers for the upcoming LRCGB specialty, including sweeps. Thank you
Views: 318   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 9, 2007 2:56pm
by breeder
Visa
I know this is a dumb question, but who is the dog on the AKC Visa Card?? Does anyone know?
Views: 590   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 9, 2007 1:05pm
by JanG
Best way to get lactating mom's coat back?
My yellow bitch who is currently still nursing, has developed some pretty bad looking bald patches on each of her sides...they almost look like they match. I know that lactating mom's coats can end up looking rather bad, patchy and ratty, but I've never seen bald pat...
Views: 351   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 9, 2007 12:33pm
by Christina T
Summer is here !
How are you keeping your dogs cool ? We have no lake or anything near by. It has gotten so hot so fast. Love others ideas.
Views: 360   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 9, 2007 11:45am
by CoolMom
Re: Bostone Specialty Entries?
Can anyone post the entry numbers the upcoming LRCGB show? what's the breakdown including sweeps? Thanks
Views: 285   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 9, 2007 11:11am
by breeder
Cataract information ?
I have a female Lab about 9 1/2 yrs. Just all of a sudden her eye is looking milky. She has been Cerfed for years. Does this not show up on Cerf ? What do you do ? She does seem hesitate to come and go out as usual. Will she go blind ? Could it be something else ? J...
Views: 307   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 9, 2007 10:15am
by Breeder Two
Not again?
I would appreciate other's experiences with overbites. I have a litter of 4 1/2 week old puppies and one of the little boys has an overbite about 2 match sticks wide. The litter is from a bitch who had two overbites in her last litter and was bred to a different...
Views: 502   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 8, 2007 11:03pm
by breeder1
A new pup going home to Canada.
This one if for anyone who has ever sent or shipped a pup to Canada or our Canadian friends on the forum. I have a lovely family who I have been speaking with for sometime who are going to fly their private plane down to a local airport and fly their new pup home whe...
Views: 424   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 8, 2007 4:01pm
by Kim/Pirate
j
Jill
Specialty Results Page
I've just finally caught up and updated the Specailty Results page. If anyone has the complete results from LOC, please send them to me and I'd be happy to add them. Also, if your dog is listed on the results page, and you'd like to add a picture, please feel free...
Views: 499   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 8, 2007 1:51pm
by JanG
INFO on CA AB 1634
Cross-posted with permission Updated text for AB 1634 is on-line already at the PetPac site, so I relay that link along with the grassroots effort "Save Our Dogs" and again, always, The Animal Council website, which has excellent background and points to rem...
Views: 241   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 8, 2007 12:44pm
by Gina in PA
Cat Poop
One of my puppy buyers has a big problem with the neighbors cat pooping in his yard. The poor puppy is eating it of course and getting very sick. Anyone have any ideas of how to keep the cats out?? Thanks:) And no, they don't want a Pit
Views: 363   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 8, 2007 12:40pm
by just a suggestio...
hey Potomac people... District of Columbia is NEXT!
If you live in the district of columbia This AFFECTS you! This came from a CAT person BTW! CROSS POSTED Fanciers; The dreaded District of Columbia ordinance, called the "Animal Protection Amendment Act" is here !!!! This is a serious affront to pe...
Views: 397   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 8, 2007 12:32pm
by Gina in PA
l
Louise
Need to find last week of March on forum HOW!!!!!
I have been trying to get to the last page for the forum of March 2007 how do I do this need information from that page to post an urgent message on the forum! I can only get to the last page for the last week of April. This is a very sad thing that happened to one...
Views: 407   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 8, 2007 12:21pm
by Grammar Police
Ohio/Senate Bills...Need ideas PLEASE!
Here goes, and I don't mind saying, I am extremely nervous about posting this as there were only 2 responses the last time. This forum can get pretty hairy but there is also some of the best advise that comes out of here and when the moods are good, some good laughs....
Views: 209   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jun 8, 2007 10:27am
by Anon for now.
The Dangers of Flea Meds
yesterday I had the scare of my life... as long as I've been doing dogs I've never been so panicked I've been doing some research and found that the least toxic of topical flea meds was Cyphenothrin, a synthetic pyrenthin, so I got some for the youngsters well Star...
Views: 483   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 8, 2007 2:37am
by Breeder of an 11...
PVC Play pen/ THANKS AGAIN PHIL!!!
Built the second PVC play pen, not quite as easy as the first but it sure is nice! As I was building it I got the "brain storm" of making a "pup hut", I built a small frame out of PVC and plan to put duck canvus over it, they sell the waterproof stuff...I haven't pic...
Views: 309   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 8, 2007 12:50am
by S.Allets
Litter Reg. without written permission online
I had a former co owner register a litter online without my written permission and things aren’t good between us due to that and other things. I called the AKC and was told that they suspend and or fine people for doing this. I was just wondering if the AK...
Views: 609   Replies: 28
Last Post: Jun 7, 2007 9:47pm
by Annon Breeder
Blowing coat
We have a Specialty coming up in 6 weeks and 1 girl with too much coat usually, blowing like crazy. Would you strip it all out, bath her is warm water and supplement,(she is on good food) and hope like ****? What would be everyone's best advice in this situation or...
Views: 359   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 7, 2007 8:42pm
by hmhm
Results - feeding pregnant bitch regular food throughout pregnancy
We had been having a discussion about feeding the bitch during pregnancy and I promised to post what I thought. So here goes - remember, this is just one anecdotal example, not a scientific study. I changed my bitch feeding practice for this litter. Previously,...
Views: 358   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 7, 2007 8:36pm
by Linda
vendor who raises money for breast cancer awareness
What is the name of the vendor selling merchandise in order to raise money for breast cancer research/ awareness? Does she have a website? Barbara
Views: 350   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 7, 2007 7:28pm
by Barbara Roosevel...
Pitiful puppies.
I have 2 puppies thatI just banished to the yard for awhile, they have carried my shoes off, pulled the phone out of the wall, tipped the garbage, tore up the newspaper..which, by the way, I haven't even read yet and are dragging my throw rugs all over the house........
Views: 476   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 7, 2007 6:18pm
by "Bibsmom" Val...
Actually, AB 1634 *DID* pass today...
with votes of 41-38 according to what I heard. So, it goes to the senate next... We certainly have our work cut out for us. What a tragedy for the dog fancy and those who are in it for the "right" reasons.
Views: 428   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 7, 2007 3:39pm
by Debi
supplements
I was going thru some old copies of posts I had printed off the forum. I found one that mentioned not giving fish oil to pregnant dogs due to an increased risk of cleft palate. I checked with my repro. vet. She said she always give her girls fish oil. Has anyone else...
Views: 291   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 7, 2007 2:51pm
by Marie
Puppies, heat lamps, cold towels
We've also had some discussions about what room temperature to keep for newborn litters, and how fast the pups start to regulate their temperature. My current litter started out 17 - 18 1/2 ounces, and as I always had, I put a heat lamp over one corner. 24 hours la...
Views: 280   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 7, 2007 1:03pm
by Oy Vey
Would you?
Would you breed a bitch again who produced allergies in a litter (singleton litter) and had no history of allergies herself?
Views: 697   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jun 7, 2007 11:50am
by Jen Cordero
chilled semen to Mexico ???
Can anyone who has shipped chilled semen to Mexico please email me. Thanks!
Views: 355   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 7, 2007 10:18am
by Bonnie Hall
AB1634 Did NOT pass today!
I have just called all of the 8 Assembly Members listed below. Some were kind of short with me, which tells me they are getting a lot of responses from the opposition. Ms. Walters office told me that she is planning to vote NO, so perhaps we can spare her off...
Views: 367   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 6, 2007 11:52pm
by A.Harlow
Persistent Pupillary Membranes
I was interested in a nice male only to find out on the cerf web sight this guy has PPM (Persistent Pupillary Membranes)it sounds like it can or can not be inherited anybody know anything about this?
Views: 574   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jun 6, 2007 9:54pm
by Nancy Rudgers
Crate Pans
I have foldable, stackable midwest lifestages wire crates. Recently I had to order plastic ABS replacement pans, which didn't last half as long as the origional pans that came with the crates. I don't want to use metal because they can get cold and are prone to rust...
Views: 478   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 6, 2007 9:48pm
by Nancy Rudgers
3 weeks post whelp problem
Normal whelping 3 weeks ago. Pups starting on solid food and doing well. From out of nowhere, the bitch gets cramps then spikes a high fever 105.6 F. Abdomen feels hard. Fever goes down to normal and the bitch eats normally (Innova and Pro Plan Puppy). Then the...
Views: 474   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 6, 2007 9:43pm
by Linda
Litter sizes
Are litter sizes in bitches heritable? Are some lines prone to small litters and some larger?? My girl's mom had large-ish litters and her sister has small-ish ones, so I'm wondering where she might fall.
Views: 437   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 6, 2007 9:07pm
by breeder
Lab speciality photos???
I know there was a link awhile back for a site with photos of one or more lab specialites... Anyone remember where it was??
Views: 356   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 6, 2007 2:53pm
by AnnaH
Puppy back in lieu of stud fee
Just wondering if there's a protocol for a puppy back in lieu of stud fee. Where does the stud dog owner stand on the list of puppy buyers?
Views: 516   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 6, 2007 2:06pm
by Nancy Rudgers
PVC Play Pens.....Easy to build! Thanks Phil!
I went to the site that Phil posted for "Thanks", the PVC play pens are great, I built mine today, I made the one with wire as it seems like it would come apart easier for starage...it's nice, AND LITE! I bought the supplies for the other design, hopefully I'll get t...
Views: 497   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 6, 2007 1:38pm
by Jackie, Black Sa...
Elbow rating question
I am visiting with a friend who is a breeder and she led me to your list. I am on her computer using this list and a couple of others while she cooks dinner for her family. I am interesting in using a Stud Dog and I am on his breeder's site right now. I was...
Views: 488   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 6, 2007 11:43am
by New to the list
a
Amanda
Supplements
Hi! I am sure that this topic has come up many times before, but I am new to the forum...so here goes. What is the feeling out there about giving supplements to dogs? I am talking about MSM and those types of things. I give my older boy Synovi MSM, I am hoping th...
Views: 399   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 6, 2007 11:39am
by Patty/Snowco Lab...
m
Moma
How much does your pregnant bitch weigh?
How much weight do you feel your bitch gains with each pregnancy? How much do you feel is too much? Saw a bitch and I am sure it was not puppies in there!
Views: 279   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 6, 2007 10:50am
by Joy
j
Janet
LRCC
The premium list has now been posted for the LRCC being held in July in BC Canada. You can see the premium at www.westerndogshows.com Our judge is Mrs Marion Hopkinson ( Rocheby) and sweeps is Mrs Nina Mann (Harbortop) There is also a speciality for All Retrievers...
Views: 533   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 6, 2007 10:08am
by Kim/Pirate
k
Kellie
Sap in hair
My 8 month old puppies have gottn sap in their hair and we have a show this weekend. I have tried shampoo without any progress. Any ideas on how to get this out of their hair without cutting it? It is all over them. Thanks
Views: 324   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 6, 2007 9:37am
by JK
Earthworms and dangers
I have been asked to post this saga here so others will be aware of this potential danger. The following is the journal of our recent experience: DeDe began giving birth on Wed, April 18th, but was not due until the 21st. She had 6 live pups and labor stopped....
Views: 582   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 6, 2007 9:36am
by Marian Gardner
heritability of puppy cellulitis
Would you remove a puppy from your breeding program if he had puppy cellulitis? In orther words, is an immature immune system inheritable? Thanks
Views: 468   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jun 6, 2007 9:32am
by Anon
Marion Hopkinson in Canada
When and where is the specialty in Canada where Marion Hopkinson is going to judge?
Views: 477   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 6, 2007 12:13am
by Canadian Breeder
j
Jean
Congratulations!!!!
Congratulations to Brian and Elly Hawkins for their Major on "Robbie" under breeder judge Lisa Weiss-Nolechek at the Farmington KC show today!!! Way to go Robbie
Views: 759   Replies: 19
Last Post: Jun 5, 2007 8:44pm
by Susan
l
Linda
Eastern Ontario Labrador Breeder's Specialty, July 28 & 29
The Eastern Ontario Labrador Breeder's Association invites you to include a trip to our beautiful province this summer. We are less than an hour from the border at the northern end of I-81, near Watertown, NY. The venue is a new site, with more shade and grassy area...
Views: 439   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jun 5, 2007 4:55pm
by M. Bickford
Congratulations Team Buttonwood!
Traci & Ellie Stintzcum's handsome young boy "Stetson" aka Buttonwood Stone Cliff True Grit picked up his first points going WD/BOW at the PA shows yesterday and today...in the form of back to back majors!!! Nothing like coming out of the gate FAST!! CONGRATULATION...
Views: 583   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jun 5, 2007 4:48pm
by Mar-Moye
Ohio Bill HB 223-Can be a problem for responsible dog owners!
For those dog owners in Ohio, please carefully read the proposed bill HB 223. It has some good things but many items that will not be good for responsible dog owners. Needs lots of work before it should even be considered for a vote! Please read and contact your...
Views: 435   Replies: 23
Last Post: Jun 5, 2007 3:37pm
by Very Concerned D...
Floor Surface for Kennel
In your experience, what is the best surface for the floor of your inside kennel building? Thanks.
Views: 298   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 5, 2007 2:16pm
by shalane
How to know who is the owner of my dog
Please help me. I don´t have my akc pedigree, I have gone over and over to the akc web page and don´t know how to see who is the owner of my dog. I have the Registration Number and that´s it, but don´t know where to lok at the AKC. All the help...
Views: 629   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 5, 2007 1:17pm
by MK
z
ZB
Sealing Kennel Floors
I am planning to seal/paint my inside kennel floor. I have painted it in the past, but the paint peeled and I had to scrape it off. I now have an epoxy shield basement floor coating(the kind that you sprinkle the paint chips on top) and was planning to apply that, bu...
Views: 457   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 5, 2007 12:51pm
by Sallie Wright
Possible problem with Iams large breed
Full Article: http://www.itchmo.com/read/lab-reports-cyanuric-acid-in-dry-food_20070524 EXCLUSIVE: Lab Reports Cyanuric Acid In Unrecalled Dry Food May 24th, 2007 Itchmo has learned that a toxicology test reported the presence of cyanuric acid in an opened ba...
Views: 481   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 5, 2007 12:37pm
by Gina in PA
The "I Want to Breed My Dog" Phone Call
I just got one of those phone calls we all dread - "I just got a puppy, when can I breed her..." Yes, this puppy was "won" at an auction and well, you all know the story that goes along with that. I put on my "educator's cap" and told him about health clearances, t...
Views: 524   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 5, 2007 12:11pm
by Trina/Brinleywoo...
Help
Hi everyone, I am a Maltese Breeder in need of some advise. I had two babies that were born on the 31st. Mom did not open the bag to one of them and she died. The second baby I am thinking opened the bag himself with his little toenails. Anyway mom is not a good mom...
Views: 655   Replies: 23
Last Post: Jun 5, 2007 11:35am
by Hattie
help me please !!!!!!!!!
Hello good day... I finish discovering this forum, I am of Durango, Mexico and I have 2 labrador retriever a black and a yellow, buys them for show, can Beforehand thank to me tips for one better exhibition to all the forum. Edgar Barretero
Views: 587   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 5, 2007 11:19am
by Latin Breeder
Ivermectin dosage? Question for a vet
I buy my heartworm prevenative from my vet for my 7 but it is getting very expensive! I understand I can but it at the farm supply store and then get on line and try to figure out the dosage. Why is this a prescritption in the dosage for dogs? If dosing pigs or ca...
Views: 463   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 5, 2007 11:05am
by Jen Cordero
Congrats Anne! (Springton)
Heard through the grapevine your girl, Blue, took WB Friday at Wrightstown! I loved both your yellow and black puppies who I saw at Potomac... I guess would be the black!? She really is lovely! Valerie
Views: 482   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jun 5, 2007 10:17am
by Dan & Sharene Cl...
TVD Question
Wondering if anyone out there knows a website on a recent study of TVD in labradors. From what I read, it says it is congenital. I have also read were they think if could be genetic? I always thought it was, but am now not sure. If it is genetic, is it a recessive? L...
Views: 649   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jun 4, 2007 10:08pm
by Annon Breeder
For those who know the swimmer pup Chance
Hats off to Joan-Tulgeywood Labradors for her care of Chance during his rehab. Here is the update and the original story. For those that have or will have a swimmer pup it shows you how much can be done. This was an advanced case caught later thanks to rescue work....
Views: 463   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 4, 2007 10:04pm
by barb
t
thanks
kennel ideas
I'm in the process of building a kennel/boarding facility. Would love to see pictures or hear ideas of what works best for you. I've been to SO many websites but the kennels themselves aren't shown. I would also like to hear the "if I had it to do over again" stories...
Views: 611   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 4, 2007 8:50pm
by Phil
Top 10 Labradors for April!!!
1. Sharays Nikolas of Whidbey 2. Owlings Ninebark Woodsman 3. Salty Dog of Tampa Bay 4. Casbars Hart to Hart 5. Hyspire Slim Shady 6. Ghostones Hollywod Blond 7. Catch Cedarhill Sharpshooter 8. Belledins Bit of HOney 9. Janlons Light My fire 10. Lobuff Hyspi...
Views: 1173   Replies: 45
Last Post: Jun 4, 2007 7:25pm
by Dian Welle
CH Kashlin's Minnie Me WC
Huge congratulations to Tim and Laura Mohr on finishing Millie! She is now AM CH Kashlin's Minnie Me WC!! Along the way she won multiple specialty WB, multiple specialty RWB, and a Best in Sweepstakes!! Way to go Mohrs!!
Views: 549   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 4, 2007 7:09pm
by Diana
LOC specialty BRAG
We are very pleased that Bluesouth's Dream a Lil Dream ( Am/can Ch Ebonylane's KID for Cranbrooke x Ch Bluesouth's Cassiopeia) went Best in Sweepstakes ( 77 puppies entered), and also her sire Am/Can CH Ebonylane Kid for Cranbrooke( BISS Am/Can Ch Linray's Over the...
Views: 449   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 4, 2007 5:33pm
by Dawn van Nostran...
d
Diane
Cataracts
Well I just had a young dog not pass her cerf. Do to a cataract. Anyone have any ideas, other then this being a genectic thing. Would it be a cataract from an injury.? I know that happens in humans. Does it in animals.? What a surprise. Just sick over this. It's...
Views: 440   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 4, 2007 4:25pm
by Diane
Sex of pups in litter question
I know there's an old adage about the sex of pups in a litter, has something to do with timing of breeding etc. Does anyone remember what it was? Also, from a repro point of view - I was told second hand through a repro vet that one or the other sex was stronger...
Views: 487   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 4, 2007 4:08pm
by Annon Breeder
GPLRC Closes Wednesday
Greater Pittsburgh LRC Closes this Wednesday. Fax your entries to be safe. Bob Peters dog shows www.bpdsonline.com This is Bob Peters last show as a superintendent and we are honoring him with a cake etc. (It's a surpise) He has superintended many Lab and Go...
Views: 241   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 4, 2007 12:32pm
by Gina in PA
a
Anne
Wet down,or not wet down...that is the question!
OK, so at our last HOT specialty, we were discussing if it was advantageous or not to hose the dogs down to cool them off.Here were some thoughts..cool the groin area that lowers the temp. Don't spray with water, that only gets the outer coat wet. Don't hose down, th...
Views: 639   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jun 4, 2007 12:28pm
by Gina in PA
b
Beth
Mosquito repellent for young puppies
My 6 week old puppies are outside a lot now. Can someone suggest a safe mosquito repellent for them? Thanks
Views: 395   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 4, 2007 12:13pm
by S.Allets.
Age to send pups home?
What age do most of you send your pups home? I'm hearing anywhere from 7 weeks up to 12-14 weeks. I have been sending mine home at 8 weeks but I keep the 2 or 3 that I may be running on much longer. Do most of keep your PQ pups longer than 8 weeks?
Views: 478   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 4, 2007 11:34am
by Lois Engel
l
Linda
LOC - preliminary results
BOW and BOB went to Paradoc's Tabatha's Caillou, (Tabatha's Sport X Tabatha's Paradocs Kali) BOS went to Ch. Hunterleigh's Gracie, (Dickendall Davaron Gable X Tabatha's Morning Glory) I did not catch who got Best Puppy. I'm sure more complete results will...
Views: 453   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 4, 2007 11:34am
by Bluesouthlabs
o
Oy Vey
Spotlight Dogs and one special pic
Great lineup everyone and Jill your Trifecta graphic/picture is beautiful. For anyone who hasn't taken a look, it's worth it, beautiful Labs, beautiful pic. Congrats on the "Trifecta" win! Michelle
Views: 714   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 4, 2007 10:27am
by Susan
wrentham?
has anyone heard any results from the wrentham shows yesterday and today? not sure if they are supported, but there are breeder judges lisa weiss and barbara barfield.
Views: 567   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 3, 2007 9:01pm
by jen l
75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84
Free Forum powered by Bravenet