Start a New Topic 
75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Natural Balance Food Recall
From the Natural Balance website: www.naturalbalanceinc.com "NOTICE: July 21st, 2007: Castleberry Foods Voluntary Recall on HUMAN FOOD includes Natural Balance Eatables for Dogs. UPDATE: July 22nd, 2007: There have been no consumer complaints or reports reg...
Views: 348   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 23, 2007 11:55am
by tail crazy
about skin
Do all yellow labs have pink colored skin and blacks have greyish skin,or something different
Views: 390   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 23, 2007 11:27am
by Don't know
h
HRLRC
Huron River LRC - Working Certificate on 8/18/07
The Huron River LRC will hold a Working Certificate on Saturday, August 18th, 2007. The test will be held in Howell, MI with easy access from the expressway. We will also hold a picnic during this same time. Complete details are available on the club's website. Th...
Views: 290   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 23, 2007 11:26am
by HRLRC
Why buy a pet from a show breeder
Is there an article already written that I could link to from my web site? Thanks!
Views: 854   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 23, 2007 1:11am
by Judy Heim
NFL, Michael Vick and the Humane Society....
if anyone wants to support the Humane Society's campaign to get the NFL to take a hard line against Michael Vick's participation in dogfighting, please do so. Here's the link. https://community.hsus.org/campaign/US_2007_dogfighting_nfl2/forward/ine75ks4pd5jbj3...
Views: 809   Replies: 21
Last Post: Jul 23, 2007 12:00am
by Another Labrador...
Ch Windfall's Pipe Major
This evening "Major" went home to Ron Cogo and joyfully greeted the Windfall girls and his kennel mate boys, Rusty, Player, & Cutter. The house is not quite the same without Annie, but Ron is coping and Major will help bouy up Ron's spirits. Pauline
Views: 1004   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 22, 2007 11:49pm
by Kinsey Labrador ...
LLRC - Day 2
Just got off the phone with Valerie Jones -- we have a repeat. Master Blend is BOB and Echo, Ducktales And On and On, is WB and BOS. Echo now has back-to-back 5 point majors but since there weren't three judges she is not yet a Canadian champion. The girls are bus...
Views: 579   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 22, 2007 11:36pm
by Linda
How much hip swing is normal for a 16 wk. pup
I have a 16 wk. pup and am hoping to show eventually. While walking outside this evening I noticed she has a really loosey-goosey hip swing going on LOL. Is this normal at this age? Will it firm up a bit as she gets older?
Views: 558   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jul 22, 2007 11:17pm
by :-(
Fox Reds
I am an interested potential Labrador owner. I have fallen in love with the shade of yellow known as fox red. This is a permissable shade according to the AKC breed standard, but some people have told me they might have health problems. Is this true? Also I have...
Views: 643   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 22, 2007 10:23pm
by Question?
Optigen Test
Does anyone know how long it actually takes to run a test? Not the turnaround time, but the amount of time it would take someone, sample in hand, to set up and run the test and get results? Thanks for any input.
Views: 602   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 22, 2007 9:20pm
by Peggy Stevens
Canada
A special thanks to the Knox Family, Al, Kathy and Wendy and also to Marco Iragorri from Mexico, what a great team all of you have made. You all are putting the name of Mexico in Big Letters around the world, thank you. Does Marco know all of this, has anybody...
Views: 439   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 22, 2007 8:15pm
by Knoxes and Irago...
IDEXX LABORATORIES FOR PROGESTERONE TESTING??
At one of the main veterinary practices that I use they are using IDEXX as their main Lab. I would like to use them to do my progesterone testing. I have not used IDEXX for progesterone testing...only Antech Diagnostics and one repro vet I have used uses Omega Labo...
Views: 1370   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 22, 2007 4:42pm
by Good Info
Swimming and Ears
All my dogs are now enjoying the pool we just put in for the family (yeah right) they (the dogs) are loving it, no room for the family. We had them in mind the whole time desiging the pool with plenty of step area and swim outs for them to get to. What do you do fo...
Views: 452   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 22, 2007 4:12pm
by Susan
Nita-Nee Show Saturday
A HUGE congratulations to my dear friends John and Barbara Sebalusky of Whispering Pines Labradors. Also to Pete and Ann Tyler who own and train several of John and Barbara's boys. Today, under judge Judy Webb, they won the following... Winners Dog and Best of W...
Views: 612   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 22, 2007 10:07am
by Anne
f
Fran
Senior Companion
Back on July 16 I posted a question asking if it was wise to get another senior lab for my senior lab. Well, the responses were so supportive and nice. I was contacted by a breeder who had a yellow lab, mine is black, just a little over a year younger. I am so anx...
Views: 520   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 22, 2007 9:07am
by Diane@purcell
m
MEXICO
Mexico in Canada
Hanova IRAGORRRI master bend. Mexico making a name now in Canada. Congrats to Wendy, Guinness and Marco Iragorri, Viva la Mexico
Views: 513   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 22, 2007 8:29am
by MEXICO
Canadians
Brothers from the north. Don't forget to put the results of the specialty where the Hopkinsons will judge this week end. Please.
Views: 525   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 21, 2007 11:51pm
by VIVA MEXICO
SVLRC Specialty
The premium just came out, anyone going? It's Aug. 31 and Sept 3.
Views: 587   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 21, 2007 8:41pm
by cindy Ellis
Spider bite
Last week I noticed that one of our dogs had a lump under her eye about the size of half of a golf ball and it had a pea size sore on it. It was weeping a bit, but did not look infected. I took her to the vet within 1/2 hour of noticing it. The vet kept her for th...
Views: 537   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jul 21, 2007 10:36am
by El
FUNNIEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD
One morning at the Hospital a lady called me and told me she thought her dog had worms. Okay. What do they look like I asked. Hold on, I have to ask my Husband...He said they look like Spaghetti. I proceded to tell her she needs to weigh the DOG and call me back...
Views: 927   Replies: 22
Last Post: Jul 21, 2007 9:55am
by getting in the s...
Camera Killer
I just bought the Olympus C-7000 Zoom 7.1 MP and I don’t know much about digital cameras. The problem I’m having is the camera is so slow between pictures. Every time I have the shot I try to take the picture and it takes about 3 seconds before it takes...
Views: 645   Replies: 24
Last Post: Jul 20, 2007 9:09pm
by nancy barnett
OFA / Optigen news
Haven't had a second yet to go to the OFA site, but just got the LRCP newsletter which tells of the OFA July/August 07 news about OFA requirements to receive a clear by parentage certificate. Basically, sire & dam of said dog must be Optigen tested as well as dog ap...
Views: 571   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 20, 2007 7:16pm
by valwhalen
g
Gayle
Hunting mentor
Does anyone out there start your dogs on feathers, etc. in the play pen? I'm looking for some help to do this properly. I have SEVERAL books but would still like to speak with someone on the matter. I would really appreciate a mentor if anyone is interested. I LOVE...
Views: 601   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 20, 2007 3:55pm
by Darlene
Adequan
I'm trying to find a better price on Adequan for my folks - it's what keeps their old guy going. I have heard that the canine and equine versions can be used interchangably, and the equine is often less expensive. Does anyone know if you can use the equine version...
Views: 648   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 20, 2007 3:47pm
by Marci
Subbmissive urination
Need some help with this one i have a 11 month old female she just finished her first heat cycle since the day i got her at about 3months old she pees all over the place I have tried everything not looking her in the eyes talking real soft walking her on the leash...
Views: 517   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 20, 2007 2:00pm
by Rich R.
Male pup question
At what week do you usually check for testicles to have dropped ? Is it usually by 6 weeks, 8 weeks and when do you worry ? Are some lines just slower ? Know I will get alot of good experience with this one, but need to know.
Views: 702   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jul 20, 2007 11:45am
by always hopeful
Too much love.
I know we have alot invested in these litters and have dreams of having that perfect show champion in there. I am awful with staying close and being so careful, but reading some of the notes from the last few days made me wonder. Do we leave anything to mother nature...
Views: 1055   Replies: 35
Last Post: Jul 20, 2007 10:54am
by Another reply
Need advice
About a year or so ago I sold a puppy to a man claiming he was just starting out in the breeding business. As it turns out he was grossly misrepresenting himself. While he does not have a lot of dogs he does have some. My biggest concern is that I sold him a puppy...
Views: 1001   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jul 20, 2007 12:01am
by RJS
full size van, I need input
I am considering selling my grand caravan and getting a full sized van. I am not really sure what I will be gaining. Can anyone tell me how many crates you can put in a full size van? Do you have the one w/ double doors on both size and how important do you think tha...
Views: 599   Replies: 25
Last Post: Jul 19, 2007 9:03pm
by Carla Hyndman
Color Genetics
I have a chocolate female who has produced two outsatnding full brothers from two different litters. One carries yellow and the other doesn't. I am wondering is their anyway that she doesn't carry yellow. I doubt it can skip a generation, but am not sure and was...
Views: 476   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 19, 2007 4:37pm
by Patty/Snowco Lab...
Fun Match
Can you bring a dog that is Limited Registration to a Match Show? What about a neutered male? I ask because my friends daughter came with me to a show and said she like to give it a try and I thought a Match would be fun for her
Views: 446   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 19, 2007 11:48am
by MK
Re: LOVE these dogs!
It just doesn't get better than this! My current litter is 4 weeks old and growing like weeds! I let their 8 month old 1/2 sister in the house to meet them and it was love at first site! She just couldn't get enough of them. She finally jumped into the whelping bo...
Views: 643   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 19, 2007 9:37am
by Susan
d
Debbi
Raised puppy pens
Does anyone use raised puppy pens? We have one that we built years ago, but I was wondering if anyone knows where I could purchase one already made? I have searched a few kennel manufacturers, but none of them have what I'm looking for. TIA!
Views: 684   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jul 19, 2007 9:27am
by shalane
NEW CHAMPION
Congratulations to Wendi Huttner and Wes who became Champion Balrion Weathertop Nor'Wester CGC this past weekend. Way to go WES! Watch for Wes as he adds a CD to his ever growing list of titles. I'm proud of you both. Julie
Views: 917   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jul 19, 2007 2:38am
by Jackie, Black Sa...
k
Karen
Albon
It never fails. We have a litter of almost two week old puppies and we already have coccidia. There is no mistaking it! I have the liquid Albon oral suspension 5%, but at 2-3 pounds what dosage should I give and how often.
Views: 812   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 19, 2007 1:38am
by How?
camping reservation for Canfield
I won't be able to attend and paid $75 for 3 nights...does anyone want this? I see it is non-refundable. It was for Thurs, Fri, and Sat. Not sure if it would even work--but I didn't read that it was not transferable. I don't want any money for this.
Views: 380   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 18, 2007 6:20pm
by anyone need it?-...
HELP WITH STEALING BEHAVIOR!!!
Ok, I'm at my wits end...my boy has been stealing EVERYTHING, including toilet paper. I have had to 'lab proof' my entire house and shut every door. He can't even play near my kids because he's constantly stealing their toys. He thinks it's a game and I'm pissed!...
Views: 719   Replies: 28
Last Post: Jul 18, 2007 4:08pm
by FV
Memory Book for Annie Cogo
The memorial service for Annie last Friday was very special and I know all of us that could make it enjoyed our memories of Annie!! As the pastor spoke, he talked about Hope, Faith and Love....Love being the thing that will bind us all together by knowing Annie. A...
Views: 748   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 18, 2007 2:51pm
by Debbie
Is there a Lab Rescue in Michigan?
I've been contacted by someone needing to place 2 Labs who's owner recently died. Any help on who to contact would be appreciated. Thanks.
Views: 397   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 18, 2007 1:32pm
by Dani of CMLRN
a
Annie
Puppy Reunion
Hello All! Thought I would ask if anyone can help me with some good ideas for our puppy reunion coming up at the end of the month. I would love any silly contest ideas and such...I already have the obvious ones, best sit, down, down stay etc. One owner wants a pean...
Views: 566   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 18, 2007 12:34pm
by Annie
Looking for dog-friendly hotel near the airport in Hartford, CT
I will be meeting a couple of friends at the Hartford (?) Airport this upcoming month for a weekend trip, and will be bringing a dog with me for the company. My friends get in early AM, and I would like to get there the night before so I don't have to get up at...
Views: 222   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 18, 2007 10:15am
by Yellwlab (Liz)
Montcalir NJ - Ordinance on Tethering and penning
This is in Montclair, NJ. Linda http://grayhart-weimaraners.gotpetloversonline.com/ ----- Original Message ----- From: bhaynet1 To: NJDogLaw@yahoogroups.com Sent: Friday, July 13, 2007 7:07 AM Subject: [NJDogLaw] Re: FW: URGENT - Montclair Anti-Chaining...
Views: 633   Replies: 34
Last Post: Jul 18, 2007 6:02am
by Lab Breeder
Rose City Sweeps Results
Best In Sweeps: Breckin HySpire Promiscuous Girl (Ch. Sureshot HySpire Impressive x Breckins Phoebe) Breeder: Gretchen Boss Owner: HySpire Best Opposite Sweeps: HySpire Adrenaline Rush ( Same dog that was WB, and BOB) (Ch. Boradors By George x HySpire Cavanaugh...
Views: 920   Replies: 22
Last Post: Jul 18, 2007 12:44am
by Diane S
re: Rose City or ....the price we pay (sometimes)!
I am sorry to be slow at posting this, but I just finally got home from Rose City @ 3:00 this morning! I want to second everything that has already been said so eloquently by Judy Heim and the others - Rose City rocks! It's the highlight of my summer - so far....
Views: 652   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 18, 2007 12:41am
by Diane S
Good-bye to Annie Cogo
This afternoon Annie Cogo of Windfall Labradors died after a valiant battle with suffering a massive stroke on July 3. Annie will be cremated. Final arrangements for services are incomplete and will be posted some time tomorrow. A condolence card and/or a donation...
Views: 2389   Replies: 73
Last Post: Jul 17, 2007 6:48pm
by Wilhelm Chang
mini tube web site
Wanted to know if anyone out there has the web site on the mini tube? Need instuctions on collecting and inseminating.
Views: 492   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 17, 2007 6:22pm
by Julie Sturman
l
Laura
E-mail down
my e-mail/computer is on the fritz. If you're trying to reach me, or if I just haven't responded to your email, please call. I am not getting my emails. Thanks, Laura Reich 248-969-6998
Views: 481   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 17, 2007 6:19pm
by Laura
j
Jen
Another newbie question
I am wondering where the best place is to advertise puppies until my kennel makes a name for itself? We have high quality and great bloodlines. After what we put into our bitch and stud for clearances ect we plan to ask $1000 for the puppies. Both mom and dad are...
Views: 578   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 17, 2007 4:07pm
by Jen
t
Tina
OT- regarding Brittany breeders also affiliated with Labs
If there is anyone out there that is very involved in Brittany Spaniels, please contact me privately. I'm looking for lines in pedigrees and personal contacts of a well known breeder in Canada who had many lines running in the US- Jack Clark - I believe his kennel na...
Views: 408   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 17, 2007 3:44pm
by Tina
Whelping Box ?
Hi all, We're planning our first litter for next year, and we're getting our check list for supplies and things we will be needing. Well , on top of the list is a whelping box and we want to make one. How big should one be for an avrg. size Labrador bitch(around 6...
Views: 513   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jul 17, 2007 2:41pm
by GaetaCreek Labs
Hip Dysplasia study
This was emailed to me - the gal's email address is near the end: Hi, my name is Erica Canaday. Mark at UC Davis asked me to help him find some participants for a study on CHD. They are hoping to map the entire gene sequence for dogs with this affliction. The stud...
Views: 621   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 17, 2007 10:36am
by RJS
b
bev
Rose City Labrador Retriever Club code for optigen clinic
hi all! we just drew blood on 6 dogs here and realize that in order to complete this on-line we now need the "code" have e-mailed a cpl of folks and left a message but thought this might be a quick way to hear from someone? tia for any/all help bev
Views: 438   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 17, 2007 10:01am
by bev
t
Tina
Anyone from WI/IL going to Harrisburg PA shows??
Trying to save a puppy buyer a long road trip or flight if possible. anyone going to the Harrisburg show in August that is heading back to IL or WI area that can accomodate a youngster?? Private emails are fine!
Views: 463   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 17, 2007 9:47am
by Lab nut
Underwater birth????
Ya think you have heard it all and then last week I had a conversation with a Pit Bull breeder who said he whelps his puppies underwater. He uses a plastic pool with a few inches or so of water and the puppies are born underwater??? Never hear of such a thing. I did...
Views: 653   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 17, 2007 9:24am
by g
Keeping puppies from getting squished that first few weeks
I was wondering what everyone else does to get some sleep during the night that firsts few weeks your dam whelps her litter ? Because of fear that my dam will lay on her puppies or one of them will crawl under her and behind her, I literally get but a couple hou...
Views: 694   Replies: 22
Last Post: Jul 17, 2007 8:46am
by Long Time Breede...
"SOD BOX" method
My pups are raised inside my home and I had a puppy buyer email me with this........ A much preferred way to introduce pups to good potty behavior is to have a SOD box area just off the birthing bed. So as soon as they struggle to leave the nest to poop/pee they fi...
Views: 639   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 16, 2007 10:11pm
by Leslie K.
f
Fran
Elderly Lab
I have a 12 year old retired female. We got her from a breeder and we are her retirement home at age 7. I have often wondered if it would not have been better to get another retiree so they could keep each other company since she came from a situation where she was...
Views: 731   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jul 16, 2007 10:06pm
by Leslie K.
Puppy Buyers Come Back
Is it just me? I have yellows available and no inquires at all. This is very unusual…I usually have more than I can handle for yellows. Just wondered if this is going on all over.
Views: 780   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jul 16, 2007 9:56pm
by michigan breeder
Change of Judge at upcoming Salem VA shows -- Sunday Aug 5, 2007
Just wanted anyone interested in these shows, which close this Wednesday, that Andy will NOT be judging the Sunday show (New River Valley Kennel Club) as stated in the show premium. He has back surgery scheduled and feels that he is unable to bend over adequately to...
Views: 410   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 16, 2007 7:34pm
by Marti Anderson
e
El
Corneal Ulcer
My mom's lab scratched his left eye on freshly pruned bushes and now he has a corneal ulcer. This happened approximately 1 1/2 weeks ago. He's being seen by their vet and has had the corneal stain. I'm wondering about the meds they have him on. They are giving him at...
Views: 431   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 16, 2007 4:52pm
by El
How many dogs do you live with?
My family is accusing me of being a dog hoarder. All of my dogs get all the vet care they require, they are happy and healthy, and I place those who don't work out for my breeding program. I live with 4 Labs, and 1 cocker, and 3 Havanese, and 1 Bolonka (small rare...
Views: 899   Replies: 38
Last Post: Jul 16, 2007 1:00pm
by jane harford
Non-refundable deposits
I know that there are many of you that do not accept deposits before a litter has been born and I respect that. This question is for those who do accept deposits when planning the litter please. I am not knowing what to do. I have accepted a deposit for a litter t...
Views: 920   Replies: 62
Last Post: Jul 16, 2007 12:21pm
by Gail
Timing of the first vaccination till the 2nd one
I normally give my puppies their first shot when they are between 7 and 8 weeks old. I have this situation come up where I kept one puppy for a family so they could go on a vacation. I'm afraid that by the time they come get their puppy after their vacation, they may...
Views: 436   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 16, 2007 2:51am
by Jackie, Black Sa...
k
kathy
Ch. Forestwood Purple Rain
Just thought I would like to congratulate Leslie Plank for winning Best of Breed today at Riverhead KC under Pauline Mortier. Ch. Forestwood Purple Rain ("Shelby") was owner handled by Leslie . Congrats! (And congrats to Corey for taking BOS yesterday----sorry I d...
Views: 795   Replies: 17
Last Post: Jul 16, 2007 2:17am
by J. Musella
Potomac clips
I am realy very sorry that any of my links did'nt work out as i did my very best. Now here is another simple procedure to watch Potomac Clips........ Log on to www.youtube.com and then put LRCP in search option and you will find out video clips.
Views: 408   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 16, 2007 12:07am
by gurvinder cheema
Puppy Buyer Blues
Imagine this….I have a puppy buyer threatening me with a lawsuit because I wouldn’t sell them the pick male. They knew the rules-of-the-road. I didn’t take a deposit…I never do because of all variables that can occur with breeding. They st...
Views: 969   Replies: 38
Last Post: Jul 15, 2007 11:39pm
by Annie
Mrs. Annie Cogo
I will always remember Annie, when I think back many years to a Specialty I attended in Ohio. Annie knew I loved her dogs and she also knew that before the show was over, I would try and get all of them from her and take them home with me. It always amazed me she wou...
Views: 770   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 15, 2007 10:54pm
by Steve & Shari
Antenna Tail
I have an 8-week-old puppy whose tail sticks straight up in the air like an antenna. Will that go away or come down? It’s even like that when he’s eating.
Views: 660   Replies: 23
Last Post: Jul 15, 2007 10:30pm
by I have a pup lik...
Getting a dog collected for freezing
Out of curiosity, who is your repro vet. I have good vets in repro and a dog with collection problems but they have never mentioned this. I use animal clinic Northview. This really in reference to a thread from a few days ago. I replied to it but it is so far down...
Views: 392   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 15, 2007 9:44pm
by BH
Northern Ohio Specialty
I've checked the premium list on the internet, but maybe I missed a page. Are the Open classes divided by colour? Thanks in advance
Views: 556   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 15, 2007 8:16pm
by LeeAnne Kiefer
Getting a dog collected to freeze
Any tips on anything we can give a dog to make his collection plentiful for freezing? Any special diet? Supplements?
Views: 434   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 15, 2007 1:46pm
by Intrigued
k
kdw
Rose City?????
Anyone out there have any definite Rose City results?
Views: 590   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 15, 2007 1:28pm
by Here Yah go! Wi...
j
Jen
Nature's Logic
Has anyone fed Nature's Logic kibble? I am considering switching to it and was wondering what sort of luck others have had? I currently feed Eagle Pack Holistic, but just feel like I want a change.
Views: 381   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 15, 2007 1:16pm
by Jen
j
Jen
first time litter with 4 stillborns
I had a litter this morning. It was my bitch's first litter. She ended up having 10 puppies. We had her x'ray'd last week and were expecting 9. She had a very normal, healthy pregnancy and a normal whelping. Although she did get tired. We had one stillborn that...
Views: 745   Replies: 19
Last Post: Jul 15, 2007 12:34pm
by Jen
Fox Reds
I am an interested potential Labrador owner. I have fallen in love with the shade of yellow known as fox red. This is a permissable shade according to the AKC breed standard, but some people have told me they might have health problems. Is this true? Also I have...
Views: 732   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 15, 2007 7:46am
by Dawn Nacey - Emp...
Puppy exercise
I have a very active 7-month-old puppy. I enjoy taking my older dog for walks through the woods 4 to 5 days a week. We cover anywhere from one to two and a half miles. I would like to start taking the puppy, but I don't want to overdo. Is a mile on a dirt trail 3 or...
Views: 529   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jul 14, 2007 11:27pm
by anon
d
Diane
Dogs getting closer to there new ride. Revised.
The dogs have narrowed down the new ride.But the DH insists on the Chevy HHR,Which when I saw it at the dealership. I thought OMG you have to be kidding.Diffently a man thing on that one. The ugliest thing I have ever seen. + its only 4 Cyl. But I better ask if anyo...
Views: 635   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jul 14, 2007 9:00pm
by Diane
Appeal to your generosity!
I've been spending a lot of time over the past few days writing and sending emails to various businesses to request donations for Labrador Life Line's September auction -- and it suddenly hit me that I should be posting right here as well!!! For those of you who don...
Views: 552   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 14, 2007 8:54pm
by Barbara Roosevel...
Golden Gate LRC supported entry 8/4-5/07
The Golden Gate LRC is having a supported entry in association with the Richmond Dog Fanciers show August 4-5, 2007 in Dixon, CA at the Dixon May Fairgrounds. Enties close July 18, 2007 with MBF as the superintendent. Puppy Sweepstakes only (NO veterans sweeps) en...
Views: 336   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 14, 2007 7:07pm
by Joyce~Ancient Oa...
Summertime Alert for Dogs Who Swim
I know this was talked about before, but this link has more info. http://www.whole-dog-journal.com/news/toxin_warning_for_dogs_who_swim.html
Views: 616   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 14, 2007 5:29pm
by Susan/Weymouth
not showing *your* pick to buyers
It has been suggested on here that you not show any potential puppy buyers "your" pup. I'm not sure how you could do this as I do not breed unless I want something for myself and have at least 5 people who also want a pup. Then according to all I have read (and exp...
Views: 519   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 14, 2007 4:59pm
by Cindy Lindow
Do you hide your picks?
How do others deal with showing the litter to buyers who are already approved? I always have a few picks in the litter and sometime the pet people notice there is a difference whether it is more coat or a different looking head. They seem to feel like they are gettin...
Views: 895   Replies: 25
Last Post: Jul 14, 2007 1:59pm
by Southland Breede...
b
BH
Digestive Enzymes
Just curious how many of you use digestive enzymes? If so what kind do you use and where do you get them from? What health benifits did you notice after starting them?
Views: 375   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 14, 2007 12:23pm
by Jackie, Black Sa...
Congratulations!
Today littermate sisters took Winners, in two different states. First, Beachbrooks I have a Dream, Cora, earned her first two points at the Riverhead KC under judge Carl Liepman. Cora was shown by , Carynne, granddaughter of breeder/owner Emily Magnani. Then a...
Views: 522   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 14, 2007 8:29am
by Kris/Cascobaylab...
s
secret
gift suggestion
Can anyone recommend a website that has nice lab related gifts? I would like to buy a gift for my friends' anniversary.
Views: 477   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 14, 2007 7:27am
by Melody Losea
Specialty Calendar
I've made a few updates to the specialty calendar. I know that I've received emails with updates that needed to be made that were delivered to my spam mail folder and were deleted before the updates were incorporated on the calendar. Please review your club's inform...
Views: 381   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 14, 2007 5:49am
by michelle@infinit...
Video clips from Potomac
Just to refresh your memories i have some clips from Potomac,not so professional but i hope you like them. Right now i am posting 10 clips out of some 50 clips. Rest i will update daily.Here is the link http://www.youtube.com/my_videos If you feel any problem plea...
Views: 359   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 14, 2007 12:39am
by gurvinder cheema
Rose City Results?
Any results from Day 1?
Views: 591   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jul 13, 2007 11:36pm
by Sheila
breeding youngs stops growing
Hello every body, I am from Mexico, I have one question and what a better place for advice than this forum, I only have one bitch, she is a Mex CH, she is in season. I all ready pick the male, the breeder or owner of the stud says that he has not complete his growin...
Views: 663   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jul 13, 2007 10:51pm
by Ladies?
s
Sherry
Coupon for Litter Registration
I just registered my litter and upon receiving the litter packet in the mail this week, I have received a litter discount coupon that will expire 10/20/2007. I will not be having another litter until next spring so if anyone is interested in it, please e-mail me....
Views: 378   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 13, 2007 9:45pm
by newcomer
Judging Schedules
If you're entered at the LRCC National or any of the associated Specialties in Canada next weekend the judging schedule is posted: www.westerndogshows.com A great entry!!!!
Views: 354   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 13, 2007 9:35pm
by Sheila
Placing Pups/How do you decide which pup goes with which family?
If you make the decision on which pup goes with which familiy, how do you decide? For example, Alpha pup goes with what type family? Less confident pup goes with what type family? etc.
Views: 414   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 13, 2007 8:04pm
by Gerri Kennedy-Yo...
m
Maria
Educate Me! Choosing a puppy from a litter
Following up to the thread regarding the choosing of puppies for families, could some of you experienced breeders explain characteristics and behaviors of puppies and how you determine which pup goes with which type of puppy buyer/family? I would like to eventually...
Views: 538   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 13, 2007 3:22pm
by kdw
Help with stinky dog
Okay any ideas would be appreciated. I have a very stinky dog. It's July and it's hot here in NH and yet he has never had so much coat - waves and waves. He plays hard daily and I fill up the dog pool and he is my biggest wallower. I dry him with a towel and he s...
Views: 553   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jul 13, 2007 11:50am
by Listerine house
Progesterone Paranoia
My girl is on the second half of a split heat. She first came in in April and went out just as quickly. She is now back in season and when I had her progesterone done on Monday she was at 1.7 nanograms. Today she is at .7 nanograms. I am a little paranoid because sh...
Views: 477   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 13, 2007 8:43am
by kathyvmd
Video clips from Potomac
I am sorry b'cause i think that link was not working. Here are the new links. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivbdTZ-UPds http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TvaEZ52Jyk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOYCHjrx830 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AiKGOxqCGI http://www....
Views: 431   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 13, 2007 7:43am
by gurvinder cheema
s
Sherry
Weaning~~~Mastitis avoidance
I have my first litter on the ground and they are 3 1/2 weeks old.... all is going very well. They are eating gruel twice a day and Ciara nurses them regularly...not real often but regularly. She has 8 working faucets and 7 pups so as big as these puppies are I can n...
Views: 483   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jul 13, 2007 7:40am
by Sherry
average American CH age
What has been your average age to finish an American Championship (not International) for a well bred, nicely put together dog or bitch if you begin showing between 6 and 12 months of age on a fairly regular basis?
Views: 545   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 13, 2007 6:34am
by do-it-yourselfer
Re: Woodhaven Forum
Hey, what's up with the Woodhaven Forum? It's been done a while
Views: 833   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 13, 2007 2:25am
by Annie
Help! Puppy aggression??
I have recently heard from 2 different puppy buyers, that they are having difficulty with their puppies. They are now about 11 weeks old, and both families are having the same problem. Neither family has children. One family works from home and the other is retire...
Views: 552   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jul 12, 2007 7:23pm
by Lab Lover
d
Diane
Myth or Not age @8wks.
I just had a lady contact me several weeks ago. she was interested in a puppy. But insisted she recieve it at 7 wks. Because at 8 wks the puppy can go through trauma ( stress shipping stress. loud noises etc.. And if it does then it will never bond.So then it's usle...
Views: 767   Replies: 18
Last Post: Jul 12, 2007 3:08pm
by Leslee Pope
Kennel Cough contagiousness
Ok, after having kennel cough run through some of my dogs, when is it safe to reintroduce them back into the general population of dogs after quarrantine? My dogs were exposed to KC a few weeks ago and were isolated away from my other dogs. Several came down with...
Views: 372   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 12, 2007 2:53pm
by 14 Days
c
Chris
NEW CHAMPION
Congratulations to Patricia Collom and her new CH. Windrose Daffodil (CH. Winnies Block Buster/Sounder's Bacall, Santa Maria Kennel Club, Judge Richard H. Hilderman. All of your friends and very happy for you and Ed!
Views: 701   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 12, 2007 2:17pm
by Dan & Sharene Cl...
a
Angela
Memorial service for Annie
A memorial service will be held on Friday June 13th. The family will accept visitors from 10 am until 12. With the memorial service beginning at noon. Services will be held at Charles R Step Funeral Home 18425 Beech Daly Rd. Redford, MI 313-531-1888
Views: 1057   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 12, 2007 2:13pm
by Dan & Sharene Cl...
My Beloved Debbie
It seems insignificant compared to the loss of Annie Cogo... But today I lost my foundation bitch, Debbie, to a stroke also. Debbie was Am/Can CH SR Erinhill's Heybern Debutante CD JH RN CGC TD WC. Her daughter Tilly is a specialty winner. She has 2 other kids...
Views: 978   Replies: 18
Last Post: Jul 12, 2007 1:32pm
by Sharon(WigWag)
l
Louise
Lilly update
Hello everyone just a note to let you know I have Lilly home my vet released her to me last night. She is up and walking better today she ate and drank fine and was out to potty 3 times. No screaming anymore when I pick her up like yesterday when I went to pick her u...
Views: 585   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jul 12, 2007 1:06pm
by Louise
Rose City Results?
Anything from the Specialty today? Johanne
Views: 408   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 12, 2007 10:42am
by Kinsey Labrador ...
d
Dayna
Shawnee Mission LRC Specialty
I was wondering where I can find the premium for this Specialty. I went to the website but it only shows the dates and who is judging. I also tried Infodog and Onofrio. TIA Dayna
Views: 427   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 12, 2007 9:29am
by Dayna
Sticky Topic
This dummy needs some advice badly. I had a litter and sold the pick puppy by accident. What I mean by accident is I had the litter evaluated after he was sold to his “pet” home and then had my litter evaluated at 8 weeks by Pat Hastings and she said h...
Views: 883   Replies: 27
Last Post: Jul 12, 2007 9:00am
by Cindy Lindow
n
Reputable Vet that does hips/elbows in NJ
Does anybody here has any recommendations on a reputable Vet that does hips and elbows in Central NJ? TIA
Views: 451   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jul 12, 2007 6:20am
by newbie
b
Betsy
CA AB1634 Shelved
http://www.kcra.com/politics/13660376/detail.html Pet Sterilization Bill Will Be Put On Hold Levine Says Legislation Lacks Needed Support POSTED: 5:59 am PDT July 11, 2007 UPDATED: 7:36 am PDT July 11, 2007 SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- A controversial bill that w...
Views: 410   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 12, 2007 12:15am
by Robin
Vaccinate bitch ready to come into heat??
I have a girl who is due to come into heat anytime now who I'd like to breed. I just realized that she is due for a DA2P shot. Even if she came into heat tomorrow, she probably wouldn't be bred for a week and a half or so at the earliest. Would you vaccinate h...
Views: 260   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 11, 2007 11:45pm
by bdr
Urgent:Need Info On Lab Rescue in NJ, NY, PA
I am trying to help place an 8 yr old black Lab, male, intact (Jack). His 66 year old owner (Ed) died tragically while walking Jack when the owner was hit by a dump truck. It was just Ed and Jack for the past 8 years together and this poor dog is very depressed...
Views: 552   Replies: 17
Last Post: Jul 11, 2007 11:25pm
by Patty/Snowco Lab...
crying puppies
I have puppies that are 16 days old. We are experiencing some very hot weather. I have fans going but they are crying all the time.I have frozen bottles with them as well. Any tips or is there something wrong? Plus they havnt opened their eyes yet. Bit late isnt it?...
Views: 591   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jul 11, 2007 7:33pm
by Patty/Snowco Lab...
hyperkeratosis treatment
This is a post to a prior thread on 07-06-07. I've not been on the site for several days. Someone asked about treatment for a dog with hyperkeratosis. A dermatologist recommended the following treatment for my girl and it has worked well. She is on NutriVed Zinpro. I...
Views: 305   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 11, 2007 4:46pm
by Rachael
l
Linda
EOLBA Specialty closes today
Good Morning, Friends: Just a reminder that the Eastern Ontario Labrador Breeder’s Association Specialty (July 28 and 29) closes today. As a reminder, this show is affiliated with a 4 day all-breed show, so in total, there are 5 chances for points. The ven...
Views: 258   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 11, 2007 6:53am
by Linda
Annie Cogo
If I may, I would like to add my condolences to the long list of those appearing on your site about Annie Cogo. She is indeed a great loss to the world of Labradors. I will remembered her not only for her wonderful dogs, some of whom I had the pleasure to judge, but...
Views: 1234   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jul 11, 2007 1:30am
by Jey Hsu
swimming on these hot days
How many of you regularly swim your dogs, or let them get wet in one way or another during the hot and humid Summer? For those of you that do, I am curious.... do you have to thouroughly dry them each time to keep the dreaded hot spots away? I find it hard to be...
Views: 611   Replies: 21
Last Post: Jul 10, 2007 11:34pm
by Oy Vey
l
Louise
Very Sick Puppy in Vets
Ok everyone put your thinking caps on to try and save this 9 week old puppy. Was to the vet office on Friday sent hom on antibiotics fever 103.4 Did blood work white count up suspected an infection On amoxy . No strangels in the blood work. No Parvo either. Just s...
Views: 960   Replies: 25
Last Post: Jul 10, 2007 8:57pm
by Allison Hillius
Annie and her dogs
This may be too soon to discuss, but while Annie and her dogs are on everyone's mind, I would like to ask that anyone having good photos of some of her best, send them to me. I would like to sponsor a free memorial page or two for Annie in the next (2008) JBD and i...
Views: 1161   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 10, 2007 7:20pm
by Luis
My friends Annie and Ron
Annie was my friend. She helped my wife Laura and I get into labs. She sold Cooper to us as a puppy and thru Helen Bronson we got Piper's sister Brooke. We talked a lot over the phone but Tuesday was our special day as I had off.I called today; her voice is on the ma...
Views: 848   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 10, 2007 7:07pm
by Gary Witts
Haven't a clue
If I may ask for help from forum members: what in the world does "conversion default" mean in a pedigree? I surfed the web but all I can find are web pages of pedigrees where that term appears, but not a single page that describes, defines, or even discusses the t...
Views: 715   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 10, 2007 3:10pm
by Patty Streufert
To "B" or not to "B"
A little survey here. Who out there has knowingly bred to an optigen B boy? If you are a stud dog owner and own both A and B boys, what difference in numbers do you see in use of your boys? Do any of you hesitate to keep a B boy? Does anyone think our new...
Views: 778   Replies: 19
Last Post: Jul 10, 2007 11:51am
by Patty/Snowco Lab...
My dear friend Annie
I just got home from the hospital and wanted to let everyone know that some arrangements have been made. There will be a memorial service at Charles R. Step Funeral Home 18425 Beech Daly Rd. Redford, MI 313-531-1888 Day and time hasn't been confirmed....
Views: 1225   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 10, 2007 10:00am
by Laura
Baytril
My vet just prescribed Baytril for my 8 month old girl. But when I got home I read this: Also, due to potential joint and cartilage damage, it is often advised that Baytril should not be used in the younger canine during their rapid growth phase, approximately 2 t...
Views: 489   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 10, 2007 8:11am
by no good with med...
If you could ask any questions
A little survey here. If you found yourself in a room full of very successful breeders in your breed who had been doing this a long time- 30 years or more and again, with success- What questions would you want to ask them. You can name particular breeders you would...
Views: 1175   Replies: 29
Last Post: Jul 10, 2007 7:10am
by C.B.
Northen, IL Eye Clinic
I would like to announce that I will be holding an eye clinic at my house on September 15th. Dr. Daniel Betts from Iowa State University will be holding this clinic and can do up to 80 dogs a day. The cost will be $ 18.00 to $ 20.00 depending on how many dogs w...
Views: 376   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 9, 2007 10:44pm
by Steve & Shari
h
HM
crate pads
Looking for what kind of crate pads you all use in the summertime heat? My crew spends overnight in crates.
Views: 409   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 9, 2007 10:32pm
by BH
Northern, IL Eye Clinic
I would like to announce that I will be holding an eye clinic at my house on September 15 with Dr. Daniel Betts from Iowa State University. The price will be $ 18.00 to $ 20.00 per dog (depending on how many dogs we get signed up) Dr. Betts will stay for two da...
Views: 309   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 9, 2007 10:12pm
by Dawn Nacey - Emp...
Remembering Annie
Annie sent me the most hilarious jokes by e mail. I remember her bouncing over rough ground on her scooter in the ring. She was always ready to visit or answer questions. She looked so good at Canfield last year after her surgery. She had wonderful dogs and I hope...
Views: 771   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 9, 2007 7:39pm
by jen l
Remembering Annie
We had great fun in the good old days. Have a good trip Annie. We will meet again one of these days. Pam
Views: 817   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 9, 2007 7:38pm
by Pam Hansen
Monday morning update on Annie Cogo
This morning an EEG is being done at the hospital by a neurologist to check for brain activity on Annie. No results currently. Yesterday, Nancy Chargo, Sheila Norgren, Laura Reich, Cathy Culpert & I did a bit of tidying up on the house for Annie & Ron, plus several...
Views: 1127   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 9, 2007 5:05pm
by TLC
Hypekeratosis
Does anyone have any experience with hypekeratosis and how to treat it? I have googled the subject but am hoping that someone out there has experienced this and can add to the information I have found. thanks, Allison
Views: 566   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 9, 2007 2:35pm
by geezee
Ch Windfall Pipe Major & Annie Cogo
Laura Reich, Cathy Culpert, and myself went to see Annie at the hospital today. As Laura posted, no change on Annie's condition. Tests tomorrow. Her husband, Ron, is at the hospital and sleeps in her room. Neighbors & friends are taking care of the dogs, along wi...
Views: 1466   Replies: 20
Last Post: Jul 9, 2007 2:24pm
by Oy Vey
Update on Annie Cogo
As of this afternoon, Annie's situation is grave. She is totally on a ventilator at this time, with some other complications. Please continue to remember Annie & her husband, Ron, and their families in your prayers. Pauline, Nancy, Laura, Cathy, & Sheila
Views: 1442   Replies: 24
Last Post: Jul 9, 2007 1:59pm
by Susan ~ Fenwyck ...
r
Robin
Your California Veterinarians working for you!
AB 1634 will NOT pass because of the efforts of some veterinarians and others who have opposed this bill and what it represents. The CVMA (California Veterinary Medical Association) today has decided to withdraw it's sponsorship of AB1634. This is HUGE, as they we...
Views: 488   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 9, 2007 1:59pm
by Louise
Annie
First of all I want to thank everyone for the thoughts and prayers for Annie and her family. I just came home from the hospital and wanted to give everyone an update. Annie was placed on a venilator this morning and will have a feeding tube placed sometime today....
Views: 1474   Replies: 24
Last Post: Jul 9, 2007 1:55pm
by Louise
Congratulations!!
Beachbrooks Day Dream Believer aka "Eve" owned by Bobby Cataldo & Michele McGroarty & Emily Magnani went WB/BOW/BOB today at the Naugatuck Valley Kennel Club in Springfield. She is a beautiful girl and she looked *great* out there. WD was Killingworth Black Bas...
Views: 586   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 9, 2007 1:54pm
by WOW!
Another Spam Email
Need I say more: Anyone else received this and deleted it? Sir/Madam I'm admirer of very smart breed Labradors retriever,i have 10 Labradors in my kennel,yellow and black. All of them are Indian champions, one of them is Reserve dog of the year 2000-01 all breeds...
Views: 488   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 9, 2007 1:54pm
by tired of spam
Blue Eyed Labradors
I have just seen several photos of a litter of 8 week old silver "Labradors" (and I use inverted commas on the word Labradors here). Every single puppy had bright blue eyes like those of a Siberian Husky and the pups were eight weeks old. So, can the silver Lab fans...
Views: 6097   Replies: 20
Last Post: Jul 9, 2007 1:01pm
by Tsk Tsk
Alberta Labrador Retriever Club
Does anyone know where I can find the results for this specialty that was held in June of this year??
Views: 410   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 9, 2007 12:53pm
by Susan Lazarchick
Temp Question
I have a lab girl who is acting very tired tonight. My young son said to take her temp "just like you do with us Mom". Well I did and it is 103. Is that high? My vet is not in at night. I tried calling the one vet in the area that usually has someone there all nig...
Views: 439   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 9, 2007 12:38pm
by Lab Owner
Ca AB 1634 Bill analysis problems
*CROSSPOSTED w/ Permission* WE NEED IMMEDIATE HELP! TO REACH EVERY CORNER OF CALIFORNIA TODAY! PLEASE CROSS POST THIS EVERY WHERE! Some of the problems we have seen with the analysis are apparently much deeper than we originally suspected. For those of you tha...
Views: 284   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 9, 2007 12:28pm
by Gina in PA
Generic Albon for cattle?
Does anyone use generic Albon marketed for cattle? The Albon I've used is made for dog/cats, 5% suspension, prescription only. I'm wondering if I can use the generic. Jenny
Views: 265   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 9, 2007 9:00am
by geezee
My new Champion
Since brags are allowed: Today, my girl Addie (BISS CH Tabatha Sport x Tabatha Betsy), who was on a quest for one point, finished her American Championship at the Maryland Cluster by going WB, BOW and BOS for 2 points! CH Tabatha's Adamently Bold JH Thank yo...
Views: 768   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 9, 2007 8:44am
by jane harford
Eclampsia
My dog got eclampsia with her first litter. She was very sick. I have read that if they get eclampsia they can get it again with the next litter. I would like to breed my dog again, but not if she is going to get eclampsia. Has anyone had any experience with th...
Views: 420   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 8, 2007 7:57pm
by RJS
Ohio Bill SB 173 in Danger of Passing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please everyone check out the other messages on this forum regarding this bill. The people behind it are trying to rush it through. It will affect all of the dog owners in Ohio. It is not a good bill as written. It will not "just get rid of puppy mills and dog auctio...
Views: 421   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jul 8, 2007 12:17pm
by Gina in PA
Portable Generator
I am going to buy a portable generator this month. I want to keep my dogs cool at shows and the little battery powered crate fans just do not seem to be enough. Any suggestions on brand and or size? I thought that a large fan and a generator would really help. I...
Views: 415   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jul 8, 2007 12:02pm
by CK Labs
Pittsburgh class results posted
The results of all the classes and winners for both days, June 21 and 22, are posted on the GPLRC website: http://www.gplrc.com The links are at the bottom of the main page and on the Specialty 2007 page. The pages are in pdf format. Email me privately if yo...
Views: 454   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 8, 2007 8:28am
by Mary Ann Hart
Pups leg twists in weird position
i have a litter of only 4 pups. they are almost 3 weeks old. when they are moving around their legs seem to bend in strange positions. they are starting to push up off the floor and wobble around. the ugly leg position seems to be getting better as they walk around m...
Views: 485   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 7, 2007 10:36pm
by Diane
what type to subscribe to?
Can you tell me what you use, which is best and what they are actually necessary for? I have many a time clicked a dog's link from show results which then takes me to INFOdog. I then need to sign up for an account to view anything at a certain amount per month depe...
Views: 415   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 7, 2007 10:03pm
by INFO dog account...
r
Roy
Preton Labradors
Hello my name is Roy. I was trying to contact Alexander of Preton labradors but can't seem to get his email address from his website. Does anyone have his email address. Thank you in advance.
Views: 1036   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 7, 2007 9:40pm
by Linda
? Again
I have ready through previous post regarding trophies for Specialty wins, but I am hoping to get some new responses. What are some items you have received which you like for a Specialty win? Personally, I would want something which I could look at and remember the...
Views: 803   Replies: 24
Last Post: Jul 7, 2007 3:42pm
by Anne
Annie Cogo & Windfall Labradors
Hi Folks, No change in Annie's condition as of this morning. Pipe Major has arrived at Lubberline. Annie's next door neighbor and various friends are taking care of the Labs & the cat. Tomorrow all Labs will get their pond workout with Laura Reich & myself....
Views: 1327   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 7, 2007 3:27pm
by Casi
m
mw
interdigital dermititis
Hi all, I have a dog with interdigital dermititis, he was on an antibotic for a month but that didn't clear it up. He has another appointment with the vet next week. I thought I would run this question by you. Does anybody know what will get rid of this, any home...
Views: 471   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 7, 2007 12:28pm
by mw
Puppies and Adult dogs
I have a question for those of you with multiple adult dogs and puppies. Do you allow your puppies to be out with the adults or do you keep them apart? With my first litter (of two, sixteen weeks old)I am keeping the pups from being turned out with the adults until...
Views: 559   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 7, 2007 10:01am
by Kim/Pirate
l
Linda
Addison's Disease
Has anyone with a Lab, or know of anyone with a Lab that has Addison's Disease? There are studies being done on other breeds, I was wondering if it is now effecting Labs. Thank you
Views: 403   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 7, 2007 9:59am
by Kim/Pirate
Kennel Cough
I go to a couple shows and of course my girl brings Kennel Cough back Now my whole crew has it including my mom with 2 week old puppies. I have had kennel cough here before, and know how to manage our dogs symptoms, but never with a 2 week old litter. I'm conce...
Views: 390   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 6, 2007 9:24pm
by Joan McInnis
c
Corey
Update on Annie Cogo?
Is there a recent update on her condition? I know heaven is being bombarded with prayer, and I wonder how she is today.
Views: 714   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 6, 2007 7:41pm
by Laura
d
Dumb?
What is AARP?
What is AARP? I saw it in Jill's b-day post is it a Lab club?
Views: 525   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 6, 2007 5:08pm
by old timer
basic obed classes in Feasterville, PA area??
Have a puppy family down in that area, not far from Levittown, Langhorn, Oxford Valley area I believe... has soon to be 5 month old puppy and looking for good trainer with classes starting up soon. Any suggestions, please email me ambridge@verizon.net . Thanks!
Views: 274   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 6, 2007 2:47pm
by valwhalen
m
Maria
Lab Books
Before I get my next lab puppy, I'd like to refresh and improve my training abilities. Any recommendations on good dog training books, specific to labs, would be appreciated. Also, are there any good books that document the history of the breed. I bought Helen Wa...
Views: 497   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 6, 2007 1:01pm
by noname
Omar Update
For those of you that remember "Omar", he went to his new great home today to live with a very nice lady and her family in Berkley, CA Its been a pleasure having this very sweet boy live with us for the last two weeks. Thanks to Debbie Mortin and Christine for help...
Views: 554   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 6, 2007 11:20am
by Tom & Gail Shear...
Pacing
I have a puppy who likes to pace for her gait. She will trot if I give her a pop with the leash or if I really increase my speed. But she would rather pace if it was up to her. What causes a dog to pace? Is it structure, laziness?
Views: 484   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 6, 2007 9:13am
by Cathy M.
l
Linda
Eastern Ontario Labrador Breeder's Specialty, July 28 and 29.
Just a reminder to get your entries in for Eolba. Entries close next Wednesday, July 11. Barbara Gomez is judging the specialty and Pierry McLean is judging Sweeps. Our venue is a very pleasant, well shaded site, with water nearby for the dogs to swim. We are an e...
Views: 294   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 6, 2007 1:27am
by Linda
Need some advice
I was just wondering if anybody else has ever experienced this. I have a normally healthy 2.5 year old girl who has been experiencing symptoms of a false pregnancy. She was bred but it did not take (ultrasound showed no puppies and her uterine lining was back to pr...
Views: 555   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 5, 2007 10:40pm
by bdr
Have I seen this puppy before?
Has anyone experienced this before? I bred a bitch puppy who represents my sixth generation out of a loosely line-bred line. She is SO much like her grandmother, who is the product of a close linebreeding. The individual the grandmother is linebred on was my fir...
Views: 793   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 5, 2007 9:10pm
by Lab Lover
n
noname
Raised Feeding Bowl
I use raised feeding bowls and thought I was doing the right thing to reduce the risk of bloat. According to this study, raised feeding bowls actually increased the risk of bloat in the large breed dogs used in this study (this page does not list the breeds studied)...
Views: 334   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 5, 2007 8:55pm
by anon
l
Laura
annies litter
Cathy Culpert of Winsome Labradors in Michigan currently has a litter of puppies that belong to Annie Cogo. Cathy is caring for them, but has not yet found paperwork necessary to determine who has deposits on this litter. She will try to find out more from Annies e...
Views: 898   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 5, 2007 8:10pm
by Laura
heartworm prevention and breeding
My mentor says no heartworm meds just before breeding and during pregnancy and nursing. I thought most on here said it was fine. We had a miss last time--don't want that to happen again--no meds last time in was dead of winter.
Views: 474   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jul 5, 2007 7:37pm
by Deep South
DNA Test for Dilution in Labradors
Cross Posted: NEW DNA TEST FOR DILUTION COLOR IN LABRADOR RETRIEVERS. ------------------------------------------------------- We live at the age when genetic science makes big steps in uncovering new secrets hidden in our genes. Animal genetics has always be...
Views: 547   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 5, 2007 5:47pm
by wondering
Re: Wanted Black male puppy
We live in Flemington, NJ. If anyone I know in our area has available males,(possibly up to several months old) could you please email me privately as I would like to pass your info on to a number of NJ families waiting for a male puppy from us. For the first time...
Views: 943   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 5, 2007 5:05pm
by Contact the webm...
hospital address
Genesys Health Park One Genesys Parkway Grand Blanc, MI 48439
Views: 666   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 5, 2007 4:43pm
by Thank you
Bad Breath
I have a 5 year old female that has breath and has for some time now. We have had her teeth cleaned, brushed them, given her bones and toys to chew on and she does not have any bad teeth. Any ideas why or what I can do to get rid of it?
Views: 405   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 5, 2007 3:59pm
by Alicia
Thoughts and prayers for Annie Cogo
I just wanted to let the labrador community know that Annie suffered a massive stroke during the night. Nancy Chargo and I just got home from the hospital. She is stable and breathing on her own, which is a good sign, because they were thinking earlier that they we...
Views: 1253   Replies: 37
Last Post: Jul 5, 2007 1:51pm
by Debbie
Recommendations?
Two questions: 1. What's the best critter prevention med for dogs living near Austin, Texas? They've been on Heartgard...should I switch to something else? 2. Does anyone have a good vet they'd recommend? I am actually in Lakeway (about 20 minutes from Austin p...
Views: 542   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 5, 2007 11:48am
by Mk
b
BBE
Re: Jersey Skylands Aug. Match?
Is this happening this year and who is judging?
Views: 452   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 5, 2007 11:16am
by Laura Dedering -...
consider this
Recent occurrences of aggressive and nasty postings display a schoolyard bully mentality that certainly has no business on this forum. It further illustrates another situation which seems to be a recurring theme. It is an unfortunate fact of life that you are judged...
Views: 1287   Replies: 51
Last Post: Jul 5, 2007 10:41am
by Alexandra
t
Terry
Views: 510   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jul 5, 2007 7:42am
by Mar-Moye
Annie Cogo
My thoughts and prayers are with you Annie.
Views: 784   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 5, 2007 7:36am
by Gayle Sotka - St...
Does anybody know...
...anything about a kennel prefix called Analore? I ran into a dead end in researching a pedigree, and though a Google search turned up numerous occurrences of the name in show results and pedigrees, I was unable to find a website... ???
Views: 631   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 5, 2007 12:54am
by Kathy Taleos
j
Jo
VetGen
I am sending in my boy's DNA sample (for ChromaGene Coat Color) by overnight mail and have asked for the answer back by e-mail. Does anyone know about how long that takes? Thanks
Views: 419   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 5, 2007 12:42am
by Candice
YUCK! Gel-like stools? Never seen this before!
My 2 that were at shows 1 week ago are having stools that are gel-like in consistency today (I know, gross!) It's not watery, no blood, no mucus on the outside. I have not seen poop like this, it's almost like picking up jello! The vet is obviously not open tod...
Views: 440   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 4, 2007 11:32pm
by Robin
e
El
Sore Spot on Foot
Tonight I noticed a raised red bump and some swelling on the top of my girl's rear foot. It's not between the toes and I suspect a deer fly bite. They've been awful in our area. They bite over their eyes and the swelling is like a golf ball. Anyway, she's licking i...
Views: 432   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jul 4, 2007 9:12pm
by El
Judges From Other Countries
Hi Everyone, Our club is organizing its Specialty for next year. We would like to bring a judge from outside the U.S. We'd like to gather as many names as possible. Any suggestions will be very much appreciated.
Views: 411   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 4, 2007 5:42pm
by Joan McInnis
a
Alicia
Lab need a home
My co worker found a lab no chip no tags and she thinks she is pregnant. She can not keep her she has 6 dog and is due next month with her first child. She thinks its a young dog very little training good with other dog. She is trying a local lab recuse group but...
Views: 503   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 4, 2007 3:37pm
by Marjorie
Fading puppy recipe
Can anyone share the fading puppy recipe - the one with cooked beef liver? TIA
Views: 462   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 4, 2007 2:14pm
by need to know
Nita Nee shows PA.
Is anyone from New England going that could transport a Lab from the show back into Mass/NH/ME area??
Views: 309   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 4, 2007 9:59am
by BreederQ
Happy 4th of July!
Hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th!. We're very thankful for the men and women risking all to defend our freedom. God bless you!
Views: 257   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 4, 2007 9:41am
by Sallie Wright
the worst habit
Ok guys, my girl has taken up the worst habit-eating her sisters' droppings. I thought she had a stick... oh gross it wasnt Its been a week or so now with this bad habit. Any ideas why she'd start now or how to stop it (other than picking up the poop LOL). I can deal...
Views: 630   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 3, 2007 4:12pm
by oh not that!
Slightly Swimmer Puppy
I have a question about swimmer pups. I have a litter of 3 week old pups. The pup that was the smallest keeps wanting to throw 1 of his front legs out instead of getting it under him to stand. I don't think he is a true swimmer, because he has his back end under him,...
Views: 397   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 3, 2007 4:04pm
by Concerned
:
:-)
They're up
Speciality results with photos What a lovely group of well deserving dogs. Congratulations to the owners A very nice job once again Jill. http://wiscoy.com/specialtyresults2007.html
Views: 679   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 3, 2007 2:47pm
by Jill
Booties
Any one know where I could buy a box of slip on booties for workers that come in my home and can't remove shoes? TIA
Views: 373   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 3, 2007 2:39pm
by MK
Canine Cancer research University of Pennsylvania Vet. Hosp.
One in two dogs over the age of two will get the disease (cancer); one in four will die from it. A trial, funded by the Alliance for Cancer Gene Therapy, is taking place at the University Of Pennsylvania Veterinary Hospital. Labs and Golden Retrievers are suceptib...
Views: 368   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 3, 2007 12:52pm
by valwhalen
Cornell researchers help identify gene that plays key role in size of dogs
For those who enjoy reading about genetics and current research! ARTICLE LINK
Views: 341   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 3, 2007 12:22pm
by Interesting
2-week-old pups with weird stools
I have a litter of pups that will be 2 weeks old tomorrow. Their mother developed a nasty skin infection a couple of weeks before whelping. She's had this before and successful treatment consisted of putting her on Cephalexin and bathing her with a medicated shampo...
Views: 531   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 3, 2007 12:19pm
by Melissa
j
jen l
Southern MD
Yesterday at Southern MD KC Day 1, Jammer (aka Nightwinds we jammin) went winners dog under judge Maryann Alston. Today at Southern MD KC day 2, Skye (aka Nightwinds Positive Vibration) went winners b*tch under breeder judge Jerry Weiss for a 3pt Major. Both do...
Views: 713   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jul 3, 2007 11:09am
by Dayna
2008 National Specialty
Does anyone know where the 2008 National Specialty is being held?
Views: 589   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 3, 2007 6:05am
by Breeder
j
Janet
Hair loss
My oldest dog (eleven) has a huge coat and now is blowing coat. Its been coming out for weeks and I am getting fed up with hair everywhere. Is there a vitamin you can give to help this or some special tool other than clippers to help get rid of this faster.
Views: 563   Replies: 19
Last Post: Jul 2, 2007 10:55pm
by El
Newsday article: Rabies vaccine research may save some pain
Columnist Denise Flaim has breaking news in today's Newsday. http://www.newsday.com/search/ny-lspets5278482jul02,0,6559208.column An excerpt: "I've been an activist for a long time," Jean Dodds says, "and this is the first time I've seen the public mount a gr...
Views: 327   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 2, 2007 7:57pm
by valwhalen
j
Janet
Canadian Nationals
Entries are closing on Wed July 4th at noon for the Canadian Nationals. Our judge is Mrs Marion Hopkinson of Rocheby. We are having a fun evening banquet and so you need to reserve your ticket in advance. You can see all details about the show and how to order tic...
Views: 343   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 2, 2007 6:48pm
by Janet
lost that scrap of paper!!
Does anyone have the link to the lab ancestry info? I love doing research there, and no matter how clean I get my desk, I can't find the piece of paper I wrote the link on.....and my browser didn't save it....drat!! Thanks ahead of time....Lisa
Views: 463   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 2, 2007 6:43pm
by breeder
Boric Acid Powder
I was wanting to make the ear recipe that has been posted. I am having trouble finding the Boric Acid Powder. I checked Meijer and Rite Aid pharmacy. The mgr at Rite Aid said he can't even order it and then looked at me like he suspected I was trying to cook Meth...
Views: 843   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jul 2, 2007 3:26pm
by Cinderbay
link to news article re Rabies Challenge Fund
Maybe of interest to dog owners and clubs wanting to support their research: RABIES VACCINE RESEARCH MAY SAVE SOME PAIN
Views: 270   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 2, 2007 12:47pm
by Georgia Rule
Greater Pittsburgh Field events
WC/WCX test July 21, 2007 Jeannette, PA Contact Deb Banach dmbanach@verizon.net for info and for premium list/entry forms go to www.gplrc.com AKC hunt tests Double JR/SR & 1 Master - September 1-3, 2007 Grove City, PA Enter test via Entry Express
Views: 206   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 2, 2007 12:46pm
by Gina in PA
Naughty 7 week old litter of puppies
This is a first for me but I went out to check on my puppies and found they had got ahold of the 60 watt light bulb in the shop light that hangs up above to keep them warm at night. It was turned off luckily but still the bulb was broken up in pieces and I don't know...
Views: 757   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jul 2, 2007 12:20pm
by Dayna
Ch JH
Since brags have been given the official OK, I would like to announce that I now have my 4th Champion JH, as Solo is now Ch Linamia Papageno's Aria JH, having earned her title in four straight tests. (We did NQ at our first attempt, but it was at least partly my faul...
Views: 394   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 2, 2007 12:08pm
by Peggy Stevens
j
Jill
Specialty Results Page
Hi guys.. I'm updating the Specialty Results Page today. The Pittsburgh results have been added. If anyone has a dog listed and would like their picture up their, please send it on to me. thanks! -Jill
Views: 427   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 2, 2007 9:25am
by Tina @ Swentina
Potomac 2007
Can anyone give me the Winners Dog, Reserve Winners Dog, Winners Bitch, and Reserve Winners Bitch and BOB for Potomac? And Sweeps results would be nice also. Thanks so much for any help you can give.
Views: 264   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 2, 2007 9:19am
by Conclusion
eyes open at birth
does anyone have experience with a puppy being born with it's eyes already open?
Views: 600   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jul 2, 2007 9:18am
by Lori
Hot Spot
I know that hot spots have been discussed on the forum from time to time.....but I got to tell you. I have NEVER had one before. This is the most discusting thing I have ever seen.....YUK In all my years of Labradors this is my 1st. I can handle, poop, pee and puke.....
Views: 518   Replies: 21
Last Post: Jul 2, 2007 7:56am
by Mel
Looking for Glee Morse
Does anyone have Glee e-mail address? The one I have is out of date. Any help would be apprecated. Mary Wiest
Views: 535   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 2, 2007 1:29am
by Diane Wehrheim
breeder judges
Can anyone tell me the easiest way to find additonal shows I might want to enter that would have breeder judges but might not be listed with the specialities? As an example, I remember last year Kendall was judging but I never heard about it until a week before. I'...
Views: 582   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 1, 2007 11:58pm
by Robin
To Breed or not to Breed
Well, this forum has been loaded with issues of Kennel Cough. And we have to say, it is at our house too. It is so upsetting, As we have a bitch in season we wnat to breed. Our Vet says the breeding may not take now, as the bitch has kennel cough as well. Does...
Views: 562   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 1, 2007 11:32pm
by bdr
j
jen l
i got yelled at
hey everyone. I got in trouble because i didnt post that my friends Gerrie Owen and Robin Anderson finsihed 4 dogs to their JH, and one to her SH in 5 straight weeks. Congrats!!!!!! Jen
Views: 819   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 1, 2007 5:12pm
by Barbara Roosevel...
vacuums
Can anyone recommend a LIGHTWEIGHT yet powerful vacuum for sucking up all the dog hair that collects on my wood floors? I loved my Kirby for carpet, but it's too heavy to drag across bare floors.
Views: 414   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 1, 2007 3:10pm
by Jackie, Black Sa...
spotlight Ads?
Jill, you need to get up!!! It is July 1st and we need our new spotlight Ads!!
Views: 633   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 1, 2007 2:04pm
by Breeder
PRLRC supported entry July 28 Providence County KC show
Just a reminder: Entries close July 11. Wendy McNaughton (Kazorp) is judging regular classes, and Lois Engel (Majestix) is doing Sweeps. MBF is the superintendent. Hope to see you there. Kathy
Views: 290   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 1, 2007 1:26pm
by Kathy Cipriani
Puppy buyers wants Conformation Handling Materials?
What books, videos or other sorts of materials could anyone recommend that I could offer a puppy buyer that wants to learn how to handle a potential show pup she is getting from my litter. I'm a newbie myself and it would be great information for both of us. She s...
Views: 478   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 1, 2007 1:36am
by Shelley Ellison
Virtual showdog?
I'm down with an injury and bored out of my skull. Was surfin the net and found this... showdog.com Anyone ever played around with this?
Views: 484   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 30, 2007 11:55pm
by web surfer
male show/breeding prospect
What type of terms are normally agreed to when a male is sold as a show/breeding prospect? Are they normally sold at the same price the pets in the litter? Any other terms that routinely appear?
Views: 630   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 30, 2007 9:25pm
by Diane
r
Ron
New CH / MH
HUGE Congratulations to Lauren and Rex Bullock (Lands End Labradors) and "LOLA" for completing Lola's Championship this past Sunday. Lola is now : CH Lands End Whatever She Wants CDX MH Lola is the 42nd Champion Master Hunter in the History of the breed an...
Views: 744   Replies: 21
Last Post: Jun 30, 2007 5:57pm
by Barb/tombarlabs
kennel cough
OK anyone get kennel cough from the Boston show???????? i did its running through everyone
Views: 762   Replies: 21
Last Post: Jun 30, 2007 5:35pm
by Stacy Quake
building back immune system
Scenario: Dog has had an ear infection, Kennel cough that turned into pneumonia, and something that mimicked Lepto (never did find out what it was) in the past 5 months. She has been on antibiotic after antibiotic. She is well now, but I'd like to get something in...
Views: 487   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jun 30, 2007 4:52pm
by Susan Bonner
d
Dana
Calif. Bill AB 1634- Letters Due Before 5pm JULY 2nd. HURRY
LETTERS DUE BEFORE 5pm JULY 2nd HURRY! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 14:21:35 -0700 To: From: Diana Smith Subject: LETTERS DUE BEFORE 5pm JULY 2nd HURRY! ************************...
Views: 276   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 30, 2007 1:56pm
by Dana
Potomac 2007
Can anyone give me the BOB winner, And Winners Dog, Reserve Winners Dog, Winners Bitch and Reserve Winners Bitch? Sweeps results would be nice also. Any help that anyone could give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help.
Views: 343   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 30, 2007 1:10pm
by lrcp
d
Diana
Breeder option
Hi all, Can someone explain me what the "breeder option" ment?
Views: 472   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 30, 2007 1:07pm
by Diana
distemper shot
Ok what's the protocall for puppy distemper shot's I thought it was 3 shots total, because I didn't space them according the what the vets protocal is he now want's me to do a 4th shot....
Views: 449   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 29, 2007 9:19pm
by Just Breeder
Day BOS Pittsburgh??
I need one more winner for the specialty page. If anyone knows the BOS for Thursday, June 21 Day 1, either email me or post it, and I can complete the specialty wins for both days. Thanks!
Views: 484   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 29, 2007 9:13pm
by Shirley Ciprian
CA AB 1634 Latest Version - It just gets WORSE!
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/07-08/bill/asm/ab_1601-1650/ab_1634_bill_20070627_amended_sen_v93.html It's gone from bad to worse. Intact permits issued for 1 year/allows for one litter per year/litter records required including to whom the pet is sold/adopted to...
Views: 353   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 29, 2007 8:34pm
by Lori
ear hematoma
I have a 7 year old bitch that seems to have developed a hematoma on her ear. She has had ear infections on and off all of her life but when treated they go away for a couple of months then reappear. I never had a problem before. What can be done for a hematoma other...
Views: 457   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jun 29, 2007 8:25pm
by Wildbrook
Rodenticides?
I am so sick of mice and have been having difficulty trapping them using snap traps and a ratzapper. (they won't use them, despite peanut butter, bait sold at the stores, etc.) I was thinking of using mouse rodenticide but am leery because of the dogs. Is it ok t...
Views: 345   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 29, 2007 8:23pm
by Nancy Rudgers
d
De
Cut Pad
My dog cut his pad. It is bleeding off and on, very small amounts. Is there anything I can put on the cut? It is not a deep cut, more of a slice off the pad. I was hoping to keep him comfortable tonight before contacting the vet in the morning. Thanks in advance.
Views: 366   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jun 29, 2007 3:15pm
by Michelle
j
Jill
Need Pittsburg Results
I know I was there....but...I do not have the complete results for Pittsburg. Would someone from the club please email them to me so I can get them up on the results page? thank you, Jill
Views: 453   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 29, 2007 1:58pm
by Mary Ann Hart
Spotlight and Brags
We all love to post at this great forum about our dogs, xxxxxx became a CH, a JH, the best of the best. But that is why Jill has the Spotlight, so we can put our dogs there, brag about all the thing they have won and not use the free forum to brag. I am from I...
Views: 494   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 29, 2007 12:51pm
by Jill
m
Marci
MSNBC - Pet Sterilization - Take the Poll Now!
MSNBC Poll - please go to this link to vote NO on this national poll regarding mandatory spay/neuter. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19466466
Views: 334   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 29, 2007 11:14am
by Barb
How to get a JH
Can anyone help me find articles/specifications for how to train for a JH?? I am very new to this aspect...
Views: 476   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 29, 2007 11:05am
by Peggy ~ Nightwin...
emails/spam using real kennel names
I have noticed over the past week that in my spam box I have had several "suspicious" emails that are from real labrador kennels/breeders. The subjects are hello, good day... realy abstract. I have contacted these people and they did not send the email. Then today I...
Views: 607   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 29, 2007 11:03am
by charlene babbitz
kennel cough
i have a mom due to have pups next weekend, BUT she has just come down with kennel cough. i'm worried, will the babies get it?? or will she be over it by then. or will the pups still be born sick???? any helpful hints, i'm treating her with clavomox, which my vet to...
Views: 376   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 29, 2007 10:29am
by joan McInnis
dog friendly camps/cabins/motels?
I hope to be busy with puppies when the show is held but would like to visit the area before then--any suggestions? We drove up Mount Washington when we went to the Lab Camp in 1999--lordy--it took 10 years off my life--but oh what fun and memories!
Views: 357   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 28, 2007 10:16pm
by Jean
d
diane
PeTA Employees’ Trial for Dog Theft Delayed
According to the Virginia-Pilot, two employees of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PeTA), Andrea Florence Benoit and Carrie Beth Edwards, appeared June 27 before the Southhampton General District Court for stealing a hunting dog and removing its electroni...
Views: 332   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 28, 2007 8:15pm
by diane
A heartfelt thank you!
Three cheers for the members of the Labrador Retriever Club of the Pioneer Valley for their generous donation of half of their raffle monies to Labrador Life Line!! This is the first time a club has donated money to LLL, and we hope it inspires others to do the same...
Views: 448   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 28, 2007 5:48pm
by Barbara Roosevel...
pink spot
We are on vacation at the shore. Within a day of arriving one of my dogs started to develop a pink spot or really a pink discoloration on his right upper lip (in the dark pigmented portion) that has grown to about half the size of a dime. also looks like he is star...
Views: 538   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jun 28, 2007 1:25pm
by Diane
Update on Losing Puppies Need Medical Info
We just want to let everyone know who were concerned about the puppies that we are pleased to say that everyone is doing well! No more sub q's and everyone is eating on their own, meds are being continued. We are still waiting on test results and hope to have answers...
Views: 799   Replies: 25
Last Post: Jun 28, 2007 11:40am
by Help for Parvo
Legislative Empowerment Seminar in Ohio August 4th, 2007
The AKC is holding a Legislative Empowerment Seminar at the Steel Valley Cluster in Canfield, Ohio on Saturday August 4th. I don't know what they plan on talking about but I am sure the Ohio legislation will be addressed, as well as what to do about it and more. Th...
Views: 202   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 28, 2007 10:05am
by Gina in PA
Ohio bill SB173
the following is the message I received in response to my email asking Senator Grendell to vote against this bill: Dear Jim and Sharon, Thank you for your email expressing concerns with some of the provisions of SB 173. SB 173 was introduced by Senator Gary Cat...
Views: 240   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 28, 2007 9:46am
by Gina in PA
Successful Breeding Strategies?
Say you have an average looking dog or bitch who has passed all of their clearances. What strategies have worked for you to be able to produce puppies that you like that have a chance to be successful in the breed ring? (Specialties more so than All-breed)...
Views: 888   Replies: 35
Last Post: Jun 28, 2007 9:03am
by observation
j
jen l
new JH
Ok im posting this because I feel its necessary!! Congrats to Julie jussaume, mikey, and Karen P on their new JH on Bena (aka Mayfair's Verbena) A gordy-sara daughter. She got her JH in 4 consecutive hunt tests!!! Way to go, beenie weenie!!!!! Jen
Views: 447   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 28, 2007 8:59am
by Lisa~Rosemont
Fed For Bone
"Needs more bone- this could be from not being 'fed for bone' as a puppy as most dogs in the show ring are or she could be comparing her to some of the cloddy specimens we see in the ring today that are overdone (recall the Crook's seminar at LRCP about what a workin...
Views: 780   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jun 28, 2007 12:35am
by ThankYou
b
Beth
Inverted puppy vulvas
I have had inverted puppy vulvas in litters in the past without any problem or discussion. This is the first litter where veterinarians want to "tack" them down when the puppies are spayed. What is involved with this procedure? Does it cause its own complications...
Views: 551   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 27, 2007 5:48pm
by Breeder Two
75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84
Free Forum powered by Bravenet