Start a New Topic 
75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Happy News-Not Lab Related
It is with happy and grateful hearts that Erin and I share with you that Ryan, our son and Erin's brother, is out of Iraq-safe and sound. He has just returned to his home base in Italy. Thanks to all of our Labrador friends who have kept him in your prayers and thou...
Views: 773   Replies: 18
Last Post: Jun 4, 2007 6:36am
by Diane McClurg
Whelping box ideas? Helping foster Mom.
A friend asked me to come up with some whelping box ideas for Labs today. If you did not have a whelping box, what would you use? I have heard of swimming pools. Other ideas? I think Vari kennel would be too small?
Views: 343   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 4, 2007 6:35am
by Laurie
a
anono
BYV
Everyone knows what a BYB (backyard breeder) is, someone who thinks they know more than they do about breeding etc. Now it seems we have something worse, or at least more certainly more dangerous, the BYV (backyard vet). The Back Yard Vet can diagnose over the Intern...
Views: 782   Replies: 22
Last Post: Jun 3, 2007 11:19pm
by Robin
RE: Use registered names when referring to wins please
Since we don't all live in the same areas as a poster, please use the full registered name of any dog that you are referring to regarding wins etc. And put last names to the people. If you want us outsiders to be interested in your posts then give all informantion.
Views: 482   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 3, 2007 7:27pm
by ValWhalen
Propylene Glycol - where to purchase?
HI, I just came back fro 2 diffrent pharmacys and niether of them have Propylene Glycol. Where can I buy some? Thanks in advance.
Views: 345   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 3, 2007 7:09pm
by S.Allets
:( A tribute to the Mom and Dad's of pet shop pups
http://youtube.com/watch?v=OdcNl5FqcKY Don't watch if you are faint of heart.
Views: 448   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 3, 2007 6:45pm
by Pass the Kleenex
d
Donna
Need A Really Good Vet
Hi All, I need to see if anyone knows of a really good vet in the Milwaukee, WI area. My sister-in-law has a dog from my first litter. He just turned 5y/o in May. He's always been a healthy boy. Up until earlier in the year. It all started around the beginn...
Views: 418   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 3, 2007 2:40pm
by Diane Wehrheim
d
Debbie
Ivomec for puppies
I use the Ivomec injectable (given orally) on my adult dogs doing the 1/10th cc monthly. I am not sure as to when I would start my puppies. They are 15 weeks old now. How much and when should I start giving it to them? I am assuming they would start now, but I am...
Views: 1058   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jun 3, 2007 10:40am
by Cinderbay
Puppies with diarrhea
I know this question has been asked numerous times before, but what is the best method of treatment for 10 day old puppies with diarrhea? Thanks!
Views: 457   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 3, 2007 7:44am
by Breeder Two
Primary Immune Defeciency Syndrome
I had a 16 week old pupply become sick and die after its last pupply shot. The puppy became sick about 8 hours after the shot and had a clean bill of health up to this point. They vet said the dog had pnemonia and kidney failure before the dog died. The autopsy sh...
Views: 550   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 3, 2007 7:42am
by Breeder Two
dogs dandruff
In answer to your earlier question, i feed him purina complete nutrition dog food, how do you skin scrape?
Views: 351   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 2, 2007 10:47pm
by RRK Labs
OMG!! CUTE
My son just brought me the cutest 'Lil Tykes play house, complete with "Ceiling fan" for the puppies! He took a small fan and mounted it inside up on the ceiling and put the wire in conduit, he put a rubber gromet in it to seal around it so it's water proof. The wind...
Views: 655   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 2, 2007 9:43pm
by Linda Wages
calling all professional groomers
I am a student and I am doing up a business plan. The business is a grooming salon. For those of you who have had or currently have, I would be interested in seeing your Business Plan. If you would share your financial plan that would be great as I need to show how m...
Views: 378   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 2, 2007 8:39pm
by S.Allets
Car fans for keeping dogs cool
Someone mentioned in a previous post about something rechargeable to run fans in the car. I need some ideas for fan cooling in my van. The fans that plug into the cigarette lighters work best, but after a long period of time, it drains your vehicle battery. The...
Views: 497   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 2, 2007 8:27pm
by Gail
Labrador Owners Club results?
Anyone have any? Would appreciate it very much. TIA
Views: 346   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 2, 2007 6:22pm
by Sitting at home ...
entropion question
Has anyone ever had an adult Lab diagnosed with entropion? I always thought it was apparent from puppyhood, but a five-year-old Lab that I bred was recently determined to have it. There was no indication of anything wrong when she was a pup. Is adult onset entropio...
Views: 561   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 2, 2007 5:29pm
by JK
All Ohio breeders please read.
All Ohio readers please go back and read " We need to do something, grab a cup of coffee, it's a long one." Thanks
Views: 392   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 2, 2007 2:01pm
by S.Allets..P.S.
Need help with this one....
I have a friend who has a female due to whelp today,tomorrow. She take her in around 30-40 days for a blood test to determine if she is pregnant or not. Test said no she is not. She starts developing milk, losing hair and GROWING....so she gets an xray done to see...
Views: 558   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 2, 2007 8:07am
by Heidi @ Parardig...
d
DL
Shampoo
Can anyone recommend a good anti itch shampoo. Our dog is having the itchies from our grass. He loves to roll and stretch out and slide across it and he is itching like mad.I'm giving him benedryl but I'm thinking a good bath might help. Sort of like when kids have c...
Views: 322   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 2, 2007 6:41am
by Melody Losea
o
Oh boy
Re: Top Ten Labrador April 1 - April 7th
Maybe someone will start doing a daily top ten
Views: 720   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 2, 2007 4:15am
by Dog Show Luva
World Show in Mexico 2007, and Lab Specialty judging Marion Hopkinson
World Show 2007 1st day BOB Cloud Nine Iragorri 2nd day BOB Alldans Gynna 3rd day BOB Cloud Nine Iragorri, Ch of the Americas 4rd day Cloud Nine Iragorri, Mex CH and World Champion 07 Specialty Judge: Marion Hopkinson (ROCHEBY) Entries 189 Labs BO...
Views: 742   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 1, 2007 8:36pm
by Breeder
a
Anne
Pine sap
Any good suggestions for removing it from a dog's fur? That is besides thinning it out!!!
Views: 374   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jun 1, 2007 7:24pm
by Alexandra
g
Gail
wormer-imathale
Has anybody heard of this wormer? Where do you get it?
Views: 416   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 1, 2007 7:14pm
by Gai
Mid-Jersey Labrador Retriever Club Specialty 2007
The Mid-Jersey Labrador Retriever Club will be having it's 25th Anniversary Specialty Show and KISS (Keep it Simple Specialty) show on October 18th and 19th. The judges are: Thursday, Oct 18th Intersex, Dogs and Non Regular Brian Parrott, Lougin Labs,...
Views: 528   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 1, 2007 6:18pm
by Shirley Ciprian
Continue to fight CA AB 1634
-- permission to cross post is granted -- AB 1634 was amended on May 31, 2007 and the vote in the full Assembly may occur as soon as next Monday. Here is the official version http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/07-08/bill/asm/ab_1601-1650/ab_1634_bill_20070531_ame...
Views: 213   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 1, 2007 3:14pm
by Gina in PA
t
Tina
temp on pregnant female
okay everyone..i knew i'd need ya's again before our due date. Fiesta is due in 2 weeks. my question is , today was day 50- i've been reading on here and questioning what i was going to start doing in regards to taking her temp. My bible says day 59 to start ta...
Views: 426   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jun 1, 2007 3:01pm
by RRK Labs
Chinese herbs and coat
Has anyone got any experience with the effect of chinese herbs on coat? I've got a dog on them; he's blowing like mad, and has been for some time. He's blowing guard coat, not just undercoat, so I don't think it's seasonal. Not that it matters much, he's retired n...
Views: 334   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 1, 2007 2:15pm
by Terry
AAHA Wraps up Vaccine Guidelines
http://www.dvmnewsmagazine.com/dvm/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=46546
Views: 344   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 1, 2007 12:39pm
by Gina in PA
thanks for the help
Thanks to all who responded. My dog is a 9 year old male, not female. And i forgot to mention he also has really bad dandruff. I tried giving him food with more oil in the ingredients, he's had allergy shots from the vet and nothing helps. Any suggestions and do you...
Views: 369   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 1, 2007 11:11am
by Betsy
Has anyone fed Innova Evo to a dog with allergies?? Any success?
Pretty sure I am dealing with a grain allergy.
Views: 332   Replies: 9
Last Post: May 31, 2007 10:54pm
by Breeder
m
Maria
Rattlesnake Vaccine
As mentioned in a prior post, some folks use this vaccine, I don't know anything about it. Murph and I love to walk in the Sierra Foothills, but with the tall grass turning brown and the heat I have been reticent to continue our walks. What does the vaccine do? Wh...
Views: 387   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 31, 2007 9:50pm
by J. Musella
bare itchy raw spots
My nine year old black lab has raw seeping itchy spots that are really nasty looking. What causes these and what can i do to heal and prevent these?
Views: 333   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 31, 2007 9:08pm
by Joy
Sounders Hear Me Roar
I have a Roar grandaughter and I need to contact the Pierce family and I have been looking through all my Lab Q mags and no luck. Anyone help?
Views: 818   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 31, 2007 8:40pm
by georgia baba
LQ Overseas
Is this correct? I've had a postcard from Hoflin saying my subscription to the LQ has been cancelled because the US Post Office no longer sends foreign surface mail!! It must come air mail, which is three times more costly than the previous rate
Views: 368   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 31, 2007 8:16pm
by Janet
Sickle Hocks
Can you please share with me any good links or experience with sickle hocks in a young pup... how does it affect them structurally as far as placement in a pet home.
Views: 512   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 31, 2007 6:47pm
by JMO
blackflies and gnats
It's that time of year again in the northeast when the swarms of gnats and blackflies come around to bother humans and dogs. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what is good for repelling them on the dog? We use Frontline Plus, so I would prefer something all nat...
Views: 474   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 31, 2007 3:00pm
by Pridezion Labrad...
Hot/Teething Puppies
My 3 week old puppies have been crying alot today. I have both windows in the bedroom open with a gentle breeze but these little buggers have some very thick coats. I filled up the water bottle with cold water and they all started clammering on it but couldn't all fi...
Views: 370   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 31, 2007 2:41pm
by Patty/Snowco Lab...
Moving questions...input requested!
I and the Labs are moving from northwest Indiana to Austin, Texas, in about two weeks. * What should I know ahead of time? * Can anybody recommend a (very!) good vet in the area? * Any preparations I should make? Thanks in advance!!
Views: 504   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 31, 2007 10:38am
by Keri Schooler
l
Leeda
PRA information and or website
A friend of mine has a 6 year old female just diagnosed with PRA and I told her I would provide as much info as I could from asking the Forum...The female is much loved and they want to give her the best......
Views: 451   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 31, 2007 9:19am
by Ann H
Club du Labrador du Quebec, Annual Specialty and Boosters
Welcome to our CLQ Annual Specialty and Boosters in Trois-Rivières, Québec, june 23 and 24 , 2007 4 sets of points. Entries close tuesday june 5, 2007 at 21:00pm Premium list available at: http://www.quebeccanin.myanka.com/ Judges for the CLQ Specia...
Views: 285   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 31, 2007 7:16am
by Madeleine
Lola
Hi, is there a picture of Cam Adams' lovely "Lola" anywhere on the Web?
Views: 526   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 31, 2007 6:27am
by minimom
puppy with toes turned?
Anyone have any experience with a young pup (about 4 weeks) that has twisted looking toes? It's almost a splayed look but they all go in the same direction, towards the inside. It's almost as if the pup is standing on it's outside toe instead of flat foot contact...
Views: 580   Replies: 14
Last Post: May 30, 2007 11:30pm
by twisted?
Paint for a whelping box
Hi everyone. I am making my first whelping box, and I was wondering what type of paint is the safest and most durable. I was given some sheets of free press board (the type they make counter tops out of) real thick stuff. Heavey too. It's all cut to size, I just need...
Views: 3484   Replies: 12
Last Post: May 30, 2007 10:42pm
by getting in the s...
No Response
Not sure what to do. I have a litter that is coowned and the other owner won't answer my calls or emails about the litter. I want to register the litter and can't do it without her. The puppies are 8 weeks old and still no reg. Any ideas?
Views: 876   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 30, 2007 10:16pm
by Nancy Rudgers
Explanation of the typey question
Thank you to all who replied to my typey question. I will explain why I was looking for this information. A friend, a breeder of 30 years plus and myself have been asked to give a presentation on labrador retrievers showcasing our breed, to a judge's seminar in Jun...
Views: 559   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 30, 2007 8:02pm
by Tail Crazy
Registration with kennel names
I sold a bitch 3 years ago that is due for her first litter in 4 weeks. She has my kennel name,I co-own her and I had run on her for 6 months before selling her. I am taking a puppy back from her first litter. Is it proper for me to have my kennel name in front,...
Views: 663   Replies: 14
Last Post: May 30, 2007 7:39pm
by Tail Crazy
Sad News
Diane Gering, Windrush Labradors and Vizslas, passed away from cancer this morning. Foe those new to the breed she owned CH Manora's Windrush Joy, JH who was number 6 bitch in 1989. She was also a Junior Hunt Test judge and past president of Black Creek Retriever C...
Views: 1046   Replies: 9
Last Post: May 30, 2007 4:43pm
by Cathy Magnuson
c
CM
DOG SCAM - BEWARE
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=3225175
Views: 571   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 30, 2007 9:36am
by CM
A March in Opposition to AB1634
I know this is very short notice, but I just got this idea on how to show our opposition to AB1634 in beautiful Santa Barbara this weekend. On Saturday, June 2, there is the annual "Big Dog Parade" right down State street. What better way to show our opposition for...
Views: 327   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 30, 2007 4:35am
by Rycroft Labrador...
Pictures from Bath Ch Show, England
The English photographer Carol Ann Johnson takes wonderful pictures from different dog shows all over UK. Last Saturday she visited the annual Ch Show arranged by Bath Canine Society where Labradors were judged by Mrs Gunilla Ek, Attikonak, Sweden (males) and Mrs Fre...
Views: 667   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 30, 2007 4:12am
by Anki in Sweden
b
Beth
amounts to feed growing puppies?
I use Purina Proplan puppy for my litters. On average, how much per puppy are you guys feeding your 5 week old? 6 week old? 7 week old? puppies? Thanks
Views: 489   Replies: 11
Last Post: May 29, 2007 10:50pm
by Bonnie Anthony M...
Switchign litter wet to dry
I have always kept my pups on soften food longer than I think is the norm (around 10 to 12 weeks). I have a litter here and was wondeing when do you switch their soften food to solid food? What is the best way to handle this? I have stoped "mashing" the food and have...
Views: 386   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 29, 2007 10:43pm
by gaetacreek labs
Just testing
Sorry, just testing.
Views: 357   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 29, 2007 4:21pm
by Anki in Sweden
thorswarriors
for those of you who follow this sad story.... there is more to be updated Friends: www.thorswarriors.com was updated Sunday, May 27th, with some important info. Scroll down in chapter eight. Also of interest, NBC 25 in the Michigan Tri-Cities area has done...
Views: 381   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 29, 2007 3:08pm
by Patty/Snowco Lab...
o
Oy Vey
new or old email scam?
Recvd this at my old email addy, anyone else? This was not a website email address, a personal one Hi there, I'm a 45 yrs old Briton working with an oil servicing company in the United Arab Emirate.My children are of the ages 14 and 16yrs..We reside in an ap...
Views: 525   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 29, 2007 1:46pm
by MK
j
JJ
Hormone Supplements to hold pregnancy
I was wondering if any one could give me some input on my bitch's problem. I have a lovely bitch almost 4 yrs old whom I've had problems getting pregnant. First Breeding with her was shipped / AI 'd - we did progesterone testing aswel Day 8 of cycle she was...
Views: 382   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 29, 2007 1:40pm
by Diane
What magnification?
Does anyone know what is the ideal/proper magnification to see sperm under a microscope?
Views: 456   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 29, 2007 12:50pm
by M. Sale - Larksp...
Eye color question
A question for chocolate Lab folks. At what age approximately do a chocolate's eyes achieve their final color? My pup's eyes were green at first and are now sort of yellow gold. He's 4 months old.
Views: 567   Replies: 12
Last Post: May 29, 2007 11:11am
by JanG
Misting systems
Does anyone have information about who sells misting systems? I would apprecate any information.
Views: 600   Replies: 12
Last Post: May 29, 2007 10:13am
by Kay
Big vs Little Litters
Do you find that bigger litters tend to whelp earlier than little litters, or the other way around? Or it doesn't matter?
Views: 494   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 28, 2007 11:18pm
by BBE
LRCP web site moves to new server - check your links and bookmarks
The LRCP web site moved to a new server this weekend. You MAY have to refresh your links. The site can still be found at www.lrcp.com Any links that include the subdirectory /2005/ such as, www.lrcp.com/2005/Index.shtml will no longer work. Just remove the "/2005...
Views: 395   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 28, 2007 7:00pm
by Kempers Keeper
o
Oy Vey
LRCP Hunt test photos
Photos by MSW http://www.lrcp.com/2005/Index.shtml http://www.lrcp.com/2005/2007HUNTTEST/2007JRLAND/2007JRLAND.htm http://www.lrcp.com/2005/2007HUNTTEST/2007LRCPJRWATER_1/2007JRWATER_1.htm http://www.lrcp.com/2005/2007HUNTTEST/2007LRCPJRWATER_2/200...
Views: 501   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 28, 2007 6:55pm
by Kempers Keeper
Revival sheet.
If you e-mailed me for the Revival med sheet and didn't receive your copy...send request again. Some of you went to my bulk folder..I think I got everyone but not sure.
Views: 388   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 28, 2007 5:36pm
by S.Allets
Stud dog question
Just thought I might throw this out there: I co-own a girl who just came into season and will be bred via AI when the time is right. The stud dog was chosen by my girl's breeder/co-owner and I have never seen a photo of him. I have been requesting this for abo...
Views: 686   Replies: 13
Last Post: May 28, 2007 5:30pm
by Breeder
looking for a picture
Of J-Bee's Pride n Joy.Does anyone know where I can find a picture and where this stud-dog can be located?I Googled the name under the web and image tab and all I find are cocker spaniel dogs or schematics. TIA for any help. Cheers!
Views: 631   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 28, 2007 1:11pm
by Breeder2007
Specialty Calendar Update Posted
I have posted an update to the Specialty Calendar. Remember, the information contained on this list is only as good as what is provided to me from your emails, or what I have looked-up myself. Of course, your submissions make the job easier. Michelle
Views: 401   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 28, 2007 12:46am
by Michelle
t
Teresa
Scrotal dermatitis
Hi, I have a young male (< 2years) that had scrotal irritation secondary to a bout of profuse hemorrhagic diarrhea a few days ago. The irritation improved significantly in the 48 hour period following the diarrhea. He seemed to be improving with his degree of comf...
Views: 351   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 28, 2007 12:05am
by Robin
laxating patella
Not sure if this has been covered. Is it genetic? Can it happen twice to the same leg? Does anyone cover this as part of your gaurantee?
Views: 442   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 27, 2007 11:34pm
by JMO
t
Teresa
chew resistant beds/crate pads
Any good opinions on chew resistant crate pads or dog beds. My boys are good when in the house, but when I leave them, I am afraid that if I put a crate pad in with them they may eat it and obstruct when I cannot watch them. However, the elbows on the big boy are g...
Views: 432   Replies: 9
Last Post: May 27, 2007 10:56pm
by El
a
Al
Mexico World Show 2007, 1st Day
I am happy to congratulate my good friend Marco Iragorri, owner and breeder of Cloud Nine, and handler Wendy Knox. First day BOB Mex. CH Cloud Nine, BOS Tiger Hawke owned by Ryan Chambers and Family. For those who may remember, Cloud was the winner of the Open Yell...
Views: 683   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 27, 2007 1:28am
by Al
Mushrooms
It's that time of year again and the mushrooms are starting to appear in my yard. Poop patrol now becomes poop and mushroom patrol! I seem to remember someone advising to add lime to the lawn to prevent mushrooms. Is this correct? Is this safe to do with a preg...
Views: 361   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 27, 2007 9:27pm
by kimberjac
Progesterone Before Chilled
Just curious whether most stud dog owner's are reqiring progesterone testing on the girl prior to shipping out chilled semem?
Views: 378   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 27, 2007 5:26pm
by Lucille
Old Studs
I don't own any studs but wonder what happens to the old men when their semen isn't any good or they are just plain old? Do they get placed? Neutered? I know many of the girls bet placed after she's done breeding so wondered about the boys.
Views: 787   Replies: 17
Last Post: May 27, 2007 5:00pm
by Kinsey Labradors
cherry eye from an injury??
I noticed my girl's eye last night was swollen and looked like she has cherry eye... pink tissue protruding out the bottom eye. Upon a closer look she had a seed in her eye that I was able to retrieve. This morning my girl's eye is still watery and the pink tissue is...
Views: 343   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 27, 2007 4:46pm
by kathy Coleman
Whelping dates
I did a search and could not find it. When someone said Whelping would be 61 days ? from when the girl reach 5.0 on her progesterone test ? Was that right ? Older we get the less we can seem to keep straight.
Views: 362   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 27, 2007 3:49pm
by Breeder Two
Bonnie Demille
Does any one know what her kennel name is and how to reach Bonne Demille? TY
Views: 605   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 27, 2007 3:14pm
by Breeder
Micsroscopes
I am looking to buy an inexpensive (hopefully) microscope so I can check the quality of semen received, and semen I am sending out. Not having any science background, I have no idea what I should be looking for. What is the magnification needed to get a good look at...
Views: 373   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 27, 2007 1:43pm
by Diane
PRA Dogs question
What is the oldest someone has notice PRA setting in and starting and what is the youngest ? Just with anyones experience. If it were 9 years old would you think it might be something else ? I had it show up very young in the dog I purchased but was doing cerfs. A...
Views: 529   Replies: 10
Last Post: May 27, 2007 11:51am
by Jamie k
c
Cher
when can you feel puppies?
Wanted to know when the average time frame is when you can feel puppies moving during a pregnancy ?
Views: 339   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 27, 2007 11:24am
by Mark D.
c
cheema
Lenches Gallavant
Please anybody could let me know where can i find pic of Lenches Gallavant.Thanks
Views: 653   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 26, 2007 7:23pm
by cheema
What does "typey" mean to you?
"Typey" is such an interesting word, I think we all have an idea of what we consider typey to mean. Just looking for other (especially more experienced)thoughts. TIA
Views: 1074   Replies: 12
Last Post: May 26, 2007 1:51pm
by *shaking head*
E-Mail Problems
Hi - Apologies for this off-topic note... I had a problem with my e-mail address which just kept resending the same mail from last Thursday over and over again. I had to delete and re-add it, and have lost all e-mails since Thursday. If you e-mailed me in the last...
Views: 361   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 26, 2007 1:35pm
by Nancy Rudgers
CH Brighton Holland Satisfaction
Does anyone know where I can find a photo of CH Brighton Holland Satisfaction?
Views: 472   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 26, 2007 1:13pm
by Rosy Harkow
m
MK
Anxiety in older dogs
There was a thread a while back about older dogs that suddenly start to show signs of anxiety. Someone posted that there is a medical condition that can cause this behavior. I haven't been able to find the thread. Can anyone help me find that info? Thanks....
Views: 473   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 26, 2007 12:27pm
by suepuff
LRC National Specialty 2007
I went to their web site and there are no judges listed or supt.?
Views: 506   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 26, 2007 10:24am
by Breeder
Another Optigen question
This is probably a very stupid question, but here goes. Can a carrier dog be more likely to produce a carrier than another carrier dog? I know of a couple of carriers that seem to produce a high rate of carriers, when the statistics say it should be 50/50. Also, I kn...
Views: 380   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 26, 2007 9:02am
by FV
Divorce and dogs
My life has been turned up side down. I was in a 30 year marrage. Stay at home Mom lived for my family, kids and dogs. My husband did everything for me. Now I have been forced to place dogs and get my life back together. I don't have a college degree. I need to ge...
Views: 1566   Replies: 62
Last Post: May 26, 2007 8:21am
by Me Oh My
Colitis and metronidazole dosing
I have a 6-year-old suffering from a bout of what seems to be colitis. Stools have been negative for Giardia, etc. He was prescribed metronidazole but after 4 days, still having mucus in his stool and still soft stools. I was told to give him two 500-mg tablets (1...
Views: 412   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 25, 2007 8:26pm
by Diane Sullenberg...
OptiGen Poll!
OK, here's a question I've been meaning to ask: I have a lovely young male who I am preparing to unleash on the show ring any day now, and whom I one day hope to offer at stud. (I'll call him Sam.) Sam was born into the last litter my dearly beloved old Champio...
Views: 611   Replies: 33
Last Post: May 25, 2007 7:50pm
by Judy Heim
Golden Gate LRC October 19-20, 2007 32nd & 33rd Annual Specialty
Golden Gate Labrador Retriever Club will be offering for the first time back-to-back specialties. Friday will be a bare bones show followed by our traditional specialty on Saturday. In addition, the ring set up will be outside the fairground gates in the orchard n...
Views: 466   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 25, 2007 7:06pm
by Martha Shaw
Debarking
I am at my wits end....I have a dog that I really want to keep but he is getting all the other dogs going with him and I am afraid that the neighbors will not put up with this. What are your experiences with debarking as a LAST resort? I have tried bark collars and t...
Views: 793   Replies: 51
Last Post: May 25, 2007 1:42pm
by S.Allets...payba...
Pre whelping xray
What is the earliest an xray to get a puppy count can be done? What is the best day to do it? I was told 5 days before the due date. Do you agree? I would like to do it sooner than 5 days ahead if I can.
Views: 411   Replies: 10
Last Post: May 25, 2007 10:21am
by Patty/Snowco Lab...
Cypress Mulch
I have covered an area in my yard with Cypress Mulch. I read here awhile ago that it was a good choice. The garden center said that it was one of the few mulches that does not have dyes and preservatives in it. So far, I figure it is a good choice. Here is my prob...
Views: 363   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 25, 2007 9:24am
by Bronco
American Idol
Is there anyone out there who is still awake and can tell me who won Am. Idol! It went over and I had recorded it so I missed the very end. I have looked everywhere to try to find the answer but finally had to come to the Lab forum for heaven's sakes. Judy
Views: 740   Replies: 14
Last Post: May 25, 2007 7:54am
by Susan
Are these good judges for Chocolate dogs?
Hi All, Not trying to start anything, but I'm looking to send my chocolate girl with a handler and have very limited info about these judges, any thoughts would be great and private replies please. Arley Hussin Dorothy MacDonald Dr. Lee Anthony Reasin Larry...
Views: 589   Replies: 10
Last Post: May 25, 2007 7:34am
by Breeder Two
Apple seeds
Why is it apple seeds are bad for dogs? TIA
Views: 403   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 25, 2007 3:54am
by JP
Optigen dilemma
Very simple: One of my stud dogs is a carrier. Breeder wants to use him on her untested bitch. I love this bitch. I would love to keep a pup from this breeding. She can only be normal or carrier, not affected. No time for testing her. She is in season now. Question t...
Views: 602   Replies: 18
Last Post: May 24, 2007 6:49pm
by Another PRA Affe...
prcd-PRA normal clear by parentage status
A friend and I have been having some discussion about this. Years ago I had correspondence with Optigen and OFA about the possibility of "someone" offering a registry for those dogs "clear by parentage", and at that time there seemed to be a liability concern and/or...
Views: 401   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 24, 2007 6:27pm
by Optigen
Online Entry Service
Does anyone beside me wish the AKC had a central entry system for all AKC licensed shows? I'm sick of the varying differences between the database entry services that each Superintendent. Oh, and I hate the fact that RJDS seems to be down every morning when entries...
Views: 364   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 24, 2007 4:30pm
by Cinderbay
d
D C
Kink in Tail
does anyone know if there is a problem showing a dog with a sight kink/bend at the end of the tail?
Views: 561   Replies: 9
Last Post: May 24, 2007 4:18pm
by breeder
Patterns in specialty judges
As I look through the list of specialty club shows each year I see the same pattern of judges over and over again--why is that??? Aren't there enough lab judges to go around that we could have different judges at most specialties? I think clubs would get bigger ent...
Views: 660   Replies: 9
Last Post: May 24, 2007 3:27pm
by Rycroft Labrador...
CKC Shows ... points
I have a question about CKC Conformation shows and points. What does the dog need to win to obtain points towards their championship? Also, how do you figure out how many points they are going to receive if they win? TIA!
Views: 327   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 24, 2007 11:49am
by Kim/Pirate
No Interest in sex, My Dog!!!!
I have a male 19 months. He shows no interst in any female in heat.To the point where he wants to breed. He does lick, Never gets horny enough to mount. The one bitch just stands there and doesn't initate it.other then basically sitting on his face. !!! The oth...
Views: 519   Replies: 13
Last Post: May 24, 2007 8:42am
by Diane Webb
OCD
I have been online reading up on OCD. It seems some say OCD is not hereditary, while others say it is. For certain, I have not found anything definitive. What I am wondering is this, has anyone bred dogs with OCD and what have those dogs produced?
Views: 604   Replies: 12
Last Post: May 24, 2007 8:35am
by Julia
swimmer puppy
I think I have a almost 2 week old swimmer puppy on my hands. I've never seen or had one before but her chest is pretty flat and though I know that pups usually don't start getting up and wobbling around waking until closer to 3 weeks, her other littermates are alrea...
Views: 470   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 24, 2007 8:17am
by Alice G. Chalmer...
we are very pleased- brag
We are very pleased that our "Andie" Bluesouth's Dream a lil Dream ( out of Ch Bluesouth's Cassiopeia x Am Can Ch Ebonylane's kid for Cranbrooke went BOB at the Kitchener Ontario dog show on the weekend at 7 .5 months old.And also our other girl Bluesouth's Last call...
Views: 610   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 24, 2007 3:40am
by Congratulations
Happy Birthday Cam Adams
Happy 65th Birthday!
Views: 297   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 24, 2007 3:01am
by Jackie, Black Sa...
Labrador Specialty in Mexico
Don't forget the last saturday of may, the labrador specialty hosted by Manolo Queijeiro, Marco Iragorri and Jose Antonio Garcia. The specialty will be at the World Show. The judge will be MARION HOPKINSON, who kindly and personally accepted the invitation by t...
Views: 645   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 20, 2007 7:45am
by Nancy Rudgers
ladies kennel club & long island kennel club shows !!!
We are so proud of Diego & Raven & Trace for doing so well at last weekends shows. friday trace took winners dog, saturday trace went reserve and on sunday Diego&Raven,litter mates took winners dog, winners bitch and B.O.W. both are 14 months old. we would also like...
Views: 409   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 23, 2007 11:13pm
by GaetaCreek Labs
Nurtra Nuggets Lamb Meal and Rice from Costco RECALL
More food recalls...sigh... Please forward this information to family or friends that have pets. "Nutra Nuggets" is recalling their 40 pound Lamb Meal and Rice Dry Formula for Dogs. The contaminated batch's product code is #NLR0404 and the Best Buy dates are O...
Views: 355   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 23, 2007 10:05pm
by Concerned
5 Way Puppy Shot
Anyone know where I might be able to purchase a single 5 way (no lepto) puppy shot? I don't need 25! Johanne
Views: 402   Replies: 9
Last Post: May 23, 2007 8:53pm
by JMO
Canidae food
Does anyone feed this food and what are your thoughts good or bad? TIA!
Views: 366   Replies: 9
Last Post: May 23, 2007 8:16pm
by Annie
b
barb
Not Too Late for LRCGB
Join us at the Labrador Retriever Club of Greater Boston Fun in the Sun Specialty - June 14th and 15th at the 4H Fairgrounds in Westford, Mass. Judges Thursday: CONFORMATION DOGS & INTERSEX: Michael Lanctot CONFORMATION BITCHES, VETERANS & NON-REGULAR: Linda...
Views: 402   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 23, 2007 6:02pm
by barb
s
Sue
canvas crates...
Any suggestions on the type of collapsible canvas (or similar product)crate...in the south, so I need lots of ventilation. Would like to have on hand for ease w/ travel. Thanks, in advance.
Views: 514   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 23, 2007 5:31pm
by Susan
Motherhood
I took some photos this morning, and couldn't help but share these images of mother and children on their first day on the lawn getting some sunshine. Is there anything more beautiful than motherhood? http://www.blueknightlabs.com/kennelcam/5-07/5-21/Img_4092.jpg...
Views: 712   Replies: 18
Last Post: May 23, 2007 1:58pm
by Oy Vey
j
Jill
Specialty Results Page
Hi..  I've updated the Specialty Results Page  If anyone sees anything amiss, or would like a picture of their dog added, just let me know. tt, Jill
Views: 941   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 23, 2007 12:57pm
by JanG
s
Susan
Best Advice
What is the single best piece of advice your mentor or someone in labs gave to you when you were first starting out? Of everything that you learned about this sport, what is that one thing that sticks out as being invaluable to you in your breeding career? I've...
Views: 943   Replies: 28
Last Post: May 23, 2007 12:33pm
by Linda Hester
Titles, training, & ages....
If you have a smart, healthy, well-bred Labrador Retriever that begins early training/socialization at 3 months of age with a professional trainer for specific skills such as what is required to earn a CGC, a CD, and a JH, and continue training full time until the ti...
Views: 502   Replies: 16
Last Post: May 23, 2007 8:21am
by Heidi @ Paradigm
c
colors
what color leads? Neat survey!!
I have noticed a new trend of Labradors coming into the ring with neat colored leads and collars lately! I think it is great! Just wondered if we could do a survey about who likes what? Here goes: What do you show your..... Ylw bitch in? Ylw dog...
Views: 630   Replies: 20
Last Post: May 23, 2007 7:26am
by Alexandra
n
show schedule??
Where is the best place to get a full schedule of all AKC all-breed conformation shows besides the AKC website? Thanks in advance!
Views: 478   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 23, 2007 7:24am
by Nancy Rudgers
Diarrhea
my 10 month old puppy had diarrhea and i am not sure what to do. i'm going to try the apple sauce trick but how much should i give to her. i have also heard of mixing rice and applesauce together. what kind of rice, and again how much? does anyone else have a differe...
Views: 474   Replies: 14
Last Post: May 23, 2007 4:25am
by S.Allets
c
Cory
Mission Circuit
I have a young boy entered all days at the MC and I fell and can't run with him. Does anyone know a handler that could grab him ringside? Any junior handlers out there? I can afford about 50 or 65 not the 100 bucks the pros charge. Anyways if your out there let me kn...
Views: 350   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 23, 2007 4:13am
by Rycroft Labrador...
o
Oh no!
show leads and where to get?
In light of the other thread, thought I'd start a new one about where to buy show leads. I get mine from the Stitched Paw, but now going on their website see that they are not accepting new orders What a shame, they have beautiful leads! I hope everything is o...
Views: 514   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 23, 2007 2:53am
by J. Musella
Lab Puppy PC Pal
Pretty cute free stuff: http://www.kleenexpuppy.com.au/PuppyStuff.asp
Views: 746   Replies: 14
Last Post: May 22, 2007 5:37pm
by DITTO CAUTION! H...
Breeder Judges
Is somewhere there a complete listing of AKC approved US breeder judges? This info would be helpful to find their upcoming assignments at smaller shows on infodog or clubs with small budgets selecting US judges for their specialties. I know of quite a few, but I...
Views: 1184   Replies: 31
Last Post: May 22, 2007 4:38pm
by Lab Lover
Judges gifts
For those of you that judge what do you really like to received as a judges gift these days? Is practical stuff better? Like gasoline /restaurant cards? Or knick knacky stuff? (not good in a house of otter-tailed labs!) or Lab related stuff in general?
Views: 476   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 22, 2007 2:33pm
by MK
d
Diane
Hyper keratosis
Has anyone come across this problem. Feel free to email me privately to. I just spoke to one of my puppy clients. Who has a dog from us who is 18 mos. The only puppy from the dam and sire that came from canada.The rest of the puppies have no signs of this problem...
Views: 678   Replies: 14
Last Post: May 22, 2007 1:15pm
by Rachael
Interesting Link
Go to Yahoo News, and type in: " Who's the doggy Daddy?" Watch their video. Very interesting updates in DNA testing. This tool will be very useful in determining what other breeds are in your dog's heritage. www.whatsmydog.com
Views: 521   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 22, 2007 12:57pm
by JMO
time between seasons
I have a 4 yo girl that I am planning to breed for the first time (mine, and hers. Yes she has all clearances and is titled). She has had 6 heat cycles to date, days between cycles have been 186, 186, 180, 164, 202. She was due in on 4/16 if I go by the ~186 days...
Views: 510   Replies: 10
Last Post: May 22, 2007 12:50pm
by Patty/Snowco Lab...
Join the fight against CA AB 1634
Please Cross Post and send to your email lists. STOP AB 1634, THE PET EXTINCTION ACT CAMPAIGN PetPAC held a strategy meeting today with Bill Hemby Campaign Coordinator, Campaign Director, Barry Wyatt, ERW Group, LLC, Barry@erwgroup.com, our Communications Di...
Views: 263   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 22, 2007 10:49am
by Lori
bitch in season
does anyone know about what age bitches will go into season? like how young do they usually go into season?
Views: 520   Replies: 11
Last Post: May 22, 2007 9:51am
by Dayna
Missed breedings
A couple of years ago alot were talking about missed breedings ? Have not heard that as much lately. What was learned from that year or so of missed ? Did you find anything to be the reason ? Testing, tubes, labratory test was sent, even the water in areas ? Had wo...
Views: 487   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 22, 2007 8:53am
by More info
Interdigital cysts
Has anybody got any tips for dealing with interdigital cysts besides using antibiotics over and over again? They seem to recur with monotonous regularity on one of my Labs. I have tried soaking the foot in a solution of hot water and epsom salts several times a day....
Views: 517   Replies: 10
Last Post: May 21, 2007 11:04pm
by bdr
l
Laurie
Question on the timing of breeding
Here is my situation...I did a bunch of Target tests on Onyx because the last time she was in heat she came in and went out in 8 days. So we were breeding her at Potomac. On Monday of Potomac week, she was a C2 on the Target test and was Day 13. So we found a vet cli...
Views: 506   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 21, 2007 8:11pm
by Nancy Rudgers
Specialty Trophy Question
I am looking for new ideas for trophies - BOB,BOS, etc. and would love some input. Would you prefer an actual trophy item (glass, silver, pewter) which has the win on it with date or are people now at the point where they would prefer a gift card (American Expres...
Views: 461   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 21, 2007 7:30pm
by Anne
Photos from LRCSC
Just curious to know if any one who had their photos done at the LRCSC have gotten them back yet? I am anxiously awaiting Truly's JAM photo! TIA Dianne
Views: 504   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 21, 2007 7:24pm
by Rycroft Labrador...
t
Tina
keyword in search - help needed
Can someone tell me what key word will work in search field to pull up the thread not long ago about the stringlike mucous discharge in pregnant female? i searched discharge, mucous discharge, pregnancy and dischare...and it ain't givin' me results. Would like the fi...
Views: 495   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 21, 2007 6:21pm
by M. Bickford
AKC CAR
are we all using this system nowadays for our litters? I have been using home again is the AKC CAR better? I can't find a price for the AKC CAR on their site. Any suggestions where to buy home again at a decent price? so confusing
Views: 352   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 21, 2007 5:42pm
by Dog Paw
l
Laura
judges for the National
Anybody know who the judges are for the National? We wish they would post them so we could plan ahead. They should be approved by now!
Views: 664   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 21, 2007 5:05pm
by Another European...
Puppies are here!
The puppies arrived and all are healthy. So far 6 beauties - all yellow of course - 4 boys and 2 girls and she still looks very big. She has had an extremely easy time of it - Thank God we are Blessed today. My server is on overload so if any of you would like to...
Views: 928   Replies: 18
Last Post: May 21, 2007 2:13pm
by Patty/Snowco Lab...
Optigen B boys and offsprings
Does anyone have any history with their B boys and results of offsprings. Know alot will not be Optigen tested but of the ones that have, are your per cents up better than you would think, on the Normals, for offsprings ? Mine sure are and just wonder if it was just...
Views: 473   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 21, 2007 1:05pm
by BBE
a
AnnaH
Winnebago LRC - reminder
Come join us for a fun time at the Winnebago LRC specialty on Friday and Saturday, June 15& 16th -it's a 60's theme this year. Friday, June 15, 2007 Agility, Fun Match, CGC, Hospitality Agility Judge: Kathy Guerra Saturday, June 16, 2007 Mrs. Claire White...
Views: 305   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 21, 2007 1:02pm
by AnnaH
r
Rosie
Temperament Is it genetic or generational
I have been wondering if temperament and other dog behaviors are generational or genetic. We all the know the obvious that would fall under genetic but what do others think are generational?
Views: 585   Replies: 16
Last Post: May 21, 2007 9:58am
by Nancy Rudgers
Showing a girl in season
Apart from the obvious things such as informing the judge that my girl is in season and keeping at bay until her class, what advice do you have for a newbie showing a bitch in season for the first time?
Views: 531   Replies: 23
Last Post: May 21, 2007 9:54am
by Charles Kramer
Grooming question
What's the best grooming tool for removing loose hair? Shedding blade, comb, rake etc. Has anyone ever used a short rake?
Views: 570   Replies: 14
Last Post: May 21, 2007 9:50am
by Charles Kramer
r
Robin
White ring around the tail
With my current litter, 6 weeks old, two of the three yellows have whitish rings around their tails, about 1 inch or so from the base. These two have the best coats. I remember this from the past but have not seen this in awhile, and don't remember what the signifi...
Views: 519   Replies: 9
Last Post: May 21, 2007 9:49am
by Charles Kramer
PSLRA Specialty
Our Show Chair asked for a friendly reminder to be posted about our fabulous Specialty coming up in August. Hope you can join us! PSLRA SPECIALTY August 3 & 4, 2007 ********************************** Regular Classes and Intersex - Heather Wiles-Fone - Heather...
Views: 472   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 21, 2007 9:47am
by Charles Kramer
Was Amish, now bettering the breed
There are a lot of breeders who are rightly very protective of our breed. Despite this, I see a lot of dogs standing at stud with failed hips and elbows and a lot of dogs who didn't have their elbows done (or did they), many of whom have a similar history behind the...
Views: 828   Replies: 21
Last Post: May 21, 2007 9:45am
by Charles Kramer
small brag
Just got home from the UKC Shows in Enfield, CT hosted by the Twin Corgi Club of America. My Bitch, Rosemont Cracker Jack ~ Peanut, went BIS in the 2nd show. What a shock! I've never had the pleasure to stay that late at ANY show!! I'm so proud of my Peanutty!!
Views: 535   Replies: 9
Last Post: May 21, 2007 9:31am
by Susan
p
Pam
Progesterone level of non pregnant bitches
I have a question about progesterone. I bred a bitch and the breeding did not take, I checked her progesterone 7 weeks post breeding and it was 1.6 I know it drops but don't know if this is too low or not. Her previous cycle, I was too late for a breeding as her pr...
Views: 494   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 21, 2007 8:08am
by kathyvmd
Professional Agitators
Professional Agitators (or maybe Amateur Agitators) go into a situation and cause agitation. They push hot buttons and cause arguments and conflict. For example, a political group might hire professional agitators to supplement a demonstration. They make lots of n...
Views: 957   Replies: 27
Last Post: May 20, 2007 5:10pm
by Um DUH!
d
dirty
Quick way to get stains off light yellow dog??
Anyone have any ideas? I'm desperate!
Views: 403   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 19, 2007 9:55pm
by GaetaCreek Labs
j
Jill
OPTIGEN 20/20 CLINICS
Does anyone have the codes for any of the upcoming 20 / 20 clinics? I looked at the Optigen website , but couldn't find any codes... tia, Jill
Views: 552   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 19, 2007 8:43pm
by Judy Chambers
Taking Paypal For Puppies?
Taking Paypal For Puppies? What is the current consensus amongst breeders about taking Paypal for puppies? More and more people want to use Paypal when paying for their puppy. I used to think it was sort of cheesy for lack of a better word but it seems to be g...
Views: 602   Replies: 16
Last Post: May 19, 2007 7:17pm
by Great idea
d
Diane
Apartment Dwellers
I just had a guy who was referred by a one our puppy clients. He is a disabled Vet. But not physically. He lives in apt. But assured me he will walk the dog as much as needed. It would be a puppy. He is home most of the time. I have sold puppies to people with smal...
Views: 517   Replies: 13
Last Post: May 19, 2007 12:04pm
by Diane
s
Scott
NorthEast Area (LYME)
Living in the NorthEast I am wondering how many folks use both yearly Lyme titer and a Frontline type of prouct to protect their dogs. Is frontline enough if you do alot of feildwork?
Views: 460   Replies: 11
Last Post: May 18, 2007 10:04pm
by barb
What Do you Do?
I am curious as to how many of you put your girl on puppy food during her pregnancy....and if so what kind. My vet advised to put my girl on puppy food 2 weeks prior to whelp. My breeder told me to put her on puppy food now as her pregnancy was confirmed today at 3...
Views: 862   Replies: 21
Last Post: May 18, 2007 8:45pm
by Sherry
a
anon
Trolls
It appears the trolls have taken over....
Views: 555   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 18, 2007 8:17pm
by Annie
Worms
Noticed the post about getting tapeworm medication for someone's dog and wondered, have any of you ever gotten parasites or worms from your pets?
Views: 279   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 18, 2007 6:52pm
by Annomouse
More Dog food recall will it ever end?
Recall -- Firm Press Release FDA posts press releases and other notices of recalls and market withdrawals from the firms involved as a service to consumers, the media, and other interested parties. FDA does not endorse either the product or the company. This li...
Views: 497   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 18, 2007 6:37pm
by Heather Johnson-...
CA AB 1634 - What's next
CROSS-POSTED The Appropriations Committee vote on AB 1634 in fact was 10 to 6 –with Caballero (Salinas) and Ma (San Francisco) breaking away from the other Democrats with 2 NO votes. A long-time lobbyist friend explained what I heard was what is called a &...
Views: 281   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 18, 2007 6:18pm
by Trina
Ah, so the Amish breeders aren't PM's - HA!
Anyone live in Virginia?? http://network.bestfriends.org/truth/news/14974.html
Views: 517   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 18, 2007 5:52pm
by Gail Cayce-Adams
cheapest frontline or advantage flea products??
Where is the cheapest place online to buy flea preventative like Frontline and Advantage/Advantix?
Views: 293   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 18, 2007 4:39pm
by a friend of Marg...
Sorry...one more question.
Is oxytetracycline nasal dosage ok to give to preg. momma's for kennel cough?
Views: 412   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 18, 2007 2:51pm
by S. Allets
When to switch to twice a day
When is the best time to switch to feeding twice a day? I have a twelve week old and I'm feeding puppy food three time a day. I'm going to switch to adult at six months.
Views: 426   Replies: 10
Last Post: May 18, 2007 2:28pm
by Puppy owner
Tapeworms
Does anyone have an off label Rx for tapeworms?
Views: 328   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 18, 2007 2:02pm
by S. Allets
Bloat death
When a dog dies of bloat is the abdomen HUGE or does fatality set in before it gets that large?
Views: 684   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 18, 2007 9:24am
by Dev'Sun Labrador...
What is a "Puppy Mill"?
The AKC term is HVB - High Volume Breeder - The AKC could care less if they show their dogs or do health tests - they want the registration dollars... period. To the collective people that frequent this forum, just what IYO is a Puppy Mill? Is it a farmer, who...
Views: 705   Replies: 21
Last Post: May 18, 2007 7:17am
by very bad
First time moms
I have a girl who is going to whelp her first litter next month. She is my "heart dog" and I'm very nervous about it, which is unusual for me. I usually get so excited for puppies and don't get nervous about the delivery until labor starts. But none of the girls I...
Views: 278   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 17, 2007 11:20pm
by Donna
How much for ultrasound?
How much does it cost at your vet for an ultrasound of a pregnant bitch?
Views: 486   Replies: 21
Last Post: May 17, 2007 11:01pm
by Sherry
Osteosarcoma
Would anyone linebreed on a dog who had osteosarcoma or a similar cancer that may or may not be hereditary? Just wondering if it's been done.
Views: 514   Replies: 11
Last Post: May 17, 2007 9:22pm
by kimberjac
Try a new strategy with people?
If people have so much energy to do the wrong thing then they have enough energy to do the right thing and focus on the positive in all instead of the negative. This would lift everyone up and bring forth the best in people. Contrary to current beliefs I think 99....
Views: 523   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 17, 2007 8:35pm
by Hallelujah!!!
e
Erin
Ebay again...
http://cgi.ebay.com/BUSTER-FOR-STUD-Yellow-Labrador-Retriever-AKC_W0QQitemZ190113904959QQihZ009QQcategoryZ134793QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Views: 751   Replies: 15
Last Post: May 17, 2007 8:07pm
by JMO
p
Pat
Tired of trolls, etc.
Lately it seems there have been troll's, or BYB's, or puppy mills posting all the time. I've noticed it on these subjects in particular: puppy mills, just oh my, Amish, ebay again, silver breeders and mixed breeds. I don't know who they are or if it is one person,...
Views: 529   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 17, 2007 8:07pm
by Breeder Two
Rabbits!! (addendum to thread re mice)
Along the same vein...do you think the fox urine could also deter wabbits? I haven't seen many suburban foxes lately, and the rabbits have returned in large numbers. Ditto for squirrels. Thnx.
Views: 410   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 17, 2007 3:19pm
by MK
ILRC Hunt Test & WC/WCI Announcement
The Iroquois Labrador Retriever Club is hosting our annual Junior/Senior Hunt Test at Three River Wildlife Management Area in Baldwinsville NY on Saturday, June 16th, 2007. We are also running a Working Certificate (WC) and Working Certificate Intermediate (WCI) test...
Views: 248   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 17, 2007 1:24pm
by ILRC HT Secretar...
MICE!!!
I hate to use poisons around my dogs for mice, but I have been less than successful with traps....tried to be good using the havahart trap, but the mice kept getting out....I couldn't get it to work right; the snap trap they have been avoiding lately for better fare;...
Views: 568   Replies: 12
Last Post: May 17, 2007 1:15pm
by CM
a
anon
Plea to protect dog breeding...
posted on another list... Please help protect pet breeding -- Part 1 -- PLEASE FORWARD TO ALL Posted by: "Walt" waltah@earthlink.net waltah0 Mon May 14, 2007 4:52 am (PST) PLEASE FORWARD TO ALL PET LISTS Animal rightists hate the idea of people ha...
Views: 553   Replies: 9
Last Post: May 17, 2007 12:56pm
by Gina in PA
Minitube---HELP
I have been asked to send semen on one of my stud dog using Minitube. Got the kit and nothing makes sence. The list they sent of what is in the box, was not in the box, but different things were. When I called, a very nice lady said, what I got was correct, the li...
Views: 553   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 17, 2007 11:21am
by Mary Wiest
j
JMO
Just....Oh My.....:(
http://www.pupclassifieds.com/Breeds/Miniature%20Australian%20Labradoodle.htm
Views: 1262   Replies: 54
Last Post: May 17, 2007 9:54am
by News Flash
o
opps
just blew my nose on the tissue I used to check....
....to see if my girl is in heat :-) Anyone else care to share?
Views: 570   Replies: 9
Last Post: May 17, 2007 1:45am
by Boxa Tissues
How close is too close
As I look at pedigrees for possible studs, I was wondering how close is too close for line breeding? I know a nice boy who has the lines on the sire's side that I like, that would be a nice line breeding back into my girl, but they both have the same dam, so is that...
Views: 742   Replies: 10
Last Post: May 16, 2007 10:26pm
by Breeder 2
Problem early pregnancy
I have bred my female. This is her third litter. The last two without problem from start to finish. Now on day 17 after breeding she starts to bleed. I take her to the vet and they run a culture and put her on anti biotics. It stops. Everything is ok. Today day 22 t...
Views: 446   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 16, 2007 9:50pm
by no name brand
Big Brother is Watching!
This is scary stuff. I live in one of these counties and currently comply with all licensing and permits. If AB1634 goes through, I will be the first to get that knock on my door. Since when did it become a crime to own a pet? ******Permission to cross-post...
Views: 816   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 16, 2007 8:56pm
by Concerned Breede...
d
Diane
New Senior Hunter at Dutch Hollow
Congratulations to our dear friend Sandy McMillan of Dutch Hollow Labradors and her very pretty bitch Dutch Hollow's Charismatic, WC, JH, CD "Carrie" on earning her Senior Hunter title! Carrie is a lovely girl who went RWB at the Nationals in 04. Way to go Sandy an...
Views: 394   Replies: 9
Last Post: May 16, 2007 7:55pm
by Sandy McMillan
Re: Tammy Farrington
I need to get a hold of Tammy. Can someone please send me her email Thanks!
Views: 646   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 16, 2007 6:29pm
by Heidi @ Paradigm
KC in pups 3 weeks
Has anyone had pups come down with kennel cough real young like at 3 weeks. I think mine have it. The vet says she doesn't know for sure but she is treating them. Just wondered if anyone else has had real young pups get it?
Views: 353   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 16, 2007 5:59pm
by Linda
2007 LOC closes tonight!
June 2007 Labrador Owners Club Specialty Show closes tonight at 8pm. Please see the following link: http://www.labradorowners.com/2007ss.html The premium is in a .pdf format, entries can be faxed in to the show sec/super. Specialty classes, obedience trials, rall...
Views: 291   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 16, 2007 11:23am
by Kim/Pirate:LOC T...
Optigen % Breakdowns??
Would like to find info. on the breakdown of normals, carriers, and affected via Optigen testing.. I read it on someone 's forum but cant remember who's and need some facts for an inexperienced breeder..thanks.
Views: 540   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 16, 2007 11:21am
by try to help
awesome weekend for maritime labs
awesome job julie . you had a great weekend at the LRCPV.WB on friday with bena(congrats to karen pandolfi for breeding that beautiful girl), BISSW on friday with Gabby, WB friday with Brinna, BISSW with Gabby on sat, and BOSSW with Gabe. Then Windham on sunday Gab...
Views: 541   Replies: 14
Last Post: May 16, 2007 10:32am
by C. Stevens
concerned mother
I let the co owner of my bitch whelp our litter and the puppies are 6 weeks old and she won’t let me see them and won’t answer phone calls. What should I do? I have written to her snail and e and she ignores me. I called thee akc and they say it’...
Views: 809   Replies: 25
Last Post: May 16, 2007 9:36am
by Hattie
we have a big brag
Well our Topper grandaughter( Bluesouth's Dream a lil Dream out of Am/Ch Ebonylane's Kid for Cranbrooke and Can CH Bluesouth's Cassiopeia) WAS AT HER FIRST ALL BREED SHOW in Michigan at 7 months old took WB/BW/BOB and then took Best puppy in sporting group, we then w...
Views: 532   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 16, 2007 8:21am
by bluesouth labs
anesthetic and hip x-rays
Hi everyone, I am just curiouse, what level of anesthetic does you vet use for hip and elbow x-rays? I booked my apiontment today, and was told they would keep her most of the day because they were knocking her out under general. When I inquired at my vaccine apt, I...
Views: 468   Replies: 13
Last Post: May 16, 2007 8:06am
by kathyvmd
Golden Gate LRC show-n-go Sunday June 3, 2007
The Golden Gate Labrador Retriever Club will offer it's 3rd combined all breed obedience show-n-go and labrador retriever conformation match. Sunday June 3rd, 2007 Robert Park 4444 East Ave. Livermore, CA all judging is outdoors, bring your own shade and wat...
Views: 417   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 15, 2007 10:16pm
by Shelley Ellison
results LRCPV
we had a great specialty. the most entries we have ever had. great fun. great dogs, great people. here are the results. FRIDAY MAY 11th: BOB CH Hyspire Slim Shady JH BOS CH Allegheny's Gem Of Caer Bren BOW Wateroaks Vanilla Sugar WD Wateroaks Vanilla Sugar WB...
Views: 541   Replies: 9
Last Post: May 15, 2007 9:31pm
by Oy Vey
g
Gail
split cycle pregnancy
What's the probability of a pregnancy with the second half of a split heat cycle? It' been 3 months and 3 weeks when I noticed her, last Wednesday. Progesterone was done today. I'm waiting results. She looks like she is ready. Am I waisting my time? I have ne...
Views: 387   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 15, 2007 3:56pm
by Rycroft Labrador...
Pioneer Valley
Many thanks to the club members for putting on a great back to back specialty show... Your hard work and dedication was very evident!! We had a wonderful time and had some great placements too
Views: 445   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 15, 2007 1:06pm
by Judy Ellis
If AB 1634 Passes...
***permission to forward*** CA AB 1634 has passed out of committee. It will now go on to the appropriations committee. If it passes there, the next stop is the full assembly for a vote into law. If it becomes law, there will effectively be no more breeding in Cali...
Views: 589   Replies: 19
Last Post: May 15, 2007 12:10pm
by Vincent G. Mulll...
Blog on Newbies “Innocent Because They Are Newbies”
Blog on Newbies “Innocent Because They Are Newbies” I think this is an interesting theory and deserves some looking at. Do we excuse all the mistakes because one is a “Newbie” and this makes them innocent and not culpable for any of t...
Views: 965   Replies: 31
Last Post: May 15, 2007 11:41am
by Lara
Male pup with one testicle
We have a male pup that we were hoping to eventually use as a stud. He is currently 13 weeks old. When his breeder took him in for his health certificate at 8 weeks old, she said one of his testicles hadn't yet dropped but wasn't too concerned about it. When we to...
Views: 444   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 15, 2007 10:55am
by Melissa
j
jen l
PVLRC
hey everyone BOB Slim shady BOS claire senfield's veteran yellow bitch. Sorry dont know her name. BOW Yellow dog Out of Colonel named Biscuit. sorry again dont know names. WB mayfair's verbena. Blk am bred owned by julie jussaume and karen p. Best pupp...
Views: 699   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 15, 2007 10:21am
by Oy Vey
Coats and breeding decisions
Hypothetic question: Dog and bitch both have correct coat, but not an abundance of coat. Grandsire and Granddamn both sides have gorgeous coats. If everything else matched beautifully would you do t he breeding if you were looking to get a litter with nice coats? C...
Views: 405   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 15, 2007 9:29am
by wondering
a
Anne
to MVLRC show committee, thank you
THank you for an awesome show. I love your show, show site is beautiful. No fighting over spots!!!LOL!!! Your judging choices were great. A good time had by ALL! Thank you.
Views: 306   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 15, 2007 8:19am
by Mary Ann Hart
Current Dog Food Recall List ?
I started my Post Whelp dam on Super Premium Nutra Nuggets Puppy Kibble and now I am scared that this mass produced kibble is safe ? I used to use it all the time on my litters and my dam but if I could find out more information on this brand of kibble I'd feel mo...
Views: 444   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 15, 2007 12:14am
by Breeder
Pool Solar Covers
This is our first summer with Labs and a pool. How do you keep the Labs from eating your solar cover? Do you use some other method to keep your pool warm? I live in New Mexico so there's plenty of sunshine and solar covers work great here...but probably not with L...
Views: 336   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 14, 2007 11:50pm
by Susan
Horse Placenta
What consequneces could be if some dogs chewed the placenta of a new born colt, they did not eat it, just chewed and play with it for a litlle tiny bit? I am worried , please don´t be hard on me, is a simple question from someone new on dogs
Views: 447   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 14, 2007 9:57pm
by yum-o
UKCAKC
May I ask what UKC is and what UKC registered & why bothor AKC and UKC registration may be offered? How does the UKC point system work when showing a dog? Can you register with both? Is this also the other International Champion organisation {Not an Internationa...
Views: 596   Replies: 15
Last Post: May 14, 2007 9:26pm
by Show AND Hunt.
Pro Plan Puppy
Has anyone experienced any problems with Pro Plan Puppy (Lamb & Rice formula)? Reason: My 6-1/2 month old and his littermate (owned by a friend of mine) AND another friend's 2 litters of puppies (total 15 pups) have all become sick (vomiting and diarrhea) after bei...
Views: 515   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 14, 2007 6:27pm
by tombarlabs
d
Dayna
Coccidia
I took in a new foster service dog yesterday. He went to vet today for well check and has coccidia. I have never had this before. I need advice to make sure my dogs do not get it and that I will not have problems in the future with my puppies. TIA, Dayna
Views: 823   Replies: 38
Last Post: May 14, 2007 12:34pm
by !!!$$$
Any Results From Albuquerque?
Any results from the Albuquerque Specialty?
Views: 384   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 14, 2007 12:28pm
by Alexandra
ASPCA survey
any one else hear about this? Anyone concerned? http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=dogsurvey
Views: 542   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 14, 2007 12:17pm
by Anon2
NJ Mandatory S/N S1026
CROSSPOSTED** SOUND THE ALARM ASAP to OPPOSE NJ S1026! This proposed legislation is going before the Economic Growth Committee at 10 am on Monday, May 14th, Room #1 in the StateHouse Annex in Trenton, NJ. We need your help to OPPOSE NJ Senate bill 1026...
Views: 326   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 14, 2007 12:17pm
by Gina in PA
PVLRC
We want to congratulate our good friends Tom & Tam Flaherty for going Winners Dog & Best of Winners today with their boy Henry a/k/a Hedgelawn Doc Holiday. Way to go guys!
Views: 659   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 14, 2007 10:33am
by Shelley Ellison
t
Terry
Wiscoy's Trifecta
It was a 'family affair' at Miami Valley yesterday. Only ten and a half (10 1/2)months old, Wiscoys Brick took WD. His Mom, Genna took WB (finishing her Championship) and his proud Papa, Robin took BOB. This is one for the record books! Today, Brick took BISS, Ge...
Views: 934   Replies: 17
Last Post: May 14, 2007 9:58am
by Susan
Dog food poison was deliberate Just Like I said
Dear louise kling, It's Dr. Jon again. There is still NEW information coming out about the recall. For the most part, it has fallen off the radar of the mainstream press so I'm having to dig a little harder for information but am still working to keep you up-...
Views: 619   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 14, 2007 8:35am
by Carolyn
MVLRC results
MVLRC results were: Friday - BOB CH Wiscoys Robin BOS CH DiCroft Grace Kelly BOW Highflight Roxannes Genesis WD Wiscoys Brick RWD Queijeiro Empress Malik WB Highflight Roxannes Genesis RWB Tullamore's Gemini BISS Inselheim Fairy Dust...
Views: 659   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 14, 2007 8:19am
by OK,
v
Vicki
Flooring
I know this has been discussed before, but could we do it one more time, pleeeaassee? I would like the pros and cons of hardwood vs laminate flooring. Of course as related to having multiple inside dogs.
Views: 658   Replies: 21
Last Post: May 13, 2007 11:48pm
by Amanda Dearing
Palpate puppies ?
How early can you palpate puppies in bitch? Or, do you leave it up to your vet?
Views: 472   Replies: 9
Last Post: May 13, 2007 11:14pm
by Tamlyn Labs
l
Linda
Happy Mother's Day
To Moms of Fur and Flesh kids everywhere, here's wishing you a Happy Mother's Day.
Views: 261   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 13, 2007 11:14pm
by gm
p
Phil
Happy Mothers day!
Happy Mothers day to all the mothers out there
Views: 262   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 13, 2007 11:12pm
by gm
Miami Valley results past breed.......
Suzanne and I got so caught up yesterday that I don't know who won what after Trouble went breed. I (bucket boy) was marking the book and didn't see who won BOSS or who all got the JAM's.
Views: 605   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 13, 2007 6:28pm
by Steve & Suzanne-...
d
dago
potomac photos [looking for]
I'm looking for photos of my dauter. she was on novise black bitch class. dress with a pink coat. if any one have some photos, please e-mail me. thank you Dago Sanchez
Views: 452   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 13, 2007 4:55pm
by dago
Canidae
Has anyone had any experiences with Canidae food? TIA
Views: 455   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 13, 2007 4:30pm
by Ron
t
Tina
Question
All this recent chat on pregnant girls and progesterones and pregnancy/pulpation got me thinking... When a bitch is bred, and say does in fact get pregnant, when might a resorption occur? can it occur at any part of the pregnancy, or if it's going to happen, it wi...
Views: 606   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 13, 2007 4:09pm
by Agree
j
JMO
SCAM or BACKYARD BREEDER-TO-BE........???
did anyone happen top sell a dog named Evan to a guy Carl Welte? This guy emailed me, said he was looking for a pet, an older pup/adult the other day. I told him sorry, none available and a few days later got this response from him: "In the future yes... I a...
Views: 630   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 13, 2007 3:04pm
by Hattie
a
Alicia
MVLRC
Does anyone know who the photographer was?
Views: 474   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 13, 2007 12:40pm
by Alicia
h
Hattie
singleton puppy
One of my girls had a c-section this morning. She had just one puppy this time. I haven't raised a singleton puppy before. Any suggestions?
Views: 453   Replies: 11
Last Post: May 13, 2007 12:30pm
by Jackie, Black Sa...
Turned away from the car wash!
Today I took my van to the local car wash to get the interior shampooed. It's well overdue and needed an industrial cleaning. Once they looked inside they DECLINED to do it! OMG - they've done it before when it was worse... I was totally shocked. Oh well - I'll...
Views: 938   Replies: 26
Last Post: May 13, 2007 8:32am
by Nancy Rudgers
PRLRC Lab Fun Day and B match
Have you ever wondered what talents your Labrador might possess? Here’s your chance to find out. Bring your new puppies and your old timers! The Pawcatuck River Labrador Retriever Club is holding its fifth annual Labrador Retriever Fun Day on Sunday, May 2...
Views: 424   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 13, 2007 8:03am
by Kathy Cipriani
MVLRC
Any news from Miami Valley LRC show today?
Views: 752   Replies: 11
Last Post: May 13, 2007 6:42am
by Annomouse
South Florida results?
Any results from the SFLRC?
Views: 493   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 12, 2007 9:11pm
by Luciana and Jun...
Re: Pay Pal Account to List Litter
Can someone please help me, I'm about to throw my computer out the window LOL LOL I want to list a litter. Tried to pay through Pay Pal. Not sure if I already joined so submitted password that I used for everything. Didn't work. I clicked on "Forgot My Password...
Views: 691   Replies: 14
Last Post: May 12, 2007 8:28pm
by How do you list ...
DU & KIDS
Thought this was pretty cool what DU is doing for the kids See Link http://www.ducks.org/news/1220/CheckitoutdogDucksUn.html
Views: 410   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 12, 2007 3:59pm
by Prophet
j
JMO
SCAM????
Got this email from this place I never heard of. I am not involved in BullDogs either. Anyone else think this is a SCAM too? Notice the address is the Phillipines?? "Animal Rescue Foundation Email - animalrescueteam@2itb.com http://www.zyworld.com/rescue_shel...
Views: 793   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 12, 2007 3:51pm
by Susan
going home weekend
My little black girl has captured my heart. As we cuddle she and I bump muzzles and I feel her stiff coarse little whiskers and say good bye. Her yellow sister will be staying here with me...she is a touch more "correct." I know I'll fall in love with the little y...
Views: 589   Replies: 13
Last Post: May 12, 2007 2:37am
by Tiffany
FOR A HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
Have a wonderful time with your two legged and/or four legged kids!!!
Views: 266   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 11, 2007 11:17pm
by Oy Vey
j
Jan
breeding a young stud successfully
We have a 3 year old bitch that we are hoping to breed on this heat cycle. We have purchased a young 2 year old stud who has never bred. Both of the dogs have passed all of their clearances ect, but we really want this to be a successful breeding. Is there anythin...
Views: 467   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 11, 2007 11:00pm
by Jan
Another Royal Canin recall May 11, 07
http://www.royalcanin.us/ These eight Sensible Choice dry dog food products and seven Kasco dry dog and cat food products with date codes between July 28, 2006 to April 30, 2007 are being voluntarily recalled: SENSIBLE CHOICE® (available in pet specialty s...
Views: 393   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 11, 2007 10:54pm
by Just came across...
j
Jan
breeding a young stud successfully
We have a 3 year old bitch that we are hoping to breed on this heat cycle. We have purchased a young 2 year old stud who has never bred. Both of the dogs have passed all of their clearances ect, but we really want this to be a successful breeding. Is there anythin...
Views: 416   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 11, 2007 8:07pm
by Jan
Posting Winners
Hello All, I posted below as a response, but I have a suggestion when announcing show winners and placements. If possible, would you post the dogs full name? Many of us are unfamiliar with just the call names! Thanks so much!
Views: 599   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 11, 2007 8:01pm
by Susan
Bunny Update
Bunny is improving and she seems quite perky so I am hopeful that she will recover. Last night she was very anxious to snack on a banana (her favorite treat) a very good sign. We're not out of the woods yet - but we can see the light more today. My Veterin...
Views: 502   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 11, 2007 7:33pm
by Linda
Online Entry creator
Does anyone have the link to the site where you can create your entry forms? You sign up, enter your dogs' names, and then you can easily create entry forms for any shows you want to enter? If you have it, can you post the link?
Views: 386   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 11, 2007 3:05pm
by Jen Cordero
new food recall
Natural Ultramix Food Recalled Please forward this information to family or friends that have pets. Castor & Pollux Pet Works has issued a recall on four pet food products: Natural Ultramix Canned Feline Turkey & Vegetables Platter Natural Ultramix Canned Fe...
Views: 481   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 11, 2007 2:59pm
by Rachael
Any results from Pioneer Valley
Anyone hear anything about today's show?
Views: 358   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 11, 2007 2:15pm
by Wondering
Tanbrae links
Does anyone know if the Tanbrae links are up to date. I can not find a e-address for Candee. Mine were not posted yet. But maybe not any have been from the Potomac yet. Sent them middle of April.
Views: 397   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 11, 2007 8:25am
by Xhibitor
e
evelyn
puppy vomiting
I have a puppy that keeps vomiting. She does it once a day. After beeing sick she eats the food up and is okay. She is fed on liquid food. Other than that she is fit and happy. I have also noticed that she breaths a little heavier after playing and running. has anybo...
Views: 363   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 11, 2007 3:19am
by evelyn
Help with swimmer puppy!!!
I have a 15 day old pup that is not up yet. He looks like a swimmer I know there is a way to tape the legs but I am afraid to do it because I have never had a swimmer before. I have hills in the whelping box, it doesn't help. He is very lazy and lies flat on his...
Views: 510   Replies: 9
Last Post: May 10, 2007 11:40pm
by Breeder with swi...
Playing "Dog" with genetics
If you could geneticly get a # of pups in a litter and choice colour and sexes. Would you pay the money to do it?
Views: 650   Replies: 11
Last Post: May 10, 2007 6:08pm
by Tari
n
n00b
Eye test results
I've been interested in labrador retrievers for the last couple of years and finally found a breeder to purchase my first lab from. I just found out that her pick, which was my girl's littermate, did not pass her eye exam and will have to be spayed. I just wanted to...
Views: 722   Replies: 18
Last Post: May 10, 2007 4:14pm
by Laura Dedering
Bitch In Standing Heat Who Is Blowing Coat
I thought girls in heat were supposed to look their best ever. She looks great but is blowing coat like mad. She did not blow prior to going in. Is she confused ... or am I?
Views: 550   Replies: 10
Last Post: May 10, 2007 3:14pm
by zinfndel
75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84
Free Forum powered by Bravenet